PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty 4

Scarface
01-08-2008, 12:21 AM
Anyone playing this game? I just picked it up yesterday and it's insane!

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2007/309/reviews/939213_20071106_screen006.jpg

Tned
01-08-2008, 12:35 AM
I was playing for a while on the 360, but got side tracked and haven't played in weeks. I will probably get back into it pretty soon.

ChampWJ
01-08-2008, 12:44 AM
No contest the best game I've ever played. Ridiculously hard, great graphics, perfect multiplayer. I can't find one thing I would add to the game other than a co-op campaign.

Mike
01-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Great game. Haven't gotten to play it since before Christmas though. :tsk:

underrated29
01-08-2008, 02:20 PM
i like the game alot. I have beaten it twice now. I still have the hardest diffuculty to go.

I think though, that the game is too short. There are only like 15 levels. Still though, awesome!! and the graphics are so sick.

Also on a side note. The last part about the chernoble mission where you have to hold down the ferris wheel area until the chopper comes is soooo freakin tough. On the second to hardest i have had to go the cheap route and go into that little metal stand thing to the right of the ferris wheel and go prone. There no one can shoot you or blow you up. So i just wait until the chopper arrives. And its still tough even when its there. I still have to get better.

I am not looking forward to playing it on hardest.

Mike
01-08-2008, 03:48 PM
i like the game alot. I have beaten it twice now. I still have the hardest diffuculty to go.

I think though, that the game is too short. There are only like 15 levels. Still though, awesome!! and the graphics are so sick.

Also on a side note. The last part about the chernoble mission where you have to hold down the ferris wheel area until the chopper comes is soooo freakin tough. On the second to hardest i have had to go the cheap route and go into that little metal stand thing to the right of the ferris wheel and go prone. There no one can shoot you or blow you up. So i just wait until the chopper arrives. And its still tough even when its there. I still have to get better.

I am not looking forward to playing it on hardest.

Man, all the fun is in multiplayer. Your missing out if you play the missions.

jhns
01-10-2008, 10:52 PM
It is a really good game. Well put together. I like both single and multi player. I haven't played it in a couple weeks since I got Crysis and Unreal Tournament 3. Those games aren't nearly as good though and once they are done I'm sure I will be back to it.

OB
01-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Isnt it only for PS3 (if you are a PS person)?

I know someone who LOVES that game but we looked everywhere for it but it only game in PS3 format and the clerk said PS3 games most likely wont play on PS2 due to the graphics etc...

Hence FORCING us to buy the PS3 :coffee:

Just make it less than 300 so i can afford to convince myself i can afford to buy this thing

OB
01-10-2008, 10:57 PM
PS you are all :nerd: :lol:

Watchthemiddle
01-10-2008, 11:22 PM
Isnt it only for PS3 (if you are a PS person)?

I know someone who LOVES that game but we looked everywhere for it but it only game in PS3 format and the clerk said PS3 games most likely wont play on PS2 due to the graphics etc...

Hence FORCING us to buy the PS3 :coffee:

Just make it less than 300 so i can afford to convince myself i can afford to buy this thing

I could of sworn I saw it the other day for PS2.

I could be wrong also. I wasnt' looking that hard.

OB
01-10-2008, 11:23 PM
I could of sworn I saw it the other day for PS2.

I could be wrong also. I wasnt' looking that hard.

This is of utmost importance WTM - you must tell me if this is fact

Watchthemiddle
01-10-2008, 11:26 PM
This is of utmost importance WTM - you must tell me if this is fact

I cannot confirm or deny that that is what I saw.

OB
01-10-2008, 11:29 PM
I cannot confirm or deny that that is what I saw.

So your response does me what :coffee:

WTM i expect more out of you :D

Watchthemiddle
01-10-2008, 11:38 PM
So your response does me what :coffee:

WTM i expect more out of you :D

I think I might have gotten your hopes up for nothing 420. I just searched the world wide web and it looks like its not out for the PS2 yet. Is that the unit you need it for?

Please, be easy on me....:peep:

OB
01-10-2008, 11:58 PM
I think I might have gotten your hopes up for nothing 420. I just searched the world wide web and it looks like its not out for the PS2 yet. Is that the unit you need it for?

Please, be easy on me....:peep:

Sorry cant do that :whip:

As your punishment you mus let me know if or when it comes out for PS2 - so I expect you to google daily :D

Watchthemiddle
01-11-2008, 12:07 AM
Sorry cant do that :whip:

As your punishment you mus let me know if or when it comes out for PS2 - so I expect you to google daily :D

I will do even better then that...I will camp out at Game Stop....:laugh:

OB
01-11-2008, 12:10 AM
I will do even better then that...I will camp out at Game Stop....:laugh:

Works for me ;)

Scarface
01-12-2008, 12:04 PM
It wouldn't be the same on PS2. On PS3 or 360 it looks real. Sometimes it's crazy how real it looks.

Bozo Jr.
01-17-2008, 03:09 PM
One of the best campaigns I've ever played! The graphics are sick, the multiplayer is fun, and the weapons are cool too!

The level "Death from Above", and the sniper level "Ghillies in the Mist", where you have to crawl through fields and through enemy lines were intense.

A must play for all serious gamers.

Buff
01-17-2008, 08:11 PM
This game could be the downfall of my relationship-- My girlfriend hates it...

Well, she hates the fact that I play so damn much-- but how can I not??

This game is friggin sick. Plus, my 2 best friends who both live in different cities both have this game, so we play online team tactical (3 vs. 3) alot... Online multiplayer is awesome, I'm on the 3rd prestige level at the moment.

This is the first game I can remember that made me stop playing Madden during football season... And it tops Resistance: Fall of Man which was also a sick game.

Cleveland Rocks
01-18-2008, 12:52 AM
I am not particularly interested in this game.

I loved COD2 though.

Scarface
01-19-2008, 08:50 AM
This game could be the downfall of my relationship-- My girlfriend hates it...

Well, she hates the fact that I play so damn much-- but how can I not??

This game is friggin sick. Plus, my 2 best friends who both live in different cities both have this game, so we play online team tactical (3 vs. 3) alot... Online multiplayer is awesome, I'm on the 3rd prestige level at the moment.

This is the first game I can remember that made me stop playing Madden during football season... And it tops Resistance: Fall of Man which was also a sick game.

LOL! The game is so sick my wife will actually sit and watch me play it. Seriously, in high-def with surround sound on it's better than watching a movie!

I'm glad you brought up Resistance. I'm really thinking about picking that up next. Good to hear it's a good game.

jrelway
01-23-2008, 02:27 PM
this game is a work of art. as was gears of war. hope the sequels beast out.

Broncospsycho77
02-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Just bought this a couple of days ago. I've been hitting the campaign pretty hard today after playing some multiplayer on XBox Live.

Best shooting game I've ever played. I'll never play Halo again. Now I'm sidetracked and won't play Mass Effect for too long too (barely started that one too).

Timmy!
02-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Great friggin game.

Tned
02-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Ok, I am finally starting up my 360 for the first time in 6 weeks or so, and am going to work on finishing my COD4 campaign.

ChampWJ
02-04-2008, 03:29 AM
Ok, I am finally starting up my 360 for the first time in 6 weeks or so, and am going to work on finishing my COD4 campaign.

Good luck! I can't get past that ferris wheel/bumper car area on veteran.

Tned
02-04-2008, 07:27 AM

I've got one spot (still pretty early on I think) that I got stuck at before, tried a half dozen times yesterday and gave up. I'm going to have to go back in in the next day or so when I am more patient. There is an overhead gunship where you have to get through an area with minimal coverage and then an opening.

Broncospsycho77
02-04-2008, 03:03 PM

I'm at that part now on the difficulty below. Can't beat it, no way no how.

Buff
02-04-2008, 04:14 PM
It just came out today that Activision/Infinity Ward is going to release new online maps for PS3/XBox 360... No timetables, prices or details yet... But that's good news-- I'm getting sick of Countdown and Overgrown.

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=49416&mode=thread&order=0

Slick
02-04-2008, 05:04 PM
It just came out today that Activision/Infinity Ward is going to release new online maps for PS3/XBox 360... No timetables, prices or details yet... But that's good news-- I'm getting sick of Countdown and Overgrown.

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=49416&mode=thread&order=0

Glad to hear that. I like the Search and Destroy mode the best(never been a fan of respawn gametypes), but found myself getting tired of the maps.

GRAW2 came out with new maps earlier in the week, I haven't played COD in a while.

This game brings out the worst in people online though, I don't mind trash talking once in a while, but some people really show their asses.

Post an update when you hear about the maps, I'll gladly pay M$ points if I have to, it's a great game.

Stargazer
03-01-2008, 03:52 AM
COD4 patch is out via Xbox Live. Go get it if you haven't already.

Buff
03-01-2008, 01:13 PM
I want my damn PS3 COD4 maps... Pretty soon the new Grand Theft Auto will be out and I will have forgotten that COD ever existed.

Broncospsycho77
03-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Finally beat the campaign a couple of weeks ago. I had been playing campaign on and off while playing multiplayer. The final level, where you kill the final dude, was one of my favorite moments of gaming ever. Just an all-around fun final mission.

Reidman
04-07-2008, 12:03 PM
Not sure if this was posted anywhere else but I thought it was pretty cool!

COD 4 gun mix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-4IFUak_U0)

Tned
04-07-2008, 01:09 PM
I haven't played in a while. Since I am taking a day off, I might start it back up. I am only a few missions into the second act and am playing on the second from highest difficulty on my first pass through.

Reidman
04-07-2008, 05:19 PM
I haven't played in a while. Since I am taking a day off, I might start it back up. I am only a few missions into the second act and am playing on the second from highest difficulty on my first pass through.

This game is due up next for me from gamefly...

Can't wait..

In the meantime I've been playing the first installment and that is a kickass game..

broncosfanscott
04-09-2008, 12:39 AM
Not sure if this was posted anywhere else but I thought it was pretty cool!

COD 4 gun mix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-4IFUak_U0)

That is sick. I was hoping to see some grenade explosions.

Reidman
05-19-2008, 08:54 PM
Not sure if it was the server or what but every time you sent me an invite AB, I got "unable to connect with host". I was able to join up with clay's party just fine though, weird...it was pissin me off, I was trying to get everybody hooked up so we could be on a team...

Arkansas Bronco
05-19-2008, 09:14 PM
Not sure if it was the server or what but every time you sent me an invite AB, I got "unable to connect with host". I was able to join up with clay's party just fine though, weird...it was pissin me off, I was trying to get everybody hooked up so we could be on a team...

You may have got it while I was in game. Once you start going no one can really join up you have to set up when no one is in game.. I ran one with claymore but got server disconnect in the middle of it he was doing pretty well he was up ahead on the Kill/Death ratio.

Tned
05-19-2008, 10:07 PM
Ok, I hate getting hints or secrets to get through a level, but how the heck to you get past the end of the sniper mission (near the ferris wheel), where you have 30 second to drop clays and then find a sniper position. THen, you get overrun with dogs and people.

Arkansas Bronco
05-19-2008, 10:09 PM
Ok, I hate getting hints or secrets to get through a level, but how the heck to you get past the end of the sniper mission (near the ferris wheel), where you have 30 second to drop clays and then find a sniper position. THen, you get overrun with dogs and people.

Ive never completed even the easy lv I played single player for like 20-30 minutes and been online since.

Tned
05-19-2008, 10:13 PM
Ive never completed even the easy lv I played single player for like 20-30 minutes and been online since.

That's what I normally do with games, but I had decided I was going to finish one single player, but then got stuck.

shank
05-19-2008, 11:09 PM
call me crazy but i'm not a big online gamer... at least not head to head stuff, mmorpgs and stuff are fine...

just rarely seems to be a good experience, as most are just looking to win and will exploit glitches and stuff to win.

single player/co-op for me 95% of the time.

broncosfanscott
05-20-2008, 01:30 AM

I totally hear ya. The ending of that mission just pisses me off so I pretty much stopped trying for awhile.......still stuck on it. Since that was frustrating I just stuck with playing online. Sometime I will try to get passed that part......just not now.

Tned
05-20-2008, 06:35 AM
I totally hear ya. The ending of that mission just pisses me off so I pretty much stopped trying for awhile.......still stuck on it. Since that was frustrating I just stuck with playing online. Sometime I will try to get passed that part......just not now.

That's what happened to me. :mad:

My wife bought me Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for my birthday last month (it is usually a crapshoot when she randomly buys me a game, but I have read good things about Vegas 2).

So, here soon, I will probably either starrt playing Rainbow Six or go online with COD4.

claymore
05-20-2008, 06:40 AM

You may have got it while I was in game. Once you start going no one can really join up you have to set up when no one is in game.. I ran one with claymore but got server disconnect in the middle of it he was doing pretty well he was up ahead on the Kill/Death ratio.

This is what happened to me...... I would get in the game........ It would go to loading settings..... Adding users........ Then timeout........

Tned
05-20-2008, 06:42 AM
This is what happened to me...... I would get in the game........ It would go to loading settings..... Adding users........ Then timeout........

:lol: Shoulda got a 360! ;)

claymore
05-20-2008, 06:51 AM
:lol: Shoulda got a 360! ;)LOL, to be honest the 60 daollar XBOX live payment and the the Sony Brand name that won me over. Plus i wanted backwards compatiblity with my playstation games. (Which didnt work out because I bought the 40 Gig model, and they dont tell you that on the box. :laugh:)

Tned
05-20-2008, 07:02 AM
LOL, to be honest the 60 daollar XBOX live payment and the the Sony Brand name that won me over. Plus i wanted backwards compatiblity with my playstation games. (Which didnt work out because I bought the 40 Gig model, and they dont tell you that on the box. :laugh:)

:lol: the fine print, or no print, always screws you... ;)

Arkansas Bronco
06-03-2008, 10:16 AM
Claymore - So how you like it? Ive seen ya on several times but most times it is when my normal group is on.

claymore
06-03-2008, 10:32 AM
Claymore - So how you like it? Ive seen ya on several times but most times it is when my normal group is on.

I love it dude, probably too much. I hit 2 star last night. The crappy thing is I never finished any of the challenges..... So I have to walk around with the M-16 not retical etc......

Hey can you explain the Clan thing to me?

Buff
06-03-2008, 12:48 PM
I love it dude, probably too much. I hit 2 star last night. The crappy thing is I never finished any of the challenges..... So I have to walk around with the M-16 not retical etc......

Hey can you explain the Clan thing to me?

COD clans are weird in the sense that there is no inviting or joining-- You just go type in your clan tag... So technically you could join anyone's clan at any time, you just change your tag.

When you say you never finished any of the challenges, do you mean you leveled up prestige wise? If you didn't, all of your challenges should still be there.

claymore
06-03-2008, 12:50 PM
COD clans are weird in the sense that there is no inviting or joining-- You just go type in your clan tag... So technically you could join anyone's clan at any time, you just change your tag.

When you say you never finished any of the challenges, do you mean you leveled up prestige wise? If you didn't, all of your challenges should still be there.
I havent gotten to prestige yet. Hit level 46 last night. But I just started going thru with the M-16, and skorpion etc. to complete the challenges. It gives so many more points faster...... But Oh well

Whats your favorite class config?

Reidman
06-03-2008, 12:59 PM
I played with a couple punks last night who had [GODZ] for their clan tag. They were talking so much smack it was almost unbearable but I was committed to the game. Thing is, I think they were running cheats because they were super fast when running, and shooting off grenades like candy...hmmm...

I finally got overkill, that is one of the best perks in the game IMO...

On a side note, I might be willing to pay for service if the servers were faster and more consistent. Gets to be frustrating when I get kicked or can't load a game...

Buff
06-03-2008, 01:04 PM
I havent gotten to prestige yet. Hit level 46 last night. But I just started going thru with the M-16, and skorpion etc. to complete the challenges. It gives so many more points faster...... But Oh well

Whats your favorite class config?

Depends--

Most of the time I go with--

MP5
Whatever that first pistol they give you is (no silencer)
Smoke Grenade

And for my perks I do

3x Grenades
Stopping Power
Martyrdom

Sometimes for search & destroy I'll change my 3x grenades to Claymores... And on the bigger maps I use my M16 or G36C instead of my MP5. But I pretty much always use stopping power & martyrdom as perks 2 & 3.

Buff
06-03-2008, 01:17 PM
What about you guys? What's your fav class setup?

claymore
06-03-2008, 01:19 PM
I played with a couple punks last night who had [GODZ] for their clan tag. They were talking so much smack it was almost unbearable but I was committed to the game. Thing is, I think they were running cheats because they were super fast when running, and shooting off grenades like candy...hmmm...

I finally got overkill, that is one of the best perks in the game IMO...

On a side note, I might be willing to pay for service if the servers were faster and more consistent. Gets to be frustrating when I get kicked or can't load a game...
I get killed by dudes throwing grenades from all the way across the map board...... Man that is the one thing that pisses me off.

Depends--

Most of the time I go with--

MP5
Whatever that first pistol they give you is (no silencer)
Smoke Grenade

And for my perks I do

3x Grenades
Stopping Power
Martyrdom

Sometimes for search & destroy I'll change my 3x grenades to Claymores... And on the bigger maps I use my M16 or G36C instead of my MP5. But I pretty much always use stopping power & martyrdom as perks 2 & 3.

How is search and destroy? I always play Domination. I like the G36C allot.....

I hate the ACOG to...... I wish it just had the red dot in there.

claymore
06-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Im still looking for my Niche..... Last night

Sniper Rifle
M-4 with red dot reticle
Overkill
3 x grenades
Martrydrom

I suck at Grenades, and snipoer though. Trying to get better, so for now, I really like claymores. I kill alot of peeps with that.

Buff
06-03-2008, 01:25 PM
I get killed by dudes throwing grenades from all the way across the map board...... Man that is the one thing that pisses me off.

How is search and destroy? I always play Domination. I like the G36C allot.....

I hate the ACOG to...... I wish it just had the red dot in there.

I think I like Search & Destroy the best because it's the most tactical... Once you're dead you don't respawn until the next round-- It's a best of 7 rounds vs. the other team.

And I like team tactical the best because you play 3 vs. 3 and you just cycle between all of the games and all of the maps... You don't pick 1 game and stick to it... That way I don't get burnt out on sabotage or headquarters...

claymore
06-03-2008, 01:34 PM
I think I like Search & Destroy the best because it's the most tactical... Once you're dead you don't respawn until the next round-- It's a best of 7 rounds vs. the other team.

And I like team tactical the best because you play 3 vs. 3 and you just cycle between all of the games and all of the maps... You don't pick 1 game and stick to it... That way I don't get burnt out on sabotage or headquarters...I need to do more research on line as to key choke points, and maps and stuff. Im commited to this thing...... :D

Arkansas Bronco
06-03-2008, 02:56 PM
RPD with a Grip or Red-Dot
Any Pistol
Stun Grenade
Perk 1 - none if using the grip but the rocket launcher if using the Red-Dot
Perk 2 - Stopping Power
Perk 3 - Martyrdom

M4 with Red-Dot
any Pistol
Stun Nade
Perk 1 - Claymore
Perk 2 - Stopping Power
Perk 3 - Martyrdom

AK with Red-Dot
Dragunov
Smoke Nades
Perk 1 - Claymore
Perk 2 - Overkill
Perk 3 - Iron Lungs

Reidman
06-04-2008, 03:38 AM

Right now I'm partial to:

M16 w/ red dot as primary
G3 w red dot as secondary or Druganov sniper rifle
perk 1: RPG for Heli's
Perk 2: overkill
Perk 3: Martyrdom or deep impact (depends on Map)

I forget about certain guns and when I try em out again they work great. That's why I reverted back to the M16, that and the challenges net a lot more points so I'm trying to complete those.

claymore
06-04-2008, 07:21 AM
Right now I'm partial to:

M16 w/ red dot as primary
G3 w red dot as secondary or Druganov sniper rifle
perk 1: RPG for Heli's
Perk 2: overkill
Perk 3: Martyrdom or deep impact (depends on Map)

I forget about certain guns and when I try em out again they work great. That's why I reverted back to the M16, that and the challenges net a lot more points so I'm trying to complete those.
Same here. Although I tried the RPD last night and I really liked it. For a LMG, it doesnt move around like the 60 or the saw, so you dont have to waste using the grip. But once I complete the challenges on this I have to go back to the M-16.

claymore
06-06-2008, 07:36 AM
I created a Clan on COD4. It is TD30. I dont know if any of you guys are in one already. But thought it would be nice if the server's automatically try to match us to games Vs the inconsistant "Invite" Feature.

I was playing domination last night, and saw the other team had 4 within the same clan, and they destroyed us.

Hoshdude7
06-06-2008, 08:19 AM
If any of you want your ass handed to you. Message officer grunt. I have bros that play so make sure to put in the message "to josh from a bronco fan" or something like that so I know. I have to make room on friends list so I will send a friend request.

Reidman
06-08-2008, 08:29 AM
So I was playing when I got home last night and noticed my kills were worth twice as many points as before...weird and then i noticed the message of the day says double XP this weekend only!

So get on there and play and level up twice as fast!

claymore
06-08-2008, 08:34 AM
So I was playing when I got home last night and noticed my kills were worth twice as many points as before...weird and then i noticed the message of the day says double XP this weekend only!

So get on there and play and level up twice as fast!I saw you on there this morning Reid.

Whats your clan tag? If you dont have one use td30 ...... at least the servers will try and match us up automatically. BTW there are some kids that need there asses beat. Such potty mouths geez.

Reidman
06-08-2008, 03:28 PM
I saw you on there this morning Reid.

Whats your clan tag? If you dont have one use td30 ...... at least the servers will try and match us up automatically. BTW there are some kids that need there asses beat. Such potty mouths geez.

Is that how it works..?? So instead of getting invited to a game it will automatically try to put us in the same game? I just put my name in for the tag but I can use that one... so is it TD or td because it needs to be exact...

claymore
06-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Is that how it works..?? So instead of getting invited to a game it will automatically try to put us in the same game? I just put my name in for the tag but I can use that one... so is it TD or td because it needs to be exact...I did td30 lower case. Im assuming thats how it works, but I could be wrong. I kept seeing the same tags today no matter what room I would go in. The invite thing is just to sporadic for me. If I get up to smoke, it takes an hour to reconnect to you guys.

claymore
06-09-2008, 06:52 AM
I prestiged yesterday. Man it sucks starting over again. BTW, I think Boss likes the game, he was climbing up the ladder yesterday!

Arkansas Bronco
06-09-2008, 06:58 AM
Same tags dont help. The reason you see groups with em is because they party up before they start playing.

claymore
06-09-2008, 07:00 AM
Same tags dont help. The reason you see groups with em is because they party up before they start playing.

What do tags really do then, anything?

BOSSHOGG30
06-09-2008, 10:05 AM
I prestiged yesterday. Man it sucks starting over again. BTW, I think Boss likes the game, he was climbing up the ladder yesterday!

It was fun.. I bet I spent 5 or 6 hours on that game this weekend. Gets addictive. Especially when you get those cocky players who talk trash the entire game. Gives you motivation to keep going and blow those suckers away. I think I got up to level 20.

I like the sniper rifle the most...I'm not very good with anything else. I really hate those damn helicopters....also it would be cool to play with a team because if you actually had someone to scout with the sniper you could really do a lot of damage. The one down fall is if you sniper on your own someone is bound to sneak up behind you and get you. If someone teamed up with you, you could be almost unstoppable.

Reidman
06-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Guess tags are just to show you belong to a group when you're all playing in the same game, that's it...kind of pointless really...

Also, I've noticed that since I've hit level 41 and beyond, my kill ratio has gone way up. Not sure if I'm getting better or I'm playing people who aren't that good but lately I've taken lead in TD games many times which never happened before. Also could be due to the 3x frag grenades I carry now, that rocks!

Hopefully I'll prestige by next weekend. The double XP helped a lot and it's still going on...

Should be getting GTA4 today or tomorrow so not sure how much COD I'll be playing this week...

On a side note: Don't you love it when you fill a guy full of lead, he doesn't die but shoots you once and your dead...:mad:

Arkansas Bronco
06-10-2008, 09:18 AM
Guess tags are just to show you belong to a group when you're all playing in the same game, that's it...kind of pointless really...

Also, I've noticed that since I've hit level 41 and beyond, my kill ratio has gone way up. Not sure if I'm getting better or I'm playing people who aren't that good but lately I've taken lead in TD games many times which never happened before. Also could be due to the 3x frag grenades I carry now, that rocks!

Hopefully I'll prestige by next weekend. The double XP helped a lot and it's still going on...

Should be getting GTA4 today or tomorrow so not sure how much COD I'll be playing this week...

On a side note: Don't you love it when you fill a guy full of lead, he doesn't die but shoots you once and your dead...:mad:

Pretty much right on on the tag thing, they just show you as a member of a clan nothing more. Hell allot of tags are just kids putting curse words on. On the kill/death ratio after 41, it just because you are getting better. It takes a bit to get the feel of the game.

BOSSHOGG30
06-10-2008, 09:32 AM
I hate this one kid that comes on there and starts singing that 100 bottles of beer on the wall song the entire battle. He is the most annoying player ever. I bet his is only 14 years old. Have any of you played against him yet?

Arkansas Bronco
06-10-2008, 09:34 AM
I hate this one kid that comes on there and starts singing that 100 bottles of beer on the wall song the entire battle. He is the most annoying player ever. I bet his is only 14 years old. Have any of you played against him yet?

No but you can mute players just go to the screen that shows the scores and highlight his name then click on it.

BOSSHOGG30
06-10-2008, 09:36 AM
No but you can mute players just go to the screen that shows the scores and highlight his name then click on it.

Best advice I've had yet... THANKS!

claymore
06-10-2008, 09:49 AM
Unless I know people Im playing with are going to be online, I unplug the headset, and have all voice audio going to that.

Boss, you think thats bad, we had one kid...... His voice hasnt even changed yet, and all game long he called this guy the N word....... Nothing else but N, N, N etc........

claymore
06-10-2008, 09:52 AM
It was fun.. I bet I spent 5 or 6 hours on that game this weekend. Gets addictive. Especially when you get those cocky players who talk trash the entire game. Gives you motivation to keep going and blow those suckers away. I think I got up to level 20.

I like the sniper rifle the most...I'm not very good with anything else. I really hate those damn helicopters....also it would be cool to play with a team because if you actually had someone to scout with the sniper you could really do a lot of damage. The one down fall is if you sniper on your own someone is bound to sneak up behind you and get you. If someone teamed up with you, you could be almost unstoppable.I have only played with one team that used the Mic to coordinate, and we kicked ass., We were unstobbable just cause we knew what flag had people on it and which one didnt.

Your Sniper theroy would work great for Creek. Also did you down load the map pack Boss. It should have came free with your game. Ten more maps. It doesnt take long, I did it all in one smoke break.

Arkansas Bronco
06-10-2008, 09:53 AM
Yea Ive muted everyone a few games just to finish it out. If you are playing with friends or other skilled players that actually use the mic for real information its great but if not I leave my mic off or just take it off my ear and lay it down.

claymore
06-10-2008, 09:56 AM
Yea Ive muted everyone a few games just to finish it out. If you are playing with friends or other skilled players that actually use the mic for real information its great but if not I leave my mic off or just take it off my ear and lay it down.Yeah. It drives me nuts listening to the mouths of those Brats. Its summer vacation too, so it will be worse.

We need to get scheduled meeting times or something. I want to do some coordination going on with some of these maps.

Arkansas Bronco
06-10-2008, 09:56 AM
I have only played with one team that used the Mic to coordinate, and we kicked ass., We were unstobbable just cause we knew what flag had people on it and which one didnt.

Your Sniper theroy would work great for Creek. Also did you down load the map pack Boss. It should have came free with your game. Ten more maps. It doesnt take long, I did it all in one smoke break.

Yea the clan I play with uses the mics great. From flags to Uav's, to got snuck up on and knifed we tell each other pretty in depth. Most games go our way when we all team up but some times you walk across a group of very good players that will give it to ya.

claymore
06-10-2008, 10:00 AM
Yea the clan I play with uses the mics great. From flags to Uav's, to got snuck up on and knifed we tell each other pretty in depth. Most games go our way when we all team up but some times you walk across a group of very good players that will give it to ya.

Oh so your cheating on us with this "other clan". :D

BOSSHOGG30
06-10-2008, 10:05 AM
I have only played with one team that used the Mic to coordinate, and we kicked ass., We were unstobbable just cause we knew what flag had people on it and which one didnt.

I'm not sure if I downloaded those maps or not... I had to download something before I could play the game. Actually I just rented the game... I wanted to make sure I liked it before I bought it.... I changed my mind about buying it, but now regret it... I should own that game by now. :mad:

claymore
06-10-2008, 10:06 AM
I'm not sure if I downloaded those maps or not... I had to download something before I could play the game. Actually I just rented the game... I wanted to make sure I liked it before I bought it.... I changed my mind about buying it, but now regret it... I should own that game by now. :mad:
Oh man....... Are you gonna buy it or what?

BOSSHOGG30
06-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Oh man....... Are you gonna buy it or what?

yes... very soon. I have to go down to the game store anyways and reserve Madden.

Arkansas Bronco
06-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Oh so your cheating on us with this "other clan". :D

Yea Ive been there for several months. I started playing with I4JELWAY7 and played with his friends several times then eventually put there clan tag on. Good group of guys. On the meet up time, it sounds great but I am going out of town on vacation so it would have to be in the next 2 nights or next week.

BOSSHOGG30
06-10-2008, 12:06 PM
All I know is that team td30 is going to be an elite force and will bring hell to anyone that contest them.

claymore
06-10-2008, 12:21 PM
All I know is that team td30 is going to be an elite force and will bring hell to anyone that contest them.Hell yeah...... Thats the attitude to have. I have some friends here at work..... If we cant get enough people to join our highly elite force of commandos..... Then they could chime in. I just wont tell them what the td30 stands for. :D

NightTrainLayne
06-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Any room left on td30 team for some loser who keeps on saying he'll log on and play and then never follows through?

claymore
06-10-2008, 12:44 PM
Any room left on td30 team for some loser who keeps on saying he'll log on and play and then never follows through?

Hell yeah..... As far as I know Im the only one rocking it now. :laugh:

BOSSHOGG30
06-10-2008, 12:51 PM
Hell yeah..... As far as I know Im the only one rocking it now. :laugh:

I added it to my name after you logged off.... you sure didn't play long.

claymore
06-10-2008, 01:07 PM
I added it to my name after you logged off.... you sure didn't play long.Im playin tonight........ Do you still got the game?

I did, but, got up for a smoke, let my son play, and he exited out, as he is supposed to do normaly when he is done playing.

My favorite time to play is early Sat and Sundays before the fam wakes up.

So we have 2 rocking the clan. By the time COD5 comes out we will be pretty good. :laugh:

BOSSHOGG30
06-10-2008, 01:26 PM
Im playin tonight........ Do you still got the game?

I did, but, got up for a smoke, let my son play, and he exited out, as he is supposed to do normaly when he is done playing.

My favorite time to play is early Sat and Sundays before the fam wakes up.

So we have 2 rocking the clan. By the time COD5 comes out we will be pretty good. :laugh:

I don't have the game right now... I will stop and get it today or maybe this weekend.

BOSSHOGG30
06-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Clay, how long did it take for you to become a 55 rank?

claymore
06-10-2008, 01:39 PM
I don't have the game right now... I will stop and get it today or maybe this weekend.Get it tonight. :D we need to practice. Also get the headset ($20) if you can swing it.

Clay, how long did it take for you to become a 55 rank?I think 51 hours of play....... :confused: But I did it wrong. If I was you complete the challenges on the weapons that you have before you get excited and move to your new weapons. You get mad points from the challenges.

I Prestiged on like sunday night:confused: and Im already up to 18 again. In far less time.

BOSSHOGG30
06-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Get it tonight. :D we need to practice. Also get the headset ($20) if you can swing it.

I think 51 hours of play....... :confused: But I did it wrong. If I was you complete the challenges on the weapons that you have before you get excited and move to your new weapons. You get mad points from the challenges.

I Prestiged on like sunday night:confused: and Im already up to 18 again. In far less time.

How many sniper rifles do they have? So far I have two that I can pick from.

claymore
06-10-2008, 01:52 PM
How many sniper rifles do they have? So far I have two that I can pick from.5 I think. The Barret is the creme of the crop...... And eventualy you get the Iron Lungs perk, where if you are looking thru the scope and hold down L3, you take a deep breath, and it steadys the scope for quite awhile.

Also "Over Kill" perk lets you carry 2 rifles, so your primary can be a sniper, and second can be an assualt. This is handy for going from hide site to hide site. and you keep the guily suit.

BOSSHOGG30
06-10-2008, 02:22 PM
I'll stop and get the game and head piece tonight... hopefully they have both.

BOSSHOGG30
06-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Will any blue tooth head set work? I do have one for my cell phone. I don't remember the brand off the top of my head but it has blue tooth technology... this should work correct?

Arkansas Bronco
06-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Will any blue tooth head set work? I do have one for my cell phone. I don't remember the brand off the top of my head but it has blue tooth technology... this should work correct?

I dont know but id try it before I went out and bought one.

Reidman
06-11-2008, 12:58 AM

Here's how to find out:

Turn on your Playstation 3, and from the main menu go to Settings - Accessory Settings - Register Bluetooth Device

You will be presented with two options:

Register BD Remote Control
Register Headset/Microphone/Headphones

Select Register Headset... and put your Bluetooth headset into pairing mode. (This can vary from headset to headset, consult your headset's user manual for directions on pairing) On your PS3 select Start Scanning

Select your device and enter your pairing code. In most cases for audio devices the default pairing code is "0000"

Now on your PS3, go to Audio Device Settings and change your "Input Device" and "Output Device" to your Bluetooth headset name. Try speaking and the level meter should move...

Also did you down load the map pack Boss. It should have came free with your game. Ten more maps

Uhh..confusion. I only got 4 maps with my map pack...???

BOSSHOGG30
06-11-2008, 07:59 AM
Claymore saved my life twice in COD4... Clay is a bad ass in the game... Not only did he take out two guys trying to sneak up on me from behind when I was was sniping people he came up behind them and took them out with his swiss army knife. I think I even saw him spit on one like the Outlaw Josey Whales. It was great... Lesson learned... don't piss off Claymore.

claymore
06-11-2008, 08:04 AM
Uhh..confusion. I only got 4 maps with my map pack...???Im a simple man........ It probably is 4 maps, but I got it confused with the 10 bucks......

Claymore saved my life twice in COD4... Clay is a bad ass in the game... Not only did he take out two guys trying to sneak up on me from behind when I was was sniping people he came up behind them and took them out with his swiss army knife. I think I even saw him spit on one like the Outlaw Josey Whales. It was great... Lesson learned... don't piss off Claymore.
LMAO! I had fun last night. It feels better playing with a friend/Broncos Battle buddy.

Boss Buff Bronco Fan is probably the best guy here, he has prestiged at least 5 times. He is a real stud.

BOSSHOGG30
06-11-2008, 08:19 AM
Im a simple man........ It probably is 4 maps, but I got it confused with the 10 bucks......

LMAO! I had fun last night. It feels better playing with a friend/Broncos Battle buddy.

Boss Buff Bronco Fan is probably the best guy here, he has prestiged at least 5 times. He is a real stud.

Did we recruit him yet? We do need a point man.

claymore
06-11-2008, 08:30 AM
Did we recruit him yet? We do need a point man.
Ive played with him once or twice. I dont know if he is in a clan or not but the dude is good. Reidman is to .......

BOSSHOGG30
06-11-2008, 08:32 AM
Ive played with him once or twice. I dont know if he is in a clan or not but the dude is good. Reidman is to .......

We need to start a recruitment thread

claymore
06-11-2008, 08:35 AM
We need to start a recruitment threadGood Idea. We also need to consolodate the COD4 Usernames. I get them mixed up cause they are different from the names here.

You gonna start it?

Arkansas Bronco
06-11-2008, 08:52 AM
Hey clay sorry i missed ya last night. The server booted me when we went into that first map and again when you invited me. After that I just went out side and hung out with my neighbors for a good bit before I crashed.

Reidman
06-12-2008, 06:35 AM

Dude, not even close..lol. You make me look like a whining little school girl when I play with you...ha ha. That's why I never except your invites..just kidding. Yesterday when I played domination with you my friend was playing so that's why it appeared I sucked real bad...he doesn't know the controls :D

Hey Clay, is domination your fav game or do you play it for the mass amount of points you get when you win? +270 on one of the games I played when we won. That will build you up in a hurry.

You all need to slow down and let me catch up...oh yeah and I have the td30 clan tag also...

Oh yeah, side note: Has anyone played with the clan JEW$..? They are funny as hell and really good with sniper rifles. I think one of them goes around scouting the enemy and the other was pickin them off like flies..

claymore
06-12-2008, 06:42 AM
Dude, not even close..lol. You make me look like a whining little school girl when I play with you...ha ha. That's why I never except your invites..just kidding. Yesterday when I played domination with you my friend was playing so that's why it appeared I sucked real bad...he doesn't know the controls :D

Hey Clay, is domination your fav game or do you play it for the mass amount of points you get when you win? +270 on one of the games I played when we won. That will build you up in a hurry.

You all need to slow down and let me catch up...oh yeah and I have the td30 clan tag also...

Oh yeah, side note: Has anyone played with the clan JEW$..? They are funny as hell and really good with sniper rifles. I think one of them scouted the enemy and the other was pickin them off like fliesLMAO! I still suck. I cant believe how good my son is, he plays every other game, and ranks in the top 3 usually. And he is 6......:eek:

I dont know if I played JEW$,,,,,, There are some good freakin Clans. I hope we can get there once we all figure our schedules out.

Domination is by far my favorite....... Buff likes them all I think, every time we play its a different game type..... I like Domintation, because there are known battles that are going to occur. Seek and destroy is cool as well though.

Oh I had a friend that joined the domination with us....... Man he sucks! first 2 games he had like 1 kill and 30 deaths!

Arkansas Bronco
06-12-2008, 07:33 AM
Hey clay dont know if we played with you or your son last night but did you hear the voice chat we use? I sucked pretty bad, got pretty drunk (first night of vacation) but still had fun.

claymore
06-12-2008, 07:55 AM
Hey clay dont know if we played with you or your son last night but did you hear the voice chat we use? I sucked pretty bad, got pretty drunk (first night of vacation) but still had fun.I didnt hear the Chat, I will only active the chat if I know you guys are going to be in there. Ill turn it on tonight. Some of those kids irritate the crap out of me!

What a great vacation COD4 and booze! :laugh:

claymore
06-12-2008, 08:13 AM
You guys would have laughed at me the past couple days...... Ive done it twice. But I play the game with some nice full ear stereo headphones. And when I invite you guys to a game, I unplug them, take a smoke break and have the kids listen for someone to enter the Lobby.

Well, Last night my son runs out side, and tells me someone joined. So I ran inside, found a game, and put the headphones on.

Half way thru the game, my wife starts yelling "Hey retard, you want to plug those things in?" And I realize I have these headphones on, tv blaring. and the head phones arent plugged in. :laugh:

BOSSHOGG30
06-12-2008, 08:22 AM
I did horrible last night... I really need to find some consistency. I did unlike the another sniper rifle so that was cool and I went up to a level or two. One battle I killed 1 person and was killed 15 times... Everytime my soldier was reborn they placed me right were a enemy soldier was ready to kill... I didn't even have a chance. First time I was really pissed at the game since I've played it.

claymore
06-12-2008, 08:32 AM
I did horrible last night... I really need to find some consistency. I did unlike the another sniper rifle so that was cool and I went up to a level or two. One battle I killed 1 person and was killed 15 times... Everytime my soldier was reborn they placed me right were a enemy soldier was ready to kill... I didn't even have a chance. First time I was really pissed at the game since I've played it.
Do you have Martydrom yet? I love that perk. Youll have good days and Bad. I have been pretty pissed myself.. Usually when I think Im being really sneaky, and some ass hole comes from behind and stabs me. :laugh: Makes me feel like such a bish.:tsk:

One thing I was going to say is that, if you kill more than 2 guys from the same spot, its probably time to move. Cause those same 2 guys are coming for you if you sniped them.

I kept running out of ammo last night. I might try the M-16 with double Tap vs the M-4. I hate using the bandolier perk. I think its a waste, but I will do it for the G36C.

BOSSHOGG30
06-12-2008, 08:54 AM
Do you have Martydrom yet? I love that perk. Youll have good days and Bad. I have been pretty pissed myself.. Usually when I think Im being really sneaky, and some ass hole comes from behind and stabs me. :laugh: Makes me feel like such a bish.:tsk:

One thing I was going to say is that, if you kill more than 2 guys from the same spot, its probably time to move. Cause those same 2 guys are coming for you if you sniped them.

I kept running out of ammo last night. I might try the M-16 with double Tap vs the M-4. I hate using the bandolier perk. I think its a waste, but I will do it for the G36C.

I think that is my problem... I stay in one spot too long... I rarely get killed from the front it is usually from behind. Someone always sneaks up on me. I typically average 8 to 10 kills and only die 3 or 4 times, but I'm not racking up the numbers that the big boys are that move around.

claymore
06-12-2008, 08:59 AM
I think that is my problem... I stay in one spot too long... I rarely get killed from the front it is usually from behind. Someone always sneaks up on me. I typically average 8 to 10 kills and only die 3 or 4 times, but I'm not racking up the numbers that the big boys are that move around.Do you use claymores to watch your 6? I love claymores. I really like to put them on the flag, and kill one of the SOB trying to steal it. Also, a very good place for them is if your sniping, and you climb a ladder to where you are, place it at the top of the ladder, once they get at face level, there is nothing they can do.

If your in an open field, you have to move around. And watch your radar like a SOB. Im not very good at sniping, because I am to impatient.

Man, I hate getting sniped to... When I hear the 50 cal Barret, it scares me. And I hunt for that SOB right away.

BOSSHOGG30
06-12-2008, 09:19 AM
Do you use claymores to watch your 6? I love claymores. I really like to put them on the flag, and kill one of the SOB trying to steal it. Also, a very good place for them is if your sniping, and you climb a ladder to where you are, place it at the top of the ladder, once they get at face level, there is nothing they can do.

If your in an open field, you have to move around. And watch your radar like a SOB. Im not very good at sniping, because I am to impatient.

Man, I hate getting sniped to... When I hear the 50 cal Barret, it scares me. And I hunt for that SOB right away.

I'm not sure if I have claymores... I will have to find out if I can add them to my soldier. I don't think I have them though. But that would be a huge help.

I also hate those damn helicopters... they always find me and kill me

claymore
06-12-2008, 09:26 AM
I'm not sure if I have claymores... I will have to find out if I can add them to my soldier. I don't think I have them though. But that would be a huge help.

I also hate those damn helicopters... they always find me and kill me

They are in perk one. I would be suprised if you didnt have them. Your a MSG right? Yeah the helicopters are a bish. Sometimes I get killed 2 or 3 times in a row, get pissed, and change guns to a 60, SAW, or RPD and hunt the SOB down.

claymore
06-12-2008, 09:27 AM
Also Scarface started this thread where in the hell is he?

BOSSHOGG30
06-12-2008, 09:34 AM
They are in perk one. I would be suprised if you didnt have them. Your a MSG right? Yeah the helicopters are a bish. Sometimes I get killed 2 or 3 times in a row, get pissed, and change guns to a 60, SAW, or RPD and hunt the SOB down.

I will have to check... I'm probably looking right over them when I set my stuff up.

I know I have the Dragunov as my primary weapon.

I have these options as my perks:

Juggernaut
Deep Impact
Frag 3x
Fast Reload
Extreme Conditioning

BOSSHOGG30
06-12-2008, 09:46 AM
I need that Barrett and I would like to go with a set up like this with it.....

I would like to go:
Perks Class 1 - Claymore / Bandolier
Perks Class 2 - Sleight of Hand / Stopping Power / UAV Jammer / Overkill
Perks Class 3 - Deep Impact / Steady Aim / Iron Lungs

claymore
06-12-2008, 09:53 AM
I will have to check... I'm probably looking right over them when I set my stuff up.

I know I have the Dragunov as my primary weapon.

I have these options as my perks:

Juggernaut
Deep Impact
Frag 3x
Fast Reload
Extreme Conditioning

I need that Barrett and I would like to go with a set up like this with it.....

I would like to go:
Perks Class 1 - Claymore / Bandolier
Perks Class 2 - Sleight of Hand / Stopping Power / UAV Jammer / Overkill
Perks Class 3 - Deep Impact / Steady Aim / Iron Lungs
If I was you I would go

Perks Class 1 - Claymore
Perks Class 2 - Stopping Power or Overkill depending on the map. Since you like sniper, I might have 2 classes one Overkill, and the other straight sniper.
Perks Class 3 - Iron Lungs

Or you can do a combination with the Acog. I have no Idea why the M-16 is such a good weapon in this game, but you could snipe like a SOB with that as well. One 3 round burst with stopping power kills the dude 90% of the time. And it has good range.

NightTrainLayne
06-12-2008, 10:02 AM
Man, I am waaaaay behind you guys. I hope you'll be patient when I get a chance to play with you.

I keep thinking I'll get a chance to log on, but my wife had some minor surgery back on Monday, and while she's recovering I'm getting to play Mr. Mom. By the time I get the kiddo to bed, I'm worn out.

BOSSHOGG30
06-12-2008, 10:07 AM
Man, I am waaaaay behind you guys. I hope you'll be patient when I get a chance to play with you.

I keep thinking I'll get a chance to log on, but my wife had some minor surgery back on Monday, and while she's recovering I'm getting to play Mr. Mom. By the time I get the kiddo to bed, I'm worn out.

Don't worry NTL...we are only at war... you can stay home with the wife and kid if you feel safer there....... :D jk

your family is way more important than a stupid game.... Take care of the wife and kid and we will be waiting for you when you get a chance to play. It is all for fun and I'm sure you will do great.

claymore
06-12-2008, 10:27 AM

I keep thinking I'll get a chance to log on, but my wife had some minor surgery back on Monday, and while she's recovering I'm getting to play Mr. Mom. By the time I get the kiddo to bed, I'm worn out.Youll be fine. We can just give you LMG (60, SAW, RPD) duties. Its hard to scre up with those. :D

But that means you have helicopter clean up duties!

NightTrainLayne
06-12-2008, 10:41 AM
Youll be fine. We can just give you LMG (60, SAW, RPD) duties. Its hard to scre up with those. :D

But that means you have helicopter clean up duties!

I've taken down a couple Choppers with my SAW. I just need to play more to learn the maps better.

Have you tried setting up a good sniper position, and then having someone stand guard behind you for anyone sneaking up behind?

I wondered when I was playing if that would be a good strategy. Of course, the sniper would get most of the kills, but in terms of team-work it would be good.

claymore
06-12-2008, 10:50 AM
I've taken down a couple Choppers with my SAW. I just need to play more to learn the maps better.

Have you tried setting up a good sniper position, and then having someone stand guard behind you for anyone sneaking up behind?

I wondered when I was playing if that would be a good strategy. Of course, the sniper would get most of the kills, but in terms of team-work it would be good.

Thats what Boss wants to do. Hell we could even try that tonight. Eventually the guard would end up getting a few kills, because they get pissed and come and hunt you down.

I have seen the technique employed. I think a good strategy would be to have both guys plant claymores throught the hide sight, and have both guys sniping. One M-4 or whatever assualt rifle and the other with a real sniper rifle. Once one entrance was out of claymores, have the assualt rifle dude adjust his responsibility to the door/entrance.

BOSSHOGG30
06-12-2008, 11:04 AM

I think it would work well because in real life, in which the game was more or less created to simulate as much as possible, a sniper always has a scout/spotter assign with him. They work together as a team and are a very deadly force. The person scouting with you can also kill but they have to do a lot more checking the immediate area as well as behind the sniper to protect him. It would work a lot better with the head gear too for communication reasons.

NightTrainLayne
06-12-2008, 11:07 AM
I think it would work well because in real life, in which the game was more or less created to simulate as much as possible, a scout always has a scout/spotter assign with him. They work together as a team and are a very deadly force. The person scouting with you can also kill but they have to do a lot more checking the immediate area as well as behind the sniper to protect him. It would work a lot better with the head gear too for communication reasons.

Id' volunteer for spotter duty, just to be helpful while I'm learning the ropes. It couldn't be any worse than sniping without a spotter/scout.

claymore
06-12-2008, 11:45 AM
I just dont like being the Sniper, cause I feel like such a bish when I get stabbed. Man I hate that.

Boss did you get the maps yet? There are a couple freaking awesome Sniper maps in there.

BOSSHOGG30
06-12-2008, 11:59 AM
I just dont like being the Sniper, cause I feel like such a bish when I get stabbed. Man I hate that.

Boss did you get the maps yet? There are a couple freaking awesome Sniper maps in there.

Yeah, That is why I left when you logged on and the had to come back on... I downloaded them the other day... it cost me 10.00 but I didn't know that I had to install them after I downloaded it when I started the game up. So i logged off, installed them and logged back on.... I really love that one map with all the cliffs and trenches... great sniper map. I had 22 kills and only 5 deaths in that one... It was pretty much who is the fastest to snipe in that one. I was constantly seeing in my scope another sniper getting ready to snipe me down but beat them to the head shot...it was great.

claymore
06-12-2008, 12:22 PM
Yeah, That is why I left when you logged on and the had to come back on... I downloaded them the other day... it cost me 10.00 but I didn't know that I had to install them after I downloaded it when I started the game up. So i logged off, installed them and logged back on.... I really love that one map with all the cliffs and trenches... great sniper map. I had 22 kills and only 5 deaths in that one... It was pretty much who is the fastest to snipe in that one. I was constantly seeing in my scope another sniper getting ready to snipe me down but beat them to the head shot...it was great.

Yeah that place is a good one. I love sitting by that old broke truck, and sniping people coming down the creek!

BOSSHOGG30
06-12-2008, 12:49 PM
I hate being the infidel looking soldiers.... is there a way to make sure you aren't an infidel?

claymore
06-12-2008, 12:55 PM
I hate being the infidel looking soldiers.... is there a way to make sure you aren't an infidel?
No....... I prefer the SAS guys over everything else. I wish they mad some Army dudes, but oh well. The voices crack me up though. When there is an explosion or something they are like dirka dirka........

claymore
06-12-2008, 01:17 PM
My buddy just came up with a great Idea. On allot of the maps B is a choke point...... So Im going to play with the C4 tonight, and see if I can get a bunch of dudes blown up at once with that. I might put it in known sniper spots too.

BOSSHOGG30
06-12-2008, 01:20 PM
My buddy just came up with a great Idea. On allot of the maps B is a choke point...... So Im going to play with the C4 tonight, and see if I can get a bunch of dudes blown up at once with that. I might put it in known sniper spots too.

That will be tough but it sure will be fun watching you blow them all over the place. :beer: I will look forward to seeing this.

claymore
06-12-2008, 01:24 PM
That will be tough but it sure will be fun watching you blow them all over the place. :beer: I will look forward to seeing this.You know the map with the bus at the end of the street? B on that map gets crazy....... Also the place with the farm houses, the house across the creek gets 3 or 4 guys in the door at the same time..... Oh Im excited to try this. Ill probably die 5 times to get one kill. :laugh:

BOSSHOGG30
06-12-2008, 01:28 PM
You know the map with the bus at the end of the street? B on that map gets crazy....... Also the place with the farm houses, the house across the creek gets 3 or 4 guys in the door at the same time..... Oh Im excited to try this. Ill probably die 5 times to get one kill. :laugh:

Goal #1: Have fun
Goal #2: Get at least one kill
Goal #3: Learn something new
Goal #4: Win

claymore
06-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Goal #1: Have fun
Goal #2: Get at least one kill
Goal #3: Learn something new
Goal #4: Win

Im trying to get sponsored so I can quit my day job. :laugh:

BOSSHOGG30
06-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Im trying to get sponsored so I can quit my day job. :laugh:

That would be something... It might be suck though... My eyes start to hurt after playing the game for about an hour. I think it is because i'm afraid to blink because I might miss my chance to snipe someone.

claymore
06-12-2008, 01:51 PM
That would be something... It might be suck though... My eyes start to hurt after playing the game for about an hour. I think it is because i'm afraid to blink because I might miss my chance to snipe someone.
LMAO, have you gotten startled yet by a dude that pops out around the corner or something? Man my dog jumped up onto the futon at the same time a guy walked around the corner, it scared the hell out of me.

BOSSHOGG30
06-12-2008, 01:57 PM
LMAO, have you gotten startled yet by a dude that pops out around the corner or something? Man my dog jumped up onto the futon at the same time a guy walked around the corner, it scared the hell out of me.

When you play on single mode and you are in that tall grass but hear a dog barking and coming at you and you can't find it so you start to panic and then all the sudden it pops up and attacks you... that is pretty spooky

As far as the guys coming around corners I usually say to myself…shit….because I know I’m a dead man. It doesn’t really surprise me or spook me because I’ve come to expect it with so many people running around like mad men.

claymore
06-12-2008, 02:00 PM
When you play on single mode and you are in that tall grass but hear a dog barking and coming at you and you can't find it so you start to panic and then all the sudden it pops up and attacks you... that is pretty spooky

As far as the guys coming around corners I usually say to myself…shit….because I know I’m a dead man. It doesn’t really surprise me or spook me because I’ve come to expect it with so many people running around like mad men.LMFAO, My son was pplaying that level, and he paused it, came and got me and asked me to finish it cause it scared him . It is spooky!

BOSSHOGG30
06-12-2008, 02:05 PM
What level do you hate the most? I really hate the cargo ship level...I vote to skip it each time it comes up.

Reidman
06-12-2008, 11:49 PM
What level do you hate the most? I really hate the cargo ship level...I vote to skip it each time it comes up.

I actually do my most damage on the cargo ship.

I hate chinatown with a passion, can't explain but I do. Also, the one where the snipers can hide out on either side in the concrete buildings, never do good on that one...

I recently realized how much I like using extreme conditioning. I use it over martyrdom even. Makes it easy to run around and knife guys like crazy and the can never catch you.

My style is pretty much balls to the wall, I don't care so much about how many times I died as long as I inflicted a lot of damage...

claymore
06-13-2008, 07:03 AM
I actually do my most damage on the cargo ship.

I hate chinatown with a passion, can't explain but I do. Also, the one where the snipers can hide out on either side in the concrete buildings, never do good on that one...

I recently realized how much I like using extreme conditioning. I use it over martyrdom even. Makes it easy to run around and knife guys like crazy and the can never catch you.

My style is pretty much balls to the wall, I don't care so much about how many times I died as long as I inflicted a lot of damage...
Thats my style as well. I need to try the conditioning more.

BOSSHOGG30
06-13-2008, 08:14 AM
I keep getting the message servers busy when I was trying to link up with you yesteday Clay

claymore
06-13-2008, 08:26 AM
I keep getting the message servers busy when I was trying to link up with you yesteday Clay
I know. In fact we were in the middle of a major battle, and someone sent me an invite, while I was changing class's. and I accidentley left the game. Man was I pissed.

Here is what I say we do. Come up with a time like 7 or 9 PM or both..... have me or you invite all the people, wait 15 minutes, and at 7:15 or 9:15 start the game. Whoever isnt in is screwed. But the only success I have had with playiong with you guys is getting completley out of the lobby. Inviting you guys, then waiting for you to accept, and show up in my list of players. Once that happens, I select Domination, and it matches us.

I usually have to wait for you guys to get out of your current games, which can take 5-15 minutes.

BTW, my son broke my headset yesterday! He was pretty nervous about telling me.

BOSSHOGG30
06-13-2008, 08:37 AM
I know. In fact we were in the middle of a major battle, and someone sent me an invite, while I was changing class's. and I accidentley left the game. Man was I pissed.

Here is what I say we do. Come up with a time like 7 or 9 PM or both..... have me or you invite all the people, wait 15 minutes, and at 7:15 or 9:15 start the game. Whoever isnt in is screwed. But the only success I have had with playiong with you guys is getting completley out of the lobby. Inviting you guys, then waiting for you to accept, and show up in my list of players. Once that happens, I select Domination, and it matches us.

I usually have to wait for you guys to get out of your current games, which can take 5-15 minutes.

BTW, my son broke my headset yesterday! He was pretty nervous about telling me.

lol, well we weren't using the headset anyways... By the time I get around to getting one you will already have a replacement. Oh and by the way, I finally got the Claymores......I couldn't get them till I reached level 23 and I did that yesterday. I was getting killed just trying to lay them out... I have to get better at placing them too... I was putting them backwards a lot of times and it didn't work like I wanted them to.

claymore
06-13-2008, 08:56 AM
lol, well we weren't using the headset anyways... By the time I get around to getting one you will already have a replacement. Oh and by the way, I finally got the Claymores......I couldn't get them till I reached level 23 and I did that yesterday. I was getting killed just trying to lay them out... I have to get better at placing them too... I was putting them backwards a lot of times and it didn't work like I wanted them to.
LMAO, its just like anything else in that game, you will be a pro before long.

I have even gotten to the point, that if I know Im gonna get bum rushed by a bunch of dudes, my last act is to emplace a claymore.... They roll in the room smoke me, and in turn get smoked them selves. Ive only done it like 3 times.

Also watch your challenges. Next time we are on the missle silo map, you get 250 points for falling to your death at 30 feet. so jump down one of the Silo's and you get 250 points. :laugh:

BOSSHOGG30
06-13-2008, 09:40 AM
LMAO, its just like anything else in that game, you will be a pro before long.

I have even gotten to the point, that if I know Im gonna get bum rushed by a bunch of dudes, my last act is to emplace a claymore.... They roll in the room smoke me, and in turn get smoked them selves. Ive only done it like 3 times.

Also watch your challenges. Next time we are on the missle silo map, you get 250 points for falling to your death at 30 feet. so jump down one of the Silo's and you get 250 points. :laugh:

Yeah, I was looking at those.. I was wonder where I can jump that would be that far of a fall. I also need a few more head shots and I can get big points. Yesterday I sniped someone through a car opening and I got something like 250 points for that. That was pretty cool.

NightTrainLayne
06-13-2008, 09:43 AM

Pick out a time and day and I'll try to be there. I can't tonight because I have a poker game scheduled with a bunch of guys, but let me know when you try this and I'll try to be there.

I give you permission to knife me in the back for not having any time to play after convincing you the ps3 was the best Boss.

claymore
06-13-2008, 09:45 AM
Yeah, I was looking at those.. I was wonder where I can jump that would be that far of a fall. I also need a few more head shots and I can get big points. Yesterday I sniped someone through a car opening and I got something like 250 points for that. That was pretty cool.

Missle silo. Just jump in quick 250 points.

claymore
06-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Pick out a time and day and I'll try to be there. I can't tonight because I have a poker game scheduled with a bunch of guys, but let me know when you try this and I'll try to be there.

I give you permission to knife me in the back for not having any time to play after convincing you the ps3 was the best Boss.

Whats Saturday look like for you NTL?

NightTrainLayne
06-13-2008, 10:03 AM
Whats Saturday look like for you NTL?

I don't know why I even bother trying anymore sometimes.

Since I'm playing poker on Friday night, I probably won't have any "free" time on Saturday night. Sunday, however, I will probably be ok.

If your playing Saturday, let me know what time and I'll try to log on, but no promises for that. Maybe I can play the "I spent a ton of money on this PS3 and never get to play it card." I haven't used that one yet.

claymore
06-13-2008, 10:06 AM
I don't know why I even bother trying anymore sometimes.

Since I'm playing poker on Friday night, I probably won't have any "free" time on Saturday night. Sunday, however, I will probably be ok.

If your playing Saturday, let me know what time and I'll try to log on, but no promises for that. Maybe I can play the "I spent a ton of money on this PS3 and never get to play it card." I haven't used that one yet.

Youre starting to really suck at this! :laugh: I have to work Sunday, but will be on later that evening, or afternoon.

I will be on there all day sat though.

NightTrainLayne
06-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Youre starting to really suck at this! :laugh: I have to work Sunday, but will be on later that evening, or afternoon.

I will be on there all day sat though.

I'll see if I can catch you on Sat sometime. How do I send you an invite?

I will have a little while to play while my wife and daughter go shopping for my Father's day gift.

claymore
06-13-2008, 10:39 AM
I'll see if I can catch you on Sat sometime. How do I send you an invite?

I will have a little while to play while my wife and daughter go shopping for my Father's day gift.Ill see you on there, but once you go into online mode, there is a "party invite" choice. I can PM you and Boss my # if you want for coordination. Just let me know.