PDA

View Full Version : Can we customize the Smilies for each user?

fcspikeit
01-10-2008, 03:31 AM
Is there any way we could customize the Smilies in the quick box?

I know we can access all the smilies by clicking the more button, but this takes more time. Esp for me, because it seems it takes a while for each to load, where I can view it.

It's not a big deal, I just have never used some of the smilies in the box and thought it would be cool if the ones we used the most would appear in our box to the right for quick access.

Is this possible?

Tned
01-10-2008, 03:35 AM

I know we can access all the smilies by clicking the more button, but this takes more time. Esp for me, because it seems it takes a while for each to load, where I can view it.

It's not a big deal, I just have never used some of the smilies in the box and thought it would be cool if the ones we used the most would appear in our box to the right for quick access.

Is this possible?

No, that isn't user settable.

I have been meaning to run a query to check for the most used smilies and reorder them, based on usage, but haven't gotten to it. I will shoot for this weekend, but that is about the only thing I can do, which doesn't help someone that likes a smilie that isn't in the top 18 most popular smilies.

claymore
01-10-2008, 06:06 AM

Is this possible?
Great post, this would save so much time.

I have been meaning to run a query to check for the most used smilies and reorder them, based on usage, but haven't gotten to it. I will shoot for this weekend, but that is about the only thing I can do, which doesn't help someone that likes a smilie that isn't in the top 18 most popular smilies.you have to leave this one, it has grown on me for some strange reason. ;)

MOtorboat
01-10-2008, 08:43 AM
I would definitely love to have a box all for me.

claymore
01-10-2008, 08:45 AM
I would definitely love to have a box all for me.You had one in August. Suposedly. :rolleyes:

MOtorboat
01-10-2008, 08:46 AM
You had one in August. Suposedly. :rolleyes:

I meant for the smileys.

You're dirty.

fcspikeit
01-10-2008, 07:11 PM

I have been meaning to run a query to check for the most used smilies and reorder them, based on usage, but haven't gotten to it. I will shoot for this weekend, but that is about the only thing I can do, which doesn't help someone that likes a smilie that isn't in the top 18 most popular smilies.

IC...

Can I make a couple suggestions?

Can we lose, :defense: :welcome: :listen: ?

It would be great if we changed them for these,,,

:frusty: :fight: :congrats:

MOtorboat
01-10-2008, 08:18 PM
IC...

Can I make a couple suggestions?

Can we lose, :defense: :welcome: :listen: ?

It would be great if we changed them for these,,,

:frusty: :fight: :congrats:

...and by lose...he means moved to the "more" smilies...

fcspikeit
01-10-2008, 08:51 PM
...and by lose...he means moved to the "more" smilies...

Exactly! :congrats:

I like that one because it can either mean :beer: or :shot: ;)

I also like this one. :fear:

Reidman
09-02-2009, 05:46 AM
Tned might be time to revisit this. I've found myself going to the [more] link a lot lately.

These smilies seem the same to me :shocked::eek:

Two laughing smilies :lol::laugh:

Two mad smilies :tsk::mad:

getting rid of those duplicates would free up some extra spots for more used smilies..

also, could probably move :welcome:to the back of the bunch...

Can we maybe start a poll or something and clean up the smilie box..?

Tned
09-02-2009, 06:45 AM
Tned might be time to revisit this. I've found myself going to the [more] link a lot lately.

These smilies seem the same to me :shocked::eek:

Two laughing smilies :lol::laugh:

Two mad smilies :tsk::mad:

getting rid of those duplicates would free up some extra spots for more used smilies..

also, could probably move :welcome:to the back of the bunch...

Can we maybe start a poll or something and clean up the smilie box..?

I think a mod that has been around is an smiley randomizer, where every time you go to the new post/reply to post page, the smilies on the right will change. I will make sure it's a current and supported vBulletin addon. I'l try and do that some time in the next few days I plan to upgrade vBulletin and some server software this weekend, so will do it then at the latest.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Not sure why any of the smilies need to be removed. What some may like, others may not - why mess with them? And Welcome is used a lot.

Ravage!!!
09-02-2009, 04:02 PM
I think the 'tsk' is a lot different than the 'mad' smiley. Shows completely diffferent meaning. and I like having a couple different smiley's meaning the same thing.... gives a bit of variance and look to the posts.

nbenallo33
09-02-2009, 04:16 PM
i think it would be cool to randomize them

Tned
09-02-2009, 04:50 PM
I think reid was referring to them as being dupes in terms of the front page. As there are limited slots on the front page, you have to click more to see the rest.

Reidman
09-02-2009, 05:12 PM
I think reid was referring to them as being dupes in terms of the front page. As there are limited slots on the front page, you have to click more to see the rest.

Yes, this is what I meant.

And not asking to get rid of any, just move them to the big page (the dupes)...

That's why I asked for a poll or something to see which get used the most by the majority of us, not just one person...