11-04-2009, 04:49 PM
http://www.steelersfever.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Thread on forum:

http://www.steelersfever.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40974

View From The Press Box
http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-t...arent-exposed/

Maybe the Broncos aren’t exposed
November 3rd, 2009

Kyle Orton doesn’t throw interceptions, doesn’t get sacked and doesn’t make mistakes for that matter. It was hard to tell, while listening to Mike Tomlin, whether Orton is a quarterback or an exorcist — specifically of the ghost of John Elway, which has loomed over the Broncos since the two-time Super Bowl winner retired a decade ago.

Tomlin also pointed out that the Broncos are No. 1 in the NFL in total defense.

“The tape,” he said of a unit that is allowing less than 270 yard per game, “bears that out.”

Tomlin laid it on thick as usual at his weekly news conference Tuesday, the first portion of which is always dedicated to making the Steelers’ upcoming opponent sound like the Steelers’ dynastic teams of the 1970s.

But there is probably a lot of truth in one thing Tomlin said about the Broncos, and that is this: not too much should be read into their 30-7 loss to the Ravens last Sunday.

The loss followed the Broncos’ 6-0 start and presumably exposed a team that a lot of folks had figured wouldn’t win more than six games the whole season.

The Broncos did not play well in Baltimore to be sure. They barely generated any offense, gave up a kickoff return for a touchdown at the beginning of the second half and were uncharacteristically vulnerable against the run.

But that wasn’t just any 3-3 team Denver was playing.

The Ravens could have arguably taken a 6-0 record into last Sunday’s game. What’s more they had an extra week to regroup and stew over losing three consecutive close games. Baltimore, which has Super Bowl aspirations, also found itself in a game it had to win to stop the bleeding.

“I just think the Denver Broncos ran into a buzz saw,” Tomlin said. “It was going to be tough sledding if the All-Madden team came into Baltimore last weekend.”

The Steelers may experience something similar Monday night and not because Denver recently got socked with a snowstorm.

The Broncos returned home an angry bunch, and the best way for them to quiet any skeptics that re-emerged following their loss to the Ravens is to beat the reigning Super Bowl champions.

The Steelers could well find out in their nationally televised game against the Broncos that would happened to Denver in Baltimore was an aberration.

“It won’t be a surprise from my standpoint if we get Denver’s best absolute shot,” Tomlin said, “because they’re a quality team that’s well coached coming off a subpar performance.”
mesaSteeler is offline Reply With Quote

weazel
11-04-2009, 05:07 PM
kinda gets you excited for the game, huh!!!

Man, I can't wait. I want to see some freaking aggression!

SOCALORADO.
11-04-2009, 05:50 PM
kinda gets you excited for the game, huh!!!

Man, I can't wait. I want to see some freaking aggression!

Tomlins no fool, but i think some of these comments are directed at his team as well. They need to be fired up too, and giving the other team props in a round about way, is a good way to do it.

The Squeelers will be ready, and Tomlin will have his bag o tricks for this one.
I just dont think that PITT O-Line will hold up.
This is Nolans game to win in a way.
DEN defense has to kill Ben. Absolutely get after him the moment he snaps the ball, and just kill him.

Ravage!!!
11-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Tomlins no fool, but i think some of these comments are directed at his team as well. They need to be fired up too, and giving the other team props in a round about way, is a good way to do it.

The Squeelers will be ready, and Tomlin will have his bag o tricks for this one.
I just dont think that PITT O-Line will hold up.
This is Nolans game to win in a way.
DEN defense has to kill Ben. Absolutely get after him the moment he snaps the ball, and just kill him.

yeah.. we absolutly will need our defense to win this game. Meaning we can NOT get behind by much and let this team score in the second half..because f we get behind, and let their defense basically call the shots, thats going to leave us in trouble.

Nomad
11-04-2009, 06:00 PM
I hope McDaniel's focuses on blocking and tackling this week because they're going to need it.

Tackling is becoming a lost fundamental in the NFL!!

weazel
11-04-2009, 06:25 PM
I hope McDaniel's focuses on blocking and tackling this week because they're going to need it.

Tackling is becoming a lost fundamental in the NFL!!

The problem is tackles dont make the hilight reels. The knock down, lead with the head type hits are what gets these guys noticed. They all want to be on sportscenter at the end of the night and it hurts the team...