PDA

View Full Version : Bring back the Bulldozer

tubby
01-05-2008, 03:50 PM
Tatum Bell

At least he rushed for 1000 yards. Right? And who can forget the Ray Lewis piggyback ride. :salute:

:beer:

claymore
01-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Tatum Bell

At least he rushed for 1000 yards. Right? And who can forget the Ray Lewis piggyback ride. :salute:

You mean boo boo bear? No thanks!

slim
01-05-2008, 03:54 PM
I wish bronx was here. He would so own your ass right now.

tubby
01-05-2008, 03:59 PM
http://photos.imageevent.com/deacon/gary/tatum-1.jpg

claymore
01-05-2008, 04:01 PM
I wish bronx was here. He would so own your ass right now.
LMAO/ :salute:

slim
01-05-2008, 04:02 PM
LMAO/ :salute:

You watching the games today?

Mike
01-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Is this a joke thread? I thought the Lelie thread was a joke thread too.

:whoknows:

frauschieze
01-05-2008, 04:03 PM
You mean boo boo bear? No thanks!

Twinkle Toes Bell?

I'll pass.

claymore
01-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Would re-do the Champ/Portis deal if I could, but That is the only back besides TD that I miss.

tubby
01-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Is this a joke thread? I thought the Lelie thread was a joke thread too.

:whoknows:

Tatum Bell Rocks

Mike
01-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Tatum Bell has hands like Rocks

FYP ;)

SmilinAssasSin27
01-05-2008, 04:17 PM
It's funny how many folks bash the bring back Jake, Lelie, Tatum, Anderson threads, yet also wanna fire Shanny...but who comprised the roster when we were in the AFC Title game only 2 years ago? Was it Shanny coaching Jake, Tatum, MA and Ash? I believe so. I understand that they had their own limitations, but who right now wouldn't trade 7-9 for being 1 game away from the SB?

NameUsedBefore
01-05-2008, 05:37 PM
It's funny how many folks bash the bring back Jake, Lelie, Tatum, Anderson threads, yet also wanna fire Shanny...but who comprised the roster when we were in the AFC Title game only 2 years ago? Was it Shanny coaching Jake, Tatum, MA and Ash? I believe so. I understand that they had their own limitations, but who right now wouldn't trade 7-9 for being 1 game away from the SB?

You're right. But let's go a step further and get the guys who did get us to the Superbowl... anyone have TD's, Elway's, McCaffrey's, Sharpe's, and the 1998 offensive line's phone numbers?

Italianmobstr7
01-05-2008, 06:39 PM
You're right. But let's go a step further and get the guys who did get us to the Superbowl... anyone have TD's, Elway's, McCaffrey's, Sharpe's, and the 1998 offensive line's phone numbers?

I watched the 1998 super bowl last night, and even though I know how the game turned out, I was amazed at how good our offensive line was. Elway wasn't even hurried in the game. There were HUGE gaping holes through the defense. That has to be one of the best offensive lines in all of football history. They were truly amazing.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-05-2008, 08:16 PM

Oh, I'd much rather have them too, but people here say Shanny has lost it, but also that Jake, tatum, Al, MA, Ash, etc all were awful or overrated. Well, guess what folks...either the talent isn't as bad as you guys thought OR Shanny is one Hell of a coach.

I agree that the O sputtered last year, but we were in the playoff hunt til the rookie came in. And please don't take this as an anti-Jay rant, cuz it's not. Dude is gonna be great. HOWEVER, the Shanny bashers forget again, that we were qualifying for the playoffs at the time the switch was made...but Shanny can't coach.

NameUsedBefore
01-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Oh, I'd much rather have them too, but people here say Shanny has lost it, but also that Jake, tatum, Al, MA, Ash, etc all were awful or overrated. Well, guess what folks...either the talent isn't as bad as you guys thought OR Shanny is one Hell of a coach.

I agree that the O sputtered last year, but we were in the playoff hunt til the rookie came in. And please don't take this as an anti-Jay rant, cuz it's not. Dude is gonna be great. HOWEVER, the Shanny bashers forget again, that we were qualifying for the playoffs at the time the switch was made...but Shanny can't coach.

Here's the thing: that was then, this is now.

Jake is retired, you're not going to get him back.

Tatum Bell is an average back. The offensive line was younger and very productive then. Now it is injured and, well, we're onto our 2nd-string and new up-and-comers. Mike Anderson is decidedly aged. Both running backs are replaceable. This is the Denver Broncos, we can run the ball with whomever.

Al Wilson was a great MLB, you wont find many who will say otherwise. He's not coming back because Shanahan dumped him, he's not coming back because he had a bad neck injury.

Ashley Lelie was not a good receiver. All he could do was the long ball, that doesn't make you a dependable target. Not to mention many receivers can do the long ball and other routes, so why bother?

The difference between the team we have now, and the one we had then is pretty simple. Then we had a cohesive and dominant offensive line. The offense had a fluidity to it that allowed for calling play-action roll-outs all game long and still have it work. The defense was dominating and the defensive line had a big say in that.

You can't bring back entire teams, and you wont bring back entire teams by bringing back parts of those teams, especially years later. The team we have now is what we have. :salute:

hamrob
01-05-2008, 10:53 PM
I thought we should have kept TB and got rid of Mike Bell...

omac
01-05-2008, 10:59 PM
Tatum Bell? He hasn't played well in Detroit, and some people want him back here? As inconsistent as the offensive line has been this season, the only reason we don't have another 1,000 yard rusher is because ALL our rb's have gotten injured.

At least Young, Hall, and Henry have shown they don't immediately fall upon contact.

sneakers
01-05-2008, 11:07 PM

Anyone got a picture of him fumbling?

SmilinAssasSin27
01-05-2008, 11:08 PM
Here's the thing: that was then, this is now.

Jake is retired, you're not going to get him back.

Tatum Bell is an average back. The offensive line was younger and very productive then. Now it is injured and, well, we're onto our 2nd-string and new up-and-comers. Mike Anderson is decidedly aged. Both running backs are replaceable. This is the Denver Broncos, we can run the ball with whomever.

Al Wilson was a great MLB, you wont find many who will say otherwise. He's not coming back because Shanahan dumped him, he's not coming back because he had a bad neck injury.

Ashley Lelie was not a good receiver. All he could do was the long ball, that doesn't make you a dependable target. Not to mention many receivers can do the long ball and other routes, so why bother?

The difference between the team we have now, and the one we had then is pretty simple. Then we had a cohesive and dominant offensive line. The offense had a fluidity to it that allowed for calling play-action roll-outs all game long and still have it work. The defense was dominating and the defensive line had a big say in that.

You can't bring back entire teams, and you wont bring back entire teams by bringing back parts of those teams, especially years later. The team we have now is what we have. :salute:

I understand that fully...just don't like when folks bash the players AND Shanny. It needs to be 1 or the other.

BOSSHOGG30
01-05-2008, 11:44 PM
We have enough turnovers without him running the football.

MileHighWrath
01-05-2008, 11:57 PM
Bring back fum-BELL? What a great idea!

tubby
03-09-2008, 02:21 PM
I think the Bulldozer is still available. Then we don't have to draft a RB either.

dogfish
03-09-2008, 04:04 PM

shanny is a hell of a coach. . . none of that "talent" has produced a damn thing anywhere else. . .

it's too bad that mike the GM isn't comparable to mike the coach-- we've all seen what he's capable of doing with real talent. . . if his stubborn ass would let us bring in a real personnel guy maybe we could win some more super bowls. . . .

of course, i think it's also fair to point out that we still had kubiak then, too. . . .

Scarface
03-09-2008, 06:04 PM
I watched the 1998 super bowl last night, and even though I know how the game turned out, I was amazed at how good our offensive line was. Elway wasn't even hurried in the game. There were HUGE gaping holes through the defense. That has to be one of the best offensive lines in all of football history. They were truly amazing.

That's why I want a tackle at #12. If we give Cutler time we're going to kill people.

Medford Bronco
03-09-2008, 06:09 PM
That's why I want a tackle at #12. If we give Cutler time we're going to kill people.

I hope the Tackle is a D Tackle as our d line was sucky last year as well.

We NEED both of them Tackle and DT...

broncosfanscott
03-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Well if Bell could have held onto the ball them maybe he would still be here.

lex
03-09-2008, 09:26 PM

Really. His biggest problem was playing through nicks and dings that are common place during a season. He actually had good games such as the one vs the Ravens where he had a good APC and almost 100 yards. He ran pretty hard that game. BUt as the season wore on, he wore down and we all know what that meant.

Broncospsycho77
03-09-2008, 09:33 PM

Yeah, and what if Ashley Lelie was a great route runner?

And what if Jake Plummer decided to make smart choices?

What if Kubiak never left?

We can play the "what if" game all we want, but the cold hard truth is that those days are over, and we now (unfortunately) know that Lelie is garbage, Jake was a one-trick pony (and NOT left handed), and that Kubiak is worthy of being a head coach, and should be one.

I do love the what if game, though.

tubby
03-09-2008, 09:40 PM

Piggyback Ride!!

Broncospsycho77
03-09-2008, 09:41 PM
I do love those orange gloves, though...

topscribe
03-09-2008, 10:14 PM
FYP ;)

Tatum Bell ReeksOr maybe this ^

Stargazer
03-10-2008, 03:04 AM
bulldozer and tater should not be used in the same sentence.

Retired_Member_001
03-10-2008, 03:45 AM

Bah! Best offensive line in all of football history?

What about:

Ryan Harris - Ben Hamilton - Tom Nalen - Montrae Holland - Erik Pears?

They create plenty of holes. ;)

broncosfanscott
03-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Yeah, and what if Ashley Lelie was a great route runner?

And what if Jake Plummer decided to make smart choices?

What if Kubiak never left?

We can play the "what if" game all we want, but the cold hard truth is that those days are over, and we now (unfortunately) know that Lelie is garbage, Jake was a one-trick pony (and NOT left handed), and that Kubiak is worthy of being a head coach, and should be one.

I do love the what if game, though.

You can never get rid of the "if" game. A day never goes by that I wish Kubiak never left, however he is a smart coach and deserves his chance.

BroncoJoe
03-10-2008, 11:46 AM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/JoeArthur/WorstThreadEver.gif

BOSSHOGG30
03-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Lions re-signed RB Tatum Bell to a one-year, $1.6 million contract.

Bell averaged a career low 4.1 YPC on 44 carries in 2007, falling off the game day roster after the first five contests. Along with Brian Calhoun, he provides insurance behind Kevin Jones (ACL surgery). Bell could be worth a late flier in 2008 fantasy drafts, but nothing more. Detroit may still draft a running back and Bell isn't guaranteed a depth chart spot ahead of Calhoun.
Source: ESPN.com

shank
03-10-2008, 01:18 PM
Lions re-signed RB Tatum Bell to a one-year, $1.6 million contract.

Bell averaged a career low 4.1 YPC on 44 carries in 2007, falling off the game day roster after the first five contests. Along with Brian Calhoun, he provides insurance behind Kevin Jones (ACL surgery). Bell could be worth a late flier in 2008 fantasy drafts, but nothing more. Detroit may still draft a running back and Bell isn't guaranteed a depth chart spot ahead of Calhoun.
Source: ESPN.com

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

(aka, kill this ridiculous thread, as it now serves somewhat less of a purpose now that it's irrelevant)

LRtagger
03-10-2008, 01:31 PM
http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/71841248.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABB74D8C2509FE26B4E A40A659CEC4C8CB6

Medford Bronco
03-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Here is the bulldozer that he was :laugh:

http://www.kids-party-paradise.com/images/3DBulldozer.jpg

Lonestar
03-10-2008, 04:22 PM
I have read two post from the thread the first two and if I repeat something someone else said I'm sorry..

That bulldozer was tonka toy Never have I seen one RB go down as easily as tater.. Did.

Was great outside the tackles but no I do not want this loser back..

We have fresher legs in Young, Bell and Hall to handle change of pace stuff.

Lonestar
03-10-2008, 04:25 PM
You can never get rid of the "if" game. A day never goes by that I wish Kubiak never left, however he is a smart coach and deserves his chance.

If he would have stuck around he'd be in place to take mikey's job next year.

Hoshdude7
03-10-2008, 04:40 PM

:ridinghorse:

tubby
11-07-2008, 11:24 AM

Word

:salute:

:cool:

LRtagger
11-07-2008, 12:18 PM
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/71841248.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABB74D8C2509FE26B4E A40A659CEC4C8CB6

:D

tubby
11-11-2008, 11:57 PM
Nice thread homo.

OB
11-12-2008, 12:16 AM
WOW - just wow :eek:

sneakers
11-12-2008, 12:17 AM
Tatum Bell

Good, I though this thread was going to be about Thump Belton.

Italianmobstr7
11-12-2008, 12:21 AM
Good, I though this thread was going to be about Thump Belton.

This thread should be about Thump Belton. We could really use him right about now. Thump as the FB and Hillis as the RB!!! Thump for President!

sneakers
11-12-2008, 12:23 AM
This thread should be about Thump Belton. We could really use him right about now. Thump as the FB and Hillis as the RB!!! Thump for President!

We'll have to tear him away from Arena Football's Georgia Force.

Italianmobstr7
11-12-2008, 12:25 AM
We'll have to tear him away from Arena Football's Georgia Force.

If you had the choice where would you rather play? For the Georgia Force in the arena league or for the Denver Broncos in the NFL?

In all seriousness, I have no idea how good he was but he did have a pretty sweet name. The kind of name that would strike fear in the name of LB's he was getting ready to block. Maybe Tatum can change his name to "Thump Bell" or something of that nature. Maybe then a gust of wind wouldn't knock him down.

AFGAHNI_BATTLE_DONKEY
11-12-2008, 12:40 AM
guess who's back.

tatum!!!!!

i cant wait for the 1 yard, 2 yard, and -2 yard gain, then all of the sudden a 50 yard jaunt to the endzone.

as bad as tatum is, he does have 1 thing and thats speeeeeed.

none of our backs right now injured or not have the speed like tatum does. if our young but talented line can create some holes for tatum then watch out!

LRtagger
11-12-2008, 11:27 AM
none of our backs right now injured or not have the speed like tatum does.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01B4gWZavU3AY/610x.jpg

PatricktheDookie
11-12-2008, 01:23 PM
I'd be surprised if Tatum is in football shape.

I'm not expecting any lightning speed.

DenBronx
11-12-2008, 01:31 PM
i can't believe we're so desperate. this is pathetic.

id much rather see what hillis can do.

dogfish
11-12-2008, 05:51 PM
i can't believe we're so desperate. this is pathetic.

id much rather see what hillis can do.

i'm sure we will, but ya gotta have some depth at the position-- especially the way we've been losing backs recently!

:eek:

stews102
11-12-2008, 06:18 PM
Tatum is a good fit. At least he has an understanding of the offense and can work him self into shape. Right now we got nothing. Give him a chance, he really sounds like he is going to give it his all. And he sounds hungry to prove everyone wrong.

GO gettem Tatum... Ring their BELLS!!!

tubby
10-10-2010, 08:36 PM
word

Foochacho
10-10-2010, 10:47 PM
****. I do need a new cell phone though, wonder if he would hook me up.

Buff
10-10-2010, 10:59 PM
****. I do need a new cell phone though, wonder if he would hook me up.

I would have gone with the luggage joke, but that's just me.

Foochacho
10-11-2010, 08:14 AM
I would have gone with the luggage joke, but that's just me.

I went with the cell phone because I really do need one. Mine is trashed I can barely read the screen. I forgot all about the bag stealing incident, who was it from Rudi Johnson? Lol, Tater is a joke.

The Glue Factory
10-11-2010, 11:00 AM
word

And you're digging this up from the grave of two years ago just to agree with the final post 11/12/2008!??!

:tsk::confused::tsk:

Buff
02-17-2011, 09:46 AM
Confirmed sighting working as a front desk/security dude at a Denver Tech Center office building. Which I suppose is a step above selling cell phones at the Aurora mall.

TXBRONC
02-17-2011, 10:48 AM
I think we should go and find Bill billdozer Doutre from King of the Hill. He's an awesome short yardage back. :nod: :D

Timmy!
02-18-2011, 01:33 AM
Confirmed sighting working as a front desk/security dude at a Denver Tech Center office building. Which I suppose is a step above selling cell phones at the Aurora mall.

Buff, did you ask for his autograph?

Buff
02-18-2011, 01:34 PM
Buff, did you ask for his autograph?

I didn't see him, it was my roommate.

It was funny though. He's like "You'll never guess who I saw working the front desk at this office building."

And Tatum Bell was my first guess. It blew him away.

sneakers
02-19-2011, 01:52 AM
I love old bumped threads

FanInAZ
02-19-2011, 01:53 AM

Thanks for causing me several minute of bewilderment by posting this in a thread that should have did 2 1/2 years ago. I have no I idea what possessed Tubby to revive it 4 months ago, nor you reviving it today. Nevertheless, I just spent the last several minutes in stunned did belief thinking that someone was suggesting bring back Tatum Bell for the 2011 season and that several member of this board where actually agree with him. It wasn't until I read the Glue Factory's post right before yours that I looked at the date of the post on this thread.

sneakers
02-19-2011, 01:53 AM
I think we should go and find Bill billdozer Doutre from King of the Hill. He's an awesome short yardage back. :nod: :D

Screw that, we should get Al Bundy! I hear he scored 3 touchdowns in one game in high school.

BeefStew25
02-19-2011, 02:59 AM
The man wants to work. Let's not mock him.

BigDaddyBronco
02-19-2011, 08:48 AM

No kidding. At least he isn't in prison (cough...cough...Big Hoss) or enrolled in the welfare state.

TXBRONC
02-19-2011, 05:55 PM

Honestly I thought overall Bell was ok when he was here but I don't know if he would be much help now.

tubby
02-20-2011, 12:54 AM
Tatum Bell is a better running back than Knowshon Moreno. Today. Yep.

And Tebow is better than both or them. Combind. On 5 hour energy. After pushing an SUV. At dusk.

:coffee:

BeefStew25
02-20-2011, 05:15 AM
Did 7 or Montana push SUV's?

Dean
02-20-2011, 07:01 AM
Honestly I thought overall Bell was ok when he was here but I don't know if he would be much help now.

Tatum had something we could use now. Say what you want but he had flat out speed.