PDA

View Full Version : What about Hillis

Dortoh
11-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Whats up with this cat Payton Hillis. I always was told you keep the best 53 players on your team. I just dont see why we carry dead weight like this sometimes.

Honestly I figured with Shanny gone so would the days of keeping players based on "upside"

Thoughts?

Northman
11-09-2009, 02:49 PM
I do wish they would use him more.

Traveler
11-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Whats up with this cat Payton Hillis. I always was told you keep the best 53 players on your team. I just dont see why we carry dead weight like this sometimes.

Honestly I figured with Shanny gone so would the days of keeping players based on "upside"

Thoughts?

I'm not falling for this again.:D

Dortoh
11-09-2009, 03:00 PM

It does seem like McD is quick with the doghouse.

MOtorboat
11-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Awesome.

I think Dortoh is purposely posting things so that they don't happen, because as we've seen in the past, Dortoh is always wrong.

:welcome:

claymore
11-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Awesome.

I think Dortoh is purposely posting things so that they don't happen, because as we've seen in the past, Dortoh is always wrong.

:welcome:

I hope he says "Claymore wont get ass tonight!"/

Medford Bronco
11-09-2009, 03:04 PM

Especially on 3 or 4th and 1. He is strong enough to get 1 yard IMO

Dortoh
11-09-2009, 03:06 PM
I hope he says "Claymore wont get ass tonight!"/

I was just about to say Claymore is going to have 2 girls at the same time tonight.

MOtorboat
11-09-2009, 03:10 PM
I was just about to say Claymore is going to have 2 girls at the same time tonight.

On the bright side clay, you might get 3. But 2 is now out of the question. FYI.

claymore
11-09-2009, 03:17 PM

What a kick in the nuts!

Superchop 7
11-09-2009, 03:28 PM
"cat" ?

The Rat Pack lives.

Throw one down for me Sammy........

nevcraw
11-09-2009, 03:42 PM
"cat" ?

The Rat Pack lives.

Throw one down for me Sammy........

hey daddy'o..

Denver Native (Carol)
11-09-2009, 04:07 PM
If you listen to the following, Coach McDaniels has nothing but good things to say about Hillis. (done on 11-6)

http://www.fm1043thefan.com/channels/audioOnDemand/Story.aspx?ID=1162662

Dortoh
11-09-2009, 04:24 PM
If you listen to the following, Coach McDaniels has nothing but good things to say about Hillis. (done on 11-6)

http://www.fm1043thefan.com/channels/audioOnDemand/Story.aspx?ID=1162662

Sometimes I just dont think you get me ;)

nevcraw
11-09-2009, 04:47 PM
My informants tell me tonight / allnight they are going to strictly run Hillis out of the shotgun.
It is being called the Wild Hillbilly (forgive the redundancy). Other points of interest: his jersey will be 4 times too small and he will smell of everclear and regret.

honz
11-09-2009, 04:51 PM

Thoughts?

I agree Dortoh. Peyton Hillis is a hack.

Dortoh
11-09-2009, 04:52 PM
I agree Dortoh. Peyton Hillis is a hack.

Well atleast someone else around here knows talent or lack of talent when he sees it.

weazel
11-09-2009, 04:52 PM
wouldn't that be the "wild hillbilly"?

I dont know about Hillis, but I hope with the signing of Law, we can finally get rid of that hack, Bailey! :cool:

MOtorboat
11-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Jeebus, you were right about something.

:tsk:

Buff
11-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Peyton Hillis returns to team
Posted November 11, 2009, 12:52 pm
By Lindsay Jones

Peyton Hillis is back in Denver after returning home to Arkansas following the sudden death of his maternal grandmother late last week.

Hillis said he was extremely close his grandmother, Margaret Ann Justice, and missed Monday’s game against Pittsburgh to attend her funeral, which was held Tuesday. Hillis was a pallbearer at the ceremony. The visitation was Monday evening, during the Broncos’ game.

“She raised us for a lot of years of my life, especially when I was younger, so it was like losing a mother,” Hillis said. “It’s been really tough.”

Hillis said he was thankful to the Broncos, especially coach Josh McDaniels, for giving him the time to go be with his family.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2009/11/11/peyton-hillis-returns-to-team/

Glad to hear it was a legit personal issue and not him being a knucklehead. (Obviously not glad to hear his grandma died though.)

Dreadnought
11-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Glad to hear it was a legit personal issue and not him being a knucklehead. (Obviously not glad to hear his grandma died though.)

No kidding - with 90% of NFL players when I hear they are inactive in order to deal with a "personal issue" I assume they have a bail hearing or arraignment they have to attend.

Tned
11-11-2009, 08:51 PM

I had posted why he was gone in a game day thread and one other place, but didn't out of respect for their privacy didn't make a new thread or anything. I know Peyton and his brother Kyle were Pall Bearers. As many of us know, burying a parent or grand parent really sucks.

Buff
11-11-2009, 09:03 PM
How did you find out prior to the game? Schwab tell you or something? As far as I know McD had been sticking to the "personal issue" refrain all week.

Tned
11-11-2009, 09:09 PM
How did you find out prior to the game? Schwab tell you or something? As far as I know McD had been sticking to the "personal issue" refrain all week.

Posted in an online Arkansas paper Sunday night (thecabin.net). I think that's a local Conway paper, where he is from.

rcsodak
11-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Posted in an online Arkansas paper Sunday night (thecabin.net). I think that's a local Conway paper, where he is from.

Geez, tned......let's keep SOME secrets sacred, huh? :tsk:

Tned
11-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Geez, tned......let's keep SOME secrets sacred, huh? :tsk:

Is that a joke or another one of your shots at me? I honestly can't tell the difference these days.

nevcraw
11-13-2009, 11:28 PM
i know it's of bad taste; But do you not picture Hillis as a Pikey ala Brad pit in Snatch? I do!

Horrid drunken funeral followed by him dispatching Albert Haynesworth with the most violent of collisions, rendering AH incapacitated while Hillis runs for 6.
The Wild Hillbilly begins in D.C.

pnbronco
11-14-2009, 12:41 AM
I'm really sorry to hear about Peyton's loss. It sounds like they were very close. I'm so glad the organization was supportive of him.

Somehow I missed your post Tned. So a big thank you to you and Buff for keeping us informed.

Lonestar
11-14-2009, 07:44 AM
He did not let me know either will have to chat with my adopted bronco.

I figured it was something personal because Josh was sticking with the personal comment all week.

Not sure I like him being so secertive about what is going on but in this and a few other cases it was the right thing to do. I suspect the players respect him for that.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

broncofaninfla
11-14-2009, 10:43 AM
Peytons loss might mean a good time to finally get him involved with this very inept offense.