PDA

View Full Version : CoD: MW2 -IGN Review

Shazam!
11-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Review
It's set to be one of the biggest selling games of all time. Is it one of the greatest?
by Mark Bozon
IGN.com

November 10, 2009 - Over the years the Call of Duty series has set the bar for immersive, action-packed, cinematic FPS gaming, and no matter what camp you're from there's no denying the franchise's influence on the industry. When Infinity Ward moved from the classic World War II setting and blazed new ground with Modern Warfare we saw the first obvious split within the world of Call of Duty. The series dropped its historic focus, created a new cast of characters, and began treading on new ground by taking the first-person shooter genre to new locales, and pushing the boundaries of what military games are willing to show. With Modern Warfare 2, the sheer amount of hype has been practically inescapable, with preorders alone setting it up as one of the biggest selling games of all time, the addition of even more multiplayer modes and features, and the game's new Special Operations mode has set Infinity Ward's lastest up as the game to beat this year.

The real question: has it been worth the wait, and can Modern Warfare 2 live up to the precedent set by over half a decade of Call of Duty tradition?

Modern Warfare 2 is by far the least traditional of the series, with the core package broken up into three main pillars of gameplay. Single-player fans have their main campaign, if you're down for more co-op gameplay either locally or via online connection you've got the new Spec Ops mode, and Modern Warfare's groundbreaking multiplayer is back, and truly better than ever. There's an overwhelming amount of content to experience, but with each mode being 100% standalone in nature, you're getting three completely different experiences all in one. That, however, also plays a huge factor into how your final opinion of Modern Warfare 2 as a whole turns out.

First and foremost is the single-player experience. As the anchor of the Call of Duty world, campaign mode is back, and it's intense. You'll instantly get a sense of just how far the improved engine has come when you're thrown into the bustling streets of Rio de Janeiro's favela, the ice-capped mountains of Kazakhstan, the dusty roads of Afghanistan, and other unexpected locales. On the visual side of things, Modern Warfare 2 is an obvious step up over Call of Duty 4 and World at War, with a stronger emphasis on complex terrain in the environments, weather effects, destructible objects, and the overall sense of action and chaos that comes with so many visual improvements. This is only complemented further by the increased attention to sound design, with the effects of many returning weapons being re-recorded,even more in-level chatter amongst your allies, and a truly captivating score by Hans Zimmer which builds based on specific in-game moments. Modern Warfare 2 feels like an action movie through and through, with the production values alone dating Infinity Ward's last game, Call of Duty 4, quite a bit.

At the same time, the single-player campaign has its issues. For starters, it's short. I've been playing Call of Duty 4 steadily since its release, and my first completion of the Modern Warfare 2 campaign came in at just under five hours on regular difficulty. Playing through on hardened will add another hour and a half onto that. Modern Warfare 2 is definitely more chaotic this time around – partially due to the new visual effects and upped production values – and with the improved enemy AI and tough scenario design you'll be fighting for every checkpoint.

One of the larger visual changes to the game's heads-up display this time around is the blood splatter system. In previous Call of Duty offerings you'd get damaged, the screen would start to shade red, and you'd be required to seek cover before your vision returned to normal. Modern Warfare 2 employs a new system, actually having a thicker blood layer added to up the realism. There's been some discussion on whether the splatter is too distracting, and in my experience with the game it's far from an issue. You'll be able to take more hits on easier difficulty settings, so while a few well-placed shots will drop players on hardened or veteran modes the added splatter is an acceptable trade-off for more overall health.

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/104/1043366/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-20091109113738122-000.jpg
Campaign's story might be a little farfetched and slightly cramped, but there's no denying the spectacle of it all. Modern Warfare 2 will blow you away.

Thankfully many of the glaring issues from last time around have been fixed. You won't find unlimited enemy spawns in areas, there's always a waypoint icon on-screen showing you where to go or who to follow, and the amount of in-game chatter from your team is simply astounding. It isn't often in games that you'll hear your squad call out specific areas on the map and have it mean anything. When your friend shouts, "Two tangos behind the yellow station wagon!" you'll actually see two enemies behind a yellow station wagon. It's a pretty engaging experience. You'll still have random issues with friendly AI, specifically with blocking your movement or deciding to walk in front of you mid-firefight, but for the most part it's a better experience than the first Modern Warfare.

Where Modern Warfare 2's campaign drops the ball, however, is in its actual storytelling. With no historic anchor it's up to the Infinity Ward to not only put players in the moment, but also build and develop the world around those moments. That's one area where Modern Warfare 2 could have used more polish time or specific direction to get right. Events fly by, story is told only through load screens or in-game via NPC chatter (usually amidst firefights, where reading text isn't exactly priority one) and the story is so gigantically over-the-top that you'll often find yourself catching your breath after a mission, feeling like you had fun, and then trying to figure out what you just did in the context of the story. Though this may prove an issue for some, I was able to catch the plot, enjoy the characters, follow the twists, and truly care about the story. But then again, I've also been dedicated to nothing but Modern Warfare 2 for the last six months. The game often expects you to already know the characters, extrapolate on one line of dialogue or a quick cut-scene, and then figure out the story from there. In the end though, there's no real weight to anything you're doing. Outside of playing a couple missions as a soldier taking orders from the top you never get a true feel for scale, or any actual emotional attachment to the events. Something as simple as a newscast reel, or moment of downtime while on the field would have gone a long way. The end result is a game that has the feel of an '80s action movie with huge plot holes covered by plenty of epic moments, but never a believable, cohesive set of events.

There are definitely still great moments to be had in single player though. There's a laundry list of awesome gameplay concepts and new tech at your disposal. It just doesn't stack up against some of the previous Call of Duty story modes, where single player was the obvious focus throughout the entire package.

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/104/1043366/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-20091109113740856-000.jpg
Multiplayer raises the bar this time around with a huge emphasis on team play. Bring your friends, or get online and make some.

Shazam!
11-10-2009, 11:07 AM
For the vast majority of the experience, Modern Warfare 2 is best enjoyed with friends either locally or via online. The core campaign may have taken a bit of a hit, but in its place is an incredibly well done debut mode called Spec Ops. For those that don't know, Special Operations mode is an arcade-inspired challenge mode that can be played single player for the most part (minus a few co-op specific challenges), but is obviously designed around two-person team play. The mode is broken up into five tiers, each with missions that have a possible three stars to gain based on difficulty level in each of the 23 missions. You'll see a lot of repeating areas, some pulled directly from the single-player campaign, but the actual objectives (and most of the time, the exact layout of the level) is all new. You won't find leaderboards for this mode, unfortunately.

SpecOps mode is going to surprise a lot of gamers. It's addictive and surprisingly entertaining. It's longer, overall, than single-player mode, is a huge upgrade from the previously unlockable Arcade Mode in the first Modern Warfare, and some of the missions will have players going back over and over again well after all 69 stars are earned. The co-op only AC-130 mission, for example, is one of the biggest highlights of the entire Modern Warfare 2 package. One player mans the gunship while the other sneaks behind enemy lines on foot. The need for co-op play here is tremendous. In a similar mission, one player will man a chopper mini-gun and actually control the bird's fly speed as it circles a stranded soldier (player two) in a suburban warzone. Not only will you need to work in tandem to move from point to point, but the mission ends with an amazingly cinematic finale as the chopper pilot destroys countless buildings, lays down waves of covering fire for his friend, and then actually swoops in to pick him up on a rooftop. You may have thought you were buying Modern Warfare 2 simply for the competitive multiplayer or single-player campaign alone, but mark my words; you will be pulled in by Spec Ops, and when it's all said and done you'll be begging for more.

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/104/1043366/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-20091109113857058-000.jpg
Seeing Modern Warfare 2 next to Call of Duty 4 is a pretty eye-opening experience. The engine has come a long way.

And then there's the competitive multiplayer. While there's a near-endless amount that could be said about the final and largest pillar of the Modern Warfare 2 experience, it really boils down to a few key aspects. First off, the visual overhaul. Multiplayer looks beautiful this time around, with the visuals trumping that of the single-player offering in the original Modern Warfare, and much more epic locales. There's a huge level of smoke and effects to be seen, electrical equipment and cars explode, and nearly every item in the levels are physics enabled, all amounting to an experience that feels like a true extension of single player, rather than some stripped down visual offering. There was a full team dedicated to multiplayer for Modern Warfare 2 and it shows.

Infinity Ward also made a point to focus on both user feedback from the first Modern Warfare, as well as overall balance across multiplayer modes. The class system returns with a set of both new and returning weapons, perks, and the new customizable killstreaks, but despite having well over double the amount of total content this time around Modern Warfare 2 retains its strategic feel across the board. In fact, this is easily one of the most balanced multiplayer games I've ever played, as every strategy has its counter, and players at every skill level can contribute to their team in some unique way. The entire experience is extremely rewarding, and the sheer amount of content will have you coming back again and again.

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/104/1043366/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-20091109113735278-000.jpg
Simply stunning.

In fact, the killstreaks themselves are evidence that the game's balance is truly there. Killstreaks have been expanded from the original Modern Warfare, now allowing players to unlock rewards such as stealth bombers, AC-130 strikes, EMP blasts, and even a devastating 25 killstreak nuke that ends the game with a big bang, automatically handing your team the win if you can pull it off. With such devastating power at your fingertips though, balance was crucial, and Infinity Ward pulled it off. Many of the more annoying tactics in the original Modern Warfare have been removed, so you'll no longer have players throwing three frag grenades every life, martyrdom has been removed from the main set of perks, and with plenty of airborne attacks and a wide variety of equipment and weapons camping is far less of an issue. In fact, even the multiplayer maps themselves solve many of the common issues of COD4's multiplayer, and in turn make for a better experience. You'll find more height, more alternate routes to areas, and more diversity all around. There's an insane level of depth and strategy in Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer, and this is far from just an upgrade from COD4. Thinking about picking up one of the special edition Modern Warfare 2 packages? Check out our full review of the Hardened Edition, or the must-see Prestige Edition review.

Closing Comments

When you look at the total package, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is hands-down one of the best first-person shooters out there, and a truly amazing offering across any system. With that being said, our score comes with a disclaimer. For those planning to check out everything Modern Warefare 2 has to offer – online competition, full co-op Spec Ops mode, as well as the campaign – you’re looking at a no-brainer purchase. For the strictly single player crowd, however, Modern Warfare 2 is surprisingly short, and doesn’t live up to the standard set by previous Call of Duty games. The campaign can be completed in as little as four and a half hours, and the missions make better scenarios and moment-to-moment adrenaline rushes than they do a cohesive, well-told story. If you’re going solo, you’ve officially been warned. Look at the complete Modern Warfare 2 experience though, and there’s no denying its rightful place at the top.

Presentation 8.5
The graphical presentation is great, but campaign’s storytelling needs work. Single player is short, and doesn’t entirely live up to the Call of Duty standard.

Graphics 10
What was already an impressive graphical engine has only improved over the last two years. More effects, grander environments, and a truly spectacular overall visual offering.

Sound 10
Along with graphical design, Modern Warfare 2’s audio is upped substantially. Authentic weapon sounds and more in-game chatter mix with a beautiful adaptive score by Hans Zimmer.

Gameplay 9
There’s no single AC-130 “wow” moment in single player, but it’s fun throughout. Special Ops mode and multiplayer are must-play, and completely make the package.

Lasting Appeal 10
While campaign is short, Spec Ops mode is an awesome addition to the package. Multiplayer is stronger than ever, and truly limitless in replay value.

OVERALL- 9.5 (Incredible)

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/104/1043366p1.html

claymore
11-10-2009, 11:09 AM
Ohhhhhhhhh So horny to play this!!!!! What a sweet way to forget a heartaching loss!!!!!!! :nerd:

Zweems56
11-10-2009, 11:33 AM
I'm a pc gamer, so I'm currently boycotting MW2. Perhaps in a few months I'll consider it.

Shazam!
11-10-2009, 12:42 PM
I'm a pc gamer, so I'm currently boycotting MW2. Perhaps in a few months I'll consider it.

Time to accept the fact you need a PS3 or 360.

Mike
11-10-2009, 01:21 PM
I broke down and got the PS3. I am used to PC...so pretty much I suck. :P

underrated29
11-10-2009, 07:00 PM
I LIIIKKKEEE!

How much does it cost? I might not have enough $$ to shell out for it.

claymore
11-10-2009, 07:36 PM
I LIIIKKKEEE!

I paid like 64. Man.... This game is awesome........ I love it. I quit playing the single player cause I couldnt wait to go online..........

Freakin awesome. Guns are awesome, red dot is way better....... You get to call in a JDAM for a 5 kill streak i think........ But you can customize your kill streak's in the custom class areas.

underrated29
11-10-2009, 08:13 PM
are you good.

I sucked at cod4. I never got 5 kill streaks. But i played it online everyonce in awhile.

Now that i dont have a wife to bytch me out for playing i think i might actually be able to get good.

You have a ps3 though dont you.

Shazam!
11-10-2009, 10:23 PM

For $150 you can get the prestige edition, with real working replica nightvision goggles. No, I am not kidding.

Zweems56
11-10-2009, 10:28 PM

Time to accept the fact you need a PS3 or 360.

I've had a 360 for years. Doesn't mean that I want to play a FPS on it. Also, it's not that the 360 version has so much more than the PC version... its that the PC version is lacking the EXTRAS that it had previously.

underrated29
11-10-2009, 11:04 PM
For $150 you can get the prestige edition, with real working replica nightvision goggles. No, I am not kidding.

haha

Screw that.

$64 is enough.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-10-2009, 11:37 PM
haha

Screw that.

$64 is enough.

Come on. If you're going to pay 60 bucks to get the game, might as well shell out 90 more to role play and pretend you're a real soldier blowing Muslims to Hell!

Shazam!
11-11-2009, 01:34 AM
There is also a Hardened Edition. It's in a collector's case and it includes old CoD games from last gen for download. I don't see why anyone would want that after playing all the current ones.

claymore
11-11-2009, 07:44 AM
are you good.

I sucked at cod4. I never got 5 kill streaks. But i played it online everyonce in awhile.

Now that i dont have a wife to bytch me out for playing i think i might actually be able to get good.

You have a ps3 though dont you.
I dont know if Im good. I prestiged all the way in the other game and knew the maps pretty well. This one seems ot have a ton of huge maps. Its gonna take some practice to be real good. Great thing is everyone is equally lost right now! And I do have a PS3/

Come on. If you're going to pay 60 bucks to get the game, might as well shell out 90 more to role play and pretend you're a real soldier blowing Muslims to Hell!
You get to be a mooslim and kill innocent people to. Even though its a console its still PC. ;)

There is also a Hardened Edition. It's in a collector's case and it includes old CoD games from last gen for download. I don't see why anyone would want that after playing all the current ones.

No kidding. I have a hard time playing any game after playing the MW series... Nothing else compares.

Shazam!
11-11-2009, 10:24 AM
I have a hard time playing any game after playing the MW series... Nothing else compares.

I enjoyed all the current gen CoDs- CoD 2, 3, MW, Wow, and I'm sure I'll enjoy MW2. I like pretty much all FPSs.

Reidman
11-11-2009, 11:45 AM
Anybody besides Clay playing this...?

My B-day is in 6 days...if the wife doesn't produce I am going to buy this myself....so game on!!!

underrated29
11-11-2009, 11:55 AM
are you a ps3 or 360?

Reidman
11-11-2009, 12:44 PM
are you a ps3 or 360?

ps3....

Slick
11-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Got my copy today. I am downloading it to the hard drive because I know I'll play the hell out of it, and the console doesn't work as hard when games are installed on it. Happy gaming guys. I'm stoked.

underrated29
11-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Got my copy today. I am downloading it to the hard drive because I know I'll play the hell out of it, and the console doesn't work as hard when games are installed on it. Happy gaming guys. I'm stoked.

oh snap. how do you do that.

I have a few games that i cant find anymore that i wanted to play. If i could download them then i can play them when i want.

I think i have the 60g hard drive.

PS- i think i am going to get the game tonight after work.- hit me up with your game tag and we can dance the night away.

Shazam!
11-11-2009, 07:42 PM
oh snap. how do you do that.

When the game is running, press the guide button and go to the dashboard.

In the first window on the dash where it shows the game in the drive, press Y (yellow).

Select 'Install' and it should take 5-10 minutes. Press A (green) when done.

claymore
11-12-2009, 08:26 AM
Massive multiplayer issues yesterday..... Servers crashed.......

underrated29
11-12-2009, 12:51 PM
alright, i traded in a few old games and bought it.

I love it. Havent gone online yet to battle it out.

Yeah, the story is terribly hard to follow and half the time i dont know where i should be going, but its not bad. I am at the level where markarov and shepard are duking it out or whatever. I hope the game isnt almost over. otherwise it was way way short.

tonight i shall go into battle mode. I am on 360 if anyone cares to have a go.

claymore
11-12-2009, 12:54 PM
alright, i traded in a few old games and bought it.

I love it. Havent gone online yet to battle it out.

Yeah, the story is terribly hard to follow and half the time i dont know where i should be going, but its not bad. I am at the level where markarov and shepard are duking it out or whatever. I hope the game isnt almost over. otherwise it was way way short.

tonight i shall go into battle mode. I am on 360 if anyone cares to have a go.

Single player is really short, but you have the spec ops portion as well.

Single player cannot compare to the multi player portion of the game IMO.

Story was easy to follow imo, I only got lost when my son would exit out in the middle of the story!

Mike
11-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Are the servers back up yet?

claymore
11-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Are the servers back up yet?

I think its up, Infinity ward's Forum is up now.... It got so many hits yesterday it was crashing as well.

Mike
11-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Good. A guy who works for me is talking all kinds of smack to me and my boss today about how he is gonna own us in multi-player...I wanna see how good he really is.

claymore
11-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Good. A guy who works for me is talking all kinds of smack to me and my boss today about how he is gonna own us in multi-player...I wanna see how good he really is.

I guess it came up early this morning. Have you played online yet? Weapons are awesome, machine pistols are unreal maps are large and plentiful.

Mike
11-12-2009, 01:22 PM
I have and I suck. :) These games are a lot easier on the CPU. I hope to get better with practice and knowing the maps better.

I am addicted to it though. My wife isn't happy.

underrated29
11-12-2009, 01:23 PM
do you have to beat the game first to get all the maps?

and how do you know what level you are?

Cant wait to get home and play it some more. I want to build up the perks so i can get the double AK and stuff. That heart beat moniter gun is pretty badass too.

claymore
11-12-2009, 01:25 PM
I have and I suck. :) These games are a lot easier on the CPU. I hope to get better with practice and knowing the maps better.

I am addicted to it though. My wife isn't happy.

Learning the maps help. Thats why Im pissed I couldnt play all day yesterday. I wanted to get a step ahaead of all the losers who get to play all day. :(

claymore
11-12-2009, 01:26 PM
do you have to beat the game first to get all the maps?

and how do you know what level you are?

Cant wait to get home and play it some more. I want to build up the perks so i can get the double AK and stuff. That heart beat moniter gun is pretty badass too.

Nope you dont have to beat it...... Your level will be beside your name. The kill perks are awesome. If you get 25 kills in a row you get a tactical nuke. :shocked:

underrated29
11-12-2009, 01:49 PM
shit- i just want to get 25 kills, let alone in a row.

But i am pretty good at this game. The last one, i did not know you could auto lock on to targets...Where you aim the site near the person, and look down the scope and shoot, then move close to another person and aim again and it will lock on that target.

I was always trying to just look down the scope and move my crosshairs.

I hope you can do the auto lock thing in battle mode.

Reidman
11-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Anybody get the AC-130 kill streak reward? That looks cool as hell! Damn, I can't wait to get this...maybe I'll trade in games like U29 did. I don't plan on playing anything else anyway...:lol:

Slick
11-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Anybody get the AC-130 kill streak reward? That looks cool as hell! Damn, I can't wait to get this...maybe I'll trade in games like U29 did. I don't plan on playing anything else anyway...:lol:

I got it a few times when I called in a package after a 4 kill streak. It's badass. I made it to level 20 last night, but my kill to death ratio is atrocious. I had a blast playing. The game did not disappoint.

Reidman
11-13-2009, 08:06 PM
Well, I just picked this up at Best Buy and I didn't tell the wife so hopefully she didn't get it for my birthday. Can't wait, it's on tonight!

SBboundBRONCOS
11-18-2009, 08:32 AM
bout a 1.2 kill to death ratio here boys if anyone wants to hit me up on 360 GT is the same as my name here

holla at me lol

Reidman
11-18-2009, 10:26 AM
Wow, I really suck at this one...

I've only been able to manage a 4 kill streak...:tsk:

Not sure if it's because I'm still unfamiliar with the maps or what..

claymore
11-18-2009, 10:40 AM
Wow, I really suck at this one...

I've only been able to manage a 4 kill streak...:tsk:

Not sure if it's because I'm still unfamiliar with the maps or what..

I saw you on ther elast nigh Namdier.

You will get better..... Once you start learning the maps and the hiding spots.

It seems like players roam in 2. If you kill one, one is rright behind him ready to kill you.

So I just asume there is 2-3 at all times. Never relax once I shoot one.

Reidman
11-18-2009, 10:05 PM
I saw you on ther elast nigh Namdier.

You will get better..... Once you start learning the maps and the hiding spots.

It seems like players roam in 2. If you kill one, one is rright behind him ready to kill you.

So I just asume there is 2-3 at all times. Never relax once I shoot one.

Well, finally managed to get 27 kills in free for all. I like the Rust map, usually do pretty good on that one and the airport. Wonder if they will offer more maps like they did for the first MW..

Poet
11-19-2009, 01:45 AM
I can't get into these games. I eternally suck at FPS. It is impossible for me to be good at these games. That being said, this game looks so sweet I almost want to go buy it.

BroncoAV06
11-28-2009, 11:45 AM
I love this game. Finaly got online last Tuesday and have done nothing else but paly online! Kill streaks are jsut not my thing, play alot of domination and I go for those flags and get killed quite often. Normal game for me is like 10-10.

But none the less I am unlocking guns and perks which I think are awesome. I just unlocked cold-blooded and akimbo UMP's last night.

Also spent like 2 hours this morning starting the regular campaign, crazy stuff.

Reidman
11-28-2009, 03:50 PM
I love this game. Finaly got online last Tuesday and have done nothing else but paly online! Kill streaks are jsut not my thing, play alot of domination and I go for those flags and get killed quite often. Normal game for me is like 10-10.

But none the less I am unlocking guns and perks which I think are awesome. I just unlocked cold-blooded and akimbo UMP's last night.

Also spent like 2 hours this morning starting the regular campaign, crazy stuff.

I suck at kill streaks too man. Go for air drops, it's the only way I've gotten close to getting the normal kill streak rewards like chopper gunner and C-130...

lol at 10-10. Normal for me is 10-30, but I capture the hell out of those flags...I always hear guys saying things like "this dude only has 8 kills and 20 deaths"...but hey I make top 3 in scoring so what ever...

Foochacho
11-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Got a 20 killstreak last night. If I keep it up I might get my nuke. Best I have done so far is 37-9. Not sure what my killdeath ratio is because I share with my wife and six year old son who both have ratios of about 0.2 kind of ruins my over all total.

Foochacho
11-28-2009, 08:30 PM
My last post comes off as if I am awesome at this game but I am not. I usually go 15-8 or so 37-9 is not a common thing for me.

Poet
12-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Is this worth playing on the computer?

underrated29
12-02-2009, 12:08 PM
My last post comes off as if I am awesome at this game but I am not. I usually go 15-8 or so 37-9 is not a common thing for me.

It happenes though..

Last night i was playing and it was on the afgan level. The other team was so pathetic they all moved together in a little herd. I went somethign like 42-1. I had sentry guns, helicopters all over the place. It was retarded. I killed their entire team atleast 5 or different times.

But normally i am like a 12-8 kinda player.

BroncoAV06
12-02-2009, 06:40 PM
Who has been nuked? I have like 3 times, that is just insane.

Elevation inc
12-03-2009, 07:05 AM
It happenes though..

Last night i was playing and it was on the afgan level. The other team was so pathetic they all moved together in a little herd. I went somethign like 42-1. I had sentry guns, helicopters all over the place. It was retarded. I killed their entire team atleast 5 or different times.

But normally i am like a 12-8 kinda player.

yeah i had a 26-2 game last night, then proceeded to go 4-22 the very next game....f'in harriers...LOL

Elevation inc
12-03-2009, 07:06 AM
Who has been nuked? I have like 3 times, that is just insane.

i have been nuked 3 times as well....f'ers...lol

claymore
12-03-2009, 07:41 AM
I have a kill death ratio of 1.10. But am a big HQ, or domination guy until I prestige all the way and i am a win first dude, so dont mind dying capturing the flags.

My win pct is .82 I think, and my kill streak is 19 (my 8 year old did that cause we share as well).

For king87..... I think if I was a CPU player, I would do COD4 if you wanted to meet up with freinds. I would do MW2 if you just wanted awesome game play.... and killing complete strangers. Console, I would say MW2 no matter what.

Buff, I joined one of your matches the other day and the room closed. The online play of this vs COD4 is so much better.

underrated29
12-03-2009, 10:54 AM
If you guys have been nuked its because someone is boosting. I dont see anyway that someone can get nukes by not cheating.

I freaking hate those cheating boosters.

claymore
12-03-2009, 11:24 AM
If you guys have been nuked its because someone is boosting. I dont see anyway that someone can get nukes by not cheating.

I freaking hate those cheating boosters.

Ive seen the boosting. It pisses me off, but nothing I can do about it.

Ive seen it earned as well. But in order to do it you have to do well with the cargo drop, pave low, chopper gunner and ac-130.

It has to be a perfect storm.... Which I havent achieved. :D

Reidman
12-03-2009, 04:38 PM
I got nuked and the highest kill total of anybody was 20...yeah right!

claymore
12-03-2009, 04:42 PM
I got nuked and the highest kill total of anybody was 20...yeah right!

I bet he sent the nuke, and exited out so he wasnt reported.

BroncoAV06
12-03-2009, 04:46 PM
Ive seen the boosting. It pisses me off, but nothing I can do about it.

Ive seen it earned as well. But in order to do it you have to do well with the cargo drop, pave low, chopper gunner and ac-130.

It has to be a perfect storm.... Which I havent achieved. :D

Kills from choppers, air strikes, etc don't count towards kill streaks.

Closet my friend got was 23 in a row but he did not have nuke selected because who the hell thinks they can get 25 kills in a row?

claymore
12-03-2009, 04:49 PM

Closet my friend got was 23 in a row but he did not have nuke selected because who the hell thinks they can get 25 kills in a row?

Seriously? I knew something was wrong!!!!! if thats the case 25 kills is pretty hard to get.

claymore
12-03-2009, 04:52 PM

I just read that it doesnt count if its from a cargo plane.....

Foochacho
12-03-2009, 08:35 PM
I got 26 kills in a row the other day but didn't have nuke selected. So now I always have it ready just in case. I thought I was going to get it yesterday but got stopped short at 21 kills. Damn guy that killed me had painkiller on and wouldn't die no matter how many times I shot him.

Reidman
12-04-2009, 12:44 AM

They count if you have those kill streaks enabled but not if you pick up one of those from an air drop...

Thing that gets me is the guys who camp out especially during domination. The whole point is capturing flags and I can understand defending them but how many guys does it take? I'm running all over the map trying to get flags and 3 guys are camping out at one of them...:tsk:

I always end up on the losing team and my win/loss ratio is suffering for it...

claymore
12-04-2009, 07:08 AM
They count if you have those kill streaks enabled but not if you pick up one of those from an air drop...

Thing that gets me is the guys who camp out especially during domination. The whole point is capturing flags and I can understand defending them but how many guys does it take? I'm running all over the map trying to get flags and 3 guys are camping out at one of them...:tsk:

I always end up on the losing team and my win/loss ratio is suffering for it...

Happened to me llast night. Campers piss me off more on Mw2 more than they did on COD4.

Certain maps are worse than others. "B" on that brazilian ghetto map is a blood bath.

Poet
12-04-2009, 12:51 PM
Do you have an issue with camping if it's actually and truly being used for a tactical advantage?

claymore
12-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Do you have an issue with camping if it's actually and truly being used for a tactical advantage?

Basically someone has a problem with anykind of strategy out there. You should have heard the complaints over the mrtyrdrom perks on COD4.

People just dont want to get killed, if they get killed they want to prove it was cause someone cheated, and it had nothing to do with their talent level.

BroncoAV06
12-04-2009, 03:42 PM
The mrtyrdrom was a huge help for me in terms of kills as I was getting used to the game! It is what you get with online play, complaints. I know I do better when I am always moving.

claymore
12-04-2009, 03:45 PM
The mrtyrdrom was a huge help for me in terms of kills as I was getting used to the game! It is what you get with online play, complaints. I know I do better when I am always moving.

If I camp..... It never fails, as soon as I go to get up, som ass head walks in and blasts me. :mad:

Reidman
12-05-2009, 04:42 AM
Finally figured out the best setup (for me anyway)...

Perk 1 - marathon
Perk 2 - Light weight
Perk 3 - Jam radar

also adjusted sensitivity to ultra high which helps a lot..

I just run all over the frickin map and they never see me coming.
I'm avg top 3 as far as points after using this configuration..I think speed is key...got my highest point total to date, 3200

BroncoAV06
12-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Bling Pro
Hardline
Ninja Pro

I have been rolling with these. I am working my way towards extended mags on the SCAR, need like 12 more kills with FMJ! After that 100 more kills and I will have completed everything for the SCAR.

Just unlocked sit rep, will try that with my light machine gun class, identifies claymores and respwan points.

Poet
12-05-2009, 02:45 PM
You guys play on ps3 or 360?

BroncoAV06
12-05-2009, 04:56 PM
360 for me.

claymore
12-06-2009, 11:34 AM
You guys play on ps3 or 360?

PS3 For me.

Bozo Jr.
12-07-2009, 10:31 PM
MW2 is a decent game. Feels a bit too similar to COD4. So in that regard it was a kinda a letdown to me. The new perks are interesting and the kill streak options are cool, but I feel like i'm playing an expansion, or just a new map pack for COD4.

Ravage!!!
12-07-2009, 10:52 PM
I love this game. The only thing I don't get about MW2, is why they don't have the "peek" option like you see in Rainbow 6 and Ghost Recon? I get pissy when I have to walk all the way out to shoot around corners now considering it should be a "common" to have a realistic "peek"

BroncoAV06
12-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Javlin clitch is so stupid. Started using my acog scope more and it has helped, I always miss on kills because with the kck back i end up shooting just a little over them and they kill me. Have to start with a low aim.

Overtime
12-11-2009, 01:52 AM
well I'm behind the times, becaues i just bought COD 4: Modern Warfare (the 1st MW version) from a friend, and spent all day immersed in beating in it. It was incredible and addictive. I'll probably pick up COD MW2 after Christmas.

I'm renting it tomorrow to play this weekend though so i can see if I will like it or not, but if it's anything like the first one, I'm sure I will.

Overtime
12-17-2009, 01:03 PM
got lucky! i made over $250 from selling back my textbooks this semester, so i went out and got COD:MW2!!! This game is freakin' awesome as hell!!!

SBboundBRONCOS
12-29-2009, 08:36 PM
If I camp..... It never fails, as soon as I go to get up, som ass head walks in and blasts me. :mad:

dude same i have the worst timing ever

half the time i watch the kill cams the person is just camping there starring in one direction and as soon as i move they miraculously turn around for no good reason and see me

love my knifing class though p90+holographic m9+ tactical knife, marathon, lightweight,commando

BroncoAV06
12-29-2009, 11:39 PM
I love knifing fools. Finaly to the point were I am at least even or positive most of the time. Had a 30-6 game in free for all. Got Harriers and Pavelow from my kill streaks, then had an attack helicopter that I never got to use since I ended the match. Best I have ever done. Highest other person was 11.

ikillz0mbies
12-30-2009, 12:29 AM
does anyone have this game on ps3? i just started playing mw2 online (mainly TDM games) and i would like to add anyone who wants to play.

NightTrainLayne
12-30-2009, 11:26 AM
I went by Best Buy Sunday afternoon to see if they had any good games on sale, and lo and behold, MW2 was on sale for $30, so I had to get it.

Didn't get a chance to play it until last night for an hour or so on the campaign side.

I hope to play some online, my PS3 gamertag is: Nightrainlayne

I goofed when I signed up for the account, please note that it is missing a t when compared to my username here. BDB likes to call me "Night Rain".

Hopefully I can get better at the online game. I got bored with COD4 before because it seemed that all that happened was that I got killed a bunch. .. .not much fun.

claymore
12-30-2009, 11:31 AM
I went by Best Buy Sunday afternoon to see if they had any good games on sale, and lo and behold, MW2 was on sale for $30, so I had to get it.

Didn't get a chance to play it until last night for an hour or so on the campaign side.

I goofed when I signed up for the account, please note that it is missing a t when compared to my username here. BDB likes to call me "Night Rain".

Hopefully I can get better at the online game. I got bored with COD4 before because it seemed that all that happened was that I got killed a bunch. .. .not much fun.

NTL if you wanna pair up sometime let me know. Its hard online, Im not gonna lie, but you just have to get used to the maps.

claymore
12-30-2009, 11:34 AM
does anyone have this game on ps3? i just started playing mw2 online (mainly TDM games) and i would like to add anyone who wants to play.

claymore75 is my userid. Let me know thruy PM if you add me as a freind. And I will go check and add you.

Need to get my bluetooth mic'd up. Havent played with freinds in awhile, the online functionality is so much better than COD4

Mike
12-30-2009, 01:08 PM

Online stunk for the first week or so. I was awful. But as Clay said, you get better as you get used to the maps. I am still bad, but no longer awful...but I still have fun playing. I stopped playing free-for-all and TDM though and started playing Domination games. I enjoy having a goal as opposed to just killing anything that moves.

I will say this...I hate the shotgun spammers. Those guys piss me off something fierce and have made the game less fun.

claymore
12-30-2009, 01:46 PM
Online stunk for the first week or so. I was awful. But as Clay said, you get better as you get used to the maps. I am still bad, but no longer awful...but I still have fun playing. I stopped playing free-for-all and TDM though and started playing Domination games. I enjoy having a goal as opposed to just killing anything that moves.

I will say this...I hate the shotgun spammers. Those guys piss me off something fierce and have made the game less fun.

Shotgun Spammers? What is that?

I like to play Domination and HQ'rs... But I like HC TDM the best because no teams are allowed.

I play Domination and HQ'rs because they are worth more points and its easier to prestige.

ikillz0mbies
12-30-2009, 02:18 PM

I like to play Domination and HQ'rs... But I like HC TDM the best because no teams are allowed.

I play Domination and HQ'rs because they are worth more points and its easier to prestige.

people who just use shotgun all the freakin time. shotgun is pretty much a one shot kill. oh and ill pm you my psn id.

ikillz0mbies
12-30-2009, 02:21 PM
i still struggle online. im totally not used to the maps. so far the only ones that im familiar with is high rise, derail, estate, afghan, and i think its called wasteland. but yeah, not knowing the map, you can wander around aimlessly and get stabbed out of no where.....first hand experience at that.

Mike
12-30-2009, 02:48 PM

They run around with the dual shotguns that have insane range...pretty much 1 shot 1 kill with the range of a regular machine gun. Very frustrating. There don't seem to be as many as there used to be though.

claymore
12-30-2009, 02:55 PM
They run around with the dual shotguns that have insane range...pretty much 1 shot 1 kill with the range of a regular machine gun. Very frustrating. There don't seem to be as many as there used to be though.

I can be one of those guys sometimes. :D Certain maps or scenarios dictate that though.

I love an assualt rifle, or even an RPD with an silencer and red dot, but sometimes if Im playing against an experienced team in a more urban environment I have to go with a shotgun or even UMP45 or whatever its called.

The best one shot kill weapon IMO is the M93 RAFFICA.... So devestating. I dont even use a red dot for it. Its kinda hard to get used to, but I love it on Highrise. I use it mostly when Highrise becomes a sniper love fest...and I sneak to the enemy spawn point thru the basement.

Foochacho
12-30-2009, 06:17 PM
Got 2 nukes in a row the other night using the Scar H. I used to do the double shotty thing but quit doing that. You definitely don't see that many people using them anymore. Now I only use the Scar h with a silencer and a stinger for my secondary. I use scavenger so I don't run out of ammo. I always play team deathmatch.

BroncoAV06
12-30-2009, 09:31 PM
I feel like a loner on 360 here. Never in my life do I think I could get a nuke. I run around way to much, I feel weird when I am sitting still. Longest streak is 13! Scar is a good gun, got my frist mastery with that one.

Play mostly free for all when my friends are not online.

Akimbo 1887 are a pain in the ass.

claymore
12-31-2009, 09:22 AM
I feel like a loner on 360 here. Never in my life do I think I could get a nuke. I run around way to much, I feel weird when I am sitting still. Longest streak is 13! Scar is a good gun, got my frist mastery with that one.

I dont like Akimbo at all. I need to focus when shooting, and the muscle memory makes me shoot on accident every time.

NightTrainLayne
12-31-2009, 10:29 AM
NTL if you wanna pair up sometime let me know. Its hard online, Im not gonna lie, but you just have to get used to the maps.

I will. I'll probably get on some this weekend. My problem is I have to play usually after my daughter's gone to bed.

Reidman
01-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Well, I finally was involved in some honest-to-god cheating in this game. Luckily I as on the winning end but it still sucks that people stoop this low.. One guy that was on my team for quite a few games oddly was getting the nuke EVERY single game...hmmm...

Guess what..? His kill ratio matched that of a losing team member's death ratio...and they both had the same clan tag...which helped make it obvious, the dumb asses.. So while the guy getting the nukes had 38+ plus kills, a guy on the losing team had 38+ deaths and only 1 or 2 kills...my guess is the one guy kept using tactical insertion in a hidden spot while the other guy killed him immediately upon respawning...

One of the reasons I hate that tactical insertion...

claymore
01-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Well, I finally was involved in some honest-to-god cheating in this game. Luckily I as on the winning end but it still sucks that people stoop this low.. One guy that was on my team for quite a few games oddly was getting the nuke EVERY single game...hmmm...

Guess what..? His kill ratio matched that of a losing team member's death ratio...and they both had the same clan tag...which helped make it obvious, the dumb asses.. So while the guy getting the nukes had 38+ plus kills, a guy on the losing team had 38+ deaths and only 1 or 2 kills...my guess is the one guy kept using tactical insertion in a hidden spot while the other guy killed him immediately upon respawning...

If I hear the nuke and im on the losing side, I quit the game immidiatley so I dont give the SOB the satisfaction. :werd:

Buff
01-01-2010, 03:11 PM

That happened to me playing free for all, but I haven't seen it in TDM.

SBboundBRONCOS
01-02-2010, 10:13 PM

i got a 360 man GT is the same as my name on here, hit me up

claymore
01-04-2010, 07:13 PM
I was accused of Cheating today. :love: What a compliment. 39 kills 5 deaths. I could have done better but in domination I actually try to get the flags.

I hate losing.

Buff
01-04-2010, 08:14 PM
I was accused of Cheating today. :love: What a compliment. 39 kills 5 deaths. I could have done better but in domination I actually try to get the flags.

I hate losing.

I am just really inconsistent. I might go 25-10 one match and then go 10-25 the next... I think part of that is that I kind of suck with long range weapons--I can't snipe and I'm kind of slow with my M16.

How do you keep your kill/death ratio up?

What weapons do you use most often?

Buff
01-06-2010, 04:14 PM
I always thought I hated the M4 and the ACR because their damage is so low, but I started using the ACR on bigger maps and it's helped me a ton... I figured damage was more important than accuracy on larger maps, but it's pretty much the opposite.

claymore
01-06-2010, 04:25 PM
I am just really inconsistent. I might go 25-10 one match and then go 10-25 the next... I think part of that is that I kind of suck with long range weapons--I can't snipe and I'm kind of slow with my M16.

I almost exclusivley use... An M-4 or SCARH with a red dot sight, and the M1014 Shotgun. I used to use bling with silencer, but it hurt accuraccy way to much IMO.

I almost always watch the kill cam to see who and where I was killed from to see if I can gain a tactical advantage, or learn something new.

Chopper Gunners, as soon as Im killed by one of those SOB's I refuse to span until the game forces me in. I hate those damn things.

I am kind of a willy nilly guy, I dont camp, I run around. If I shoot, I move and get the hell out of there. If I kill more than a couple people if I camp, I get the hell out of there.

I suck ass at snipers, because Im impatient. I cant settle for a 10 kill game. Its boring. But every once in a while Asniper has my number and I have to hunt him down.

We need to play a game together or get a clan going or something. Im on almost every night.

claymore
01-06-2010, 04:29 PM
I always thought I hated the M4 and the ACR because their damage is so low, but I started using the ACR on bigger maps and it's helped me a ton... I figured damage was more important than accuracy on larger maps, but it's pretty much the opposite.

ACR is awesome. My son loves it.

M-4
ScarH
ACR
RPD

All my favorites.

I use an RPD with red dot and silecer (bling) and a towe missle for my anti aircraft package or just when games need intense firepower.

BTW if you arent in love with Scavenger perk..... You are missing out. I would always die cause I ran out of ammo, not now, unlimited grenades flashbangs and ammo. LOVE IT. Bling is a waste for your everyday class.

claymore
01-06-2010, 04:30 PM

Also be careful with your team before a match, If my team looks inexpereienced, and the other team is all in the same clan or talking to each other like buddies, I back out.

Buff
01-06-2010, 04:40 PM
I almost exclusivley use... An M-4 or SCARH with a red dot sight, and the M1014 Shotgun. I used to use bling with silencer, but it hurt accuraccy way to much IMO.

I almost always watch the kill cam to see who and where I was killed from to see if I can gain a tactical advantage, or learn something new.

Chopper Gunners, as soon as Im killed by one of those SOB's I refuse to span until the game forces me in. I hate those damn things.

I am kind of a willy nilly guy, I dont camp, I run around. If I shoot, I move and get the hell out of there. If I kill more than a couple people if I camp, I get the hell out of there.

I suck ass at snipers, because Im impatient. I cant settle for a 10 kill game. Its boring. But every once in a while Asniper has my number and I have to hunt him down.

We need to play a game together or get a clan going or something. Im on almost every night.

Yeah, we really should... I play almost every night and I hate getting stuck with a crap team of noobs. I'm friends with an IT nerd at work and am always talking strategy with him--He's super into gaming, but he has an X-Box. He plays with the same clan and they get a couple nukes per night he was saying. But they're kind of uber gamer nerds.

I have a capture the flag/sabotage perk that I use marathon, lightweight and ninja with my UMP & laser dot...

But usually I either use the M16 with heartbeat/silencer or M16 with laser/noobtube. Then stopping power and ninja. But I've changed all my M16 classes to ACR classes recently.

I also recently discovered that playing with my Bose headphones on makes the game like 10x better. I suppose it would be the same if you had surround sound at your house-but I don't. The only thing is I can't wear my mic and my headphones.

Buff
01-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Also be careful with your team before a match, If my team looks inexpereienced, and the other team is all in the same clan or talking to each other like buddies, I back out.

Yeah, I play a lot of mercenary TDM because I hate going against clans while I'm stuck with noobs.

But I usually play Mosh Pit to cycle through all the games.

claymore
01-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Yeah, we really should... I play almost every night and I hate getting stuck with a crap team of noobs. I'm friends with an IT nerd at work and am always talking strategy with him--He's super into gaming, but he has an X-Box. He plays with the same clan and they get a couple nukes per night he was saying. But they're kind of uber gamer nerds.

I have a capture the flag/sabotage perk that I use marathon, lightweight and ninja with my UMP & laser dot...

But usually I either use the M16 with heartbeat/silencer or M16 with laser/noobtube. Then stopping power and ninja. But I've changed all my M16 classes to ACR classes recently.

I also recently discovered that playing with my Bose headphones on makes the game like 10x better. I suppose it would be the same if you had surround sound at your house-but I don't. The only thing is I can't wear my mic and my headphones.
I like wearing headphones too. The advantage to playing together would be the communication. Next time I see you on there I will throw out an invite. I really only play HQ or domination till I prestige all the way they seem to be worht the mst points. Or Im just used to the spawn points andwhere the "flags" will be.

Do you like the raffica? That is one hell of a secondary weapon as well.

Yeah, I play a lot of mercenary TDM because I hate going against clans while I'm stuck with noobs.

But I usually play Mosh Pit to cycle through all the games.

Love Merc team deathmatch....

Buff
01-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Which one is the raffica? The only secondary weapons I normally use are the 1st machine pistol and the Stinger. I had my Ranger akimbo before I prestiged and it's fun to blow people away coming around corners, but more often than not I'd just get killed because I ran out of ammo or was too far away.

Mike
01-06-2010, 05:33 PM
I have been diggin on the M16 lately. Blinged with FMJ and Holo, stopping power, commando. Been doing pretty good with it. I have also been using C4...always good for kills in Domination games.

I will have to try scavenger...I always get killed when I run out of ammo. I don't spawn until I have to when the other team has the gunship.

claymore
01-06-2010, 07:29 PM
I have been diggin on the M16 lately. Blinged with FMJ and Holo, stopping power, commando. Been doing pretty good with it. I have also been using C4...always good for kills in Domination games.

I will have to try scavenger...I always get killed when I run out of ammo. I don't spawn until I have to when the other team has the gunship.

Bling is cool, but the only thing I use it for is the red dot sight/silencer combo.

Scavenger renewed my hopes of world domination. :D

claymore
01-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Which one is the raffica? The only secondary weapons I normally use are the 1st machine pistol and the Stinger. I had my Ranger akimbo before I prestiged and it's fun to blow people away coming around corners, but more often than not I'd just get killed because I ran out of ammo or was too far away.

Raffica is a 3 round burst machine pistol. If you hit the guy he dies right then and there. Its like a bad ass M-16 at close to very medium range.

I like it without the red dot. Same power as a shotgun, but shoots much further.

Reidman
01-07-2010, 04:42 PM

You mean if your playing against a group of six guys with the clan [GODS] that is bad..? :lol:

Yep, figured this out after getting my ass whipped a couple times..

On a side note, has anyone been killed by a mysterious invisible force?? I shit you not I was killed a few times in one game and there was nobody around, no gunships and no killcam even though I waited for it to see who got me..weird..

Also, the new MAG beta is out for anyone liking MW2, try it out (on PS3). I'm so used to the CoD series though, that MAG takes some getting used to but it looks like it will be a killer game when it comes out..

claymore
01-07-2010, 04:52 PM
You mean if your playing against a group of six guys with the clan [GODS] that is bad..? :lol:

On a side note, has anyone been killed by a mysterious invisible force?? I shit you not I was killed a few times in one game and there was nobody around, no gunships and no killcam even though I waited for it to see who got me..weird..

Also, the new MAG beta is out for anyone liking MW2, try it out (on PS3). I'm so used to the CoD series though, that MAG takes some getting used to but it looks like it will be a killer game when it comes out..

LMFAO! No kidding huh.

Mysterious force? Do you like flip in the air or anything, or just crumple down and die?

Mike
01-07-2010, 06:15 PM
It's not C4 or claymores is it?

Buff
01-07-2010, 06:28 PM

If you look on the outer boundaries on Afghan (that's the only place it's happened to me as far as I know) they have those signs indicating that it's a nuclear or toxic zone... So if you run out of the boundaries you just die all of the sudden.

That's the only thing I can think of.

Reidman
01-07-2010, 07:19 PM
I know about the boundaries and I was well within them. This happened in Favela and hasn't happened since. My guy just made the death croke sound and then went to the ground. The weirdest part like I said was no killcam so I had no way of telling who or what killed me.

Also, what does it mean when you "infect" another player..? Maybe that is what happened to me...IDK.

Buff
01-07-2010, 08:29 PM
I know about the boundaries and I was well within them. This happened in Favela and hasn't happened since. My guy just made the death croke sound and then went to the ground. The weirdest part like I said was no killcam so I had no way of telling who or what killed me.

Also, what does it mean when you "infect" another player..? Maybe that is what happened to me...IDK.

Hmm, I don't know then. Were you stoned at the time? ;)

Infected just means that you knifed someone with the "Infected" title on... I'm pretty sure the only way to get that title is to get knifed by someone with it.

Most of you have probably seen this page, but I'm always going there to see how I got different titles and emblems:

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Callsigns

Foochacho
01-08-2010, 12:14 AM
The mysterious force may of been a car or container exploding. Once they catch fire they will explode a few seconds later. I have been killed like that a few times just randomly running by them.

BroncoAV06
01-09-2010, 05:06 PM
I am about to prestige. Going to try and focus on more challenges and such as I start back at level 1.

Arkansas Bronco
01-12-2010, 07:20 PM
I miss COD. Is #2 that much better?

claymore
01-13-2010, 02:58 PM
I am about to prestige. Going to try and focus on more challenges and such as I start back at level 1.
It sucks but you have too. The good thing is that the weapon challenges continue to grow. It doesnt stop at 300 kills or whatever COD4 was.

I miss COD. Is #2 that much better?

I like it better. More maps, network is waaaaaaaaay more reliable. COD4 is a classic, but so is this.

Shazam!
01-15-2010, 01:42 PM
Modern Warfare 2 Takes Top Console Software Sales Honors
As if there was any doubt.
by Jim Reilly
IGN
November, Activision's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has been crowned the best selling console title for 2009 on Xbox 360 in the U.S., according to NPD's latest news release.

The research company did not provide overall unit sales numbers, however, just the title rank. Nintendo Wii accounts for six of the top 10 titles, with PlayStation 3 and Nintendo DS only having one title each. It's interesting to note that Wii Play, which was released in 2007, is still among the best selling titles two years later.

Below is the top 10 selling console titles of 2009, with the title's platform and release month:

1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2* - Xbox 360 - November 09
2. Wii Sports Resort w/ Wii Motion Plus* - Wii - July 09
3. New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Wii - November 09
4. Wii Fit w/ Balance Board* - Wii - May 08
5. WiiFit Plus* - Wii - October 09
6. Mario Kart w/ Wheel Wi - April 08
7. Wii Play w/ Remote* - Wii - February 07
8. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2* - PlayStation 3 - November 09
9. Halo 3: ODST - Xbox 360 - September 09
10. Pokemon Platinum Version - DS - March 09

(*includes CE, GOTY editions, bundles, etc. but not those bundled with hardware)

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1061367p1.html

No surprise.

claymore
01-29-2010, 02:43 PM
There is a new cheat, /glitch... Unlimited Emergencey Airdrops or care packages. I hope they patch this soon. Man I hate cheaters.

Zweems56
01-29-2010, 03:25 PM
I bought this for 360 (as I was boycotting it for the PC due to the lack of dedicated servers). I couldn't play a fps without a mouse. It was torture. I returned it and got the PC version. Which.... I do not recommend. Totally missing the spirit of CoD4. I absolutely cannot stand playing a max of 18 people per map.

claymore
01-29-2010, 03:30 PM
I bought this for 360 (as I was boycotting it for the PC due to the lack of dedicated servers). I couldn't play a fps without a mouse. It was torture. I returned it and got the PC version. Which.... I do not recommend. Totally missing the spirit of CoD4. I absolutely cannot stand playing a max of 18 people per map.

Zweem's they sell mouses for the PS3/XBOX. They are supposed to work pretty well.

MasterShake
01-29-2010, 06:36 PM
Zweem's they sell mouses for the PS3/XBOX. They are supposed to work pretty well.

http://www.xoxide.com/xbox360-xfps-sniper-kbmouse-interface.html

Reidman
01-29-2010, 08:19 PM
There is a new cheat, /glitch... Unlimited Emergencey Airdrops or care packages. I hope they patch this soon. Man I hate cheaters.

Great...that explains it. I played against a team that had a total of about 8 emergency airdrops. There were harriers and helicopters for most of the game. Finally said **** it and left the game...

Tned-Mobile
01-29-2010, 11:50 PM
http://www.xoxide.com/xbox360-xfps-sniper-kbmouse-interface.html

Ok, I might have to get this. I pretty much abandoned PC FPS games because of all the cheats/trainers that completely ruined online gaming. However, while I have gotten used to using a controller, I still miss the days of mouse and keyboard, which I think is much faster and more accurate.

By the way, I few weekends ago I got MW2 and ran through it on the 2nd of the 4 difficulty levels (can't remember what it's called). It's a bit short, as has been a criticism in the reviews, but was still a fun game.

One of these days I am going to check it out online.

Shazam!
01-30-2010, 01:53 AM
However, while I have gotten used to using a controller, I still miss the days of mouse and keyboard, which I think is much faster and more accurate.

It's so funny. I can't imagine playing a FPS with mouse/keyboard. It also makes it too easy IMO.

I got MW2 and ran through it on the 2nd of the 4 difficulty levels (can't remember what it's called).

Normal? lol I think it's Veteran. Could be wrong.

It's a bit short, as has been a criticism in the reviews, but was still a fun game.

This is why I still find Halo to be the king of the crop of console shooters. Long engrossing campaign, better lead characters and great multiplayer, the whole package. Still love CoD.

Broncolingus
01-30-2010, 02:03 AM
BYU Says Video Games Are Very, Very, Very Bad For You

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20090124/1312413519.shtml

http://www.spscriptorium.com/Treats/HansBlix.jpg

Shazam!
01-30-2010, 02:16 AM
BYU Says Video Games Are Very, Very, Very Bad For You
from the very,-very,-very dept

Just as some new research has come out suggesting that there's no causal link between video games and real world violence, wouldn't you know that some researchers at Brigham Young University would put out a report claiming that video games are bad for you in many, many different ways. Game Politics notes that it's no coincidence this report is coming out just as the state of Utah is looking to introduce new legislation regulating video games (just like regulations that have wasted tax payer money and been thrown out in state after state after state).

This study didn't focus on violence, necessarily, but looked at a variety of different factors between gamers and non-gamers and found out that video gamers came out worse on every single factor. So, according to the study, gamers have worse relationships with friends and family, lower self-esteem, and... they're more likely to smoke pot. At least the study's author preached a bit of moderation in response:

Everything we found associated with video games came out negative... [But] I don't want parents to go out and yank all video games. It's like TV. We have to choose what's good and bad and practice moderation.
Could have been worse... but the results still seem pretty questionable.

lol bs

BroncoAV06
01-30-2010, 03:11 PM
I have pulled back some from COD, alot of NBA Live 10. But I am pretty good now, tactical knife on my .44 with UMP and FMJ, Marathon pro, lightweight pro, and comando pro, can't touch this.

claymore
02-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Got my first nuke. Kill streak of 30, 34, and 27 playing groundwar. It was nice to be on the other end of things for once!

claymore
02-09-2010, 04:33 PM
Awesome video of a dude that hunts boosters (cheaters) down.
_NITwwUHwy4

_iuB3tqMrpA

Buff
02-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Got my first nuke. Kill streak of 30, 34, and 27 playing groundwar. It was nice to be on the other end of things for once!

The other week I got my killstreak up to 24, but it was a complete fluke, one-time occurence. Aside from that I think my best streak is 12 or 13.

How do you get your streaks up? Do you camp or do you keep moving? What do you think the ideal killstreak setup is? I assume you probably have Scavenger on...

claymore
02-09-2010, 05:56 PM
The other week I got my killstreak up to 24, but it was a complete fluke, one-time occurence. Aside from that I think my best streak is 12 or 13.

How do you get your streaks up? Do you camp or do you keep moving? What do you think the ideal killstreak setup is? I assume you probably have Scavenger on...

I fell in love with Scavenger. I also like the Sleight of hand. Sleight of hand also has faster ADS (Aim Down Sight) with SOH pro I think.

But the kill streak I used for the nuke was Harrier, Chopper Gunner, Nuke.

Basically kill 7, wait and hide till it gets you to 11 for the CG, and pray you get 14 kills with that.

I was watching this today... The kid brought up a great but obvious point. Drop the harrier strike in between 2 points. The bad guys and B. Sounds simple, but I always wait for a UAV and try and guess where the best place is or just drop it right in the middle of the map.

Ynf7bKsaoc8

Ynf7bKsaoc8

Foochacho
03-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Sandy Ravage would of been proud of me yesterday. I found some boosters and ruined their party. I then followed them map to map for the next 2 and a half hours destroying their chances at getting any nukes.

They kept sending my messages calling me a fag and asking me to please stop, it was funny. I could do that all day I love pissing cheaters off.

claymore
03-10-2010, 08:05 AM
This has become the defacto MW2 thread I think.... Here is a site that posted the map overviews. http://weplaycod.5forum.net/general-discussion-f6/map-overviews-t665.htm

Zweems56
03-10-2010, 10:01 AM
Dudes should be playing Bad Company 2 on the PC. Shit is awesome.

claymore
03-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Dudes should be playing Bad Company 2 on the PC. Shit is awesome.
I dont like the original BC... is it similar?

BroncoAV06
03-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Not a PC gamer. New map packs come out the 30th!

Zweems56
03-10-2010, 11:30 PM
I dont like the original BC... is it similar?

Not really. More like battlefield 2, but actually awesome. You have no idea how rewarding it is to be in the second floor of a house, look across the street, see an enemy in the second floor of another house, shoot at him and miss. So, you throw a grenade in teh window, but he's plastered against the wall, so it doesn't hit him. Switch to m203, and blow the friggin wall right out from under him. The wall disappears in a cloud of dust. That dust consists of 90% human.

Buff
03-31-2010, 01:22 PM
I'd like to know why the 1st MW2 Map Pack (released yesterday) was exclusive to XBox live. Supposedly they don't come out on PC or PS3 for at least 30 days, but I'm not sure if that's official or not.

Kind of pisses me off actually.

claymore
03-31-2010, 01:32 PM
I'd like to know why the 1st MW2 Map Pack (released yesterday) was exclusive to XBox live. Supposedly they don't come out on PC or PS3 for at least 30 days, but I'm not sure if that's official or not.

Kind of pisses me off actually.

I think Microsoft pays extra for first realease stuff. That way they can justify the $60 a year xbox live fee.

Xbox users are having issues with online mode now. So I am almost nervous about the release.

Hopefully they get the bugs out prior to the PS3 release but I doubt it.

Slick
03-31-2010, 04:54 PM
Not really. More like battlefield 2, but actually awesome. You have no idea how rewarding it is to be in the second floor of a house, look across the street, see an enemy in the second floor of another house, shoot at him and miss. So, you throw a grenade in teh window, but he's plastered against the wall, so it doesn't hit him. Switch to m203, and blow the friggin wall right out from under him. The wall disappears in a cloud of dust. That dust consists of 90% human.

It is fun when that works however when I play that game I get so frustrated...when I walk up behind someone, put half a clip from a heavy machine gun in their back only to have them turn around and no scope me with a sniper rifle.

I'll try to download the new maps tonight or tomorrow and give a review to you poor ******** playing on that overpriced bluray player.

:bandit:

Slick
03-31-2010, 05:01 PM
Oh and 3rd person is the new hotness. Clay, Buff, can you play 3rd person on PS3?

Buff
03-31-2010, 07:12 PM
Oh and 3rd person is the new hotness. Clay, Buff, can you play 3rd person on PS3?

Not a huge fan. That was probably my biggest complaint about MW2 - they got rid of team tactical (3 vs. 3) unless you play 3rd person.

I'm excited that they're bringing Crash back. That was probably my favorite map from COD4.

claymore
03-31-2010, 07:31 PM

I play it every once in awhile. Mostly to complete Acog chalenges. Its fun. But I gotta be in the mood.

Elevation inc
07-30-2010, 02:18 AM
best class for me right now....

RPD with grip
Stinger

C-4/Smoke

Scavenger
Hardline
Ninja

Slick
07-30-2010, 07:23 AM
best class for me right now....

RPD with grip
Stinger

C-4/Smoke

Scavenger
Hardline
Ninja

Mini Uzi
G--18's akimbo (call that giving them the hand cream)

frag/flash
marathon
lightweight
ninja

or

tar/noob tube
ats rocket

frag/flash

scavenger
stopping power
scrambler

can I just say anyone who uses a heartbeat sensor is a homo.

Elevation inc
08-04-2010, 03:15 AM
Mini Uzi
G--18's akimbo (call that giving them the hand cream)

frag/flash
marathon
lightweight
ninja

or

tar/noob tube
ats rocket

frag/flash

scavenger
stopping power
scrambler

can I just say anyone who uses a heartbeat sensor is a homo.

yeah i hate that i decided to put it on my RPD becasue i was tired of getting killed by losers with that crap....after 2 matches i just couldnt do it anymore....so wack.....

thing that really gets to me know is how much no one does the objectives in objective style games....i quite like demolition, domination and headquarters but its now at a point where i usually find myself one of the few to work the objective while otehrs sit back and camp with sniper rifles...the end result is me getting 2500 plus points, but losing the match and getting a horrible KD becasue i have no teammate help.....

Im seriously looking forward to medal of honor, because that game is supposedly very team oriented during during objective MP.....so much so that you hurt yourself if you go to far from your team during the game....

Slick
08-04-2010, 07:11 AM
I feel the same way. If you're not going to play the gametype, just go play deathmatch. It's hard when you're the only one trying to take a base, capture a flag or cap the headquarters. Those guys are homos.

I do like the new hardcore mosh gametypes. Been having fun with that.

Elevation inc
08-05-2010, 05:13 AM
i had the best game of my life last night on Afghan......47-2, sadly only kill streaks i had unlocked were harrier/Emergency Airdrop/Pave low/.....i have been getting rocked lately so i was keeping it low.....the funny thing is it happened midway through a domination game....score was like 70-30 for there team when i spawned in by B(my team was there trying to take B which is why i spawned there but they got setroyed by a rocket....so i sat bided by time, while there team all went to check B out and struck just right.....i went on a 10-0 spree with my knife and P90 at the B flag Area before getting killed(have no idea how i survied that, being in the middle of there spawn area).....but at that point i had all killstreaks available, i ran to the bushes behind A and went to work.....i killed 5 with my harrier strike(15-1), 10 with my pave low(25-1)......at this point as i was still hiding in the bushes at A AFTER FINISHING MY PAVE LOW(they were all in the bunker so i didnt wanna get seen)....there whole 5 person team went to A where they all met death by C-4(30-1).

i was stoked i had never done that before.....also at this point the score had gone to 120-104 for us......i was the only one with a positive KD at that point.....finally my team got a clue and we had A and B locked down good..... after running between A and b for a bit with no luck i ran towards C since they had taken it and killed 3 inside the cave(33-1) once by c....the AA-12(i had run out of P90 ammo) killed 2 more for me(35-1), i then manged to kill 2 more guys before getting noob tubed at C(f'ker's....(37-2), but i had unlocked my harrier again, which upon strike at C took out 3(40-2), then 5 kills later i had my (45-2)....at this point the score was 190-170...so i spent the last 2 minutes hunkered down in bushes not wanting to ruin the best KD i had ever achieved......

i know people have done better(and most of this was from killstreak rewards) but this was monumental for me....as i am not a great great player at this game......but man this was EPIC, i thought i had arrived......sadly the very next game on fuel i went 18-14....booooooooo!!!!

P90 w/ rapid fire
AA12 w/red dot sight

Marathon
Lightweight
Ninja
Last stand

C4
Flash Grenades

also really love my RPD with grip and extra Mags.....So fun to just mow down whole areas during objectives....screw that camp with the sniper rifle stuff....RPD gives much more satisfaction....kills your accuracy though....HAHAHA