PDA

View Full Version : Shefter said JWilliams claimed by 4 teams

titan
11-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Just listening to the KOA Radio pregame show with Adam Shefter of ESPN. Shefter said 4 teams put in a claim for Jack Williams (including Indianapolis). Williams will go to Detroit.

Don't remember too many players cut midseason by SHanahan. I like McD's personnel moves but wish this one would have been made earlier (maybe could have got a draft choice out of JWilliams)

shank
11-09-2009, 08:29 PM
not surprised... he wasn't great, but he definitely showed flashes. i still think he can be a good player.

not pissed, but also not happy to give up his youth and potential for a 1 year rental. oh well.

silkamilkamonico
11-09-2009, 09:41 PM
What were the stats on him the last couple games?

Yea, not so good.

Liability.

Cut him.

Overtime
11-09-2009, 11:59 PM
What were the stats on him the last couple games?

Yea, not so good.

Liability.

Cut him.

Burned
Burned

and oh yeah....burned.

did I mention burned? :confused:

GEM
11-10-2009, 12:03 AM
4 teams claimed him, means that one of them could have put up a 7th on him.

This bothered me most of the game.....why cut young guys like Kern and JW for old guys like Berger and Law. Neither is better than those who were cut. That is the one thing I am questioning about McD. It just doesn't make sense.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-10-2009, 12:04 AM
Law for system familiarity, Berger -- I have no idea. I'm not sure we could have got pick compensation. Four teams may have wanted to claim him, but that doesn't mean they would have given up a pick to acquire his services.

silkamilkamonico
11-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Trading deadline is passed. I think it's a situation where McDaniels made a decision based on his play this year and last week was a breaking point. And he wanted to make a change now.

GEM
11-10-2009, 12:09 AM
I just don't see the moves as upgrades. I mean, sure, cut a guy if you have a better guy to get....there is absolutely no way evaluating talent that Berger had anything that topped Kern.

We created 2 needs with these moves. Definitely need a punter and we'll need someone to take Law's place.

I just don't get it.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-10-2009, 12:10 AM
I don't see them as upgrades either. I don't know what is going on at Dove Valley!

Ravage!!!
11-10-2009, 12:17 AM
I'm not sure yet. Law didn't look that bad out there considering he was only on the team for a day or two. So the decision to cut williams and hire Law doesn't bother me as much as his timing in the WEEK. I mean... at least do it Monday.

Law's hiring didn't have much to do with knowing the system, since you could see Law didn't know what he was doing out there as far as the calls go. I think it was again, McD hiring a familiar face that he knew from NE.

although I'm very skeptical on Law's ability to play corner..he may be ok for the nickle package. I'm willing to let him prove with more than a 2 day's worth of practice. He's a pretty good tackler.

SOCALORADO.
11-10-2009, 08:44 AM
Law looked better than JMFW did all season, and he didnt even know where to line up.
With a few days of practice, he will be fine.

MOtorboat
11-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Law looked better than JMFW did all season, and he didnt even know where to line up.
With a few days of practice, he will be fine.

You mean...there was a bright spot?

Who knew?

jhildebrand
11-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Shanahan cut players late in the season. We brought in Lowry late last year. Mustard was on a revolving door. There were plenty of late season moves.

I just hope Colquitt is on a plane to Denver right now!

JDL
11-10-2009, 02:12 PM
Shanahan cut players late in the season. We brought in Lowry late last year. Mustard was on a revolving door. There were plenty of late season moves.

I just hope Colquitt is on a plane to Denver right now!

Would certainly make my day... the guy was money pinning it inside the 20. Probably a solid 42gross avg 37-38net avg. punter in the league, maybe not special, but he won't hurt you and will be able to nail the opponent inside the 20.

weazel
11-10-2009, 02:17 PM
We need to sign Mustard!

underrated29
11-10-2009, 03:19 PM
jmfw was claimed by the lions.....or so i heard.

Iron Horse72
11-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Oh great, a million bucks says he goes out gets some INT's.

Never fails...

jhildebrand
11-10-2009, 05:32 PM
jmfw was claimed by the lions.....or so i heard.

4 teams placed a claim on him including Indy. Detroit was awarded him.

Jack will sort of be going home. He played at Toledo which is a 20 minute drive from Detroit.

CoachChaz
11-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Sucks to know that you could have went to Indy...but have to go to Detroit

Elevation inc
11-10-2009, 06:00 PM
4 teams placed a claim on him including Indy. Detroit was awarded him.

Jack will sort of be going home. He played at Toledo which is a 20 minute drive from Detroit.

heads up jack williams played for kent state.....

Dean
11-10-2009, 07:54 PM
He showed flashes of being able to develop into a solid nickle or #2 corner. If he doesn't ift into the plans in Denver, I wish him the best in Detroit.

elsid13
11-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Those teams are fools, they could have had Ty Law:D