PDA

View Full Version : Broncos on Monday re-signed wide receiver Quincy Morgan

Tned
09-04-2007, 10:21 PM
Well, for those that didn't want to see him go.

The Denver Broncos on Monday re-signed unrestricted free-agent wide receiver Quincy Morgan, Head Coach Mike Shanahan announced. As per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.Read More... (http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=&storyID=6627) [Denver Broncos :: Press Release] - 9/4/2007 7:58:24 PM

TXBRONC
09-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Well, for those that didn't want to see him go.

Thanks Tned.
Now who are they going to release with this signing:questionmark:

DenBronx
09-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Thanks Tned.

maybe the bell deal is in the works and shanny knew this. i really didnt like seeing q morgan get released. he only played in a handful of games last year and it would be nice to see what he can do a full season. not too sure about domostik.

Tned
09-04-2007, 10:30 PM
Thanks Tned.

I knew that dang Broncos07 site would come in handy eventually ;)

Skinny
09-04-2007, 10:30 PM
lol, talk about flying under the radar!

TXBRONC
09-04-2007, 10:41 PM
maybe the bell deal is in the works and shanny knew this. i really didnt like seeing q morgan get released. he only played in a handful of games last year and it would be nice to see what he can do a full season. not too sure about domostik.

The only problem now with trading Bell would be that it leaves us short handed at fullback. There would be no one behind Sapp.

Calibroncogrl47
09-04-2007, 10:54 PM
I dont think Bell would help out much a Fullback anyway though really.

I guess it would be better than nothing though..

maybe I'm wrong :noidea:

SBboundBRONCOS
09-04-2007, 10:56 PM
lol, talk about flying under the radar!

no kidding, im wondering whats gonna happen now because we clearly have to release/trade somebody , so we will see

shanahan always has his :listen:

SBboundBRONCOS
09-04-2007, 10:58 PM

yeah i really think the only reason we moved him to FB is to make teams think we really want to keep him and thus get a trade moving

TXBRONC
09-04-2007, 11:06 PM

I don't think Shanahan would have put him there Cali if he wasn't confident that Mike could handle the job. Remember when Droughns came to Denver he had never played fullback but Shanahan moved him.

dogfish
09-04-2007, 11:27 PM
The only problem now with trading Bell would be that it leaves us short handed at fullback. There would be no one behind Sapp.

actually we've still got paul smith at fullback. . .

i'm glad to see morgan brought back-- javon and stokley are the only veteran WRs on the team, and IMO that's not enough. . . i think marshall is going to be legit, but we still really have no idea what clarke and hixon can do in actual game situations. . .

Lonestar
09-04-2007, 11:41 PM
I don't think Shanahan would have put him there Cali if he wasn't confident that Mike could handle the job. Remember when Droughns came to Denver he had never played fullback but Shanahan moved him.

Plus it made both Mike A and RD better RB's knowing how the offense really works.

keithbishop
09-04-2007, 11:42 PM
actually we've still got paul smith at fullback. . .

i'm glad to see morgan brought back-- javon and stokley are the only veteran WRs on the team, and IMO that's not enough. . . i think marshall is going to be legit, but we still really have no idea what clarke and hixon can do in actual game situations. . .

I find this surprising, but not a bad move. Good insurance, as you've pointed out. Morgan certainly had his moments on returns last season.
We'll have to see who steps up before Rod returns (not guaranteed, I suppose, but there's no way I'd bet against him ).

SM19
09-05-2007, 12:27 AM
We have, what, four returners on our roster now? Five if you count Selvin Young?

dogfish
09-05-2007, 12:39 AM
We have, what, four returners on our roster now? Five if you count Selvin Young?

ahhh, but the pertinent question is not "how many do we have?" it's "how many GOOD ones do we have??"

SBboundBRONCOS
09-05-2007, 01:13 AM
ahhh, but the pertinent question is not "how many do we have?" it's "how many GOOD ones do we have??"

true but i think shanny jumps the gun a bit when it comes to a young players performance, if hes not doing well get him out, is his thinking or so it seems

i want to see us take the time and make great strides in developing our young players into future probowlers, even at the expense of our SB dream this season . . . however both would be ideal:D

i just want somebody to earn a job and keep it, show some faith in the guy, but do NOT just hand him the job, (like the bears and rex)

i say good luck to everybody including quincy, because they are all broncos:salute:

keithbishop
09-06-2007, 06:27 PM
Morgan isn't listed on the roster. Any word on who was cut?

fcspikeit
09-06-2007, 07:37 PM

Good point!

I was wondering dogfish, Who is the girl in your avatar?

rcsodak
09-06-2007, 08:05 PM
I don't understand OR like the re-signing....

..because now, denver has to guarantee his pay, regardless of whether he sticks or not.

I'd rather see him bring back KJohnson, myself.

SM19
09-06-2007, 08:47 PM

I'm not sure bringing back Morgan is going to change the answer to that question.

dogfish
09-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Good point!

I was wondering dogfish, Who is the girl in your avatar?

that would be the lovely maria sharapova!

:shocked: :D

broncosinindy
09-06-2007, 10:29 PM
So who did we cut to aquire quincy?

Retired_Member_001
09-07-2007, 10:39 AM
I was shocked to see Quincy Morgan get cut and I'm glad he is back.

Last season he was our best KR/PR by FAR! He was the only one that had any chance of getting the ball past our own 25 yard line.

I have no clue who is going to leave now but I'm glad Quincy Morgan is back.