PDA

View Full Version : if you think we are facing a "cupcake" team this week ....better think again

T.K.O.
11-11-2009, 12:27 PM
the redskins have faced a pretty easy schedule thus far but still, they are ranked #6 in total defense....and #1 in passing defense.
throw haynsworth into the mix and you have a recipe for a tough day for an anemic broncos offense.
we had better fix our running game sometime before midnight on saturday.
no matter how things look on paper,this is going to be a tough game.
the redskins defense ranks higher than the ravens D....thats scary in itself.
then add the fact that its an early east coast game....against another team "Hungry" for some sort of redemption.
the redskins players will be looking to earn a little r.e.s.p.e.c.t. at the broncos expense.some will be fighting for their jobs and we can not allow the old "were 6-2 div. leaders" and "they're a 2-6 hot mess" thought to cross our minds.
this is one of those games where we could look back in the end of december and say....."if we had just beat the skins".
i realize if we take care of business in our division (beat the raiders,chargers and chiefs at least 1 more time each)all should be well in the afcw.
however i think it will go a long way if we have at least the 1 game lead (hopefully philly whips the bolts to make it 2)heading into the game against the bolts at mile high.
so........get mean.....get nasty.....get angry.......get a win in washington.go broncos !

Poet
11-11-2009, 12:29 PM
Their defense is pretty damn stout.

Too bad they ruined their quarterback, their best RB is out with a concussion, they have only one good WR, and their offensive line is trash.

SOCALORADO.
11-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Their defense is pretty damn stout.

Too bad they ruined their quarterback, their best RB is out with a concussion, they have only one good WR, and their offensive line is trash.

Chris Horton their SS was sent to IR today as well.

Poet
11-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Chris Horton their SS was sent to IR today as well.

Damn..........

Well at least they can lineup DeAngelo Hall on Eddie Roy......oh dear.

SOCALORADO.
11-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Damn..........

Well at least they can lineup DeAngelo Hall on Eddie Roy......oh dear.

:lol:

SmilinAssasSin27
11-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Their D is solid.

But they played WINLESS teams each of their first 6 games and went 2-4. Now there games have been close, but over the past 2 weeks, the margins of victory have been getting bigger. I think they've given up.

T.K.O.
11-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Their D is solid.

But they played WINLESS teams each of their first 6 games and went 2-4. Now there games have been close, but over the past 2 weeks, the margins of victory have been getting bigger. I think they've given up.

i hope none of the broncos agree with you....or we'll get our butts kicked for a third week in a row:tsk:

Medford Bronco
11-11-2009, 12:55 PM
This game is a must win for us. The Skins have a pathetic coach, ol and QB.

I hpe philly shows up and beats the sparklers as well

SmilinAssasSin27
11-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Tell me what threat they pose offensively.

T.K.O.
11-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Tell me what threat they pose offensively.

its the nfl.....thats enough threat.
how much of a "threat" was mike wallace....who the hell is mike wallace?:confused:
and mendenhall ran for over 100 yds in the 3rd quarter last week....anybody with the ball is a threat ;)

Iron Horse72
11-11-2009, 01:04 PM
I am almost willing to bet we lose this week, just feels that way.

SmilinAssasSin27
11-11-2009, 01:06 PM
how much of a "threat" was mike wallace....who the hell is mike wallace?:confused:
and mendenhall ran for over 100 yds in the 3rd quarter last week....anybody with the ball is a threat ;)

If you don't know who MIke Wallace is, there is no sense in continuing the conversation. As a rookie, he has 25 catches, 450 yards receiving and 3 TDs. As a ROOKIE!

The Skins have NO Portis, NO Cooley, NO OLine. I don't care if this is the NFL. They haven't gotten more than 17 points in ANY game this year. No against the Rams. Not against the Lions. They scored SIX against KC. SIX!!!!!

I'm sure the players are professional (and angry) enough not to overlook them. BUT, if we lose this game, we shouldn't even bother showing up for any more of em.

dogfish
11-11-2009, 01:07 PM
i think we're facing a cupcake team this week. . . .

NightTrainLayne
11-11-2009, 01:09 PM

I have that same feeling. .. .and I've had it the past two weeks as well.

SmilinAssasSin27
11-11-2009, 01:12 PM
I knew we were losing the last 2. They have talent. We're improved, but still in transition, and were facing very stout defenses, both of which had 2 weeks to scheme for us due to bye weeks. Both were in the AFCCG last year and 1 won the friggin Super Bowl. The way we've played vs NE, Cincy, Dallas and the way we buried Clev and Oak, there is no excuse for not destroying this squad.

T.K.O.
11-11-2009, 01:13 PM
If you don't know who MIke Wallace is, there is no sense in continuing the conversation. As a rookie, he has 25 catches, 450 yards receiving and 3 TDs. As a ROOKIE!

The Skins have NO Portis, NO Cooley, NO OLine. I don't care if this is the NFL. They haven't gotten more than 17 points in ANY game this year. No against the Rams. Not against the Lions. They scored SIX against KC. SIX!!!!!

I'm sure the players are professional (and angry) enough not to overlook them. BUT, if we lose this game, we shouldn't even bother showing up for any more of em.

thats all good.....how many points has our offense scored when facing a top ranked defense?.....17 sounds pretty good....just sayin'
dont get me wrong i think we will win this game,my point is the game may not be as easy as the redskins record would make it appear....thats all.
and if we dont get some kind of balance back in our attack (more than 30 yds rushing) we could easily be 6-3

SOCALORADO.
11-11-2009, 01:15 PM
I have that same feeling. .. .and I've had it the past two weeks as well.

Relax! Jeez! I swear, just a bunch of wuss bags around here!
Reary!?!?! You had a "feeling" we might lose to the reigning SB champs and a really good BALT team?!?!
You should be reading palms down on the boardwalk!

The deadskins are gonna get a big, kick in the @$$!!
:defense: :defense: :defense: :defense: :defense: :defense: :defense:

SmilinAssasSin27
11-11-2009, 01:17 PM
Again, they have a good D. But they also don't play a 3-4 and aren't near the level of Bmore or Pitt. That is what we've struggled with. Their D has also played the inept offenses of StL, Det, TB and KC. We've shown we are better than those teams and have put up points on everyone but them. And yes, I remember Cincy, but that was game 1 under a new regime.

silkamilkamonico
11-11-2009, 01:17 PM
I knew we were losing the last 2. They have talent. We're improved, but still in transition, and were facing very stout defenses, both of which had 2 weeks to scheme for us due to bye weeks. Both were in the AFCCG last year and 1 won the friggin Super Bowl. The way we've played vs NE, Cincy, Dallas and the way we buried Clev and Oak, there is no excuse for not destroying this squad.

I think you're failing to remember that the Broncos offense gave Pittburgh more points then they scored themselves.

Let's just hope our offense doesn't throw another pick 6 in a game where they only get a FG or 2. That would make Washington's offense irrelevant.

Where's the game anyways? If it's in Washington that should be a concern. West Coast teams have an absolutely horrendous record when traveling to the East Coast and having to deal with the time change. Significantly more than when East Coast teams travel West.

SmilinAssasSin27
11-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Orton had 1 bad game of 8. I'll give him a pass on that...but you are right, if he does it again, there are worries that extend far beyond a trip to DC....and it is in DC.

I get the whole West to East thing, but is it as bad for Denver? I know the west coast teams struggle, but I never thought it really effected anyone outside of the Pacific time zone.

Poet
11-11-2009, 01:19 PM

Wallace is a fast WR with heart who is a hellish matchup for a lot of teams because Ward, Holmes and Miller can stretch a defense.

He's never going to be a pro bowler, but Nate Washington is a good player and he's from that mold.

silkamilkamonico
11-11-2009, 01:21 PM
I think we'll be fine in DC. I don't think we're going to blow them out because I don't think we're capable of being an explosive offense right now, but we don't have to be.

Th big issue again, is our oline going to get manhandled in the trenches again, taking away our running game and leaving us in long situations.

We got manhandled by Pittsburgh's second unit on dline, which includes Nick f'n Eason.

TXBRONC
11-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Orton had 1 bad game of 8. I'll give him a pass on that...but you are right, if he does it again, there are worries that extend far beyond a trip to DC....and it is in DC.

I get the whole West to East thing, but is it as bad for Denver? I know the west coast teams struggle, but I never thought it really effected anyone outside of the Pacific time zone.

I wouldn't say that the Baltimore game was all that kind to Orton. He didn't any interceptions but he also didn't throw any touchdowns either.

TXBRONC
11-11-2009, 01:37 PM
the redskins have faced a pretty easy schedule thus far but still, they are ranked #6 in total defense....and #1 in passing defense.
throw haynsworth into the mix and you have a recipe for a tough day for an anemic broncos offense.
we had better fix our running game sometime before midnight on saturday.
no matter how things look on paper,this is going to be a tough game.
the redskins defense ranks higher than the ravens D....thats scary in itself.
then add the fact that its an early east coast game....against another team "Hungry" for some sort of redemption.
the redskins players will be looking to earn a little r.e.s.p.e.c.t. at the broncos expense.some will be fighting for their jobs and we can not allow the old "were 6-2 div. leaders" and "they're a 2-6 hot mess" thought to cross our minds.
this is one of those games where we could look back in the end of december and say....."if we had just beat the skins".
i realize if we take care of business in our division (beat the raiders,chargers and chiefs at least 1 more time each)all should be well in the afcw.
however i think it will go a long way if we have at least the 1 game lead (hopefully philly whips the bolts to make it 2)heading into the game against the bolts at mile high.
so........get mean.....get nasty.....get angry.......get a win in washington.go broncos !

I think some of problems in the running game have to do with what is going on in the passing game. Orton's strength is the short to intermediate routes with us not challenging teams down field (for what ever reason it may) opposing defenses sitting on the short stuff by crowding the box and that's Denver's ability to run the ball.

SmilinAssasSin27
11-11-2009, 01:47 PM
I wouldn't say that the Baltimore game was all that kind to Orton. He didn't any interceptions but he also didn't throw any touchdowns either.

Agreed, but he also didn't make unforced errors like he did vs Pitt. The first INT was due to Pitt's pressure, but the last 2 were just awful passes.

titan
11-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Let's just hope our offense doesn't throw another pick 6 in a game where they only get a FG or 2. That would make Washington's offense irrelevant.

Where's the game anyways? If it's in Washington that should be a concern. West Coast teams have an absolutely horrendous record when traveling to the East Coast and having to deal with the time change. Significantly more than when East Coast teams travel West.

Game is in DC. Definitely not a "gimme" for the broncos. Denver has to get off to a fast start. As you said if the offense gives Washington an easy touchdown then it'll be much tougher playing catchup against a good Washington defense. On the other hand, if the Broncos can get the lead I'm confident the defense will keep the Redskins in check.

Add to the East Coast factor the short week of practice because of the Monday night game.

Still pick the Broncos to win, but wouldn't be shocked with a loss.

broncophan
11-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Well ......in 8 games so far we have not played well in 3 of them imo.......Pitt,Baltimore, and Cincy., but you also have to give credit to those 3 teams.....and really....imo.....we played well in the first half against the Steelers.

Good teams win the games they are supposed to win.....against lesser opponents.To me....the skins are a lesser opponent......so we'll find out on Sunday if we have a "good" football team.

I realize we are 6-2 and falling to 6-3 would not be the "end of the world"......but BEAT THE TEAMS YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BEAT......

By the way.....there are no cupcakes in the nfl......

Ravage!!!
11-11-2009, 02:45 PM
The Redskins right now are a team thats given up. The owner is bringing in guys to undermine the coach..they pay Haynesworth a ton of money only to watch him go into 'coast' now that he has his big pay day... Portis is going to sit.. their ss is now on IR..and their QB sucks.

This team doesn't have the leadership to simply over-come everything that is surrounding that team. There is no reason for us to lose to Washington.... although I know any team can beat anyone on any given Sunday (after all, we are 6-2)

KCL
11-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Good Lord...you all lost your last 2 to teams that have good defenses...The Chiefs beat them IN Washington for crying out loud.Our one and only win thus far...you should be fine!

SoCoPoCo
11-11-2009, 04:00 PM

Please don't even say that! My brother is flying out from Denver and we're going to the game - along with a co-worker who is a Redskin fan. Trust me, what was a foregone conclusion (Denver win) two weeks ago has taken a different twist with out two losses...whether we justify them or not. Yes, they are beaten up and horrible on offense; but their defense has been tough all year long and with the exception of losing their safety this week it should provide a very tough test. Broncos better be ready to play!

Iron Horse72
11-11-2009, 04:15 PM
Please don't even say that! My brother is flying out from Denver and we're going to the game - along with a co-worker who is a Redskin fan. Trust me, what was a foregone conclusion (Denver win) two weeks ago has taken a different twist with out two losses...whether we justify them or not. Yes, they are beaten up and horrible on offense; but their defense has been tough all year long and with the exception of losing their safety this week it should provide a very tough test. Broncos better be ready to play!

I mean I doubt we lose, or we shouldn't lose this week.

We need points and tunrovers.

LRtagger
11-11-2009, 04:22 PM
I think our interior lineman may have problems with their front, but I still think this ends up with an outcome similar to the Raiders game. I think our offense has 0 turnovers and our defense gets 2-3.

Medford Bronco
11-11-2009, 04:48 PM
i think we're facing a cupcake team this week. . . .

This Kind:laugh::laugh::laugh:

http://www.dailypainters.com/images/origs/606/chocolate_cupcake.jpg

girler
11-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Ya. THESE are the redskins:

http://cdn.picapp.com/ftp/Images/d/7/e/9/Jacksonville_Jaguars_v_de9f.jpg

And THIS is cupcake:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3149/2869185358_91b08f68cb_o.jpg

KNOW the difference!!! :salute:

Ravage!!!
11-11-2009, 04:51 PM
wow.. now I'm REALLY hungry for cup cakes

Nomad
11-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Last time the BRONCOS played the Redskins in MD/VA/DC (wherever they're located), the BRONCOS laid the wood to them...I believe it was mid 90s. I'll have to go look it up and I hope for the same results. But I think it's going to be a close game!!

Ravage!!!
11-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Last time the BRONCOS played the Redskins in MD/VA/DC (wherever they're located), the BRONCOS laid the wood to them...I believe it was mid 90s. I'll have to go look it up and I hope for the same results. But I think it's going to be a close game!!

Really? why is that?

I guess I put the Redskins in the same boat as the cleveland Browns and the Raiders. Both of which we handled pretty well.

Nomad
11-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Really? why is that?

I guess I put the Redskins in the same boat as the cleveland Browns and the Raiders. Both of which we handled pretty well.

Why does it matter to you?? I predicted it to be a close game:ohwell: take it at that!! BTW, I could care less what you think!!

Ravage!!!
11-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Why does it matter to you?? I predicted it to be a close game:ohwell: take it at that!! BTW, I could care less what you think!!

wow... that was a question to get your insight on your thoughts. :lol::lol::lol:

TXBRONC
11-11-2009, 06:38 PM

The last time we faced the Redskins in D.C. was 1998.

Denver won 38-16.

girler
11-11-2009, 06:41 PM

Denver won 38-16.

:laugh: that would have been a total IN YOUR FACE from John then. :salute:

TXBRONC
11-11-2009, 06:43 PM
:laugh: that would have been a total IN YOUR FACE from John then. :salute:

The final score was 38 to 16.

Ravage!!!
11-11-2009, 06:45 PM

ahhh.. the SB years :dreamysigh:

girler
11-11-2009, 06:50 PM
ahhh.. the SB years :dreamysigh:

:cheers: Those years took away the pain of being pregnant during 2 consecutive seasons... :tsk: :beer:

Ravage!!!
11-11-2009, 06:51 PM
:cheers: Those years took away the pain of being pregnant during 2 consecutive seasons... :tsk: :beer:

HEY... for me too! :shocked:

girler
11-11-2009, 06:52 PM
HEY... for me too! :shocked:

:shocked: Hey, maybe we should both get pregnant again THIS season! :eek:

EDIT: You know, take one for the team! :uh:

gnomeflinger
11-11-2009, 06:58 PM
You guys are on your own. I'm all for taking one for the team, but I'm not going to get pregnant for anyone.

Ravage, let us know how that goes for you. :salute:

girler
11-11-2009, 07:06 PM
You guys are on your own. I'm all for taking one for the team, but I'm not going to get pregnant for anyone.

Ravage, let us know how that goes for you. :salute:

:listen: Well I don't have the equipment for getting pregnant anymore, but don't tell Ravage!!! that. :whistle: You could have played along too, since you were pregnant during those consecutive seasons too. :tsk:

Ravage!!!
11-11-2009, 07:09 PM
:listen: Well I don't have the equipment for getting pregnant anymore, but don't tell Ravage!!! that. :whistle: You could have played along too, since you were pregnant during those consecutive seasons too. :tsk:

Hey... I'm still willing to help you try!

gnomeflinger
11-11-2009, 07:09 PM

Yes, I could have, and that is privileged information that should have not been released. I'd sleep with one eye open, if I were you.

girler
11-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Sorry, I don't mean to derail this thread- Everyone talk about the red cupcake skins after this post, ok!??!

:eek: I just realized why only my youngest child is a Broncos fan! He's the only one who went to a game in-utero! :doh: If I'd have known that, I would have gone with all the other kids too. :noidea: What was I thinking??? :confused:

girler
11-11-2009, 07:13 PM
Yes, I could have, and that is privileged information that should have not been released. I'd sleep with one eye open, if I were you.

:shocked: :D :vroam:

Nomad
11-11-2009, 07:22 PM

Denver won 38-16.

I remember Bubby didn't do to bad in that game, but I didn't think the score was that lopsided, it would be great for a repeat!!

girler
11-11-2009, 07:26 PM
I remember Bubby didn't do to bad in that game, but I didn't think the score was that lopsided, it would be great for a repeat!!

It was Bubby, not Gus? I thought it was Gus that year... Maybe that's pregnant brain though. :tongue:

Nomad
11-11-2009, 07:27 PM
It was Bubby, not Gus? I thought it was Gus that year... Maybe that's pregnant brain though. :tongue:

OK, I slightly remember, it was one of them:D, I thought it was Brister!!

Shazam!
11-11-2009, 07:35 PM
If they can't find a way to beat down the woeful 'Skins, they are finished. Sure their defense is pretty good but the Broncos should be good enough to win. There should be no lack of motivation now. It's one thing losing to skilled teams who dont match up well with the Broncos, but a 2-6 team they should beat. Then I'll be the first to say this team is in more than deep trouble, they'll be essentially done.

girler
11-11-2009, 07:36 PM
OK, I slightly remember, it was one of them:D, I thought it was Brister!!

You're right.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/den/1998.htm

MasterShake
11-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Pfft...Redskins! :lol:

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/redskins.jpg

sneakers
11-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Redskins QB = a poor mans Jamarcus Russell

Medford Bronco
11-11-2009, 08:35 PM

I actually think Bubby Brister Started that game and TD went off

girler
11-11-2009, 08:48 PM
I actually think Bubby Brister Started that game and TD went off

I used to have a video of that entire season, but my kids didn't know what "those black rectangle things" were and used them as building bricks. I don't think any of them survived. :tsk:

Medford Bronco
11-11-2009, 08:50 PM
I used to have a video of that entire season, but my kids didn't know what "those black rectangle things" were and used them as building bricks. I don't think any of them survived. :tsk:

That stinks.:tsk:

I have all the playoff games on VHS tape. My fav is the win over the JETS in the AFC Championship game with Elway and McCaffrey having that "look" for the long pass that led to the first TD of the game. :salute:

It feels like a million years ago:shocked:

Superchop 7
11-11-2009, 08:51 PM
They are not cupcakes.

They are a combo "Suzy Q-Ho Ho"

Just sayin...

SoCoPoCo
11-12-2009, 07:59 AM
I mean I doubt we lose, or we shouldn't lose this week.

We need points and tunrovers.

Absolutely...I think the Skins will help us out with the turnovers - the points...notsomuch.

EastCoastBronco
11-12-2009, 08:33 AM
The only time I have seen Washington (other than highlights) is the Monday nighter against Philly a couple of weeks ago. They have a damn good defence. They forced a ton of 3 and outs. All of Philly's points came off defence and 2-3 BIG plays. That's it. The rest of the time they were shut down by Haynesworth and company...
Our defence is going to be carrying the load in this one....again.

Nomad
11-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Bump!!:sigh:

gobroncsnv
11-15-2009, 06:12 PM
Now our D is as suspect as our O... We are back at square one, needing better line play on both sides. What happened to Clady??? He's definitely dropped off the past few games. And the dline or front 7 is showing to be a weak link, even against a "patchwork" oline.
Much bummed here.

Mike
11-15-2009, 06:15 PM
Now our D is as suspect as our O... We are back at square one, needing better line play on both sides. What happened to Clady??? He's definitely dropped off the past few games. And the dline or front 7 is showing to be a weak link, even against a "patchwork" oline.
Much bummed here.

The defense is fine. The offense needs to stop the 3 and outs and give the defense more than 2 minutes rest though.

gobroncsnv
11-16-2009, 12:00 AM
Sorry Mike, we disagree. The skins had long drives on us in the first half (their first possession, they scored on what, a 60+ yard drive???), second half, same with last week, week before. We have lost whatever magic we had 4 games ago. We are getting beaten physically up front, BOTH sides of the ball. It's starting to not matter at what point of the game it is. Washington hadn't averaged 100 yds a game, they got like 190 (?) today, or just seemed like that.
Well, perhaps we agree that the offense needs improvement, especially when our starting QB is out.