PDA

View Full Version : Bly glad to be a Bronco, even after rough season

Italianmobstr7
01-11-2008, 11:03 AM
http://cbs4denver.com/video/?id=37864@kcnc.dayport.com

Broncolingus
01-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Bly had a good season...

A few blown plays, yes, but considering the D-line gave opposing QBs all day to pass almost every game of the season, I'm not going to be super critical of the dude.

If anything, it proves he played well...

He stays...

G_Money
01-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Bly showed me all he needed to show my by staying in the game w/ a separated shoulder, and not just in thegame, but playing WELL while being unable to use one arm. Got a pick and everything.

He knew we needed him w/ Champ out, and he played. That's the sort of performance that gets you some leeway w/ me - and he didn't need the leeway, because he played well all year with just a few missed plays.

Hopefully next year we take better advantage of having both him and Bailey out there.

~G

BOSSHOGG30
01-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Bly needs to work on his tackling.... get with Champ during the off season and learn from the master.... Anyone else notice how opposing teams are running all over us towards Bly's side.

shank
01-11-2008, 12:32 PM
i like bly a lot, he had a very good season (every corner gets beat from time to time people!!) i can't really stand people wanting him out of town. he played well.

i think it's funny that he says it's "way more games than he ever won in detroit" but that detroit won the same number of games this year. sucks for him, but i'm glad he's here and can't wait to see him and champ with a fixed front 7 (crosses fingers)

shank
01-11-2008, 12:37 PM
Bly needs to work on his tackling.... get with Champ during the off season and learn from the master.... Anyone else notice how opposing teams are running all over us towards Bly's side.

have you ever noticed that it's also ian gold's side, and very often elvis dumervil's side?

you can't put bad run defense on the shoulders of a cb...

that being said, he should work on his tackling, but this is one more example of champ ruining many people's perception of what a good corner is. he's one of the best (if not the best) tackling cornerbacks in the league, he is not the standard by which our 2nd corner should be measured.

Skinny
01-11-2008, 12:39 PM
Bly had a good season...

A few blown plays, yes, but considering the D-line gave opposing QBs all day to pass almost every game of the season, I'm not going to be super critical of the dude.

If anything, it proves he played well...

He stays...Agreed ...

The QB pressure just was'nt there to really utilize his strengths.

If Slo is going to Blitz more ... we'll definitely need a corner like Bly who can man up on a island and play the ball ...

topscribe
01-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Stiffen up the running game, and we will be amazed at how much Bly has improved . . .

-----

Lonestar
01-11-2008, 12:57 PM
I noted he and John both had really good things to say about Jim Bates. Both seemed to think he was a good coach and deserved another year..

But now they both have another master under a master to deal with..

I get a chuckle from yesterdays press conference, there was a comment made by mikey about the defense will now play the defense the way he wanted it played..

I really just have to wonder if Jim Bates was really mikeys idea or someone else's?

Astrass
01-11-2008, 01:32 PM
have you ever noticed that it's also ian gold's side, and very often elvis dumervil's side?

you can't put bad run defense on the shoulders of a cb...

that being said, he should work on his tackling, but this is one more example of champ ruining many people's perception of what a good corner is. he's one of the best (if not the best) tackling cornerbacks in the league, he is not the standard by which our 2nd corner should be measured.

Very true......

I really like Bly on this team. AS I said in some other threads he's a great player im every aspect of the game. I really like how he interacts with the fans between plays and during time outs etc. It's his actions you don't get to see on camera that also make him a lot of fun to watch. I hope he and Champ stick around together on this team for many years to come.

Italianmobstr7
01-11-2008, 02:53 PM
It took me the whole year, but I've finally warmed up to Bly a little. I'm very glad that he's a Bronco, and I hope he ends his career here, right next to the great Champ Bailey. He did some good things for us, and played as good as he could with no pass rush to help out, and little safety help. The guy did a good job, and I think that he'll continue to do a good job for years to come as a Bronco.

WARHORSE
01-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Bly threw himself into the tackling, and I think he did so even more at the end of the year than the beginning.

I liked what I saw, and understand he is a very capable CB in this league. We are lucky to have the two we do, and if we can get pressure on the opps QB, the play will be lights out.

I sure hope our young Dlinemen are growing and maturing as we speak.
The ones we have and the ones we're gonna have.........

BOSSHOGG30
01-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Bly has a nose for the ball

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d78/musica52/Key%20Players%20Around%20the%20League/AFC/AFC%20North/Cleveland%20Browns/DreBly.jpg

Italianmobstr7
01-11-2008, 03:33 PM
his ears are what bother me...They're huge!

tripleoption
01-11-2008, 04:10 PM
I've been very impressed with Bly, and like everyone else here I"m glad he's on our team. Sure, he's gotten beat, but no matter who you have at corner, unless you get pressure on the QB, a receiver will get open, whether it's zone or man, so it starts up front. Just watch a 7 on 7 if you ever can. Typically, the offense has the advantage cuz there is no pass rush. Even giving the QB only 4 seconds to get rid of the ball in 7 on 7 the offense is at the advantage. There is no rush, no blitz, no one jumping in the air to bat the ball down. Those who complain that Bly got beat also seem to forget that it's professional football. Everyone is good, and the other guy is getting paid too. I'll take Bly on my team any day.

MOtorboat
01-11-2008, 04:23 PM
I like Bly too, but I wish my father would shut up about how much he sucks...every time we talk about the Broncos, "That Bly is a bust. He's horrible." My dad has never met a cornerback he likes.

Italianmobstr7
01-11-2008, 04:42 PM
I like Bly too, but I wish my father would shut up about how much he sucks...every time we talk about the Broncos, "That Bly is a bust. He's horrible." My dad has never met a cornerback he likes.

My dad is the same way. He even rags on Champ. Senile old man.

shank
01-11-2008, 06:23 PM
My dad is the same way. He even rags on Champ. Senile old man.

do your guys' dads have lots of accounts on the message boards formerly known as broncomania?

over there, every person is saying that bly is terrible and a waste of money and should be cut... :mad:

moral of my story is that ignorance is one of my big pet peeves...

Italianmobstr7
01-11-2008, 06:35 PM
do your guys' dads have lots of accounts on the message boards formerly known as broncomania?

over there, every person is saying that bly is terrible and a waste of money and should be cut... :mad:

Nope. My dad doesn't even have a computer. Only person he talks Broncos football with is me. But he's never satisfied. Every player sucks, Shanny sucks. I take that back. He likes Cutler, and liked Elway and Davis. He also liked Portis a lot, which is probably why he doesn't like Champ.

Watchthemiddle
01-11-2008, 09:11 PM
He was good in Detroit and had a sub par season here. Everyone knows what he is capable of.

I think with a few more pieces in place on D, Bly will only get better.

He does need to work on his tackling.

jrelway
01-11-2008, 10:40 PM
glad to hear bly likes denver. I think champ and dre could of had way more plays if our D-line played up to par.

TXBRONC
01-11-2008, 11:40 PM
glad to hear bly likes denver. I think champ and dre could of had way more plays if our D-line played up to par.

While the did give up some big plays it seemed where we got hurt the most was on screens, crossing patterns and plays over the middle.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-12-2008, 10:55 AM
I like him overall, but for the money he gets paid, he's gotten beat at some pretty significant moments.

TXBRONC
01-12-2008, 12:20 PM
I like him overall, but for the money he gets paid, he's gotten beat at some pretty significant moments.

That was something we knew going into the season. He might have gotten beat less if the pass rush was more consistent.

Lonestar
01-12-2008, 12:28 PM
That was something we knew going into the season. He might have gotten beat less if the pass rush was more consistent.

Yes the CB would have had a better year with consistent pass rush.

But I also have to believe ANY pass rush would have helped..

TXBRONC
01-12-2008, 12:44 PM

Obviously we did have some pass rush, otherwise Dumervil would not have registered 12 sacks or the collectively 33 by the team.

MOtorboat
01-12-2008, 01:16 PM

Honestly, I don't know. My dad might. He always goes to other team's web sites to see what people are saying, so he might be on Broncomania...I don't know.

Astrass
01-14-2008, 02:47 PM

I remember a lot of plays where Bly was supposed to get some kind of Safety help and the safety was no where to be seen.......wonder why that is.....

Lonestar
01-14-2008, 09:08 PM
I remember a lot of plays where Bly was supposed to get some kind of Safety help and the safety was no where to be seen.......wonder why that is.....

to busy playing the LOS run defense first..

Italianmobstr7
01-15-2008, 01:26 AM
the 2 most significant times i remember him being beat were obviously the overtime loss against green bay and the td he gave up to jerry porter when we were up 17-0 in the first raiders game. other than that he didnt play too bad. even champ gave up a big td against the packers though. terrible year for our dline. hopefully next season our corners will be ale to makethe plays that we brought them here to make

SmilinAssasSin27
01-15-2008, 09:25 AM
We need a stud at every level of the D...DT. LB and S. IF we get lucky enuff to land draftees/FAs that actually pan out for us in those positions, it will do worlds for Champ and Dre.

Astrass
01-15-2008, 08:05 PM
to busy playing the LOS run defense first..

exactly......looked like 9 in the box all year and champ and dre running around like crazy.....

nevcraw
01-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Bly will make us all glad he is Bronco for the next few years. next years D will give him the chance to get a lot picks. And if they do not shy away from Bailey he is going to make them pay. just a hunch but the D will be much improved.
Stop the run, go after the QB and the secondary will be what is was supposed to be this year. we are 3 solid contributors away. 1 DT, 1 well rounded DE(jason Taylor) and a solid OLB or MLB and shift williams.
pick up a Safety ala Eric Weddle type in the draft.
Maybe it's the wine talkin'...

broncosfanscott
01-19-2008, 12:18 AM
We just need a good pass rush so Bly and Bailey will have their chances. Don't forget that Bailey had a rough first year with Denver and things smoothed out after that so I think the same will be for Bly.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-19-2008, 11:49 AM
We've been saying get to the QB thing for 3 years now...all of a sudden we have to ad stop the run. Granted, we're better off than Detroit right about now, but our D is a long way off from being dominant again.