PDA

View Full Version : Any regrets about not getting Kerney?

fcspikeit
01-05-2008, 05:37 PM
I'm sure most of you are watching the Hawks game. I can't help but wonder if we would be in the playoffs right now if we would have got Kerney?

I wanted him bad when we made our move for him. The guy is a stud. He's in the back field almost every play. Not just that, but even on the run plays. He eats up both the RT and TE allowing the LB to get a clean shot on the ball carrier.

I know the Hawks have better LB's then us, But our guys would have been so much better if they weren't always having to fight off an O-lineman.

I wish we would have offered him more money last year :( If we had both him and Doom rushing the passer, we would have been a lot better on all those long 3rd downs.

claymore
01-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Not me, he could have been the band aid that gave us a one and done in the playoffs. I would rather overhaul the engine instead of putting in a fuel treatment.

nevcraw
01-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Hawks DT tackles are better as well. I do not think he would have had same output in Denver.

Skinny
01-05-2008, 06:26 PM
I can't help but wonder if we would be in the playoffs right now if we would have got Kerney?This team was not just one player from making the Playoffs ...

Rick
01-05-2008, 06:39 PM
Kerney would have made a nice addition to DOOM on the ends but would not by any means would have shored up our biggest weakness, stopping the run.

LoyalSoldier
01-05-2008, 07:03 PM
He wouldn't have solved out offensive line problems nor our DT problems. If you get some legit defensive tackles in you will see an increase of sacks, pressure, and run stopping. Dumervile is a legit pass rusher, but he has been the only one that has made any real progress on the D-Line this season.

Dean
01-05-2008, 07:13 PM
He wouldn't have solved out offensive line problems nor our DT problems. If you get some legit defensive tackles in you will see an increase of sacks, pressure, and run stopping. Dumervile is a legit pass rusher, but he has been the only one that has made any real progress on the D-Line this season.

He would not have solved all are problems but he sure would have been a good start. Big, strong, and quick in a defensive ball player doesn't suck.:eek:

Lonestar
01-05-2008, 07:36 PM
This team was not just one player from making the Playoffs ...

wanna bet on mikeys EOY press conference comments about this one.. one no more than two players away..

TXBRONC
01-05-2008, 07:41 PM
wanna bet on mikeys EOY press conference comments about this one.. one no more than two players away..

Why would he mention Kerney in his end of the year press conference? :confused: This doesn't seem to pertain to the gist of the thread.

TXBRONC
01-05-2008, 07:59 PM
I'm sure most of you are watching the Hawks game. I can't help but wonder if we would be in the playoffs right now if we would have got Kerney?

I wanted him bad when we made our move for him. The guy is a stud. He's in the back field almost every play. Not just that, but even on the run plays. He eats up both the RT and TE allowing the LB to get a clean shot on the ball carrier.

I know the Hawks have better LB's then us, But our guys would have been so much better if they weren't always having to fight off an O-lineman.

I wish we would have offered him more money last year :( If we had both him and Doom rushing the passer, we would have been a lot better on all those long 3rd downs.

Kerney would have help the pass rush, but I'm not sure his presences would have changed our dysfunctional run defense.

It's hard for me to regret not having a guy that chose another team. I really don't think we really had a shot at signing him in the first place.

haroldthebarrel
01-05-2008, 08:00 PM
I am more angry we didnt get Adalius Thomas as far as defensive free agents go.
Heck, I am probably more angry we didnt trade a second for Jenkins.

Kearny would have been an everydown linemen for us, but he wouldnt have near the same impact as he does in Seattle. There are just too many good players on that front seven to double team him, which would be done here.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-05-2008, 08:17 PM
Most have said it, but I'm not upset. I didn't want him in the first place. He did do more than I thought he'd do, but he also wouldn't have made nearly the impact here that he did in Sea.

BOSSHOGG30
01-05-2008, 09:34 PM
I remember a guy back at the Freak who said in the off season that it was a mistake to spend so much money on Travis Henry and that they would of been better off spending that money on defensive talent and Kerney was one of the guys he mentioned but a lot of guys joked on him and said that Kerney is old and doesn't have much left in the tank and that Henry would be a beast in Denver.

slim
01-05-2008, 09:38 PM
I remember a guy back at the Freak who said in the off season that it was a mistake to spend so much money on Travis Henry and that they would of been better off spending that money on defensive talent and Kerney was one of the guys he mentioned but a lot of guys joked on him and said that Kerney is old and doesn't have much left in the tank and that Henry would be a beast in Denver.

I remember that guy...he also said that Tony Hunt was the second coming of TD. :elefant:

BOSSHOGG30
01-05-2008, 09:40 PM
I remember that guy...he also said that Tony Hunt was the second coming of TD. :elefant:

I don't remember him going that far, but he did have a lot of good things to say about Hunt... I wouldn't doubt if he was right about that either since Tony is only 21 years old and Westbrook is already draining that knee every week. Shouldn't be too long till he gets some serious playing time.

slim
01-05-2008, 09:42 PM
I don't remember him going that far, but he did have a lot of good things to say about Hunt... I wouldn't doubt if he was right about that either since Tony is only 21 years old and Westbrook is already draining that knee every week. Shouldn't be too long till he gets some serious playing time.

LOL...I missed the second half of the Sea/Was game. Did Kerney go off?

Skinny
01-05-2008, 10:05 PM
wanna bet on mikeys EOY press conference comments about this one.. one no more than two players away..Same o same o with Mikey ... would you expect anything less??

Kearney would have had an impact on the Defensive side of the ball for sure ... he's excellent in rushing the passer and defending the run. But with how stagnant the interior of the D-line was, teams would have game planned (double teams, chip blocks from RB's, ran away from him) and isolated him.

However, the inconsistency (injuries) on the Offensive side of the ball is a whole other matter ...

Lonestar
01-05-2008, 10:46 PM
Same o same o with Mikey ... would you expect anything less??

Kearney would have had an impact on the Defensive side of the ball for sure ... he's excellent in rushing the passer and defending the run. But with how stagnant the interior of the D-line was, teams would have game planned (double teams, chip blocks from RB's, ran away from him) and isolated him.

However, the inconsistency (injuries) on the Offensive side of the ball is a whole other matter ...

I expect tha twould be the case.. if you do not have to play teh DTs hard they Gaurds and center can help out on the real threats.