PDA

View Full Version : Ball, Powell Added to Practice Squad

Denver Native (Carol)
11-03-2009, 06:02 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/ball-powell-added-to-practice-squad/

The Broncos on Tuesday announced several roster moves involving the practice squad.

Running back Lance Ball was added to the practice squad, and the club’s second 2008 fifth-round pick, Carlton Powell, was added to the practice squad as well.

In addition, Darius Walker was waived from the practice squad, and Everette Pedescleaux was placed on the practice squad/injured list.

Ball is a second-year player who appeared in one game for the Indianapolis Colts in 2008 as a reserve running back. He rushed 13 times for 83 yards and caught one pass for five yards in his first NFL appearance versus the Tennessee Titans. He was a three-year letterman who started 19 of 41 career games at the University of Maryland, and was originally signed by the St. Louis Rams as an undrafted free agent before the 2008 season.

Powell is a second-year player who spent his rookie season on the reserve/physically unable to perform list after injuring his Achilles tendon in the offseason. He started 13 games in each of his final two seasons at Virginia Tech University, helping the Hokies rank no worse than fourth in the nation in both total yards per game and points per game allowed during those years. He had career highs in tackles — 39 — and sacks — 3.5 — as a senior in 2007.

Dortoh
11-03-2009, 06:27 PM
Carlton MF Powell is back in town

KCL
11-03-2009, 06:54 PM
When I read the thread title...I was thinking of Jerry Ball...:lol:

Lonestar
11-03-2009, 06:59 PM
Has there been a Thomas sighting the past few weeks.

That would be the only reason I can think that powell is being brought back.

underrated29
11-03-2009, 07:00 PM
Hell ya. Go get em Powell!

Now if only we could get Tim Crowder back........hmmmm?????

Dortoh
11-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Has there been a Thomas sighting the past few weeks.

That would be the only reason I can think that powell is being brought back.

That or Field's injury made depth on the practice squad important.

frauschieze
11-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Wonder what happened with Walker.

honz
11-03-2009, 11:08 PM
Wonder what happened with Walker.

He sucks. And guys, did you not read that Pedescleaux was placed on the injured list? Carlton Powell simply took his spot. No further meaning to read into here.

Superchop 7
11-04-2009, 02:41 AM
Love it that Powell is back, wish him the best.

Walker is pretty good, hope he lands in a good situation, perfect fit for Houston.