PDA

View Full Version : OK, not saying we should bench Moreno, but...

scott.475
11-09-2009, 11:31 PM
...and I am not laying tonight's loss at his feet, but boy does he seem to go down easy. I know he is more a speed guy, but I would like to see him actually break an occasional tackle, especially when the defender only has one hand on his foot. Maybe I am not remembering all his runs very well, but sure seems to me like he goes down easily and I sure would like to see him improve in that area.

getlynched47
11-09-2009, 11:34 PM
You can't run the ball if you don't have run blocking from your lineman :coffee:

TXBRONC
11-09-2009, 11:36 PM
You can't run the ball if you don't have run blocking from your lineman :coffee:

It makes it hard to run block when they're crowding the box and daring you to go over the top.

honz
11-09-2009, 11:39 PM
Moreno doesn't go down easy.

And on another note...that's what she said!

Chris90210
11-09-2009, 11:43 PM
hillis needs to get back we needed the plow

however I agree moreno is not ready yet

bucky for speed hillis for power

West
11-10-2009, 01:24 AM
Moreno isn't a speed guy at all. His forte is breaking tackles.

He can't help it that he has 3 defensive linemen in his face when he touches the ball.

We have a glaring weakness at our interior offensive line.

shank
11-10-2009, 01:30 AM
earl ******* campbell would have struggled tonight.

dogfish
11-10-2009, 01:55 AM
Moreno isn't a speed guy at all. His forte is breaking tackles.

He can't help it that he has 3 defensive linemen in his face when he touches the ball.

We have a glaring weakness at our interior offensive line.

earl ******* campbell would have struggled tonight.

seriously, he had NOwhere to go, at all. . . i'm not saying that he played great, by any stretch of the imagination, but our run blocking was downright shameful. . . five carries, zero holes-- what's he supposed to do? barry sanders is the only back i've ever seen who could consistently generate yards when he was first contacted behind the line of scrimmage. . . breaking tackles one-on-one in the open field is something you expect your back to do-- trying to run over defensive linemen in the A gap on any kind of regular basis is NOT a realistic expectation!

i am waiting for knowshon to show us more, but he didn't have one chance in hell tonight. . .

weazel
11-10-2009, 02:07 AM
Our O-Line does not have the right personel to run this scheme. The small size of our C and G's hinder them, we need to go back to ZBS...

Dzone
11-10-2009, 02:12 AM
I agree. Its holes all along the offensive line. heretofore the over-rated offensive line. The poor kid never gets a chance to even come out of his stance before he's getting buried. This team is just plain B-A-D...these last 2 weeks havent been mere losses, theyve gotten demolished. Out hit and out coached. Did anyone see the pathetic attempt knowshown made at pass blocking? That pitiful imitation of a block was a s bad as it gets. Knowshown needs to be sitting the bench.

shank
11-10-2009, 02:15 AM
I agree. Its holes all along the offensive line. heretofore the over-rated offensive line. The poor kid never gets a chance to even come out of his stance before he's getting buried. This team is just plain B-A-D...these last 2 weeks havent been mere losses, theyve gotten demolished. Out hit and out coached. Did anyone see the pathetic attempt knowshown made at pass blocking? That pitiful imitation of a block was a s bad as it gets. Knowshown needs to be sitting the bench.

i have no idea where the **** you're coming from overly critical guy with a moreno avatar.

make up your damned mind.

West
11-10-2009, 02:15 AM

Uh... what?

This team is not bad. Baltimore and Pitt just exposed our big weakness; interior linemen.

Dzone
11-10-2009, 02:22 AM
i have no idea where the **** you're coming from overly critical guy with a moreno avatar.

make up your damned mind.

I deleted his avatar. After seeing him duck under so he wouldnt get hit too hard by that linebacker. Hes a huge disappointment for a 12th overall pick. Come on, get real. This guy is no Adrian Peterson, no matter how much we wish he was,. He really needs to sit for a few games until he learns how to block..

West
11-10-2009, 02:24 AM
I deleted his avatar. After seeing him duck under so he wouldnt get hit too hard by that linebacker. Hes a huge disappointment for a 12th overall pick. Come on, get real. This guy is no Adrian Peterson, no matter how much we wish he was,. He really needs to sit for a few games until he learns how to block..

Dude. Go crawl back into whatever hole you crawled out from.

shank
11-10-2009, 02:29 AM

this Dzone guy is no Bronco Warrior, no matter how much we wish he was,. he really needs to not post for a few games, until he learns that knee-jerk reactions with common rookie mistakes are not the best policy.

sneakers
11-10-2009, 02:30 AM
Dude. Go crawl back into whatever hole you crawled out from.

What the hell is that in your avatar?!?

shank
11-10-2009, 02:31 AM

don't let him fool you, it's a moose knuckle. an arabian moose knuckle.

West
11-10-2009, 02:33 AM

Camel toe.

sneakers
11-10-2009, 02:34 AM
Camel toe.

Either it is not to scale, or the camel is 75ft tall

Dzone
11-10-2009, 02:37 AM
^naw, just speaking the truth and dealing with reality. Maybe you missed watching the last two games.

West
11-10-2009, 02:38 AM
^naw, just speaking the truth and dealing with reality. Maybe you missed watching the last two games.

Maybe you missed the real reason our backs aren't producing.

shank
11-10-2009, 02:40 AM

lol. that must be it. you guys, i forgot to watch the games! sorry dzone, for blowing smoke out my ass.

also, discovery zone is WAY better than chuck-e cheese. so, good job on that as well.

sneakers
11-10-2009, 02:50 AM
What the hell is discovery zone? it sounds like one of those live action television shows on saturday mornings that they try to force down kids throats (instead of awesome cartoons) that try to be fun and educational, but really just suck.

shank
11-10-2009, 02:54 AM
:dead2me:

WARHORSE
11-10-2009, 03:21 AM
Knowshon got fewer carries this week as compared to Buck, and rightly so.

But in the carries that he did have, he looked terrible imo.

Still going 100 mph to the hole, and cant make a cut at the line.

During the pass play where he whiffed on the LBer, he actually got up and tried to follow the guy. Incredulous.

How about making yourself available as a receiver for the QB whos fate you just sealed, so he can dump the ball off? That thought ever occur?

I hope one day Im really thanking the Lord for the day we drafted Knowshon, but right now, I say sit the man down until he learns how to run better than Hillis.

BTW, where is our RUNNING GAME?

No ZBS..........no success. Shanahan built this line, and it was built for running the ZBS.

roomemp
11-10-2009, 08:20 AM
Knowshon got fewer carries this week as compared to Buck, and rightly so.

But in the carries that he did have, he looked terrible imo.

Still going 100 mph to the hole, and cant make a cut at the line.

During the pass play where he whiffed on the LBer, he actually got up and tried to follow the guy. Incredulous.

How about making yourself available as a receiver for the QB whos fate you just sealed, so he can dump the ball off? That thought ever occur?

I hope one day Im really thanking the Lord for the day we drafted Knowshon, but right now, I say sit the man down until he learns how to run better than Hillis.

BTW, where is our RUNNING GAME?

No ZBS..........no success. Shanahan built this line, and it was built for running the ZBS.

Our line will go through some change during the offseason. Our tackles are still set I believe . Clady and Harris should be pretty solid in a power blocking scheme. Its our interior line. As good as Weigmann is, he is just too small for this type of running game. Same goes for Hamilton. Both are aging smaller lineman. They probably should not be in Denver's future plans.......Kuper might be still be okay. He is a nasty blocker.

Dean
11-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Knowshon looked like a player, today. He ran hard with good vision.

shank
11-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Knowshon looked like a player, today. He ran hard with good vision.

if knowshon would have had the blocking that the redskins' backs had, he would have had an amazing day.

Dzone
11-15-2009, 06:12 PM
there were a lot of plaYs where knowshon got hit as soon as he touched the ball...At times he reminds of young portis, other times not..but i think he will be a good back...
sad how this season is turning...the ups and downs of sports fandom...felt bad for simms

MOtorboat
11-15-2009, 06:44 PM
Let's quit with the bench Moreno and bench Orton stuff, now...mmmkay?

NameUsedBefore
11-15-2009, 07:21 PM
Let's quit with the bench Moreno and bench Orton stuff, now...mmmkay?

Bench Simms.

Den21vsBal19
11-15-2009, 07:28 PM
Bench Simms.
Kinda makes you all fzzy for Ramsey...........................remember the good old days when we had a backup who could put up positive yardage when called upon :lol:

NameUsedBefore
11-15-2009, 07:35 PM
kinda makes you all fzzy for ramsey...........................remember the good old days when we had a backup who could put up positive yardage when called upon :lol:

Was thinking... BVP.