PDA

View Full Version : Petition to bench Ben Hamilton

LRtagger
11-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Let's get 10,000 names.

and go.

skycoyote
11-09-2009, 09:41 PM
Who should replace him? Agreed. I will sign.

drewloc
11-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Who should replace him?

Anyone wearing a pair of rollerskates would be sufficient. :laugh:

LRtagger
11-09-2009, 09:54 PM
A cardboard cutout of Miley Cyrus :noidea:

Zweems56
11-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Signed. I used to love ben hamilton. Right now he's a liability on every single play, pass or run.

Broncos4Ever24
11-09-2009, 09:59 PM
signed

ikillz0mbies
11-09-2009, 10:04 PM
I, ikillz0mbies hereby sign this petition for Ben Hamilton to **** of Denver. He is constantly getting hounded by DLinemen and Linebackers and being overpowered. He is the weakest link on this Denver Broncos offensive line. He does not fit the power blocking/traditional man blocking scheme that McDaniels has in place, even though they do run SOME ZBS. He needs to go, NOW. Plug in either Tyler Polumbus, who has done an impressive job when he has played or Seth Olsen, who is a much better fit for the blocking scheme that is used.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-09-2009, 11:18 PM
Hamilton and Polumbus are homos. Seth Olsen replace that butthead.

getlynched47
11-09-2009, 11:31 PM
Hochstein sucked hard ones also tonight. He was blasted as the "H-back" tonight.

Might as well bench Weigman also......they get owned by 3-4 defensive lineman

dogfish
11-09-2009, 11:49 PM
yea, man. . . i hate playing the blame game and complaining after losses, but hamilton has been a bigtime liability all year. . . the guy generates zero movement in the run game and regularly gets his ass handed to him in pass pro. . . i feel bad turning on the guy, because he used to be one of my favorites, but he is now completely ineffectual-- just like ian gold was towards the end of his time here. . .

hamilton was a damn good ZBS lineman in his prime, but he's just not big enough or strong enough for a predominantly man blocking scheme. . . the league has passed him by. . . it's going to be a relief not watching him get schooled out there next year. . . i don't know if we have anybody who's ready to step in now, and you hate to make a change when you already have one backup starting, but i certainly hope the coaching staff is at least keeping their options open. . . you absolutely can't blame our embarrassing futility in the running game on just one guy, but you have to wonder when the time comes to try something different to try to get it sparked a little. . . .

GEM
11-10-2009, 12:01 AM
That was just sad to freakin watch. Every gosh damn time...guy comes through Hamilton's spot.

Loved him in his time, but his time is over, he gots to go.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-10-2009, 12:02 AM
Remember Dan Neil? His story is like Ben's, but Neil's ended cause of injuries -- not cause he blew.

Superchop 7
11-10-2009, 12:02 AM
Got my vote.

shank
11-10-2009, 12:14 AM
ben has been bad.

but i don't see why we had to completely abandon what worked so well with the same 5 guys last year. it's on the coaches too.

but the coaches are not going to bend, so ben gets the blame. unfair, but true. sorry, bud. you used to kick ass, and now you're under the bus. bye bye asap.

getlynched47
11-10-2009, 12:29 AM
Going to a power-blocking scheme with an undersized interior line was the worst decision I have ever seen.

drewloc
11-10-2009, 03:08 AM
Remember Dan Neil? His story is like Ben's, but Neil's ended cause of injuries -- not cause he blew.

My brother and I were talking about this earlier, spot on Dream. :salute:

Timmy!
11-10-2009, 03:17 AM
I was a big Ben supporter in his prime, but man, holy crap. Watching the game again (god bless my dvr) he is really, REALLY getting owned, and i do mean owned....and he did last week too. Hamilton is a liability. Its 100% obvious. If memory serves he missed a couple preseason games and Olson as in for him. I say bring Olsen in. I'll take the size at this point. On pretty much every play that ended badly you can see Hamilton get his ass handed to him if you are actually looking for it. Bench Ben. If Olsen gets hurt, we have a veteran replacement who should be pissed about losing his spot. I don't see an downside here.

elsid13
11-10-2009, 05:41 AM
After watching the game, it pretty apparent that left hamstring that caused him to miss time at the beginning of the year, is still an issue. Hamilton is not bending enough to get under the DE/DT and isn't shuffling his feet in pass protection. With Hamilton if his techinque isn't good, then he struggles to be effective and that what we are seeing.

Timmy!
11-10-2009, 05:56 AM
After watching the game, it pretty apparent that left hamstring that caused him to miss time at the beginning of the year, is still an issue. Hamilton is not bending enough to get under the DE/DT and isn't shuffling his feet in pass protection. With Hamilton if his techinque isn't good, then he struggles to be effective and that what we are seeing.

So what say you Elsid? Bench him? Let him try to play through it?

roomemp
11-10-2009, 08:04 AM
Signed......It was painful watching him yesterday......On a positive note.....Tyler did a pretty okay job considering it was his first NFL start against an aggresive defense. Has Polumbus ever played the interior before ? Just a crazy thought

claymore
11-10-2009, 08:08 AM
Orton holding on to the ball and walking into DT's for an easy sack doesnt help Hamilton's case.

roomemp
11-10-2009, 08:14 AM
Yeah Orton was holding onto the ball too long I agree........But Hamilton was getting beat off the snap every single play........I mean the Steelers were just running right over him like he wasn't even there.......

claymore
11-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Yeah Orton was holding onto the ball too long I agree........But Hamilton was getting beat off the snap every single play........I mean the Steelers were just running right over him like he wasn't even there.......

Polumbus was an embaressment. Our Depth sucks. I understand that will take awhile though.......

LRtagger
11-10-2009, 09:16 AM
On a positive note, it will be nice to finally go into the offseason knowing EXACTLY what we need to draft for. Instead of the past 5 years having no clue who to draft because we had so many needs. Obviously OL will need to seriously be addressed in the offseason.

Timmy!
11-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Clay=my COD4 motivation. :deathtotraitors:

TXBRONC
11-10-2009, 09:31 AM
yea, man. . . i hate playing the blame game and complaining after losses, but hamilton has been a bigtime liability all year. . . the guy generates zero movement in the run game and regularly gets his ass handed to him in pass pro. . . i feel bad turning on the guy, because he used to be one of my favorites, but he is now completely ineffectual-- just like ian gold was towards the end of his time here. . .

hamilton was a damn good ZBS lineman in his prime, but he's just not big enough or strong enough for a predominantly man blocking scheme. . . the league has passed him by. . . it's going to be a relief not watching him get schooled out there next year. . . i don't know if we have anybody who's ready to step in now, and you hate to make a change when you already have one backup starting, but i certainly hope the coaching staff is at least keeping their options open. . . you absolutely can't blame our embarrassing futility in the running game on just one guy, but you have to wonder when the time comes to try something different to try to get it sparked a little. . . .

I like Hamilton as well and I think maybe a change is necessary but that still wont stop defenses from stacking the box.

NightTrainLayne
11-10-2009, 09:42 AM
On a positive note, it will be nice to finally go into the offseason knowing EXACTLY what we need to draft for. Instead of the past 5 years having no clue who to draft because we had so many needs. Obviously OL will need to seriously be addressed in the offseason.

For those that question why we are moving away from the ZBS, this is the reason why. The ZBS was Shanny's deal. McD is not a disciple of the ZBS, and I think he should be commended for trying to keep parts of it while transitioning to the scheme that he employs with his offense.

Keeping a ZBS system that McD doesn't plan on using for the next 10 years only prolongs the pain. Let's figure out what we need now to run McD's offense well and go get it. No sense in procrastinating.

They did the same thing on defense. Just make the switch and then you know where your weaknesses are at instead of guessing at them in the next draft.

Ravage!!!
11-10-2009, 10:00 AM
For those that question why we are moving away from the ZBS, this is the reason why. The ZBS was Shanny's deal. McD is not a disciple of the ZBS, and I think he should be commended for trying to keep parts of it while transitioning to the scheme that he employs with his offense.

Keeping a ZBS system that McD doesn't plan on using for the next 10 years only prolongs the pain. Let's figure out what we need now to run McD's offense well and go get it. No sense in procrastinating.

They did the same thing on defense. Just make the switch and then you know where your weaknesses are at instead of guessing at them in the next draft.

Hmmm... but.... didn't our OL just give up 11 sacks all of last year with the same crew? DIdn't we have a running game DESPITE losing 7 RBs last year, with the SAME OL last year?

Seems to me, we should be going back to what was working, because the 'change' ... isn't.

Dortoh
11-10-2009, 10:05 AM
I love Ben but its time for him to hit the bricks. Dude is getting flat out beaten like a drum.

Ravage!!!
11-10-2009, 10:56 AM
I love Ben but its time for him to hit the bricks. Dude is getting flat out beaten like a drum.

Hmmm... well..... I'll say this and going to use your post purely because its the closest.

If we sit Hamilton because he's been 'beaten like a drum' the last two weeks..... then what other positions do we sit that have been beaten badly the last two weeks?? I htink the ENTIRE OFFENSE needs to be sat down

Dortoh
11-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Hmmm... well..... I'll say this and going to use your post purely because its the closest.

If we sit Hamilton because he's been 'beaten like a drum' the last two weeks..... then what other positions do we sit that have been beaten badly the last two weeks?? I htink the ENTIRE OFFENSE needs to be sat down

Please review the game tape. Ben is by far the weak link in the O line. He gets shoved into the backfield on running plays and simply over powered in pass protection.............ON EVERY PLAY

BigDaddyBronco
11-10-2009, 11:09 AM
I almost threw a shoe at my TV watching Hamilton get owned again last night. Can Seth Olsen be any worse? Maybe you lose some of the vets if you dump Hamilton to the bench, but damn, our OLine is getting worked.

LRtagger
11-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Hmmm... but.... didn't our OL just give up 11 sacks all of last year with the same crew? DIdn't we have a running game DESPITE losing 7 RBs last year, with the SAME OL last year?

Seems to me, we should be going back to what was working, because the 'change' ... isn't.

Yea, we should totally hire Shanny back so he can lead us down the stretch to a division title.

Ravage!!!
11-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Yea, we should totally hire Shanny back so he can lead us down the stretch to a division title.

Thats not what I was saying. Now you are just making stuff up to start an argument.

Ravage!!!
11-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Please review the game tape. Ben is by far the weak link in the O line. He gets shoved into the backfield on running plays and simply over powered in pass protection.............ON EVERY PLAY

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm saying that if we sit EVERY player that has been beaten badly the last two weeks.... well.. there are a lot of players to sit.

DenBronx
11-10-2009, 12:20 PM
hamilton has been costing us points. we should at least bench him for the time being.

broncofaninfla
11-10-2009, 12:26 PM
Add my name

elsid13
11-10-2009, 12:32 PM
So what say you Elsid? Bench him? Let him try to play through it?

Timmy, I would bench him til he healed, but I have strange feeling he better at70% then what on the beach. The problem in the running also needs to be place at the feet of the running backs, they are dancing vs. hitting the hole. Denver line did open up holes last night, but both back failed to get to them in timely manner.

LRtagger
11-10-2009, 12:33 PM
Thats not what I was saying. Now you are just making stuff up to start an argument.

No I'm not...you said the "change" isnt working...I assumed you meant Josh's offense as being the "change" since that is what changed from last year. He has tried to incorporate the ZBS into his offense, but it is simply not what he does....he hasn't learned it and he doesn't know it.

Unfortunately we have an offensive line built to run the ZBS, it is unrealistic to expect McDaniels to completely change his entire offensive philosophy to suit Hamilton. He will be replaced either during this season or during the offseason. Fortunately we have two tackles that can play in any offensive scheme...Great tackles are the hardest to find, so I think we are in good shape for the future.

LRtagger
11-10-2009, 12:36 PM
I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm saying that if we sit EVERY player that has been beaten badly the last two weeks.... well.. there are a lot of players to sit.

It's not the fact that he has been beaten badly...it's the fact that he is simply not made for this offense. He can not take on defenders head on.

It's either sit him or give him help on every play. Thats why ZBS works for him because he can push defenders towards other lineman and peel off to the LBs who he can handle. He simply can not handle stout 3-4 DEs.

elsid13
11-10-2009, 12:41 PM

McDaniels offense does include liberal amount of ZBS, in fact about 3 years ago NE started down that path to move away from its old man blocking to hybrid ZBS, trap system (that why the drafted Maloney out of Minn). Carolina also followed that pattern, which is were our OC is from.

The major difference between what we ran last season and this is backside OL don't cut the defense linemen but rather are taught to stay on their feet. Even last year, Dennison and Shananan were using traps like McDaniels does to spring the runners. The problem isn't the scheme it the execution of the hybrid rush attack.

Elevation inc
11-10-2009, 01:32 PM

rav hamilton has like eight sacks given up on the season as well as numerous costly penalties to kill drives....the last 2 weeks just enhanced what we had seen......his only good game this year was against oakland.....

in fact i have seen more of hamilton on his ass then i would have though possible....