PDA

View Full Version : I think its painfully obvious how about you

Dortoh
11-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Is it time for Champ and Hamilton to go to pasture?

Dirk
11-10-2009, 11:05 AM
You forgot to add a :tsk: on your list.

frauschieze
11-10-2009, 11:08 AM
Where was the option for just Hamilton? I'd be all over that. But for your failure, I vote option 4.

honz
11-10-2009, 11:09 AM
Dortoh, please go drown yourself. TIA.

Watchthemiddle
11-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Dortoh go jump off a bridge

Dortoh
Dortoh, please go drown yourself. TIA.

Your in denial Honz Champ is done.

6-6 is what it is

MOtorboat
LOL.

Go take your meds, dortoh.

claymore
11-10-2009, 11:11 AM
I dont like Champ, and I feel he just had a bad game. As over rated and Over priced as I believe him to be......

BigDaddyBronco
11-10-2009, 11:11 AM
Homes was 6 for 6 against Champ, but 3 of those were in zone defense and Champ just got the tackle.

He was still owned.

Dortoh
11-10-2009, 11:12 AM
Personally I dont think its too early to refer to this time in Bronco history as the curse of the great JMFW's

roomemp
11-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Holmes did burn Champ a couple of times yesterday......I mean everybody has an off day even the best of em. I am going to keep an eye on Champ though....If we continues to get burned......Maybe its time to switch him to safety.........Like Rod Woodson, I think Champ can be an all pro safety. It would extend his career as well....

Hamilton is a great zone blocking lineman. Other than that he is very average......His pass coverage has been really really bad this year......People are just bulldozing over him.......Does McDaniels have the brass to make a mid season change to the O line once Harris gets back? We will just have to see

BigDaddyBronco
11-10-2009, 11:14 AM
I mean how can Olsen be any worse than Hamilton?

MOtorboat
11-10-2009, 11:15 AM
Personally I dont think its too early to refer to this time in Bronco history as the curse of the great JMFW's

Lay down on the couch and let's just talk this out. OK?

MOtorboat
11-10-2009, 11:15 AM
I mean how can Olsen be any worse than Hamilton?

Oh my. Please don't say this.

claymore
11-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Holmes did burn Champ a couple of times yesterday......I mean everybody has an off day even the best of em. I am going to keep an eye on Champ though....If we continues to get burned......Maybe its time to switch him to safety.........Like Rod Woodson, I think Champ can be an all pro safety. It would extend his career as well....

Hamilton is a great zone blocking lineman. Other than that he is very average......His pass coverage has been really really bad this year......People are just bulldozing over him.......Does McDaniels have the brass to make a mid season change to the O line once Harris gets back? We will just have to see
Doubt it. If we dont, we need to look for a new RB coach as well. Turner is a one trick pony as well.

MOtorboat
11-10-2009, 11:17 AM
Doubt it. If we dont, we need to look for a new RB coach as well. Turner is a one trick pony as well.

http://www.sparkcaster.com/demotivational/images/overreaction.jpg

Dortoh
11-10-2009, 11:20 AM

Make all the jokes you want MB but the end is nigh

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/e/end_is_near-13360.jpg

MOtorboat
11-10-2009, 11:21 AM

http://someloosethoughts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/overreaction1.jpg

claymore
11-10-2009, 11:23 AM

Now MO's gonna panic.

Shazam!
11-10-2009, 11:23 AM
Oh geez.

Champ got burned plenty, but it wasn't all his fault why the Broncos lost. If they can't protect Orton better the rest of the way, Champ is the least of Denver's problems.

GEM
11-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Is it time for Champ and Hamilton to go to pasture?

Hamilton yes. Champ, need some more evidence over a longer period of time.

Dreadnought
11-10-2009, 11:36 AM
McD > Zorn; therefore I must hate Dortoh.

weazel
11-10-2009, 11:39 AM
I know this is a joke, but on that Ward TD Champ looked like a high school freshman. Why the hell did he go so low? He looked like he was reaching to pull some grass from the ground. Ward was laughing as he jumped over him.

LRtagger
11-10-2009, 11:43 AM
I know this is a joke, but on that Ward TD Champ looked like a high school freshman. Why the hell did he go so low? He looked like he was reaching to pull some grass from the ground. Ward was laughing as he jumped over him.

Champ always goes for the legs. A guy like Ward will pick that up.

weazel
11-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Champ always goes for the legs. A guy like Ward will pick that up.

oh, then its okay. :confused:

j/k

Dortoh
11-10-2009, 11:46 AM
We should have brought in Peppers

MOtorboat
11-10-2009, 11:46 AM
We should have brought in Peppers

http://www.altergroup.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/jump_off_cliff.jpg

Dortoh
11-10-2009, 11:51 AM
I guess Josh was pretty pissed and called in the entire Oline this morning for extra practice.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_NZ2VObwKyrc/SH9Ob9ZuJ_I/AAAAAAAAAbI/h2e_xB0a5IM/s400/American_Football_Ballet.jpg

rationalfan
11-10-2009, 11:52 AM

ward was also laughing when he dropped a pass. and when the steelers couldn't convert a third down. he laughs all the time. measuring the ability of bailey by the expressions of ward don't prove your point.

frauschieze
11-10-2009, 11:52 AM

This may be your best post ever.

LRtagger
11-10-2009, 12:20 PM
oh, then its okay. :confused:

j/k

You asked why Champ went low and I pointed out that he always goes low. Champ is not a big guy, he is a sound tackler but he is not going to go head to head with the ball carrier regardless of who it is. Ward simply made a good play.

MOtorboat
11-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Well, we can close this thread. It's clear that everyone hates Dortoh.

Dortoh
11-10-2009, 12:23 PM

I got a perfect score :elefant:

KCL
11-10-2009, 12:39 PM
So what did you all think of Law? Do you think he could have been effective playing the CB position?

KCL
11-10-2009, 12:40 PM

:tsk:

MOtorboat
11-10-2009, 12:45 PM
:tsk:

The poll doesn't lie.

topscribe
11-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Hotrod, I love ya, man.

But you are straining our relationship . . . :tsk:

-----

BroncoInSkinland
11-10-2009, 01:05 PM
I apologize everyone, I shouldn't have mentioned polls to Dortoh, that always gets him all worked up.

Elevation inc
11-10-2009, 01:08 PM
its painfully obvious you cant constructively bring up a issue with any player or your knads get cut.....*shrugs*

as to the OP...ben hamilton looks like a offensive clone of marlon mcree and calvin lowry, always getting blasted and chasing players from behind...so yes he needs to go....

champ???? well i would say hold on a bit there......

weazel
11-10-2009, 01:11 PM
You asked why Champ went low and I pointed out that he always goes low. Champ is not a big guy, he is a sound tackler but he is not going to go head to head with the ball carrier regardless of who it is. Ward simply made a good play.

I know... thats why I posted j/k = just kidding

honz
11-10-2009, 02:13 PM
The hatred for Dortoh is palpable. I love it.

Dortoh
11-10-2009, 02:14 PM
The hatred for Dortoh is palpable. I love it.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/bale_and_kermit.gif

honz
11-10-2009, 02:17 PM
LMFAO. Who am I kidding? I could never hate Dortoh.

BroncoAV06
11-10-2009, 04:28 PM
I would vote hate but that's such a strong word.

I bet half those were in zone were its hard to pin it all on Champ, team must get pressure for zone to be effective and Ben's wide outs were finding the soft spots in time. I hate zones. I can use hate in this case.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Champ Bailey is not the player he was in 2004 and 2005 when he had his pinnacle seasons with the team. Personally, I do not feel he is even the best cornerback in the NFL anymore. He is still a solid player and in my eyes, worth the money we're given him considering our situation at corner. Given his age and that of Law and Goodman, we'll be looking for another corner down the road to pair with Alphonso. I'm not sure how much longer Bailey will be around, but I wouldn't send him to the pasture. That said, I also do not feel he is as great of a player now than people seem to make him out to be. Let him play out the rest of his contract, but do not throw him a ton-o-bones to stick around.

MOtorboat
11-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Dear broncofaninfla,

Prepare to be shot. FYI.

Have a good day.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Your in denial Honz Champ is done.

6-6 is what it is

True, but did you also notice the majority came in the second half when none of our DBs could cover anyone? Champ also led the team in tackles last night. Having to tackle mendenhall because he keeps running by your LBs gets tiring.

dogfish
11-10-2009, 07:06 PM
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4959/batgay.jpg (http://img410.imageshack.us/i/batgay.jpg/)

Dortoh
11-11-2009, 10:02 AM
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4959/batgay.jpg (http://img410.imageshack.us/i/batgay.jpg/)

You sir are obviously a homer and koolaid drinker. Champ is washed up.

Dortoh
11-11-2009, 10:03 AM
Oh and by the way the following are on my shit list

BaileyTheBest, BroncoAV06, BroncoInSkinland, dogfish, Dortoh, Dreadnought, frauschieze, honz, horsepig, HORSEPOWER 56, MissouriBronc, NameUsedBefore, red98, shawshank24, Shutdown, The Glue Factory, Zweems56

KCL
11-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Oh and by the way the following are on my shit list

BaileyTheBest, BroncoAV06, BroncoInSkinland, dogfish, Dortoh, Dreadnought, frauschieze, honz, horsepig, HORSEPOWER 56, MissouriBronc, NameUsedBefore, red98, shawshank24, Shutdown, The Glue Factory, Zweems56

Did you shit yourself?

girler
11-11-2009, 10:45 AM
:eek: Hey!

1. Weren't we already talking about how Champ doesn't know where his kids are this week? :confused:

2. I have Champ posters and t-shirts all over my closet! :D

3. Shut the hell up you Snuggie-headed-idiot. :coffee:

4. So there. :tongue:

Dortoh
11-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Wait whats up with Champs kids?

Dortoh
11-11-2009, 10:48 AM
Did you shit yourself?

I wont be getting a Christmas card from myself this year I'll tell you that damn much.

girler
11-11-2009, 10:48 AM
Wait whats up with Champs kids?

His ex is totally broke, foreclosed on the house (that was paid for when she got it in the divorce) and took the kids out of school. Nobody knows where she is. At least last I heard.

Dortoh
11-11-2009, 10:49 AM
His ex is totally broke, foreclosed on the house (that was paid for when she got it in the divorce) and took the kids out of school. Nobody knows where she is. At least last I heard.

Sumbish he did a damn fine job with all that on his mind.

TXBRONC
11-11-2009, 10:54 AM
I wont be getting a Christmas card from myself this year I'll tell you that damn much.

When was the last time that you talked to yourself?

Dortoh
11-11-2009, 10:55 AM
When was the last time that you talked to yourself?

Does singing in the shower count?

SmilinAssasSin27
11-11-2009, 11:01 AM
Hamilton is done. We draft a OG in round 2. There. Problem solved.

Now onto Champ...Rationally, there has to come a point where we really consider seeing what we can get for him. I hardly think he's washed up, but he is getting paid a LOT and since the rest of the defense is quite young (except for Dawkins), maybe it's time to go younger at CB. After watching Cincy of late, it's impressive to see what Hll and Joseph are doing for em.

Champ had a bad game. But he is still very good and could serve a role at Safety if his cover skills slip any more. That being said, his skills slipping a bit still makes him much better than 80% of the CBs in the NFL.

Oh...and Dortoh is a tool.

girler
11-11-2009, 11:02 AM

No, but high fiving yourself for thinking up this comment does. :coffee:

TXBRONC
11-11-2009, 11:02 AM

Ah now I know why you're not going to get a Christmas card from yourself. Singing in the shower is a onesided conversation. You never get a chance to respond back to yourself. :confused:

Traveler
11-11-2009, 11:03 AM
Champ Bailey is not the player he was in 2004 and 2005 when he had his pinnacle seasons with the team. Personally, I do not feel he is even the best cornerback in the NFL anymore. He is still a solid player and in my eyes, worth the money we're given him considering our situation at corner. Given his age and that of Law and Goodman, we'll be looking for another corner down the road to pair with Alphonso. I'm not sure how much longer Bailey will be around, but I wouldn't send him to the pasture. That said, I also do not feel he is as great of a player now than people seem to make him out to be. Let him play out the rest of his contract, but do not throw him a ton-o-bones to stick around.

This + possibly move him to safety if he is agreeable to the switch.

Dortoh
11-11-2009, 11:03 AM
Ah now I know why you're not going to get a Christmas card from yourself. Singing in the shower is a onesided conversation. You never get a chance to respond back to yourself. :confused:

I occasionally sing a duet :coffee:

Dortoh
11-11-2009, 11:05 AM
Hamilton is done. We draft a OG in round 2. There. Problem solved.

Now onto Champ...Rationally, there has to come a point where we really consider seeing what we can get for him. I hardly think he's washed up, but he is getting paid a LOT and since the rest of the defense is quite young (except for Dawkins), maybe it's time to go younger at CB. After watching Cincy of late, it's impressive to see what Hll and Joseph are doing for em.

Champ had a bad game. But he is still very good and could serve a role at Safety if his cover skills slip any more. That being said, his skills slipping a bit still makes him much better than 80% of the CBs in the NFL.

Oh...and Dortoh is a tool.

When you say tool are we talking Craftsman or some cheap made in China crap?

I think it would be great to move Champ to safety IF he is willing to take a pay cut which I doubt.

elsid13
11-11-2009, 12:20 PM
When you say tool are we talking Craftsman or some cheap made in China crap?

I think it would be great to move Champ to safety IF he is willing to take a pay cut which I doubt.

Dude, you are a cheap Walmart import. :D

BroncoInSkinland
11-13-2009, 07:11 AM
since the rest of the defense is quite young (except for Dawkins), maybe it's time to go younger at CB.

Ty Law - 35
Brian Dawkins - 35
Vonnie Holiday - 33
Champ Bailey - 31
Andre Goodman - 30
Kenny Peterson - 30
Renaldo Hill - 30
Andra Davis - 30

Hardly quite young, there are also several at the 27-29 range, but I stopped at 30. We will have to replace multiple DB's and a few on the line over the next two or three years. Fortunately Josh and Nolan seem to be very good at the "Patriot" method of acquiring aging players and squeezing a little more performance out of them, so I think we can fill many of the gaps through FA, but I would like to see a few more young faces to learn the tricks of the trade from what one sportscaster rightfully called the all-Madden backfield we have assembled this year. 57 years experience from our top 5 DB's, and I think the announcer said over 25 probowl appearances between them? I hope these guys all play til they are 40, but if we have to let some of them slip away, I am glad we have Smith learning from such an elite pool of talent.

TXBRONC
11-13-2009, 01:08 PM
Ty Law - 35
Brian Dawkins - 35
Vonnie Holiday - 33
Champ Bailey - 31
Andre Goodman - 30
Kenny Peterson - 30
Renaldo Hill - 30
Andra Davis - 30

Hardly quite young, there are also several at the 27-29 range, but I stopped at 30. We will have to replace multiple DB's and a few on the line over the next two or three years. Fortunately Josh and Nolan seem to be very good at the "Patriot" method of acquiring aging players and squeezing a little more performance out of them, so I think we can fill many of the gaps through FA, but I would like to see a few more young faces to learn the tricks of the trade from what one sportscaster rightfully called the all-Madden backfield we have assembled this year. 57 years experience from our top 5 DB's, and I think the announcer said over 25 probowl appearances between them? I hope these guys all play til they are 40, but if we have to let some of them slip away, I am glad we have Smith learning from such an elite pool of talent.

I know this off topic, but do you live close enough to go to the game? And are you are planning on attending the game?