PDA

View Full Version : The "I hate this ex-Bronco" thread.

Poet
11-03-2009, 11:00 PM
I have created this thread as a place where you can vent about past Broncos that you hate. This includes ex QBs, coaches, etc etc etc.

I figure if I give you guys this place your threads can stay on topic better and you can have knockout and drag down fights here.

So, I'll start.

I hate Jay Cutler. I thought he had elite talent and could become a great QB. He still has elite talent and could be a great QB but right now he isn't a great QB, just a good one. I think he's a baby with too much pride and I don't think he's much of a leader. Unfortunately I do expect him to become one of the best QBs in the league eventually, although as it stands he isn't top five.

I hate Brandon Marshall. I hate to break this to you guys, he's still a selfish thug. He's just a less retarded selfish thug than he was a few months ago. He's not a good person, he won't ever be a good person, and he's playing hard for a new contract. No, this is not out of jealousy because Cincinnati has a better WR.

ETC ETC ETC. Please do not move this thread to smack because it serves another purpose.

I would also argue that since the past players (in general) are still so tied to the franchise that it has more relevance here than in the smack forum or anywhere else.

Thank You.

frauschieze
11-03-2009, 11:18 PM
Last time I checked, Brandon Marshall was still a Bronco. :hi:

slim
11-03-2009, 11:23 PM

Fact checking is not his strong suite....eating is.

Poet
11-03-2009, 11:29 PM

Oh yeah, derf derf. Oh wellz, the thread shall live on.

drewloc
11-03-2009, 11:33 PM
Past Bronco that I don't like? Probably Ashley Lelie, that guy thought he was more than what he was. He only ran one route, and his overall attitude sucks.

slim
11-03-2009, 11:37 PM
Eddie Kennison

camdisco24
11-03-2009, 11:51 PM
John Elway.

Just kidding, put your guns down.

Its gotta be Jay Cutler and Travis Henry, Cutler for being immature and Henry for being an idiot. Henry had potential and let us down.

Iron Horse72
11-04-2009, 12:00 AM
Kennison no doubt about it.

KCL
11-04-2009, 12:47 AM
Bill Romanowski

dogfish
11-04-2009, 01:08 AM
quitterson, romanowski, and bob slowick. . . .

BroncoWave
11-04-2009, 01:08 AM
Javon Walker

Superchop 7
11-04-2009, 02:22 AM
Nate Webster

Last years defense as a whole.

Anybody that didn't draft Maualuga.

Asssley Lelie

Eddie Kennison

Maurice Clarett

Melvin Bratton

Ted Greggory

Clarence Kay

(and when Orton becomes an "ex" Bronco you can add his name too)

broncophan
11-04-2009, 06:52 AM
Cutler and Michael Dean Perry...

Northman
11-04-2009, 06:54 AM
Hate is such a strong word. I have some Ex-Broncos i dislike but not really hate. There is only one i really hate and i hated him before he became a Bronco. I was so pissed at Shanahan for signing him.

Dale Carter- the lowest POS on the planet.

Nomad
11-04-2009, 07:21 AM
Hate is such a strong word. I have some Ex-Broncos i dislike but not really hate. There is only one i really hate and i hated him before he became a Bronco. I was so pissed at Shanahan for signing him.

That he is!! Hate is a strong word, I dislike some but Portis comes to mind!! I don't see why all the hate for Romo!

Tned
11-04-2009, 08:15 AM

He's Bengals' fan, they get confused easily ;)

Traveler
11-04-2009, 08:22 AM
1A- Romonowski. Just flat out couldn't stand him. Roided out player that couldn't compete with his natural talents. The spitting incident and his intentionally trying to injure Shannon's arm sealed the deal for me.

1B- Mark Haynes. Haynes thought he was much better than he really was. Simply got abused much of the time here and was an ******* as a person.

I have equal distain for both of them.

Tned
11-04-2009, 08:22 AM
I tend to not get as emotionally tied to individual players as some on here, so I don't get mad or offended when they leave, and I don't look at them as role models, so I don't get angry with them when their real-life warts show up.

Players and coaches (and even owners) come and go, the 'Broncos' are the players on the field today. It's nice to look back fondly on great player of years past (Elway, TD, Smith, Sharpe, Atwater, Mecklenberg, etc.), but the Broncos are the 61 players on the team now.

Having said that, I had an issue with Kennison quitting mid-season the way he did a day or so before a game, claiming he didn't have the heart to play football. Then, when he changes his mind and we don't take him back, he goes on and plays for years with KC.

Burned a lot of cap money on the Carter debacle.

frauschieze
11-04-2009, 08:34 AM
Hey Tned, who are the two players on the roster who aren't Broncos? :confused:

;)

Tned
11-04-2009, 08:38 AM
Hey Tned, who are the two players on the roster who aren't Broncos? :confused:

;)

Isn't it a 53 man roster and 8 man practice squad?

Anyway, it takes me about 5 hours to wake up, so if I have my roster numbers off, I claim "sleepy time" as the reason why. :D

frauschieze
11-04-2009, 08:43 AM
Isn't it a 53 man roster and 8 man practice squad?

Anyway, it takes me about 5 hours to wake up, so if I have my roster numbers off, I claim "sleepy time" as the reason why. :D

No, you're right. I'm the one who's not awake, as I apparently can't see the difference between a 5 and a 6. :tsk:

My cats don't believe in daylight savings time adjustments and are disrupting my sleep schedule, insisting that they are being abused because breakfast is so late. It's throwing me off.

Tned
11-04-2009, 08:44 AM
No, you're right. I'm the one who's not awake, as I apparently can't see the difference between a 5 and a 6. :tsk:

My cats don't believe in daylight savings time adjustments and are disrupting my sleep schedule, insisting that they are being abused because breakfast is so late. It's throwing me off.

I thought you might have see that as a 51 vs. 61, but since I am the King of typos, it was a 50/50 at best. :lol:

topscribe
11-04-2009, 09:09 AM
That he is!! Hate is a strong word, I dislike some but Portis comes to mind!! I don't see why all the hate for Romo!

I like Romo. He had issues, true, but he was a driving force behind a lot of the
Broncos' success during his era here, and I am grateful, actually.

Probably the ex-Bronco for whom I have the least use is Travis Henry . . .

-----

Slick
11-04-2009, 09:32 AM
I was really really mad at Roc Alexander for a while.

BroncoWave
11-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Lenny Walls

Dreadnought
11-04-2009, 09:41 AM
Travis Henry, Eddie Kennison, Calvin Lowry, Billy Jenkins (always good for a pointless 15 yard personal foul ), Daryl Gardener, Clarence Kay, Dale Carter, Micah Jenkins, Nate Webster, Marquand Manual, Marlon McCree, Roc Alexander, Sam Adams, George Foster, Bobby Humphrey, Javon Walker.

I don't exactly hate a lot of these guys, but I'm also sure glad they are all gone and that I never have to watch them play for the Broncos another down.

Bronco Bible
11-04-2009, 09:43 AM
I am still mad because Michael Dean Perry could not get his fat *** off the field vs Jacksonville in '96:tsk:

claymore
11-04-2009, 09:45 AM
I dont really hate any ex player...... I dislike plummer allot. I feel of any ex players.... he handled himself off the field and sometimes on the field worse than any other Bronco... He has real anger, and character issues.

Slick
11-04-2009, 09:45 AM
Tony Lily was on my shit list for a while also.

Dreadnought
11-04-2009, 09:50 AM

You're dating yourself :lol:

Brand
11-04-2009, 09:51 AM
"Simian" Rice was a joke.

Dortoh
11-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Michael Dean Perry is the single biggest **** up in the ******* world ******* fat slob

Homonowski
Assey Lilly
Quitterson

Dortoh
11-04-2009, 10:15 AM
I was really really mad at Roc Alexander for a while.

I actually kinda felt bad for that guy. :laugh:

pnbronco
11-04-2009, 10:45 AM
You're dating yourself :lol:

Slick I was thinking the same thing...hmmm

As players:

Kennison
Carter
Gardener

As people that I really don't like.
Portis
Henry
Cutler

Walker is just sad. I can see him in my head with all the blood on his shirt. I don't think I'll ever forget that interview when he talked about himself in the 3rd person, he really needed counseling and didn't get.

(I actually really liked Jake almost as much as Al and John Lynch and that says a lot. Romo was different the funny thing is that he did a lot of charity work when he was here in Denver and that never made the press, guess it wouldn't go with his bad boy image. Same with Jake he had 2 or 3 children's charities going on a once and helped a lot kids in Denver but they just kept posting his road rage and "the finger" incident. )

TXBRONC
11-04-2009, 10:49 AM
Michael Dean Perry is the single biggest **** up in the ******* world ******* fat slob

Homonowski
Assey Lilly
Quitterson

We actually got some decent play out Perry, something we never got out of Gardener and Adams.

Dortoh
11-04-2009, 10:49 AM
Slick I was thinking the same thing...hmmm

As players:

Kennison
Carter
Gardener

As people that I really don't like.
Portis
Henry
Cutler

Walker is just sad. I can see him in my head with all the blood on his shirt. I don't think I'll ever forget that interview when he talked about himself in the 3rd person, he really need counseling and didn't get.

I agree on Walker, dude went thru some crazy shit. I do however love that old man Davis gave him a shit load of $ for little to no production :laugh:

Dortoh
11-04-2009, 10:51 AM
We actually got some decent play out Perry, something we never got out of Gardener and Adams.

He cost us the Jagwad game and in hindsight (ya I know) possible back to back to back SB's

Not only would that have rocked but it would have ment ZERO SB's for Farve.

broncofaninfla
11-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Dale Carter and Eddie Kennison.

GEM
11-04-2009, 11:22 AM
Quitterson. One of my favorite Broncos pictures to this day is Ian Gold flipping him the bird. :laugh:

MileHighCrew
11-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Kennison and Simeon Rice. Both make me cringe

weazel
11-04-2009, 11:26 AM
I have created this thread as a place where you can vent about past Broncos that you hate. This includes ex QBs, coaches, etc etc etc.

I figure if I give you guys this place your threads can stay on topic better and you can have knockout and drag down fights here.

So, I'll start.

I hate Jay Cutler. I thought he had elite talent and could become a great QB. He still has elite talent and could be a great QB but right now he isn't a great QB, just a good one. I think he's a baby with too much pride and I don't think he's much of a leader. Unfortunately I do expect him to become one of the best QBs in the league eventually, although as it stands he isn't top five.

I hate Brandon Marshall. I hate to break this to you guys, he's still a selfish thug. He's just a less retarded selfish thug than he was a few months ago. He's not a good person, he won't ever be a good person, and he's playing hard for a new contract. No, this is not out of jealousy because Cincinnati has a better WR.

ETC ETC ETC. Please do not move this thread to smack because it serves another purpose.

I would also argue that since the past players (in general) are still so tied to the franchise that it has more relevance here than in the smack forum or anywhere else.

Thank You.

Boomer Esiason...

a Bungles fan shouldnt be on here getting us to hate on our own team.

Lonestar
11-04-2009, 11:27 AM
well contary to popular opinion I do not hate any bronco players..

I do not care for a bunch of them as a general rule anyone that mike DAFTED, anyone that mike signed as a FA, mikey as a GM, slowitt, coyer and as genreal rule any of any of mike coaches.

one that Top will not agree with was Little while he was a pretty good RB any RB that consistently run down from behind by almost all of the KC LB's does not do teh job for me.

smith49
11-04-2009, 11:27 AM

i second that. that guy could'nt cover his own ass, and he tackled like a girl. i cant tell you how many times my older brother and i would watch the game while we bitched and moaned about that guy.

and for the record, i did'nt mind romo as a bronco, but as a raider he was awful. its funny how, if we knew about to what we know now, would we think the whole spitting thing was so bad. i mean, to is a pos, and im sure he was talkin all sorts of crap when the incident accured, not that it makes ok to spit in someones face, just sayin.

GEM
11-04-2009, 11:40 AM
http://www.broncoscountry.com/resources/citizen_uploads/photos/26689/photo107.

One of my favorite pics. :D

Poet
11-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Boomer Esiason...

a Bungles fan shouldnt be on here getting us to hate on our own team.

Yo mama.....for not giving her child reading comprehension skillz.

NightTrainLayne
11-04-2009, 11:55 AM
It's irrational that one play could leave such an indelible mark, but the only ex-Bronco that I actually hate is Michael Dean Perry.

broncofaninfla

LMAO!!! Love it!!!

TXBRONC

The original mile high salute. :D

weazel
11-04-2009, 12:05 PM
Yo mama.....for not giving her child reading comprehension skillz.

I'm not the one who started a thread calling out EX-players and the n referring a current player in Marshall.

Whats your IQ, 40?

I was just joking around with you but if your that in love with Boomer, you have bigger issues. I take it back, Boomer was a God!

GEM
11-04-2009, 12:17 PM
Alright guys, come on. This is a fun thread, let's keep it on track and get away from the personal stuff....mmmmkay.

Poet
11-04-2009, 12:20 PM
I'm not the one who started a thread calling out EX-players and the n referring a current player in Marshall.

Whats your IQ, 40?

I was just joking around with you but if your that in love with Boomer, you have bigger issues. I take it back, Boomer was a God!

Boomer couldn't hold Kenny Anderson's jock. And if Boomer was a god then Cincinnati got shafted on getting a football god.

weazel
11-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Boomer couldn't hold Kenny Anderson's jock. And if Boomer was a god then Cincinnati got shafted on getting a football god.

gotta admit, that CIN - SF Superbowl was an entertaining game though... I was pulling for the Bengals.

Northman
11-04-2009, 12:56 PM

Im always torn with Romo. He was great on the field but his character led a lot to be desired. Incidents like he had with the Raiders player that he damaged the guys eye socket or something to that effect and the spitting in JJ Stokes face just is beyond human decency. I know without him we may not have won our SB's but he isnt "man of the year" with me either.

dogfish
11-04-2009, 01:00 PM
Im always torn with Romo. He was great on the field but his character led a lot to be desired. Incidents like he had with the Raiders player that he damaged the guys eye socket or something to that effect and the spitting in JJ Stokes face just is beyond human decency. I know without him we may not have won our SB's but he isnt "man of the year" with me either.

i've heard other fans say we wouldn't have won those super bowls without romo, and i think that's horseshit. . . . those teams were freakin' stacked!

Dortoh
11-04-2009, 01:03 PM
i've heard other fans say we wouldn't have won those super bowls without romo, and i think that's horseshit. . . . those teams were freakin' stacked!

I agree but as much as I dislike Romo he did bring a certain nasty streak to the LB core something like what we lost when Al Wilson retired/left and what we gained with Dawkins this year in the secondary.

Northman
11-04-2009, 01:03 PM

Yea, but if you look at how well Romo was where he needed to be with the blitz packages its hard not to say he played a pretty big role. Not too mention his leadership on the defense as well. Again, im not saying he is the best thing since slice bread but im not going to say we would of been just as successful without him.

TXBRONC
11-04-2009, 02:06 PM

Terrell Davis once said that Shannon Sharpe is the kind of guy you like as teammate but can't stand him when he plays for the opposition. I think the same is true with Romo.

Devilspawn
11-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Romo's doing Raider games now and he seems to be like the only one who cares about the team. His intensity in the studio > the players on the field x 10, save a few.

Poet
11-04-2009, 02:18 PM
Romo's doing Raider games now and he seems to be like the only one who cares about the team. His intensity in the studio > the players on the field x 10, save a few.

He'd probably be your best LB if he stepped on the field.

claymore
11-04-2009, 02:19 PM

Especially if he was hopped up on roids.

Dortoh
11-04-2009, 02:20 PM
He might just be their best QB also

Poet
11-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Especially if he was hopped up on roids.

Yeah, Romo wasn't exactly a good person. That and the whole "I just punched my teammate in the eye so hard that he was almost blinded" deal doesn't make me want to sing his praises.

Ravage!!!
11-04-2009, 02:21 PM
I liked Romo.. I don't want my LBs to be 'nice' guys. I like the nasty, edgy, streak. Romo played HARD... his intensity was rarely matched. He had fire that helped our defense, and it DID help our defense. I wish we had more like Romo today.

Kennison is the only one I can say I have a 'hate' for. Any guy that would quit on your team like he did, gets absolutely no respect from me as a fan of the Broncos, a fan of the game, or a person with any kind of intregrity to those I consider teammates.

He's a loser, and will aways be considered a loser.

claymore
11-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Yeah, Romo wasn't exactly a good person. That and the whole "I just punched my teammate in the eye so hard that he was almost blinded" deal doesn't make me want to sing his praises.

Sometimes you mess with someone you shouldnt have. :D

dogfish
11-04-2009, 02:24 PM
I liked Romo.. I don't want my LBs to be 'nice' guys. I like the nasty, edgy, streak. Romo played HARD... his intensity was rarely matched. He had fire that helped our defense, and it DID help our defense. I wish we had more like Romo today.

i agree that you don't want nice guys at LB (or any position on defense!), but you don't have to be a lying, cheating, roid-raging cheapshot artist piece of garbage to play with an edge. . . steve atwater wasn't a douchebag, and he was a more intimidating presence than romanowski, and three times the player. . . .

Devilspawn
11-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Morrison and Howard are decent enough.

Dortoh
11-04-2009, 02:26 PM

Kennison is the only one I can say I have a 'hate' for. Any guy that would quit on your team like he did, gets absolutely no respect from me as a fan of the Broncos, a fan of the game, or a person with any kind of intregrity to those I consider teammates.

He's a loser, and will aways be considered a loser.

Fair enough, but where do you stand on your Lbers spitting on people and beating the shit out of their teammates?

Poet
11-04-2009, 02:27 PM
Fair enough, but where do you stand on your Lbers spitting on people and beating the shit out of their teammates?

Felonies build character.

Ravage!!!
11-04-2009, 02:31 PM

SPitting is bad sportsmanship. No way I can condone that kind of behavior in the least bit. But its that kind of fire (without the actually spitting) that I love in a LB.

Beating the shit out of the teammate has no excuses. We see fights on football teams ALLLL the time. In fact, many big college programs and some NFL teams ENCOURAGE it during TCs. Nonetheless, I don't defend Romo for that at all. But that action/mistake doesn't make me 'hate' him in the least. Makes me not respect him as a person, but not hate him.

Dreadnought
11-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Kevin Kasper's bleach blonde hair chapped my ass some.

Poet
11-04-2009, 02:43 PM

You know who I really hate? Brandon Stokely, what a dick.

TXBRONC
11-04-2009, 02:45 PM
i agree that you don't want nice guys at LB (or any position on defense!), but you don't have to be a lying, cheating, roid-raging cheapshot artist piece of garbage to play with an edge. . . steve atwater wasn't a douchebag, and he was a more intimidating presence than romanowski, and three times the player. . . .

Yep just ask Christian Okoye what kind of intimidating presences Steve Atwater was. :beer:

Poet
11-04-2009, 02:49 PM
Atwater is my favorite safety of all time. Why he isn't in the HOF is beyond me but it's stupid.

pnbronco
11-04-2009, 02:51 PM

That imagine in my head is something else Dread......:lol:

pnbronco
11-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Yep just ask Christian Okoye what kind of intimidating presences Steve Atwater was. :beer:

Meck said in his book that Dennis Smith had those kind of hits all the time, in fact he knocked Karl out in a game. He had a great line like if they gave fines in those days like they gave Lynch, Dennis would have owed the NFL a check at the end of the season.

pnbronco
11-04-2009, 02:54 PM
You know who I really hate? Brandon Stokely, what a dick.

King I understand your pain. BUT be nice to my kid.....:D

Poet
11-04-2009, 02:55 PM
King I understand your pain. BUT be nice to my kid.....:D

He cheated on that play, he totally "traveled". Even the NBA refs would have called that. :shocked:

TXBRONC
11-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Meck said in his book that Dennis Smith had those kind of hits all the time, in fact he knocked Karl out in a game. He had a great line like if they gave fines in those days like they gave Lynch, Dennis would have owed the NFL a check at the end of the season.

Smith was a hard hitter but I think Atwater just that much better.

Northman
11-04-2009, 03:01 PM
He cheated on that play, he totally "traveled". Even the NBA refs would have called that. :shocked:

Your just pissed because the white boy could actually dunk. :lol:

Northman
11-04-2009, 03:02 PM
Smith was a hard hitter but I think Atwater just that much better.

Atwater is my second favorite behind John but watching that SB vs SF both he and Dennis got owned a lot. Still, i would at least want Atwater in the HOF.

Poet
11-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Your just pissed because the white boy could actually dunk. :lol:

I was pissed because Chris Crocker decided that Cincinnati didn't want to win the game. I can't lie, that play still hurts me to this day. Oh well, at least we rebounded and it makes for a good punchline.

Northman
11-04-2009, 03:08 PM
I was pissed because Chris Crocker decided that Cincinnati didn't want to win the game. I can't lie, that play still hurts me to this day. Oh well, at least we rebounded and it makes for a good punchline.

Well, the other thing is we could definitely end up meeting again. I can just see Cincy licking their chops too. :lol:

weazel
11-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Atwater is my favorite safety of all time. Why he isn't in the HOF is beyond me but it's stupid.

I would say Dennis Smith belongs there before Atwater... but I dont think either deserve to be in the hall

Dreadnought
11-04-2009, 04:30 PM
I would say Dennis Smith belongs there before Atwater... but I dont think either deserve to be in the hall

If they don't belong then neither do 70% of the overrated Raiders, Cowboys, and Steelers who are already in there

weazel
11-04-2009, 04:44 PM
If they don't belong then neither do 70% of the overrated Raiders, Cowboys, and Steelers who are already in there

exactly... I think the HOF should be the best of the best.

Nomad
11-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Yea, but if you look at how well Romo was where he needed to be with the blitz packages its hard not to say he played a pretty big role. Not too mention his leadership on the defense as well. Again, im not saying he is the best thing since slice bread but im not going to say we would of been just as successful without him.

I like what he brought to the Denver BRONCOS especially his intensity! He brought alot to this team and I believe many of his teammates feed off of his play!

Back to disliking, Kennison is another

muse
11-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Daryl Gardner. What a t**t.

And Javon Walker "it's not for me". Then signs with the Raiders a few days later.

Bob Slowik. I said we'd have a bad D, but it was bad beyond belief. Second worst D of the decade behind the 08 Lions. Awful.

In-com-plete
11-05-2009, 01:24 PM
Lenny Walls

:beer:

I wasn't a fan of his when he was here. I absolutely hated it when they let herndon go a kept Walls. I was like 1 of 5 people on BM bitching about that move.

BroncoWave
11-05-2009, 01:51 PM
:beer:

I wasn't a fan of his when he was here. I absolutely hated it when they let herndon go a kept Walls. I was like 1 of 5 people on BM bitching about that move.

Yeah, I was not a fan of his at all. Other than his height, he really had none of the desired physical attributes to play in the NFL. He was skinny, slow, and just flat out sucked.

Bronco Bible
11-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Nate Webster.

A man that would lose his head for a tackle:D

Foley11
11-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Shannon Sharpe.

:mad:

GEM
11-06-2009, 10:30 AM
A man that would lose his head for a tackle:D

And still miss the tackle. :laugh:

Tned
11-06-2009, 10:45 AM
And still miss the tackle. :laugh:

Ahh, one of the few bright spots last year was waiting for the first time a game when Webster's helmet came flying off. The game just felt incomplete if the helmet never went flying.

NameUsedBefore
11-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Triandos Luke's mom.

Who the hell names their kid "Triandos"?

horsepig
11-08-2009, 03:36 AM

Right on North, remember when Carter tried to take off Elway;s head in

denver's end zone about 4 seconds after the play? One of the worst
'sportsmanship" I've ever seen. The next year Shanny gave him the key to the bank and he completely made a fool out of everyine. I really hate that sob.

horsepig
11-08-2009, 03:39 AM
I also have to throwin a vote for Steve Tensi. He was supposed to be our saviour and for some reason could not throw 5 frikkin yards without getting dirt on the ball.

smith49
11-08-2009, 06:35 AM

waite a minute, it was stokes face he spit in? for some reason i have put it in my head that it was TO. man, i can be a dipshit sometimes. oh well, live and learn i guess.