PDA

View Full Version : Wearing "away" uniforms during home games.

sneakers
11-01-2009, 08:01 PM
I don't get it, and I don't like it.....maybe because I like flashy colors. I know the Cowboys and Dolphins have done it for like over 20 years, but it seems as if it is an epidemic in the NFL now....why the hell are teams doing it?

Ravage!!!
11-01-2009, 08:04 PM
its their choice? why not?

Start thinking of it like this... because this is the reality. There are NO home/away uniforms. The home team chooses each and every week. Its more common that the cowboys and dolphins prefer the look of their whites over their darks. Miami does it early in the year because of heat.

But I personally don't care.

SR
11-01-2009, 09:46 PM
I'm more traditional. For me, dark at home and light away is the way it should be.

Ravage!!!
11-01-2009, 09:50 PM
I"m not one that likes to be 'trapped into tradition'

Devilspawn
11-01-2009, 09:53 PM
^this

Last year when the Raiders wore their white at home, they became the second to last NFL team to do so. Seattle is the only team to never wear white at home. It seemed weird to me, but I dug the vibe right away, probably because they were kicking ass at the time. Felt the same way this year when they wore their throwback away jerseys.

I like the variety. The Saints wearing white at home is the only one I don't like because I like their black unis.

SR
11-02-2009, 12:09 AM

I'm not "trapped". I like it. It's my preference. I come from a hockey background where tradition plays a big part in things.

Devilspawn
11-02-2009, 12:32 AM
I'm not "trapped". I like it. It's my preference. I come from a hockey background where tradition plays a big part in things.
I don't watch hockey, but isn't it the same. I THINK I've seen dark jerseys at home where before white jerseys at home was the norm. At least I think so.

sneakers
11-02-2009, 12:36 AM
When the heck have the broncos ever worn whites at home?

SR
11-02-2009, 10:04 AM
I don't watch hockey, but isn't it the same. I THINK I've seen dark jerseys at home where before white jerseys at home was the norm. At least I think so.

Hockey is the same as football...dark at home, white on the road.

claymore
11-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Home teams decide the colors, dark light etc..... They use it to their advantage based on weather if applicable for that day.

Tampa always makes the away team wear darker colors because its usualll hot as hell, and usually a 1PM EST game.

MasterShake
11-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Home teams decide the colors, dark light etc..... They use it to their advantage based on weather if applicable for that day.

Tampa always makes the away team wear darker colors because its usualll hot as hell, and usually a 1PM EST game.

Also the Broncos wore their home jerseys against the Bengals because the Bengals were wearing their white jerseys. That was weird to me.

Medford Bronco
11-03-2009, 09:39 PM

Miami as well. They only wear teal on Night home games.

Medford Bronco
11-03-2009, 09:42 PM

They did against SD in 2003 I believe because the NFL penalized the Broncos for taking their white unis in SD in September.

They crushed SD like 37-9 I beleive

Denver Wiki Page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denver_Broncos)

On November 16, 2003, the Broncos wore their white jerseys at home for the first time since 1983, in a game vs. the San Diego Chargers. This was compensation for a uniform mix-up after the teams' first meeting in Week 2 at San Diego's Qualcomm Stadium earlier that season, when the Chargers were the team that was supposed to declare their uniform color. The Chargers were planning to wear their white jerseys, but the visiting Broncos came to the stadium in white, and were fined $25,000 by the NFL as a result. When the two teams met at Invesco Field at Mile High later that season (Week 11), the NFL allowed the visiting Chargers to choose their uniform color in advance, and they chose navy blue, forcing the Broncos to wear their white jerseys at home.[24]

TXBRONC
11-05-2009, 06:26 AM

I was getting ready to say something very similar to this.

TXBRONC
11-05-2009, 06:29 AM
Also the Broncos wore their home jerseys against the Bengals because the Bengals were wearing their white jerseys. That was weird to me.

Home teams will do that on occassion especially in the early part of the season because of the heat.

TXBRONC
11-05-2009, 06:31 AM

I can only think of time that the Broncos ever did that and that was way back in about 1980.

Medford Bronco
11-05-2009, 02:07 PM
I can only think of time that the Broncos ever did that and that was way back in about 1980.

see post above Tx:salute:

T.K.O.
11-05-2009, 02:29 PM
all i know is the team played a hell of a lot better in those striped socks ,so i think they should put on the old yellow and brown and kick some steeler butt !:D

Medford Bronco
11-10-2009, 06:36 PM
all i know is the team played a hell of a lot better in those striped socks ,so i think they should put on the old yellow and brown and kick some steeler butt !:D

Maybe we should have worn those ugly unis last night:tsk: