PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Broncos Mock Offseason Updated

bmarsh15
01-06-2008, 11:12 PM
FA:
Corey Williams DT
Gibril Wilson S
Trades:
2nd rounder and 4th rounder 3rd rounder in 09, Dominique Foxworth, Travis Henry, Javon Walker to Detroit for Roy Williams and Shaun Rogers and their 3rd rounder.
4th rounder to Dallas for Bobby Carpenter.
1st rounder to Green Bay for late 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder.
Draft:
1st rounder: Keith Rivers LB USC
2nd rounder: Jammal Charles RB Texas
3rd rounder: Eddie Royal WR/KR-PR
5th rounder: Durant Brooks P Georgia Tech
5th rounder: Duane Brown OT Virginia Tech
7th rounder: Mike Cox FB Georgia Tech
7th rounder: Wesley Woodyard LB Kentucky

AFGAHNI_BATTLE_DONKEY
01-07-2008, 02:02 AM
wow thats crap.

i know you dont actually believe that will happen.

Chidoze
01-07-2008, 02:11 AM
FA:
Corey Williams DT
Gibril Wilson S
Trades:
2nd rounder and 4th rounder 3rd rounder in 09, Dominique Foxworth, Travis Henry, Javon Walker to Detroit for Roy Williams and Shaun Rogers and their 3rd rounder.
Draft:
Yes to Corey Williams

Maybe to Gibril Wilson

No to all the rest :salute:

MHCBill
01-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Look Boss, the plane the plane...

HolyDiver
01-07-2008, 11:01 AM
We could trade down and draft Tyson Jackson.DE, LSU...............He's alot like Trevor Pryce and could play both DE and DT. then we could aquire atleast a 2nd round pick for our troubles.

BOSSHOGG30
01-07-2008, 11:47 AM
We could trade down and draft Tyson Jackson.DE, LSU...............He's alot like Trevor Pryce and could play both DE and DE. then we could aquire atleast a 2nd round pick for our troubles.

Sounds versatile, can he play DT as well?

HolyDiver
01-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Sounds versatile, can he play DT as well?

Well, I can't say that I've seen him do it..............But he is the same size as Pryce was and I just feel that he could. He has a nice bullrush Like Trevor did................Watch him play tonight and let me know what you think.

MHCBill
01-07-2008, 12:48 PM
He's alot like Trevor Pryce and could play both DE and DE. Wow, he does sound dynamic!

Versatile too... plays both DE and DE.

MHCBill
01-07-2008, 12:50 PM
In all seriousness I will be checking his play tonight. He is the type of DE I think we need to get back to.

280-290lbs.

Stop the run and force 3rd and longs. Let Moss and Doom rush on passing downs.

We must get a bigger, more aggressive defensive line coupled with a coordinator that believes in attack style defense with a touch of creativity with his blitz schemes.

HolyDiver
01-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Wow, he does sound dynamic!

Versatile too... plays both DE and DE.

OOPS...............I meant DE and DT.

HolyDiver
01-07-2008, 12:54 PM
In all seriousness I will be checking his play tonight. He is the type of DE I think we need to get back to.

280-290lbs.

Stop the run and force 3rd and longs. Let Moss and Doom rush on passing downs.

We must get a bigger, more aggressive defensive line coupled with a coordinator that believes in attack style defense with a touch of creativity with his blitz schemes.

Checkout Craig Steltz too..............I want us to draft him and Silva. These two guys are my top two Safeties in ALL of College football.

MHCBill
01-07-2008, 01:11 PM
Better than Kenny Phillips?

CoachChaz
01-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Steltz isn't in the same league as Phillips.
________
No2 Vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/no2-vaporizer/)

HolyDiver
01-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Better than Kenny Phillips?

Well, I know Kenny Phillips is the popular, sexy pick..............I'm just looking for good ball players. I saw some Miami games and I can honestly say, Phillips never caught my attention.................Steltz and Silva both did big time.

HolyDiver
01-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Steltz isn't in the same league as Phillips.

He's not as flashy..............who the hell cares. He's a blue-collar Safety.

CoachChaz
01-07-2008, 01:25 PM
He's not as flashy..............who the hell cares. He's a blue-collar Safety.

But he's a SS. If Abdullah is being groomed for that role, I want a playmaker at the FS spot.
________
Best penny stocks (http://pennystockpicks.net/)

yardog
01-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Was it just me of did Abdullah look shacky this year as a starter?

tubby
01-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Was it just me of did Abdullah look shacky this year as a starter?

You mean Big Whiffer?

BOSSHOGG30
01-07-2008, 01:36 PM
I still like that safety from Penn State. I know Coach says he has a few problems, but so did Tenard Jackson and he is panning out well in Tampa.

yardog
01-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Tubby

That could be a problem. Then again it's Bates system and maybe thats the way you do it.

HolyDiver
01-07-2008, 01:59 PM
But he's a SS. If Abdullah is being groomed for that role, I want a playmaker at the FS spot.

Well, Silva IS a playmaker..............Steltz is very solid. Good all-around Safety..............Watch him tonight and let me know tomorrow what you think of Steltz.

BOSSHOGG30
01-07-2008, 02:11 PM
It is hard to judge LSU's secondary because their d-line is so good they help the secondary look even better. Steltz is a good player, but unlike Landry last season, he isn't dominating with the talent that is playing in front of him. Silva is awesome though, I think his is under-rated as well.

The best safety in the entire draft is Kenny Philips, but after that it might actually be two cornerbacks who will probably move to safety.

CoachChaz
01-07-2008, 02:13 PM
I still like that safety from Penn State. I know Coach says he has a few problems, but so did Tenard Jackson and he is panning out well in Tampa.

He'd just be hard to draft if he's in prison.
________
YAMAHA DX5 HISTORY (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_DX5)

BOSSHOGG30
01-07-2008, 02:14 PM
He'd just be hard to draft if he's in prison.

Come on Coach, he isn't that bad. He hasn't been in trouble for awhile now.

HolyDiver
01-07-2008, 02:15 PM
I would rather get a stud Linebacker or DT with our #1 pick and STILL be able to grab a potential starting Safety with a 3rd or 4th round pick. Steltz and Silva are not listed very high and could be had possible with an early 4th...............I say these two guys are going to be like Dumervil and Marshall. I'm going on what I've sen and gut feeling.

BOSSHOGG30
WMAJ Radio ESPN 1450 in State College is reporting that several felony charges against Penn State safety Anthony Scirrotto have been dropped.
According to the station, Scirrotto has been cleared of charges of burglary, simple assault and criminal trespass in connection to a downtown fight that occurred April. 1. The station said Centre County Common Pleas Judge Charles Brown dismissed the charges recently after considering testimony presented in a hearing last month.

However, WMAJ reports that a felony charge of criminal trespass and non-felony charge of harassment are still pending vs. Scirrotto.

MHCBill
Which PSU safety you talking about?

MHCBill
01-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Oh, Scirotto... eh, you think he's that good?

BOSSHOGG30
01-07-2008, 02:17 PM
On March 31, 2007, Scirrotto was accosted, assaulted and battered by two Penn State students after a confrontation with them and a third man on a State College street. As a result of the attack, the two assailants were charged with harassment and criminal mischief respectively. One of the assailants was accused of striking Scirrotto in the face and the other of slapping Scirrotto's cellular phone from his hand. [10] A Pennsylvania District Judge found both of Scirrotto's attackers guilty of those charges.[11]

In the early morning of April 1, 2007, less than an hour after the attack on Scirrotto, police allege that Scirrotto and several teammates were involved in a confrontation with Scirrotto's assailants and several others at an off-campus apartment party. As a result of the alleged confrontation at the apartment party, Scirrotto was charged with felony burglary and criminal solicitation, as well as four related misdemeanors. [12][13]On August 20, 2007, however, Centre County, Pennsylvania, Presiding Judge Charles C. Brown Jr. granted, in part, a Motion for Habeas Corpus, dismissing four of the six charges brought against Scirrotto. Presiding Judge Brown ruled that the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania failed to proffer the basic, prima facie evidence, necessary to submit Scirrotto to trial on charges of burglary, two counts of criminal solicitation, or assault. Judge Brown held that the Commonwealth did not offer any evidence that Scirrotto entered the apartment party with the intent to commit a crime therein. The Judge also ruled that there was no evidence that Scirrotto solicited any teammates to confront the men who had earlier attacked him. Additionally, Judge Brown held that there was no evidence that Scirrotto assaulted anyone in connection with the earlier attack upon him, or during the alleged apartment party confrontation.[14]

BOSSHOGG30
01-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Oh, Scirotto... eh, you think he's that good?

I think he is awesome. He also knows what to do with the ball in his hands too because he was used quite a bit on punt and kick return duties. What I like about him the most is the way he lays people out. I went to a lot of Penn State games and you heard the same three or four names on defense. Sean Lee, Dan Conner (a lot!), and Scirotto.

BOSSHOGG30
01-07-2008, 02:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=advEwRPE68w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft0obzUCgN0&feature=related

HolyDiver
01-07-2008, 02:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=advEwRPE68w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft0obzUCgN0&feature=related

Cannot access at work................Who is it of?

HolyDiver
01-07-2008, 02:23 PM
How about Zbikowski? I would take him still in the middle rounds.

BOSSHOGG30
01-07-2008, 02:27 PM
How about Zbikowski? I would take him still in the middle rounds.

I don't like Zbikowski, I think he is over-rated.

HolyDiver
01-07-2008, 02:28 PM
I don't like Zbikowski, I think he is over-rated.

I liked him alot better last year.

CoachChaz
01-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Scirotto has had a few felony charges droped, but out of the 12, I think he still has 5 pending. Not to mention numerous misdemeanor's
________
COLORADO MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES (http://colorado.dispensaries.org/)

BOSSHOGG30
01-07-2008, 02:38 PM
"We joke around too much for him to get down or get upset about (the off-field problems)," King said. "Scirrotto is a straight-up good guy. He's too goofy to do anything (bad) ... I can't say a bad thing about him."

Scirrotto, though, didn't hesitate to talk about his trying season. The one that was so different from 2006, when he led the Big Ten with six interceptions and made arguably the biggest hit of the bowl season when he leveled a Tennessee receiver trying to catch a pass in the middle of the field.

This season he had only three interceptions, one fumble recovery and no memorable hits. He had one fewer tackle (57) than he had in 2006. And it took a huge game in the regular season-finale at Michigan State (10 tackles, an interception returned 53 yards) to even come close.

He was a first-team All-Big Ten pick last year. He was only an honorable mention selection this season.

"It's been a tough year, but you've got to be able to deal with adversity on and off the field," Scirrotto said. "You don't want to have to deal with the off-the-field issues, but you got to take that stuff for what it's worth. You've got to be able to put it behind you when you're on the field.

"I could use it as an excuse, but I don't think it's affected my play at all. I feel like I'm a better football player. Maybe I didn't have as many opportunities, whereas last year I was in the right place at the right time.

Scirrotto said he still believes he is a better player this season.

"I'm stronger and faster than I was last year, and I feel like my technique has grown a lot throughout the season. I feel like I'm a better football player. Statistically, it might not look that way, but I definitely feel that way."

His defensive coordinator, Tom Bradley, believes that, too. He said he hasn't noticed if the off-field problems have affected Scirrotto.

"Everybody, sometimes, reads (too much) into statistics, but I think he's had an excellent season," Bradley said. "We ask him to do an awful lot, he doesn't get a break. And he hasn't really had a backup. We haven't really had an opportunity to rest him.

"So a lot of times he's in there and people don't know he's banged up and nicked up, and we'd like to give him a rest and we can't, we just can't."

Certainly, the junior is durable, considering that tonight's Alamo Bowl will be his 26th straight start.

And he does have another year to improve.

Even a little more time to this season.

BOSSHOGG30
01-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Scirotto has had a few felony charges droped, but out of the 12, I think he still has 5 pending. Not to mention numerous misdemeanor's

He only has 1 velony charge left, all other have been dropped and it doesn't look like anything will come from the one that is left.

BOSSHOGG30
01-07-2008, 02:42 PM
Here you go Coach:

On March 31, 2007, Scirrotto was accosted, assaulted and battered by two Penn State students after a confrontation with them and a third man on a State College street. As a result of the attack, the two assailants were charged with harassment and criminal mischief respectively. One of the assailants was accused of striking Scirrotto in the face and the other of slapping Scirrotto's cellular phone from his hand. [10] A Pennsylvania District Judge found both of Scirrotto's attackers guilty of those charges.[11]

In the early morning of April 1, 2007, less than an hour after the attack on Scirrotto, police allege that Scirrotto and several teammates were involved in a confrontation with Scirrotto's assailants and several others at an off-campus apartment party. As a result of the alleged confrontation at the apartment party, Scirrotto was charged with felony burglary and criminal solicitation, as well as four related misdemeanors. [12][13]On August 20, 2007, however, Centre County, Pennsylvania, Presiding Judge Charles C. Brown Jr. granted, in part, a Motion for Habeas Corpus, dismissing four of the six charges brought against Scirrotto. Presiding Judge Brown ruled that the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania failed to proffer the basic, prima facie evidence, necessary to submit Scirrotto to trial on charges of burglary, two counts of criminal solicitation, or assault. Judge Brown held that the Commonwealth did not offer any evidence that Scirrotto entered the apartment party with the intent to commit a crime therein. The Judge also ruled that there was no evidence that Scirrotto solicited any teammates to confront the men who had earlier attacked him. Additionally, Judge Brown held that there was no evidence that Scirrotto assaulted anyone in connection with the earlier attack upon him, or during the alleged apartment party confrontation.[14]

CoachChaz
01-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Well, he's only a junior, so he'd probably benefit from staying for his senior year, clearing his name and improving his skills. He could be decent next year.
________
Ford cx (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_CX)

BOSSHOGG30
01-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Please god, if you will only grant me one wish:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgOdDkjUo1s

BOSSHOGG30
01-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Jamaal Charles

533 carries
3328 yards
6.24 per carry!
36 TD's!

BOSSHOGG30
01-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Just look at the speed!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnueBKSEHLw

EMB6903
01-08-2008, 02:24 AM
FA:
Corey Williams DT
Gibril Wilson S
Trades:
Draft:

i wouldnt mind Gibril Wilson in Denver.. very under-rated Safety. Rather have Kenny Phillips though.

EMB6903
01-08-2008, 02:27 AM
Checkout Craig Steltz too..............I want us to draft him and Silva. These two guys are my top two Safeties in ALL of College football.

they both arent close to Phillips as far as skills go, Ill take Hefney over both as well. I'd like steltz in the 4th round.. any earlier I wouldnt risk it.

HolyDiver
01-08-2008, 08:42 AM
I was disapointed in the little bit I saw of Steltz last night............I'll still stick with Jamie Silva...............But Steltz is not high up my list anymore. I would love Phillips, but I just would rather have Laurinitis or Sedrick Ellis in the 1st round. ...............Or Rey Maualuga if he comes out. I think Cargile will make a big improvement this next season.

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 08:59 AM
I was disapointed in the little bit I saw of Steltz last night............I'll still stick with Jamie Silva...............But Steltz is not high up my list anymore. I would love Phillips, but I just would rather have Laurinitis or Sedrick Ellis in the 1st round. ...............Or Rey Maualuga if he comes out. I think Cargile will make a big improvement this next season.

Come on scout...don't give up on your boy already.
________
Malaysian Cooking (http://www.cooking-chef.com/malaysian/)

BOSSHOGG30
01-08-2008, 09:05 AM
I have to admit I was pretty high on Rivers out of USC at first, but after watching the last two games, I don't see him as a 1st round talent. I think he gets a little boost from the talent that surrounds him. Maualuga was the real beast at linebacker for USC and Sedrick Ellis was quite impressive too.

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 09:06 AM
I have to admit I was pretty high on Rivers out of USC at first, but after watching the last two games, I don't see him as a 1st round talent. I think he gets a little boost from the talent that surrounds him. Maualuga was the real beast at linebacker for USC and Sedrick Ellis was quite impressive too.

Rivers is all speed. I think he can be a solid player in the NFL, but not as good as Ellis or Maualuga
________
Mflb Vaporizer (http://mflbvaporizer.com)

BOSSHOGG30
01-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Rivers is all speed. I think he can be a solid player in the NFL, but not as good as Ellis or Maualuga

Yeah, he will be good, but my high 1st round expectations were shot down, I think he is a good 2nd rounder though.

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 09:13 AM
Yeah, he will be good, but my high 1st round expectations were shot down, I think he is a good 2nd rounder though.

Depends. As far as LB's go, he's easily top 5 based on overall skill. That alone will get him into the 1st round easily. Especially if Maualuga and Laurinitis stay in school.
________
FLATHEAD ENGINE (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Chrysler_Flathead_engine)

HolyDiver
01-08-2008, 09:22 AM
Come on scout...don't give up on your boy already.

Not really giving up on him............But he did a few things I didn't like............One, when he got hurt, he should have left the field instead of jeopardizing his team. That pass right after his injury was almost a TD. Not his guy but he was no help there at all................He looked slow............I still like him but not nearly as much.

MHCBill
01-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Phillips

Phillips

Phillips

Phillips

The most value for our pick at #12.

I love Ellis too, but if Bates is around he'll be a waste in my opinion.

There isn't much downside to Phillips. Everyone else we could select at #12 will have some kind of question.

Ellis... Under utilized by Bates.

Connor... inside or outside, too small.

Rivers... product of talent around him, too small.

ETC.

MOtorboat
01-08-2008, 09:39 AM
I must be nuts, because I'm not as high on Kenny Phillips as everyone else...

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Phillips

Phillips

Phillips

Phillips

The most value for our pick at #12.

I love Ellis too, but if Bates is around he'll be a waste in my opinion.

There isn't much downside to Phillips. Everyone else we could select at #12 will have some kind of question.

Ellis... Under utilized by Bates.

Connor... inside or outside, too small.

Rivers... product of talent around him, too small.

ETC.

I want Phillips as well.

I agree Ellis would be a waste, but in a conventional defense, I'd love to see him and Thomas in the middle.

Connor has incentives that go beyond his size. Wouldn't mind him on the outside.

Rivers will be a good LB. Don't let the talent around fool you
________
Mt1 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Kawasaki_MT1)

HolyDiver
01-08-2008, 09:41 AM
This draft, after the first 10 picks or so, drops off considerably.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Sumthin about Silva though. John Lynch has nowhere near Phillips' athleticism, but we all know he's a player. I'd be giddy if we nabbed Silva in the mid rounds.

BOSSHOGG30
01-08-2008, 10:13 AM
I hope we bring in that kid from Oklahoma or Castille from Alabama and move them to safety.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-08-2008, 10:14 AM
Reggie Smith? Yeah, he could make the move...but he's likely a late #1/early#2.

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 10:18 AM
I hope we bring in that kid from Oklahoma or Castille from Alabama and move them to safety.

Yeah, Reggie Smith will make a nice FS in the NFL, but I don't expect him to get out of the 1st round. Early 2nd at the latest.
________
Toyota ecom history (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_eCom)

HolyDiver
01-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Sumthin about Silva though. John Lynch has nowhere near Phillips' athleticism, but we all know he's a player. I'd be giddy if we nabbed Silva in the mid rounds.

I agree...........I'm hoping he last until our 4th round pick, but I see him going in the 3rd.

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 10:42 AM
Silva right now is only projected as a 5th or 6th rounder. If he goes earlier, someone isn't getting value out of their pick.
________
LEXUS OPEN HISTORY (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Lexus_Open)

SmilinAssasSin27
01-08-2008, 10:45 AM
I would literally cream myself if we got him in the 5th. He is a Lynch type. Get Kenny in the first and Silva later on...we may have the workings of a very solid Saftey tandom. If he doesn't excel there, I think at the very least he'll be a stud on ST.

HolyDiver
01-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Silva right now is only projected as a 5th or 6th rounder. If he goes earlier, someone isn't getting value out of their pick.

Well, alot of people missed on Dumervil and Marshall..............Good thing we didn't draft them higher than we did then.

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Well, alot of people missed on Dumervil and Marshall..............Good thing we didn't draft them higher than we did then.

I just see alot of better options at safety before him. I take him in the 5th if he's there, but no sooner.
________
Vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/vaporizers)

SmilinAssasSin27
01-08-2008, 11:14 AM
See...I don't see many options at all. The S position is quite thin this year. There are very few I'm sold on.

HolyDiver
01-08-2008, 11:15 AM
I just see alot of better options at safety before him. I take him in the 5th if he's there, but no sooner.

I would be happy to find him still there in the 4th round.

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 11:20 AM
I would be happy to find him still there in the 4th round.

I'd be shocked if he wasn't there in the 5th.

Phillips, Barrett, Smith, Decoud Hefney, Steltz, Griffin, Adams, Zbikowski, Woodyard, Castille, Horton, Wolfe, Parker, Demps, Barber...

Quite a few guys that could be taken ahead of him.
________
Ferrari 125 History (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_125)

HolyDiver
01-08-2008, 11:24 AM
I'd be shocked if he wasn't there in the 5th.

Phillips, Barrett, Smith, Decoud Hefney, Steltz, Griffin, Adams, Zbikowski, Woodyard, Castille, Horton, Wolfe, Parker, Demps, Barber...

Quite a few guys that could be taken ahead of him.

I hope you're right...............We would find another steal like 2006.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Could be, but shouldn't. Hefney sucks...so does Zbikowski. The ASU kid is slow and didn't show up in the bigger games. Sliva has been uberproductive, smart and has the measureables...He may not be a burner, but neither is Lynch. The way he plays, I think that can be worked around.

BOSSHOGG30
01-08-2008, 11:27 AM
I've spent the last few days watching film on Kenny Philips. This is what I see when watching him:

He's long and lean - just looked the part of an NFL DB since his first day of freshman year. Performs his best in zone coverage and is a superb open-field tackler. Good to adequate speed but not anything special. He's probably best suited as an in-the-box safety, and can defend the run extremely well. He flows to the ball well and shows flashes in his abilities to anticipate/jump in front of intermediate routes (esp. over the middle). This guy can really hit. Not to mention he's a very proud kid and the quiet-leader type.

On the other hand, he's a bit stiff in the hips and will get juked badly from time to time - might be more the result of over-aggressive pursuit than anything. He'll also get beat over the top, as he's not the world's best cover safety. Recovery speed is questionable. Wouldn't be my first choice to come down into man coverage and cover the slot in the NFL. I don't mean to trash his coverage abilities - he can cover, it's just that his weaknesses as a football player fall into that area, and every player has his weaknesses.

All in all, he grades out as a first round prospect - Top 20, in my opinion. Might slide if workout numbers are not eye-popping, which is entirely possible.

For those of you who like comparisons, I like him as a slightly better version of Sean Jones when he came out of Georgia, maybe even a little early-Rodney Harrison given his physical nature in the box. Alot of people want to compare him to Ed Reed, but I don't see it. His coverage skills at this point a little over-rated.

A great kid and a guy who will be a very good safety in the NFL if he falls in with the right defense.

MOtorboat
01-08-2008, 11:28 AM
So...another run-first safety that everyone wants to draft...

SmilinAssasSin27
01-08-2008, 11:30 AM
yep.......

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Ask 100 people and get 100 different responses.

Phillips has it all. From a physical standpoint, he has everything you want. He has excellent size and can match up with just about anyone in coverage. He also possesses the athleticism, quickness, and speed to fly around the field making plays. He is aggressive, active, and willing to do whatever it takes to get to the football. Phillips is a complete safety as he can attack the line of scrimmage in run support and make plays on the football in coverage. He has also earned All ACC honors for his success in the classroom, so he is getting it done off the field as well.

There is not much to dislike about Phillips? game. He is a rare safety that can do it all and is a legit Top 10 pick. If you want to pick things apart, he can go for the big hit a little too often instead of making the safe play.

Phillips was one of the first players to declare for the draft, and he is an almost certain selection in the top half of the first round. He is a playmaker in the secondary, and has all the skills to develop into a perennial pro bowler.
________
G4 TRANSMISSION (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_G4_transmission)

HolyDiver
01-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Ask 100 people and get 100 different responses.

Phillips has it all. From a physical standpoint, he has everything you want. He has excellent size and can match up with just about anyone in coverage. He also possesses the athleticism, quickness, and speed to fly around the field making plays. He is aggressive, active, and willing to do whatever it takes to get to the football. Phillips is a complete safety as he can attack the line of scrimmage in run support and make plays on the football in coverage. He has also earned All ACC honors for his success in the classroom, so he is getting it done off the field as well.

There is not much to dislike about Phillips’ game. He is a rare safety that can do it all and is a legit Top 10 pick. If you want to pick things apart, he can go for the big hit a little too often instead of making the safe play.

Phillips was one of the first players to declare for the draft, and he is an almost certain selection in the top half of the first round. He is a playmaker in the secondary, and has all the skills to develop into a perennial pro bowler.

Unless he's another Ed Reed, I would rather wait on drafting a Safety until the later rounds.

MOtorboat
01-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Unless he's another Ed Reed, I would rather wait on drafting a Safety until the later rounds.

Well, Ed Reed was taken 24th...

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 12:36 PM
How often do Ed Reed's come along? I think asking for a clone of him is a bit much, but Phillips could be that good.
________
Chrysler Norseman Specifications (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Chrysler_Norseman)

BOSSHOGG30
01-08-2008, 12:37 PM
How often do Ed Reed's come along? I think asking for a clone of him is a bit much, but Phillips could be that good.

exactly.... every year someone is compared to the Ed Reed type or the complete player type, but how many really pan out?

MHCBill
01-08-2008, 12:38 PM
HD, G, SA27 & MB who do you want #1?

Doesn't that player have more risk than Phillips?

Phillips will be a play-maker, in a position of need.

It's a no-brainer to me. No offense, just an opinion.

MOtorboat
01-08-2008, 12:42 PM
I am officially on the Ryan Clady bandwagon...makes sense to me since our LT of 10 years just stepped away from the game. HAVE to protect the young quarterback. Have to.

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 12:42 PM
It gets old. First we're looking for the next Elway, now we're looking for the next Atwater. There's a reason they have a hall of fame. Because some players just can't be equalled. Phillips is potentially the best defensive player available when we pick and he covers an area of significant need. No brainer to me, too.
________
Vermont medical marijuana dispensaries (http://vermont.dispensaries.org/)

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 12:43 PM
I am officially on the Ryan Clady bandwagon...makes sense to me since our LT of 10 years just stepped away from the game.

Unfortunately, Clady is probably the ONE LT in the top 10 prospects that has zero zone blocking experience.
________
JEEP FORWARD CONTROL (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Jeep_Forward_Control)

slim
01-08-2008, 12:43 PM
I am officially on the Ryan Clady bandwagon...makes sense to me since our LT of 10 years just stepped away from the game. HAVE to protect the young quarterback. Have to.

I'm with you...gotta build the trenches.

Requiem / The Dagda
01-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Unfortunately, Clady is probably the ONE LT in the top 10 prospects that has zero zone blocking experience.

You're joking right? Do you even know what you're talking about?

BOSSHOGG30
01-08-2008, 12:47 PM
First safety drafted each year

2007 Laron Landry
2006 Michael Huff
2005 Josh Bullocks
2004 Sean Taylor
2003 Troy Polamalu
2002 Roy Williams
2001 Adam Archuleta
2000 Rashard Anderson
1999 Cory Hall
1998 Donovin Darius
1997 Torrian Gray

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 12:48 PM
You're joking right? Do you even know what you're talking about?

No, I just make stuff up and pretend.
________
Lamborghini flying star ii specifications (http://www.lamborghini-tech.com/wiki/Lamborghini_Flying_Star_II)

MOtorboat
01-08-2008, 12:52 PM
First safety drafted each year

2007 Laron Landry
2006 Michael Huff
2005 Josh Bullocks
2004 Sean Taylor
2003 Troy Polamalu
2002 Roy Williams
2001 Adam Archuleta
2000 Rashard Anderson
1999 Cory Hall
1998 Donovin Darius
1997 Torrian Gray

Sometimes, Boss, you go off of history way too much..."don't draft WRs from Florida," "don't draft RBs from Cal," "Draft the first safety," ...You've got to judge on each individual player....

The trend says the safety will be a good one, but that's about the time we get the biggest bust ever...

HolyDiver
01-08-2008, 12:53 PM
HD, G, SA27 & MB who do you want #1?

Doesn't that player have more risk than Phillips?

Phillips will be a play-maker, in a position of need.

It's a no-brainer to me. No offense, just an opinion.

Sedrick Ellis.............Even if Bates is still the DC................Laurinitis or Rey Maualuga if available.

MOtorboat
01-08-2008, 12:54 PM
My other pick would be Otah...

I just think we need to go offensive line or defensive tackle...

MHCBill
01-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Thanks.

What's his risk?

Needs time to develop?

Too high at #12?

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Sedrick Ellis.............Even if Bates is still the DC................Laurinitis or Rey Maualuga if available.

Why would you want 2 pass rushing DT's to play as nothing more than hole pluggers?
________
EXTREME Q VAPORIZER (http://extremevaporizer.net/)

MOtorboat
01-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Thanks.

What's his risk?

Needs time to develop?

Too high at #12?

I don't think it's too high. He may need a little development, but he's got good size. He had to move well and block for a wide-open offense that worked out of pro-style formations, so I think he'd be a good fit. We need a solid LT to protect Cutler. I don't want him getting hit like Brodie Croyle got hit this year...and with Lepsis retiring, we've got to find that LT this year.

MOtorboat
01-08-2008, 12:57 PM
BTW...has Clady declared?

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 12:58 PM
BSU works out of every formation in the book. However, they do not run any zone blocking schemes that I've ever seen.
________
Health Store (http://herbalhealthshop.com)

slim
01-08-2008, 12:58 PM
I don't think it's too high. He may need a little development, but he's got good size. He had to move well and block for a wide-open offense that worked out of pro-style formations, so I think he'd be a good fit. We need a solid LT to protect Cutler. I don't want him getting hit like Brodie Croyle got hit this year...and with Lepsis retiring, we've got to find that LT this year.

I agree with you. But I would rather get the LT via FA or trade. Someone with experience that can come in and contribute right away.

But...build the freaking trenches. One way or another.

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 12:59 PM
BTW...has Clady declared?

Immediately after the Hawaii Bowl
________
CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY (PRE-1990) SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Chrysler_Town_and_Country_(pre-1990))

MHCBill
01-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Thanks.

Aren't you concerned that he will be extremely under utilized by Bates?

Not sure I'd call it a wasted pick, but not the value we need if all he's gonna do is hold up offensive linemen.

If we change defensive coordinators to an attack style get in the backfield scheme then I would be torn between Ellis and Phillips.

MHCBill
01-08-2008, 01:01 PM
I agree with you. But I would rather get the LT via FA or trade. Someone with experience that can come in and contribute right away.

But...build the freaking trenches. One way or another.Just to play devil's advocate... why did we draft Harris?

Sign a free agent for 3-5 years and do what with Harris?

We'll be bitchin three years from now that he was a wasted pick.

BOSSHOGG30
01-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Sometimes, Boss, you go off of history way too much..."don't draft WRs from Florida," "don't draft RBs from Cal," "Draft the first safety," ...You've got to judge on each individual player....

The trend says the safety will be a good one, but that's about the time we get the biggest bust ever...

I do and I agree, but my post shows that the NFL is pretty good when it comes to drafting NFL caliber safeties in the 1st round. I think that Phillips grades well and I do believe he will be the real deal. You have to play the odds just as much as you look at an individuals talents. You also have to understand why these Florida Gator receivers are putting up such good numbers compared to other wide receivers around the league. Same thing goes with Hawaii and Texas Tech and so on.

slim
01-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Just to play devil's advocate... why did we draft Harris?

Sign a free agent for 3-5 years and do what with Harris?

We'll be bitchin three years from now that he was a wasted pick.

He can play RT. If I see Pears out there next year I may puke.

MHCBill
01-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Boss is right.

You have to put everything into the equation. Including the history from certain schools, certain positions from schools, from certain positions drafted, etc.

BOSSHOGG30
01-08-2008, 01:05 PM
We can have the #1 ranked safety or the #3 or 4 ranked OT and you are afraid the safety has better odds of being the bust?

I like the #1 ranked player odd better.

BOSSHOGG30
01-08-2008, 01:07 PM
http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/200...-draft-status/

NEW ORLEANS — While the senior Louisiana State defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey is seemingly the front-runner to be the first overall pick in April’s N.F.L. draft, his stock could be impacted by a right knee injury that he sustained earlier this season.

The 6-foot-2, 303-pound Dorsey strained the knee during an Oct. 20 game against Auburn after enduring a chop block and was hampered by it the rest of the season. Yet he still won Nagurski Award, Lombardi Award, Outland Trophy and Lott Award this season.

Gil Brandt, the former Dallas Cowboys executive and an analyst for nfl.com, said he expected Dorsey’s knee to be heavily scrutinized by N.F.L. team doctors at the N.F.L. combine in February.

Dorsey could find himself in a draft situation similar to Minnesota Vikings tailback Adrian Peterson, Brandt said. Many believed Peterson was the best prospect in last year’s N.F.L. draft, but he was selected seventh over all because he was coming off a broken collarbone and had been hampered by injuries his previous two seasons.

“I would imagine that there’s some concern with his knee,” Brandt said of Dorsey in a telephone interview. “The teams’ doctors, 25 of them might say, ‘There’s nothing wrong with this guy. He’s in great shape.’ Seven might say, ‘Well, I think he’s a risk.’”

But because Dorsey plays defensive tackle, a position more coveted in the N.F.L., his value may ultimately outweigh possible concerns about his knee, Brandt said. If he was the No. 1 overall pick in the N.F.L. Draft, he would be the first defensive tackle selected in that spot since the Cincinnati Bengals took Ohio State’s Dan Wilkinson in 1994.

“He’s a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful human being,” Brandt said of Dorsey. “He’s a great, great person. He’s one of the nicest, politest guys you’ll ever meet in your life. The guy is unbelievable athletically. The guy’s got everything you want in a good football player.”

So will Dorsey’s knee injury negatively affect him in the draft? Will he be the first pick? Why or why not? If not, who will be?

MHCBill
He can play RT. If I see Pears out there next year I may puke.From what I've read Harris has NEVER played RT.

Doesn't mean he can't, but I would think that he was drafted to become the Broncos next LT.

They knew Lepsis was done in 2-3 years and they felt that drafting an athletic LT this year would give him time to develop.

Unfortunately Lepsis retired in one year so now the development time has leaped quickly ahead.

If we sign a free agent offensive lineman my guess is Jordan Gross to play RT.

BOSSHOGG30
If Dorsey slides, he is my guy though over Phillips because I think DT is a bigger need and Dorsey ranks as the best player in the entire draft if you ask me.

slim
01-08-2008, 01:08 PM
From what I've read Harris has NEVER played RT.

Doesn't mean he can't, but I would think that he was drafted to become the Broncos next LT.

They knew Lepsis was done in 2-3 years and they felt that drafting an athletic LT this year would give him time to develop.

Unfortunately Lepsis retired in one year so now the development time has leaped quickly ahead.

If we sign a free agent offensive lineman my guess is Jordan Gross to play RT.

Well, I hope you're right. We need to find a pro-bowl caliber LT. I don't care where he comes from.

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 01:10 PM
I see him getting past Miami, but not much farther. Chris Long is a Parcells type of guy, so I see STL nabbing Dorsey to pair with Carriker. That means Ellis probably goes to KC.
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD (http://mmjp.org)

BOSSHOGG30
01-08-2008, 01:10 PM
The Broncos are really high on Harris from all the articles I've read and one positive I noticed right away is how bad the Notre Dame offensive line became after Harris left. He must be pretty athletic and talented to get so much praise.

MOtorboat
01-08-2008, 01:33 PM
The Broncos are really high on Harris from all the articles I've read and one positive I noticed right away is how bad the Notre Dame offensive line became after Harris left. He must be pretty athletic and talented to get so much praise.

Didn't they lose three offensive lineman, a running back, a quarterback and a wide receiver the same year?

That's hard to replace. So its hard to tell if it was Harris or not.

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Didn't they lose three offensive lineman, a running back, a quarterback and a wide receiver the same year?

That's hard to replace. So its hard to tell if it was Harris or not.

Samardzija was a tough loss. Be nice to see what he could have done in the NFL as opposed to his 3-8 record and 4.95 ERA in A ball.
________
Honda Mr50 History (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_MR50)

MOtorboat
01-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Samardzija was a tough loss. Be nice to see what he could have done in the NFL as opposed to his 3-8 record and 4.95 ERA in A ball.

There's still time, he's fairly young...maybe he'll do that again and come play wide receiver for the Broncos. The next Eddie Mac...after Kircus, after Stokley, whatever, but yeah.

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 01:43 PM
There's still time, he's fairly young...maybe he'll do that again and come play wide receiver for the Broncos. The next Eddie Mac...after Kircus, after Stokley, whatever, but yeah.

Well, he showed a little better flash in his brief stint in AA. He was 3-3 with a 3.41 ERA, but he only has 2 pitches. A solid fastball and an OK change-up. Better come up with alot more if he wants to make it to Chicago.
________
Alaska dispensaries (http://alaska.dispensaries.org/)

HolyDiver
01-08-2008, 01:50 PM
I would think the only reason someone would actually play baseball.............is if they cannot play football..............He could be having a nice career in the NFL.

BOSSHOGG30
01-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Does any team in the NFL own the rights to Samardzija? That would be one heck of a Walker replacement.....

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 01:53 PM
I would think the only reason someone would actually play baseball.............is if they cannot play football..............He could be having a nice career in the NFL.

Yeah, but if he is more confident in his skills as a pitcher, I think making 10-12 million a year in the Cubs organization, while working every 5th day is a bit cushier.
________
DODGE MATADOR (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Dodge_Matador)

HolyDiver
01-08-2008, 02:13 PM
Yeah, but if he is more confident in his skills as a pitcher, I think making 10-12 million a year in the Cubs organization, while working every 5th day is a bit cushier.

More IF'S playing baseball though.............He's only in AAA, right?

BOSSHOGG30
01-08-2008, 02:18 PM
So he is either afraid to get hurt playing football, or he is all about the money.

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 02:21 PM
More IF'S playing baseball though.............He's only in AAA, right?

AA right now.

I think it all comes down to preference. If baseball is his first love, then good for him to chase his dream. Charlie Ward might have been a better football player than at basketball...we'll never know.
________
Honda Life Specifications (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_Life)

HolyDiver
01-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Too bad Bo Jackson didn't just play football only................minus a freak injury, he could have been the greatest back of all-time............But playing part time, it's hard to know for sure what he could have done.

BOSSHOGG30
01-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Too bad Bo Jackson didn't just play football only................minus a freak injury, he could have been the greatest back of all-time............But playing part time, it's hard to know for sure what he could have done.

I would agree, but only if he played for another team that wasn't in our division.

HolyDiver
01-08-2008, 02:29 PM
I would agree, but only if he played for another team that wasn't in our division.

I remember one year, he was voted to the pro bowl after playing the entire baseball season..............might have even included playoffs, I can't remember............But he averaged over 6 a carry..............I'll go get his stats from that year............

HolyDiver
01-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Season Team(s) Games Rushing Receiving Fumbles Total
1987 LAI 7 81 554 6.8 4 16 136 8.5 2 2 36
1988 LAI 10 136 580 4.3 3 9 79 8.8 0 5 18
1989 LAI 11 173 950 5.5 4 9 69 7.7 0 1 24
1990 LAI 10 125 698 5.6 5 6 68 11.3 0 3 30

No, I guess his pro bowl year was in 1989

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 02:32 PM
I remember one year, he was voted to the pro bowl after playing the entire baseball season..............might have even included playoffs, I can't remember............But he averaged over 6 a carry..............I'll go get his stats from that year............

Made the All-Star team and hit a home run in the All-Star game that same year as well. He was an okay athlete.

But as far as making the right choice. I remember a TE from Auburn that could have played in the NFL, but chose baseball instead. He made a pretty wise choice....Frank Thomas.
________
NEW MEXICO MARIJUANA DISPENSARY (http://newmexico.dispensaries.org/)

HolyDiver
01-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Made the All-Star team and hit a home run in the All-Star game that same year as well. He was an okay athlete.

But as far as making the right choice. I remember a TE from Auburn that could have played in the NFL, but chose baseball instead. He made a pretty wise choice....Frank Thomas.

Frank who? ...............yeah, okay, he made a good choice.............I just hate baseball...................He has close to 500 homeruns doesn't he?

Requiem / The Dagda
01-08-2008, 02:33 PM
No, I just make stuff up and pretend.

Obviously, considering Boise State runs a ZBS. Why do you think the Packers drafted Colledge?

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 02:36 PM
Frank who? ...............yeah, okay, he made a good choice.............I just hate baseball...................He has close to 500 homeruns doesn't he?

513 right now
________
List Of Ford Taurus Models History (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/List_of_Ford_Taurus_models)

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Obviously, considering Boise State runs a ZBS. Why do you think the Packers drafted Colledge?

They drafted Colledge primarily because BSU typically runs a West Coast offense. However, they do not stress a ZBS because of the "Chameleon Offense" they run. Maybe you've heard of it.

With the multiple formations and schemes they run their offense out of, a ZBS would only be used and effective on a handful of plays.
________
Toyota hd engine (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_HD_engine)

Requiem / The Dagda
01-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Boise State uses the zone blocking scheme.

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 02:42 PM
Boise State uses the zone blocking scheme.

Fine...whatever. Tell Coach Petersen to give you better info next time.
________
BUY SILVER SURFER (http://vaporizers.net/silver-surfer-vaporizer)

BOSSHOGG30
01-08-2008, 02:45 PM
Boise St. technically doesn't use a zone blocking scheme but something similar to it. Most West Coast offenses do and that is what Boise St runs. JMO

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Boise St. technically doesn't use a zone blocking scheme but something similar to it. Most West Coast offenses do and that is what Boise St runs. JMO

...and in your opinion, why don't they use a ZBS while using a WCO?
________
ROOR BONG (http://roorbongs.org)

Requiem / The Dagda
01-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Fine...whatever. Tell Coach Petersen to give you better info next time.

The Boise State Broncos do run a zone blocking scheme. There's no "ifs" "ands" or "buts" about it. Clady as a player translates well here. Green Bay drafted Colledge for the same reason.

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 02:51 PM
The Boise State Broncos do run a zone blocking scheme. There's no "ifs" "ands" or "buts" about it. Clady as a player translates well here. Green Bay drafted Colledge for the same reason.

Okay...you know everything. Most of us have determined that by reading your posts in other threads. I have no time or patience for your crap.

Have a Coke and a smile and shut the fugg up.
________
New jersey marijuana dispensaries (http://newjersey.dispensaries.org/)

BOSSHOGG30
01-08-2008, 02:57 PM
The Boise St. games I've seen it seems like they use a little of both.

gap scheme and zone scheme that is....

Most teams believe you can run both schemes with equal efficiency, and one scheme makes the other better. I think Boise St does a great job of using both.

BOSSHOGG30
01-08-2008, 02:58 PM

Your right, they do run a few plays here and there, but alot of what the Boise State Broncos do comes down to gap blocking techniques. At least from what I see. Colledge was probably drafted because he has plenty of experience in pass blocking and he has the athletic ability to run the zone blocking scheme that Green Bay was switching to.

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 02:58 PM
The Boise St. games I've seen it seems like they use a little of both.

gap scheme and zone scheme that is....

Most teams believe you can run both schemes with equal efficiency, and one scheme makes the other better. I think Boise St does a great job of using both.

...and they do this because they run a million different formations and never stick to one offensive style.
________
Launch Box Vaporizer (http://mflbvaporizer.com)

BOSSHOGG30
01-08-2008, 03:00 PM
...and they do this because they run a million different formations and never stick to one offensive style.

Yep... Well they would be classified as a West Coast offensive style, but they implement different blocking techniques... mostly gap blocking techniques and not zone. Again, only from the limited games I've seen from them.

HolyDiver
01-08-2008, 03:11 PM
I think we can pick up a pretty damn good Tackle in the 4th round.............Well, the SECOND of our 4th round picks............the first one hopefully will be for Silva. We can come out of this with a good DT, LB'er, S and T in our first four picks. No reason to think 2 or more of these picks couldn't end up starting either.

MOtorboat
01-08-2008, 03:14 PM
I think we can pick up a pretty damn good Tackle in the 4th round.............Well, the SECOND of our 4th round picks............the first one hopefully will be for Silva. We can come out of this with a good DT, LB'er, S and T in our first four picks. No reason to think 2 or more of these picks couldn't end up starting either.

Didn't we do this last year?

I want a franchise left tackle dammit!

BOSSHOGG30
01-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Clady is a good player though and even though Boise State might not technically be a zone blocking school, they are pretty darn close to it. Clady would be able to contribute right away.

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 03:16 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to using the #12 on Clady or Otah and teaching them the system. We can get solid safeties later. Spending later picks on guys like Nic Harris and Wes Woodyard would be better values and solve that position for many years.
________
Civic (Fifth Generation) (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_Civic_(fifth_generation))

Requiem / The Dagda
01-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Of course Clady fits here, who is saying he doesn't again? :/

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Of course Clady fits here, who is saying he doesn't again? :/

No one said he didn't fit to begin with...but go ahead and take the credit for being right about something that never happened.
________
Cbr600f4i (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_CBR600F4i)

HolyDiver
01-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Our last two drafts:

Cutler, Sheffler, Marshall, Dumervil, Hixon, Kuper and Eslinger...............6 Offensive players 1 Defensive, 5 starters.

Moss, Crowder, Harris and Thomas.................3 Defensive players, 1 Offensive............1 starter, so far.

Total...............7 Offensive players...............4 starters, so far

4 Defensive players.............1 starter so far.

We need to have another Defensive draft with throwing in a Tackle and maybe a WR or RB late. Two great drafts when it's all said and done. Crowder and Moss both should end up starting or atleast seeing a ton of playing time...............Harris will also probably start.Every player we've drafted in the past two years could either start or play alot except for 2 players.............Hixon and Eslinger............and Hixon is playing well for the Giants in their return game.

HolyDiver
01-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Didn't we do this last year?

I want a franchise left tackle dammit!

We got a franchise Center in the 7th round...............We can do with O-linemen what we also seem to do second to none with our Runningbacks..................Draft later rounds and find a very good ballplayer.

BOSSHOGG30
01-08-2008, 03:26 PM
Zone blocking was created to handle moving defensive linemen. It is a simple concept, but it takes a lot of practice because it involves offensive linemen working in unison and decisions have to be made while the play is taking place. In zone blocking, you don't have a lot of different assignments, but you have a lot of techniques. It takes many repetitions to get the feel of working together as a unit. The diversity of zone blocking comes by the back running different angles and by the offense using different formations to confuse the defense. I like guys like Tony Hills out of Texas and Samuel Baker out of USC. I think they have quick feet and good mobility for big guys.

HolyDiver
01-08-2008, 03:34 PM
Zone blocking was created to handle moving defensive linemen. It is a simple concept, but it takes a lot of practice because it involves offensive linemen working in unison and decisions have to be made while the play is taking place. In zone blocking, you don't have a lot of different assignments, but you have a lot of techniques. It takes many repetitions to get the feel of working together as a unit. The diversity of zone blocking comes by the back running different angles and by the offense using different formations to confuse the defense. I like guys like Tony Hills out of Texas and Samuel Baker out of USC. I think they have quick feet and good mobility for big guys.

What round are they projected?

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Baker could go anywhere from mid 1st to early 2nd. Hills looks like a 3rd or 4th rounder.
________
Honda civic (seventh generation) history (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_Civic_(seventh_generation))

HolyDiver
01-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Now that Bates is gone, we could hopefully draft Sedrick Ellis..............if we don't trade back.

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Now that Bates is gone, we could hopefully draft Sedrick Ellis..............if we don't trade back.

With Bates gone...I can get on board with the idea of drafting Ellis.
________
BUY GRINDERS (http://www.vaporshop.com/grinders)

G_Money
01-08-2008, 03:45 PM
I'm suddenly more positive about possible DTs. Most of the guys I like would have been totally wasted by Bates. Ellis in the 1st or Moore in the 2nd is more appealing now.

This should also hopefully give Marcus Thomas a chance to actually play with his full arsenal, however, so we might not need as much DT revamping as we think. The right guy could make Peterson and Crowder more effective too.

Assuming it's not Slowik.

~G

BOSSHOGG30
01-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Ellis and Thomas! wow! Or Dorsey and Thomas if Dorsey was to fall for any dumb reason..WOW!

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 03:51 PM
I'm suddenly more positive about possible DTs. Most of the guys I like would have been totally wasted by Bates. Ellis in the 1st or Moore in the 2nd is more appealing now.

This should also hopefully give Marcus Thomas a chance to actually play with his full arsenal, however, so we might not need as much DT revamping as we think. The right guy could make Peterson and Crowder more effective too.

Assuming it's not Slowik.

~G

Excellent points. Although I am less opposed to drafting Ellis, I still think there are more pressing needs than DT in the first round...especially considering there is a good chance Ellis will be gone by 12
________
Honey oil (http://trichomes.org/hashish/honey-oil)

HolyDiver
01-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Ellis and Thomas! wow! Or Dorsey and Thomas if Dorsey was to fall for any dumb reason..WOW!

Yep............This is good news today........... Ellis could very well make it to 12.............Could Moss still play Linebacker?

BOSSHOGG30
01-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Yep............This is good news today........... Ellis could very well make it to 12.............Could Moss still play Linebacker?

I think Moss will add weight and stay at defensive end. If Moss shows us he can be an every down contributor, I wouldn't be surprised if Doom moves to linebacker or becomes trade bate, that is if Denver drafts a guy like Ellis or Dorsey to play next to Thomas.

G_Money
01-08-2008, 04:16 PM
I think Moss will add weight and stay at defensive end. If Moss shows us he can be an every down contributor, I wouldn't be surprised if Doom moves to linebacker or becomes trade bate, that is if Denver drafts a guy like Ellis or Dorsey to play next to Thomas.

Moss wasn't an every-down contributor last year and blew out his knee something fierce.

And he was considered a pass-rush specialist when he was drafted, just as Doom is now.

Let's see some actual production and health from Moss before we even begin to contemplate trading the only pass-rush threat we have, despite his limitations. That's 2 years away, IMO, not one.

I also don't think Moss or Doom can go to OLB, so we should still look for help there.

Which is why I'd still rather go LB in the first as Chaz says rather than DT, even with a potentially different scheme (if Slowik gets the job, who can say?).

Laurinaitis or Maualuga (if he comes out) over Ellis or any non-Dorsey DT, IMO.

~G

HolyDiver
01-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Moss wasn't an every-down contributor last year and blew out his knee something fierce.

And he was considered a pass-rush specialist when he was drafted, just as Doom is now.

Let's see some actual production and health from Moss before we even begin to contemplate trading the only pass-rush threat we have, despite his limitations. That's 2 years away, IMO, not one.

I also don't think Moss or Doom can go to OLB, so we should still look for help there.

Which is why I'd still rather go LB in the first as Chaz says rather than DT, even with a potentially different scheme (if Slowik gets the job, who can say?).

Laurinaitis or Maualuga (if he comes out) over Ellis or any non-Dorsey DT, IMO.

~G

I though he broke his leg and ligament injuries to his ankle?.............Not knee.

BOSSHOGG30
01-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Since Moss was brought in to play in Bates defense, I think we should trade Moss. He won't be as good in a base 4-3 defense. Yes MB, I know he played the 4-3 at Florida, but that doesn't make him an automatic 4-3 stud DE in the NFL.

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Since Moss was brought in to play in Bates defense, I think we should trade Moss. He won't be as good in a base 4-3 defense. Yes MB, I know he played the 4-3 at Florida, but that doesn't make him an automatic 4-3 stud DE in the NFL.

Maybe after seeing him in camp in a new scheme, but his talent is undeniable and I'd like to get a better look at him before dumping him for nothing. If he can't work in a 4-3, he's screwed, because he definately has no place in a 3-4.
________
DAIMLER MOTOR COMPANY (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Daimler_Motor_Company)

slim
01-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Maybe after seeing him in camp in a new scheme, but his talent is undeniable and I'd like to get a better look at him before dumping him for nothing. If he can't work in a 4-3, he's screwed, because he definately has no place in a 3-4.

Why can't he work in a 4-3? He played in a 4-3 his entire college career.

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Why can't he work in a 4-3? He played in a 4-3 his entire college career.

it says IF he can't work in a 4-3.

Read all the words, bubba
________
Free joomla themes (http://themesfree.org)

slim
01-08-2008, 04:26 PM
it says IF he can't work in a 4-3.

Read all the words, bubba

Just a simple question...jeeze, you would think I was Dream or something :elefant:

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Just a simple question...jeeze, you would think I was Dream or something :elefant:

Don't misquote me again *******.

You know I'm kidding *****
________
Buy silver surfer vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/silver-surfer)

slim
01-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Don't misquote me again *******.

You know I'm kidding *****

I know you love me....don't worry, I won't tell DC :elefant:

G_Money
01-08-2008, 04:43 PM
I though he broke his leg and ligament injuries to his ankle?.............Not knee.

Yeah, leg and ankle, sorry - was in a hurry.

So blew out his ankle and busted his leg something fierce. :beer:

I hope he has a better rehab than I did - my ankle's still jacked up after tearing ligaments in it a decade ago.

Gives me more time to sit on my ass and armchair QB tho. :cool:

~G

CoachChaz
01-08-2008, 04:45 PM

I hope he has a better rehab than I did - my ankle's still jacked up after tearing ligaments in it a decade ago.

~G

We're all brilliant on a computer...except HD. He's still a moron.
________
Ferrari inter (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_Inter)

BOSSHOGG30
01-08-2008, 04:45 PM

~G

And a damn good armchair QB at that. :beer:

HolyDiver
01-08-2008, 04:50 PM
We're all brilliant on a computer...except HD. He's still a moron.

Coach, you and I need to make a bet for the draft...............Whoever guesses the Broncos picks correctly, if any, can decide the other persons avatar or signature until the season starts.

HolyDiver
01-09-2008, 08:50 AM
Coach, are you avoiding my challenge?

CoachChaz
01-09-2008, 08:55 AM
Coach, are you avoiding my challenge?

Sorry dude...didn't see it.

I'll accept your challenge. When do we have to have our lists in?
________
FORD MODEL F PICTURE (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Model_F)

HolyDiver
01-09-2008, 09:07 AM
Sorry dude...didn't see it.

I'll accept your challenge. When do we have to have our lists in?

Before midnight, the eve of the draft..............So, officially, that Saturday morning at 12:00 A.M.

HolyDiver
01-09-2008, 09:07 AM
Now, what should the bet be?

CoachChaz
01-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Now, what should the bet be?

Whatever you want. This is a tough one since anything we really predict is more based on our wants compared to Denver's needs, but I'll give it a go. Let me know what you come up with.
________
FLINT EAST (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/Flint_East)

HolyDiver
01-09-2008, 09:20 AM
Whatever you want. This is a tough one since anything we really predict is more based on our wants compared to Denver's needs, but I'll give it a go. Let me know what you come up with.

I was thinking, to make this simple, that the winner will be whoever guesses the most Broncos draft picks correctly.............the winner could have 1 or 2 or more but we should also say, if neither has any, then it's a tie....................Loser has to put whater the winner says in a signature or whatever they have here, I still haven't figured some of this out.................but wherever it's placed, it will remain for 1 month, and the winner can change it a total of 4 times.....................So, how does that sound?

CoachChaz
01-09-2008, 09:26 AM
I was thinking, to make this simple, that the winner will be whoever guesses the most Broncos draft picks correctly.............the winner could have 1 or 2 or more but we should also say, if neither has any, then it's a tie....................Loser has to put whater the winner says in a signature or whatever they have here, I still haven't figured some of this out.................but wherever it's placed, it will remain for 1 month, and the winner can change it a total of 4 times.....................So, how does that sound?

Sounds good to me. So this is based simply on a name, right? We're not worried about where they are drafted, just whoever has the most names right.
________
N02 vaporizer (http://no2vaporizers.com)

HolyDiver
01-09-2008, 09:30 AM
Sounds good to me. So this is based simply on a name, right? We're not worried about where they are drafted, just whoever has the most names right.

Correct..............But we should say, that should be used as a tie breaker...............If we both had two correct picks, but one had the round(s) picked correctly, than that would break the tie.

CoachChaz
01-09-2008, 09:32 AM
Correct..............But we should say, that should be used as a tie breaker...............If we both had two correct picks, but one had the round(s) picked correctly, than that would break the tie.

Works for me. Once we draw up the final specs, you can start a thread for it so everyone is a witness.
________
List Of Chrysler Platforms History (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/List_of_Chrysler_platforms)

HolyDiver
01-09-2008, 09:55 AM
Works for me. Once we draw up the final specs, you can start a thread for it so everyone is a witness.

Are you sure you want to be PUBLICLY humiliated?

CoachChaz
01-09-2008, 09:57 AM
Are you sure you want to be PUBLICLY humiliated?

Isn't that the point of this to begin with?
________
Volcano Vaporizers (http://www.vaporshop.com/volcano-vaporizer.html)

HolyDiver
01-09-2008, 10:13 AM
Isn't that the point of this to begin with?

Well of course.

CoachChaz
01-09-2008, 10:16 AM
Well of course.

I'm okay with it. We both embarrass ourselves enough around here, so It's not a big deal.
________
HERBAL VAPORIZERS (http://vaporizer.org/)

HolyDiver
01-09-2008, 10:24 AM
I'm okay with it. We both embarrass ourselves enough around here, so It's not a big deal.

I have s few surprise picks in mind that hopefull, I'm on the same page as the Broncos on draft day.

CoachChaz
01-09-2008, 10:26 AM
I have s few surprise picks in mind that hopefull, I'm on the same page as the Broncos on draft day.

I have some ideas in mind, too, that may be a bit surprising.
________
Halfbaked (http://half-baked.com)

G_Money
01-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Either of you is free to slot in my pick of Calvin Dawson from ULM as the next Broncos late-day/FA RB. ;)

He seems like our sort of pick for the position.

~G

CoachChaz
01-09-2008, 10:41 AM
Either of you is free to slot in my pick of Calvin Dawson from ULM as the next Broncos late-day/FA RB. ;)

He seems like our sort of pick for the position.

~G

Some of the names I've been looking at are the unpopular picks. If he declares, I really like Darry Beckwith.
________
JEEP HURRICANE SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Jeep_Hurricane)

G_Money
01-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Interesting.

I don't expect him to come out - with Highsmith outta there and a potentially healthy season ahead he could jump a round easy with a good year.

Of course, with his DC having left maybe he'd feel it's time...I just don't expect it.

Would you think he'd stick at Mike? The kid can be a punishing hitter, I'll say that.

~G

BOSSHOGG30
01-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Don't everyone get too excited and go out and start looting and burning down stuff... but I have great news....
The Steelers are expected to allow FB Dan Kreider to hit the free agent market this offseason.

Carey Davis has become a preferred option in Bruce Arians' attack, which requires pass catching at fullback. Kreider, 30, is an old fashioned lead blocker.
Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

CoachChaz
01-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Interesting.

I don't expect him to come out - with Highsmith outta there and a potentially healthy season ahead he could jump a round easy with a good year.

Of course, with his DC having left maybe he'd feel it's time...I just don't expect it.

Would you think he'd stick at Mike? The kid can be a punishing hitter, I'll say that.

~G

He might have to add a few pounds to play the Mike in the NFL, but I think the kid will be a complete stud. I like him more than Highsmith already. I can't remember where I read it, but i do remember reading that he was about 50/50 on his decision to declare. If he does, I'd be all over him.
________
Suzuki gsx-r600 history (http://www.suzuki-tech.com/wiki/Suzuki_GSX-R600)

mclark
01-09-2008, 11:49 AM
I would rather get a stud Linebacker or DT with our #1 pick and STILL be able to grab a potential starting Safety with a 3rd or 4th round pick. Steltz and Silva are not listed very high and could be had possible with an early 4th...............I say these two guys are going to be like Dumervil and Marshall. I'm going on what I've sen and gut feeling.

Steitz is probably a second rounder. I want help at DT and LB with our first two picks (unless circumstances dictate Phillips with our first pick, or unless we make free agent aquisitions to change our needs).

Given this secenario, since we don't have a third-round pick, we need to look for a safety in the fourth round. I'm looking at a couple of prospects: Bobby Williams, Bethune Cookman, in the fourth. And Corey Lynch, Appalachian State, in the 7th round. Both are ballhawks. Look at a first round safety in 2009.

Some people on the board don't like Sedrick Ellis, saying he's too small. He's too small to play Jim Bates DTackle, but that's no longer an issue. He's a tiny bit smaller than Dorsey (1" and 4 pounds); but he's even faster than Dorsey.

1. Glenn Dorsey
LSU
6-2
Sedrick Ellis
USC
6-1
Frank Okam
Texas
6-5

CoachChaz
01-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Steitz is probably a second rounder. I want help at DT and LB with our first two picks (unless circumstances dictate Phillips with our first pick).

Given this secenario, since we don't have a third-round pick, we need to look for a safety in the fourth round. I'm looking at a couple of prospects: Bobby Williams, Bethune Cookman, in the fourth. And Corey Lynch, Appalachian State, in the 7th round. Both are ballhawks. Look at a first round safety in 2009.

Some people on the board don't like Sedrick Ellis, saying he's too small. He's too small to play Jim Bates DTackle, but that's no longer an issue. He's a tiny bit smaller than Dorsey (1" and 4 pounds); but he's even faster than Dorsey.

1. Glenn Dorsey
LSU
6-2
Sedrick Ellis
USC
6-1
Frank Okam
Texas
6-5

Look at Nic Harris and Wess Woodyard in the 4th.
________
GRAPE APE PICTURES (http://trichomes.org/marijuana-strains/grape-ape)

HolyDiver
01-09-2008, 12:04 PM
On USC's site, Ellis is listed at 305............And to me, he looks like he weighs closer to that.

mclark
01-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Look at Nic Harris and Wess Woodyard in the 4th.

4th round might be a little high for Bobby Williams, but I'm thinking he will climb as the draft approaches. 14 interceptions over his career. 4.55 40 time is not so great. I like Quintin Demps but he won't be around in the fourth round.

Woodyard is interesting as a strong safety. But I'm think we need a good free safety more. Will Woodyard be able to play safety in the NFL. He was an outside linebacker at Kentucky, wasn't he?

Has Nic Harris declared for the draft? I see mock drafts that have him going in the first round if he does come out.

A guy I LOVE at safety (if he's fast enough to play it) is Derrick Dogget, from Oregon State. He played lineback at 215 this year and was dominant. But he can't play linebacker in the NFL at 215. Can he play safety? If so, keep an eye on him.

Corey Lynch, out of Appalachian State, had 24 career interceptions, making me interested in him in the seventh round. He's not very fast. 4.65. White man's disease.

CoachChaz
01-09-2008, 12:50 PM
4th round might be a little high for Bobby Williams, but I'm thinking he will climb as the draft approaches. 14 interceptions over his career. 4.55 40 time is not so great. I like Quintin Demps but he won't be around in the fourth round.

Woodyard is interesting as a strong safety. But I'm think we need a good free safety more. Will Woodyard be able to play safety in the NFL. He was an outside linebacker at Kentucky, wasn't he?

Has Nic Harris declared for the draft? I see mock drafts that have him going in the first round if he does come out.

A guy I LOVE at safety (if he's fast enough to play it) is Derrick Dogget, from Oregon State. He played lineback at 215 this year and was dominant. But he can't play linebacker in the NFL at 215. Can he play safety? If so, keep an eye on him.

Corey Lynch, out of Appalachian State, had 24 career interceptions, making me interested in him in the seventh round. He's not very fast. 4.65. White man's disease.

Woodyard will have to play safety in the NFL unless he gains 20 pounds or more.

I don't think Nic Harris would be a 1st rounder if he came out, which may convince him to stay.
________
VAPORIZER ANSWER (http://vaporizer.org/forum/vaporizer-questions/)

G_Money
01-09-2008, 03:46 PM
If William Moore (Willy Mo) from Missou comes out, he can play safety for me. Don't think he'd make the 4th round tho. I like Demps as well and would be perfectly happy if he fell to us.

But Woodyard has the makings of a monster in him. He moved to LB because that's what the team needed, not because he couldn't play safety. I'm curious to see if he leans up before the draft to try to make a play for safety or eats a bunch of ho-hos to try to stay at Will LB.

Woodyard can come play SS for me any time. We need both, and Woodyard back there could only help us, especially as a second-day pick with potential impact.

~G

HolyDiver
01-09-2008, 04:41 PM
If William Moore (Willy Mo) from Missou comes out, he can play safety for me. Don't think he'd make the 4th round tho. I like Demps as well and would be perfectly happy if he fell to us.

But Woodyard has the makings of a monster in him. He moved to LB because that's what the team needed, not because he couldn't play safety. I'm curious to see if he leans up before the draft to try to make a play for safety or eats a bunch of ho-hos to try to stay at Will LB.

Woodyard can come play SS for me any time. We need both, and Woodyard back there could only help us, especially as a second-day pick with potential impact.

~G

Actually, Urlacher played Safety at New Mexico............

mclark
01-10-2008, 11:26 AM
With Ellis, Phillips, Laurinitis, Connor and Rivers as possibilities at #12, I don't see us trading down.