PDA

View Full Version : McFadden Caught in 'Rowdy Scene' at Piano Bar

DenBronx
01-10-2008, 09:07 PM
http://sports.aol.com/ncaafb/story/_a/star-caught-in-rowdy-scene-at-piano-bar/20080110112909990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (Jan. 10) - Heisman Trophy runner-up Darren McFadden was handcuffed by police and then released without charges after being involved in a "pretty rowdy scene" at a piano bar early Thursday.

The Heisman finalist is expected to be a top pick in the NFL Draft if he makes himself eligible. According to his mother, McFadden was trying to protect his younger brother during Thursday's incident.

Arkansas' All-America running back and at least four others were at the downtown bar, called Ernie Biggs, when a disturbance broke out shortly after midnight, police Lt. Terry Hastings said. A bouncer was hit in the face as he was trying to get the group to leave, Hastings said. A police report did not specify who hit the bouncer.

"There was a whole bunch of people there," Hastings said. "They were inside and it spilled out into the street."

Outside, McFadden was handcuffed by a police officer "because he was agitated and was provoking aggressive behavior inciting the incident," according to the police report.

"We handcuffed him for a few minutes because he was rowdy," Hastings said.

McFadden, who was the only person handcuffed, was released after he calmed down. Hastings said it was routine procedure to handcuff a person to gain control of a situation.

schnooks1
01-10-2008, 09:40 PM
http://sports.aol.com/ncaafb/story/_a/star-caught-in-rowdy-scene-at-piano-bar/20080110112909990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (Jan. 10) - Heisman Trophy runner-up Darren McFadden was handcuffed by police and then released without charges after being involved in a "pretty rowdy scene" at a piano bar early Thursday.

The Heisman finalist is expected to be a top pick in the NFL Draft if he makes himself eligible. According to his mother, McFadden was trying to protect his younger brother during Thursday's incident.

Arkansas' All-America running back and at least four others were at the downtown bar, called Ernie Biggs, when a disturbance broke out shortly after midnight, police Lt. Terry Hastings said. A bouncer was hit in the face as he was trying to get the group to leave, Hastings said. A police report did not specify who hit the bouncer.

"There was a whole bunch of people there," Hastings said. "They were inside and it spilled out into the street."

Outside, McFadden was handcuffed by a police officer "because he was agitated and was provoking aggressive behavior inciting the incident," according to the police report.

"We handcuffed him for a few minutes because he was rowdy," Hastings said.

McFadden, who was the only person handcuffed, was released after he calmed down. Hastings said it was routine procedure to handcuff a person to gain control of a situation.

I had no clue that piano bars could get that rowdy!! I do like to learn something new everyday! This is new!!:D

Watchthemiddle
01-10-2008, 09:44 PM
I had no clue that piano bars could get that rowdy!! I do like to learn something new everyday! This is new!!:D

Only in Arkansas :laugh:

Stats
01-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Only in Arkansas :laugh:

Yeah, we kind of lack culture down here...

jhns
01-10-2008, 10:40 PM
What exactly is a piano bar? Is it just a bar with a piano in it?

Stats
01-10-2008, 11:06 PM
What exactly is a piano bar? Is it just a bar with a piano in it?

Its more along the line of a jazz bar. They popped up while Clinton was governor.

DenBronx
01-11-2008, 11:26 AM
why would it even get rowdy in a piano bar? if mcfadden gets rowdy in piano bars then i wouldnt want to see what he is like in a regular club. is mcfadden a thug?