PDA

View Full Version : Ron Rivera

MHCBill
01-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Can he coach a 4-3?

Anyone interested in Rivera to become the next Broncos defensive coordinator?

HolyDiver
01-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Can he coach a 4-3?

As long as his name is not Ron BATES. I'm all for it.

sanluis
01-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Can he coach a 4-3?

When he was with the Bears didn't they use a 4-3?

MHCBill
01-07-2008, 02:25 PM
I thought so, but was unsure because he currently coaches a 3-4.

BOSSHOGG30
01-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Can someone loan me HD's boner pants? Is Rivera available and if he is what the hell is the hold up?!

HolyDiver
01-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Can someone loan me HD's boner pants? Is Rivera available and if he is what the hell is the hold up?!

I've got a loaner pair I could send you.

BOSSHOGG30
01-07-2008, 02:28 PM
I've got a loaner pair I could send you.

Thanks buddy, I might need them if Rivera becomes a Bronco.

MHCBill
01-07-2008, 02:28 PM
I'm unsure if he's "available", but if Pat could throw enough money at him that would be a wonderful thing.

BOSSHOGG30
01-07-2008, 02:30 PM
I'm unsure if he's "available", but if Pat could throw enough money at him that would be a wonderful thing.

Oh so you are only teasing us and leading us to think there is actually a good defensive coordinator available.

If we are out trying to steal guys, I would have to throw Ken Norton Jr. on my hit list.

sanluis
I thought so, but was unsure because he currently coaches a 3-4.

He played in the 3-4 as well back in the day. I have to tell you I give a lot of credit to him for our Defenses performance and specifically the turnover ratio improvements. The way things are now in Denver could you guys switch to the 3-4. I know you would need to get the huge nose tackle but dumervil (sp?) would make a great outside LB in the 3-4 IMO.

I want him to be promoted to our D cord. I don't like Ted Cottrell. :mad:

yardog
I think he's the LB's coach in SD now.

sanluis
01-07-2008, 02:32 PM
You guys know he is on the Chargers staff as our Line Backer coach right now?

sanluis
01-07-2008, 02:32 PM
I think he's the LB's coach in SD now.

Beat me to it LOL.

yardog
01-07-2008, 02:35 PM
I think the drop off in the Bears Def this year could be related to him leaving last season.

BOSSHOGG30
01-07-2008, 02:40 PM
What is Ken Norton Jr.'s status and Rob Ryan?

sanluis
01-07-2008, 02:41 PM
I think the drop off in the Bears Def this year could be related to him leaving last season.

He did a great job for the Bears and I agree they must have missed him. I know the Bears had a lot of injuries and let Tank go to Dallas. So that may have had a negative effect as well.

That would suck if Ron went to one of our rivals!!!:tsk::laugh:

MHCBill
01-07-2008, 02:46 PM
We need to go get him... NOW!!!

Rick
01-07-2008, 02:47 PM
I remember hearing all the exact same talk last year when we brought in Bates, now everyone hates Bates to death.

sanluis
01-07-2008, 02:48 PM
We need to go get him... NOW!!!

We are taking him surfing and down to Rosarito for Lobster. No way he leaves !!:D

sanluis
01-07-2008, 02:50 PM
I remember hearing all the exact same talk last year when we brought in Bates, now everyone hates Bates to death.

Isn't that kind of on Bates ?:confused:

yardog
01-07-2008, 02:53 PM

Did you not see the Def this year?

Rick
01-07-2008, 02:55 PM
It is just a circle. Everone gets on a single player/coaches bandwagon, the guy plays poorly or the team has bad production and suddenly its like this guy is the mud off my shoes...

Just an observation.

sanluis
01-07-2008, 03:05 PM
It is just a circle. Ever one gets on a single player/coaches bandwagon, the guy plays poorly or the team has bad production and suddenly its like this guy is the mud off my shoes...

Just an observation.

That is true. The loss of some key players really hurt Bates and his Defense. Still, the way they played the run and well you know, really looked like a team that wasn't very well coached at times IMO.

Rick
01-07-2008, 03:17 PM
I think part of the problem is that everyone here, myself included saw Bates coming in with great success in the past running this system he has. We all got excited and bought into an idea.

The idea that WE had was that you just input a couple of 320 pound large men in the middle and a cpl 260 pound speed ends on the side and just shut everyone down. That is the idea we had but where we all fell short in this was that it takes more than body weight or playing style to make a team's success.

It takes players, and more importantly players with talent.

I think that we have great potential at DE, but at DT except for Thomas we flat out suck. We have great potential at MLB with DJ but at the other LB positions we suck as well.

We have great CBs but are very thin at Safety.

In order to be a great defence, regardless of the coach and regardless of the coaches system you have to have good players.

CoachChaz
01-07-2008, 03:42 PM
It is just a circle. Everone gets on a single player/coaches bandwagon, the guy plays poorly or the team has bad production and suddenly its like this guy is the mud off my shoes...

Just an observation.

For examples, please see Jim Bates and Javon Walker
________
Colorado dispensaries (http://dispensaries.org/)