PDA

View Full Version : Broncos reached an agreement with free agent CB Ty Law

ikillz0mbies
11-06-2009, 03:13 PM
via Adam Schefter's Twitter

A blast from the past filed to ESPN: the Broncos have reached agreement with free-agent CB Ty Law. He has physical tonight, signs after.

www.twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

Woah...didn't think the Broncos needed any secondary help. Total suprise.

BigDaddyBronco
11-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Wow. I didn't see this coming. Another experienced CB.

Dortoh
11-06-2009, 03:20 PM
McPoopy pants strikes again.

I hope this does not affect JFMW or shorty

ikillz0mbies
I honestly do like the move. Brings another veteran voice to the locker room. But I'm just curious to see as to why the Broncos are signing him. The Broncos secondary have been good this season and Jack Williams and Alphonso Smith have manned the nickle position pretty well. I know Law was one of the better cornerbacks in the league not too long ago, but I does he have anything left in the tank?

Denver Native (Carol)
Wonder who will be out?

OldschoolFreak
11-06-2009, 03:21 PM
Who's out?

ikillz0mbies
11-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Wonder who will be out?

That is a very good question. Any ideas?

broncofaninfla
11-06-2009, 03:24 PM
Has to be Jack Williams right? No way they cut Smith

Denver Native (Carol)
11-06-2009, 03:26 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4629892

During a season in which Jeremiah Trotter, Junior Seau and Ahman Green each unexpectedly returned to football, cornerback Ty Law will now do the same.

Law and the Broncos have reached agreement on a contract that will add another former Patriot to Josh McDaniels' stable of them in Denver.

Law confirmed the developments when contacted Friday.

He is scheduled to fly to Denver on Friday to take a physical. Assuming he passes, Law will join the Broncos at a similar time to when he joined the New York Jets last season.

When the Jets signed him early in a week last year, Law suited up days later and participated in more than 50 plays covering Randy Moss.

He had wanted to return to football again and will now have the chance. Law, Brian Dawkins and Champ Bailey will give Denver arguably the most decorated defensive secondary in the league.

Dortoh
11-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Has to be Jack Williams right? No way they cut Smith

Lets hope not I'd have no choice but start up a thread ranting about McD and Bowlen and later have to eat crow over the whole damn thing.

Dirk
11-06-2009, 03:30 PM
I sure hope he can still play ball. Otherwise I just have to :confused:

TXBRONC
11-06-2009, 03:30 PM
Ok but why? :confused:

dogfish
11-06-2009, 03:32 PM
whoa, WTF?

that seems kinda weird. . . .

Dortoh
11-06-2009, 03:36 PM
whoa, WTF?

that seems kinda weird. . . .

Agree it does not add up. I think there must be an injury involved somewhere in all of this.

broncofaninfla
11-06-2009, 03:39 PM
B loyd maybe? I think he's been inactive all season long

TXBRONC
11-06-2009, 03:40 PM
Agree it does not add up. I think there must be an injury involved somewhere in all of this.

Well since you're the expert you need to get on this find out for us pronto. :D

Dirk
11-06-2009, 03:41 PM
Ok but why? :confused:

Because if he can't still play ball it doesn't make sense. :lol:

He is a little long in the tooth as far as football goes.

TXBRONC
11-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Because if he can't still play ball it doesn't make sense. :lol:

Hope to shout he's long in the tooth.

broncofaninfla
11-06-2009, 03:49 PM
Just read in another forum Hillis wasn't at practice today

underrated29
11-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Just read in another forum Hillis wasn't at practice today

that would sent bronconation into an epic meltdown....

I was thinking josh barrett, or tony carter, or jarvis.....

I would not be happy if its hillis. He is really the only one who can truck over people.

Dortoh
11-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Well since you're the expert you need to get on this find out for us pronto. :D

Mini-me or JMFW to IR

BigDaddyBronco
11-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Jarvis Moss would be nice.

OrangeHoof
11-06-2009, 03:55 PM

When has that ever stopped the Broncos?

underrated29
11-06-2009, 04:01 PM
seriously.

Its not phonz guys,

It will be barrett, moss, carter to get cut, or jmfw,phonz,harris to IR.

or i am an idiot and wrong as always................ If anyone quotes this and agree about the idiot i will send BroncoWarrior after you!

SoCoPoCo
11-06-2009, 04:01 PM
I like this...our nickel has been somewhat exposed by receivers coming out of the slot and this shores up that deficiency.

Poet
11-06-2009, 04:04 PM
I don't think this move means one of your main CBs are hurt. I think it means that someone on the roster who isn't that important either acted an ass and is one the way out or is hurt.

WTE
11-06-2009, 04:10 PM
He covered Randy Moss brilliantly last year just days after signing with the Jets.

He didn't do too much the rest of the season.

Maybe the Broncos will get a game or two out of him before he sails off into the sunset.

SOCALORADO.
11-06-2009, 04:10 PM
I like this...our nickel has been somewhat exposed by receivers coming out of the slot and this shores up that deficiency.

Depth, gentlemen, Depth!
Were moving into the heart of the season.
Another veteran, and more than likely Moss or
Carter is gone.

broncofaninfla
11-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Carter isn't on the active roster, my guess is it's a player who has been inactive most of the time or JMFW

BroncoWave
11-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Apparently everyone is forgetting how badly Kelly Washington (Baltimore's slot WR) abused us last week. Obviously our nickel corners weren't getting the job done.

tomjonesrocks
11-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Can someone explain how\why JW is always referred to as JMFW?

MOtorboat
11-06-2009, 04:37 PM
He covered Randy Moss brilliantly last year just days after signing with the Jets.

He didn't do too much the rest of the season.

Maybe the Broncos will get a game or two out of him before he sails off into the sunset.

Just need him to cover Limas Sweed, as BTB points out because Sweed>Washington

underrated29
11-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Can someone explain how\why JW is always referred to as JMFW?

It stands for Jack Mutha Fing Williams.

The guys at the mane gave him that nickname because he reminded them of some hockey player or something.. It has just sorta stuck around with ALL of the broncos boards. Mostly because quite a few of us post at many sites.

Tned
11-06-2009, 04:53 PM
seriously.

Its not phonz guys,

It will be barrett, moss, carter to get cut, or jmfw,phonz,harris to IR.

or i am an idiot and wrong as always................ If anyone quotes this and agree about the idiot i will send BroncoWarrior after you!

I think Carter is on the practice squad, not 53 man roster.

KCL
11-06-2009, 04:57 PM
If he can still be productive...it's a good pickup as far as experience goes..
I wished the Chiefs had hung onto him but when they signed Flowers and Carr...he was gone...he's been around for awhile.

Tom Nalen
11-06-2009, 05:00 PM
im soooo happy for this move...i guarantee u this guy can still play!

Dortoh
11-06-2009, 05:11 PM
im soooo happy for this move...i guarantee u this guy can still play!

Hey if Nails says the guy can play I'm on board. ;)

MOtorboat
11-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Hey if Nails says the guy can play I'm on board. ;)

Well, initially you thought it was a bad move, so I was on board immediately. :welcome:

Tned
11-06-2009, 05:19 PM
Well, initially you thought it was a bad move, so I was on board immediately. :welcome:

That bird gives me the creeps

MOtorboat
11-06-2009, 05:20 PM

I didn't pick it out because it was cuddly.

Ziggy
11-06-2009, 05:22 PM
I hope he's washed up, much like Andre Davis, Brian Dawkins, Andre Goodman, and Reynaldo Hill were according to most of the haters on this board before the season started.

KCL
11-06-2009, 05:25 PM
I hope he's washed up, much like Andre Davis, Brian Dawkins, Andre Goodman, and Reynaldo Hill were according to most of the haters on this board before the season started.

He probably isn't completely washed up but it'll be interesting to see if he can keep up with some of the younger receivers.

rationalfan
11-06-2009, 05:27 PM
one other thing to consider: with multiple Indy Dbacks going to IR, this could be a move to keep Law from signing with an upcoming opponent, one that could be seen again in the postseason.

also, as alluded to by someone else, i think this suggests the coaches/management believes the team has a shot for success in the postseason. otherwise, you let the youngsters play to gain experience.

Dortoh
11-06-2009, 05:32 PM

Just to make sure I understand if someone has an opinon other then yours or one that turns out to be incorrect they are haters?

I'm betting at one time or another we have all been haters of something Bronco related. What a bunch of bandwagoners :rolleyes:

Dortoh
11-06-2009, 05:33 PM

See I've told others I thought you were smarter then the average bear.

Iron Horse72
11-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Champ is out.

Ravage!!!
11-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Hmmm... well.... maybe its just bringing in another ex-Patriot.

Nomad
11-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Welcome to the team, Ty Law!!:salute: Better play your ass off and make tackles/picks...that's all I ask!!

KCL
11-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Welcome to the team, Ty Law!!:salute: Better play your ass off and make tackles/picks...that's all I ask!!

I hope he doesn't....:lol:

Nomad
11-06-2009, 05:55 PM
I hope he doesn't....:lol:

How'd he do for the Chiefs, he did play for the Chiefs?? He was a damn good CB for the Pats (I know that was years ago).

KCL
11-06-2009, 06:04 PM
How'd he do for the Chiefs, he did play for the Chiefs?? He was a damn good CB for the Pats (I know that was years ago).

The last game I believe he played in for KC ( Don't quote me on this) is when we played against the Colts the last time we went to the playoffs and he picked off Manning twice...no not 40 years ago either...:laugh:

getlynched47
11-06-2009, 06:06 PM
shit. I'm think Peyton Hillis might be gone because he wasn't at practice today according to the Denver Post.

Say it aint so :(

getlynched47
11-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Apparently everyone is forgetting how badly Kelly Washington (Baltimore's slot WR) abused us last week. Obviously our nickel corners weren't getting the job done.

So because Kelly Washington killed JMFW and Alphonso Smith (who was benched during the 3rd quarter) in just one game, we should suddenly upgrade?

So then shouldn't that be true for any player on our roster? (Ben Hamilton)

And I really don't see how Law is an upgrade over JMFW and Smith. Basically we're trading youth, athletic ability, speed, and playmaking skills for a corner that nobody has been interested in this season with experience.

I don't like the move. IMO.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-06-2009, 06:11 PM
shit. I'm think Peyton Hillis might be gone because he wasn't at practice today according to the Denver Post.

They discussed this on FM104.3thefan today, and they said that if a player is on the roster during the week, he gets paid, and Wednesday is the day players are released - fyi for what it is worth. Also, whoever was saying this on fm104.3, said that he could have been mistaken, but he thought he saw Peyton in the locker room today, so must have been some media guy. DMac again said that rumor has it that Peyton was not at practice today, but nothing has been confirmed as yet.

CrazyHorse
11-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Surprise Surprise! Another Ex-Patriot...

Ziggy
11-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Just to make sure I understand if someone has an opinon other then yours or one that turns out to be incorrect they are haters?

I'm betting at one time or another we have all been haters of something Bronco related. What a bunch of bandwagoners :rolleyes:

I believe that the bandwagoners are the ones that jump on and off as moves are made that they don't agree with. I've been supporting my team the whole time....but I can only speak for myself. All opinions are welcome, even trade rumors.

Dortoh
11-06-2009, 06:21 PM
I believe that the bandwagoners are the ones that jump on and off as moves are made that they don't agree with. I've been supporting my team the whole time....but I can only speak for myself. All opinions are welcome, even trade rumors.

Have you heard anything about Peppers?

getlynched47
11-06-2009, 06:24 PM
DMac again said that rumor has it that Peyton was not at practice today, but nothing has been confirmed as yet.

It has been confirmed that Peyton Hillis was not at practice today, and the reason was not injury related. The Denver Post confirmed it, Frank Schwab of the Springs gazette confirmed it, and now the Denver Broncos confirmed it:

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/protecting-against-the-leagues-best/

Peyton Hillis (not injury related) did not participate in Friday’s practice.

http://twitter.com/denverbroncos

Hillis' absence from practice not iinjury related, per team injury report.

http://twitter.com/fs3142

Peyton Hillis not at practice today, reason unknown. McBean and Harris out too.

And according to ESPN, Ty Law will take his physical tonight, and then a corresponding roster move must be made to add Law to the active 53 man roster.

It could be that Hillis was held out to prevent an injury, because a player can't really be released injured or else the NFLPA will come back and ask for money from the team.

Or it could just be nothing to it that Hillis was missing from practice.

I'm not sure. None of us are. All I know is that I hope Hillis wasn't the player let go of to make room for Ty Law. :salute:

Dortoh
11-06-2009, 06:27 PM
It has been confirmed that Peyton Hillis was not at practice today, and the reason was not injury related. The Denver Post confirmed it, Frank Schwab of the Springs gazette confirmed it, and now the Denver Broncos confirmed it:

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/protecting-against-the-leagues-best/

http://twitter.com/denverbroncos

http://twitter.com/fs3142

And according to ESPN, Ty Law will take his physical tonight, and then a corresponding roster move must be made to add Law to the active 53 man roster.

It could be that Hillis was held out to prevent an injury, because a player can't really be released injured or else the NFLPA will come back and ask for money from the team.

Or it could just be nothing to it that Hillis was missing from practice.

I'm not sure. None of us are. All I know is that I hope Hillis wasn't the player let go of to make room for Ty Law. :salute:

Seriously how the hell do we even consider picking up a AARP card carring memeber and release a versitial young player?

Nomad
11-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Who ever they release, there're ain't nutin we can do about it! It won't be Hillis!!

gobroncsnv
11-06-2009, 06:47 PM
I thought Hillis did fairly well in the last few plays he was in... unless it was his gap that the Crows ran their TD kick return through? Hopefully Hillis is just attending to some personal issues. I'd like to see the kid play his way back into good graces.

EastCoastBronco
11-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Here we ******* go again. Like a bunch of old ladies...assuming the worst. Let it ride, bitches. let it ride.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Coach McD is on with DMac and Alfred right now - and a few minutes ago DMac ask Coach if Payton Hillis is still a Bronco - Coach replied Payton had to handle a personal matter today (not sure if he said family matter), and the Coach said he hopes everyone respects Payton's privacy. Then the Coach went on to say that Payton will be a Bronco for a long time. I will put the video on here when they put it up on their website.

dogfish
11-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Here we ******* go again. Like a bunch of old ladies...assuming the worst. Let it ride, bitches. let it ride.

oh yea, wanna fight?

:boxing:

WTE
11-06-2009, 07:52 PM
Surprise Surprise! Another Ex-Patriot...

http://folk.ntnu.no/sandaas/bilder/evil-smiley-face.jpg

Denver Native (Carol)
11-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Coach talks about Ty Law, Payton Hillis, and other things

http://www.fm1043thefan.com/channels/audioOnDemand/Story.aspx?ID=1162662

Buff
11-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Coach talks about Ty Law, Payton Hillis, and other things

http://www.fm1043thefan.com/channels/audioOnDemand/Story.aspx?ID=1162662

I thought the Marshall interview was good last night too...

But I miss Mike and Sandy in their old spot. Dmac and Alfred get on my nerves.

honz
11-06-2009, 08:57 PM
**** me. Hillis isn't getting cut you idiots. He is our only option at FB right now besides a converted LB. My money is on Jarvis Moss.

Tned
11-06-2009, 09:18 PM

It ain't so, he was excused from practice for personal issues.

jhildebrand
11-06-2009, 09:20 PM
My guess to be cut would be the following:

Lamont Jordan
Josh Barrett (hasn't panned out and is now hurt)
Jarvis Moss

red98
11-06-2009, 09:23 PM
**** me. Hillis isn't getting cut you idiots. He is our only option at FB right now besides a converted LB. My money is on Jarvis Moss.

Honz, you really think JM might be it? Wasn't Josh's pick so no shame in it but I can't see him dumping a first round pick mid-season.

Then again has Moss done anything this year??

Tned
11-06-2009, 09:23 PM

Lamont Jordan
Jarvis Moss

You can probably add Brandon Lloyd to that list of possibles.

Lonestar
11-06-2009, 09:24 PM

Speak for yourself keemosabe.

I for one have loved all the Broncos past and present. : D

red98
11-06-2009, 09:25 PM

Lamont Jordan
Jarvis Moss

I think Lamont's salary for this year is now guaranteed so I think he stays.

Could be the other 2 though.

red98
11-06-2009, 09:28 PM

I don't think I've seen that guy all year. What's he getting paid?

Tned
11-06-2009, 09:36 PM

Per Rotowold (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=449):

6/15/2009: Signed an undisclosed contract.

getlynched47
11-06-2009, 10:11 PM
Coach McD is on with DMac and Alfred right now - and a few minutes ago DMac ask Coach if Payton Hillis is still a Bronco - Coach replied Payton had to handle a personal matter today (not sure if he said family matter), and the Coach said he hopes everyone respects Payton's privacy. Then the Coach went on to say that Payton will be a Bronco for a long time. I will put the video on here when they put it up on their website.

Thank goodness. I want to give you a hug through the computer screen, but that would be weird :eek:

getlynched47
11-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Per Rotowold (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=449):

Law signed a one-year, $800,000 deal with Denver that includes a $200,000 signing bonus. He could earn up to $400,000 in playtime and performance incentives.

At least we didn't overpay for Law

Denver Native (Carol)
11-06-2009, 10:15 PM
Thank goodness. I want to give you a hug through the computer screen, but that would be weird :eek:

:hug: :D

jhildebrand
11-06-2009, 10:15 PM

Vested veterans (4+ years) when cut at this point would receive their full salary anyway.

Besides, McDaniels really likes Jordan. :tsk:

jhildebrand
11-06-2009, 10:17 PM

Who is Brandon Lloyd :lol:

You are right. I forgot he was even on the roster. Now tt sounds like the better possibility is McBean going to IR? :confused:

I wish this was fully done with so we would know for sure.

Tned
11-06-2009, 10:18 PM

Red98 was asking about Lloyd's salary, which is what I was posting about.

rcsodak
11-06-2009, 10:55 PM

And your poodle in a coat doesn't?

:confused:

Tned
11-06-2009, 10:58 PM
And your poodle in a coat doesn't?

:confused:

My attack poodle eats birds like that...

rcsodak
11-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Honz, you really think JM might be it? Wasn't Josh's pick so no shame in it but I can't see him dumping a first round pick mid-season.

Be nice if they could trade him to a 4-3 D for a 3rd rounder....

rcsodak
11-06-2009, 11:04 PM

Watch for Brandon Lloyd to be activated! He knows Pitt's D, and actually was the best WR in the preseason.

rcsodak
11-06-2009, 11:06 PM

I believe ANY player on the 53man roster as of the first week, gets paid. That's why players are cut, then brought back after wk 1 is in the books.

But then again, I could be FOS.

rcsodak
11-06-2009, 11:09 PM

So $1M MINIMUM for possibly 9 games isn't overpaying?

Ask the PAY Czar what he thinks!

rcsodak
11-06-2009, 11:12 PM
My attack poodle eats birds like that...

Then you shouldn't be creeped out, right?

PS. My Prozac-cat eats pampered pooches like that...

red98
11-06-2009, 11:18 PM

Yeah, I'd take that at this point. Too late this year though...

dogfish
11-06-2009, 11:22 PM

lol. . . you're daydreaming! we shopped him for a late round pick before this past draft, and got no interest. . . .

LRtagger
11-06-2009, 11:38 PM
http://www.tintdude.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/krazy.gif

jhildebrand
11-07-2009, 12:04 AM
I believe ANY player on the 53man roster as of the first week, gets paid. That's why players are cut, then brought back after wk 1 is in the books.

But then again, I could be FOS.

Less than 4 years in the league and the player is only due their game check.
Vested (4 full years) and the player's salary is guaranteed from this point forward for the rest of this season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8085ee3e&template=with-video&confirm=true

This begins to explain how some of it works.

DenBronx
11-07-2009, 12:06 AM
I'm thinking the Broncos signed Law to play keep away from the Colts and their depleted secondary. Not too many choices out there on the market right now and we do play them pretty soon. This would make total sense. Not that Law is anything to brag about at this stage of his career but it just might be the reason why we signed him.

weazel
11-07-2009, 12:59 AM
wow, I'm kinda shocked.

Dirk
11-07-2009, 05:08 AM
I'm thinking the Broncos signed Law to play keep away from the Colts and their depleted secondary. Not too many choices out there on the market right now and we do play them pretty soon. This would make total sense. Not that Law is anything to brag about at this stage of his career but it just might be the reason why we signed him.

That's an expensive aquisition for the Colts only. I think there is more to it. Depth is probably a main factor and maybe someone is hurt.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-07-2009, 09:12 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13733852

The Broncos moved to shore up their secondary Friday by coming to terms with veteran cornerback Ty Law.

The 35-year-old Law has been named to five Pro Bowls. He has not played this season.

Law did not return a message Friday, but is expected to formally sign a contract today and join the team for meetings if he passes a physical. Broncos officials had no comment and did not turn in a transaction to the league. It is unknown when the Broncos would be ready to put Law on the field. The Broncos play at home Monday night against Pittsburgh, then Nov. 15 in Washington.

The Broncos did not formally make a roster move to add Law.

Law played seven games, starting six, for the Jets last season. He was with the New England Patriots for four of Broncos coach Josh McDaniels' eight seasons with the team. New England chose him in the first round in 1995.

He gives the Broncos their fifth player over age 30 in the secondary, a collection of defensive backs that now has 20 Pro Bowls on its collective resume. Champ Bailey has been named to eight, with Brian Dawkins having been named to seven.

Several personnel directors around the league contacted Friday believe Law can still be an effective spot player in a team's specialty packages, such as the nickel (five defensive backs) or dime (six defensive backs) scheme. His arrival probably means reduced roles for cornerbacks Alphonso Smith, a rookie, and Jack Williams.

Two of the last three opposing quarterbacks — New England's Tom Brady and Baltimore's Joe Flacco — zeroed in on the Broncos' third cornerback in some passing situations and found plenty of success. Patriots receivers who predominantly lined up against the Broncos' third cornerback caught 11 passes for just over 100 yards combined in the Oct. 11 game. That total included four catches for 46 yards by Wes Welker against the Broncos' nickel package.

And Sunday, Flacco was 12-of-15 passing against the nickel package, and four of those completions went for at least 17 yards. Ravens wide receiver Kelley Washington had third-down catches of 18 and 21 yards late in the third quarter — both with Williams giving chase — on a scoring drive that turned a 16-7 Ravens lead to a 23-7 bulge as the fourth quarter opened.

"It wasn't like the coverage was poor all the time. We had some breakdowns in our pass rush as well," McDaniels said after the game.

The Steelers come to Denver on Monday with three wide receivers having averaged at least 14 yards a catch this season. The Steelers' No. 3 wideout, rookie Mike Wallace, has averaged 17.2 yards per catch this season.

Law has been training in Florida in recent weeks to keep himself ready should he get a call. He told friends when he attended a ceremony honoring the Patriots' 50th anniversary team earlier this season — for which he was selected — he would be ready if the "right team" called.

Signing the Law

The Broncos agreed to terms with 35-year-old cornerback Ty Law on Friday. A closer look:

Hometown: Aliquippa, Pa.

College: Michigan

Height/weight: 5-feet-11, 200 pounds

Drafted: By Patriots — first round, 23rd pick, 1995

Pro teams: Patriots, 1995-2004; Jets 2005, 2008; Chiefs, 2006-2007

Pro Bowls: Five

Career interceptions: 52, seven returned for TDs

oxenofterror
11-07-2009, 09:37 AM
I love all the talk of Ty Law being "too old" and "washed up". Big deal, he's 35. Brian Dawkins is 36 and he's still tearing it up!

Tned
11-07-2009, 11:10 AM

According to Adam Schefter the Colt's didn't pursue Law.

Tned
11-07-2009, 11:10 AM
Jack Williams released to make room for Law.

dogfish
11-07-2009, 12:03 PM
well, looks like we can add cornerback to our list of offseason needs. . . .

Ravage!!!
11-07-2009, 12:11 PM
well, looks like we can add cornerback to our list of offseason needs. . . .

Well...I figured it already was considering the price tag Champ is going to need... and goodman isn't young.

Tned
11-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Per Lindsey Jones:

@denverbroncos: Ty Law has Jack Williams' old locker - and his number, too: No. 26.

Ravage!!!
11-07-2009, 12:14 PM
I love all the talk of Ty Law being "too old" and "washed up". Big deal, he's 35. Brian Dawkins is 36 and he's still tearing it up!

Right.. but Dawkins hasn't shown over the last 4 years that he's lost a step. Law has while in NYJ, the Chiefs, and with the NYJ again last season.

I'm just a bit surprised because it 'feels' like a desperation move, when our defense isn't the one that really needs those desperate moves.

However.... if Williams was showing to be that kind of liability to the defense, then...there's nothing wrong with doing SOMETHING to change that.

Ravage!!!
11-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Per Lindsey Jones:

OUch...the number too... thats adding insult to injury

KCL
11-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Is Law expected to be a starter?

MOtorboat
11-07-2009, 12:27 PM

No.

Ravage!!!
11-07-2009, 12:38 PM

if he's starting for Williams.. it may be the starting nickle back.

hamrob
11-07-2009, 06:12 PM
Who cares about Williams. I'm more concerned with this scrub rookie we traded a #1 pick for. Let's face it...if he were worth a turd...he'd be playing nickle and we wouldn't be signing Ty Law! This is what you get when you sign guys who are 5'9" tall...no production!

honz
11-07-2009, 07:43 PM

Obviously I was wrong, but I wouldn't have been surprised. He has only been active for one game this year. Not too surprised with Jack Williams either...Williams has been solid for us, but he is nothing special. I wish him the best though...always liked him.

honz
11-07-2009, 07:44 PM
who cares about williams. I'm more concerned with this scrub rookie we traded a #1 pick for. Let's face it...if he were worth a turd...he'd be playing nickle and we wouldn't be signing ty law! This is what you get when you sign guys who are 5'9" tall...no production!
bust!

HORSEPOWER 56
11-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Who cares about Williams. I'm more concerned with this scrub rookie we traded a #1 pick for. Let's face it...if he were worth a turd...he'd be playing nickle and we wouldn't be signing Ty Law! This is what you get when you sign guys who are 5'9" tall...no production!

FYI, Antoine Winfield is only about 5' 9" tall. Not a lot of guys knocking his height on the regular.

Dortoh
11-09-2009, 06:32 PM

Frankly I think its time to cut him and Ayers both. I have not seen any hall of fame votes for either of them.

Medford Bronco
11-09-2009, 06:34 PM
This is not a bad pickup for depth and someone who knows the system.

Dortoh
11-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Didnt see this posted but 4 teams put in claims for him

Cleveland, Detroit, Indianapolis and Philadelphia

Dirk
11-09-2009, 06:38 PM

Just saw on Sports Center that he is definately going to play. Start..not sure.

Dortoh
11-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Just saw on Sports Center that he is definately going to play. Start..not sure.

No way he starts. He was brought in because our nickel defense was getting its ass handed to it.

ikillz0mbies
11-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Didnt see this posted but 4 teams put in claims for him

Cleveland, Detroit, Indianapolis and Philadelphia

That's for Jack Williams. He got awarded to the Lions today.