PDA

View Full Version : The Ravens made the Blueprint on how to shut down the Broncos O

tumbana
11-10-2009, 08:35 AM
And everyone is going to use it.

Stack the box and have everyone play close, blitz up the gut to make Orton move or get off balance because has has pretty much no ability with feet and arm, and you have yourself a good defensive performance.

Should they bench Orton since he can't scare defenses into backing off?

Dirk
11-10-2009, 08:37 AM

Not yet. Remember, other teams aren't as dominant as the Ravens and Steelers on Defense.

If they lose to Washington then I would start worrying.

CraigHwk
11-10-2009, 08:45 AM
Not yet. Remember, other teams aren't as dominant as the Ravens and Steelers on Defense.

If they lose to Washington then I would start worrying.

^ This.

We all knew these two games would be tough. It just sucks to see than in the end the score wasn't as competitive as we would have liked.

I have hope that we'll get it together for next week and put another win in the column.

Dzone
11-10-2009, 08:50 AM
If the Broncos play as bad as they did against Baltmore and Pittsburgh, Washington will be celebrating a rare win on Sunday.

LRtagger
11-10-2009, 09:14 AM
LMAO Broncos lose two games and Tumbana starts posting again. Classic.

The Bengals and Cards made the blueprint to shut down the Bears = Show up to the game.

tumbana
11-10-2009, 09:16 AM

The Bengals and Cards made the blueprint to shut down the Bears = Show up to the game.

Way to go off topic. I know that you are worried your team is in a collapse and Orton is showing his true colors regardless of who his "weapons" are. It's ok man.

LRtagger
11-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Way to go off topic. I know that you are worried your team is in a collapse and Orton is showing his true colors regardless of who his "weapons" are. It's ok man.

Not really. At the end of the day we are still a better team. And we actually have draft picks to make us better.

But welcome back from your vacation :lol:

tumbana
11-10-2009, 09:37 AM
Not really. At the end of the day we are still a better team. And we actually have draft picks to make us better.

But welcome back from your vacation :lol:

Funny, you should have the same record if not for fluke plays. Not to mention we pounded you in preseason. The Broncos offense isn't the kind of offense that can do anything and the Pitt game showed (if the preseason game didn't) that a mobile QB with a good arm would own the Broncos.

Any way... so yeah the Broncos are in serious trouble.

NightTrainLayne
11-10-2009, 09:45 AM
Welcome back Tumbana. I missed you while we rattled off six straight wins. Where have you been?

And to think, if we had won last night you wouldn't have bothered with a visit again.

There's only one thing worse than a bandwagon fan.

tumbana
11-10-2009, 09:53 AM
Welcome back Tumbana. I missed you while we rattled off six straight wins. Where have you been?

And to think, if we had won last night you wouldn't have bothered with a visit again.

There's only one thing worse than a bandwagon fan.

Nah I've been around. The only thing worse than a bandwagon fan is an Orton fan.

Dortoh
11-10-2009, 10:07 AM
Weve been exlposed

MOtorboat
11-10-2009, 10:08 AM
Weve been exlposed

What's that?

Ravage!!!
11-10-2009, 10:10 AM

what do the Bears have to do with anything??? :confused:

MOtorboat
11-10-2009, 10:11 AM

The OP is a Bears fan and this is in the smack forum...

Dortoh
11-10-2009, 10:12 AM
What's that?

Its the best thing I could think of to mock the retarded OP without being mean..........whoops I guess thats out now :laugh:

tumbana
11-10-2009, 10:13 AM
The OP is a Bears fan and this is in the smack forum...
This isn't supposed to be in the smack forum. It got moved because some dolt Broncos fan went off topic even though the topic itself has nothing to do with the Bears.

Dortoh
11-10-2009, 10:19 AM
In reality this tumbler fella is on the mark.

Seriously a ******* bubble screen on 3rd and 11 FML

Shazam!
11-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Tumbana, ****. You've been gone for 2 months eating the crow pie, and after the Broncos lose two games, now you think your shit talking holds any weight? Laughable.

If Cutler was here he'd have thrown 5 INTs running for his life.

No matter how bad the Broncos have been, it could be worse. They could be the Bears. Such high hopes and trash talking from Bears fans lead to an even bigger reality check.

LRtagger
11-10-2009, 11:09 AM
This isn't supposed to be in the smack forum. It got moved because some dolt Broncos fan went off topic even though the topic itself has nothing to do with the Bears.

You're right...i should go to the Bears forum to talk about how bad they are.

By the way, where have you been all season?

GEM
11-10-2009, 11:15 AM

Why don't you worry about your own team's collapse. Ridiculous. You here now....where were you the first 6 weeks of the season. Like one of the ostrich's in people's avies....your head in the dirt. Please find your quickest way back to the dirt.

GEM
11-10-2009, 11:17 AM

Heaven forbid your posts end up where they belong. You've never talked football, you've always talked shit and weren't smart enough to find the proper forum to post it in.

GEM
11-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Funny, you should have the same record if not for fluke plays. Not to mention we pounded you in preseason. The Broncos offense isn't the kind of offense that can do anything and the Pitt game showed (if the preseason game didn't) that a mobile QB with a good arm would own the Broncos.

And getting beat 41-21 in your own house isn't serious trouble? :laugh: Glass house buddy.

MOtorboat
11-10-2009, 11:20 AM
And getting beat 41-21 in your own house isn't serious trouble? :laugh: Glass house buddy.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_sIvWMQvGKyA/SVqqMqybPLI/AAAAAAAABxM/X264IvgZk8w/s400/emo+jay+cutler.jpg

Shazam!
11-10-2009, 11:20 AM
What an idiot.

GEM
11-10-2009, 11:22 AM

It's called irony. Come in talking shit about our team when your own has it's own problems.

It was posted in GD incorrectly in the first place, moved to where it belongs, open season.

Dortoh
11-10-2009, 12:15 PM

http://movingrightalong.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/06/20/mistakes.jpg

jhildebrand
11-10-2009, 12:45 PM

Stack the box and have everyone play close, blitz up the gut to make Orton move or get off balance because has has pretty much no ability with feet and arm, and you have yourself a good defensive performance.

That's not true! Dallas, SD, and New England employed the same philosophy but Denver was able to counter it.

The fallacy of this "book on how to beat a team" argument is this:

It presumes the other teams we will play have a monster at D line, LB, and S when the reality most don't even have half of that!

If it is as simple as you say, the Redskins should have an easy time whooping us next week :rolleyes:

MasterShake
11-10-2009, 12:51 PM

The Steelers did the same thing to us that they did to a great Minnesota team. They have a great defense, period. There is no "blueprint" to stop any team. We had PITT on their heels until the pick 6 by Orton, then we had to get conservative to get back in the game.

If Washington and Oakland and (Put crappy teams name here) could emulate the "blueprint" of what Baltimore and Pittsburgh have done to ANY team, they wouldn't be stinking up the cellars of their divisions.

It comes down to players, not blueprints.

Bottom line, Broncos are 6-2 in a weak division. If we win the games we should win and lose the games we shouldn't, we still have a 10-11 win record (hopefully!). :D

Shazam!
11-10-2009, 12:54 PM
All I know is today, is that the Ravens, Steelers and Broncos are all better than the Bears.

topscribe
11-10-2009, 01:11 PM
Nah I've been around. The only thing worse than a bandwagon fan is an Orton fan.

I think NTL was alluding to trolls . . . if you get my drift . . .

-----

Shazam!
11-10-2009, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by tumbana
Nah I've been around.

Umm. No you haven't. GFYS.

topscribe
11-10-2009, 01:14 PM

On behalf of Broncos Forums, I must apologize.

This was moved to Smack because we don't have a Horse's Butt forum . . .

-----

KCL
11-10-2009, 01:26 PM
If the Broncos play as bad as they did against Baltmore and Pittsburgh, Washington will be celebrating a rare win on Sunday.

The Redskins are not even close to being anything like Baltimore and Pittsburgh.
Denver was outplayed...simple as that...In watching the game last night,I don't think Denver stood a chance once Pittsburgh got going..not trying to be critical at all...you just faced better defenses the last 2 weeks than you did in the first 6.

sanluis
11-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Blue print = crap if you don't have the personnel to execute the plan.

You Bear honks should worry about your own team and your turd QB IMO. Just saying...... :coffee:

ursamajor
11-10-2009, 02:54 PM
You Bear honks should worry about your own team and your turd QB IMO. Just saying...... :coffee:U know you could very easily replace Bears with Chargers, and the above would make great sense

Dortoh
11-10-2009, 02:56 PM
U know you could very easily replace Bears with Chargers, and the above would make great sense

God I hate phillis rivers but I have to say.............um no to your post.

Ravage!!!
11-10-2009, 02:58 PM
Blue print = crap if you don't have the personnel to execute the plan.

You Bear honks should worry about your own team and your turd QB IMO. Just saying...... :coffee:

I agree to a great extent on this one... however there are things that teams gather from another. Such as, what worked and what didn't. Where did they attack with what kind of formations. How did that work? What succeeded?

If you are attacking with the defense, what kind of base defense did you use? what lineman had the problems with certain kind of blitzes. What kind of zones, mans, and combos work against our QB.

I agree that not every team can execute the same way that Baltimore and Pitt did.... however you start seeing patterns that teams will duplicate and hide with their own formula.

Dreadnought
11-10-2009, 03:59 PM

Nah, nothing even that complicated. I assumed - given your history and recent lack of posting - that you had no intention of discussing football in good faith when you created the thread, so I went ahead and moved it. I figured you wanted to smack around the Broncos after they laid an egg last night, and put the thread in the right place for you to do so. Plus it allowed the respondents a bit more freedom in, uh, expressing their disagreements.

I think it was a good call looking back on it.

Northman
11-10-2009, 05:14 PM

Classic troll. What do you expect.

Overtime
11-10-2009, 06:28 PM

wow 2 games is a collapse? considering both losses came against last years AFC Championship game participants....

and you got destroyed (45-10 by the Bengals...a team that didn't even make the playoffs last year) and annihiliated 41-21 by the Cardinals (Super Bowl chokers), and you wanna come run smack?

6-2 > 4-4 last time I checked.

Poet
11-10-2009, 06:44 PM

Yes, the Steelers laid the blueprint: Get a HOF defensive tackle, the best 3-4 LB in the game, a HOF safety, a backup DE who would start on pretty much every 3-4 team in the NFL, one of the best QBs in the league, a HOF WR in Hines Ward, one of the better WRs in Santonio Holmes and one of the best tight ends in the NFL with Heath Miller.

Yup, every team can do that. :rolleyes:

WTE
11-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Weve been exlposed

True, Denver has been explosed.

But Tumbana is getting blowed out!

It's hysterical!

Shazam!
11-10-2009, 07:26 PM
What a jackass.

dogfish
11-10-2009, 07:32 PM
the bears are who denny green thought they were. . . .

WTE
11-10-2009, 07:53 PM
the bears are who denny green thought they were. . . .

There's several disapointing teams so far but I'd put Chicago at the top of the list.

Top 5 Disapointing teams so far:

1. Bears

2. Packers

3. Titans

4. Skins

5. Giants

MOtorboat
11-10-2009, 08:06 PM
There's several disapointing teams so far but I'd put Chicago at the top of the list.

Top 5 Disapointing teams so far:

1. Bears

2. Packers

3. Titans

4. Skins

5. Giants

Good list.

I was high on the Packers and the Titans, too. I thought San Diego was better than they've looked, but they are still in a position to make some noise.

jhildebrand
11-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Yes, the Steelers laid the blueprint: Get a HOF defensive tackle, the best 3-4 LB in the game, a HOF safety, a backup DE who would start on pretty much every 3-4 team in the NFL, one of the best QBs in the league, a HOF WR in Hines Ward, one of the better WRs in Santonio Holmes and one of the best tight ends in the NFL with Heath Miller.

Yup, every team can do that. :rolleyes:

Not to mention a high draft pick RB who has yet to scratch the surface of his professional potential.

If you have all that, then you have the blueprint to beat the Broncos and just about anybody else!

Poet
11-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Not to mention a high draft pick RB who has yet to scratch the surface of his professional potential.

If you have all that, then you have the blueprint to beat the Broncos and just about anybody else!

The Steelers are the defending champs for a reason.

Shazam!
11-10-2009, 10:17 PM
The Steelers are the defending champs for a reason.

Denver lost to two of probably the most physical teams and talented defenses in the NFL. I am not down about it though it sucks they lost. They're still 6-2 and in good shape.

Idiot Bears fans shouldn't be trash talking at all. With Baltimore, Philly, GB, and Minnesota up 2x, they're looking 8-8 at best. They're lucky they play a few bad teams or it'd be even worse. I'm sure soon Bears troll jerkoffs will have disappeared.

WTE
11-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Denver lost to two of probably the most physical teams and talented defenses in the NFL. I am not down about it though it sucks they lost. They're still 6-2 and in good shape.

Idiot Bears fans shouldn't be trash talking at all. They're looking 8-8 at best. With Baltimore, Philly, GB, and Minnesota up 2x, they're looking 8-8 at best. They're lucky they play a few bad teams or it'd be even worse. I'm sure soon Bears troll jerkoffs will have disappeared.

Ummmmmm.

Very true Shazam!

Conservative Warrior.

Those Bears fans have been explosed!

ursamajor
11-10-2009, 11:52 PM
I'm sure soon Bears troll jerkoffs will have disappeared.

Its one-singular.

Poet
11-11-2009, 12:52 AM

Idiot Bears fans shouldn't be trash talking at all. With Baltimore, Philly, GB, and Minnesota up 2x, they're looking 8-8 at best. They're lucky they play a few bad teams or it'd be even worse. I'm sure soon Bears troll jerkoffs will have disappeared.

The Bears are done. I thought that with a healthy defense and Cutler they would be a strong team. Their defense is still pretty talented but needs fixing. That being said their future looks pretty good to me.

Ursa is my guy, Tumbana or whatever his name is sux ballz

ursamajor
11-11-2009, 01:06 AM
The Bears are done. I thought that with a healthy defense and Cutler they would be a strong team. Their defense is still pretty talented but needs fixing. That being said their future looks pretty good to me.

Ursa is my guy, Tumbana or whatever his name is sux ballz

So long as Lovie Lee Smith is at the helm, yeah the Bears are done. Will never be anything better than a middle of the road team

Shazam!
11-11-2009, 01:28 AM
Its one-singular.

No it's not.

jhildebrand
11-11-2009, 12:38 PM
So long as Lovie Lee Smith is at the helm, yeah the Bears are done. Will never be anything better than a middle of the road team

QFT. They will probably have to find a way to replace Urlacher this off season as well.

sanluis
11-12-2009, 06:17 PM
U know you could very easily replace Bears with Chargers, and the above would make great sense
ursa,
You are not a Bear honk IMO. You are a good fan that has been here through the ups and downs of the season..... :salute:

LRtagger
11-13-2009, 09:22 AM

Damn the 49ers followed that blueprint flawlessly :pound: