PDA

View Full Version : Reality Check

West
11-10-2009, 01:39 AM
I, personally, think these last 2 weeks were a reality check for the fans and the team.

We are not as good as everyone had originally thought after the 6-0 start. Yes, we had good wins against New England, San Diego and Dallas but these 2 wins have brought me down to Earth about this team. I think we have some glaring weaknesses at the interior line on both sides of the ball.

Wiegman is a veteran but he is struggling against the above average NTs.

Same with Hamilton; veteran but is struggling picking up the blitz and really coming off the ball.

On D, our DTs and NTs were getting pushed back 2-5 yards at the point of attack nearly every play. Its really frustrating to watch.

Guys, we are not there yet as an elite team but hopefully these areas will be fixed in the upcoming offseason.

Northman
11-10-2009, 01:47 AM
Hence why some have said that the expectations have so far been better than originally thought. Many predicted a total failure this year. Rome wasnt built in a day. Ive already seen improvement and as you said, more work needs to be done.

West
11-10-2009, 01:50 AM
Hence why some have said that the expectations have so far been better than originally thought. Many predicted a total failure this year. Rome wasnt built in a day. Ive already seen improvement and as you said, more work needs to be done.

Agreed.

This team has had a 150 degree turn around from last year... We just need to sure up the other 30 degrees before we become elite.

Shazam!
11-10-2009, 02:04 AM
The bottom line is that Denver lost to two excellent teams that were better than they are. They got dominated physically in both losses, and when a team beats the shit out of you you will not win. The good news is that it will not happen every week. Pitt and Ball are two of the most physical teams in the NFL.

They should win at Washington easily. At 7-2, if someone told you in July this team would be 7-2 heading down the home stretch, any Broncos fan would take that.

West
11-10-2009, 02:07 AM
The bottom line is that Denver lost to two excellent teams that were better than they are. They got dominated physically in both losses, and when a team beats the shit out of you you will not win. The good news is that it will not happen every week. Pitt and Ball are two of the most physical teams in the NFL.

They should win at Washington easily. At 7-2, if someone told you in July this team would be 7-2 heading down the home stretch, any Broncos fan would take that.

Yeah, no doubt. But i'm not going to accept a loss and not think there were areas for improvement.

Dzone
11-10-2009, 02:52 AM
Lets face it, Denver surprised everybody for six weeks. Guess what? We had 6 weeks of fun, but this team is B-A-D.

They can NOT pass protect, they can NOT run block, the quarterback cant throw further than 20 yards, the defense got carved up by ben Rothlsbeurger, Mendenhall had a career day running the ball. Denver had a whoopping 27 yars rushing. It was a repeat of the thrashing they took in Baltimore. Denver can NOT compete with the upper tier teams.Denver will fall down into the twenties on the power rankings this week. The Ravens exposed them and Pittsburgh exploited them. Everyone in Denver is eating a big plate of HUMBLE PIE. That quarterback is as bad as advertised. He looked good for 6 weeks running the most conservative offense since the 60 packers. You cant single out any one person on denver. Champ Bailey got schooled by #10 over and over and then had hines ward hurdle him into the endszone. How embarrassing. Champ looks like a bad high school cornerback. This is the Broncos we so feared having prior to the season. Oh well, we were predicting 1-16 and we got 6-0. It was fun thinking denver was a good time while it lasted. Denver had the biggest collapse in nfl history last year blowing a 3 game division lead by losing 3 straight.. Could we be seeing it again? San Diego is on a roll. at least we dont have to watch chicago go to the super bowl at our expense...lol...I would much rather be watching cutler on a shit ty team than watching orton on a sh itty team...lol...whata joke.

Timmy!
11-10-2009, 02:56 AM
Lets face it, Denver surprised everybody for six weeks. Guess what? We had 6 weeks of fun, but this team is B-A-D.

They can NOT pass protect, they can NOT run block, the quarterback cant throw further than 20 yards, the defense got carved up by ben Rothlsbeurger, Mendenhall had a career day running the ball. Denver had a whoopping 27 yars rushing. It was a repeat of the thrashing they took in Baltimore. Denver can NOT compete with the upper tier teams.Denver will fall down into the twenties on the power rankings this week. The Ravens exposed them and Pittsburgh exploited them. Everyone in Denver is eating a big plate of HUMBLE PIE. That quarterback is as bad as advertised. He looked good for 6 weeks running the most conservative offense since the 60 packers. You cant single out any one person on denver. Champ Bailey got schooled by #10 over and over and then had hines ward hurdle him into the endszone. How embarrassing. Champ looks like a bad high school cornerback. This is the Broncos we so feared having prior to the season. Oh well, we were predicting 1-16 and we got 6-0. It was fun thinking denver was a good time while it lasted. Denver had the biggest collapse in nfl history last year blowing a 3 game division lead by losing 3 straight.. Could we be seeing it again? San Diego is on a roll. at least we dont have to watch chicago go to the super bowl at our expense...lol...I would much rather be watching cutler on a shit ty team than watching orton on a sh itty team...lol...whata joke.

You're right. The 6-2 Broncos are the worst team ever.

The Bears fans would welcome you. I hereby dub you "Stanley."

shank
11-10-2009, 02:58 AM

do us a favor and do exactly that. chicago is that way, d-ba...er, dzone.

Timmy!
11-10-2009, 03:03 AM
do us a favor and do exactly that. chicago is that way, d-ba...er, dzone.

http://www.drillspot.com/pimages/3142/314210_300.jpg

roomemp
11-10-2009, 08:53 AM

I do this same thing on the Bears forums........Its called SPAM :laugh:

Ravage!!!
11-10-2009, 10:14 AM
I've seen a big turn around for the postitive on the defensive side of the ball... but I've seen a BIG turnaround for the negative on the offensive side.

Last year, our defense was pathetic... this year... the offense is pathetic (and yes, it was bad during all the wins as well).

So I'm not sure this team has made a turn around.

Dreadnought
11-10-2009, 10:19 AM
I've seen a big turn around for the postitive on the defensive side of the ball... but I've seen a BIG turnaround for the negative on the offensive side.

Last year, our defense was pathetic... this year... the offense is pathetic (and yes, it was bad during all the wins as well).

So I'm not sure this team has made a turn around.

Agreed - I suspect we swapped one lethal problem for another one. I've seen little evidence to suppose otherwise.

Dortoh
11-10-2009, 10:27 AM

Either you just pulled a great Dortoh or your a **** stick. Congrats either way.

silkamilkamonico
11-10-2009, 12:21 PM
...lol...I would much rather be watching cutler on a shit ty team than watching orton on a sh itty team...lol...whata joke.

Jay Cutler doesn't even have a winning record. but who cares about winning football games when you can throw a football over them mountains huh...lol...

...you're the joke that likes losing.

frenchfan
11-12-2009, 03:11 AM
Hence why some have said that the expectations have so far been better than originally thought. Many predicted a total failure this year. Rome wasnt built in a day. Ive already seen improvement and as you said, more work needs to be done.Totally agreed...

To the panic lovers :
And oh well... it's a shame we have been dominated by 2 of the best D of the NFL... I think i'm going to suicide right now... :rolleyes: :D

Yeah, we are not SB contender yet... But we are not the joke we were last year... With the same team we had last year, we'll probably be 2-6...
We need to improve in some areas for sure... Our OL disapointed me the last 2 games... The running game is a concern too... Blame also the bad play calling and execution (will we try to throw deep a little bit?).
Our O has to improve... Our D, as improved as it is, can't stay a whole half on the field and win the game...

Go Broncos... :salute:
Let's try to play good football... That's all that I Want.