PDA

View Full Version : '08 Free Agent Targets

MHCBill
01-07-2008, 09:10 AM
So, who would you like to see added... realisticly?

I'm off the Faneca band-wagon and I'm becoming more enamored with Michael Clayton if he opts out of his deal in Tampa.

Bryant Johnson or Michael Clayton once Javon is gone...

Also, if and I know that's a huge if, Jared Allen is not franchised or resigned I would make him target #1 for the off-season.

Lastly, if a veteran DT that is not past their prime and won't break the bank I think we need to take a look at that as well. Starks or the dude from Green Bay.

MOtorboat
01-07-2008, 09:33 AM
Offensive lineman I would not target:
Ruben Brown, G, 36 y/o, coming off of IR. (Bears)
Alan Faneca, G, 32 y/o (Steelers)
Flozell Adams, LT, 33 y/o (Cowboys)
Floyd Womack, G, 30 (Seahawks)
Todd Steusie, G, 38 (Rams)

Offensive lineman I might target:
Jordan Gross, RT, 28 (Panthers)
Ryan Lilja, G, 27 (Colts)
Jake Scott, G, 27 (Colts)
Travelle Wharton, LT, 27 (Panthers)

Offensive lineman I'm not sure about
Max Starks, T, 26, coming off of injured reserve (Steelers)

Bronco9798
01-07-2008, 10:06 AM
I'd love to have Jared Allen. The most under-rated DE in the league and one of the better ones. He will be franchised though. I know people don't like the Chiefs, but Allen has a motor and never takes a play off. He is a beast.

MOtorboat
01-07-2008, 10:15 AM
I'd love to have Jared Allen. The most under-rated DE in the league and one of the better ones. He will be franchised though. I know people don't like the Chiefs, but Allen has a motor and never takes a play off. He is a beast.

The Man Crush. Not just a man crush, it is The Man Crush.

Bronco9798
01-07-2008, 10:16 AM
The Man Crush. Not just a man crush, it is The Man Crush.

You know you would like to have some JA on the Broncos. He's better than anything we have at DE. So, he likes beer.

atwater27
01-07-2008, 11:21 AM
Jared Allen would change the dynamics of our defense. There is no doubt about that.
Wouldn't he be too spendy though?

BOSSHOGG30
01-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Zach Thomas or Al Wilson
Travelle Wharton or Jordan Gross
Paymah, Abdullah, Elam, Myers & Foxworth

SmilinAssasSin27
01-07-2008, 05:52 PM
Jared Allen is a drunk redneck...no thanx

Gimme Jordan Gross, Ken Hamlin and Mike Clayton. I'd love Lance Briggs or Dansby, but both would be pricey and the draft is chopped full of legit LB options.

mclark
01-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Jordan Gross, OTackle
Michael Turner, Runningback
Alan Fanceca, OGuard

WARHORSE
01-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Im with 9er on this one.

The thing you gotta love about him is one, he plays mean. Two, he plays all out on every play. Thats the kinda guys I want. Doesnt have the best talent, but has the non-stop motor and effort on every play.

Its contagious.

The pass rush would become a great rotation. And we all know that a good pass rush makes the entire D better.....especiallly your secondary.
I can see all the INTs there would be with great pressure on opposing QBs.

DenBronx
01-07-2008, 08:34 PM
i think our o-line blows. id like us to fix this in free agency. then we can throw out all of the fodder thats been used for a punching bag all season.