PDA

View Full Version : DJ Williams bound for the Pro Bowl?

Dean
11-08-2009, 09:53 AM
DJ started last year playing at the level the Broncos thought that he would when he was drafted. Then he was hurt and tailed off. This year he has been playing lights out. Do you think that he will be playing after the Super Bowl?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=86490

Here is a thread on Orange Mane that I thought was interesting

Nomad
11-08-2009, 10:09 AM
I don't even see his name on the ballot!! Take that back, I found his name and submited my votes!
http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot

To answer your question, I doubt it! Pro Bowl is usually a popularity contest and DJ is not well known

MileHighCrew
11-08-2009, 10:23 AM
I sure hope so, he does deserve to be

Nomad
11-08-2009, 10:26 AM
Funny thing after you submit your ballot, it says you can vote as many times as you would like to ensure your favorite player gets voted in!!

You're right MHC, DJ has been playing solid football!!

dogfish
11-08-2009, 11:46 AM
i think he's definitely at that level this year-- he's been flying around. . . .

Dean
11-08-2009, 07:36 PM
I don't even see his name on the ballot!! Take that back, I found his name and submited my votes!
http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot

To answer your question, I doubt it! Pro Bowl is usually a popularity contest and DJ is not well known

Did you look under inside linebackers? He's listed.
:confused:

D.J. has 57 tackles which puts him 5th in the AFC for ILBs/MLBs but he also has 2 sacks and 2 forced fumbles both of which are more than those listed above him. I think that he has a shot.

gobroncsnv
11-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Do you think that he will be playing after the Super Bowl?

Trick question, right? The Pro Bowl is BEFORE the SB this year. wierd, but true. So my answer to the question above is, no, at least until next season...

But getting real, I think DJ is playing at that level. We'll have to keep being the D that we have been the first few weeks, hold the Metal Melters to a paltry score, and DJ rake in a few more stats. Right now, our D doesn't have many standouts, it's just a team. Champ and Dawk might go, I would be kind of shocked to see DJ make it... but would love it if he did.

TXBRONC
11-08-2009, 10:29 PM
i think he's definitely at that level this year-- he's been flying around. . . .

As much as the switch to a 3-4 defense has been a blessing for Dumervil I think we can say the same thing for D.J. as well.

Dirk
11-09-2009, 08:01 AM
No Broncos will play in the PB this year...simply because they will be getting ready for the SB!!!! :woot:

threefolddead
11-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Unfortunately the pro bowl has become completely meaningless. The ease of voting gives anyone the chance to vote which in turn gives those who have less knowledge of football a chance to go... hey I've heard of Brett Farve! *click* It is a bummer but I quit caring about the dumb game a long time ago. The fact alone that Clady wasn't there last year proves its a joke.

shank
11-09-2009, 11:42 AM
i think they should just reduce the fan vote from being 1/3 to being only like 1/5th of the vote. let the other 4/5 be by players and coaches... MAYBE give a portion of the fan-vote's weight to media... but i'm not sure that would help at all.

do that, but DON'T tell anyone! just let the fans keep thinking that their vote matters, when really it's just reduced enough to be a tie-breaker after the players and coaches vote. if fans found out that they don't matter, they would get all bitchy cause they think they're important, when really they just suck donkey balls.