PDA

View Full Version : No Panic Button Please

Shazam!
11-09-2009, 11:49 PM
Let's be honest here.

The last two weeks, Denver lost to two teams that are intact from the 2008 AFC Championship game and the Super Bowl champs to boot. Both teams can score and while the Broncos are better all around, they still have shown they can get dominated on the Line on both sides of the ball. Baltimore and Pitt are two of the most physical teams in the League.

Orton looked awful but he spent almost the whole 2nd half of the game running for his life.

McDaniels needs to change things up on the offense too. Those constant straight into the Line runs aren't working and Moreno is becoming a liability.

I miss Kern too. Ugh.

Denver is an improved team. Hopefully this week they make a few adjustments on both sides and demonstrate their earlier form and play better in Washington.

I think we'll all agree the Broncos will beat the 'Skins next week. If they don't, then I'll hit the panic button.

Even if they go .500 the rest of the way, that's still 10 wins. I said earlier in the offseason and preseason, 9-7 would be a successful season, and they can go beyond that.

As far as SD catching up, the NYG all but gave them the win yesterday in NJ. I was unfortunate enough to see the whole game, and as we all know, they are not some world-beater that these jerkoffs at ESPN say they are every year.

Losses like these, especially back to back suck. It will test McD and prepare him for his future. I'm not throwing in the towel yet. I'm sure the team isn't. Don't you do it either.

Go Broncos :defense:

Requiem / The Dagda
11-09-2009, 11:52 PM
David Bruton did not play special teams this game. Panic button has been pushed!!!

HORSEPOWER 56
11-09-2009, 11:52 PM
No excuses, to be the best you have to beat the best. Of all the teams we've played so far, these are the only two playoff teams from last year (I don't count the Sparklers because they were 8-8, too). We aren't playing good football right now. The defense gave the offense ample opportunity to score and win this game. The offense just couldn't get it done - two weeks and counting.

Oh, the punting sucked ass, too.

Krugan
11-09-2009, 11:53 PM
ll trump this "win next week" talk with: short week on the road east coast game.

Skins could be 0-8 with a horrible D and O(err wait) and the odds are still stacked against us.

Tned
11-09-2009, 11:54 PM
Cowboy fans were pushing the panic button big time after we beat them, and now they have won four in a row and lead the division.

Two losses is not the end of the season.

Rusty Shackleford
11-09-2009, 11:54 PM
We will win next week and have a HUGE game against the Chargers at home that may decide the division. It may be flexed to primetime SNF. Then we have what seems lie a winnable game against the Giants and then we destroy the Chiefs. Not worried yet. :beer:

MasterShake
11-09-2009, 11:55 PM
A 6 game head start will do wonders with KC twice (sorry KCL), Oakland here, and Washington. I'll take a 10 win season!

And don't tell me not to look ahead or underestimate. I can do it all I want. Its up to the Broncos to not look ahead or underestimate! :salute:

Seriously, its not like we dropped two to the Lions and the Raiders. :lol:

HORSEPOWER 56
11-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Cowboy fans were pushing the panic button big time after we beat them, and now they have won four in a row and lead the division.

Two losses is not the end of the season.

Honestly, Tned - gut feeling - do you think we can beat the Chargers, Giants, or Colts with the way the offense is playing right now? All of them play the same type of blitzing defenses with great pass rushers that we just played. We're fooked.

Overtime
11-09-2009, 11:57 PM
we need to bring in Edgerrin James (recently released by Seattle) or Larry Johnson (released by KC) for a tryout, because this running game is not working with Buckhalter and Moreno...if we're to have a 2nd half push for the playoffs, we gotta get a rock solid running game.

Timmy!
11-09-2009, 11:58 PM
Honestly, Tned - gut feeling - do you think we can beat the Chargers, Giants, or Colts with the way the offense is playing right now? All of them play the same type of blitzing defenses with great pass rushers that we just played. We're fooked.

Yup. fooked. Lets say we lose to the giants, chargers and colts. 11-5? Foooooked. :laugh:

Shazam!
11-09-2009, 11:59 PM
Honestly, Tned - gut feeling - do you think we can beat the Chargers, Giants, or Colts with the way the offense is playing right now?

I take it you did not see the NYG/SD game yesterday. The Giants are awful. SD looked no better.

Wanna talk collapse? After starting 5-0. the NYG are sudenly on a 4 game skid. They did everything they could to hand SD the W. I saw the whole game and SD shot themselves all day. Both of those teams are no perennial worldbeaters and mark my words, the Broncos could beat them both, as they have SD already.

silkamilkamonico
11-09-2009, 11:59 PM
No panic button, but....

Our oline got dominated by Pittsburgh's second dline unit considering their starters were out with injuries or at least 2 of them were. Nick Eason? Really?

Knowshon Moreno? Where's Beanie Wells when you need him.

I still really love our defense.

titan
11-10-2009, 12:00 AM
If at the beginning of the season you'd tell me the Broncos would be 6-2 with a win in San Diego I'd say "I'll take it!"

That said there is cause for concern:

Orton should have had 3 interceptions last week against the Ravens. Baltimore dropped easy interceptions. The Steelers didn't drop the interceptions tonight.

OFfensive line just overpowered by the Steelers - no run game.

Knowshown is supposed to be a good blocker - didn't show it tonight. Don't know if any back could have done much against the Steelers.

Secondary is much improved but a good qb can make plays against them - broncos secondary experienced vets but can be beat by speed

I don't think next week's game at Washington is a "gimme". I watched alot of the Washington/Atlanta game and the Redskins played better than earlier in the year. Add that it's a road game and the Broncos have a short week of practice and it'll be a challenge.

Still if the Broncos win at Washington I like their chances against SD at home.

NameUsedBefore
http://astronomy.neatherd.org/NASA%20Web%20pics/Red%20button.jpg

Requiem / The Dagda
Beanie Wells is a bitch Silk. Moreno is rushing behind a shitty LG, shitty right side and Weigmann has played like he has sand in his butt all year. GO KNOW!!!

Shazam!
11-10-2009, 12:01 AM
Denver still has had problems with all the bullish physical teams the last decade or so and can get pushed around. Doom looked like he was getting beat up by his big brother on occasion or something.

This team is not going to go 6-10 guys. The train is still on track.

Tned
11-10-2009, 12:03 AM

Chargers yes, Giants maybe, Colts probably not.

Those teams don't have front seven's as dominant as Baltimore and Pitt. Closer to NE/Dallas/SD who we have already beaten.

silkamilkamonico
11-10-2009, 12:04 AM
Beanie Wells is a bitch Silk. Moreno is rushing behind a shitty LG, shitty right side and Weigmann has played like he has sand in his butt all year. GO KNOW!!!

I hope you're right man and I'll gladly admit I'm wrong when he turns the corner, but it just doesn't look like he runs very hard through contact. Beanie Wells looks a little like a poor version of Adrian Peterson and runs with a mean streak.

Our interior of our line is absolute shit though, I completely agree. That better be a priority during the offseason.

BigSarge87
11-10-2009, 12:05 AM
we need to bring in Edgerrin James (recently released by Seattle) or Larry Johnson (released by KC) for a tryout, because this running game is not working with Buckhalter and Moreno...if we're to have a 2nd half push for the playoffs, we gotta get a rock solid running game.

I still think Hillis runs with the passion and heart we need to improve in that area.

Moreno is an awesome talent, the dude is just thinking too much instead of relying on his instincts.

Northman
11-10-2009, 12:15 AM
No excuses, to be the best you have to beat the best.

New England was 11-5 last year and got left out which is a rarity. They are a good team this year, so is Dallas and Cincy. Throw in the towel if you like though.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-10-2009, 12:18 AM

Those teams don't have front seven's as dominant as Baltimore and Pitt. Closer to NE/Dallas/SD who we have already beaten.

Except, that those teams didn't know what to expect at the time. We beat one of those teams in OT, another with a great effort by Eddie Royal, and the third on a great individual effort by Marshall.

Everyone knows exactly how to beat us now. The Ravens got beat up by the Bengals this week. The mighty Ravens defense that handed our offense their ass looked pretty bad out there. You don't have to have a great defense to load up the box, stuff the run and blitz KO like crazy on passing downs knowuing that he'll throw a 5 yard checkdown on 3rd and 10 or take a sack.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-10-2009, 12:21 AM
New England was 11-5 last year and got left out which is a rarity. They are a good team this year, so is Dallas and Cincy. Throw in the towel if you like though.

It's not about "throwing in the towel", it's about staring down the barrel of the biggest deficiency I've EVER seen at QB for the Broncos. I can't remember a Broncos defense this good since the 70's. Even the SB defenses weren't this good. But I also can't remember a Broncos offense this inept. Our secondary is OLD, they won't be around for a few more seasons while we "work out the kinks" at QB. We need to win now with the personnel grouping we have.

I'd take Brian Griese, Jake Plummer, or Tommy Maddux over Orton. RIGHT NOW! I'm not being sarcastic.

Once again, they've already exceeded my exspectations, but as a fan, i'm not going to sit here and rest on my laurels and say that just because we "tried hard" that i'm happy about it or that the defense played great in a loss so it's ok. BS. Fix the offensive problems, McD, if it means Sims gets the start, so be it.

Tned
11-10-2009, 12:24 AM
Except, that those teams didn't know what to expect at the time. We beat one of those teams in OT, another with a great effort by Eddie Royal, and the third on a great individual effort by Marshall.

Everyone knows exactly how to beat us now. The Ravens got beat up by the Bengals this week. The mighty Ravens defense that handed our offense their ass looked pretty bad out there. You don't have to have a great defense to load up the box, stuff the run and blitz KO like crazy on passing downs knowuing that he'll throw a 5 yard checkdown on 3rd and 10 or take a sack.

That's why they play the games. I've said it before and will say it again. I don't buy into the "blueprint" theories. NFL games are won and lost based on matchups, game plans and execution. Even if a team has a 'blueprint' which would come under game plan), they still have to have the players that matchup like the team they stole the blueprint from, and their players have to be good enough to execute it.

We just played two of the best front sevens in the NFL, which exposed our O-line and run game. Most, if not all, of the remaining teams don't have front sevens like those teams. that doesn't mean they don't have good defenses, just that they won't match up in the same way as Baltimore and Pitt.

Northman
11-10-2009, 12:27 AM
It's not about "throwing in the towel", it's about staring down the barrel of the biggest deficiency I've EVER seen at QB for the Broncos. I can't remember a Broncos defense this good since the 70's. Even the SB defenses weren't this good. But I also can't remember a Broncos offense this inept.

I'd take Brian Griese, Jake Plummer, or Tommy Maddux over Orton. RIGHT NOW! I'm not being sarcastic.

Careful what you wish for. If Plummer were here we wouldnt be 6-2. Although Jake and Kyle share a similiar scheme of how they run this team Jake was far more careless with the football so i highly doubt we would be 6-2 at this point with him at the helm. Even if we had Cutler we may have gotten a couple more TD's but we would of gotten a couple of more INT's to go along with it. Cutler is not Elite and still has bad mechanics in his game as far as taking care of the ball. No doubt Orton stunk it up tonight but part of the reason we are 6-2 is because he has been taking care of the ball. It just wasnt meant to be tonight.

Tned
11-10-2009, 12:30 AM
Careful what you wish for. If Plummer were here we wouldnt be 6-2. Although Jake and Kyle share a similiar scheme of how they run this team Jake was far more careless with the football so i highly doubt we would be 6-2 at this point with him at the helm. Even if we had Cutler we may have gotten a couple more TD's but we would of gotten a couple of more INT's to go along with it. Cutler is not Elite and still has bad mechanics in his game as far as taking care of the ball. No doubt Orton stunk it up tonight but part of the reason we are 6-2 is because he has been taking care of the ball. It just wasnt meant to be tonight.

There really is no way to know. I believe Plummer had a longer INT free streak than Cutler or Orton have ever had in their career.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-10-2009, 12:32 AM
That's why they play the games. I've said it before and will say it again. I don't buy into the "blueprint" theories. NFL games are won and lost based on matchups, game plans and execution. Even if a team has a 'blueprint' which would come under game plan), they still have to have the players that matchup like the team they stole the blueprint from, and their players have to be good enough to execute it.

We just played two of the best front sevens in the NFL, which exposed our O-line and run game. Most, if not all, of the remaining teams don't have front sevens like those teams. that doesn't mean they don't have good defenses, just that they won't match up in the same way as Baltimore and Pitt.

But we KNEW going in that the Ravens secondary was soft and had given up a ton of yeards and TDs through the air. We didn't try to take advantage of it, it was KO/McD 5 yard dumpoff same as usual. We did it again tonight. KO didn't even attempt a pass over 20 yds - even when the o-line was giving him time in the first half. It's not going to change.

Tned
11-10-2009, 12:33 AM
But we KNEW going in that the Ravens secondary was soft and had given up a ton of yeards and TDs through the air. We didn't try to take advantage of it, it was KO/McD 5 yard dumpoff same as usual. We did it again tonight. KO didn't even attempt a pass over 20 yds - even when the o-line was giving him time in the first half. It's not going to change.

Well, I'm gong to choose to wait until we play the games before chalking them up as losses.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-10-2009, 12:34 AM

Plummer could at least throw it more than 10 yards! He wasn't the most accurate long ball thrower (I was never a Plummer fan, BTW), but at least he'd take his shots from time to time. he was also very good at escaping the rush and using his feet to buy time. Orton can't throw on the run to save his ass.

Ravage!!!
11-10-2009, 12:35 AM

I'm not worried about the blitzing defenses, personally. Our offense hasn't scored well on any defens this year (may Cleveland's). Cinci....Dallas...NE... SD (without the kick returns)...Baltimore...Pitt. If it wasn't for our defense holding teams to nearly nill points in the second half...our 10 points (or fewer) in the second half of games (Cinci, Oakland, Dallas, NE, Baltimore, Pitt) just won't be enough... imo.

Northman
11-10-2009, 12:37 AM
There really is no way to know. I believe Plummer had a longer INT free streak than Cutler or Orton have ever had in their career.

Maybe. But we both know that when the line broke down and the running game stalled (AFCCG) Plummer became exposed and had 4 turnovers to his credit. This game was a little reminiscent of that game.

HORSEPOWER 56
Well, I'm gong to choose to wait until we play the games before chalking them up as losses.

Understandable, but if the offense falls flat in Washington next week, a change will be necessary. We'll probably win, but it'll probably be a whopping 9-6 FG festival. mark my words, now that teams know how to challenge Orton and realize the scheme, they will use it until we do something different.

Ravage!!!
Plummer could at least throw it more than 10 yards! He wasn't the most accurate long ball thrower (I was never a Plummer fan, BTW), but at least he'd take his shots from time to time. he was also very good at escaping the rush and using his feet to buy time. Orton can't throw on the run to save his ass.

RIght now, I honestly feel that Orton needs to have a game where he throws an INT and we win.... just so he's not SO afraid to put the ball down the field and take a chance. I feel he's SOOO worried about throwing the INT, that he checks down fast...hitting the 'sure and safe' pass. Problem is, those 'sure' passes just don't press a defense.

Tned
11-10-2009, 12:40 AM
Maybe. But we both know that when the line broke down and the running game stalled (AFCCG) Plummer became exposed and had 4 turnovers to his credit. This game was a little reminiscent of that game.

I posted it was very reminiscent. Our line was worse then and our defense MUCH worse (but looked similar in the second half). Like the AFCCG, we couldn't run the ball, but still expected play action to work.

That aside, I am always amazed when people use one game (what you and I are both saying shouldn't be done after tonight's loss) to say Jake couldn't get it done. In a three year stretch, only Brady and Manning had more wins than Jake and the Broncos.

It's simply a case of the "grass is greener" syndrome, and then finding out it isn't.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-10-2009, 12:40 AM
RIght now, I honestly feel that Orton needs to have a game where he throws an INT and we win.... just so he's not SO afraid to put the ball down the field and take a chance. I feel he's SOOO worried about throwing the INT, that he checks down fast...hitting the 'sure and safe' pass. Problem is, those 'sure' passes just don't press a defense.

Shit Rav, now that he's throwing them on his safe passes, i think his confidence is going to take a major hit. I don't think he's goiong to get better which, to me, means we need to get the running game going at full strength. Put Hillis or Larsen back in the game to lead block and pound the ball a little. Short passing is fine, but it can't be the only thing you do. Even Drew Brees gets help from the running game.

Northman
11-10-2009, 12:44 AM
I posted it was very reminiscent. Our line was worse then and our defense MUCH worse (but looked similar in the second half). Like the AFCCG, we couldn't run the ball, but still expected play action to work.

That aside, I am always amazed when people use one game (what you and I are both saying shouldn't be done after tonight's loss) to say Jake couldn't get it done. In a three year stretch, only Brady and Manning had more wins than Jake and the Broncos.

It's simply a case of the "grass is greener" syndrome, and then finding out it isn't.

Oh yea, i was one of those at one time. I still find a lot of faults in Jake's game but there's no question now that he should of never been benched. I dont think we would have gotten to the playoffs as Jake had pretty much packed it in but it just seemed to suck the life out of the veterans on the team.

dogfish
11-10-2009, 12:48 AM
Let's be honest here.

The last two weeks, Denver lost to two teams that are intact from the 2008 AFC Championship game and the Super Bowl champs to boot. Both teams can score and while the Broncos are better all around, they still have shown they can get dominated on the Line on both sides of the ball. Baltimore and Pitt are two of the most physical teams in the League.

Orton looked awful but he spent almost the whole 2nd half of the game running for his life.

McDaniels needs to change things up on the offense too. Those constant straight into the Line runs aren't working and Moreno is becoming a liability.

I miss Kern too. Ugh.

Denver is an improved team. Hopefully this week they make a few adjustments on both sides and demonstrate their earlier form and play better in Washington.

I think we'll all agree the Broncos will beat the 'Skins next week. If they don't, then I'll hit the panic button.

Even if they go .500 the rest of the way, that's still 10 wins. I said earlier in the offseason and preseason, 9-7 would be a successful season, and they can go beyond that.

As far as SD catching up, the NYG all but gave them the win yesterday in NJ. I was unfortunate enough to see the whole game, and as we all know, they are not some world-beater that these jerkoffs at ESPN say they are every year.

Losses like these, especially back to back suck. It will test McD and prepare him for his future. I'm not throwing in the towel yet. I'm sure the team isn't. Don't you do it either.

Go Broncos :defense:

completely agreed-- we're still a good team! we don't look like a great team anymore-- we've come back down to earth with a few losses, but it was inevitable at some point. . . was anyone really convinced that this roster was the equivalent of '98, that we were going to rip off ten or twelve wins in a row? come on now. . . we've had our weaknesses exposed, and it's time for the coaching staff to respond with some adjustments. . . specifically, i'm looking at mcdaniels-- he needs to at least open up the passing game enough to back off the safeties a little bit, and he needs to find some semblance of a running game. . . JMO, but i think it's time to go back to the ZBS as our base schem in the run game. . . it's what our personnel is suited to, plain and simple. . . these traps and dives ain't doin' shit! so quit calling them, and let the players play to their strengths. . . last year we rushed for 4.8 yards per carry with this exact same line and an inferior group of tailbacks to what we have now. . . granted, we don't have the fear of cutler's gun and an aggressive downfield passing game to loosen things up underneath, but i don't believe for a second that we can't run the ball better than we are now with some better playcalling. . .

i mean, we had like twenty-some gat damn yards tonight! that's unacceptable under any circumstances, i don't care what defense you're playing against. . . .

It's not about "throwing in the towel", it's about staring down the barrel of the biggest deficiency I've EVER seen at QB for the Broncos. I can't remember a Broncos defense this good since the 70's. Even the SB defenses weren't this good. But I also can't remember a Broncos offense this inept. Our secondary is OLD, they won't be around for a few more seasons while we "work out the kinks" at QB. We need to win now with the personnel grouping we have.

Once again, they've already exceeded my exspectations, but as a fan, i'm not going to sit here and rest on my laurels and say that just because we "tried hard" that i'm happy about it or that the defense played great in a loss so it's ok. BS. Fix the offensive problems, McD, if it means Sims gets the start, so be it.

aw, come on HP-- that's cold, man. . . how you gonna put it all on orton when our running game looks like cherry creek high school and the playcaller won't dial up a single play beyond ten or fifteen yards the whole game? the guy had to throw SOME picks this year, even the HOF greats do. . . looked to me like he got happy feet early, and had a few balls sail on him because he wasn't stepping into his throws (that pick-six was a prime example). . . admitted, he has to hang in there and deal with the fact that the protection isn't going to be perfect every snap, but the interior OL needs to stpe their game up, too, and the coaching staff needs find a way to stretch the field a litle bit-- and a way to run for more than twenty-some or fifty-some yards a game. . .

Tned
11-10-2009, 12:51 AM
Oh yea, i was one of those at one time. I still find a lot of faults in Jake's game but there's no question now that he should of never been benched. I dont think we would have gotten to the playoffs as Jake had pretty much packed it in but it just seemed to suck the life out of the veterans on the team.

My issue was earlier in the season. Once we implemented the Heimdinger offense, we should have thrown Cutler in right away. IMO, we should have either continue running the scheme that had been so successful with Jake the previous three years, and give Cutler a year learning from the sidelines, or changed the scheme like we did, to one suited to a QB like Cutler, and then just thrown Cutler in.

As I have said so many times, it's a coach/cordinators job to develop schemes and call plays that will give the players on the field the best chance to win. We didn't do that with Plummer in '06, and we didn't do it when Bates was calling the defensive plays (I believe '07).

It's also why I think it's hard to compare how x QB would do if he was playing for the Broncos this season. There are so many factors that could/should change if a different QB was under center, and there is nothing we can use to know who would be more successfull.

LoyalSoldier
11-10-2009, 12:56 AM
You're right it isn't time to panic and at the same time it isn't a time to sugar coat problems that have been an underlying trend.

People have criticized me for pointing out our flaws even in the games we won, but boy now do those flaws look ever so big. This is still a good team, but our weaknesses were exploited and exploited big time the last two games. This could be the last time we have seen these problems and I truly hope that is the case, but once the cat is out of the bag we can expect problems to ensue. That was our problem last year with the offense where after the first few games the teams knew how to slow down the offense.

Ravage!!!
11-10-2009, 12:56 AM
Don't you guys think that the OL is having problems with their blocking assignments... BECAUSE of the lack of downfield pressure? Its easy for a defense to run stunts, blitz, corner/saftety pressure when they know the ball isn't going to be put DOWN the field. Seem our OL is constantly having to deal with a lot of twisting stunts with LB blitzes because they know the short pass is their only threat.

So I think its a give-take. The OL is strugglign right now that may be hurting the downfield passing, but the lack of downfield pressure is REALLY putting the pressure on our OL.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-10-2009, 01:00 AM
completely agreed-- we're still a good team! we don't look like a great team anymore-- we've come back down to earth with a few losses, but it was inevitable at some point. . . was anyone really convinced that this roster was the equivalent of '98, that we were going to rip off ten or twelve wins in a row? come on now. . . we've had our weaknesses exposed, and it's time for the coaching staff to respond with some adjustments. . . specifically, i'm looking at mcdaniels-- he needs to at least open up the passing game enough to back off the safeties a little bit, and he needs to find some semblance of a running game. . . JMO, but i think it's time to go back to the ZBS as our base schem in the run game. . . it's what our personnel is suited to, plain and simple. . . these traps and dives ain't doin' shit! so quit calling them, and let the players play to their strengths. . . last year we rushed for 4.8 yards per carry with this exact same line and an inferior group of tailbacks to what we have now. . . granted, we don't have the fear of cutler's gun and an aggressive downfield passing game to loosen things up underneath, but i don't believe for a second that we can't run the ball better than we are now with some better playcalling. . .

i mean, we had like twenty-some gat damn yards tonight! that's unacceptable under any circumstances, i don't care what defense you're playing against. . . .

aw, come on HP-- that's cold, man. . . how you gonna put it all on orton when our running game looks like cherry creek high school and the playcaller won't dial up a single play beyond ten or fifteen yards the whole game? the guy had to throw SOME picks this year, even the HOF greats do. . . looked to me like he got happy feet early, and had a few balls sail on him because he wasn't stepping into his throws (that pick-six was a prime example). . . admitted, he has to hang in there and deal with the fact that the protection isn't going to be perfect every snap, but the interior OL needs to stpe their game up, too, and the coaching staff needs find a way to stretch the field a litle bit-- and a way to run for more than twenty-some or fifty-some yards a game. . .

Maybe I'm a little rough on him, but I don't see a competitor in Orton. There isn't a guy there playing to win, there's a guy playing not to lose. Your QB has to compete and play to win. From the very 1st possesion, Orton sat alone on the bench with his head down. Big Ben was over on his side firing up his offense. Orton was playing scared. He did it last week, he did it again this week.

Like I said after last week's game, not all routes are 5 yards or less, he just doen't take the chance to make a play. He takes the easy, high percentage throws, which is fine when you have a comfortable lead, not when you are getting beaten.

I want this guy to show me some fire! I want him in his WRs face when they drop balls and in his O-line's face when he gets sacked. I want to see him talking to his offense after a turnover or 3 and out and getting them excited for their next possesion. I saw McD whipping him like a dog on the sidelines after a few series and he just sat there like a 5 year old getting scolded.

Is he a nice guy? You bet! It's a shame that there's no Lady Bying Trophy for the player with the best sportsmanship for him at the end of the year, but the dude was given the keys to the second most potent offense in the league last year and even on good days can only muster 20 points at best. that's more than scheme, it's more than the O-line or the running game, that's leadership on the field. Orton's just not a field general. Our offense is young, unlike the defense, and needs leadership, poise, and moxy. i haven't seen any of those qualities from Orton. he looks like he's just punching the clock out there. GO PLAY SOME DAMNED FOOTBALL, KYLE!!

sneakers

If you keep them up there long enough, they turn into pearls.

Northman
Don't you guys think that the OL is having problems with their blocking assignments... BECAUSE of the lack of downfield pressure? Its easy for a defense to run stunts, blitz, corner/saftety pressure when they know the ball isn't going to be put DOWN the field. Seem our OL is constantly having to deal with a lot of twisting stunts with LB blitzes because they know the short pass is their only threat.

So I think its a give-take. The OL is strugglign right now that may be hurting the downfield passing, but the lack of downfield pressure is REALLY putting the pressure on our OL.

Valid point but i still think the lack of the running game is hurting the worst. Mendenhall made Ben's life easy as pie tonight much like Rice did for Flacco. When there is no threat of a run game (something that used to be a major factor in Denver) defenses can simply rush the Qb at will no matter if he is throwing long or short.

Ravage!!!
11-10-2009, 01:05 AM
Valid point but i still think the lack of the running game is hurting the worst. Mendenhall made Ben's life easy as pie tonight much like Rice did for Flacco. When there is no threat of a run game (something that used to be a major factor in Denver) defenses can simply rush the Qb at will no matter if he is throwing long or short.

TOTALLY agree. But I've heard a lot of great coaches say that the misconception is that the run sets up the passing game, when in reality its the pass that sets up the run game.

It seems, to me, that the defenses are putting people close (just said this in other thread, sorry for repeat)... to stop the run, and/or tackle our receivers quickly after the short pass. So as a result.. everyone is CLOSE to the LoS.. which makes it harder to determine where the blitzers are coming from.. and makes it easier on them to blitz and be THERE faster. To me, its a 'no wonder' the OL is strugggling with this.

weazel
11-10-2009, 01:10 AM
I'm not going to panic, next week should be a win...

Washington = win, should be an easy game.
SD = loss
Giants = loss
KC = loss
IND = loss, embarrassment
OAK = loss, we have a knack of losing to them at home
PHIL = loss
KC = win

Go 2-6 to close out the season and end up 8-8. A lot like last season, except our offense can't do anything but 8 yard slants and the occasional screen.

I hate the fans that sold their tickets to Pitt fans, but to be honest, I cant blame them for not wanting to watch these games. It's pretty frustrating.

Timmy!
11-10-2009, 01:13 AM

SD = loss
Giants = loss
KC = loss
PHIL = loss
KC = win

Go 2-6 to close out the season and end up 8-8. A lot like last season, except our offense can't do anything but 8 yard slants and the occasional screen.

I hate the fans that sold their tickets to Pitt fans, but to be honest, I cant blame them for not wanting to watch these games. It's pretty frustrating.

:lol:

Reality calling, please pick up the phone. The Broncos will not go 8-8.

Northman
11-10-2009, 01:17 AM
TOTALLY agree. But I've heard a lot of great coaches say that the misconception is that the run sets up the passing game, when in reality its the pass that sets up the run game.

It seems, to me, that the defenses are putting people close (just said this in other thread, sorry for repeat)... to stop the run, and/or tackle our receivers quickly after the short pass. So as a result.. everyone is CLOSE to the LoS.. which makes it harder to determine where the blitzers are coming from.. and makes it easier on them to blitz and be THERE faster. To me, its a 'no wonder' the OL is strugggling with this.

Well, i dont know how much of the bolded part is true but in my experience watching football it really depends on the team and not so much the system. But its not hard to see that you have a point considering what we see from the Bengals, Cowboys, Colts, Patriots, Saints, etc. They all have great passing games that can easily setup their running attacks. But there are still a few teams out there that are the direct opposite and i believe Denver is one of them. Orton is just not on the same level as those teams Qb's and i think for us to be remotely successful at scoring we need to have a dominant running game again. It sucks that we spent our first #1 draft pick on a RB and yet it hasnt panned out the way most of us thought it would. I dont pin it all on Moreno and maybe the blocking scheme change is a big part of it. Either way, McD will need to find a way to fix the running game. I just cant fathom that McD believes he has a Tom Brady in Kyle Orton. At least i hope not.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-10-2009, 01:17 AM

SD = loss
Giants = loss
KC = loss
PHIL = loss
KC = win

That's about what I was thinking except we'll probably beat Oakland and end up 9-7, lose the division to SD (who has an easier schedule from here on out) and miss out on the wild card. The salt in the wound will be losing one to a pathetic KC team. But hey, Cassel has found his new best buddy in Chris Chambers, at least they can score points.

Northman
11-10-2009, 01:19 AM

SD = loss
Giants = loss
KC = loss
PHIL = loss
KC = win

Ouch. Im not quite on board with all that.

Washington = win
SD = loss
Giants = loss
KC = win
IND = loss
OAK = win
PHIL = loss
KC = win

I just really dont see us losing too KC and Oakland this year. This isnt a Shanahan run team and even the Chargers game at home i think we can win just so as long as we get back to basics.

Ravage!!!
11-10-2009, 01:20 AM
Even when we won the SB.. we lost to the Chiefs at Arrowhead. I just never take a sweep of the Chiefs or Oakland for granted. Shanahan isn't the only coach that 'splits' with division rivals.

weazel
11-10-2009, 01:21 AM
:lol:

Reality calling, please pick up the phone. The Broncos will not go 8-8.

Timmy, WTH do you see in this team that say's otherwise? Even when trailing late in the game, we can not and will not throw deep. There is no way this team can run the ball effectively or gain big chunks of field by either throwing or kicking the ball. We have to hope the defense gets 3 turnovers a game and scores for the offense. It is very frustrating to watch...

weazel
11-10-2009, 01:23 AM
Ouch. Im not quite on board with all that.

Washington = win
SD = loss
Giants = loss
KC = win
IND = loss
OAK = win
PHIL = loss
KC = win

I just really dont see us losing too KC and Oakland this year. This isnt a Shanahan run team and even the Chargers game at home i think we can win just so as long as we get back to basics.

Beating both of the division rivals outright is pretty wishful thinking. Oakland was worse last year than they are now and we lost to them at home.

shank
11-10-2009, 01:25 AM

if you sell tickets to your 6-1 team's home games then you should spend an eternity motorboating slim after he runs 3 miles in his cheese-bra.

Northman
11-10-2009, 01:27 AM
Beating both of the division rivals outright is pretty wishful thinking. Oakland was worse last year than they are now and we lost to them at home.

With a far worse defense. I just dont see Marshmellow man and company beating us at home this year. Maybe we lose to KC at Arrowhead but i really dont see that either.

Timmy!
11-10-2009, 01:30 AM
That's about what I was thinking except we'll probably beat Oakland and end up 9-7, lose the division to SD (who has an easier schedule from here on out) and miss out on the wild card. The salt in the wound will be losing one to a pathetic KC team. But hey, Cassel has found his new best buddy in Chris Chambers, at least they can score points.

What?! Um, no. The current record of Denver's remaining schedule: 29-36. Chargers: 28-36. Each team plays 4 more teams with winning records. Looks pretty friggin even to me. Cassel and Chambers can score points? really? Did you actually watch the KC game Sunday? Ask KCL what she thinks about their potent offense. :rolleyes:

Timmy!
11-10-2009, 01:35 AM
Timmy, WTH do you see in this team that say's otherwise? Even when trailing late in the game, we can not and will not throw deep. There is no way this team can run the ball effectively or gain big chunks of field by either throwing or kicking the ball. We have to hope the defense gets 3 turnovers a game and scores for the offense. It is very frustrating to watch...

A 6-2 record. A good defense. Losing to 2 good teams that were in the AFCCG last year doesn't mean we totally suck. Do you honestly think we won't make any adjustments? We play the 4 teams with a combined record of 6-26! Do you honestly think we SPLIT those games and lose the other 4 as well? WTH do you see in a 6-2 team that has easily defeated all inferior teams to think that?

Oh wait...nevermind. You're right. We are horrible. We should move the team to Las Vegas. :rolleyes:

Some fans just cannot get a grip after a harsh loss to the world champions I guess.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-10-2009, 01:40 AM
What?! Um, no. The current record of Denver's remaining schedule: 29-36. Chargers: 28-36. Each team plays 4 more teams with winning records. Looks pretty friggin even to me. Cassel and Chambers can score points? really? Did you actually watch the KC game Sunday? Ask KCL what she thinks about their potent offense. :rolleyes:

Sad that the two of them scored more points together in one half than the entire Broncos offense has in two games, huh?

One or two big plays that the defense gives up because they're averaging probably 40 mins a game on the field puts us in a 14 point hole. Can we catch up to anyone down 14? We're not playing the Cleveland Browns every week.

Poet
11-10-2009, 01:41 AM
No panic button, but....

Our oline got dominated by Pittsburgh's second dline unit considering their starters were out with injuries or at least 2 of them were. Nick Eason? Really?

Knowshon Moreno? Where's Beanie Wells when you need him.

I still really love our defense.

Pittsburgh is always deep on defensive lineman. Their replacement, Brett Keisel is a very good player who would start on most 3-4 teams. Pittsburgh opts for their rotation on the offensive line. They have great depth on the d-line and their 3-4 d-line as is tonight is still one of the best 3-4 lines in all of football.

Beanie Wells wasn't going to do anything against Pittsburgh. Adrian Peterson didn't even get 70 yards on them, what did you really think Moreno was going to do?

You ran smack into one of the league's elite teams.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-10-2009, 01:42 AM
A 6-2 record. A good defense. Losing to 2 good teams that were in the AFCCG last year doesn't mean we totally suck. Do you honestly think we won't make any adjustments? We play the 4 teams with a combined record of 6-26! Do you honestly think we SPLIT those games and lose the other 4 as well? WTH do you see in a 6-2 team that has easily defeated all inferior teams to think that?

Oh wait...nevermind. You're right. We are horrible. We should move the team to Las Vegas. :rolleyes:

Some fans just cannot get a grip after a harsh loss to the world champions I guess.

You're half right. Our offense sucks. Can things get fixed? i think so, but if they don't, i wouldn't expect much. It sucks to start a season 6-0 and miss the playoffs. That's where we're heading right now if the offense continues to play like it is.

West
11-10-2009, 01:43 AM

Its not their fault when the DTs are pushing the guards and center back into the running back.

Our backs are fine.

Timmy!
11-10-2009, 01:48 AM
Sad that the two of them scored more points together in one half than the entire Broncos offense has in two games, huh?

One or two big plays that the defense gives up because they're averaging probably 40 mins a game on the field puts us in a 14 point hole. Can we catch up to anyone down 14? We're not playing the Cleveland Browns every week.

Ya. That's logical. I forgot that we are playing the Ravens and Steelers defense every week from here on out. :rolleyes: Sure it sucks to play from behind. Tell me again how many games we have been down 14 this season to inferior teams? Oh wait....none. The two time were did get down that far the game was basically over. Nevermind being behind against the Pats, Cowboys, and Chargers at halftime. Those games just don't matter anymore because the Broncos have lost 2 in a row.

Seriously, you guys are friggin killing me. I more than acknowledge our issues, but thinking the Broncos go 2-6 in the next 8 is effing retarded. Did you not see our upcoming schedule? The hardest part is behind us, and we're 6-2. I guess some people just like to piss all over everything. Careful of that electric fence boys.

OrangeHoof
11-10-2009, 01:48 AM
Did anyone really expect a team with so much changeover to dominate good teams overnight? If we win the division and are one-and-done in the playoffs, that more than exceeds my expectations coming into the season.

The Broncos haven't been able to man up against physical teams since the...well, forever. They've always been undersized and prone to getting pushed around by physical teams. The AFC North is the Lunchpail Division where you bring your hard hat and duke it out - not exactly Denver's specialty, particularly when the refs spent all night swallowing their whistles.

I think they'll beat Washington and have a decent shot against everyone left on the schedule except maybe the Colts. But they do need to get some swagger back and they need to be two-dimensional on offense again.

Timmy!
11-10-2009, 01:50 AM
You're half right. Our offense sucks. Can things get fixed? i think so, but if they don't, i wouldn't expect much. It sucks to start a season 6-0 and miss the playoffs. That's where we're heading right now if the offense continues to play like it is.

That's fair. You're right, if the offense plays like this the rest of the way the Broncos are in deep crap. I just don't see that being the case though as I don't think the offense sucks, but some adjustments need to be made, for sure. I'm not saying 12-4, but 10-6 or 11-5 is far from a pipe dream. The Broncos have crushed the teams they should crush, and are 3-2 against potential playoff teams. With a much weaker schedule in the 2nd half than the Broncos have faced in the 1st half, I like our chances. :beer:

OrangeHoof
11-10-2009, 01:57 AM
I'm not normally one to bitch about the officiating but...

Our punter gets clobbered while his leg is up in the air and is clearly defenseless and that nets a five yard "running into the kicker" penalty? Really?

Pittsburgh's punter hits our return man about two miles out of bounds and there's no flag even when the Bronco sideline was clearly pointing it out.

Then the worst of all, Harrison gets a helmet-to-helmet shot on Buckhalter that knocks him into next week and there's no flag. Near the end of the game when it's garbage time and he doesn't need to do that and all everyone can do is marvel at what a great player Harrison is. If that doesn't get a fine from Park Ave. this week, McDaniels needs to send a nastygram to NYC. That was a clear foul and I guarandamntee you if John Lynch had done that to anyone the past few years, he'd be flagged, fined and everyone would talk about what a dirty player he was.

sneakers
11-10-2009, 02:00 AM

Our punter gets clobbered while his leg is up in the air and is clearly defenseless and that nets a five yard "running into the kicker" penalty? Really?

Pittsburgh's punter hits our return man about two miles out of bounds and there's no flag even when the Bronco sideline was clearly pointing it out.

Then the worst of all, Harrison gets a helmet-to-helmet shot on Burkhalter that knocks him into next week and there's no flag. Near the end of the game when it's garbage time and he doesn't need to do that and all everyone can do is marvel at what a great player Harrison is. If that doesn't get a fine from Park Ave. this week, McDaniels needs to send a nastygram to NYC. That was a clear foul and I guarandamntee you if John Lynch had done that to anyone the past few years, he'd be flagged, fined and everyone would talk about what a dirty player he was.

Harrison is a piece of shit, and he has never been to the white house either.

Timmy!
11-10-2009, 02:00 AM

Then the worst of all, Harrison gets a helmet-to-helmet shot on Burkhalter that knocks him into next week and there's no flag. Near the end of the game when it's garbage time and he doesn't need to do that and all everyone can do is marvel at what a great player Harrison is. If that doesn't get a fine from Park Ave. this week, McDaniels needs to send a nastygram to NYC. That was a clear foul and I guarandamntee you if John Lynch had done that to anyone the past few years, he'd be flagged, fined and everyone would talk about what a dirty player he was.

The officiating was questionable, to say the least, that's for sure, but no excuses. The Steelers spanked the Broncos in the 2nd half. Good teams take their lumps and bounce back to beat crappy teams. :D

HORSEPOWER 56
11-10-2009, 02:03 AM
Ya. That's logical. I forgot that we are playing the Ravens and Steelers defense every week from here on out. :rolleyes: Sure it sucks to play from behind. Tell me again how many games we have been down 14 this season to inferior teams? Oh wait....none. The two time were did get down that far the game was basically over. Nevermind being behind against the Pats, Cowboys, and Chargers at halftime. Those games just don't matter anymore because the Broncos have lost 2 in a row.

Seriously, you guys are friggin killing me. I more than acknowledge our issues, but thinking the Broncos go 2-6 in the next 8 is effing retarded. Did you not see our upcoming schedule? The hardest part is behind us, and we're 6-2. I guess some people just like to piss all over everything. Careful of that electric fence boys.

How many more "inferior teams" are out there? KC twice, Oakland once, Washington... and??? The 4-4 Ravens were "inferior" so were the 5-2 Steelers and they both took us behind the woodshed. These weren't close losses that we can learn from. These were the embarrasing type that Indy used to hang on us year after year.

The Chargers are going to gut us like fish in two weeks. The Giants, Eagles and Colts are going to do the same because they'll be vying for playoff positioning. So, out of 4 "should win" games we "should" end up 10-6. That may not be enough to win the division right now. If we lose even one of those games we're pretty much done for the playoffs and just playing spoiler.

Look at the schedule and do the math, we really don't match up well with any of the teams that have winning records on our schedule. I won't be surprised to see us lose all of those games unless our offense figures out what an endzone is and visits it more than once a game.

I'm glad you think the hardest part is behind us, because 4/8 of the teams we play next are playing better football than we are.

Timmy!
11-10-2009, 02:08 AM
How many more "inferior teams" are out there? KC twice, Oakland once, Washington... and??? The 4-4 Ravens were "inferior" so were the 5-2 Steelers and they both took us behind the woodshed. These weren't close losses that we can learn from. These were the embarrasing type that Indy used to hang on us year after year.

The Chargers are going to gut us like fish in two weeks. The Giants, Eagles and Colts are going to do the same because they'll be vying for playoff positioning. So, out of 4 "should win" games we "should" end up 10-6. That may not be enough to win the division right now. If we lose even one of those games we're pretty much done for the playoffs and just playing spoiler.

Look at the schedule and do the math, we really don't match up well with any of the teams that have winning records on our schedule. I won't be surprised to see us lose all of those games unless our offense figures out what an endzone is and visits it more than once a game.

I'm glad you think the hardest part is behind us, because 4/8 of the teams we play next are playing better football than we are.

Ya. I'm sorry. You're right. Everybody knows the Ravens and Steelers were "inferior" teams. Oh woe is me. Every single team the Broncos play the next 8 weeks are far superior than this pathetic excuse for a football team that is the Denver Broncos. 6-10 people. Just like we all thought. We have absolutely no chance of winning any more games this season. FML. I'm going to burn my computer and become a Sparklers fan. There is no hope.

so, if we win 4/8 we go 10-6. Horrible. **** this team. Kill me now.

Poet
11-10-2009, 02:09 AM

The Steelers were not inferior. Honestly I knew coming into the game that you guys would struggle against Pittsburgh. They had a sluggish start, that just means...nothing. At the end of the year most playoff teams will have hit a rough patch and gotten schooled. It's a league of parity.

The Chargers are not going to beat Denver. Yes, they have an amazing QB, other than that they aren't impressive. Will they roll over and die for you? No. Is their defense good? No. Is their offensive line good? No. Is their biggest playmaker a little midget who is nothing more than a glorified third down back? Sorta...Gates is still pretty good. ;)

The Broncos were playing better football than the Ravens coming into their game. Did that matter? No, it didn't and if you want I can comb through every week past week 3 and pick out games that prove my point. It's the NFL, you hit rough matchups. Trust me, you aren't going to find many better defensive players than Ngata and Hampton, let alone better defensive lineman.

Northman
11-10-2009, 02:12 AM
How many more "inferior teams" are out there? KC twice, Oakland once, Washington... and???

Hmmm, 6 plus 5 is 11 so thats 11 wins for us. Ill take it.

The 4-4 Ravens were "inferior" so were the 5-2 Steelers and they both took us behind the woodshed. These weren't close losses that we can learn from. These were the embarrasing type that Indy used to hang on us year after year.

Emm, not sure about that G. In the Indy games those were over by halftime. As for the losses to Pitt and Bmore, at least 2 Td's (one for each) came within the last few minutes of the ballgame which is essentially garbage time anyway. I guess both teams could of kneeled but the games were already over at that point.

The Chargers are going to gut us like fish in two weeks.

You mean like they did a few weeks ago. Oh, i know. They are much better now.

The Giants, Eagles and Colts are going to do the same because they'll be vying for playoff positioning.

Eagles and Giants are both beatable. Colts are damn good so i expect a loss there.

So, out of 4 "should win" games we "should" end up 10-6. That may not be enough to win the division right now. If we lose even one of those games we're pretty much done for the playoffs and just playing spoiler.

Even if this senario plays out, would you really complain? It would already be a far improvement from last year.

I wouldnt say Philly is playing lights out. Afterall, they did lose to Oakland. San Diego? They arent a shoe in and i like our chances at home.

Timmy!
11-10-2009, 02:16 AM
The Steelers were not inferior. Honestly I knew coming into the game that you guys would struggle against Pittsburgh. They had a sluggish start, that just means...nothing. At the end of the year most playoff teams will have hit a rough patch and gotten schooled. It's a league of parity.

The Chargers are not going to beat Denver. Yes, they have an amazing QB, other than that they aren't impressive. Will they roll over and die for you? No. Is their defense good? No. Is their offensive line good? No. Is their biggest playmaker a little midget who is nothing more than a glorified third down back? Sorta...Gates is still pretty good. ;)

The Broncos were playing better football than the Ravens coming into their game. Did that matter? No, it didn't and if you want I can comb through every week past week 3 and pick out games that prove my point. It's the NFL, you hit rough matchups. Trust me, you aren't going to find many better defensive players than Ngata and Hampton, let alone better defensive lineman.

Jeebus King. You're an effing idiot. How dare you give us a non Bronco fan's unbiased opinion. I hope you burn in hell for actually making any kind of sense. I damn you to hell sir. Only an idiot judges a team on their past 8 games, as apposed to their last 2. Who the **** do you think you are?! It's 100% obvious the Chargers, Patriots, Cowboys, aww screw that, even the Chiefs, Raiders, and maybe even the Browns are a better team than the lowly Broncos. 6-2? 6 and effing 2!!?! FAIL!!!!!

King, you are a terrible person, and know even less about football. Go eat some bacon and shut the eff up you miserable douche.

;)

Shazam!
11-10-2009, 02:21 AM
To those believing Denver will get their clocks cleaned by the NYG, I beg to differ.

I have to watch too much of that team than I would like every year. They can't stop anybody. SD shot themselves all day, the NYG got to Rivers (so did the Broncos) but the Giants just handed them the game. Their OLine sucks, SD's is just as bad (see what Denver did to Rivers too) and their secondary is a joke. I'm not saying the game is a lock, but it is far easier now than it looked in Week 3 or 4 when the NYG were on their 5-0 start.

You think Denver's 2 game slide is bad? Imagine being a NYG fan. The Giants went from 1st to 3rd place, a 5 game winning streak to a 4 game losing streak. They may not even make the Playoffs now. I said this when everyone was going on and on about how merciless their schedule was. Teams slide year to year, success one year doesn't mean it the next.

The Giants and Chargers games are very winnable especially because they're at home. @ Philly and Indy will be much tougher.

I expect them to go at least 2-1 vs. Jokeland and KC. That's 8 right there.

All wanted this year was a playoff contender. Denver is.

sneakers
11-10-2009, 02:23 AM
To those believing Denver will get their clocks cleaned by the NYG, I beg to differ.

I have watch too much of that team every year. They can't stop anybody. SD shot themselves all day, they got to Rivers (so did the Broncos) the Giants just handed them the game. Their OLine sucks and SD's is just as bad (see what tDenver did to Rivers too). I'm not saying the game is a lock, but it is far easier now than it looked in Week 3 or 4 when the NYG were on their 5-0 start.

You think Denver's 2 game slide is bad? The Giants went from 1st to 3rd place, a 5 game winning streak to a 4 game losing streak. They may not even make the Playoffs now. I said this when everyone was going on and on about how merciless their schedule was. Teams slide year to year, success one year doesn't mean it the next.

The Giants and Chargers games are very winnable especially because they're at home. @ Philly and Indy will be much tougher.

I expect them to go at least 2-1 vs. Jokeland and KC. That's 8 right there.

The Giants are playing worse football than we are.....at least our defense can hold an offense from scoring for 3 quarters and then implode.

Shazam!
11-10-2009, 02:26 AM
I think AZ averaged like 2.8 YPC and they ran for a 180+ vs. the NYG.

If the defense can give Eli fits, Royal, Marshall, and the Backs can really gouge them big time. If this team can keep any kind of consistency over the next two games, that one has the potential to get ugly. I tell you they're REEEEAAALLLY ****ING BAD.

Poet
11-10-2009, 02:28 AM
Shazam I think that the Giants secondary will get abused by your WRs. That being said I think the giants have a good enough pass rush to keep it close.

Timmy!
11-10-2009, 02:32 AM
Shazam I think that the Giants secondary will get abused by your WRs. That being said I think the giants have a good enough pass rush to keep it close.

If the Broncos can't run the Giants will kill them against the pass. Their secondary is indeed weak but Orton sucks if he is under pressure. That said, If the Broncos can make any sort of adjustment I like their chances. Some people seem to think that Orton has 3 TD passes this year, not 9.

Poet
11-10-2009, 02:36 AM
If the Broncos can't run the Giants will kill them against the pass. Their secondary is indeed weak but Orton sucks if he is under pressure. That said, If the Broncos can make any sort of adjustment I like their chances. Some people seem to think that Orton has 3 TD passes this year, not 9.

The Giants do not have the same scheme as the Steelers. Their pass rush stems from the defensive ends. The Steelers stems from their LBs which is set up by their DT. Basically the monsters on the Giants are matching up against your best offensive lineman whereas the Steelers monsters were able to use your weakness to their advantage.

Now as good as your tackles are Orton will get pressured, but not nearly as much as he was today.

Timmy!
11-10-2009, 02:39 AM
The Giants do not have the same scheme as the Steelers. Their pass rush stems from the defensive ends. The Steelers stems from their LBs which is set up by their DT. Basically the monsters on the Giants are matching up against your best offensive lineman whereas the Steelers monsters were able to use your weakness to their advantage.

Now as good as your tackles are Orton will get pressured, but not nearly as much as he was today.

Agreed. I like the way we match up against pretty team we play from here on out. I knew we did not match up well against the Ravens or Steelers and was hoping for the best, but expecting back to back loses and hoping the Broncos learned from their mistakes? Then again, what do I know. Honestly I'm not that worried about the Giants and would be fine with a loss, as long as the Broncos beat the deadskins and win a HUGE game at home against the Sparklers. An Eagles win in Sandy Eggo next week would sure help. That said the game of the weak is Bengals/Steelers despite the Pats/Colts hype. Pisses me off that the Broncos play earlier so I can't watch it.

Poet
11-10-2009, 02:45 AM
Arizona showed last year that the playoffs are nothing more than a battle matchups. They rode into the SB on the back of being hot and playing teams with crappy secondaries. Hell, the Panthers basically threw the game away (see what I did there, Delhomme is the terrible, no?)

MOtorboat
11-10-2009, 10:25 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

:eek::cheers::couch::frusty::bolt: