PDA

View Full Version : Game Day Thread 11/8/09: Pittsburgh @ Denver

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

MasterShake
11-09-2009, 11:44 PM
Keep up the optimism, this board will need it this week.

Not optimism, just realism. What the Broncos do is so far out of my control as a fan its not even funny. Its why I watch it on tv instead of getting paid to play it.:lol:

I can't play football for crap, I am not a good coach, but I'm a good fan (not saying anyone is a bad fan!). I hate seeing my team struggle, but honestly I did not see us being in such a good position halfway through the season.

I am really curious to see how they respond, but I will have NOTHING to do with how they respond. This team has a lot of pride and character, and we did beat Dallas, New England, and San Diego at their house. Even after two crushing losses, its hard for me not to be a little optimistic.

Until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, or lose a playoff game, my eyes will be glued to my Broncos on gameday. I don't like what I see right now, but the overall look is still good.

I'll tell you how happy I was with the season in February. :beer:

Buff
11-09-2009, 11:44 PM
Mitch Berger is gonna get cut tomorrow too. Lols. You can bet on that bullShit.

I know, rough game for the Buffs... Polumbus got pwned too. At least Dan Graham seems to have a roster spot locked down.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-09-2009, 11:45 PM
Dream, calm down sir. You need to smoke some ******* weed or something man.

Stop violating the COC!!!

Nomad
look, we've lost to 2 teams in a row that were in last year's AFC Championship Game. 1 was the Super Bowl Champs, and the other was the AFC Runner up. It's not like we lost to 2 slop teams. Not every team we play this year will be of this caliber.

We still have the Deadskins, the Queefs twice (they'll be pushovers), the Faiders....that's 4 wins right there. so relax.

We're gonna have to get creative, but we will bounce back.

So why shoot for the playoffs then??

My biggest beef is they GAVE up in the 4th both games. You can justify it anyway you want, but I expect the team to play 60 minutes!!! But they exceeded expectations!!:coffee:

HORSEPOWER 56
Well finish better than 8-8 and I believe we'll make the playoffs but we might be the division winner.

The sparklers are getting hot (as usual at the right time) and we are crashing hard. We have to beat Washington and KC twice just to have a winning season. Right now, the Chargers, Giants, and Colts are going to murder us. Our offense CAN'T SCORE POINTS!

TXBRONC
11-09-2009, 11:46 PM
Mike Vick wants out of Philly and will be available at season's end. At least he can escape the rush and make some plays with his legs. He's accurate throwing 5 yard passes, too.

I'm not really sure his skill set would fit this kind of offense HP.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-09-2009, 11:48 PM
Future solution to our QB problems:

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/brett-faver-kid.jpg

Nomad
11-09-2009, 11:49 PM
Mike Ditka 9-0 on Monday Night picks! Pretty good!!

Superchop 7
11-09-2009, 11:49 PM
If Orton doesn't throw those picks......we win. (and he could have been picked 2 more times)

First pick put Pitt back in the game (mentally)

When push comes to shove you need a qb that can elevate his game, carry his team.

Hamilton is looking bad.

I would bring in Colquitt.

6-2 is still better than I thought they would be.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-09-2009, 11:50 PM
If Orton doesn't throw those picks......we win. (and he could have been picked 2 more times)

Yes, I would bring in Colquitt.

COlquitt is a drunk and has alochol problems. It's the same reason Mike DraGosivich from NDSU isnt in the NFL. He can punt a mile, but he likes the bottle too muCh. Can't have a drunk punter. Remember Todd Saurbron? Roid and alcohol rage. He almost killed someone>!

Overtime
11-09-2009, 11:50 PM
we might be wise to make an inquiry into Larry Johnson, because neither Buckhalter or Moreno is running the ball effectively....we know Johnson can run....only question is can we motivate him?

Buff
11-09-2009, 11:51 PM
Future solution to our QB problems:

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/brett-faver-kid.jpg

http://blog.guidetocinema.com/images/warren-moon.jpg

Northman
11-09-2009, 11:53 PM
For 2 weeks now.

If your pinning the Bmore loss on Orton your sorely misguided.

Requiem / The Dagda
http://blog.guidetocinema.com/images/warren-moon.jpg

McNair > MoONdizzle

http://kingice.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/s_mcnair_940910_wide.jpg

TXBRONC
we might be wise to make an inquiry into Larry Johnson, because neither Buckhalter or Moreno is running the ball effectively....we know Johnson can run....only question is can we motivate him?

A good defense that can crowd the box will do that to a lot of running backs.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-09-2009, 11:54 PM

No one is going to run the ball effectively if the OL does not show up, like in the last 2 games

Nomad
11-09-2009, 11:54 PM
Mendanhall

22 rush, 155yds
(130 yds in 2nd half)

Superchop 7
11-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Pass on Johnson.

TXBRONC
11-09-2009, 11:55 PM
No one is going to run the ball effectively if the OL does not show up, like in the last 2 games

The offensive line isn't in my opinion.

Northman
11-09-2009, 11:56 PM
So why shoot for the playoffs then??

My biggest beef is they GAVE up in the 4th both games. You can justify it anyway you want, but I expect the team to play 60 minutes!!! But they exceeded expectations!!:coffee:

So now your giving up on them. That will learn them. :coffee::lol:

claymore
11-09-2009, 11:56 PM

I cant think of a win to blame on him either.

camdisco24
11-09-2009, 11:57 PM
Offense looked like a high school team
Defense looked great until they wore down at the end.

Without the defensive touchdown, we have 3 points. Something has to change.
The sky is not falling, but we cannot beat the best if we dont beat them on both sides of the ball. Orton needs to get it together or we'll go nowhere.

I would love to blame it on McD, but I think he knows deep down Orton cannot throw deep balls. so why risk it?

All that said, we're 6-2 in our so-called rebuilding year. The future still looks bright, but there is still alot of work to do.

Superchop 7
11-09-2009, 11:58 PM

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Baltimore.....I agree

Tonight it was much better, Kyle had as much time as Ben.

Blame the neckbeard for this one.

red98

No, he's a loser 2 weeks in a row now 'cause we lost.

KO was terrific on his play action tonight. I think McKid needs to be more aggressive with the play calling before we judge KO.

Northman
I cant think of a win to blame on him either.

Of course. You win as a team and lose as a team.

Nomad
11-09-2009, 11:59 PM
So now your giving up on them. That will learn them. :coffee::lol:

Why go there because I didn't? Excuses we can't beat playoff caliber teams, so why go to the playoffs and make excuses we can't beat them because they are that caliber of a team. BRONCOS gave up not me!!

claymore
11-10-2009, 12:01 AM
Of course. You win as a team and lose as a team.

I like how that is used when Orton is the QB.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-10-2009, 12:02 AM
I like how that is used when Orton is the QB.

What do YOu got aainst KylE ORton? He has got us six wins!

Denver Native (Carol)
11-10-2009, 12:03 AM
Will be here if anyone is interested: Coach McD is talking

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=349&videoID=2816&type=broncosTV&year=&month=

claymore
11-10-2009, 12:03 AM

I wish he was our backup.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-10-2009, 12:08 AM
LMFAO at Steve YOung

"Josh McDaniels and Kyle Orton go over the game plan so much, like Rainman knid of stuff."

LOL!!!!

Timmy!
11-10-2009, 12:12 AM
LMFAO at Steve YOung

"Josh McDaniels and Kyle Orton go over the game plan so much, like Rainman knid of stuff."

LOL!!!!

:laugh: That made me laugh too. Although he did make some solid points, I really hate Young.

pnbronco
11-10-2009, 12:13 AM
Ah well. I can think of worse teams to lose to than the defending Super Bowl champs. They have a great team and deserve the win. We had better get our offense clicking next week against Washington.

The loss sucks, but 6-2 is pretty sweet. Thank god we have a short week until the next game to get the loss out of our system!

No matter what, I am proud of this team so far. We stood toe to toe for a while, but the turnovers killed us. If Orton can get back to form we still control our destiny. We still have a great shot at the playoffs, but once there who knows what will happen.

No matter what, I want our next game against the Chargers to be for a cushion in our lead, not to decide who gets 1st place! If we struggle next week, we may be in for a tough stretch.

No matter what, I will be there watching, cheering, cursing, and having a ball. No matter what, its football season and we are still exceeding my expectations.

Great post MS, it was not what we were hoping for, but the Steelers were a really good team tonight. The Broncos have work and are playing like I thought they would when the season started, well the D's better than I expected. I think they get back on track with Washington and then get their legs back for SD.

So toooo many Steeler Fans, what is wrong with the people that have season tickets. If you don't want to go to the games then release them so Bronco fans have a chance to buy them at face value and enjoy the games. That part sucked the most, we have decent seats and they were on all sides of us. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to grab a one of those towels and well who knows but it was so annoying.

So get back on the horse boys and play like you did 3 weeks ago. The D did have some great plays tonight. Man it's hard to tell live, but did Ben Hamilton get bounces around a lot? Oh and was it Kenny Peterson that forced the fumbled that we scored on?

HORSEPOWER 56
11-10-2009, 12:13 AM

No, the DEFENSE got us six wins. Orton just didn't blow it by throwing a lot of INTs.

Northman
11-10-2009, 12:21 AM
Why go there because I didn't? Excuses we can't beat playoff caliber teams, so why go to the playoffs and make excuses we can't beat them because they are that caliber of a team. BRONCOS gave up not me!!

We've already beaten 3 playoff calibur teams. So it can be done but did you really expect to go undefeated? Not too mention Pitt is still one of the BEST teams in the NFL right now. Again, if we start losing to teams we shouldnt than i will be far more concerned. I know Denver has struggled the last two games but lets not fool ourselves and disregard the teams we have beaten.

getlynched47
11-10-2009, 12:26 AM
http://blog.sherweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/mushroom-cloud.jpg

BroncoAV06
So I'm upset, down after a loss like normal, wanting to do nothing but scream. But my Bailey yellow athentic showed up today! Day goes from a 0/100 to a 24/100.

pnbronco
We did loose to the team that won the Super Bowl last year.

Hey I sat through that horrible game last when we lost to the Raiders last year, it really doesn't much lower than that. So if they struggle next week then I could panic, but not tonight.

getlynched47
11-10-2009, 12:28 AM
http://www.caerdroia.org/116/nuclear-explosion.jpg

Tned
11-10-2009, 12:28 AM
We've already beaten 3 playoff calibur teams. So it can be done but did you really expect to go undefeated? Not too mention Pitt is still one of the BEST teams in the NFL right now. Again, if we start losing to teams we shouldnt than i will be far more concerned. I know Denver has struggled the last two games but lets not fool ourselves and disregard the teams we have beaten.

Teams lose. How many teams have gone undeated in the regular season? Two, right, in the entire history of the league.

How many teams are still undefeated in the NFL? How many only have two losses?

It's not quite time to panic.

Iron Horse72
11-10-2009, 12:29 AM
It's a good thing our nextgame is against the Redskins, with our offense that's about the only team we could beat about now.

No time to panic now, we need these next two games tho or the sky will fall for sure.

pnbronco
11-10-2009, 12:31 AM
http://blog.sherweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/mushroom-cloud.jpg

Hey Lynch was there tonight. Was bummed because you couldn't walk down to the lower section unless you had a ticket so I couldn't visit with him for a few.

Also Atwater was there I went in early so I didn't go into the tent, where I'm sure he was.

Glad you got your jersey BA and had something to be happy at. (last night didn't help with the Avs)

LoyalSoldier
11-10-2009, 12:48 AM

And at the same time we should not disregard that our offense played like total crap in those two games. That is something to legitmately be worried about.

We couldn't run, we couldn't pass in the second half, and we spotted the Steelers 14 points.

Northman
11-10-2009, 12:56 AM
And at the same time we should not disregard that our offense played like total crap in those two games. That is something to legitmately be worried about.

We couldn't run, we couldn't pass in the second half, and we spotted the Steelers 14 points.

I dont think anyone has disregarded it. However, i think it is a bit more "understandable" as too why we struggled vs two quality teams. It wasnt like last year where we were getting blown out by KC and Oakland. Is there some cause for concern? Yea. But it was also against to very good teams. Yet again, if we have the same issues next week we can revisit this issue. But until then, its really for the most part much ado about nothing. We got beat by a better team.

getlynched47
11-10-2009, 01:13 AM
Hey Lynch was there tonight. Was bummed because you couldn't walk down to the lower section unless you had a ticket so I couldn't visit with him for a few.

Also Atwater was there I went in early so I didn't go into the tent, where I'm sure he was.

Glad you got your jersey BA and had something to be happy at. (last night didn't help with the Avs)

Apologies. Let me explain the picture. It was in reference to Broncos Country, which is in full-fledged SELF DESTRUCT mode. It's quite scary actually.

6-2 and our season is over according to many of them :laugh:

8 games into the season and people are calling Knowshon a "bust"

1 terrible terrible game by Orton, and they want to bench his ass. I guess with their logic, Champ should be benched because he had a very bad game.

Chill the EFF out guys. We may be 6-2, but if the offense can figure its shit out...........we go back to becoming a contender right away.

Sons of bitches really need to stop calling our season over LMAO :elefant:

pnbronco
11-10-2009, 02:01 AM
Apologies. Let me explain the picture. It was in reference to Broncos Country, which is in full-fledged SELF DESTRUCT mode. It's quite scary actually.

6-2 and our season is over according to many of them :laugh:

8 games into the season and people are calling Knowshon a "bust"

1 terrible terrible game by Orton, and they want to bench his ass. I guess with their logic, Champ should be benched because he had a very bad game.

Chill the EFF out guys. We may be 6-2, but if the offense can figure its shit out...........we go back to becoming a contender right away.

Sons of bitches really need to stop calling our season over LMAO :elefant:

Hey I totally understood that and I should have just said hey GetLynched your guy was at the game tonight. It is a cool picture BTW.

No panic here, like I posted earlier I've sat through some stinkers. They had a bad night and O was not on top of their game, but they played 2 really good teams.

Trust me everyone in that locker room knows this wasn't their best night. I'll be surprised if Orton can sit down tonight I don't he had any behind left.

topscribe
11-10-2009, 02:06 AM
Hey I totally understood that and I should have just said hey GetLynched your guy was at the game tonight. It is a cool picture BTW.

No panic here, like I posted earlier I've sat through some stinkers. They had a bad night and O was not on top of their game, but they played 2 really good teams.

Trust me everyone in that locker room knows this wasn't their best night. I'll be surprised if Orton can sit down tonight I don't he had any behind left.

If that's the case, then there better also be some the offensive line missing their asses . . .

-----

pnbronco
11-10-2009, 02:11 AM
If that's the case, then there better also be some the offensive line missing their asses . . .

-----

Top I'm sure they are...:laugh: I'm not sure if they showed it on TV but after that attempt to Graham and the mess that followed it showed McD tearing Kyle a new one. It just looked like it would hurt to sit after that.

topscribe
11-10-2009, 02:38 AM
Top I'm sure they are...:laugh: I'm not sure if they showed it on TV but after that attempt to Graham and the mess that followed it showed McD tearing Kyle a new one. It just looked like it would hurt to sit after that.

If you're talking about the play I think you are, I'm wondering how Graham
managed to drop that nice soft little lob and whether the coach is wondering
the same thing. There was a lot of space in front of Graham, and then Orton
would have looked like a hero, just as other QBs have in those kinds of plays,
when their receivers actually caught them.

But I don't know why Orton would have caught all that wrath when the Steelers
outnumbered the Broncos back there in the backfield . . .

-----

BroncoDiva87
11-10-2009, 08:49 AM

EXACTLY!! THAT is the MAJORITY Of our Problems on Offense!!! If orton doesnt have time to throw or has NO protection, Bucky, and moreno, royal cant do what they need to do! They need to do some Butt KICKING and Whip that OL into Shape in a HURRY!!!:mad:

BroncoDiva87
11-10-2009, 09:14 AM
Teams lose. How many teams have gone undeated in the regular season? Two, right, in the entire history of the league.

How many teams are still undefeated in the NFL? How many only have two losses?

It's not quite time to panic.

TOTALLY Not time to Panic!! How Many of us Thought we Would be 6-2 at thsi POINT? Be Honest! Not many .. if any of us thought that! So, Take a Deep Breath... and Relax!! Enjoy the Ride... Our Coach IS still a rookie..

Yeah, good Rookie... and This Team is NOT done... Just gotta Make some Adjustments!!:):beer:

Lonestar
11-10-2009, 09:21 AM
Got to see most of the 4th quarter. Not one of our better games from what I saw.

But then we played the world champs also.

I know many are disappointed but frankly IMO this team is a work in prgress thru the 2010 season.

Just from what I saw our running game needs more beef on the. Oline and maybe a jumbo backfield.

Being able to run will help to open the passing game.
I expected this loss so while I'm not happy about it I'm not crying in my beer.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

sneakers
11-10-2009, 10:04 AM
eh, time to go to bed.

topscribe
11-10-2009, 11:55 AM
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Baltimore.....I agree

Tonight it was much better, Kyle had as much time as Ben.

Blame the neckbeard for this one.

:confused: Did you see the game?

If that was good protection, I'd hate to see bad protection. :tsk:

-----

MOtorboat
11-10-2009, 11:57 AM
:confused: Did you see the game?

If that was good protection, I'd hate to see bad protection. :tsk:

-----

The protection was pretty good early on when McD was really mixing up play-action and we were moving the ball. But a lack of an ability to run AFTER that happened forced Denver's hand, and the interception clearly rattled Mr. Orton. Still, they had their chances and didn't convert. The Steelers have one tough defense, that's for sure. We'll bounce back against Washington.