PDA

View Full Version : Broncos must fear Big Ben's fakes...

Tned
11-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Nice article by Adam Schefter. Here is one paragraph of note for the upcoming game:

Of all the plays Denver must defend Monday night against Pittsburgh, the one it has to fear the most is the play-action fake: No quarterback in football has been more effective off the play-action fake than Roethlisberger. This season, when using play-action, Roethlisberger has a perfect 158.3 quarterback rating, completing 25 of 29 passes for five touchdowns and no interceptions, according to an ESPN video analysis. Part of the reason might be that, over the years, teams have had so much respect for Pittsburgh's running game that it has aided the Steelers' passing game. But gradually, the Steelers have transformed from a run-first team to a pass-first team. And the play that it has affected most is the play-action fake.

Go to ESPN to read the rest of his article: 10 Spot: Awards for now -- and later (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=schefter_adam&id=4623504)

EastCoastBronco
11-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Dawkins won't bite on that shit...;-)

Dortoh
11-06-2009, 12:46 PM
Dawkins won't bite on that shit...;-)

Equally of importance is its ability to slow the pass rushers.

D1g1tal j1m
11-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Ben pump fakes are impressive and he uses it to create space for his WR to get loose. Add that to the play action and that makes him extra hard to defend. It's going to be a serious duel this Monday.

EastCoastBronco
11-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Lets see how well he pump fakes with Dumerville on his back...;-)

WARHORSE
11-06-2009, 02:01 PM
AHHH yes. The play action pass.

I remember the days...........

MasterShake
11-06-2009, 02:18 PM
Lets see how well he pump fakes with Dumerville on his back...;-)

He'll be on him like a terrier on a water buffalo!

I'm trying like crazy to get tickets for this game, hope it works out! I have a feeling we will play with some authority!:mad:

WARHORSE
11-06-2009, 02:23 PM
He'll be on him like a terrier on a water buffalo!

I'm trying like crazy to get tickets for this game, hope it works out! I have a feeling we will play with some authority!:mad:

Lets be more specific. A terrier with a nad-lock on a water buffalo!
:salute:

MileHighCrew
11-06-2009, 02:41 PM
I hope he spends all that time holding the ball extra long. I bet DOOOOOOOM is hoping he does too

dogfish
11-06-2009, 03:44 PM
roethlisberger got a boob job?

SoCoPoCo
11-06-2009, 04:06 PM
I really, really, really, really don't like Roethlisberger and I adore him compared to Ward. Living in Steeler country, I can't tell you how much I want us to destroy these guys. Steelers fans make Cowboys fans seem tame.