PDA

View Full Version : CB Jack Williams Released

Tned
11-07-2009, 11:11 AM
Cornerback Jack Williams has been released to make room for Ty Law.

@Adam_Schefter: And now it is official: Broncos signed five-time Pro Bowl cornerback Ty Law and waived cornerback Jack Williams.

Nomad
11-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Thanks for being a BRONCOS, Jack! Good Luck!!

GEM
11-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Am I the only one here thinking...why the hell did we sign a guy with a 15 yr career who is past his prime and let go of a young up and comer? :confused:

Nomad
11-07-2009, 11:39 AM
Am I the only one here thinking...why the hell did we sign a guy with a 15 yr career who is past his prime and let go of a young up and comer? :confused:

I do question but it's hard to see what coach sees sitting on my couch! I guess we'll have to trust him and believe Jack wasn't getting the job done.:whoknows:

Tned
11-07-2009, 11:39 AM

Yea, it crossed my mind. I really figured they would release a non-CB, and let Smith and Williams play dime and learn under the old vets.

GEM
11-07-2009, 11:51 AM
I could totally see a Moss being let go...the guy can't make the field. Not a Williams who has seen the field and maybe needs some coaching on technique.

Tned
11-07-2009, 11:55 AM
I could totally see a Moss being let go...the guy can't make the field. Not a Williams who has seen the field and maybe needs some coaching on technique.

Agreed. I guess it comes down to one of two things:

They think Law can help them win this season, and feel they have a good shot at a deep playoff run and are willing to sacrifice the future a bit by releasing Williams.
They don't see Williams as a long term solution.

Nomad
11-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Agreed. I guess it comes down to one of two things:

They think Law can help them win this season, and feel they have a good shot at a deep playoff run and are willing to sacrifice the future a bit by releasing Williams.
They don't see Williams as a long term solution.

Hopefully he explains himself in the news conference, probably fat chance!

Dreadnought
11-07-2009, 12:00 PM

Yes, and for this reason I don't like the move

LRtagger
11-07-2009, 12:01 PM
It's certainly an odd move...but I'm not going to judge until we see the difference on the field.

Also, it could also be a possible off-the-field conflict or an internal conflict.

But between Josh, Mike, and Ed I have faith that they are making a decision they feel is necessary and will make this a better team.

Overtime
11-07-2009, 12:02 PM
oh good god, not Ty Law. his last stint with KC, he got burned all the time.

he's gonna get torched worse than Dre` Bly ever did when he played here.

Roethlisberger must be licking his chops about right now. Law is an old, slow man.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-07-2009, 12:04 PM
May be because of the following that Williams was released:

http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13733852

Two of the last three opposing quarterbacks — New England's Tom Brady and Baltimore's Joe Flacco — zeroed in on the Broncos' third cornerback in some passing situations and found plenty of success. Patriots receivers who predominantly lined up against the Broncos' third cornerback caught 11 passes for just over 100 yards combined in the Oct. 11 game. That total included four catches for 46 yards by Wes Welker against the Broncos' nickel package.

And Sunday, Flacco was 12-of-15 passing against the nickel package, and four of those completions went for at least 17 yards. Ravens wide receiver Kelley Washington had third-down catches of 18 and 21 yards late in the third quarter — both with Williams giving chase — on a scoring drive that turned a 16-7 Ravens lead to a 23-7 bulge as the fourth quarter opened.

Ravage!!!
11-07-2009, 12:04 PM

I know Ty was a GREAT corner at one time... and I realize that our safety is playing at a good level despite his age. BUT... our safety is showing that he CAN play at a high level despite his age. Ty Law, on the other hand, has shown that he no longer can. He's shown, when playing for the Chiefs, and his second stint with the Jets (which he signed on Nov 10th of 2008...he's a Nov signer I guess)... that he has lost a step. His last good season was in 2005.

I'm sure law has some step left in him, and we know he knows what he's doing in the NFL... and will play with some savvy. But he's a one year rental. Much like the Jets last year, and there is a reason they didn't sign him for another contract.

Ravage!!!
11-07-2009, 12:09 PM
oh good god, not Ty Law. his last stint with KC, he got burned all the time.

he's gonna get torched worse than Dre` Bly ever did when he played here.

Roethlisberger must be licking his chops about right now. Law is an old, slow man.

Would be REALLY odd if Law plays THIS weekend. He's not played a sing down of football since '08, and now he comes in against the SB champions on MNF? Well, the good thing is that Ty Law has always.. Always... played well on the big stage.

This is a desperation move.. imo.

Poet
11-07-2009, 12:11 PM

Odds are good that he isn't really an up and comer.

broncobryce
11-07-2009, 12:14 PM
May be because of the following that Williams was released:

http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13733852

Two of the last three opposing quarterbacks — New England's Tom Brady and Baltimore's Joe Flacco — zeroed in on the Broncos' third cornerback in some passing situations and found plenty of success. Patriots receivers who predominantly lined up against the Broncos' third cornerback caught 11 passes for just over 100 yards combined in the Oct. 11 game. That total included four catches for 46 yards by Wes Welker against the Broncos' nickel package.

And Sunday, Flacco was 12-of-15 passing against the nickel package, and four of those completions went for at least 17 yards. Ravens wide receiver Kelley Washington had third-down catches of 18 and 21 yards late in the third quarter — both with Williams giving chase — on a scoring drive that turned a 16-7 Ravens lead to a 23-7 bulge as the fourth quarter opened.

Exactly what I was thinking. I didn't realize it was to that extent, but I did notice he was a weakness. Pretty good tackler, not very good cover.

LRtagger
11-07-2009, 12:16 PM

How exactly do you figure the FO signed Law out of desperation :confused:

Tned
11-07-2009, 12:17 PM
Would be REALLY odd if Law plays THIS weekend. He's not played a sing down of football since '08, and now he comes in against the SB champions on MNF? Well, the good thing is that Ty Law has always.. Always... played well on the big stage.

We'll see, McDaniels said he hopes that Law will play on Monday.

Poet
11-07-2009, 12:19 PM
We'll see, McDaniels said he hopes that Law will play on Monday.

He also played in the 3-4 for years. Trust me, Ty isn't going going to suffer from not knowing the system.

I don't think Ty is expecting to be a world beater, but I don't think he would get abused by Kelly Washington.

MOtorboat
11-07-2009, 12:26 PM

He did the same thing last year and shut down Randy Moss in the first game he played. Right off the street. Don't see why he couldn't do it again to a slot receiver this year.

BroncoWave
11-07-2009, 12:31 PM

Just because you're young doesn't mean you're up and coming. 2 totally different things. Personally, I've never been impressed with Jack Williams and I suppose after being abused by Kelly Washington of all people, McDaniels had seen enough.

Ravage!!!
11-07-2009, 01:01 PM
How exactly do you figure the FO signed Law out of desperation :confused:

Thats what I don't understand. The defense has been playing, obviously, very well. I know Jack Williams has been beaten...that goes without saying.

But to bring in an aging CB, that every team in the NFL has passed on.. that has shown he doesn't have the step (by far) that he used to (as shown when he played in KC and again last year in NY)... shows SOMETHING. Its not a sign of confidence. Its not a sign of 'everything is going smoothly'... its not a sign that our depth is holding up.

So it 'feels' like a desperate type of move for a team that doesn't appear to be in need of a desperate move.

skycoyote
11-07-2009, 01:03 PM
Williams is too small to play cornerback, I've questioned Smith's size also, time will tell if he was worth a #1. Law should be an effective band-aid til next year.

Does anyone know how Josh Barrett is progessing? He has ideal saftey size.

Brand
11-07-2009, 01:26 PM
McD this and McD that.... Could this be a Nolan move that McD agreed with? I believe Nolan calls the D and McD just advises and consents on personnel issues. I am sure he has input and the final say, but Nolan is the mind behind the D.......

elsid13
11-07-2009, 01:26 PM
I really don't like this move. You lose a young cheap corner, that shown flashes, and plays special teams, for a old veteran that can only play in zone coverages and doesn't play special teams. What Williams lacked was experience and that why he struggled at times.

NameUsedBefore
11-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Last I saw of Ty Law on the Chiefs he was getting torched.

jhildebrand
11-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Williams is too small to play cornerback, I've questioned Smith's size also, time will tell if he was worth a #1. Law should be an effective band-aid til next year.

IIRC, the average height for a CB in the NFL is 5' 10". I have posted a breakdown of the greats on another forum for years now debunking the myth of the giant CB's.

Karl paymah was a tall and long CB and he hasn't exactly panned out.

jhildebrand
11-07-2009, 01:46 PM

Last I saw, the Chiefs were still getting torched. Did you see the game against SD? If they were getting torched with and without Law, how exactly do we pin it on Law? :confused:

Iron Horse72
11-07-2009, 01:56 PM
WTH? I mean I'll wait to see how this works out before I pass judgement.

But Ty Law frigging sucks, he better make some plays that's all I know.

Northman
11-07-2009, 01:57 PM

Maybe he wasnt very good. :whoknows:

NameUsedBefore
11-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Last I saw, the Chiefs were still getting torched. Did you see the game against SD? If they were getting torched with and without Law, how exactly do we pin it on Law? :confused:

That means two players are getting burned, then. Maybe Law will do better under Nolan, but he looked slow in KC which is pretty normal for a dude who has been in the league as long as he has.

Northman
11-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Ravens wide receiver Kelley Washington had third-down catches of 18 and 21 yards late in the third quarter — both with Williams giving chase — on a scoring drive that turned a 16-7 Ravens lead to a 23-7 bulge as the fourth quarter opened.

Yep, i knew Washington would be dangerous depending on who he would be matched up with. I do believe i even saw Smith get owned in a couple of series but Smith has more upside than Williams.

GEM
11-07-2009, 02:05 PM
Jack Williams was no worse than Foxworth and Foxworth held worth to another team. We just cut a young guy that could have had some trade value to a team whose secondary is decimated. We cut him for a guy who is past his prime and won't be on the team next season.

snowspot66
11-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Jack Williams was no worse than Foxworth and Foxworth held worth to another team. We just cut a young guy that could have had some trade value to a team whose secondary is decimated. We cut him for a guy who is past his prime and won't be on the team next season.

Let's be fair here.

Foxworth got us a 6th round pick and he had significant #2 CB starting experience compared to Jack Williams.

Now Foxworth has himself a pretty big deal and Ravens fans can't hardly stand him.

We've never seen anything from Williams that would indicate he would be anything special. We can easily go out next year and sign a serviceable veteran CB to take the place of Williams with little or no drop in play and possibly an improvement in play.

Northman
11-07-2009, 02:13 PM

Foxworth is vastly overpaid.

BroncoWave
11-07-2009, 02:13 PM

Who's going to trade for a nickel corner who hasn't gotten any better in his 2 years in the league? At least Foxworth had starting experience and had shown a flash or 2. Williams has done absolutely nothing in his career and I can't imagine anyone wasting a draft pick on him when they could just use that pick on a CB themselves.

Poet
11-07-2009, 02:16 PM

Foxworth is trash. The Raven's secondary blows so much and he routinely gets crushed. I watched Ocho rip him one, then Henry ripped him one, and then Caldwell ripped him one (not for the game winning TD). The Ravens signed him for a lot of money because he was a decent CB in Denver during a FA class that was weak at CB. Foxy sucks. For all you know you did try to trade him.

I don't know your team like you do. That being said, I think Denver decided to eschew a project CB for a veteran guy who won't get beaten by mistakes. From what I've gathered Jack wasn't exactly a brain surgeon on the football field. I don't think Law is going to be abused by guys like Washington, and I don't think the cutting of Jack Williams is going to haunt your franchise. :salute:

Northman
11-07-2009, 02:21 PM
I know for a fact that there is a bit of sentimental attitudes towards Williams for one reason or another. I remember when he was drafted there were a few on the Mane who would coo about him and how good he could be. I was doing the same thing for Foxworth while in Denver after watching him at MD. But having watched him this year in Bmore (and i point specifically at the first Bengals game where he gave up on a route that Henry took to the house on him) and have had to admit he just isnt worth top dollar. As BTB stated, he had shown flashes in the past but is nowhere near "elite" kind of level. And Williams hasnt even really shown flashes in my opinion. If he had i dont think McD would of wasted a draft pick on Smith. And with Williams being a 4th rounder with no starting experience what kind of value does he really have? I just dont see anyone giving up a draft choice for a guy in his position.

DenBronx
11-07-2009, 02:26 PM
this is all Cutlers fault

Cugel
11-07-2009, 02:31 PM

Service announcement: "Do Not Eat The Brown Acid! It can cause a bad Trip!" :coffee:

Foxworth is STARTING for the Ravens defense, which just pounded the Broncos. Williams was a bust who will soon be out of the NFL. According to you they're identical? :laugh:

Trade value? For a former 4th round draft pick who played his way off the team because he couldn't handle nickel and dime coverages in his second season! Other teams can get guys like that out of their local gym!

What everybody is forgetting is that the process of McDaniels evaluating the defensive talent on this team and getting rid of the dead-wood is an ongoing process.

Obviously going into the season, they felt that Williams was worth trying out as a short term measure, since he was only a rookie last year. Perhaps they just kept him around because of a shortage of experienced players at backup CB. Just as obviously, they don't think he has talent enough to play in this league and need a nickel CB.

Whether Ty Law works out or not, for Jack Williams it's decision time: "Do I retire and try my hand at real estate sales, or maybe I can catch on with some team in the Canadian Football League where I can join other former NFL failures like Darius Watts?" :coffee:

Because there's really not a lot of future in the NFL for former 4th round draft picks and career backups, who get cut mid-way through their 2nd season. There are an endless number of such failures and for the vast majority of them, that pink slip is the end of the line for their NFL careers.

Devilspawn
11-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Are you feeling what I'm feeling... Jack Williams to New England?

Poet
11-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Cugel is definitely tactful.

I do think Jack Williams will find another team to go to.

LRtagger
11-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Thats what I don't understand. The defense has been playing, obviously, very well. I know Jack Williams has been beaten...that goes without saying.

But to bring in an aging CB, that every team in the NFL has passed on.. that has shown he doesn't have the step (by far) that he used to (as shown when he played in KC and again last year in NY)... shows SOMETHING. Its not a sign of confidence. Its not a sign of 'everything is going smoothly'... its not a sign that our depth is holding up.

So it 'feels' like a desperate type of move for a team that doesn't appear to be in need of a desperate move.

It's not a sign of confidence in JMFW, but what other lack of confidence are the coaches giving off to you? According to you the FO is desperate and has no confidence in our D :confused:

We have arguably two of the top defensive minds of the past decade (Nolan and Donatell). These guys saw a glaring weakness on an otherwise spectacular defense. The only way to fix that weakness is to find a solution. Ty Law may or may not be the solution for this season, but it obviously wasn't Jack Williams.

To me it is less a sign of desperation or lack of confidence and more a move to shore up the biggest weakness this defense has in what could be a team making a significant playoff run. So, they picked up a veteran who has played in this type of defense before. If we are 1-6 right now, I don't think this move happens - and that should be when the coaches are desperate or lack confidence in the defense.

Ty Law playing in some nickle packages is a huge difference from him being the #1 or #2 corner as he has been in the recent past. Who knows whether this will work out, but obviously the coaches saw the need to make an adjustment via personel.

Ravage!!!
11-07-2009, 02:59 PM
It's not a sign of confidence in JMFW, but what other lack of confidence are the coaches giving off to you? According to you the FO is desperate and has no confidence in our D :confused:

actually.. if you read my second post, thats what I'm saying. For a team that has had great success in the defense this season.. signing and AGED vet that is well past his best years, in Nov nonetheless, is a move that you expect from a team that is desperate. Not a team that is 6-1 and playing defense WELL beyond the expections.

What you say makes sense... but at the same time there is a reason that Ty Law was still available in November. There is a reason he was available in Nov last year, and wasn't resigned by the Jets again this year.

So, as I stated in my second post.. this 'FEELS' like a desperate type of move for a team that doesn't appear to be in need of a desperate move.

shank
11-07-2009, 03:06 PM

i don't know if that comparison is 1:1, but i am never a fan of exchanging youth with potential for past glory.

i thought williams showed flashes at times, but he was making lots of mistakes.

i'll just have to trust the coaches in cutting their losses with jack. i hope law has stayed in shape.

Cugel
11-07-2009, 03:12 PM
I know for a fact that there is a bit of sentimental attitudes towards Williams for one reason or another. I remember when he was drafted there were a few on the Mane who would coo about him and how good he could be. I was doing the same thing for Foxworth while in Denver after watching him at MD. But having watched him this year in Bmore (and i point specifically at the first Bengals game where he gave up on a route that Henry took to the house on him) and have had to admit he just isnt worth top dollar. As BTB stated, he had shown flashes in the past but is nowhere near "elite" kind of level. And Williams hasnt even really shown flashes in my opinion. If he had i dont think McD would of wasted a draft pick on Smith. And with Williams being a 4th rounder with no starting experience what kind of value does he really have? I just dont see anyone giving up a draft choice for a guy in his position.

#1 The Ravens defense is one of the top defenses in the NFL.

#2 Foxworth is starting -- regardless of your opinion of him.

Right there, I'd say that your opinion is not shared by the Ravens defensive coaches. :coffee:

#3 Starting CB is NOT like backup nickel or dime CB! Even if Foxworth lost his starting job, which seems unlikely since he's been successful enough to get starting jobs both with Atlanta and Baltimore, he could still be a backup.

Williams is a scrub. A former 4th round pick who is a wash-out like virtually all the OTHER Mike Shanahan defensive draft picks over the last 10 years.

In fact you could sum up Shanahan's draft day defensive successes over the last decade in 3 names:

1. Reggie Hayworth who had one good season as a DE before Denver let him go in FA.

2. Elvis Dumervil -- who wasn't a good fit for a 4-3 DE because he's too small, but who has had success as a 3-4 OLB. In short Shanny picked a good player -- but for the wrong defense. Same thing goes with Kenny Peterson, who was a total scrub as a 4-3 DE, but is starting as a 3-4 DE. He's not wildly great, but he does his job well enough.

3. DJ Williams -- who was hampered by constantly moving him around.

You could give Shanahan the benefit of the doubt on drafting Darrent Williams who was a starter before he was killed, but who had some problems on defense. He might have grown out of them or he might have been gone by now, we'll never know.

But that's not a great history over 9 seasons of drafting!

LRtagger
11-07-2009, 03:12 PM
actually.. if you read my second post, thats what I'm saying. For a team that has had great success in the defense this season.. signing and AGED vet that is well past his best years, in Nov nonetheless, is a move that you expect from a team that is desperate. Not a team that is 6-1 and playing defense WELL beyond the expections.

What you say makes sense... but at the same time there is a reason that Ty Law was still available in November. There is a reason he was available in Nov last year, and wasn't resigned by the Jets again this year.

So, as I stated in my second post.. this 'FEELS' like a desperate type of move for a team that doesn't appear to be in need of a desperate move.

Well FWIW Law said he had other teams contact him for his services this season, but they "weren't the right opportunities" for him.

Slick
11-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Jack made a few nice tackles in run support but his coverage skills left a lot to be desired.

Nolan has been successful with his use of veteran players. He'll find a way to work to Law's strengths. I don't think we'll have a hard time finding a guy at least as good as Jack via free agency or the draft next year after a mid season rental of Ty Law.

Overtime
11-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Are you feeling what I'm feeling... Jack Williams to New England?

all team's trash, is usually New England's treasure.

TXBRONC
11-07-2009, 03:31 PM

Right there, I'd say that your opinion is not shared by the Ravens defensive coaches. :coffee:

#3 Starting CB is NOT like backup nickel or dime CB! Even if Foxworth lost his starting job, which seems unlikely since he's been successful enough to get starting jobs both with Atlanta and Baltimore, he could still be a backup.

Williams is a scrub. A former 4th round pick who is a wash-out like virtually all the OTHER Mike Shanahan defensive draft picks over the last 10 years.

In fact you could sum up Shanahan's draft day defensive successes over the last decade in 3 names:

1. Reggie Hayworth who had one good season as a DE before Denver let him go in FA.

2. Elvis Dumervil -- who wasn't a good fit for a 4-3 DE because he's too small, but who has had success as a 3-4 OLB. In short Shanny picked a good player -- but for the wrong defense. Same thing goes with Kenny Peterson, who was a total scrub as a 4-3 DE, but is starting as a 3-4 DE. He's not wildly great, but he does his job well enough.

You could give Shanahan the benefit of the doubt on drafting Darrent Williams who was a starter before he was killed, but who had some problems on defense. He might have grown out of them or he might have been gone by now, we'll never know.

Wilson, Mobley, Pryce, and Gold were good defensive picks as well and as Darrent Williams whom you also mentioned. I'm saying that his drafts were great but to say that there were only two or maybe three good players that he drafted isn't quite fair in my opinion.

Nomad
11-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Jack made a few nice tackles in run support but his coverage skills left a lot to be desired.

Nolan has been successful with his use of veteran players. He'll find a way to work to Law's strengths. I don't think we'll have a hard time finding a guy at least as good as Jack via free agency or the draft next year after a mid season rental of Ty Law.

A way to look at the positives!! :salute:to you Slick! Let's see what Law has to offer before we bring the lynch mob to get him!!

Ravage!!!
11-07-2009, 03:38 PM
Well FWIW Law said he had other teams contact him for his services this season, but they "weren't the right opportunities" for him.

well.. I put cars out in front the front parking lot... and Walt Disney intentionally keeps lines moving slow. Why? Lines draw business.

TXBRONC
11-07-2009, 03:43 PM
A way to look at the positives!! :salute:to you Slick! Let's see what Law has to offer before we bring the lynch mob to get him!!

I agree with not bring out the lynch mob, we should take pause to see what kind role they have in mind for Law and can he produce. That being said there things about Law I believe are legitimate concerns. He's well past his prime and what does have left in the tank if anything.

Slick
11-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Veteran savvy can make up for a lack of speed.

Nomad
11-07-2009, 03:49 PM
I agree with not bring out the lynch mob, we should take pause to see what kind role they have in mind for Law and can he produce. That being said there things about Law I believe are legitimate concerns. He's well past his prime and what does have left in the tank if anything.

Let's wait and see:whoknows: It's not like JW was lighting up the field!!

Tned
11-07-2009, 03:55 PM

New England has been very successful at signing these aging veterans, often well into the season. We are doing things the New England way, so I would say we might as well take a wait and see before assuming that this is some sort of deperation move, vs. a missing piece for a playoff run.

Ravage!!!
11-07-2009, 03:57 PM

You don't know that. Plus.. just because the Baltimore defense as a whole is playing well, doesn't mean his individual performance is good. There are mediocre to bad players on every good team. Just because he's starting doesn't mean he's good, just means he's better than the back-up.

Unlikely? why? He seems to win a starting job, only to find the team either release him or trade him away. Happened in both Denver and now Atlanta. Atlanta being a team that was desperate for corners...and it took him a while to even get in the starting role... only then to find he didn't ahve a contract the next year. If I were a betting man, I would say the odds of him keeping his starting job in Baltimore is pretty damned slim.

LRtagger
11-07-2009, 04:02 PM
well.. I put cars out in front the front parking lot... and Walt Disney intentionally keeps lines moving slow. Why? Lines draw business.

Not quite sure I understand your point.

Are you saying other teams showed interest in Law as a ploy so another team would take a shot at him?

Ravage!!!
11-07-2009, 04:04 PM
New England has been very successful at signing these aging veterans, often well into the season. We are doing things the New England way, so I would say we might as well take a wait and see before assuming that this is some sort of deperation move, vs. a missing piece for a playoff run.

I agree.

I'm not saying its a DESPERATE move... I'm saying it feels like a desperate 'kind' or 'type' of move. A move that teams make when they seem to be scrambling to fill holes. Thats what feels odd about this particular signing, because I don't see us in that position. But, maybe, thats exactly what we are doing. Not saying the team is in a tailspin and desperately trying to find an answer, but it appears on the outside to be that kind of signing.

MOtorboat
11-07-2009, 04:04 PM

Are you saying other teams showed interest in Law as a ploy so another team would take a shot at him?

Yes, it's all a conspiracy and "McDummy" doesn't know what he's doing.

Ravage!!!
11-07-2009, 04:08 PM

No.. I'm saying that players (like business's using cars or lines) use the "I have other peopel interested in me"... to show value.

Your business (which you are basically a self employed contractor as a FA) doesn't look like it has much value when you simply don't have any business. People (even NFL owners/GMs/coaches) might feel the quality of service isn't worth attaining if tey are the ONLY ones interested in such service.

Disney keeps lines on certain rides to build up interest in that ride. "I have other teams looking at me, just not the right situation"... is a way of saying "I have lines."

rcsodak
11-07-2009, 04:08 PM
I know Ty was a GREAT corner at one time... and I realize that our safety is playing at a good level despite his age. BUT... our safety is showing that he CAN play at a high level despite his age. Ty Law, on the other hand, has shown that he no longer can. He's shown, when playing for the Chiefs, and his second stint with the Jets (which he signed on Nov 10th of 2008...he's a Nov signer I guess)... that he has lost a step. His last good season was in 2005.

I'm sure law has some step left in him, and we know he knows what he's doing in the NFL... and will play with some savvy. But he's a one year rental. Much like the Jets last year, and there is a reason they didn't sign him for another contract.

:lol: Well good job, Rav.....you covered BOTH sides of the argument.

So are you being a commentator here, or do you fall on one side or the other? :confused:

BroncoWave
11-07-2009, 04:24 PM
No.. I'm saying that players (like business's using cars or lines) use the "I have other peopel interested in me"... to show value.

But he only said this AFTER we signed him, which kinda blows your theory.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-07-2009, 04:45 PM
Wait... Law is an old, past his prime ex-Patriot, right? Oh and by bringing him in he effectively removes another Shanahan draft pick from the roster right? Gee sounds exactly like the pre-season. :cool:

broncofaninfla
11-07-2009, 05:04 PM
Williams could end up on the practice squad right? If Law sucks we could always promote Carter from the PS

skycoyote
11-07-2009, 05:07 PM
Here is some of the best cornerbacks of all time. Notice that only Darrell Green was under six feet tall. He made up for his height challenge with pure speed, we all know that Darrell was the fastest man in the NFL for many years.

Deion Sanders, 6-1, 195
Rod Woodson, 6-0, 205
Dick "Night Train" Lane, 6-2, 210
Champ Bailey, 6-0, 195
Willie Brown, 6-1, 195
Mel Blount, 6-3, 205
Darrell Green, 5-9, 185
Mike Haynes, 6-2, 192
Lester Hayes, 6-0, 200

Of course there are always super talented people that play above there size, but I would rather play the average's and have ideal size personnel than gamble with undersized players. Small guys just don't have enough come December and January. Furthermore, Alfonso Smith seems undersized to me, but maybe he will be a special player, I hope so.

broncofaninfla
11-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Law is wearing 26, the same number Jack Williams wore..

BroncoWave
11-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Law is wearing 26, the same number Jack Williams wore..

He is also using Williams' old locker.

DenBronx
11-07-2009, 05:25 PM
he just stole his GF too.

GEM
11-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Foxworth is trash. The Raven's secondary blows so much and he routinely gets crushed. I watched Ocho rip him one, then Henry ripped him one, and then Caldwell ripped him one (not for the game winning TD). The Ravens signed him for a lot of money because he was a decent CB in Denver during a FA class that was weak at CB. Foxy sucks. For all you know you did try to trade him.

I don't know your team like you do. That being said, I think Denver decided to eschew a project CB for a veteran guy who won't get beaten by mistakes. From what I've gathered Jack wasn't exactly a brain surgeon on the football field. I don't think Law is going to be abused by guys like Washington, and I don't think the cutting of Jack Williams is going to haunt your franchise. :salute:

Go back through my posts, my point is we could have cut a Jarvis Moss. Someone who has NEVER seen the field and most likely never would. I just think there are guys on the team that should have been cut before Williams. Ty Law gets toasted like a marshmellow...he is not going to do this team any better than Williams.

Slick
11-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Go back through my posts, my point is we could have cut a Jarvis Moss. Someone who has NEVER seen the field and most likely never would. I just think there are guys on the team that should have been cut before Williams. Ty Law gets toasted like a marshmellow...he is not going to do this team any better than Williams.

I think the only reason we didn't cut Moss is because it would add more dead money to a team that leads the league in dead money. I seriously doubt Nolan will leave Law out on an island GEM. He'll be in when we play zone, and he'll roll Hill or Dawkins over if he winds up playing some man to man. Jack just wasn't that good. Maybe practice guys were playing just as well as Williams and Josh held on to Jack to see if he'd improve under a system that saw all of our players improve. I hope the DBs can stay healthy.

BroncoWave
11-07-2009, 05:50 PM

It's not like we're asking Law to come in and cover teams' #1 and #2 guys. And even in the nickel he will still probably split plays with Smith. Williams has sucked donkey balls this year and hasn't improved at all since last year. He had no trade value and we really aren't losing anything by cutting him.

As for Moss, McD gave him strong praise during one of his press conferences this week because he's been one of the best scout team players in practice all year and has done a good job playing the role of the other teams' star defenders in practice. May not seem like much but McD obviously thinks enough of him to give him praise to the media.

Cugel
Wilson, Mobley, Pryce, and Gold were good defensive picks as well and as Darrent Williams whom you also mentioned. I'm saying that his drafts were great but to say that there were only two or maybe three good players that he drafted isn't quite fair in my opinion.

You can scratch Ian Gold who Shanahan CUT in what should have been still the prime of his career. He wasn't good enough for Shanahan to keep and he's been out of football for years!

AS for Mobley, Al Wilson and Pryce those picks were back in the 90's. This is a different decade, marked by such 1st and 2nd round defensive picks as Willie Middlebrooks, Deltha O'Neil, Paul Toviesi, Terry Pierce, Jarvis Moss and Tim Crowder. All Busts!

In fact, outside D.J. and Darrent Williams Shanahan didn't draft ONE useful starter in the first or second round of the draft in his last NINE years!

Poet

He may be there for depth. Like I said, I don't know your team like you do. I would guess that Moss was left there for the numbers as far as what positions he can play.

I see your point, GEM.

Cugel
11-07-2009, 05:54 PM
It's not like we're asking Law to come in and cover teams' #1 and #2 guys. And even in the nickel he will still probably split plays with Smith. Williams has sucked donkey balls this year and hasn't improved at all since last year. He had no trade value and we really aren't losing anything by cutting him.

As for Moss, McD gave him strong praise during one of his press conferences this week because he's been one of the best scout team players in practice all year and has done a good job playing the role of the other teams' star defenders in practice. May not seem like much but McD obviously thinks enough of him to give him praise to the media.

That's the most important point. He's going to be the NICKEL and DIME back! He won't start at all unless there's an injury and hopefully not even then because he's not the player he was and you don't want him locked up in a matchup with the opponents' #2 WR very often unless he has safety help over the top.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-07-2009, 06:03 PM
I am going to wait and see - once Law plays - if he is helping the Broncos or not

anton...
11-07-2009, 06:31 PM

true on the others, but darrent was not "that" good...

he became much better after his death...

:2cents:

mcd and co. seem to be doing a good job with personnel this season even though everyone keeps saying they are wrong...

"we shall see" said the zen master...

rcsodak
11-07-2009, 06:52 PM
I am going to wait and see - once Law plays - if he is helping the Broncos or not

Well, I just hope he's more of an upgrade than the new punter, who has so far made the returner run FORWARD to catch it.

rcsodak
11-07-2009, 07:00 PM

Funny how you BLAST Shanny's D drafting, cug, but forget, evidently, that Foxworth was ALSO a Shanny pick! Ooops.

And he ISN'T that good. Balti's secondary has been blasted by opposing teams as well as analysts all year. And that's made even worse when you look at the fact they have one of the better from 7's in the league, which everybody knows makes the cb's job easier.

You're not right on this one....sowwy.

rcsodak
11-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Exactly! And if he sux eggs, it costs the team $200+k. Big whoop!

JONtheBRONCO
11-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Williams got torched up and down the field last Sunday. I like the addition of Law b/c it will give the REAL up and comer some time to sit back and learn... that being Phonzie!

Slick
11-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Williams got torched up and down the field last Sunday. I like the addition of Law b/c it will give the REAL up and comer some time to sit back and learn... that being Phonzie!

I have a feeling Smith will still play more than Law. Ty will come in when Nolan goes dime. I agree on one point though. If Alphonso can be a sponge around guys like Law and Bailey it will only make him better. He seems to have the physical tools. He can't do anything about his height. The mental part of the game is very important and a battle tested champion like Law can teach him a lot.

Superchop 7
11-07-2009, 07:34 PM
JUST A REMINDER

After what had been a quiet few weeks for Patriots cornerback Ty Law's name is back in the news again.

Law's story differs from the initial report published by the Quincy Patriot Ledger. According to that newspaper Law initially pulled over, but then sped off in his 2004 Rolls-Royce. Two officers then reportedly chased Law south down Collins Avenue before the cornerback pulled over again and left the car. However when police instructed him to put his hands behind his back, he reportedly "became agitated'' and ran.

When the two officers caught up to him, police told the newspaper that Law said "not to touch him because he is a professional athlete."

This likely doesn't bode well for Law after the veteran has called his coach a "liar" and voiced to every media outlet that would listen that he no longer wants to play in New England.

Slick
11-07-2009, 07:37 PM
JUST A REMINDER

After what had been a quiet few weeks for Patriots cornerback Ty Law's name is back in the news again.

Law's story differs from the initial report published by the Quincy Patriot Ledger. According to that newspaper Law initially pulled over, but then sped off in his 2004 Rolls-Royce. Two officers then reportedly chased Law south down Collins Avenue before the cornerback pulled over again and left the car. However when police instructed him to put his hands behind his back, he reportedly "became agitated'' and ran.

When the two officers caught up to him, police told the newspaper that Law said "not to touch him because he is a professional athlete."

This likely doesn't bode well for Law after the veteran has called his coach a "liar" and voiced to every media outlet that would listen that he no longer wants to play in New England.
When was this Chop?

Superchop 7
11-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Point is.......he is a cancer.

MOtorboat
11-07-2009, 07:41 PM
When was this Chop?

Five years ago. And it never really has been a problem with the team.

Slick
11-07-2009, 07:42 PM

I am not trying to be a smart ass here. I never heard of this. Link me to the story.

Edit: Thanks Mo. I don't do sarcasm. I thought everyone knew this.

Superchop 7
11-07-2009, 07:48 PM
How the Broncos would even consider Law is beyond me.

Patrick Surtain would have been my choice by a WIDE margin.

honz
11-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Odds are good that he isn't really an up and comer.

Exactly. Williams has been fine, but he has also been burned a couple of times including a couple of TD throws that I can remember. I always liked Jack, but as far as a skills go he is a dime a dozen CB. Obviously the coaching staff wasn't pleased with his performance for whatever reason.

MOtorboat
11-07-2009, 07:51 PM
How the Broncos would even consider Law is beyond me.

Patrick Surtain would have been my choice by a WIDE margin.

lol

Superchop 7
11-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Besides, Surtain wasn’t great by any means last year, but he sure was a hell of a lot better than Law. He’s still got a little to offer. Look how they always attacked Law (both in the run and pass) and seemed to shy away from Surtain.

FROM CHIEFSTALK

getlynched47
11-07-2009, 08:31 PM
So basically is McDaniels saying that Jarvis Moss >>>>>>>>> Jack Williams?

Moss has only been active 1 game, Jack has been active in all the games. I understand that Williams had a bad game vs. Kelly Washington, but so did Alphonso Smith.

In fact, Alphonso Smith was the nickelback at the beginning of the day, but his ass got benched because Washington was eating him up. Jack didn't fair much better.

MOtorboat
11-07-2009, 08:32 PM

There is absolutely, 100 percent no way to say that. None.

We swapped a corner for a corner. Period.

getlynched47
11-07-2009, 08:56 PM
There is absolutely, 100 percent no way to say that. None.

We swapped a corner for a corner. Period.

I see your point.

Well doesn't it mean he thinks Moss is more valuable than Jack Williams? Moss isn't active on gamedays, yet he is safe while Jack Williams isn't.

I dunno, I'm just bummed because we may have all of this veteran presence, but only one corner will benefit from it (Alphonso Smith). Couldn't this be beneficial to any corner?

Unless............DJ Johnson and Tony Carter >>>>>>>>>> Jack Williams, which can be entirely possible.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-07-2009, 09:00 PM
I see your point.

Well doesn't it mean he thinks Moss is more valuable than Jack Williams? Moss isn't active on gamedays, yet he is safe while Jack Williams isn't.

I dunno, I'm just bummed because we may have all of this veteran presence, but only one corner will benefit from it (Alphonso Smith). Couldn't this be beneficial to any corner?

Unless............DJ Johnson and Tony Carter >>>>>>>>>> Jack Williams, which can be entirely possible.

Moss is a DE - if the Broncos picked up a veteran DE, Moss may have been the one to go, but the Broncos picked up a corner - therefore, it makes sense for a corner to go.

broncofanatic1987
11-07-2009, 09:39 PM

Moss has only been active 1 game, Jack has been active in all the games. I understand that Williams had a bad game vs. Kelly Washington, but so did Alphonso Smith.

In fact, Alphonso Smith was the nickelback at the beginning of the day, but his ass got benched because Washington was eating him up. Jack didn't fair much better.

Cutting Moss would have been a bigger hit to the salary cap. Cutting Williams does not mean that McDaniels thinks that Moss is better than Williams.

Williams was the cornerback when the Ravens were getting some of their bigger completions.

I was a little surprised that it wasn't another position that was cut though. I think it's possible that McDaniels didn't want to change the distribution of players so he elected to swap one corner for another.

claymore
11-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Hopefully he clears waivers, and has PS eligibility. I like the kid, but McD obviously knows him far more than i.

broncofanatic1987
11-07-2009, 11:09 PM
Hopefully he clears waivers, and has PS eligibility. I like the kid, but McD obviously knows him far more than i.

He's not eligible for the practice squad. He's played in too many games and I think he was on the active roster all of last season.

Cugel
11-08-2009, 12:27 AM

Jarvis Moss is partly on this team because of the salary cap implications of cutting him. After the season, it's a different story. Next year there IS NO CAP, and whatever players McDaniels feels are dead-wood will go.

Jack Williams doesn't earn much, so it's no problem. If I were Jarvis Moss, I'd be thinking about my next career, because his NFL career is coming to an end.

He's shown exactly ZERO ability since college and he's now been unable to contribute either to a 4-3 or 3-4 defense.

He is shaping up as the 2nd biggest draft bust in Broncos history (#17 plus a 3rd round pick to get him which is 2nd worst all time to LB Mike Croel, #4 pick of the entire 1991 draft and the highest Broncos draft selection in 30 years as well as a total bust).

But he will sit on the bench until season's end.

Cugel
11-08-2009, 12:29 AM
Moss is a DE - if the Broncos picked up a veteran DE, Moss may have been the one to go, but the Broncos picked up a corner - therefore, it makes sense for a corner to go.

Another good point. After all, Moss just sits on the bench most of the time. What harm is he doing? Williams was the nickel back and he sucked at it. The nickel back gets into the game in critical 3rd downs. Moss doesn't because Doom is in the game in those situations.

Tned
11-08-2009, 01:12 AM
Jarvis Moss is partly on this team because of the salary cap implications of cutting him. After the season, it's a different story. Next year there IS NO CAP, and whatever players McDaniels feels are dead-wood will go.

Jack Williams doesn't earn much, so it's no problem. If I were Jarvis Moss, I'd be thinking about my next career, because his NFL career is coming to an end.

He's shown exactly ZERO ability since college and he's now been unable to contribute either to a 4-3 or 3-4 defense.

He is shaping up as the 2nd biggest draft bust in Broncos history (#17 plus a 3rd round pick to get him which is 2nd worst all time to LB Mike Croel, #4 pick of the entire 1991 draft and the highest Broncos draft selection in 30 years as well as a total bust).

I think you are wrong on the cap aspect. I'm pretty sure a mid-season cut would result in the remainder of the signing bonus being counted next year. If it is uncapped, then it wouldn't matter if he was cut next season or this season. If there is a cap next season, it would be somewhere between a $1.0 and $4 million cap hit (hard to know for sure, as his contract was $8 million guaranteed, some of that $8 million was certainly salary and not signing bonus).

The best I can tell, he got a $2.5 million signing bonus, but it is possible some of his other bonus money (roster, etc.) 'might' have also qualified to be prorated and therefore be accelerated next season. Most likely the cap hit is closer to $1 million than $4 million, but in either case, it should be inconsequential if they thought Williams had a future with the team and Moss didn't.

outdoor_miner
11-08-2009, 02:19 AM

I really don't think this was the case (although, I did have to watch the game in the bar, so there's a chance I'm wrong). Washington was beating Williams all day. The only noticeable play that I saw Smith involved in was the hold no-call that Mason freaked out about. Otherwise, it was JMFW that was getting torched (at least with what I saw).

smith49
11-08-2009, 06:45 AM

who on the chiefs was not getting torched? just sayin.

Dean
11-08-2009, 10:07 AM
I have not read the whole thread. Consequently, I am sure this sentiment has probably already been posted. What does this say about our rookie corner?

We invested a first round pick on him and Jack Williams beat him out. Yes, I know that he has got on the field a little. JMFW could not fill the void at nickle so the FO brings in an over the hill vet rather than to get our #1 draft pick on the field half way through his first year.

This doesn't exactly personify confidence in that draft pick. :confused:

Nomad
11-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Maybe that old vet is there to help teach that rookie a few things and that's his purpose! Like someone said before, he's only a band aid and a cheap one at that!!

elsid13
11-08-2009, 11:44 AM

Moss is on the team because he is showing something in practice and is learning a new position. His relatively cheap ($660,000 base salary, plus about total of 3M left on his bonus). McDaniels in press conference has praised has praise his work especial on the scout team for the organization. Remember he is currently stuck behind Doom.

weazel
11-08-2009, 12:36 PM
I am so happy we released a young kid with potential for a 84 year old who lost his speed 4 years ago!!!!

rcsodak
11-08-2009, 11:29 PM

Same could be said for some posters here, but you don't see us kicking them to the curb. ;)

rcsodak
11-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Besides, Surtain wasn’t great by any means last year, but he sure was a hell of a lot better than Law. He’s still got a little to offer. Look how they always attacked Law (both in the run and pass) and seemed to shy away from Surtain.

FROM CHIEFSTALK

Has Surtain ever had 10int's in a season? In the last 4yrs?

rcsodak
11-08-2009, 11:47 PM

Oh poo!

Just because he sucked in the 43 that Denver ITSELF sucked at, doesn't mean he can't be decent elsewhere. Get over yourself. :lol:

Put him on a team with good DT's with a DC that knows what the hell he's doing and who's to say he won't excel!

You can claim he's a bad DE on an even worse 43 Denver D, and even an OLB in a Denver 34 that can't catch on. Past that, though, you're making up your own story with your own dark, constantly dreary ending.

jhildebrand
11-09-2009, 12:08 AM
Put him on a team with good DT's with a DC that knows what the hell he's doing and who's to say he won't excel!

Mike Nolan isn't a DC who knows what he is doing?? :confused:

Could have fooled me! He is the only coordinator whose D averages +34 in take aways. The next closest DC isn't even close.

You can claim he's a bad DE on an even worse 43 Denver D, and even an OLB in a Denver 34 that can't catch on. Past that, though, you're making up your own story with your own dark, constantly dreary ending.

The economics mentioned earlier certainly played into any decision not to cut Moss over Jack Williams.

Furthermore, DL/DE take time to grow. Look no further than Mario Williams. I would be willing to bet Jarvis is here for a while.

MileHighCrew
11-09-2009, 10:27 AM
I don't get why so many on here seem so upset. Sure he is young, that doesn't give him talent. I hated seeing JW on the field, they should have put a target on his chest because teh other teams QB always knew where to find him. Don't get me wrong I don't think this is a move that puts us over the top but JW was not the next Champ or anything. YES I would have been upset if it was Moss, like jhidebrand said it takes time to play DL. And even if he doesn't pan out it is not like JW is going to be a HOF player, he was another Paymah or Foxworth, move on.

Dortoh
11-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Son of a bitch

Thats all I have to say about that.

NightTrainLayne
11-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Nobody's picked him up yet have they?

56crash
11-09-2009, 11:23 AM

Barrett did really well in the 2nd half of the SD game .

Superchop 7
11-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Has Surtain ever had 10int's in a season? In the last 4yrs?

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

I guess you missed the point that teams were staying away from him.

Oh well.

Somebody has to like the guy. (Ty Law)

Might as well be you.:tsk:

Traveler
11-09-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm a little surprised by the move. Again, I'll defer to the coaching staff since they have better insight.

From the outside looking in, JMFW days were probably numbered anyway. He and Alphonso were playing the same position and since we gave up much to acquire Smith, it only makes sense that he would be the one to stay. Smith also has a bigger upside.

Just my two cents....

Dortoh
11-09-2009, 11:54 AM
It a well known fact that you simply dont release Jack MF'ing Williams.

Jack releases you.

Medford Bronco
11-09-2009, 11:57 AM
I know I am going to get fried over this but Ty Law as a nickel corner is better than this guy.

gregbroncs
11-09-2009, 12:02 PM

This is a little different take but maybe this move shows that the coaches think Smith is the future CB for this team and that they just needed a 1 or 2 year rental to let Smith learn the ropes and become the nickel next year and maybe starter in a couple of years. Frankly I'm much more impressed with Smith that with J Williams. This move gives Smith a chance to grow into the nickel CB role and hopefully show he can be a good CB going forward.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-09-2009, 01:13 PM
I had no idea this happened. WTF?

NightTrainLayne
11-09-2009, 01:16 PM
I had no idea this happened. WTF?

Ty Law replaced him basically.

EastCoastBronco
11-09-2009, 01:24 PM
I gave up second guessing McLovin and Nolan's personnel decisions a while ago. After all we have seen this season, there is still a small contingent of people that think that these guys don't have a clue what they are doing and that they are just lucky ********. If we run another 4-5 wins off in a row and then lose 1 it will be the same thing.
Let it go people. With a record of 6-1 they should have bought at least a couple of weeks worth of "benefit of the doubt"...

Medford Bronco
11-09-2009, 01:27 PM
I gave up second guessing McLovin and Nolan's personnel decisions a while ago. After all we have seen this season, there is still a small contingent of people that think that these guys don't have a clue what they are doing and that they are just lucky ********. If we run another 4-5 wins off in a row and then lose 1 it will be the same thing.
Let it go people. With a record of 6-1 they should have bought at least a couple of weeks worth of "benefit of the doubt"...

When I hear Jack Williams I think of this newcaster in Boston:laugh:

http://www.fybush.com/NERW/030428/williams.jpg

outdoor_miner
11-09-2009, 01:28 PM
I don't get why so many on here seem so upset. Sure he is young, that doesn't give him talent.

Exactly! People act like he was talented just because he was a young player. We have 2 cb's on the practice squad... Perhaps one of them has shown the coaches that he has just as much potential as Williams to become a solid contributor in a year or two. If that's the case, the Broncos can cut Williams and bring in a vet who they think can help the team get a little better this year.

Dortoh
11-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Exactly! People act like he was talented just because he was a young player. We have 2 cb's on the practice squad... Perhaps one of them has shown the coaches that he has just as much potential as Williams to become a solid contributor in a year or two. If that's the case, the Broncos can cut Williams and bring in a vet who they think can help the team get a little better this year.

I just liked the way his name sounded on Sunday afternoons when he made a play.

"Jake Mother ******* Williams"

Its just not the same with say "Ryan Mother ******* bean"

outdoor_miner
11-09-2009, 02:20 PM
I just liked the way his name sounded on Sunday afternoons when he made a play.

"Jake Mother ******* Williams"

Its just not the same with say "Ryan Mother ******* bean"

I will not argue with you on this one... He had the perfect mother ******* name!

claymore
11-09-2009, 02:25 PM

Ive stopped vocally berating him. He has had some damn lucky wins though.

Our offense needs some gas.

nevcraw
11-09-2009, 03:45 PM
When I hear Jack Williams I think of this newcaster in Boston:laugh:

http://www.fybush.com/NERW/030428/williams.jpg

I remember him on WBZ, i think. wasn't he teamed up Bob Lobel and Liz walker?

Buff
11-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Lions claimed JMFW.

http://centerofsports.com/?p=9950

Dortoh
11-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Lions claimed JMFW.

Poor guy never had a chance. :tsk:

Buff
11-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Well, he did go to school in Kansas if I recall correctly...

I mean, Kansas?

MOtorboat
11-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Well, he did go to school in Kansas if I recall correctly...

I mean, Kansas?

:confused:

Jack Williams? Dude's from Kent State.

Buff
11-09-2009, 05:44 PM
Damn. Way off.

EastCoastBronco
11-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Lions claimed JMFW.

They need him more than we do...

silkamilkamonico
11-09-2009, 06:24 PM
He was a liability for us. He's not a very good cover coverner and he's too small to be a safety.

Next.

arapaho2
11-09-2009, 06:28 PM
to me its a simple thing...law as the nickle is better then jmfw as the nickle...period...we win now, we can add another late round, small cb anytime we want later

Shutdown
11-09-2009, 06:29 PM
JMFW is now a Detroit Lion... Poor guy.

Four teams put in waivers to claim him. -- Cleveland, Detroit, Indianapolis and Philadelphia. Detroit got him.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter