PDA

View Full Version : Game Day Thread 11/8/09: Pittsburgh @ Denver

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

TXBRONC
11-08-2009, 09:53 AM
We might as well get this party started. This big game for the boys in blue and orange. Every week it seems that the tests get harder and harder. Hopefully the Broncos pull off the upset and show the critics that they show them once again that they are for real. Here's to great game and no injuries.

:grillin:

Nomad
11-08-2009, 10:03 AM
I hear there's a Steelers Convention in Denver today!! BRONCO fans should go crash the party.

Looking forward to a good game as well! BRONCOS know what they needed to fix from the Ravens game so hopefully it's done and BRONCOS get a big win!

Win this game for the Barrel Man!!

MileHighCrew
11-08-2009, 10:31 AM
Win it for Barrel Man that is a great think this week. Hope I see some wild horses this week!

Nomad
11-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Sharpe picks against Denver:tsk:

soonerjh
11-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Well, so much for the Ravens and their winning streak, the Bengals handled them at home...

LordTrychon
11-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Monday already!

HOLY SHIT am I late for work!

:laugh:

Go Broncos!

:defense:

familyfriend
11-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Win it for Barrel Man that is a great think this week. Hope I see some wild horses this week!

I just wanted to say that I am so happy that the Broncos are a great team and a great supporter of our Military. My good friend SFC Daniel Miller was injured in Feb this year in Iraq and lost both of his legs at the knees. At tomorrow nights game with the Steelers the Broncos are having Dan and his wife Amie and their Daughter Allison do the coin toss for the game. It has been a very hard year for the family and Dan recently got his new legs and started walking. This is the best present that the Broncos could ever have given to this family and it means the world to them all. SO watch the beginning of the game and cheer for SFC Miller and his family. GO BRONCOS!:beer:

Denver Native (Carol)
11-08-2009, 04:40 PM
I just wanted to say that I am so happy that the Broncos are a great team and a great supporter of our Military. My good friend SFC Daniel Miller was injured in Feb this year in Iraq and lost both of his legs at the knees. At tomorrow nights game with the Steelers the Broncos are having Dan and his wife Amie and their Daughter Allison do the coin toss for the game. It has been a very hard year for the family and Dan recently got his new legs and started walking. This is the best present that the Broncos could ever have given to this family and it means the world to them all. SO watch the beginning of the game and cheer for SFC Miller and his family. GO BRONCOS!:beer:

Welcome to Broncos Forums. You will enjoy reading the following thread posted on this site in regards to Danny being at the game Monday night:

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79689

And the thread, which was started a while back, telling all about Danny:

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33842

TXBRONC
11-08-2009, 09:26 PM
:bump2:

Iron Horse72
11-08-2009, 10:23 PM
Come on Broncos we need a win!

TXBRONC
11-08-2009, 10:37 PM
Come on Broncos we need a win!

This game may not be a must win nonetheless it's a very important game as our division is concerned.

Az Snake
11-08-2009, 10:40 PM

--- Go Broncos !!! ---

Edmonton Bronco Fan
11-09-2009, 01:38 AM
Go BRONCOS Go!

Pumped for tomorrow. Hoping for a huge performance from the team and a rocking atmosphere in Denver!

Get back in the win column boys!

DenBronx
11-09-2009, 02:05 AM
I'm so freaking nervous about this game. Pitt plays alot like Balt and they shreaded us. With the Chargers creaping up on us this game it vital to win. We have to play a very tough Colts team soon. I hope we bring the house on Big Ben every play. He doesn't get rattled at all so we just need to get him down. Dume is the key in this game.

TXBRONC
11-09-2009, 08:14 AM
I'm so freaking nervous about this game. Pitt plays alot like Balt and they shreaded us. With the Chargers creaping up on us this game it vital to win. We have to play a very tough Colts team soon. I hope we bring the house on Big Ben every play. He doesn't get rattled at all so we just need to get him down. Dume is the key in this game.

I think one of the reasons that the Ravens beat us handly was Denver came out flat. I don't mean that to take anything away from the Ravens because they made the plays that we didn't.

claymore
11-09-2009, 08:21 AM
A win on MNF against the steelers will do alot to bring the MH magic back!!!!!!

HORSEPOWER 56
11-09-2009, 08:21 AM
It's time to establish dominance of the AFC. Tonight our offense wakes up and starts putting up big points on the Steelers. Get Bucky and Kno Mo going early and throw the ball downfield. Tonight we handily beat the Steelers and prove why we are a team to be feared.

:defense::salute:

Northman
11-09-2009, 08:25 AM
A win on MNF against the steelers will do alot to bring the MH magic back!!!!!!

Yea, one thing that we have lost is the home field advantage the last few years. Time to get back to making "Mile High light (Invesco)" a place to be feared to play from opponents again. :salute:

claymore
11-09-2009, 08:27 AM
Yea, one thing that we have lost is the home field advantage the last few years. Time to get back to making "Mile High light (Invesco)" a place to be feared to play from opponents again. :salute:

Hopefully its rocking tonight. I thought the Dallas game was impressive....

Shazam!
11-09-2009, 09:40 AM
I know they're 6-1 and a loss isn't the end of the season, but this is as close to a must win game as the team has had all year.

ssgtwc
11-09-2009, 09:59 AM
I better feel that Rocky Mountain Thunder from my part of Kansas!!:salute::defense::cool::beer:

MileHighCrew
11-09-2009, 10:11 AM
I'm so excited about this game I need to pee and it is only 8am MST.

NorthernLights
11-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Good luck tonight Bronco fans. I've been doing quite a bit of traveling, so I haven't been around to smack it up with you guys, but I think that is done for a while. It might be getting interesting going forward.

slim
11-09-2009, 10:24 AM
Gotta get off to a fast start tonight and get the crowd involved.

T.K.O.
11-09-2009, 11:14 AM
tonights game got alot more important with the bolts squeeking out a win yesterday.
i dont even want to see the the broncos and chargers playing for the top spot in the afcw when the teams meet again.......deja f'n vu....no thank you!
this has now become a HUGE game for the broncos....:defense::defense::defense:

honz
11-09-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm at my Grandma's in Norman, OK so I won't be posting throughout the game, but know I will be cheering us on hard! Go Broncos!

P.S. MB, I drove through your state yesterday and it sucks.

P.P.S. Your state is probably worse NTL.

pnbronco
11-09-2009, 11:22 AM
I don't really see this game as a must win. I do want to see how the team responds to having a bad game last week. If they play with heart and bring it all to the table I will be happy.

So here's to a good game, bringing in the crowd early, I'm sure there will be a ton of Pitts Fans there again like Dallas, so we need to get loud and stay that way. No injuries...GO BRONCOS!!!!!:defense:

Dortoh
11-09-2009, 11:29 AM
Because of the stupid ass Giants this game just got much more important.

T.K.O.
11-09-2009, 11:35 AM
I don't really see this game as a must win. I do want to see how the team responds to having a bad game last week. If they play with heart and bring it all to the table I will be happy.

So here's to a good game, bringing in the crowd early, I'm sure there will be a ton of Pitts Fans there again like Dallas, so we need to get loud and stay that way. No injuries...GO BRONCOS!!!!!:defense:

its not a MUST win....but i doubt there are many on the team,in the stands or on this forum,who will be comfortable with the broncos at 6-2 amd the chargers at 5-3....we need to put this division away a.s.a.p.
i was one of the many fans who thought we had it won last year when the bolts record was 4-8.....the scars are way to fresh :mad:
i dont ever want to see rivers standing in the endzone taunting the mile high faithful again;)

BroncoWave
11-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Per Schefter, Steelers safety Ryan Clark will make the trip to Denver but is unlikely to play

weazel
11-09-2009, 01:45 PM
who else is having a hard time working today? I just want the day to end and get this game going!!

NightTrainLayne
11-09-2009, 01:51 PM
who else is having a hard time working today? I just want the day to end and get this game going!!

Monday Night games are the worst for me. I probably should have just taken the day off. Maybe I'll leave early.

weazel
11-09-2009, 01:57 PM
*cough, cough*... I feel a bit ill, as well...

Traveler
11-09-2009, 02:31 PM
Okay everyone. Tell the truth. Who has a very bad feeling about this game?

Lonestar
11-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Sitting in the Salt Lake apo waiting on a flight talked with a group of 20+ fans on their way to the game.

About 50/50 split on mike and jay vs. Orton and Josh. Found that interesting.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

Sparkie
11-09-2009, 02:39 PM
I don't have a *very* bad feeling about this game ...
but it'd be a lie to say I'm *not* feeling very apprehensive about it!
:behindsofa: :madgrin:

I'd really like us to pull out a win. I believe we can ... I hope we DO.

GO BRONCOS !!!!!!!

:salute: :defense:

Lonestar
11-09-2009, 02:44 PM
I think that PIT is the better team. Mainly because they have been together longer.

I still think we are up and coming but PIT in a squeeker.

To many things from past teams could rear their ugly heads. Playing on prime time, MNF, second half of the season, ETC.

Now I know that mike is no longer here but those were the things his teams were weak in.

Hopefully we can win this one and break somemore of the bad habits from before.

broncophan
11-09-2009, 02:44 PM

I do.....
but I had a bad feeling at the beginning of the season too.....:D
GO BRONCOS....
Enjoy the game tonight everyone....

broncophan
11-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Seems like every week I say this.....but ....Tonights game will tell us alot about how good the broncos really are....

Traveler
11-09-2009, 02:46 PM
I think that PIT is the better team. Mainly because they have been together longer.

To many things from past teams could rear their ugly heads. Playing on prime time, MNF, second half of the season, ETC.

Now I know that mike is no longer here but those were the things his teams were weak in.

Well said. Guess it's hard for me to shake off all the tendencies exhibited by the previous Shanahan teams.

Dortoh
11-09-2009, 02:53 PM

Well I respect your opinon but..........

:lol:

pnbronco
11-09-2009, 03:05 PM
I hate Monday night games, I get nothing done and I have so much to do.

I think that the Bronco's will have to play a complete game to win this one. I think they can win it, I'm just not sure that they have hit that level yet. Although I do think that they are headed that direction. I'm so much happier with this team than I ever dreamed I would be at this point and time.

Where we sit there are a lot of "other" fans there and it just sucks. So I hope that it's super close and we win this one, GO BRONCOS!!!!

Iron Horse72
11-09-2009, 03:23 PM

I'm not, Mondays fly by here, before I know it it's time to go home.

Hit the store on the way home for supplies, fire up the grill.

Come on Broncos, punch someone is the ******* mouth!

Dawkins makes me want to tear down a ******* mountain!

T.K.O.
11-09-2009, 03:28 PM
i got up early....have all my work done except making my awesome bronco game snacks.
i have my shop all ready for my awesome,beautiful and very understanding wife to run tonight !
she always watches the store for me if the broncs play on monday !
i'm just heading home to start meatballs and chili !!!!!!whooo hooooo!:salute::D:beer:
go broncos we need to keep the bolts deep in a hole !
denver 34
pit 17
:salute:

Nomad
11-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Just realized we're playing another AFC East team in a must-win situation!!

Hope the BRONCOS show up tonight!

BroncoAV06
11-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Need to start strong, get the running game going and try to see if they can keep the Steelers defense off balance early. Maybe give the defense the first shot on the field, McD has elected to go on offense after the toss.

Slick
11-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Last time I went to Mom's for dinner and football, we finally beat the Chargers. Hopefully it's good mojo. Go Broncos!

MOtorboat
11-09-2009, 05:54 PM
:subscribe:

Jaws
11-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Go Broncoszzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Play good. Keep me awake!

camdisco24
11-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Lets get em' tonight Broncos!
Once again I will be watching this game surrounded by fans from the opposing team.
Lets hope I have something to cheer about over all the Squealer fans!

:defense: GOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS! :defense:

Dortoh
11-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Go Broncoszzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Play good. Keep me awake!

Oh hell what time is the game on that side of the lake?

Tned
11-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Schefter says Law will play 15-18 plays tonight.

Tned
11-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Here are the inactives. A bit surprised about Hillis. I say a bit, because since he missed multiple practices, it isn't a total shock:

RT @Denver_Broncos: Broncos Inactives: Tom Brandstater, Peyton Hillis, David Bruton, Seth Olsen, Ryan Harris, Richard Quinn, Brandon Lloyd and Ryan McBean. #fb

MOtorboat
11-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Wow, Hillis?

Wow.

Tned
11-09-2009, 07:08 PM
From Denver Post's Lindsey Jones:

RT @denverbroncos: Hillis, Bruton and Quinn all key special teams players, so will be interesting to see how they play without them.

Az Snake
11-09-2009, 07:12 PM
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/518/benvp.jpg
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6808/bben.jpg

BIG BEN HAS TO GO DOWN !!!

sneakers
11-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Broncos. Beets. Battlestar Galactica

MOtorboat
11-09-2009, 07:24 PM
Calm before the storm?

This is kind of quiet for a game night.

nic×bronco
11-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Shouts out to all the Broncos fans.... I'm new to the forum so don't treat me like a stranger lol I bleed orange and blue. The steelers are tough but I believe we gonna crush them in the 2nd half

Tned
11-09-2009, 07:32 PM
By the way, it was posted on an Arkansas website last night that Hillis would miss the game tonight, because he is in Conway (Hillis' home town) attending a funeral.

MOtorboat
11-09-2009, 07:32 PM
By the way, it was posted on an Arkansas website last night that Hillis would miss the game tonight, because he is in Conway (Hillis' home town) attending a funeral.

Oh...disregard my previous comment.

MOtorboat
11-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Good story on Rocky Bleier.

Tned
11-09-2009, 07:41 PM
It was Peyton and Kyle's (his brother) grandmother that passed away last week.

Thoughts and prayers to their family.

sacmar
11-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Ran the wife a bath, got the kids doin homework, just finising up cookin dinner. If they can eat in 30 min and the magic of daylight savings can take effect I can have a beer a bowl and be interrupted .....our boys are gonna need all of us !!!!

Nomad
11-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Steve Young and 'Wondering Eyeball' need to choke and ****!!! Every time we play Monday Night these yahoos slobber over the opposing team!!

MasterShake
11-09-2009, 07:53 PM
DAH-DAH DAH DAH! MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!

Looking forward to a good game. I can't believe how many Steelers fans I've seen these last two days. Its not enough to come here to see the game, they HAVE to wear their jerseys to the mall, the diner, the shower...

I appreciate a good fan base, but I hope we send all their butts home with a loss to think about! They can use their terrible towels to wipe their tears!:lol:

No matter what, I'm hoping for a good game. I have a great feeling that we will show up big time tonight! :defense::salute:

Nomad
11-09-2009, 07:57 PM
Awesome! OldSchool!!!

Nomad
11-09-2009, 07:59 PM
is Denver wearing their "D" unis??

MOtorboat
11-09-2009, 08:00 PM
is Denver wearing their "D" unis??

All day I was hoping we were wearing Orange, but I doubt it. League probably wouldn't let us go four games in alternate jerseys. (Two in throwbacks and one in orange so far...)

Nomad
11-09-2009, 08:02 PM
All day I was hoping we were wearing Orange, but I doubt it. League probably wouldn't let us go four games in alternate jerseys. (Two in throwbacks and one in orange so far...)

I thought maybe with that intro, it was a throwback game!!

Jaws
11-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Oh hell what time is the game on that side of the lake?

1.30 a.m Dortoh.

MOtorboat
11-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Orange!

Nomad
11-09-2009, 08:09 PM
1.30 a.m Dortoh.

You're a great fan Jawsy!! I hope I can stay awake till 10:30 tonight.

WTE
11-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Tonite I'm a Broncos fan!

I'll be rooting hard for Patriots West!

Jaws
11-09-2009, 08:12 PM
You're a great fan Jawsy!! I hope I can stay awake till 10:30 tonight.

Off my head more like it lol!

I'm starting my Theology Diploma tomorrow, so the timing of this game is not too great, but can't let things like that get in the way of the Broncos.

And anyway, lectures aren't till evening, so I can catch up on some sleep during daytime :beer:

Nomad
11-09-2009, 08:13 PM
TJ hating on the raiders:beer::lol:

BroncoAV06
11-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Ah I can't stand it! Here at work producing the local sports talk show and there bashing the Broncos... And I can't talk on the mic at the moment.

I'm ready to bash some heads! Kickoff can't come fast enough.

girler
11-09-2009, 08:20 PM
:shocked: OMG Mark Schlereth is HOT!!! :drool: :faint:

Tned
11-09-2009, 08:20 PM
10 long minutes to kickoff.

Den21vsBal19
11-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Off my head more like it lol!

I'm starting my Theology Diploma tomorrow, so the timing of this game is not too great, but can't let things like that get in the way of the Broncos.

And anyway, lectures aren't till evening, so I can catch up on some sleep during daytime :beer:
:lol: Told the boss he can ring me at home tomorrow if it's an emergency, but warned him he may get abused if he rings before lunch ;)

Denver Native (Carol)
11-09-2009, 08:26 PM
:salute:GO BRONCOS:salute:

Nomad
11-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Ditka better pick the BRONCOS then!.....he's 8-0 this year:shocked:

Ditka sucks!!

honz
11-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Go Broncos!!!

MOtorboat
11-09-2009, 08:31 PM
The toughest place to play in the NFL! Let's do it again.

Take care of business at home.

BroncoAV06
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Buff
Man... That clip they showed of Dawk in the intro has me amped... "This is our house!"

I'm ready to run through a wall.

soonerjh
11-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Lets ROCK!!!!

MOtorboat
11-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Man... That clip they showed of Dawk in the intro has me amped... "This is our house!"

Me too...and I wasn't geeked at all until about 30 minutes ago.

Den21vsBal19
Oh...disregard my previous comment.
He's listed as inactive for tonight :(

Denver Broncos: QB Tom Brandstater: Third quarterback. Also inactive: SAF David Bruton, OT Ryan Harris, FB Peyton Hillis, WR Brandon Lloyd, DE Ryan McBean, G Seth Olsen, TE Richard Quinn

WTE
Let's Go Denver Patriots!!!!!!!!!!

ummmmm....

I mean Broncos!

MOtorboat
11-09-2009, 08:34 PM

Wait, how did you see that before me?

Den21vsBal19
11-09-2009, 08:34 PM

ummmmm....

I mean Broncos!
:ban:

topscribe
11-09-2009, 08:35 PM

ummmmm....

I mean Broncos!

lol

-----

Buff
11-09-2009, 08:35 PM
I seriously love Jon Gruden...

Buff
11-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Wait, how did you see that before me?

They just showed him saying "this is our house" at the very beginning at the end of the musical montage... Then they showed an extended version of that speech just now.

MOtorboat
11-09-2009, 08:37 PM
They just showed him saying "this is our house" at the very beginning at the end of the musical montage... Then they showed an extended version of that speech just now.

Gotcha...I missed that first little tid bit and when I saw that I was like, WTF?

LordTrychon
11-09-2009, 08:37 PM
The Doc is calling for two Doom Sacks.

Nomad
11-09-2009, 08:39 PM
I seriously love Jon Gruden...

Great addition to Monday Night Football!!

Den21vsBal19
11-09-2009, 08:39 PM
The Doc is calling for two Doom Sacks.
Write that perscription up!!!!

Deliver to Mr. B. Rothelsberger

Denver Native (Carol)
11-09-2009, 08:40 PM
:salute:ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL:salute:

Nomad
11-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Play smart and tough offense! GO BRONCOS!!

Nomad
11-09-2009, 08:43 PM
It'll be tough running up the gut!!

MOtorboat
11-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Go Eddie Go!

Jaws
11-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Eddy, eddy, eddy! :D

MOtorboat
Wild Horsies!

Nomad
go altitude!!

And Royal!!

soonerjh
The Eddie Royal show!!!

Jaws
Haha Hampton gasping for air already.

girler
Eddie!!! Beautiful catch!!!

MOtorboat
11-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Come on!

Nomad
11-09-2009, 08:45 PM
They ain't gonna run up the gut!

soonerjh
11-09-2009, 08:46 PM
whew!!

BroncoAV06
11-09-2009, 08:47 PM
7 would have been huge on that drive. Defense needs to hold Pitt on their first series.

I need those orange shoes.

MOtorboat
Damn!

MOtorboat
A big drive like that and we only get 3...

soonerjh
Offense is lookin crisp tonight, keep it up!

Denver Native (Carol)
11-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Would have liked 7 - but scoring on the first drive is good - COME ON :defense:

Nomad
whew!!

Should have been a playcall for Marshall in that situation!! I didn't notice where he was or how he was covered!!

girler
7 would have been huge on that drive. Defense needs to hold Pitt on their first series.

I need those orange shoes.

Ya, what you said!

MOtorboat
Turnover please.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
Stupid pre-existing programming is pissing me off.

I'm missing the game....

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCCCCCCC$&*$@$(($*($*@(!

Can't get it on alternate feeds either.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
11-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Yes! Finally.

About ******* time.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-09-2009, 08:50 PM
GO:defense::defense::defense::defense::defense:

Nomad
11-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Hmmmm....and who else on the tackle Spencer Larson!!:salute:

MOtorboat
11-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Stupid pre-existing programming is pissing me off.

I'm missing the game....

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCCCCCCC$&*$@$(($*($*@(!

Can't get it on alternate feeds either.

You don't get ESPN?

soonerjh
11-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Turnover please.

pick 6 by Champ would be nice!

Warren
I really don't see us running successfully in this game. Only exception are downs when C. Hampton is out.

Orton is going to have to carry this offense. So far he looks sharp.

Den21vsBal19
7 would have been nice, but it certainly looks like the offense has gotten rid of the bye week cobwebs...................let's hope the D has the same sharpness

:defense:

Nomad
11-09-2009, 08:53 PM
I have a feeling Mendenhall is going to give the BRONCOS fits tonight

Nomad
11-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Tirrico can get off Ben's nob anytime now

Tned
11-09-2009, 08:55 PM
I have a feeling Mendenhall is going to give the BRONCOS fits tonight

I have a feeling he will struggle to top 70 yards.

Tned
Sack Reid and Doom!!!

MOtorboat
Yes!

soonerjh
YES!!! First one!

Tned
11-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Law had a pretty good handful of jersey

Warren
Nice. Ty Law passes his first test in coverage. WIth flying colors

Buff
law was holding the crap out of Ward. I love it.

Denver Native (Carol)
:defense::defense:SACK:defense::defense:

Jaws
Yes! Let's have half a dozen more of those!

Warren
11-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Law had a pretty good handful of jersey

Haha guess I (and the refs) missed that.

BroncoAV06
Thats the way to get the ball back.

When as the last time Denver blocked a punt?

Nomad

I thought for sure he was gonna get called on it!! I will take the no call anyday though!!

MOtorboat
:sostoked:

sacmar
11-09-2009, 08:58 PM
We don't blame ya pitt.....I'd be in shock too.

Den21vsBal19
'Tis only a foul if you get caught ;)

soonerjh
Doom is gonna have to get a running start to bring down Big Ben, he's huge!

WTE
11-09-2009, 08:59 PM

Not true.

Ty Law will always be a Patriot.

Patriots don't cheat.

MOtorboat
11-09-2009, 08:59 PM
They totally faked Pittsburgh out there. Marshall came out of the huddle early, made it look like a run and then went play action.

Awesome.

Tned
11-09-2009, 09:00 PM
You can see why Pitt is number one is rush defense.

Nomad
11-09-2009, 09:00 PM
No run game:tsk:

Edmonton Bronco Fan
11-09-2009, 09:01 PM
You don't get ESPN?

No. Isn't that ridiculous? In Canada we have TSN instead through all of our providers which piggybacks off of ESPN for any of their programming and they were running a Hockey Induction ceremony instead.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Just take those ORANGEshoes all the way down the field into the end zone :salute:

MOtorboat
11-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Dammit!

Edmonton Bronco Fan
11-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Thought Marshall was going to break that one for sure. Hell of a tackle.

Nomad
11-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Just take your time Berger!

Zweems56
11-09-2009, 09:04 PM
I really don't see us running successfully in this game. Only exception are downs when C. Hampton is out.

Orton is going to have to carry this offense. So far he looks sharp.

That.

Ziggy
11-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Here's comes the first defensive TD for the Broncos this season.

Tned
11-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Just take your time Berger!

Every punt is going to be an adventure with his long windup.

girler
11-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Never thought I'd be cheering for Ty Law. :laugh:

Edmonton Bronco Fan
11-09-2009, 09:08 PM
That play clock expired. Very close at the least.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
Sacked!

soonerjh
YES!! Second one!

Zweems56
The defense is coming tonight. They're pissed about last week, me thinks.

Denver Native (Carol)
:defense::defense::defense::defense::defense:

Tned
11-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Nice open field tackle by Woodyard

Den21vsBal19
11-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Sacked!
:rockon::defense:

MOtorboat
11-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Punt Bitch!

Nomad
11-09-2009, 09:11 PM
WOW! Fast quarter!!

Warren
11-09-2009, 09:12 PM
I'd like to see one deep toss here to Marshall/Royal. I don't care if it falls incomplete. But I think it will go a long way toward keeping the safeties (particularly Polamalu) honest...

sacmar
11-09-2009, 09:12 PM
We can win this game people....our "d" is no joke.

Tned
11-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Nice run by Buck, avoided the first tackler.

Den21vsBal19
11-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Other than having to take 3 instead of 7, that was a great first quarter.................last week's cobwebs are well and truly gone

Tned
11-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Pretty good zip for a QB with a noodle arm

Edmonton Bronco Fan
Horrible decision Orton.

BroncoAV06
Oh man that was the first real bad play from Orton.

girler
:eek: OH CRAP!!!

MOtorboat
Um, ****.

Tned
Maybe too cute with the Wild Horse.

girler
11-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Orton really Cutlered that up. :tsk:

MOtorboat
11-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Crap, crap, crap.

Now we have to go out and march it down.

BroncoAV06
11-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Ah..playing behind is what is killer against defenses like these. Saw it last week in Baltimore.

WTE
Poor throw?

Or, caused by Wild Horses?

Buff
Maybe too cute with the Wild Horse.

Nah, like Jaws said... Just a poor throw by Orton. Not by much, and it was a good play by the LB to chip Moreno as he went by. But he definitely overthrew him.

Denver Native (Carol)
:frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:

Zweems56
Orton really Cutlered that up. :tsk:

HA! Indeed.

Nomad
Read his eyes the whole time!!! Carter played his position well and Orton made a bad throw! Oh well, gotta come back, Pittsburgh with the lead and momentum!!

Tned
Oh man that was the first real bad play from Orton.

More accurately, the first bad play that has cost him. Like all QBs, has had quite a few bad plays/bad throws, but fortunately, when it has happened the balls have been bouncing the Broncos way.

As long as they keep playing as well as they did in the first quarter, this pick 6 shouldn't hurt too much.

MOtorboat
Terrible throw by Orton. Worst decision he's made thus far, imo...

sacmar
11-09-2009, 09:18 PM
.....no biggie. Pit always gets one or two of those.

broken12
is it me or is knowshon seem to be out of place on pass plays, and missing assingments on blitzes......maybe need to give hillis a shot..

Buff
Good call girler... If nothing else, the INT gave me a chance to go take a Cutler during commercial.

honz
Kyle Orton sux. Bring in Brandstarter.

topscribe
11-09-2009, 09:19 PM
is it me or is knowshon seem to be out of place on pass plays, and missing assingments on blitzes......maybe need to give hillis a shot..

Hillis is inactive.

-----

WTE
Gimmicks don't win Championships.

Buff

Well he's not active tonight, and it's supposedly a personal issue. So maybe you'd like to see Lamont Jordan in there?

Den21vsBal19
11-09-2009, 09:20 PM
And in an instant all the good work's undone :mad:

broken12
11-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Hillis is inactive.

-----

wow what a differance a year makes...he was one of our best recievers a year ago and really tore it up when he was in there....

Edmonton Bronco Fan
11-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Gimmicks don't win Championships.

I don't see any gimmicks except for yourself.

dunk7
11-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Horrible decision Orton.

Nice to see another Edmonton Bronco Fan!!!

MOtorboat
11-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Crap.

dunk7
God, Orton sucks

topscribe
wow what a differance a year makes...he was one of our best recievers a year ago and really tore it up when he was in there....

He missed practice all week to take care of family issues, I think.

-----

MOtorboat
11-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Come on! Brandon!

Tned
Troy hair trying for the strip on that tackle.

Den21vsBal19
Personal, not performance, reasons by all accounts

dunk7
11-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Edmonton Bronco Fan...Doesn't the Broncos remind you of the Eskies...dink and dunk with little results

Warren
God, Orton sucks

Let's say our QB had, I dunno, 14 touchdowns and 12 ints so far. And tell me if we would be 6-1 :confused:

girler
Orton just needs a few to reset himself after he flushed the Cutlers out of his system...

Tned
11-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Love watching Graham run after the catch, like a big, rumbling fullback.

Nomad
11-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Marshall:tsk:...gotta catch that

dunk7
11-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Let's say our QB had, I dunno, 14 touchdowns and 12 ints so far. And tell me if we would be 6-1 :confused:

with this defence...yes

I still haven't seen the genius McDaniels yet...I see Mike Nolans genius

Edmonton Bronco Fan
11-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Come on Gaffney. Got to hang onto that.

WTE
11-09-2009, 09:28 PM
I don't see any gimmicks except for yourself.

Hello my Northern friend!

MOtorboat
with this defence...yes

lol...

Completely missed the first six games, huh?

Warren
Challenge?!? slight turn and two steps = football move imo.

Zweems56
After watching the replay, that should be our ball with a first down.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
Nice to see another Edmonton Bronco Fan!!!

Edmonton Bronco Fan...Doesn't the Broncos remind you of the Eskies...dink and dunk with little results

I was just going to say that. Ray and Orton remind me of each other so much. It's unbelievable.

The more Edmonton Bronco fans the better! :D

Buff
Don't like the challenge. Gaffney didn't argue at all because he knew he didn't catch it.

Den21vsBal19
Love watching Graham run after the catch, like a big, rumbling fullback.
Vastly underated as a reciever :confused:

Nomad
11-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Not gonna win the challenge!!

skycoyote
If Broncos don't start catching the football this game will get out of hand quickly.

nevcraw
Go for it.. no reason to punt that short..

Nomad
11-09-2009, 09:30 PM
If Broncos don't start catching the football this game will get out of hand quickly.

True because there's evidently no run game!

MOtorboat
Dammit!

girler
with this defence...yes

The McDaniels genius is that Orton is moving the ball and managing the game, and that Marshall is happy in the organization, and many, many other changes (large and small) that have happened on the offense and the whole team. INCLUDING the fact that we have Mike Nolan. :laugh:

MOtorboat
11-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Go for it!

Edmonton Bronco Fan
Hello my Northern friend!

Hello my southern enemy! :D

Poet
Go for it!

Agreed, their corners are soft.

skycoyote
I cannot believe they challenged that. DUH!

Warren
:beer:

Edmonton Bronco Fan
11-09-2009, 09:32 PM
No. Son of a......

Tned
Damn, that sucks.

girler
Oh that penalty sucks!

BroncoAV06
Stick out foot, aim, fire.

MOtorboat
Oh please.

Nomad
eff hamilton!:tsk:

Tned
Would have been a sack if not for the hold.

Buff
Ben Hamilton is our worst offensive starter.

Den21vsBal19
11-09-2009, 09:33 PM
HAMILTOOOOONNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::doh:

Italianmobstr7
Mitch Berger sucks

girler
I'm jumping on the "I hate the new punter" bandwagon. Where is it tonight?

Nomad
11-09-2009, 09:34 PM
I'm jumping on the "I hate the new punter" bandwagon. Where is it tonight?

I'm there with ya!!

Angel
Berger Sucks!!

topscribe
----------

Timmy!
Please fire Berger and Hamilton. TIA.

Buff
11-09-2009, 09:35 PM
If Mitch Berger weren't a Colorado alum I'd say cut him. But he's a Buff, so I think we should give him a couple more weeks to work it out.

MOtorboat
Better call the same shit on the Pittsburgh left tackle.

Doom gets held all the time.

honz
Berger is a pretty good punter.

dunk7
Mitch Berger sucks

Agreed...wasn't a big fan of Kern but Berger is HORRIBLE. Nice signing McDaniels.

champbronc2
11-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Better call the same shit on the Pittsburgh left tackle.

Doom gets held all the time.

Yeah, I've seen it too.