PDA

View Full Version : What I hate(Pet peeves)...

UnderArmour
01-09-2008, 04:55 PM
I hate the following:

"This player is selfish! He talked to the media and said bad things." The problem with this is that in all likely-hood players talk among themselves much more. I highly doubt that professionals would get all upset over someone's comments unless they were absolutely terrible, they hated each other anyway, the player being criticized isn't a professional, or in McNabb's case all 3. Honestly, I think the whole locker room cancer thing is bs. The real locker room cancers are those who don't go on the field and give everything they have. Professionals can put aside differences and go out and play, in that regard TO is a true professional and a true teammate for giving his heart and soul while he is on the football field. I only use TO because he is the most commonly criticized person for his remarks in the media.

"Wow. This guy started for us the past 4 years and made the Pro Bowl 3 of them. He was injured for a few weeks during the season but showed he was healthy toward the end. If he is healthy next year, I hope he doesn't come back. Roster spots are too valuable."
Roster Spots aren't this hugely valuable thing. Not everyone who makes the roster is suddenly a John Lynch type player. I don't get why you'd want him off the roster just so we could replace him with a mediocre at best player.

"Man, this player has made big plays for us in the past. He's better than anyone on the market. Our roster would be better having him, but I hope we trade him away for some 3rd round or later draft picks!"
3rd round players are, in all likely-hood, not going to make a huge impact. Later than that aren't going to make an instant impact on the field unless you just have a good eye for talent. If you have a good player and a proven commodity, stick with him. I'm guessing if we'd just kept Gerard Warren we'd have been much better off this year in Run Defense. Maybe trading away proven commodities for low picks isn't such a great idea?

Lonestar
01-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Since this is in Bronco talk confine you comments to football please.

If you wish to discuss non football related issues do so in another thread.

:focus:

claymore
01-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Since this is in Bronco talk confine you comments to football please.

If you wish to discuss non football related issues do so in another thread.

:focus:LMAO, I had no Idea this was in the Football forum.

What I hate, Tony Corheiser on Monday night football. When they interviewed Bret Favre's wife I almost lost it.

slim
01-09-2008, 08:16 PM
This thread is in broncos talk? I had no idea.

In that case, I hate it when we don't make the playoffs.

slim
01-09-2008, 08:17 PM
LMAO, I had no Idea this was in the Football forum.

What I hate, Tony Corheiser on Monday night football. When they interviewed Bret Favre's wife I almost lost it.

No kidding. I actually watched most of that game with no sound. I'm not joking, I really did.

claymore
01-09-2008, 08:20 PM
No kidding. I actually watched most of that game with no sound. I'm not joking, I really did.
I convinced my wife how mature I was, and I wouldnt get mad if we lost, and please baby watch the game with me. Yada, yada, yada,. Then She came on, and they wouldnt focus on the game, they missed plays........ I was calling her, and Cornheiser sailor words etc................ My wife left and went to watch a movie in the room after that.

slim
01-09-2008, 08:22 PM
I convinced my wife how mature I was, and I wouldnt get mad if we lost, and please baby watch the game with me. Yada, yada, yada,. Then She came on, and they wouldnt focus on the game, they missed plays........ I was calling her, and Cornheiser sailor words etc................ My wife left and went to watch a movie in the room after that.

LOL...I was actually at a tax conference in Chicago that week. My wife went with me. I got so freaking pissed during that game. Man, I felt bad for my wife. She had nowhere else to go.

claymore
01-09-2008, 08:26 PM
LOL...I was actually at a tax conference in Chicago that week. My wife went with me. I got so freaking pissed during that game. Man, I felt bad for my wife. She had nowhere else to go.
That has to be the most boring conference on Earth. God would I hate to go to that. :salute: I salute you though!

slim
01-09-2008, 08:29 PM
That has to be the most boring conference on Earth. God would I hate to go to that. :salute: I salute you though!

You got that right. Thank God I only have to go to one or two a year.

claymore
01-09-2008, 08:32 PM
You got that right. Thank God I only have to go to one or two a year.
At least it was in Chicago. Lots to do. I really want to take some gangster (prohibition era) tours. And see the museum. I had to go to the aquarium last time.

Bronco9798
01-09-2008, 08:38 PM
This thread was different today. What happened to the guy that was having sex with his wife and couldn't because of the stomach thing???

slim
01-09-2008, 08:38 PM
At least it was in Chicago. Lots to do. I really want to take some gangster (prohibition era) tours. And see the museum. I had to go to the aquarium last time.

Yeah, Chicago is a great city. I really like it. Of course, I didn't get a chance to do a lot of sight seeing while I was there. But they have some damn good restaurants. :beer:

omac
01-09-2008, 08:39 PM
LMAO, I had no Idea this was in the Football forum.

Yeah, I hated that too; then way after the interview, they kept panning the camera towards her during the game. That was starting to get real annoying, then it got worse when during the Coors Light commercials, they'd still pan back to her.

slim
01-09-2008, 08:41 PM
This thread was different today. What happened to the guy that was having sex with his wife and couldn't because of the stomach thing???

This thread is in the football forum, so all the non-football post were deleted. :elefant:

slim
01-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Yeah, I hated that too; then way after the interview, they kept panning the camera towards her during the game. That was starting to get real annoying, then it got worse when during the Coors Light commercials, they'd still pan back to her.

Didn't they bring in someone else during that game too? Vince Vaughn or George Clooney or something?

DenBronx
01-09-2008, 08:43 PM
im confused by this thread. :confused:

claymore
01-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Didn't they bring in someone else during that game too? Vince Vaughn or George Clooney or something?Yeah, I LMFAO when Vince Vaughn said he watched the draft on NFL network. :laugh:

Bronco9798
01-09-2008, 08:44 PM
Oh, I thought it was in the lounge today.

claymore
01-09-2008, 08:46 PM
We all did, I guess we thought it was like the "Dont you hate it when" thread at the freak.

slim
01-09-2008, 08:48 PM
It's hard to keep track of. There are a lot of sub-forums, etc...so sometimes I just forget where I am. Of course, I am an idiot. So that doesn't help either.

claymore
01-09-2008, 08:50 PM
It's hard to keep track of. There are a lot of sub-forums, etc...so sometimes I just forget where I am. Of course, I am an idiot. So that doesn't help either.I only use the new post button. If I cant find something, I just hope somebody else brings it up.

Lonestar
01-09-2008, 08:54 PM
This thread is in the football forum, so all the non-football post were deleted. :elefant:

I moved all non football related comment to the lounge under pet peeves..

Rex
01-09-2008, 09:02 PM
Pet Peeve:

Posting on BroncosForum.com at work....on you handy dandy hand held tablet PC....and you drop it in the middle of the floor and the entire computer breaks into 2 pieces and is now a worthless piece of garbage.

True Story. Happened at 4 pm Central...today.

slim
01-09-2008, 09:02 PM
I moved all non football related comment to the lounge under pet peeves..

Oh, I stand corrected. A new thread in the lounge by the same name? Cool...thanks.

claymore
01-09-2008, 09:04 PM
Pet Peeve:

Posting on BroncosForum.com at work....on you handy dandy hand held tablet PC....and you drop it in the middle of the floor and the entire computer breaks into 2 pieces and is now a worthless piece of garbage.

True Story. Happened at 4 pm Central...today.
Please keep this football related. TIA

slim
01-09-2008, 09:06 PM

Oh no you didn't...I see a red dot party in your future. :elefant:

Rex
01-09-2008, 09:08 PM

Ohhhh....reallllly.

Clay, I feel that I have no option but to report your post.

KMA.

tia.

Rex
01-09-2008, 09:08 PM

Clay is lucky we have no red dots.

I mean, if we did....would I have any choice other than to paint his little trailer house red?

claymore
01-09-2008, 09:09 PM

That would be a lame red dot session, we would have to go to the salute thread and salute each other all night. . LMMFAO.

claymore
01-09-2008, 09:10 PM

I mean, if we did....would I have any choice other than to paint his little trailer house red?
OMG am I laughing hard. HFS...........

slim
01-09-2008, 09:10 PM
Please note: There are now two "pet peeve" threads. One is located in the football forum and one is in the lounge.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,

slim

slim
01-09-2008, 09:11 PM

Hell no you wouldn't have any choice. And I would gladly man my CP button to fire when called upon. :salute:

underrated29
01-09-2008, 10:52 PM
I agree UA, I think sometimes people get to down on a player and actaully forget what they can do for a team. Once that happens all they can focus on is the bad, and then they are bias and after that its like you are crazy for not sending this great player away for a 4th.

When as you said a 4th would probably land you a special teamer for 1 year before he is cut. Mean while the other guy goes to his new team, for a fresh (by that the fans arent down on him) and he tears it up.

Mcnabb is one of those guys,imo. I hope he isnt traded for the eagles sake, but if he were to go to a decent team with decent wr, i think he will regain last years (last, last years) form.

fcspikeit
01-10-2008, 12:28 AM
I agree UA, I think sometimes people get to down on a player and actaully forget what they can do for a team. Once that happens all they can focus on is the bad, and then they are bias and after that its like you are crazy for not sending this great player away for a 4th.

When as you said a 4th would probably land you a special teamer for 1 year before he is cut. Mean while the other guy goes to his new team, for a fresh (by that the fans arent down on him) and he tears it up.

Mcnabb is one of those guys,imo. I hope he isnt traded for the eagles sake, but if he were to go to a decent team with decent wr, i think he will regain last years (last, last years) form.

There are cases where this is true, But please keep in mind, in this case, this is all brought on by the player. If he would have kept his mouth shut none of this would be happening.

It sounds like your saying the raiders should have kept Moss,, Was he washed up? no, I never thought he was. Was he washed up in Oakland. Yes, regardless of the reason, he didn't want to play for them, he just wasn't the same player there.

As far as the 4th pick goes, How many Probowl, even hall of fame players were taken in the 4th round?

If every pick beyond the 3rd round are ST players that will be cut after 1 year, I'm sure you agree with trading them all away for old veterans who have 1 or 2 years left in the tank?

That is a pet peeve of mine. Those who always want to trade all the late round picks away for washed up players like Rice.

In some cases I agree with this, but it all depends on the player and the position. At most positions, it takes a year for the new player to settle in, before he can produce what he is capable of. Take Champ for example, his first year a lot of people were calling him Chump. Now we Bronco fans think he is the best in the game.

When a player is at the end of his career, you can't afford to lose a year. Therefore he has to come in and contribute right away.

NorthernLights
01-10-2008, 11:14 AM
#1-Players proclaiming they will never play for that team again, and always end up back on the field.
#2-TV timeouts.
#3-John Clayton.
#4-February through August.
#5-Showboating on every special teams tackle.
#6-Injury reports
#7-Domes
#8-"K" balls
#9-Green dots
#10-The entire Raider organization

Kapaibro
01-10-2008, 12:24 PM
pet peeve #1!

People blaming one player for the failings of an entire team.

claymore
01-10-2008, 12:47 PM
I hate Ian Gold. He is the only reason this team failed to reach the playoffs. :tsk:

DenBronx
01-10-2008, 02:11 PM
DenBronx <-----is still confused by this thread.

BroncoJoe
01-10-2008, 02:23 PM
When someone creates a thread, and deletes it because they don't like the responses.

:pout::bawling:

HolyDiver
01-10-2008, 02:23 PM
I blame Bates..............and Shanahan for hiring Bates.........

DenBronx
01-10-2008, 04:39 PM
When someone creates a thread, and deletes it because they don't like the responses.

:pout::bawling:

i hate when people have alot of money and don't share it.

NameUsedBefore
01-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Now that this thread is finally serious: I really despise how quickly fans will turn on a player once he is off the team. A player can go from loved and respected to the most hated SOB ever in a heartbeat just because he no longer wears the orange-and-blue.