PDA

View Full Version : Javon Walker Softens His Situation With The Broncos!!!

mopatt24
01-08-2008, 06:17 PM
I was over at the Mane to see what they were talking about and ran across this Javon Walker interview this mourning on 103.5 The Fox. Here's the link, take a listen

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/DENVER-CO/KRFX-FM/Javon%20Walker%2001-08-07.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&MARKET=DENVER-CO&NG_FORMAT=classicrock&SITE_ID=978&STATION_ID=KRFX-FM&PCAST_AUTHOR=Colfax&PCAST_CAT=Humor&PCAST_TITLE=KRFX-FM_Podcast

BOSSHOGG30
01-08-2008, 06:18 PM
I don't listen to quitters

Stand Ablaze
01-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the link. I'll give it a listen.

mopatt24
01-08-2008, 06:23 PM
I don't listen to quitters

lol.... I had to type something else to get my laugh posted

slim
01-08-2008, 06:26 PM
What a dope.

bmarsh15
01-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Here's the link:
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jan/08/walker-softens-his-stance-leaving-broncos/

Benetto
01-08-2008, 06:43 PM
I have mixed feelings about this...

Once a hater, always a hater (IE Gbay)....Can't blame it on being frustrated..

I think Javon realized he is not going to get ANYTHING close to 5.5 mill anywhere else.

shank
01-08-2008, 06:45 PM
i sympathize with him. he had a tough season and if he can stay healthy he is worth his cap number for sure. i agree pretty much everything he says in this interview. i hope javon is a bronco in 2008.

Benetto
01-08-2008, 06:48 PM
i sympathize with him. he had a tough season and if he can stay healthy he is worth his cap number for sure. i agree pretty much everything he says in this interview. i hope javon is a bronco in 2008.

sorry to steer away from Javon discussion, but I have to mention how disturbing your sig is...but funny.

Stand Ablaze
01-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Interesting stuff he said. About the whole giving up his plays for Marshall to get 100. What radio show is that by the way?

BOSSHOGG30
01-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Everyone understands his situation. No one really wanted him gone till he opened his mouth. He said a lot of stupid things and he continues in the latest interview. He says what has he done to be a locker room cancer? Is he serious? He says he just wants to play ball and he doesn't really care about the money? Then restructure and help your team and shut your month and play ball. Didn't you learn anything at all from Rod Smith since you've been in Denver?

Rick
01-08-2008, 06:50 PM
I hope the Broncos and Javon work it out. IF he is healthy, IF Henry is healthy, and toss in Shef, Stokely, and the stars of the show Cutler and BMarsh, this can be one very potent offense.

TXBRONC
01-08-2008, 06:50 PM
I mentioned in another thread that he sounded like a guy that frustrated by being injured and once coming back not being able to contribute.

And oh yes you can say frustration lead to him saying what he said. It happens all the time people get frustrated by a situation and saying that find regrettable later.

mopatt24
01-08-2008, 06:51 PM
103.5FM, something we don't get out here in Cali. Apparently, he goes on the show often

Stand Ablaze
01-08-2008, 06:52 PM
103.5FM, something we don't get out here in Cali. Apparently, he goes on the show often

Oh, I see.

BOSSHOGG30
01-08-2008, 06:53 PM
I mentioned in another thread that he sounded like a guy that frustrated by being injured and once coming back not being able to contribute.

And oh yes you can say frustration lead to him saying what he said. It happens all the time people get frustrated by a situation and saying that find regrettable later.

I agree with you 100%, but Walker needs to be more careful what he says to the media. I'm sure they are trying to dig out a better story, but he needs to understand that and talk with the coaching staff if he is frustrated, not the media.

mopatt24
01-08-2008, 06:54 PM
I created the thread about this , but here's the link to the radio show interview:

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8082

TXBRONC
01-08-2008, 06:54 PM
I agree with you 100%, but Walker needs to be more careful what he says to the media. I'm sure they are trying to dig out a better story, but he needs to understand that and talk with the coaching staff if he is frustrated, not the media.

I agree he shouldn't have said that and because now he having go back and eat a little crow.

shank
01-08-2008, 06:57 PM
sorry to steer away from Javon discussion, but I have to mention how disturbing your sig is...but funny.
thanks, i like it :salute:

Everyone understands his situation. No one really wanted him gone till he opened his mouth. He said a lot of stupid things and he continues in the latest interview. He says what has he done to be a locker room cancer? Is he serious? He says he just wants to play ball and he doesn't really care about the money? Then restructure and help your team and shut your month and play ball. Didn't you learn anything at all from Rod Smith since you've been in Denver?

people who actually understand his situation still don't want him gone, even though he did open his mouth. what HAS he done to be a locker room cancer? he didn't say a thing until after the season was 100% over and it was out of frustration. i was frustrated for him after his return as we really didn't use him at all even though he wasn't 100%, so i can understand him being very frustrated. how often are players asked to take a paycut because they had an injury? it can't be standard practice, and it would make me upset to hear paycut talk too purely because i had an injury.

i like that he admitted that he can't complain about how he was utilized this year because of the injury. if he had said that in the first lockerroom interview then i never would have had any issue with what javon said. i hope he is still a bronco in 2008, stays healthy, and stretches the field. here's to 2 100 reception receivers in 08:beer:

Skinny
01-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Just keep an eye on that knee Greek ...

shank
01-08-2008, 07:00 PM
oh, i also agree with javon 110% about the media and things that were said about him.

i don't remember who it was but one of the local guys talked so much ish about javon the day of the interview and tried to speak on behalf of all of denver in saying ****. i think thats bs cause the news guy blew everything out of proportion and did his best to make it seem as though all of denver had turned on javon.

i think it was the guy on fox. don't know his name cause he sucks a whole lot, only saw it cause i was channel flipping.
(vic lombardi ftw)

shank
01-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Interesting stuff he said. About the whole giving up his plays for Marshall to get 100. What radio show is that by the way?

if this is true, marshall should make it known. it did seem to me that javon was being black-balled a bit after his return, but i thought the coaches just weren't giving him the plays and cutler wasn't giving him the looks... if he was letting brandon get the 'good plays' and such, then that is a big credit to him.

BOSSHOGG30
01-08-2008, 07:05 PM
He is becoming a locker room cancer by showing the young guys like Marshall that if things aren't going your way you can go to the media and force a trade. He already told Denver that he doesn't care if he is back or not, he also said that Denver just isn't for him and that he wasn't open to reworking his contract to help the Broncos out. How does this not rub off on the team and the Denver Bronco community that Javon is not a team player?

Stand Ablaze
01-08-2008, 07:09 PM
if this is true, marshall should make it known. it did seem to me that javon was being black-balled a bit after his return, but i thought the coaches just weren't giving him the plays and cutler wasn't giving him the looks... if he was letting brandon get the 'good plays' and such, then that is a big credit to him.

He said he didn't let Marshall know, that it was just between him and the coaching staff I think.

UnderArmour
01-08-2008, 07:10 PM

I also sided with him during the comments. I never really thought what he says was that big of a deal honestly. I'd like to have him back still and quite frankly he is the best option available for us. Makes more sense to keep him than to go after someone like Clayton or Bryant Johnson.

BOSSHOGG30
01-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Why would he even come out and say that to the media? If it was between him and the coaches it should of stayed that way. The timing of that comment is so wrong! Please Walker, just shut up and play football.

shank
01-08-2008, 07:12 PM
He is becoming a locker room cancer by showing the young guys like Marshall that if things aren't going your way you can go to the media and force a trade. He already told Denver that he doesn't care if he is back or not, he also said that Denver just isn't for him and that he wasn't open to reworking his contract to help the Broncos out. How does this not rub off on the team and the Denver Bronco community that Javon is not a team player?

a lot of people can see that he said some of those things out of frustration and didn't really mean them (verbatim). he has said that he wants to be in denver if denver wants him here. i don't think he should have to restructure his contract because of an injury unless it is known that he won't be the same player again. he should be back healhty and strong next season, and therefore will be deseriving of his paycheck.

i agree that it's not ideal behavior, but you have to understand and agree that 80% of all wide receivers and 99% of elite wide receivers have a me-first attitude and have to look out for their ego, stats, and pay. it's an unavoidable truth and it comes with the territory of having wide receivers on your football team not named rod smith.

he said some stupid stuff, but has clarified what he said to the point that you can't disagree with him. put yourself in his shoes and everything he said is true.

G_Money
01-08-2008, 07:16 PM
people who actually understand his situation still don't want him gone, even though he did open his mouth. what HAS he done to be a locker room cancer? he didn't say a thing until after the season was 100% over and it was out of frustration. i was frustrated for him after his return as we really didn't use him at all even though he wasn't 100%, so i can understand him being very frustrated. how often are players asked to take a paycut because they had an injury? it can't be standard practice, and it would make me upset to hear paycut talk too purely because i had an injury.

i like that he admitted that he can't complain about how he was utilized this year because of the injury. if he had said that in the first lockerroom interview then i never would have had any issue with what javon said. i hope he is still a bronco in 2008, stays healthy, and stretches the field. here's to 2 100 reception receivers in 08

Okay, but...

a) he said it the second the season was over, with a smile on his face, which looks like the opposite of an emotional outburst of frustration.

b) guys take pay cuts because of injuries all the time. Also because of age, whim, cap reasons...there are a host of reasons guys willingly take or are forced to take pay cuts. Javon got paid top-5 receiver money this year to catch 27 balls or whatever, but doesn't want to be paid in the future based on that performance. Understandable...but not necessarily a bedrock to stand on.

c) he HAS complained about how he's been used. At season's end, during the season right before he went out for knee surgery, when he was listed as inactive even though he thought he could play (and then went out the next week and was the Invisible Man on the field)...

When Javon doesn't get the ball, he complains.

When asked if he wants to be a Bronco, he says he doesn't care, here or somewhere else Javon will be a great receiver.

When asked if he's willing to restructure his contract he starts by saying "no way" then shifts to "I never said never, but..."

He wants to "be used properly" and apparently believes he hasn't been since he got here, huge contract and thousand yard season besides.

Javon says he's not a cancer, and that he doesn't complain, and that he's a good teammate, and that he wants to be a healthy contributor to a winner wherever he goes.

But it really sounds to me like his agent kicked him in the nutsack and told him to go fix the damage so he could do some work for him in the offseason. His 20 minute smiling-complaint session at the end of the year was planned, and this 20-minute spin-cycle was too.

It's hard for me to trust a guy who has always demonstrated through word and deed that he's out for himself first and foremost, and that the team is always secondary.

~G

Stand Ablaze
01-08-2008, 07:18 PM
Why would he even come out and say that to the media? If it was between him and the coaches it should of stayed that way. The timing of that comment is so wrong! Please Walker, just shut up and play football.

He said that because people were calling him a selfish cancer to the team. Did you even listen to the whole interview? Or are you spouting off because you hate the guy?

broncogirl7
01-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Walker is indeed a cancer. I agree with G money. He made his comments with a smile on his face. That was not a face of frustration. He is jealous of Marshall's success. Too bad, trade him. If we don't, then I think Cutler should tell him if he wants to play on the team then he can go down to Atlanta and train the entire off-season with them. Let's see how dedicated he is then. Let's see if he's really a team player.

BigDaddyBronco
01-08-2008, 07:38 PM
Prima donna! A week goes by and he changes his tune (probably his mind). We'll see how serious he is about playing for the Broncos when it's time to renegotiate.

Hey Javon, this is your agent speaking. Could you do me a favor and just shut up!

WARHORSE
01-08-2008, 07:43 PM
Whatever the team decides, Im good with it.:coffee:

But I still say hes soft, :tsk: and thats the truth.

If he plays like he did two years ago, and BMarsh makes some improvement along with Scheff, and we get some key contributions out of a healthy Stokely, our receiving corps will be awesome.

I just as soon do that than trade him, simply because of cap reasons. If he stays, they restructure him if they need to.

fcspikeit
01-08-2008, 07:53 PM
Okay, but...

a) he said it the second the season was over, with a smile on his face, which looks like the opposite of an emotional outburst of frustration.

b) guys take pay cuts because of injuries all the time. Also because of age, whim, cap reasons...there are a host of reasons guys willingly take or are forced to take pay cuts. Javon got paid top-5 receiver money this year to catch 27 balls or whatever, but doesn't want to be paid in the future based on that performance. Understandable...but not necessarily a bedrock to stand on.

c) he HAS complained about how he's been used. At season's end, during the season right before he went out for knee surgery, when he was listed as inactive even though he thought he could play (and then went out the next week and was the Invisible Man on the field)...

When Javon doesn't get the ball, he complains.

When asked if he wants to be a Bronco, he says he doesn't care, here or somewhere else Javon will be a great receiver.

When asked if he's willing to restructure his contract he starts by saying "no way" then shifts to "I never said never, but..."

He wants to "be used properly" and apparently believes he hasn't been since he got here, huge contract and thousand yard season besides.

Javon says he's not a cancer, and that he doesn't complain, and that he's a good teammate, and that he wants to be a healthy contributor to a winner wherever he goes.

But it really sounds to me like his agent kicked him in the nutsack and told him to go fix the damage so he could do some work for him in the offseason. His 20 minute smiling-complaint session at the end of the year was planned, and this 20-minute spin-cycle was too.

It's hard for me to trust a guy who has always demonstrated through word and deed that he's out for himself first and foremost, and that the team is always secondary.

~G

I agree with you...

It sounds to me like Walker is trying to soften his image so other teams will want him.

As it stands..

Who wants an injury prone WR who only cares about himself, Has had a problem and publicly spoke out against both teams he has played for, on top of all that, he demands big bucks.

Is he a cancer? YES!

The very fact this thread exists proves he is a cancer. The fact that the fans are divided about whether he is a problem or not, proves he is a cancer.

If any player takes the talk away from the team and is talked about for off field issues, he could be considered a cancer. His actions are dividing the fans and I'm sure their impacting the team. Therefore, he is a cancer

UnderArmour
01-08-2008, 08:09 PM
If any player takes the talk away from the team and is talked about for off field issues, he could be considered a cancer. His actions are dividing the fans and I'm sure their impacting the team. Therefore, he is a cancer

By that definition, he's doing us a HUGE favor. Our team sucked last year and anything to keep our mind off how bad we lost to the Chargers twice is good. We're not playing right now; there is a reason for that. Javon Walker is part of the reason because he was not around the whole season. We just didn't produce. It's the Defenses fault. It's the coaching staff's fault. It's the offense's fault. It's uncontrolled circumstance's fault.

There is plenty of blame to go around for this season for us to trash a player for a few negative remarks to the media made out of frustration of not making the playoffs for the 2nd straight year. I don't think they should count against him. We sucked, he is confused about his role in our shitty offense(He was barely used since his return), he's most definitely justified in his criticisms. I disagree with how he went about it, but I don't think any less of him for it. We should all just move on. If Javon is healthy he should be allowed to stay. He definitely has talent and is better than any WR in Free Agency(Sides Randy).

fcspikeit
01-08-2008, 08:30 PM
By that definition, he's doing us a HUGE favor. Our team sucked last year and anything to keep our mind off how bad we lost to the Chargers twice is good. We're not playing right now; there is a reason for that. Javon Walker is part of the reason because he was not around the whole season. We just didn't produce. It's the Defenses fault. It's the coaching staff's fault. It's the offense's fault. It's uncontrolled circumstance's fault.

There is plenty of blame to go around for this season for us to trash a player for a few negative remarks to the media made out of frustration of not making the playoffs for the 2nd straight year. I don't think they should count against him. We sucked, he is confused about his role in our shitty offense(He was barely used since his return), he's most definitely justified in his criticisms. I disagree with how he went about it, but I don't think any less of him for it. We should all just move on. If Javon is healthy he should be allowed to stay. He definitely has talent and is better than any WR in Free Agency(Sides Randy).

It would be foolish to place all the blame for our pour play this year on Walker.

Who is doing that? I never said he was the reason we sucked this year.

What does that have to do with him being a cancer?

There are 52 other guys that played on the same team as Walker. Yet we are not talking about them making out of line comments to the media. Why? Beings they played on the same lousy team, wouldn't they also get a free pass? So why is it just Walker?

Simple... Because Javon only cares about Javon.. He only done this because his other comment hurt Javon.. That makes him a cancer

broncofanatic1987
01-08-2008, 08:44 PM
I think the Broncos should keep Walker and pay him the money. I find it hard to believe that they will be hampered in signing free agents or draft picks because of his contract. They were projected to be over $16 million under the cap for 2008 even with counting his contract. They've done a lot with less before.

If they can get him to take less, fine, but I think they would be better off just living up to the contract.

UnderArmour
01-08-2008, 08:47 PM
It would be foolish to place all the blame for our pour play this year on Walker.

Who is doing that? I never said he was the reason we sucked this year.

What does that have to do with him being a cancer?

There are 52 other guys that played on the same team as Walker. Yet we are not talking about them making out of line comments to the media. Why? Beings they played on the same lousy team, wouldn't they also get a free pass? So why is it just Walker?

Simple... Because Javon only cares about Javon.. He only done this because his other comment hurt Javon.. That makes him a cancer
My post was not entirely directed at you, but from the length of this thread and the general feeling I get from this thread, it just seems like Walker is getting waaaay more heat than usual. It definitely has to do with our terrible season.

Didn't Marshall call the fans classless for leaving early at our first ass kicking from the Chargers? Wouldn't that be cancerous too? I recall Foxworth coming out and saying it didn't seem like guys had a lot of confidence in the system, wouldn't that be cancer as it sells out the defensive coaching staff? Javon's initial remarks are not something I agree with, but I'm certainly not going to hold it against him or go as far as calling him a cancer. He had a rough 2007, no doubt about that. I still think it should be allowed to slide.

BOSSHOGG30
01-08-2008, 08:56 PM
My post was not entirely directed at you, but from the length of this thread and the general feeling I get from this thread, it just seems like Walker is getting waaaay more heat than usual. It definitely has to do with our terrible season.

Didn't Marshall call the fans classless for leaving early at our first ass kicking from the Chargers? Wouldn't that be cancerous too? I recall Foxworth coming out and saying it didn't seem like guys had a lot of confidence in the system, wouldn't that be cancer as it sells out the defensive coaching staff? Javon's initial remarks are not something I agree with, but I'm certainly not going to hold it against him or go as far as calling him a cancer. He had a rough 2007, no doubt about that. I still think it should be allowed to slide.

Marshall is 23 years old and he was actually complaining about something that is true. How old is Walker? He should know better. Only if you have been to the old stadium and compare it to the new stadium will you really know what Marshall is talking about. There just isn't as many blue collar fans in the stadium anymore. A lot more white collar fans fill the stadium. You have Bronco fans sitting down the entire game and yelling at you if you stand up. I remember going to games in the old stadium and everyone would be on their feet the entire game just going crazy and having a great time. It just isn't the same.

Javon's remarks rub off different. They say, I, me, and not team. He says that Denver is not good for Javon, that the team wants him there, but he just doesn't know. Marshall is thinking about the team and how they feel about the way the fans acted, while Marshall is thinking about himself and only himself. There is a huge difference.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-08-2008, 09:09 PM
I'd love to see him in Denver w/ the right attitude...and price tag. Otherwise...see ya.

broncosfanscott
01-08-2008, 09:12 PM
I like Walker and can be helpful in our offense if he can remain healthy. I understand the frustration he had to deal with over the past year. I mean first it was D-Will and then getting injured and not being able to help the club like he did in '06. To see a young kid like Marshall have the year he had doesn't help. I hope that over time he thinks more about this and there can be a peaceful solution which leads to him staying.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-08-2008, 09:13 PM
W/ BM, JW, Stoklet, Scheff, Graham, etc our O will be fierce. IF he stays, this will even allow Shanny to focus where he needs to via FA...the OLine!

Hawgdriver
01-08-2008, 09:48 PM
I want to see Javon return healthy and ready to prove himself for his next contract--and then stay healthy. It makes sense from both a personnel and salary cap perspective. Let's give him a chance to make things right on the field. I do think Javon revealed a negative glimpse of himself in the interviews, but so did Clinton Portis when asked about Michael Vick. We might be surprised at what we heard from many of our less well-spoken players, less mature players. If all he was doing is expressing his frustration at his own (very personal) situation, I can live with that. Hey, they asked. As far a being a cancer in the locker room, I think most NFL players can understand that you have to attend to your own business to some degree. I would be surprised to find if he did not get along with other players just fine. He seems a positive role model on the field (when healthy) who brings intense competitive drive. Younger players will learn that when Javon venting his frustration that it was a bad decision, and they will avoid it. If anyone is to blame for "locker room cancer", it's the media in my opinion. Whipping up a dollop of good 'ol fashion contention and dissent allows them to sell more ads. If it wasn't for episodes like that, there wouldn't be any news. He seems contrite and apologetic. For me, apology accepted. We'll see where we go from here--the ball is in the Bronco court. I've accepted either outcome. I hope the result is that in 2008 we witness the most explosive offense in Bronco history.

Now, about that line...

shank
01-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Marshall is 23 years old and he was actually complaining about something that is true.

what did walker ever say that was untrue?

hawgdriver, i agree with you post. it was a rough year for everyone on the team, and was especially rough on javon; allow him to vent, which he did, allow him to clarify intent, which he did, and move on, which i hope we can.

i can accept any outcome from this (except for him being cut really, that would just suck) but i too hope he comes out and plays hard and healthy for us in 08 to silence everyone and make us forget that he ever doubted his situation with the broncos.

Day1BroncoFan
01-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Sounds to me like he's playing his cards. He knows he's worth more to other teams if the Broncos still want him. Another team can wait it out and pick him up for less if they know he and the Broncos aren't getting along.

I know I seen one play in the last San Diego game that he looked like he just gave up on the play. I can't say which play it was though.

omac
01-08-2008, 11:11 PM
Based on the original thread about him wanting out, along with the article and and the video link, and now with this new info, this proves .... that I was right and you were all wrong! ... just kidding, hehehe. :D

But seriously, in the original video, he just sounded like a guy who was coming off another injury who wasn't sure of his place in the team, or if the team even wanted him back, and he was just giving himself some emotional outs.

TXBRONC
01-08-2008, 11:13 PM
Based on the original thread about him wanting out, along with the article and and the video link, and now with this new info, this proves .... that I was right and you were all wrong! ... just kidding, hehehe. :D

But seriously, in the original video, he just sounded like a guy who was coming off another injury who wasn't sure of his place in the team, or if the team even wanted him back, and he was just giving himself some emotional outs.

Exactly, he sounded like guy who was frustrated with the situation.

omac
01-09-2008, 12:22 AM
Exactly, he sounded like guy who was frustrated with the situation.

I'm glad it looks like he's staying; he's way better than Berrian, Bryant, Carter and anyone else on the ufa list besides Moss, who I wouldn't want anyway. Definitely better than Lelie. :cheers:

MOtorboat
01-09-2008, 12:27 AM
Contract positioning...that's all...

If we can get a good trade for him go for it, if not, we get a top-caliber wide receiver...

gobroncsnv
01-09-2008, 12:29 AM
Well, for a while, it was starting to sound like the thing with the Pack all over again. I never did see the video, so if that softens what he said, by the way he was saying it, I'd love to see him back. He's a great WR when healthy, and we really need that kind of quality to complement BMarsh. They can make each other better, if ego doesn't get in the way. Eddie and Rod had plenty of passes to go around, and we had a great running attack as well. This offense could really click if we got him healthy and the line fixed.

omac
01-09-2008, 12:49 AM
Again, the guy is all class. I really don't get where all this troublemaker talk comes from? He's comes off as pretty honest and humble.

Here's to a great 2009 season for Javon and the rest of the Broncos! :cheers:

Lonestar
01-09-2008, 12:53 AM
Again, the guy is all class. I really don't get where all this troublemaker talk comes from? He's comes off as pretty honest and humble.

have you been drinking again?

Bronco9798
01-09-2008, 12:54 AM

How about 2008?

omac
01-09-2008, 12:55 AM
have you been drinking again?

Nah, have you?

When's he been a troublemaker in Denver?

Oh, but I did mean 2008 season, hehehe.

omac
01-09-2008, 12:56 AM
How about 2008?

ooooopppsss .... hehehe. 2008 too. :cheers:

omac
01-09-2008, 12:58 AM
Come on Jrwiz, did you actualy watch the original interview, and listen to the radio talk show, or were you just basing it on the articles written from them. The first article painted a very different picture from the original interview.

omac
01-09-2008, 01:07 AM
Well, for a while, it was starting to sound like the thing with the Pack all over again. I never did see the video, so if that softens what he said, by the way he was saying it, I'd love to see him back. He's a great WR when healthy, and we really need that kind of quality to complement BMarsh. They can make each other better, if ego doesn't get in the way. Eddie and Rod had plenty of passes to go around, and we had a great running attack as well. This offense could really click if we got him healthy and the line fixed.

The article written was sensationalized; it painted a very, very different picture of what Javon said in the original interview, and even the way he said it. The press does that a lot.

Lonestar
01-09-2008, 01:45 AM
Come on Jrwiz, did you actualy watch the original interview, and listen to the radio talk show, or were you just basing it on the articles written from them. The first article painted a very different picture from the original interview.

I did not SEE any interviews at all. DO not get any of them here in no mans land.

I did listen to it after posting the above comment..

I have real mixed feelings about this.. The clown stuck his foot in his mouth and took 3-4 days to get it out. One wonders if ashley called him or maybe Rod to tell him to get his act together..

The initial comments were beyond dumb, especially if he indeed do that for Marshall. I can;t see him doing hat and then getting stupid the next day.. That make no sense unless he is just plain DUMB.

Do not know what to think . I do feel that because of the knee injury he should re-do the contract and make it incentive based.. If he is as good as he thinks he is then it is not problem.. have the Broncos but him an insurance policy that would guarantee him the income if something catastrophic happens.. That is a win win.. He does well even in a supporting function with Marshall getting lots of balls he gets money. f he has another break out year and Marshall supports that is OK also..

But unless the knee is 100% then he does not get the roster bonus..

omac
01-09-2008, 12:45 PM
I did not SEE any interviews at all. DO not get any of them here in no mans land.

So you didn't SEE the original press conference, and were basing your opinions on the written article? Basing your opinions on what the writers wrote, instead of seeing him respond to questions, will paint a very different picture. Many who've read the article then later actually saw the press video agree that the article paints a way worse picture than Javon did at the press conference.

I have real mixed feelings about this.. The clown stuck his foot in his mouth and took 3-4 days to get it out. One wonders if ashley called him or maybe Rod to tell him to get his act together..

Then again, he may have just been man enough to admit to his own mistakes, and apologize for it. There is no proof that he was influenced by Ashley or Rod to do so, none at all; pure speculation. What is not speculation is that he did apologize and admit when that he was wrong; most don't even know how to do that.

Also, if you listened to the radio interview, the hosts kept focusing on the point that what he said in the press conference could be interpreted differently by some people than what Javon intended. The hosts kept mentioning about how most people are not trained to properly address the press without their words getting twisted into something else. That's why it's important to base your opinion on the video press conference, not the written article.

The initial comments were beyond dumb, especially if he indeed do that for Marshall. I can;t see him doing hat and then getting stupid the next day.. That make no sense unless he is just plain DUMB.

Again, you're basing his initial comments on what was written about him; watch the original press conference video with an open mind first, as most people agree that it was very, very different.

Do not know what to think . I do feel that because of the knee injury he should re-do the contract and make it incentive based.. If he is as good as he thinks he is then it is not problem.. have the Broncos but him an insurance policy that would guarantee him the income if something catastrophic happens.. That is a win win.. He does well even in a supporting function with Marshall getting lots of balls he gets money. f he has another break out year and Marshall supports that is OK also..

Well his contention about those aspects is this; he did not get much in the initial year of his contract, yet in that year, he performed great with about 1200 yards and 7 or 9 TDs, something like that. Now, he plays hard for the Broncos and in so doing gets himself injured, just as he's about to really get paid. To not get compensated properly isn't very fair, considering he got himself injured while playing for his team.

Athletes are in a high-risk business, specially with football, where one hit could be their last. I don't mind the high salaries, because I believe an athlete and his family should be protected.

Look at Simms' situation at Tampa Bay; he gave them his all and got his spleen injured, and now, they don't want any of him.

Why should an athlete voluntarily remove the insurance he has against a career ending or even fatal injury?

The message I hear in both his radio interview and the press conference video is that he doesn't know if the Broncos want him back; if they do, then he'll be a Bronco, if not he won't.

Again, unless you watch the original press conference video, you will not get the whole picture.

DenBronx
01-09-2008, 01:32 PM
i hope it all works out for the broncos and javon. i'd like him to do his shhhhh be quiet finger to the chargers next year. really though, the last time we had two wr's with 100 catches our offense was i think in the top five. that was with eddie and rod. now that cutlers in his 3rd year he is only going to get better and i think our running game is going to be much better because of no marijuana distractions.

i think our defense will be harder to fix and if we can somehow work this out on both ends with the javon situation, then i think we will primarily concentrate on defense this offseason. but if we cut or trade walker then that only leaves yet another hole to fix. so i don't like trying to deal or cut him.

and stop calling him a cancer.

topscribe
01-09-2008, 02:11 PM

A couple items to consider:

1. Javon was facing the anniversary of the night D-Will died a bloody death
in his arms.

2. From the sidelines, Javon helplessly watched Marshall do what he (Javon)
envisioned himself doing, and could not do it along side Marshall . . . all
season.

In short, Javon was caught at a very emotional time. I listened to the
interview where he was accused of popping off, and the reporters asked
him some very baiting questions. Now, Javon isn't any tyro in interviews and
can usually hold his own with the media, I'm sure, but I am also sure he was
not all there that night.

The media, in turn, subtly misrepresented Javon's attitude and remarks. For
instance, they said he rambled for eight minutes. Not true. Javon gave
direct answers to questions for eight minutes, patiently repeating answers
to repeated questions from those idiots.

Javon really impressed me in yesterday's interview. Again, reports of his
apology were skewed, representing him as saying, "I apologize. I'm sorry.
Let's move on." That sounds as if he was just dismissing it. But in the
actual interview, his apology sounded very sincere.

Perhaps, had I not witnessed those interviews, I might view Javon as an
ungrateful, self-centered punk. However, having seen them, I believe there
might be some quality to that young man. We'll see, but that is my impression.

-----

HolyDiver
01-09-2008, 02:25 PM

in his arms.

2. From the sidelines, Javon watched Marshall do what he (Javon) envisioned
himself doing, and could not do a thing to do it with him . . . all season.

can usually hold his own with the media, I'm sure but I am also sure he was

-----

I saw his original interview..................I hope he's 100% and wants to play in Denver. It just sounded like he didn't want to be here anymore...............But me as a fan, would not hold what he said over his head as long as he truely wants to be a Bronco.............Because if he does not..............well, careful what you wish for. ..................Hopefully he realizes that playing with Marshall and Stokely will make them the best trio in the NFL..............A young QB with a cannon throwing the ball, not to mention Sheffler and Selvin Young, who are both good at catching the ball too...............Our Offense, on paper, could look alot like Indy's.................It's very possible.

Lonestar
01-09-2008, 02:34 PM
So you didn't SEE the original press conference, and were basing your opinions on the written article? Basing your opinions on what the writers wrote, instead of seeing him respond to questions, will paint a very different picture. Many who've read the article then later actually saw the press video agree that the article paints a way worse picture than Javon did at the press conference.

Then again, he may have just been man enough to admit to his own mistakes, and apologize for it. There is no proof that he was influenced by Ashley or Rod to do so, none at all; pure speculation. What is not speculation is that he did apologize and admit when that he was wrong; most don't even know how to do that.

Also, if you listened to the radio interview, the hosts kept focusing on the point that what he said in the press conference could be interpreted differently by some people than what Javon intended. The hosts kept mentioning about how most people are not trained to properly address the press without their words getting twisted into something else. That's why it's important to base your opinion on the video press conference, not the written article.

Again, you're basing his initial comments on what was written about him; watch the original press conference video with an open mind first, as most people agree that it was very, very different.

Well his contention about those aspects is this; he did not get much in the initial year of his contract, yet in that year, he performed great with about 1200 yards and 7 or 9 TDs, something like that. Now, he plays hard for the Broncos and in so doing gets himself injured, just as he's about to really get paid. To not get compensated properly isn't very fair, considering he got himself injured while playing for his team.

Athletes are in a high-risk business, specially with football, where one hit could be their last. I don't mind the high salaries, because I believe an athlete and his family should be protected.

Look at Simms' situation at Tampa Bay; he gave them his all and got his spleen injured, and now, they don't want any of him.

Why should an athlete voluntarily remove the insurance he has against a career ending or even fatal injury?

The message I hear in both his radio interview and the press conference video is that he doesn't know if the Broncos want him back; if they do, then he'll be a Bronco, if not he won't.

Again, unless you watch the original press conference video, you will not get the whole picture.

If you have a link I will..

Yes I just read the article and listened to comments from folks here.

I still feel that due to the injury He should re-do the contract for EVERYONES sake. Build in incentives as I said before and have the Broncos pay for an insurance policy for injury related issues to guarantee his income IF he goes down with a career ending injury.

Make him work for his money via incentives, but make sure he does not go down and out with the policy..

After all he made pretty good money last year for almost no production that should been considered good faith by DEN. Had he not had the injury then I'd have WAY less concern about the up coming roster bonus. right now he is damaged goods until he proves else wise..

shank
01-09-2008, 02:35 PM

in his arms.

2. From the sidelines, Javon watched Marshall do what he (Javon) envisioned
himself doing, and could not do it along side Marshall . . . all season.

-----

i agree with this 110% and couldn't have worded it any better. you have to hear the words straight from javon in their original context or you just don't see where he is coming from. every writer and sports newscaster took everything he said out of context and blew it up to create interest. they should of let what he said do the talking because it is a story, but not the story they turned it into.

after seeing the entire original interview i had almost no problem with the things javon said, as most of it was true, and he was responding to questions with honest answers. i don't even feel the apology and retraction was all that necessary, but it shows that he is classy that he did it anyway because so many people took his words and twisted them to make him look bad. he seemed very truthful and pretty damned humble in the 2nd interview and i believed what he said.

i really hope he gets everything worked out and comes to camp (as a healthy #1, he shouldn't lose his job to injury and the thought of marshall against #2 corners is freaking awesome) and stays healthy and we see one of the best offenses int he NFL (especially if we can fix up the Oline).

work it out shanny and javon!

Lonestar
01-09-2008, 02:39 PM

in his arms.

2. From the sidelines, Javon helplessly watched Marshall do what he (Javon)
envisioned himself doing, and could not do it along side Marshall . . . all
season.

-----

well history repeated (GB) sounded more like the issue at hand..

I have not heard the original comment only the article there from.. If someone has a link I'll listen.. frankly I thouught is was a paper interview and not an audio one.

shank
01-09-2008, 02:45 PM
well history repeated (GB) sounded more like the issue at hand..

I have not heard the original comment only the article there from.. If someone has a link I'll listen.. frankly I thouught is was a paper interview and not an audio one.

the articles and every newscaster really made walker out to be a jerk who hated the broncos and didn't want to be here, when he never said that. he expressed uncertainty about his future with the broncos and his fit here, especially because of his injury and the emergence of brandon marshall. i was really pretty pissed when i saw some of the newscasts regarding the interview, because they probably only made javon want to leave more to see his words twisted and the newscasters try and turn the whole city on the man for being honest and unsure.

i am trying to find the original video, but am having a hell of a time. why the hell would they delete such a recent and important video from every single website?

EDIT: JR here you go;

video of the interview (http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=A659291CBACC3C0855BA292C7DB0F144 ?contentId=5357768&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1)

i mean seriously! the VERY first question he is asked, "in the future, do you see yourself with the denver broncos?"

how is he supposed to answer that when there is so many rumors of him needing to take a paycut? he can't say yes, he obviously can't say no... this whole thing got so twisted and blown up it's a shame as it would personally make me want to be here less if a whole city can turn on you like they did... even the people on THIS board who are supposed to be the most informed and the biggest fans all turned on him at the drop of a hat.

DenBronx
01-09-2008, 03:54 PM
some of you guys are really blowing this out of proportion. like topscribe said maybe javon was a little emotional on news years eve. it was also pointed out that he had to keep repeating himself to these idiot reporters....none of them were asking if he was holding up ok regarding dwill. then i think he was very worried about losing alot of money because of his nagging injury this year. javon truly believes that his knee problem isnt related to his previous injury, now this we will not know until training camp.

my big thing is, the guy actually apologized a few days later and you guys are still calling for his head. javon spoke his mind and you guys did'nt like it. then he apologizes and you guys don't like THE WAY he apologized. unbelievable.

CoachChaz
01-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Even if Javon says he loves the Broncos and will gladly take a paycut, I would prefer exploring trade options with him. His knee is just too unreliable.
________
Chevrolet buses (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/Chevrolet_buses)

shank
01-09-2008, 04:11 PM
Even if Javon says he loves the Broncos and will gladly take a paycut, I would prefer exploring trade options with him. His knee is just too unreliable.

if you feel this way then other teams will feel this way, meaning trade options are limited and unappealing. if the team feels he can come back healthy and remain that way it think we need to keep him around.

his knee makes it so that he has far more value to us than other teams, making almost any trade scenario have us getting the short end of the deal. i don't like that.

CoachChaz
01-09-2008, 04:15 PM
if you feel this way then other teams will feel this way, meaning trade options are limited and unappealing. if the team feels he can come back healthy and remain that way it think we need to keep him around.

his knee makes it so that he has far more value to us than other teams, making almost any trade scenario have us getting the short end of the deal. i don't like that.

That's why I said EXPLORE. Never know when a team will be willing to make an offer that doesn't shaft us.
________
Professional liability insurance forum (http://www.insurance-forums.org/professional-liability-insurance/)

DenBronx
01-09-2008, 04:32 PM
That's why I said EXPLORE. Never know when a team will be willing to make an offer that doesn't shaft us.

Nothing wrong with that. If we could entertain a few offers then it's always worth a try. But as Shawshank said, what team is going to give us a good offer? The truth is none. We need at least a high 3rd rounder for Walker. Who would do that? Oakland? They just dumped their diva last year so no on them. The Chefs?

UnderArmour
01-09-2008, 04:41 PM
Nothing wrong with that. If we could entertain a few offers then it's always worth a try. But as Shawshank said, what team is going to give us a good offer? The truth is none. We need at least a high 3rd rounder for Walker. Who would do that? Oakland? They just dumped their diva last year so no on them. The Chefs?

3rd rounder? Absolutely not. Unless by some miracle we can get a quality player for him or a 2nd rounder, we may as well keep him. Nobody in the 3rd, 4th, or 5th round would be better than Walker. Are you out of your damn mind?

HolyDiver
01-09-2008, 04:47 PM
3rd rounder? Absolutely not. Unless by some miracle we can get a quality player for him or a 2nd rounder, we may as well keep him. Nobody in the 3rd, 4th, or 5th round would be better than Walker. Are you out of your damn mind?

Walker had back to back 100 yard games i do believe and then he got injured. He was on pace to have a great season.I think he'll be back to playing well next season.

shank
01-09-2008, 04:56 PM

it can now be argued that walker has attitude problems.
he is coming off a knee injury and has a history of injuries.
if shanny wants him gone he'll accept less in a trade than his actual value.
randy moss went for a 4th rounder last year.

reasons like these dictate that javon would probably yield us at best a third rounder, most guesses i've seen so far are that we'd get a 4th for him in a trade, which i do not think is enough. if he is in a package deal that yields a very good player or a very high pick, then maybe i can accept him being delt, but otherwise i'd rather us hold on to him and let him prove himself worthy of money in 08.

i understand what you mean by explore coach, i wasn't attacking you, i just think the likelyhood that we get anywhere near his value as a player is slim. i'm worried that shanny has already put him in the doghouse and will get rid of him for nothing.

and denbronx, i really don't like the idea of having javon in the afc west if we do dump him. that would almost guarantee that he comes back to 100% health and has a personal grudge against us for the rest of his career. doesn't sound good to me.

Lonestar
01-09-2008, 05:21 PM
after listening/watching to the first video, It was apparent to me he did not see himself back with the Broncos..

I sounded like he was less than thrilled to be here in the first place. Other than he was out of GB. But he also said IMO that he would not be adverse to going back there..

I'll give some of you the benefit of the doubt over him being emotional about Darrent. Even with all the questions asked it seemed to me he was preparing himself for not being here.. Lots of references to playing elsewhere if not here..

I still want to know if his knee is good before he gets a big roster bonus..

fcspikeit
01-09-2008, 05:23 PM

I'm sure your right, If we had been a playoff team and Walker had not got hurt I bet he would be singing a different tune.

Isn't that when you can really see what you have as a player/teammate? When things are bad is when players true feeling come out.

Marshall questioning the fan-hood of those who gave up on the team and walked out is understandable. Why would I blame him for questioning the commitment of our fans, when I am questioning the commitment of Walker to this team?

As far as what Foxworth said.. I have seen a few people sour on him because of what he said. I didn't see or read it, so I really can't judge one way or the other. But, If what he said, separated himself from the team and brought the attention onto himself he could be considered a cancer.

IMO.. Anyone that divides the team is a cancer. If they are always saying look at me or complaining about the coaches or other players, if it causes division among the team, the are a disruption.

NightTrainLayne
01-09-2008, 05:25 PM
I must be getting old because I can't read this stuff in red with the blue background.

shank
01-09-2008, 05:27 PM
after listening/watching to the first video, It was apparent to me he did not see himself back with the Broncos..

I sounded like he was less than thrilled to be here in the first place. Other than he was out of GB. But he also said IMO that he would not be adverse to going back there..

I'll give some of you the benefit of the doubt over him being emotional about Darrent. Even with all the questions asked it seemed to me he was preparing himself for not being here.. Lots of references to playing elsewhere if not here..

I still want to know if his knee is good before he gets a big roster bonus..

the thing is that we don't know how much of his anticipation of not being here is coming from him, and how much is coming from the broncos. maybe he had heard before this that he was likely going to be traded or cut from within the organization... then none of this is an attack at the broncos or anything, but rather a reactionary interview filled with his rationalizations. either way, i just don't really hold it against him.

i hope his knee is ok and he's here next year.

DenBronx
01-09-2008, 06:00 PM

no but are you? we gave a low 2nd round pick for him 2 years ago and his value has decreased. i never said that anyone would be better than javon. i simply stated what i thought teams would offer.

who did greenbay pick with our low 2nd rounder? oh thats right jenkins. :rolleyes: so don't say value isnt there with a high 3rd.

fcspikeit
01-09-2008, 06:04 PM
I must be getting old because I can't read this stuff in red with the blue background.

LOL...

Your right,, when red is used it gives the post a 3D affect. I will keep that in mind for my future post's. :salute:

G_Money
01-09-2008, 06:24 PM
some of you guys are really blowing this out of proportion. like topscribe said maybe javon was a little emotional on news years eve. it was also pointed out that he had to keep repeating himself to these idiot reporters....none of them were asking if he was holding up ok regarding dwill. then i think he was very worried about losing alot of money because of his nagging injury this year. javon truly believes that his knee problem isnt related to his previous injury, now this we will not know until training camp.

my big thing is, the guy actually apologized a few days later and you guys are still calling for his head. javon spoke his mind and you guys did'nt like it. then he apologizes and you guys don't like THE WAY he apologized. unbelievable.

Javon, when healthy and productive, is a tremendous force on the field.

Javon has also always been a pouty so-and-so when things don't go his way.

Do I want to give him away for nothing, if he's healthy? No. I'd looooooooooooooove for him to come back and pair up with the Brandons to make one of the best receiving corps in the league.

Do I believe he is healthy? No.

Do I believe he will ever be entirely healthy again? No.

Can Javon contribute w/o being fully healthy? Well, he didn't this year.

Can Javon handle not being able to fully contribute? No, he sucks at being injured and he sucks at playing second-fiddle to anyone.

Do I want to pay an injury-prone (and possibly now chronically injured) and pouty WR top-5 receiver money when he can't even say "Man, I really want to be back on the Broncos next year" in an interview? No.

Some of you guys make out like J-Walk is a victim here. Like he got ambushed by a reporter, flung off a one-liner, and had it taken out of context.

Javon is normally a grumpy, surly biznatch with the media. They were astonished that he was smiling and chattering at them and willing to talk for 20 minutes about his disaffection with what he perceives as his role on the team and how he doesn't feel it's the best fit for him.

Javon held court, for the first time all year and possibly since he got here, with the media. He answered questions until people didn't have questions left. He apparently had something he wanted to say.

So why are we bad people for assuming that he meant what he said? Even his denial of demanding a trade is wishy-washy. He had days to think about how to best get across what he meant, and again didn't really clear the air (As evinced by us still having this argument).

"I want to be in Denver no matter what, fulfill my contract to the Broncos organization, and show people I am a force that will push Marshall for the #1 slot no matter what" is not exactly what he said.

"I like the city of Denver, but the team may not be the best fit for me, and I am willing to go to wherever they might send me and be a great receiver for whoever has me" is more along the lines of what he said.

There's a lot of "ME" in that summary. Because there's a lot of "ME" in Javon.

Which is fine when he can do the things he thinks he can do - but he couldn't do those things this year and the likelyhood of him playing out his contract being able to do those things for an entire season again is getting less.

~G

SmilinAssasSin27
01-09-2008, 06:25 PM
I just wanna know as soon as possible if I need to take his name off the back of my 84 jersey. That is all. Nothing more at this point. Just make a frickin decision.

Stargazer
01-10-2008, 06:36 AM
That pesky bonus. What will Denver do?

Mike
01-10-2008, 09:27 AM
"For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks."

Damage control.

Stargazer
01-10-2008, 11:55 AM
we gave a low 2nd round pick for him 2 years ago and his value has decreased. i never said that anyone would be better than javon. i simply stated what i thought teams would offer.

who did greenbay pick with our low 2nd rounder? oh thats right jenkins. :rolleyes: so don't say value isnt there with a high 3rd.

I wouldn't consider the #37 overall pick a low 2nd. #5 in the 2nd round. Green Bay shipped the pick to Atlanta.

Retired_Member_001
01-10-2008, 12:00 PM
Javon Walker needs to be put on the same bus as Bates, Ian Gold, Erik Pears, Montrae Holland and Nate Webster are getting on. The one that goes as far away from Denver as possible.

The guy didn't sound too convincing in his interview, he's also always injury prone and he definitely has an ego bigger than his heart.

Get him out.

Stargazer
01-10-2008, 12:04 PM
Javon Walker needs to be put on the same bus as Bates, Ian Gold, Erik Pears, Montrae Holland and Nate Webster are getting on.

He probably will. Denver isn't going to write the bonus checks. He knows that. If he doesn't restructure his contract, adios!

HolyDiver
01-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Javon Walker needs to be put on the same bus as Bates, Ian Gold, Erik Pears, Montrae Holland and Nate Webster are getting on. The one that goes as far away from Denver as possible.

The guy didn't sound too convincing in his interview, he's also always injury prone and he definitely has an ego bigger than his heart.

Get him out.

Holland did a great job for us and Webster got better toward the end of the season.................Pears has started at Tackle two years in a row, both Left and right. .................Gold can hit the road but the other three, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Retired_Member_001
01-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Holland did a great job for us and Webster got better toward the end of the season.................Pears has started at Tackle two years in a row, both Left and right. .................Gold can hit the road but the other three, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Webster misses alot of tackles and isn't as good as Winborn, Pears has started at tackle and been terrible, Montrae Holland isn't good enough either.

Stargazer
01-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Webster misses alot of tackles and isn't as good as Winborn, Pears has started at tackle and been terrible, Montrae Holland isn't good enough either.

But, Webster crosses his arms and stares at another Bronco LB after making a big play. It's very rare and might occur every other game.:laugh:

MOtorboat
01-10-2008, 12:26 PM
But, Webster crosses his arms and stares at another Bronco LB after making a big play. It's very rare and might occur every other game.:laugh:

For me to pay attention to anything you say, you're going to have to lose the hot girl...:laugh:

HolyDiver
01-10-2008, 03:24 PM

Well, we must be watching a different Montre Holland then.

BOSSHOGG30
01-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Holland might of been our best lineman last season! He was very good.

HolyDiver
01-10-2008, 03:35 PM
Holland might of been our best lineman last season! He was very good.

That's what I think too...........I like our O-line...........Remember, Lepsis took several years to develope.............He turned out to be a very good Tackle. Pears might go the same route................Kuper and Myers, in their first year starting, will only get better.

CoachChaz
01-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Holland WAS our best lineman. Give the man an extension.

I still fail to see why so many people think Webster is horrible. He's a Hurricane and he's going to be cocky, but let's be real...we're not going to have 3 Pro Bowl LB's no matter how hard we try.

G_Money
01-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Holland WAS our best lineman. Give the man an extension.

I still fail to see why so many people think Webster is horrible. He's a Hurricane and he's going to be cocky, but let's be real...we're not going to have 3 Pro Bowl LB's no matter how hard we try.

Webster's not the worst. If we have him and Winborn competing for one spot at LB, with the loser being a great STer and backup, that's fine with me. I just don't want both of them starting. Winborn overpursues like a muther (which might actually be helped by him playing the strong-side, if we move DJ back to Will) and Webster's over-agressive bad routes and desire to make the big hit instead of the big stop can play against him.

But with two other great LBs, I can have either of those guys be fine - as the Other Guy.

Holland is the only reason Myers didn't get crushed playing center - because Holland has arms like the incredible hulk.

~G

DenBronx
01-10-2008, 05:06 PM
can we keep the topic on j-walk???

here's what bothers me on the walker issue. it's not his knee, it's not the death of dwill, it's not his contract and it's not him even speaking out about it. it's that he just doesn't seem to have the same bond with cutler that bmarsh, stokely and chef have with him. i wonder if walker even went to the party that cutler threw for the team? does walker feel like he has a connection with the players and this offense? he said several times "i just don't see where i fit in" maybe that's because of play calling but then he later said the last couple of games that he had an agreement with the coaches to help marshall get 100 catches. i don't know if that's true or not in fact it sounds ridiculous. if he doesn't feel like he fits in then why would he want to make "an agreement" to take plays off?

cutler should try and connect with walker this offseason. just do anything to keep him away from lelie. remember walker and lelie usually work out together in the offseason, so by having them get together might only stir it up even more. walker needs some positive influences around him.

TXBRONC
01-10-2008, 09:13 PM
can we keep the topic on j-walk???

here's what bothers me on the walker issue. it's not his knee, it's not the death of dwill, it's not his contract and it's not him even speaking out about it. it's that he just doesn't seem to have the same bond with cutler that bmarsh, stokely and chef have with him. i wonder if walker even went to the party that cutler threw for the team? does walker feel like he has a connection with the players and this offense? he said several times "i just don't see where i fit in" maybe that's because of play calling but then he later said the last couple of games that he had an agreement with the coaches to help marshall get 100 catches. i don't know if that's true or not in fact it sounds ridiculous. if he doesn't feel like he fits in then why would he want to make "an agreement" to take plays off?

cutler should try and connect with walker this offseason. just do anything to keep him away from lelie. remember walker and lelie usually work out together in the offseason, so by having them get together might only stir it up even more. walker needs some positive influences around him.

Missing 6 weeks of the season is certainly going to mess up chemistry between a young quarterback with limited experience and his receiver. In fact, Walker was the team's leading receiver in the first two weeks of the season.
It wasn't like Marshall and Cutler were on the same wave length from the get go.

Maybe Walker didn't go to the party thrown by Jay but then again maybe he did. Heck for that matter we don't who was and wasn't there.

Watchthemiddle
01-10-2008, 09:48 PM
Missing 6 weeks of the season is certainly going to mess up chemistry between a young quarterback with limited experience and his receiver. In fact, Walker was the team's leading receiver in the first two weeks of the season.
It wasn't like Marshall and Cutler were on the same wave length from the get go.

Maybe Walker didn't go to the party thrown by Jay but then again maybe he did. Heck for that matter we don't who was and wasn't there.

It was mostly Jay to Javon in those drives to win the games the first two weeks of the season. They were clicking very well.

As a matter of fact, they hooked up 3 or 4 times in the final drive against buffalo on quick slants.

Jay and Marshall might have the chemistry now, but having a healthy at #2 can't hurt things.

Skinny
01-10-2008, 10:10 PM
cutler should try and connect with walker this offseason... I think you bring up a good point here DB and i understand what you mean by Cutler connecting with Javon. But at this point and what's been said - and this an that with the fustration and media - it may be in Javons best interest to connect with not just Jay ... but the team as a whole.

Walker choses himself to go to Tempe Arizona (Athletes' Performance Institute ) and work out on his own ... a decision he makes himself ... He did it when he was in GB too.

It would probably be a good idea for Javon to hang around Dove Valley this off season and work out with the guys and show face. Show that he truly wants to be in Denver and is commited too it.

Just my point of veiw on that ...

TXBRONC
01-10-2008, 10:17 PM
It was mostly Jay to Javon in those drives to win the games the first two weeks of the season. They were clicking very well.

As a matter of fact, they hooked up 3 or 4 times in the final drive against buffalo on quick slants.

Jay and Marshall might have the chemistry now, but having a healthy at #2 can't hurt things.

A healthy Javon will crack the 1000 barrier and get about 60 catches.

topscribe
01-10-2008, 11:10 PM
A healthy Javon will crack the 1000 barrier and get about 60 catches.

Or more.

But I really don't believe Javon has a bad attitude. He may have me fooled,
but this is an extremely emotional time for him. I think, once he sits down
with Shanny in March, we may be looking forward to seeing Javon in July.

-----

Lonestar
01-10-2008, 11:14 PM
Or more.

But I really don't believe Javon has a bad attitude. He may have me fooled,
but this is an extremely emotional time for him. I think, once he sits down
with Shanny in March, we may be looking forward to seeing Javon in July.

-----

I think between him, his emotions and his agent he will be foaming at the mouth by then.

He will be thinking about mikeys comment about re-do contract for those injured players until they do set down and talk..

I do not think he is mentally stable enough not to stick one or more of his feet in his mouth again before then.

I see him gone if they can get anything of value for him..

Hawgdriver
01-10-2008, 11:25 PM
I think you bring up a good point here DB and i understand what you mean by Cutler connecting with Javon. But at this point and what's been said - and this an that with the fustration and media - it may be in Javons best interest to connect with not just Jay ... but the team as a whole.

Walker choses himself to go to Tempe Arizona (Athletes' Performance Institute ) and work out on his own ... a decision he makes himself ... He did it when he was in GB too.

It would probably be a good idea for Javon to hang around Dove Valley this off season and work out with the guys and show face. Show that he truly wants to be in Denver and is commited too it.

Just my point of veiw on that ...

didn't marshall do a similar thing to get in the best shape of his life this offseason?

TXBRONC
01-10-2008, 11:32 PM
didn't marshall do a similar thing to get in the best shape of his life this offseason?

Sharpe did it every year. Instead of coming for offseason workouts he did it on his own. Shanahan let Sharpe get away with because he knew Shannon would to camp in great shape.

Hawgdriver
01-10-2008, 11:40 PM
Sharpe did it every year. Instead of coming for offseason workouts he did it on his own. Shanahan let Sharpe get away with because he knew Shannon would to camp in great shape.

I wouldn't mind if Javon did it as well, but he does need to reconnect with the team.

TXBRONC
01-10-2008, 11:42 PM
I wouldn't mind if Javon did it as well, but he does need to reconnect with the team.

How is he not connected with his teammates? I don't know that he's distances himself from them.

Hawgdriver
01-10-2008, 11:47 PM
How is he not connected with his teammates? I don't know that he's distances himself from them.

I was wondering that myself. I just have the impression he's not in the JC clique. It's just my intuition, I have nothing to base it on. His initial statements certainly can't help.

Skinny
01-11-2008, 12:25 AM
didn't marshall do a similar thing to get in the best shape of his life this offseason?I don't know ... did he?? :noidea:

Watchthemiddle
01-11-2008, 12:32 AM

Yeah, I am not sure Javon is in bad shape.

He might not need to train off site to get into 'great" shape. It would be good though to be around the training staff to keep an eye on his knee and to run routes with Jay.

broncosfanscott
01-11-2008, 11:41 PM
Yeah, I am not sure Javon is in bad shape.

He might not need to train off site to get into 'great" shape. It would be good though to be around the training staff to keep an eye on his knee and to run routes with Jay.

I heard Cutler, Marshall, and some other players would be getting together during the offseason so hopefully Walker will be there. Even if he isn't healty to run routes, just to be there would be good. Correct me if I am wrong but I remember Cutler talking about this in one of his interviews late in the season.

TXBRONC
01-12-2008, 11:47 AM
I heard Cutler, Marshall, and some other players would be getting together during the offseason so hopefully Walker will be there. Even if he isn't healty to run routes, just to be there would be good. Correct me if I am wrong but I remember Cutler talking about this in one of his interviews late in the season.

If Jay hasn't it's still a great idea.