PDA

View Full Version : Any word on Ryan Harris?

GEM
11-02-2009, 01:03 AM
I read on the Mane that he left on crutches, heavily bandaged and wearing a flat foot boot. Anyone heard any updates?

Just a side funny note... Warrior noted over there that a big toe injury isn't a big deal for a lineman. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! :laugh: Yea.

sneakers
11-02-2009, 01:05 AM
What happened to him? I went to bed at 10am, set an alarm at 2:30pm to check the score, and went back to bed.

GEM
11-02-2009, 01:10 AM
What happened to him? I went to bed at 10am, set an alarm at 2:30pm to check the score, and went back to bed.

Went down with a toe injury, walked off to the sideline but was carted to the locker room. :(

GEM
11-02-2009, 01:11 AM
Lower body extremity injury, sneaks.

:lol:

honz
11-02-2009, 01:15 AM
One of the beat writers tweeted after the game that he was on crutches and in a walking boot of sorts. Doesn't sound great...situation is fluid.

Timmy!
11-02-2009, 01:42 AM
I've been looking everywhere for updates on this. Hopefully it's not a season ending injury. Polumbus has played pretty well in his opportunities but losing Harris for the year would hurt.

Shazam!
11-02-2009, 02:16 AM
I wonder if Hochstein ever played tackle...

LoyalSoldier
11-02-2009, 03:14 AM
I read on the Mane that he left on crutches, heavily bandaged and wearing a flat foot boot. Anyone heard any updates?

Just a side funny note... Warrior noted over there that a big toe injury isn't a big deal for a lineman. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! :laugh: Yea.
People always laugh at turf toe or other toe injuries until they have it. Those things hurt like hell and make walking near impossible.

broncofaninfla
11-02-2009, 09:39 AM
I hope Harris can make a quick recover, we need him.

GEM
11-02-2009, 11:04 AM
People always laugh at turf toe or other toe injuries until they have it. Those things hurt like hell and make walking near impossible.

For any athlete it is huge. There are many reasons why we have a big toe. Balance, planting, fluid movement are all clearly effected by turf toe and that is just naming a few.

I just found it funny that someone would say that turf toe isn't a big deal for a lineman.

underrated29
11-02-2009, 11:33 AM
yeah, a lineman that weighs 300+ pounds. It would definitely hurt. Speaking of warrior, i have to post the picture of him from halloween.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Can't find anything definite, but if Harris can not play for a while, at least this sounds encouraging. This morning Gary Miller said that the injury was to two toes.

http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13687689

Polumbus' performance:

Offensive lineman Tyler Polumbus, a Cherry Creek and CU product, played well at right tackle for three quarters after replacing Ryan Harris, who left the game with a toe injury.

JONtheBRONCO
11-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Broncos RT Ryan Harris suffered a "serious injury to the two smallest toes on his right foot" in Sunday's game against the Ravens.

The Denver Post expects him to be out "awhile," though no further details were offered. Tyler Polumbus played the final three quarters at right tackle and would fill in should Harris miss next week's game against the Steelers.
Source: Denver Post

Dortoh
11-02-2009, 11:53 AM
Losing Harris would be a big blow

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2009, 03:40 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13695647?source=rss

For his first NFL start, Tyler Polumbus gets to take on James Harrison, Lawrence Timmons and the mighty 3-4 Pittsburgh Steelers defense.

Then again, Polumbus just did a good job holding off Terrell Suggs and the Baltimore Ravens so there's evidence he's ready for his next challenge. In Harrison, Polumbus will see the NFL's defending defensive player of the year.

Polumbus, a former standout from Cherry Creek High School and the University of Colorado, is the Broncos' new right tackle after Ryan Harris suffered two dislocated toes on his right foot Sunday.

Harris could be out three weeks, although the Broncos are hopeful he can return earlier.

"He will not play this week," Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said at his Monday press conference.

Polumbus, who the Broncos signed as an undrafted free agent last year, filled in for Harris early in the second quarter and finished the game.

Although, the Broncos suffered protection breakdowns against the Ravens, Polumbus was often matched up against Suggs and did not allow Baltimore's well compensated, pass-rushing outside linebacker to get at quarterback Kyle Orton.

"Tyler went in and did a decent job; hung in there," McDaniels said. "Tyler's been in this system as long as anybody else has this year. He familiar with what he's doing. We're always getting plenty of reps in practice. He handled himself well in the preseason and we'll expect him to go in there and play well."

milehigh
11-02-2009, 04:01 PM

We need him to stay at guard the way Ben Hamilton is playing.

honz
11-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Shitake mushrooms. Harris already ruled out of the Pittsburgh game. Doesn't sound good. Hopefully he only misses a few weeks.

dogfish
11-02-2009, 04:33 PM
not having him in there will hurt, but this is the NFL-- every team has injuries, and the guy behind him will be expected to come in and play at a decent level. . . those guys get paid too. . .

three weeks is a LOT better than it could've been!

Ravage!!!
11-02-2009, 04:35 PM
not having him in there will hurt, but this is the NFL-- every team has injuries, and the guy behind him will be expected to come in and play at a decent level. . . those guys get paid too. . .

you are right on the money. This is what separates the good from the ok.. or hte good from the really good. Those that can overcome injury. Means that if you have Scheff in your Fantasty football league, now is the time to drop him because we will probably use a lot more TEs to stay in and help.

Glad we have a couple of bye weeks coming up... washington being the first :laugh:

TXBRONC
11-02-2009, 04:37 PM

Agreed, Tyler is going to be expected to play well, it doesn't matter that he's going up against Harrison.

Lonestar
11-02-2009, 05:02 PM

think I Saw that he has played every where on the OLINE at one time or the other.. including TE and FB..

for my money we need him at OLG in the worst way..

Lonestar
11-02-2009, 05:07 PM
hey dislocated, but did not even break the skin..

Orton played with a glove, put a heavy sock on it, and send him back out..

man up harris..:D

weazel
11-02-2009, 05:16 PM
damn thats a loss

Brand
11-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Seth Olsen may play a bit more now.....

Timmy!
11-02-2009, 07:19 PM
I can live with 3 weeks. Polumbus did a pretty good job against a great defense last week.

I'd like to see Olsen in for Hamilton. Ben is just getting crushed.

GEM
11-02-2009, 10:26 PM
I'm pulling for the Colorado kid. :D

Elevation inc
11-03-2009, 04:45 AM
i can live with 3 weeks. Polumbus did a pretty good job against a great defense last week.

i'd like to see olsen in for hamilton. Ben is just getting crushed.

yes please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tned
11-03-2009, 08:11 AM
I can live with 3 weeks. Polumbus did a pretty good job against a great defense last week.

I'd like to see Olsen in for Hamilton. Ben is just getting crushed.

Who did Hochstein fill in for earlier in the year? Hamilton or Kuper?

frauschieze
11-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Who did Hochstein fill in for earlier in the year? Hamilton or Kuper?

I thought it was Kuper, but I wouldn't swear to it.

Lonestar
11-18-2009, 03:27 PM
according to Josh at the 2:30 mark on this he is out for this comming week..

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=349&videoID=3609&type=broncosTV&year=&month=

Superchop 7
11-18-2009, 05:11 PM
Get well Ryan.

WARHORSE
11-19-2009, 04:24 AM
When all is well, Id like to see..........

LT- Clady

LG- Polumbus

C- Seth

RG- Kuper

RT- Harris

....................that is, if young Seth can do better than Wiegs.

Traveler
11-19-2009, 06:11 AM
Isn't Seth Olsen playing the OG position?