PDA

View Full Version : So um yea, my first live Bronco game

Northman
11-01-2009, 05:30 PM
First off, the wife and i loved going to the game as we are big fans and being the first time was special. Not quite the outcome we had hoped but a great experience anyway. Ravens fans that we tailgated with and sat around us were polite and cool despite heckling us a little bit. Did see a lot of Bronco fans out there as i didnt really expect that many so that was great to see as well.

Now to the game.

Fact is, coming into this week we had two teams who were looking at the game differently. One was trying to keep the momentum and undefeated record intact while the other was desperate to keep pace within their division. I think anyone who watched the game live or on tv could tell who was hungrier in this matchup. Denver just came out flat and some of the things we disliked a year ago reared its ugly head again. Bad tackling, poor special teams, unable to run the ball, bad penalities, and the most surprisingly to me. Very bad protection from the Oline.

Even the playcalling was crappy in my opinion. I saw a lot of the same stuff we've been using with no surprises. I fully expected more blitzing from Nolan but rarely saw that as well. And i had concerns about Kelly Washington, Bmore's 3rd wideout hurting us and it came to fruitition. Not good. But, im still not swayed into believing we are a bad team. Just like when we play in Miami somehow someway Bmore has our number at M&T Stadium. Missy was saying it was probably the John Elway curse for when he chose not to go to Bmore in 83'. lol

Never the less, tough day for Bronco fans but i think and hope we will regroup and come back home next week and beat Pitt. But i enjoyed the opportunity to see my beloved Bronco's play live win or lose. :D:salute:

Nomad
11-01-2009, 05:35 PM
Good stuff, North! Yeah, it baffles me why the BRONCOS struggle so much playing the Ravens in Baltimore! The Steelers are the Ravens clone basically and hopefully McDaniels fixes the ineptness of taking away the blitzes!! I don't believe any team in the NFL would have beaten the Ravens today! BRONCOS have work to do and they have been humbled along with us fans!!

Glad to see you had fun though!!

Den21vsBal19
11-01-2009, 05:43 PM
First game, first loss.................................I name you Jinx!!!!!!!! :mad:

;)

:lol: Glad you had a good time, despite the result, pal :beer:

Jaws
11-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Glad you enjoyed :beer:

Don't go to anymore games too soon ;) Well, not against tough opponents anyway :lol:

Northman
11-01-2009, 05:47 PM
No worries, the rest of the season is secure as its out of my system now. lol

Dirk
11-01-2009, 05:50 PM
Well at least you and your lady got to go!! It will be a long time before I am able to go to another game in person.

Glad you stood up for the team and didn't blend in North!! :salute:

Northman
11-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Well at least you and your lady got to go!! It will be a long time before I am able to go to another game in person.

Glad you stood up for the team and didn't blend in North!! :salute:

Oh yea, wasnt going to happen. lol

Some of them who were saying "hey hey, good bye" to me i just replied "we will see you again". :D:salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
11-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Oh yea, wasnt going to happen. lol

Some of them who were saying "hey hey, good bye" to me i just replied "we will see you again". :D:salute:

Glad you got to go to the game - DON'T EVER DO IT AGAIN - just kiddin

Seriously, did the Broncos look flat to you before the game - during warmups, etc?

Northman
11-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Glad you got to go to the game - DON'T EVER DO IT AGAIN - just kiddin

Seriously, did the Broncos look flat to you before the game - during warmups, etc?

I was still tailgating while they warmed up. But i could tell early on that the team didnt look nearly as energized as they had been the last few weeks. I think the opening sack on Orton set the tone for how the day was going to be. It just looked like the boys were sleepwalking out there which really falls on McD. Whatever message he gave them over the last 2 weeks didnt sink in. Hopefully we get back on the horse and get back to playing aggressively.

horsepig
11-01-2009, 06:26 PM
First off, the wife and i loved going to the game as we are big fans and being the first time was special. Not quite the outcome we had hoped but a great experience anyway. Ravens fans that we tailgated with and sat around us were polite and cool despite heckling us a little bit. Did see a lot of Bronco fans out there as i didnt really expect that many so that was great to see as well.

Now to the game.

Fact is, coming into this week we had two teams who were looking at the game differently. One was trying to keep the momentum and undefeated record intact while the other was desperate to keep pace within their division. I think anyone who watched the game live or on tv could tell who was hungrier in this matchup. Denver just came out flat and some of the things we disliked a year ago reared its ugly head again. Bad tackling, poor special teams, unable to run the ball, bad penalities, and the most surprisingly to me. Very bad protection from the Oline.

Even the playcalling was crappy in my opinion. I saw a lot of the same stuff we've been using with no surprises. I fully expected more blitzing from Nolan but rarely saw that as well. And i had concerns about Kelly Washington, Bmore's 3rd wideout hurting us and it came to fruitition. Not good. But, im still not swayed into believing we are a bad team. Just like when we play in Miami somehow someway Bmore has our number at M&T Stadium. Missy was saying it was probably the John Elway curse for when he chose not to go to Bmore in 83'. lol

Never the less, tough day for Bronco fans but i think and hope we will regroup and come back home next week and beat Pitt. But i enjoyed the opportunity to see my beloved Bronco's play live win or lose. :D:salute:

Yo North, welcome to the live game experience.
it is way diff from the tube. You sit through the interminable TV TO's and watch your team's body language. I'm betting the guys looked a little lost out there.

You are able to watch the secondaries on D, you are able to see all those WR's that are wide frikkin open all over the field while you're thinking thank God he didn't (or did) see that guy.

And the line play on both sides, what are thre LB's up to, it really is fun. Screw the replays (which you can watch on those horrid stadium screens), you can record the game and watch that too!

Slick
11-01-2009, 06:33 PM
I hate it for you Northman. I was thinking of you...even made a post in the gameday thread. I wanted you to see a comeback.

Northman
11-01-2009, 06:36 PM
I hate it for you Northman. I was thinking of you...even made a post in the gameday thread. I wanted you to see a comeback.

Yea, when we were down 13-7 i thought it could happen. Another Bronco fan i talked to at halftime said he predicted a 14-13 Bronco victory. But, when they scored to go up 23-7 i knew it was all but over. They just have our number there i guess. Still, im pretty pleased to be 6-1 at this point so im still positive about our season.

horsepig
11-01-2009, 06:37 PM
One of my favorite Mile-High experiences came in '83. I was in school at CSU and a couple of kids from SD & TX were griping about how cool it would be to see a NFL game live (I was an "older" student at the time).

I said lets go, it's only 60 miles. They thought we'd never get tickets, HAH!
I bought 3 seats together in the north endzone and we watched the Colts dominate all day till about 5 minutes left.

Welcome John Elway to the annals of NFL history----Den 21-Colts 19!

Those guys still remember that day and are both still Bronco fans.

I'll never forget hearing
Bob
Martin, "Well, folks, that's what the Broncos paid $12 million for.".

weazel
11-01-2009, 07:18 PM

Now to the game.

Thats why my first live Broncos game is going to be in Denver, December 20, against Oakland. Pretty good chance we'll come out with a win in that one!

Sparkie
11-01-2009, 07:21 PM
Yo North, welcome to the live game experience.
it is way diff from the tube. You sit through the interminable TV TO's and watch your team's body language. I'm betting the guys looked a little lost out there.

You are able to watch the secondaries on D, you are able to see all those WR's that are wide frikkin open all over the field while you're thinking thank God he didn't (or did) see that guy.

And the line play on both sides, what are thre LB's up to, it really is fun. Screw the replays (which you can watch on those horrid stadium screens), you can record the game and watch that too!
That's what I experienced seeing live NFL for the first time last week at the Wembley (London) game.
It'll take a few more live games to get used to the rhythm of the plays and all that goes on on the field ... but WHAT an EXPERIENCE.

Northman: really, really glad you got to see the game, whatever the outcome on the field. :beer:

Looking forward to the day (whenever that is! :madgrin:) that Sharkie & I get to see the BRONCOS live too!!! :salute: :defense:

horsepig
11-02-2009, 02:40 AM
I was still tailgating while they warmed up. But i could tell early on that the team didnt look nearly as energized as they had been the last few weeks. I think the opening sack on Orton set the tone for how the day was going to be. It just looked like the boys were sleepwalking out there which really falls on McD. Whatever message he gave them over the last 2 weeks didnt sink in. Hopefully we get back on the horse and get back to playing aggressively.

that happens. the first game I took myt wife to sucked. You could actually feel the bad vibes throughout the stadium. The team came out and could not do aything right. The whole stadium was just flat. $159 for these tickets? No baby, they wer4 free, and they were from a business assoc.

That was the Bears game in about 05. Coldest game in Broncos histoery. The loser crowd left early and I tried to to get the old Lady down to the empty seats on the 50.

No effing way, you cannot get from the upper decks to the lower seats without a pass. Sh%^&*t, the upper decks are absolutely shutoff from the lower seats!

I really felt like my

Shazam!
11-02-2009, 03:02 AM
I was at the 1998 NYG game where Denver's 13-0 was snapped and we barely made it out alive. Consider yourself lucky.

Dirk
11-02-2009, 08:24 AM
After a good night's sleep. I have decided that you can't go to any more Broncos games North....

j/k of course :listen: