PDA

View Full Version : Trade w/ Dallas...SPECULATION ONLY

SmilinAssasSin27
01-07-2008, 07:59 PM
IF we trade out of our 12 spot, I'd really like to see Shanny taking the Dallas picks and Bobby Carpenter, OLB, for our #12 and Foxxy.

Our pick is worth 1200. Assuming the 2 Dallas picks are valued at @ 1380 (780+600), we'd still have to sweeten the pot. The difference is equal to a mid 3rd rounder. Foxxy has more value than Carpenter and w/ Newman's knee problems, the players involved fill definite needs for each team involved. Any takers?

Some appropriate names that we could land 2 of include...Otah, Clady, Jon Stewart, Mendenhall, Kentwan Balmer, Sam Baker, Ali Highsmith...

I'd be psyched to land Clady and Mendenhall and still have the remainder of our pix for LB, S and DT help.

WARHORSE
01-07-2008, 08:04 PM
With all our needs, I think trading with Dallas would be a good move as well. At the same time, Id think anyone could make that move up the board, using their third or second rounders depending.

It all depends on who we target and with what priority. Denver will try to move up a little though before the draft.

DenBronx
01-07-2008, 08:12 PM
i like it. trading down won't break the bank and will get us 2 really good players. plus we still have a high 2nd. so that's like 3 1st rounders.

what picks do the cowboys have again?

i think the browns? that should be in the 20's???
then where ever the cowboys end up....29 or 30....31 or 32 if they go to the big one.

i like the idea of getting an upgrade at the olb position and trading down. foxy really doesnt fit in with bailey and bly anyway and he has some trade value.

id go mendenhall and okam in round 1. i'd piss myself if this happens.

MOtorboat
01-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Why the heck would Dallas trade two first round picks just to get to No. 12. They want McFadden, he won't be available at 12.

UnderArmour
01-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Here's my speculation. It doesn't happen.

DenBronx
01-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Why the heck would Dallas trade two first round picks just to get to No. 12. They want McFadden, he won't be available at 12.

maybe they would bite of lauranitis is there?

SmilinAssasSin27
01-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Dallas has LBs...that's why Carpenter is expendable.

They may want McFadden, but unless they are giving up their whole draft, it ain't happening.

topscribe
01-07-2008, 08:24 PM
maybe they would bite of lauranitis is there?

Wow. If Lauranitis is there, why would the Broncos go anywhere?

That guy is probably an impact player. Talk about walling up your run defense in one move . . .

-----

DenBronx
01-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Dallas has LBs...that's why Carpenter is expendable.

They may want McFadden, but unless they are giving up their whole draft, it ain't happening.

i don't see the cowboys doing this deal....but mikey would be crazy not to accept.

Wow. If Lauranitis is there, why would the Broncos go anywhere?

That guy is probably an impact player. Talk about walling up your run defense in one move . . .

-----

i'd love to see him as a bronco but we already have a really good mlb. so it wouldnt make sense. not unless he could play olb too. :confused:

i more so like trading down for budget reasons. not that any 1st rounder is cheap but would be much cheaper than the #12 pick. the cowboys have bigger needs then runningback. i don't think they will make a move for mcfadden.

topscribe
01-07-2008, 08:44 PM
i don't see the cowboys doing this deal....but mikey would be crazy not to accept.

i'd love to see him as a bronco but we already have a really good mlb. so it wouldnt make sense. not unless he could play olb too. :confused:

i more so like trading down for budget reasons. not that any 1st rounder is cheap but would be much cheaper than the #12 pick. the cowboys have bigger needs then runningback. i don't think they will make a move for mcfadden.

But why would he have to play OLB? D.J. proved in his rookie year that he
can be a fantastic WLB, and he has also said that he was willing. (The only
place D.J. doesn't want to go is back to SLB.)

Lauranitis at MLB and D.J. at WLB? Wow! :woot:

-----

NameUsedBefore
01-07-2008, 08:52 PM
If Lauranitis is available the Broncos would HAVE to take him and I would HAVE to drop a load in my pants right there and then as I'm obligated to overreact to good things that happen to this team.

BeefStew25
01-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Denver will try to move up a little though before the draft.

There you go again, War, dropping meth before you get on your computer.

Moving up is the last thing we need to do. We need as many day one picks as possible. We need to find a team in the 20's that wants our spot. We get their first and second for the trouble.

Tned
01-07-2008, 09:21 PM
I think it is more likely that Dallas would trade into the top 5 if McFadden slips past the first few stops. Supposedly, Jones was enfatuated with McFadden, made trips to check him out in person, and was counting on a good pick from the Browns.

MOtorboat
01-07-2008, 09:27 PM
I think it is more likely that Dallas would trade into the top 5 if McFadden slips past the first few stops. Supposedly, Jones was enfatuated with McFadden, made trips to check him out in person, and was counting on a good pick from the Browns.

Don't forget that Jones is an Arkansas alum...

SmilinAssasSin27
01-07-2008, 09:30 PM
That's why he'll take Felix Jones...and like it!

MOtorboat
01-07-2008, 09:31 PM
That's why he'll take Felix Jones...and like it!

Not at No. 12...

Requiem / The Dagda
01-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Having another good linebacker on the team means nothing if the people in front of him can't do their jobs to allow them to succeed. That's why a pick of a linebacker earlier on doesn't make sense. There will be good value at LB within the first three rounds, inside and out. Denver's going to address their offensive and defensive lines before they take a linebacker, or at least I'd hope so.

SmilinAssasSin27
Not at No. 12...

no ****!!!!!!

MOtorboat
Having another good linebacker on the team means nothing if the people in front of him can't do their jobs to allow them to succeed. That's why a pick of a linebacker earlier on doesn't make sense. There will be good value at LB within the first three rounds, inside and out. Denver's going to address their offensive and defensive lines before they take a linebacker, or at least I'd hope so.

...or in free agency. Work on the offensive and defensive lines first and foremost.

Tned
01-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Don't forget that Jones is an Arkansas alum...

I haven't, that's why many people think he really wants to move up and get McFadden for the Arkansas Cowboys. I think it would cost more than it's worth, but with two first rounders, he does have options, such as one from '07 and one from '08, for instance, if he really wants him.

mopatt24
01-07-2008, 10:19 PM

I hope they address those D and O-line needs in FA and trade possibilities. To pass on a Laurinaitis or a Phillips would be crazy IMO. There's a bunch of different scenarios for us right now, but they have to act on it starting with FA.

To be honest, I love where we stand right now going into FA and the draft.

Scarface
01-08-2008, 12:12 AM
no ****!!!!!!

LMAO!..........

EMB6903
01-08-2008, 01:15 AM
ya I'd love for this deal to happen, but I dont see Dallas moving up unless its for a top 3 draft choice to get Darren Mcfadden, what else would they want to move up for?

SmilinAssasSin27
01-08-2008, 01:17 AM
I actually agree, but was bored. I really want Carpenter and still think the mid season trade talks should resume. Foxxy won't stay w/ Champ and Bly here.

Stargazer
01-08-2008, 04:09 AM
IF we trade out of our 12 spot, I'd really like to see Shanny taking the Dallas picks and Bobby Carpenter, OLB, for our #12 and Foxxy.

Why would Dallas trade 2 #1 picks, a former #1, for Foxy and the #12?:tsk:

Did ya read before you posted this thread?:tsk:

Stargazer
01-08-2008, 04:13 AM
Supposedly, Jones was enfatuated with McFadden, made trips to check him out in person, and was counting on a good pick from the Browns.

The Browns going 10-6 kinda bombed that idea... It's going to take a a lot more from Dallas end to move into the top 5.

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 08:20 AM
Why on Earth would Dallas be prepared to offer a high tender to an RFA back that in split time over 3 years has averaged 4.5 yards per carry and scored 29 TD's...just so that they can go ahead and draft another RB. Their biggest needs right now are CB and a WR to groom for the future. They can stay where they are and draft Talib and a WR in the first round and have a good day. We probably need to come strong with an offer to convince them to back off of that.
________
Herbal vaporizers (http://herbalvaporizers.info)

MOtorboat
01-08-2008, 09:30 AM
Why on Earth would Dallas be prepared to offer a high tender to an RFA back that in split time over 3 years has averaged 4.5 yards per carry and scored 29 TD's...just so that they can go ahead and draft another RB. Their biggest needs right now are CB and a WR to groom for the future. They can stay where they are and draft Talib and a WR in the first round and have a good day. We probably need to come strong with an offer to convince them to back off of that.

It's going to take a former first-rounder type guy...I bet they would demand Marshall and our No. 1 for both of their No. 1s...I bet they put the price so high, we can't afford to pay it.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-08-2008, 10:04 AM
Well...for one, that former #1 doesn't start as he didn't fit well in the 3-4. They already showed that they want Foxxy as there were talks of the 2 being swapped early in the season. As far as the picks go...again, more boredom than anything...but people are giving their 2 cents.

mclark
01-08-2008, 12:11 PM

Laurinitis probably could play olb. I'm just not sure about that 'we have a really good mlb'. I think DJ Williams is not a really good mlb, despite the number of tackles this year. Look at average yards pre carry against us. We were one of the weakest run-defenses in the NFL.

DJ Williams is a great athlete, and our #2 defensive player. Get him back outside where he can make an impact. Get a real middle linebacker who wants to run through walls.

I wasn't very impressed with Laurinitis last night against LSU. He was running around alot, and got himself out of position on a lot of plays.

Dorsey was quite amazing. But I've got questions about Luarinitis. It looks to me like he would benefit from another year of college ball.

silkamilkamonico
01-08-2008, 09:42 PM
I think it would be a great move with Dallas....

Too bad it will not happen though....

Simple Jaded
01-08-2008, 10:12 PM
Clady is probably going to the Chefs.

And unless Laurinitis just had his worst game ever, I'm not sure he's worth the 12th pick......

MOtorboat
01-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Clady is probably going to the Chefs.

And unless Laurinitis just had his worst game ever, I'm not sure he's worth the 12th pick......

Where does Jake Long go then?

I don't think Clady is going to go Top 5, but hey, if he did, we'd get the guy I'd rather have if you said Clady or Long?

My board right now looks like this
1. McFadden
2. Jake Long
3. Chris Long
4. Glenn Dorsey
5. Sedrick Ellis

So, I doubt Clady goes to the Chiefs.

Simple Jaded
01-08-2008, 10:25 PM
Where does Jake Long go then?

I don't think Clady is going to go Top 5, but hey, if he did, we'd get the guy I'd rather have if you said Clady or Long?

My board right now looks like this
1. McFadden
2. Jake Long
3. Chris Long
4. Glenn Dorsey
5. Sedrick Ellis

So, I doubt Clady goes to the Chiefs.

Jake Long drops between now and the draft, he's not a lottery talent, imo. Especially if Oher comes out.

I'll take Clady......

MOtorboat
01-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Jake Long drops between now and the draft, he's not a lottery talent, imo. Especially if Oher comes out.

I'll take Clady......

At 12, I'll take Clady too...Long will be a top 5 pick, he's a good left tackle. Now, if Oher comes out, that's a different story...

Any word on him...toiling in Oxford...

SmilinAssasSin27
01-08-2008, 11:19 PM
I'm guessing Oher stays

Simple Jaded
01-09-2008, 12:46 AM
At 12, I'll take Clady too...Long will be a top 5 pick, he's a good left tackle. Now, if Oher comes out, that's a different story...

Any word on him...toiling in Oxford...

Oher strikes me as a kid that might stay, if you know his story you know his even being in college is a miracle.

But a kid with his life story might also jump at the opportunity to make that kind of money, but you'd think we'd have heard something to that effect by now.

If I were him, I go pro......

MOtorboat
01-09-2008, 01:03 AM
Oher strikes me as a kid that might stay, if you know his story you know his even being in college is a miracle.

But a kid with his life story might also jump at the opportunity to make that kind of money, but you'd think we'd have heard something to that effect by now.

If I were him, I go pro......

Sure, I'd jump at the opportunity to draft him, but I'm not sure he's coming out.

WARHORSE
01-09-2008, 01:55 AM
There you go again, War, dropping meth before you get on your computer.

Moving up is the last thing we need to do. We need as many day one picks as possible. We need to find a team in the 20's that wants our spot. We get their first and second for the trouble.

Reached for the Geritol in your cabinet, fumbled, Geritol jar hit yer head.

Shanahan always tries to move up prior to draft day.

I dont disagree with staying there. Nor do I disagree with moving up or down.

Shanny, will try to move up, but will be willing to move down if the deal is good enough.

EMB6903
01-09-2008, 02:18 AM

I'll take Clady......

Personally I'd take Sam Baker over both...