PDA

View Full Version : Quarterback Season in Review

BOSSHOGG30
01-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Quarterback Season in Review

rotoworld.com

The Players are listed in total fantasy points scored

This list is unusually long because of all the quarterback injuries. A non-strike year record of 65 quarterbacks started a game this season, more than two per team! The Panthers and 49ers were the first two teams in NFL history to start four quarterbacks in the same season. For point of reference, there were only 50 starters all of last season.

1. Tom Brady, Patriots – Greatest quarterback season ever, all for a fourth-round pick.

2. Tony Romo, Cowboys - The Jasons (Garrett and Wittens) help Romo go from probably good to the fantasy elite.

3. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers – Big plays and Willie's shortcomings lead to red zone fun; What motorcycle accident?

4. Peyton Manning, Colts – Considering all he lost (Harrison, Glenn, Ugoh), 2007 was the ultimate sign he's bulletproof.

5. Derek Anderson, Browns – Biggest surprise in the league started the season behind Charlie Frye, finished it ahead of Drew Brees.

6. Drew Brees, Saints – After four-game meltdown to open the year, Brees was back to his pass-happy ways.

7. Matt Hasselbeck, Seahawks – Huge increase in attempts leads to quiet career season.

8. Brett Favre, Packers – Wideouts go from weakness to strength as Favre completes the season no one thought he had left.

9. Carson Palmer, Bengals – Confounding, but 4,131 yards and 26 scores is quite a down year.

Tier Two

10. Kurt Warner, Cardinals – The Ken Whisenhunt Cardinals looked just the Dennis Green Cardinals, with better protection.

11. Eli Manning, Giants – More of the same, but he's durable.

12. Jay Cutler, Broncos – Best quarterback of the last three draft classes makes it work without much help from teammates.

13. Donovan McNabb, Eagles – Strong finish provides hope that the old McNabb is buried beneath the headlines.

14. Philip Rivers, Chargers – The only quarterback more inconsistent than Eli.

15. David Garrard, Jaguars – A quarterback you can win with, in real life and fantasy.

16. Jon Kitna, Lions – The most unimpressive 4,000 passing yards since he did it last season.

Tier Three

17. Jeff Garcia, Bucs – Maxed out his potential, which isn't a good sign for next year.

18. Vince Young, Titans – With his running numbers down and passing numbers embarrassing, Young's second season was a career clouding worst-case scenario.

19. Jason Campbell, Redskins – Flashed progress before season-ending knee injury; a keeper.

Tier Four

20. Tarvaris Jackson, Vikings – Vince Young with less durability, which may or may not be a compliment.

21. Sage Rosenfels, Texans - The best Jewish quarterback since Jay Fiedler.

22. Marc Bulger, Rams – Biggest position bust wasn't in the top-30 per-game when healthy.

23. Damon Huard, Chiefs – Market correction before giving way to Brodie Croyle, who was worse.

24. Matt Schaub, Texans – Couldn't stay healthy, but 7.8 YPA is a sign of better things to come.

25. Chad Pennington, Jets – Poorly timed picks, but the numbers before benched were nearly identical to the year before.

26. Cleo Lemon, Dolphins – Probably won't start seven games again, but proved he belongs.

27. Joey Harrington, Falcons – Tastes like a starter, but breaks like a little girl.

shank
01-09-2008, 04:04 PM
lol at brady quinn in the last spot.

don't know why it says, 'with no help from teammates.' cutler had a good year, but he didn't do it on his own. marshall stokely and scheffler were big for him and will be again next year.

1st tier, here cutler comes!

LRtagger
01-09-2008, 05:04 PM
I dont know if I would consider Derek Anderson a top ten or "Tier 1" QB. He had a great breakout year, but #5 in the NFL?

jhns
01-09-2008, 05:17 PM
I dont know if I would consider Derek Anderson a top ten or "Tier 1" QB. He had a great breakout year, but #5 in the NFL?

It isn't really rating them.

"The Players are listed in total fantasy points scored"

topscribe
01-09-2008, 06:43 PM

Well, I would hope not.

Roethlisberger better than Peyton Manning?

Anderson better than Favre?

:confused:

-----

SmilinAssasSin27
01-09-2008, 07:35 PM
My head hurts

omac
01-09-2008, 08:26 PM
lol at brady quinn in the last spot.

don't know why it says, 'with no help from teammates.' cutler had a good year, but he didn't do it on his own. marshall stokely and scheffler were big for him and will be again next year.

1st tier, here cutler comes!

They probably meant his offensive line, as well as constantly changing offensive personnel.

LOL @ breaks like a little girl. :D

broncosfanscott
01-10-2008, 01:14 AM
I never really pay too much attention to lists or predictions by other people, however
just imagine where Jay would be on that list if we get more talent around him and on both sides of the ball.

Lonestar
01-10-2008, 01:43 AM
I never really pay too much attention to lists or predictions by other people, however
just imagine where Jay would be on that list if we get more talent around him and on both sides of the ball.

Jay has to cut down on his picks, more passing yardage and get more TD's that is what drives FF.

JAy is a good QB on the verge of breaking into the top ten he is basically coming off his rookie year.. and had NO OLINE in front of him..

Hawgdriver
01-10-2008, 06:16 AM
Jay is the best young quarterback in the league, I'm glad he got him. He'll get better, too. He's headed for tier one, respek.

haroldthebarrel
01-10-2008, 06:22 AM
What Jay Cutler has done so far has gone so underappreciated it is silly.
People put way too much emphasis on the TEAM winning when evaluating qbs.
His stats so far says he has one of the most promising stats and executions(esp 3d down) in NFL history of young qbs.
People dodge him since he doesnt win..... yet all his 4th quarter comebacks are already above past legends average.

LRtagger
01-10-2008, 08:55 AM

I must have missed that part :elefant:

jhns
01-10-2008, 11:20 AM
I must have missed that part :elefant:

I didn't read it at first but then when I was looking at the list it made me go back and see what exactly they where doing.

omac
01-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Well it is from rotoworld; the talented mr. roto. But yeah, I didn't get it either earlier.