PDA

View Full Version : Week 8 Power Rankings

CoachChaz
11-03-2009, 09:57 AM
32. Tampa Bay (0-7) – Gotta drop below STL until they win a game

31. St. Louis (1-7) – Finally got that GREAT rookie head coach a win. You know…the one Denver would have been better off with

30. Washington (2-5) – BYE week

29. Detroit (1-6) – I guess if you are going to end a long losing streak, you ought to help someone else do the same

28. Cleveland (1-7) – Still no offense. Almost feel bad for the GREAT Ohio fans

27. Kansas City (1-6) – BYE week

26. Oakland (2-6) – What can I say that would make them look as bad as they are?

25. Seattle (2-5) – Injuries are killing them…again

24. Tennessee (1-6) – I knew they had it in them!!

23. Carolina (3-4) – Defense had to win a game. God knows Delhomme cant

22. Buffalo (3-5) – Held on for a little while…then the wheels fell off

21. NY Jets (4-4) – Just cant seem to figure out Miami

20. Jacksonville (3-4) – I cant even begin to figure this team out

19. San Francisco (3-4) – Played hard but couldn’t hang on. Still no threats on offense

18. Miami (3-4) – If only they could play the Jets every week.

17. Chicago (4-3) – Walked over an easy opponent…but Cutler threw another INT

16. Arizona (4-3) – Warner starting to show his age?

15. Atlanta (4-3) – Cant seem to beat a team with a winning record

14. Green Bay (4-3) – At least they don’t have to play Favre anymore this year

13. San Diego (4-3) – Yet another easy win for a mediocre team

12. Houston (5-3) – They still have to play Indy twice, so no need to get excited

11. Dallas (5-2) – Offense is peaking at the wrong time

10. Baltimore (4-3) – Had to win and did it impressively

9. Cincinnati (5-2) – BYE week

8. NY Giants (5-3) – Is this the team I’m suppose to have ranked higher?

7. Pittsburgh (5-2) – BYE week

6. Philadelphia (5-2) – Is this the team that isn’t any good and is overrated?

5. New England (5-2) – BYE week

4. Denver (6-1) – Forgot they only get one week off with a BYE.

3. Minnesota (7-1) – I still cant figure out what happened to the LB’s ability to tackle

2. Indianapolis (7-0) – Wasn’t pretty, but it kept them undefeated.

1. New Orleans (7-0) – This is a nice story, but the first time they play a quality team that is strong and healthy on both sides of the ball…they are going to get exposed.

Dreadnought
11-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Not too much to argue. I think the Season is starting to sort itself out. I suspect Pitt. and New England are actually better than Denver right now, but the record is what it is - and we beat NE, so you can't really argue that one too convincingly after all.

The Giants have absolutely shown their asses three weeks running. I still think the Eagles are a bit overrated, but that applies to the entire NFC East IMO. Remember, some people actually picked Washington to contend this year. That Tennessee is bad was a total shock, but that Washington is bad shouldn't have been.

GEM
11-03-2009, 11:23 AM
The comment for the Saints is easily the same for the Colts.

Good ratings Coach!

MHCBill
11-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Good list!

Poet
11-03-2009, 11:52 AM
In regards to the comment about Ohio fans, hey coach when the Phillies lose the World Series do you think they'll boo the team when they arrive back in Philly, or just TP their stadium? :lol::lol:

NightTrainLayne
11-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Not too much to argue. I think the Season is starting to sort itself out. I suspect Pitt. and New England are actually better than Denver right now, but the record is what it is - and we beat NE, so you can't really argue that one too convincingly after all.

The Giants have absolutely shown their asses three weeks running. I still think the Eagles are a bit overrated, but that applies to the entire NFC East IMO. Remember, some people actually picked Washington to contend this year. That Tennessee is bad was a total shock, but that Washington is bad shouldn't have been.

Nice summary.

I'm worried in that the Chargers play the Giants and the Eagles the next two weeks, while we play Pittsburgh and Washington.

If the Chargers happen to beat the Giants and Eagles, and we lose to Pitt, then they will come to Denver only down one game.

We really need to take care of Pittsburgh. I think it will be a struggle for the Chargers to win both of those games, but neither of those teams is as strong as they look. If they beat the Giants and we lose to Pittsburgh. . .then they will be on their game for Philly at home, and we'll have a serious battle on our hands the next week.

These next few weeks will probably be the deciding stretch of the season for the AFC West title.

CoachChaz
11-03-2009, 01:08 PM
My bet is both Denver and SD come out of the next 2 games with a 1-1 record. I'd put my money on Denver beating Pittsburgh before I bet on SD over the Eagles...but then again...I'm the idiot thatthinks the Eagles actually have a half-way decent team.

Poet
11-03-2009, 01:25 PM
My bet is both Denver and SD come out of the next 2 games with a 1-1 record. I'd put my money on Denver beating Pittsburgh before I bet on SD over the Eagles...but then again...I'm the idiot thatthinks the Eagles actually have a half-way decent team.

If Pittsburgh beats Denver and Cincinnati, and the undefeated teams don't lose where do you think they'll end up?

CoachChaz
11-03-2009, 03:18 PM
If Pittsburgh beats Denver and Cincinnati, and the undefeated teams don't lose where do you think they'll end up?

They'd have to be top 5 at that point. But in all honesty...if they go through a stretch like that...I'd like them over New Orleans. I'm just not buying into that defense yet

Slick
11-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Tampa Bay is ranked a little high Coach.

dogfish
11-04-2009, 12:10 PM

the iggles are a good team-- i don't know why people don't want to admit it. . . . a slew of injuries at offensive tackle and middle linebacker have kept them from realizing their full potential this year, but they have enough weapons to be very dangerous. . .

Poet
11-04-2009, 12:22 PM
the iggles are a good team-- i don't know why people don't want to admit it. . . . a slew of injuries at offensive tackle and middle linebacker have kept them from realizing their full potential this year, but they have enough weapons to be very dangerous. . .

That Stacy Andrews signing made me laugh so hard. I watched that bum fail as a RT in Cincinnati and then he tore his ACL. Philly then inks him to a pretty big contract. :lol::lol::lol:

dogfish
11-04-2009, 12:27 PM
That Stacy Andrews signing made me laugh so hard. I watched that bum fail as a RT in Cincinnati and then he tore his ACL. Philly then inks him to a pretty big contract. :lol::lol::lol:

yea, he's nothing special. . . but his brother is a hell of a player when his mind's right-- losing him for the season really hurt that line. . .

Dortoh
11-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Once again ratbirds way to low Coach IMHO of course

:protest:

CoachChaz
11-04-2009, 12:47 PM
yea, he's nothing special. . . but his brother is a hell of a player when his mind's right-- losing him for the season really hurt that line. . .

I'm figuring they will eventually re-sign Runyan...just hasnt happened. losing the right side of the line is hurting the running game, but they seem to be doing okay. The Saints game was decimated by injuries and the Raiders game was an anomoly. We'll see how they hold up against Dallas this week

dogfish
11-04-2009, 12:58 PM
I'm figuring they will eventually re-sign Runyan...just hasnt happened. losing the right side of the line is hurting the running game, but they seem to be doing okay. The Saints game was decimated by injuries and the Raiders game was an anomoly. We'll see how they hold up against Dallas this week

i honestly thought they'd bring him back weeks ago. . . .

CoachChaz
11-04-2009, 03:41 PM
i honestly thought they'd bring him back weeks ago. . . .

Yeah...I'm guessing he hasnt recovered from the microfracture they way they'd have liked. Cant really think of any other reason not to bring him back and no other teams are contacting him either

weazel
11-05-2009, 05:04 PM
the comments you use against the Saints are the same comments used by MSM about the Broncos.

CoachChaz
11-06-2009, 07:52 AM
the comments you use against the Saints are the same comments used by MSM about the Broncos.

I guess the difference is that the Broncos have actually been tested. At this point the Saints have played the Giants...whose #1 offense is simply inflated by an easy early schedule...and the next best offense they've faced has been the #17 Falcons. Both teams have put up over 25 points on them.

Denver has faced #4 Dallas, #5 NE, #10 Baltimore, #13 SanDiego and #14 Cincinnati

I won't say I'd pick Denver to win a game against NO...but I'd definitely take the Broncos defense over theirs

Poet
11-06-2009, 10:50 AM
The Saints offense is also scoring off of dumb luck. They aren't going to get those defensive touchdowns against a team with a smart QB. They've also needed those defensive touchdown. They are a paper tiger; in the regular season they are probably the scariest team to face and in the playoffs they're a shitter version of past Peyton Manning lead Colts teams.