PDA

View Full Version : Class Franchise

horsepig
11-08-2009, 05:05 AM
Having survived the early years, I have always loved watching this outfit.

They slowly (very slowly) scratched their way to the top.

One thing has always been a key element to the franchise though, dare I say, a commitment to excellence. Ironically, the Broncos rise to the elite franchise level was at the expense of the Raiders and Steelers.

Of course you must beat the best to join their club. The Broncos are in rare company indeed. Really, the only franchises over the last 35 years to win Consistently are the Broncos and the Steelers.

Cowboys, 49's, Gmen, etc..., all have had some nice runs. Who has a better overall record over the last 30 years than the Broncos?

the answer is no-one! We just passed the 49's 2 weeks ago.

My point is simply; we are very lucky fans to have such a "stellar" franchise to root, root, root for. Who gives two hoots for the dumbasses on "The ExtraSpecialPoofsNonothings" advertising network?

The Broncos have a few problems with some teams like the Phins and Ravens, but for the most part have a winning record against most other franchises.

John Ralston really started the ball rolling. The players revolted against his RahRah style and that resulted in the hiring of Red Miller. Miller gave to Dan Reeves and with Elway, the two almost refused to lose. The two made it to 3 SB's with very average teams, but they made it!

one thing that goes hand-in-hand with success is bad draft positions. The Broncos are the only NFL franchise over the last 35 years to have not had a top 10 draft pick. (unless you want to count Tommy Maddox and Bobby Humphrey in the long gone "supplemental draft").

Enter the Shannahan era and 2 SB victories, plus lots of personal and team records and accolades. Things seemed to get away from Shannahan and now we have a young wet behind the ears vunderkind named McD.

I am confident that we will be right back on the top tier of NFL franchises in the very near future, if we're not there now.

To be fair to the Broncos. they have yet to exit that elite standing, until the epic collapse last season. We, as fans understand this, the national media and fanbases ignore us unless we're winning it all. Even then, those Bronco are no more than an after thought in the collective media and fan brain trust.

If they'd beaten Jax and then won 3 SB's in a row they might be looked back on as a 3 year wonder.

PS: I am a dumb cowboy in the wilds of the great Nebraska grasslands and bite me if you find fault with any of my "facts".

Lonestar
11-08-2009, 11:07 AM
It really all started with Pats commitment to excellence. While the team was good in the few years prior to that 77 for example it was a YoYo team good/decent/poor prior to Pat putting up the bucks to commit to the TEAM.

The fan base has always been faithful but ownership was for the most part underfunded.

Hats off to Pat.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

WARHORSE
11-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Having survived the early years, I have always loved watching this outfit.

They slowly (very slowly) scratched their way to the top.

One thing has always been a key element to the franchise though, dare I say, a commitment to excellence. Ironically, the Broncos rise to the elite franchise level was at the expense of the Raiders and Steelers.

Of course you must beat the best to join their club. The Broncos are in rare company indeed. Really, the only franchises over the last 35 years to win Consistently are the Broncos and the Steelers.

Cowboys, 49's, Gmen, etc..., all have had some nice runs. Who has a better overall record over the last 30 years than the Broncos?

the answer is no-one! We just passed the 49's 2 weeks ago.

My point is simply; we are very lucky fans to have such a "stellar" franchise to root, root, root for. Who gives two hoots for the dumbasses on "The ExtraSpecialPoofsNonothings" advertising network?

The Broncos have a few problems with some teams like the Phins and Ravens, but for the most part have a winning record against most other franchises.

John Ralston really started the ball rolling. The players revolted against his RahRah style and that resulted in the hiring of Red Miller. Miller gave to Dan Reeves and with Elway, the two almost refused to lose. The two made it to 3 SB's with very average teams, but they made it!

one thing that goes hand-in-hand with success is bad draft positions. The Broncos are the only NFL franchise over the last 35 years to have not had a top 10 draft pick. (unless you want to count Tommy Maddox and Bobby Humphrey in the long gone "supplemental draft").

Enter the Shannahan era and 2 SB victories, plus lots of personal and team records and accolades. Things seemed to get away from Shannahan and now we have a young wet behind the ears vunderkind named McD.

I am confident that we will be right back on the top tier of NFL franchises in the very near future, if we're not there now.

To be fair to the Broncos. they have yet to exit that elite standing, until the epic collapse last season. We, as fans understand this, the national media and fanbases ignore us unless we're winning it all. Even then, those Bronco are no more than an after thought in the collective media and fan brain trust.

If they'd beaten Jax and then won 3 SB's in a row they might be looked back on as a 3 year wonder.

PS: I am a dumb cowboy in the wilds of the great Nebraska grasslands and bite me if you find fault with any of my "facts".

Dumb cowboys are smarter than other people.:coffee: