PDA

View Full Version : Yes, we got our butts kicked today...

honz
11-01-2009, 03:47 PM
...but we are still 6-1 and we are still a very good football team. We simply got outworked and out hustled in every facet of the game today and the score reflects that. No need to panic though. We come back home next week and have a big game against Pittsburgh to get ready for. I expect a much better effort next week and am not worried that his sort of sorry effort will become a trend in any way. You can't win them all. Go Broncos!

NightTrainLayne
11-01-2009, 03:54 PM
We looked terrible. The offense was reading too many press clippings. Defense still played respectable outside of a few really terrible errors, but the offense didn't move the ball all day. Really disheartening.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
11-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Can't win em all.

Got to win next week though. Great teams don't lose 2 in a row.

Crush05
11-01-2009, 03:57 PM
IMO we gave up in the 4th qtr. Which hurts me to say! I have become a Josh McD fan, although today he failed at making the halftime adjustments needed to turn the game around and our defense showed the cracks that had yet to be exposed. We now have some homework to correct our errors and continue on the path we started which brought us to 6-0! Am I worried...... no it is only one loss and the better team won today! Hats off to the Ravens for a complete game!

Nomad
11-01-2009, 03:58 PM
I guess shouldn't be no surprise as the BRONCOS always lose by double digits when they come to baltimore and play the Ravens!!

broncophan
11-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Not worried here.........now if we lose our next two.......then......I will be worried........better be ready for the steelers.....

weazel
11-01-2009, 04:04 PM
O-Line needs to be tougher. other then that, lets hope they work hard for a tough game against the steel...

NightTrainLayne
11-01-2009, 04:06 PM
O-Line needs to be tougher. other then that, lets hope they work hard for a tough game against the steel...

It's time to start looking for Ben Hamilton's replacement. He's not been very good all season, and he looked terrible today.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Was this a good loss - i.e. take the pressure off the team, take the bullseye off of their backs????

Just wondering

Dirk
11-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Was this a good loss - i.e. take the pressure off the team, take the bullseye off of their backs????

Just wondering

That's what I was thinking.

broncophan

Just wondering

I know what you are asking.....but I hate that "good loss" phrase............hopefully the team understands and knows that they have to be ready week after week........next Monday night is huge....

GO BRONCOS!!!

Nomad

Just wondering

Carol, with all due respect, a blowout is not a good loss!!

NightTrainLayne
11-01-2009, 04:11 PM

Just wondering

No, it's a terrible loss because if anyone had any doubt about how to beat us, the Ravens just published a "How to for Dummies" on beating the 2009 Denver Broncos.

Overtime
what worries me is now that teams have seen how to beat us by taking away the short passing game and the screens is that more teams will stack the box and come after Orton.

I don't know how the rumor got started that Orton can't throw the deep ball, but he can throw the deep ball, and he has a pretty strong arm, more so than people give him credit for.

honz
It's time to start looking for Ben Hamilton's replacement. He's not been very good all season, and he looked terrible today.

I've been calling for this since last year. I actually think he is a very good pass protector, but his run blocking leaves much to be desired...today however, he could not do anything right.

Timmy!
11-01-2009, 04:12 PM

Just wondering

I think they will answer that next Monday. I'm sure the Broncos will lose another game this year, but I don't think we'll see any more performances like that. At least I hope not.

Dirk
11-01-2009, 04:12 PM
One thing that I saw in the game was a very poorly orchestrated offense as far as the play going.

Also a very poorly played game on the O-line.

Am I worried? No. Win 3 more games and we are better than last year! :lol:

I know, you want more and so do I. Now let's see how McD bounces back from this. I will show a lot from this team if they can handle their business next week.

Crush05
11-01-2009, 04:14 PM

Just wondering

Bullseye... there really has not been one. We have been underdogs to the whole league all season long and today was no different. As far as the pressure being taken off I would have to say yes, got the worries of not losing out of the way....from here we have to go out and prove we are the 6-0 team that started the year and not the team that played the Ravens today!!

LRtagger
11-01-2009, 04:15 PM
IMO we gave up in the 4th qtr. Which hurts me to say! I have become a Josh McD fan, although today he failed at making the halftime adjustments needed to turn the game around and our defense showed the cracks that had yet to be exposed. We now have some homework to correct our errors and continue on the path we started which brought us to 6-0! Am I worried...... no it is only one loss and the better team won today! Hats off to the Ravens for a complete game!

I hate to say it, but I think this team gave up after the KO to open the second half. Totally deflated the team. I know we scored on our next offensive drive, but only with the help of some defensive penalties.

Just a total lack of effort all day. Poor blocking, poor tackling, poor ST coverage, poor ST blocking, no pass rush, etc. Just all around a lackadaisical effort.

It will be interesting to see if the team can respond next week.

Nomad
11-01-2009, 04:17 PM
I thought with veteran leaders, you don't get discouraged and give up! It happens to the best of the them and the ravens offense took the air away from the BRONCOS solid defense and so did the BRONCOS offense!!

Denver Native (Carol)
11-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Bullseye... there really has not been one. We have been underdogs to the whole league all season long and today was no different. As far as the pressure being taken off I would have to say yes, got the worries of not losing out of the way....from here we have to go out and prove we are the 6-0 team that started the year and not the team that played the Ravens today!!

There will always be a bullseye on an undefeated team, and each week their opponent will want to defeat them more than just being a regular opponent. Guess I should have said their is added incentive to beat an undefeated team.

spikerman
11-01-2009, 04:22 PM

I don't think they gave up. I think the defense was exhausted. The offense couldn't stay on the field long enough for the defense to rest. I'm surprised it didn't happen earlier in the game. Plus you know the defense had to see the handwriting on the wall about how offensive the offense was today.

Watchthemiddle
11-01-2009, 04:22 PM
Whoo HOOO!!

We ARE 6-1

This is for those who said we would be 1-6 or 2-5 at this point.

We ran into a buzz saw called the Raven's D who was in DESPERATE need of a win

Good wake up and humbling experience for this team.

NOW, bring on PITT for next monday night

PS: if you predicted us to be 1-6 or 2-5 at this point, you can't complain about this lose. You had no faith to begin with so this lose is no surprise to you.

Nomad
11-01-2009, 04:23 PM
I think they will answer that next Monday. I'm sure the Broncos will lose another game this year, but I don't think we'll see any more performances like that. At least I hope not.

That's the reason for disappointment, it's not really the loss but the performance! BRONCOS usually play the Steelers differently for whatever reason, but I hope fans and McDaniels/BRONCOS learn their lesson and never underestimate the Ravens again!!

Den21vsBal19
11-01-2009, 04:23 PM
what worries me is now that teams have seen how to beat us by taking away the short passing game and the screens is that more teams will stack the box and come after Orton.

I don't know how the rumor got started that Orton can't throw the deep ball, but he can throw the deep ball, and he has a pretty strong arm, more so than people give him credit for.
He can throw a reasonable deep ball.......................OL just needs to give him the time to do it

LRtagger
11-01-2009, 04:24 PM
I thought with veteran leaders, you don't get discouraged and give up! It happens to the best of the them and the ravens offense took the air away from the BRONCOS solid defense and so did the BRONCOS offense!!

Didn't think they would, but they were flat for most of the game. Didnt see Dawkins much at all the second half. I was really expecting him to turn it up for the D.

Tned
11-01-2009, 04:29 PM

It's not a 'rumor'. Even this year, his completion percentage over 10 yards or so is abysmal.

broken12
11-01-2009, 04:33 PM
It's not a 'rumor'. Even this year, his completion percentage over 10 yards or so is abysmal.

watch out people gonna get mad at you for critisising orton!!

Overtime
11-01-2009, 04:34 PM

im not talking about his completion percentage...im just talking about his arm strength in general. he's always been labeled as having a weak arm, but his arm is anything but weak.

now his accuracy/completion % on the deep ball is another story.

but Orton can throw the deep ball, and his arm isn't weak.

broncophan
11-01-2009, 04:36 PM
im not talking about his completion percentage...im just talking about his arm strength in general. he's always been labeled as having a weak arm, but his arm is anything but weak.

What does it matter if he can throw the deep ball......if he can't hit his receivers...??:confused:

Denver Native (Carol)
11-01-2009, 04:36 PM

I am not sure if any quarterback would have been effective today the way the Broncos Oline was playing

Nomad
11-01-2009, 04:39 PM
I am not sure if any quarterback would have been effective today the way the Broncos Oline was playing

True! The best of the best would have had a hard time matching what the Ravens brought. Harbough had this team amped up and prepared. Orton has his weaknesses but this is on the whole team including coaches

LRtagger
11-01-2009, 04:41 PM

abysmal?

Pass Thrown: 11-20 yds: 18 for 36, 315 yards 50.0%, 1 TD 0 INT, 89.5 rating

Pass Thrown: 21-30 yds: 6 for 14, 166 yards 42.9% 1 TD 0 INT, 111.0 rating

Now I could agree that 30+ isnt spectacular when you take out the tipped pass against Cincy.

Pass Thrown: 31-40 yds. 1 for 3 87 yards 33.3 % 1 TD 0 INT 121.5 rating

Pass Thrown: 41+ yds: 0 for 3 0 yards 0.0 % 0 TD 1 INT (hail mary) 0.0 rating

Overall not spectacular, but hardly abysmal on passes of 10+. It is certainly adequate for what this offense does.

Orton was not the problem today.

weazel
11-01-2009, 04:42 PM

Just wondering

Pittsburgh doesnt need a team to have a bullseye on their back. Polumalo doesnt need motivation to be a gamer.

titan
11-01-2009, 04:49 PM
I'm not surprised or overly concerned by the loss. If the Broncos follow it up with a loss to Pittsburgh Monday night then, yeah, I'll worry some but I expect the team to bounce back at home next week.

Baltimore is always a tough place to play for Denver. I said to my son before the game it was important for Denver to get a lead in this game as it is extremely tough to come from behind on the Baltimore D. When you fall more than 10 points down it's even tougher.

Some observations:

Orton really must be living a charmed life as he had 3 possible interceptions dropped by Baltimore defenders today. It could have been alot worse.

That said Orton didn't play THAT bad. He was under pressure all game and had some good dump off throws to backs under pressure. Was surprised by his scramble for a first down in the first half.

The Broncos really got the benefit from the refs today. Again had those calls gone the other way it could have been worse.

This loss will wake the team and coaching staff up with a big game coming against Pittsburgh Monday night. McDaniels in his post game interview on KOA radio said he was "outcoached". I expect a determined week of practice (like the team had before the New England game) and a better effort against the Steelers next Monday.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Kyle passed for 152 yards - Flacco for 175 - not that much of a difference.

ikillz0mbies
11-01-2009, 05:22 PM
I didn't see the game, but I was following the play-by-play.

Yes, I am sad that the Broncos lost. But hell, 6-1 is still damn good.

The Ravens really brought it today and were definitely the better team. They deserved to win. The Broncos really should have been more prepared. This loss is good for them. At least it shows them that their weaknesses have been exploited and now they get to work on how to fix them with this loss.

Next week is a tough game as well. The Broncos better come out aggressive from minute 1 against a really tough Steelers team. They need to pressure Big Ben and then contain him. Big Ben is VERY elusive, as he uses his big body to avoid sacks. I've never seen a QB break off so many possible sacks.

Anyway, this was a tough one to swallow. But there is no question that the Broncos will improve throughout the course of the year. I trust the coaching staff to make the proper adjustments and prepare the team for next week.

Go Broncos!

Northman
11-01-2009, 05:35 PM
Yea, i agree Honz. Im not worried. Giants got steamrolled by Philly who lost to Oakland. Thats NFL football for you.

ikillz0mbies
11-01-2009, 05:43 PM
In a way, I was worried about the Broncos going on a bye week. They had all this momentum going then they hit the bye week. I realize that the team needed a rest, but I just didn't want it in the part of the schedule with the tough teams coming up. That is just me though.

MasterShake
11-01-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm not surprised or overly concerned by the loss. If the Broncos follow it up with a loss to Pittsburgh Monday night then, yeah, I'll worry some but I expect the team to bounce back at home next week.

Baltimore is always a tough place to play for Denver. I said to my son before the game it was important for Denver to get a lead in this game as it is extremely tough to come from behind on the Baltimore D. When you fall more than 10 points down it's even tougher.

Some observations:

Orton really must be living a charmed life as he had 3 possible interceptions dropped by Baltimore defenders today. It could have been alot worse.

That said Orton didn't play THAT bad. He was under pressure all game and had some good dump off throws to backs under pressure. Was surprised by his scramble for a first down in the first half.

The Broncos really got the benefit from the refs today. Again had those calls gone the other way it could have been worse.

This loss will wake the team and coaching staff up with a big game coming against Pittsburgh Monday night. McDaniels in his post game interview on KOA radio said he was "outcoached". I expect a determined week of practice (like the team had before the New England game) and a better effort against the Steelers next Monday.

Great post. Before the game, I had already figured we had a very good chance of losing. Baltimore is a great team themselves, and they even had a piece how they could be 6-0 if not for some crazy 4th quarter lead changes and missed field goals.

Take away the kick return (I know, I sound like a San Diego fan :lol:) and a late garbage TD (on a good drive by Balt.) and the Defense was still playing great against the 5th ranked offense for 3 and a half qtrs. Once they saw the offense was getting shut down by a great Ravens defense, they kind of let up and were probably tired from being on the field so long.

Bottom line, Baltimore needed this to save their season and Denver is still in fantastic shape. I'm not taking away from Baltimore though, they definitely came to play. Hopefully Denver will spit out the teeth they got knocked in today and realize that the were never meant to be a 19-0 team. If they keep playing like they did earlier, with heart and a chip on their shoulder, we can carve out a great season.

I fully expect a big win next monday night against Pittsburgh. We hit a speedbump today, but good teams (which I believe we are) regroup and come back to kick ass- especially at home. I hope Invesco is rocking next week!

And I'll be honest, if someone told me we'd be 6-1 last August I would just nod politely and walk away thinking they were crazy. I know we will be playing meaningful football in November and December and thats all any football fan can ask for! :salute:

Tned
11-01-2009, 06:22 PM

Ok, he can throw the deel ball, he just can't complete the deep ball. Got it. Wow, I feel a lot better about our team now.

Tned
11-01-2009, 06:27 PM

abysmal?

Pass Thrown: 11-20 yds: 18 for 36, 315 yards 50.0%, 1 TD 0 INT, 89.5 rating

Pass Thrown: 21-30 yds: 6 for 14, 166 yards 42.9% 1 TD 0 INT, 111.0 rating

Now I could agree that 30+ isnt spectacular when you take out the tipped pass against Cincy.

Pass Thrown: 31-40 yds. 1 for 3 87 yards 33.3 % 1 TD 0 INT 121.5 rating

Pass Thrown: 41+ yds: 0 for 3 0 yards 0.0 % 0 TD 1 INT (hail mary) 0.0 rating

Overall not spectacular, but hardly abysmal on passes of 10+. It is certainly adequate for what this offense does.

Orton was not the problem today.

First, to both of you, I didn't say Orton was 'the' problem today. I was responding to the 'rumor' that Orton can't throw the deep ball.

As to your stats. NFL Network had stats up this morning, and I don't remember the ranges they used, but it showed his mid range throws in the 30-35% range and his longer throws as 10% or so. I don't know if you are counting the result of the play vs. the distance in the air, or what the difference is in your numbers and theirs.

Let's be honest LR. Can you honestly say that Orton has been anything other than bad on mid to long throws all season? He has made a couple of big mid-range throws, but has missed on almost all of his long throws, even when wide receivers have been wide open.

sneakers
11-01-2009, 06:41 PM
6-1 aint bad.....plus it is good to get that first loss out of the way.

Tned
11-01-2009, 06:44 PM
6-1 aint bad.....plus it is good to get that first loss out of the way.

While I don't buy into the "it's good to get the loss out of the way", I do fully agree that 6-1 ain't bad.

There isn't a Bronco fan anywhere that wouldn't have taken a guaranteed 6-1 start in a heartbeat back in July or August.

sneakers
11-01-2009, 06:50 PM
While I don't buy into the "it's good to get the loss out of the way", I do fully agree that 6-1 ain't bad.

There isn't a Bronco fan anywhere that wouldn't have taken a guaranteed 6-1 start in a heartbeat back in July or August.

I am sure the Patriots of a few years ago would agree with my statement :D

Tned
11-01-2009, 06:51 PM
I am sure the Patriots of a few years ago would agree with my statement :D

Only if you believe losing in week 8 would have resulted in a SB win ;)

topscribe
11-01-2009, 07:00 PM
What does it matter if he can throw the deep ball......if he can't hit his receivers...??:confused:

I see. So during the first six games Orton had one of the highest completion
percentages in the league, and one of the highest QB ratings. But now he
can't hit his receivers.

Do you have a date for when you will be seeing your first Broncos game?

-----

Ravage!!!
11-01-2009, 07:38 PM
I see. So during the first six games Orton had one of the highest completion
percentages in the league, and one of the highest QB ratings. But now he
can't hit his receivers.

Do you have a date for when you will be seeing your first Broncos game?

-----

He said the DEEP ball. He was talking about hitting the receiver on the DEEP pass. Read what he's saying before getting too defensive.

Watchthemiddle
11-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Hey, did I mention we are 6-1? Ha ha ha ha. There is only 2 others teams in the NFL with a better record.

Doubters, see the big picture. Did anyone really expect us to go 16-0? No, you posters who only show up after a loss are hating the fact we are 6-1. Bring on Pitt. We will bounce back

topscribe
11-01-2009, 07:50 PM
He said the DEEP ball. He was talking about hitting the receiver on the DEEP pass. Read what he's saying before getting too defensive.

What do you mean by "defensive"? You mean by disagreeing? Because that is
all I was doing.

But Orton CAN hit the DEEP pass. I have seen him do it. But a QB has to have
time for patterns to develop before he can hit the DEEP ball. That did not
happen today.

-----

Tned
11-01-2009, 07:58 PM
all I was doing.

happen today.

-----

So far, with the Broncos, there have been a number of times when he has had plenty of time and a wide open receiver (or at least a receiver with a step on the defender) and hasn't even come close to hitting the receiver.

Is it enough call for his replacement? No. However, at the same time it is impossible to have watched the seven Broncos games this season and make a case for Orton being accurate on the deep ball.

Ravage!!!
11-01-2009, 08:08 PM
all I was doing.

happen today.

-----

Defensive in meaning that you are jumping on his post on something he didn't even SAY..because you want to run to Orton's defense. He stated about hitting the DEEP ball, and you bring up stats on hitting pass %.. no the % of the deep pass. So you were jumping on him for something he didnt' even say. Why? Because you wanted to JUMP to the defense before even really reading what was said.

Lonestar
11-01-2009, 08:08 PM
have not read a single post in this.. so IF I step on someones toes or repeat something someone said sorry about that..

this team came along way in a short time.. almost NO ONE saw us at 6-0 coming into this game.. anyone that did was dreaming, lying or delusional..

we have changed everything on D but Champ playing in the same spot..

we have changed almost everything on O and ST was completely overhaul.. not to mention the entire coaching staff, save dennison and Turner, is fresh and in most cases completely new to the schemes brought in..

31 new players to the broncos this year.. many of them first and second year players.. with everyone except Gaffney and the new LS guy it is all new stuff they are doing..

did anyone really think we would skate through the schedule without some hiccups?

we got beat by a better team today one that was deep in the playoffs last year.. one that has more talent across the board than we do.. we played on their field in front of their fanatical fans...

to those that were drinking the koolade and not thinking this could happen time to step back and think about all the changes this year..

OUR OLINE got their asses handed to them today.. I suspect that some of them had been reading about the pro bowl voting that started this past week..

I have little doubt that this game will be a motivator to every one that was thinking about themselves today and their glory..

I suspect that Josh and company will bring them back down to earth..

frankly I'm tickled pink we are as far along as we are are this point and I am not singing the the chicken little song that a few may be.

IMHO we have a long way to go before we are legit contenders..

TXBRONC
11-01-2009, 08:12 PM

Just wondering

I don't know if any loss is a good loss but it's nothing to hit the panic button about. The Broncos got beat it's as simple as that, and now it's time to move on to the next game.

Ravage!!!
11-01-2009, 08:15 PM
I don't if any loss is a good loss but it's nothing to hit the panic button about it. The Broncos got beat it's as simple as that time to move on to the next game.

Completely agree.

ALthough... we weren't expected, nor did WE expect, to be serious contenders this year anyway. Its not like this kind of loss would have been a surprise just 4-5 weeks ago. Expectations rose as the team did the unexpected. But the truth is, this team has had some pretty unbelievable luck.

Losing to a good team like Baltimore really shouldn't be surprising, and certainly shouldn't be one that we hang our heads about. It does bring us back down to reality a bit, and lets us see that we truly do have a lot of work to go before we can be TRULY considered serious contenders. Thats ok. Thats basically what we knew going INTO the season.

Traveler
11-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Baltimore exposed a weakness that still has to be addressed. Our OL still doesn't matchup well with a physical smash-mouth defense.

The left OG position must be addressed this offseason. Did Hamilton and Wiegmann get worked over today or what? Not sure what McDaniels can do to make them more stout against the type of linemen Baltimore has?

The defense showed up again today, but they were on the field way too long. Today's loss was happened because the OL couldn't handle the physicality of the Baltimore defense and ST is floundering.

After reading many of the DP articles this past week, I kinda felt the players were starting to get a little over-confident. Let's hope they now tone down all the rhetoric from this point forward and start playing the type of footbal we've seen over the first six weeks.

Dreadnought
11-01-2009, 09:59 PM
Completely agree.

ALthough... we weren't expected, nor did WE expect, to be serious contenders this year anyway. Its not like this kind of loss would have been a surprise just 4-5 weeks ago. Expectations rose as the team did the unexpected. But the truth is, this team has had some pretty unbelievable luck.

Losing to a good team like Baltimore really shouldn't be surprising, and certainly shouldn't be one that we hang our heads about. It does bring us back down to reality a bit, and lets us see that we truly do have a lot of work to go before we can be TRULY considered serious contenders. Thats ok. Thats basically what we knew going INTO the season.

Yeah, I agree. I've been so pleasantly surprised this Season I found myself beginning to believe the press clippings. We are far better than I thought we'd be back in August. I also think we are nowhere near as good as most of us thought we were yesterday. That applies to Kyle Orton as well; better than I feared, and at times pretty good, but at the end of the day he is who he is - an average Quarterback with a good head on his shoulders but some pretty significant limitations. Lets see how we gameplan around them the rest of the Year, then we can think about long term plans and where he fits into them.

Day1BroncoFan
11-01-2009, 10:24 PM
I am happy we're 6-1. I figured 7 or 8 wins this season. If we do that good or better I'll be OK with it. The way it stands right now I feel we can still win the division. The offense got pummeled today. If the offense can't step it up we are in trouble. They have shown weakness this season in this area and the ravens abused us on offenseas a result. We can't expect the D to go lights out for 4 quarters if the offense doesn't at least help and then there is the ST allowing TD run backs 2 games in a row.

TXBRONC
11-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Offensive linemen like all other players can have a bad day. I'm not trying to whistle past the graveyard because I can see that Denver is moving in a different direction. That being said Weigmann and Hamilton are not pieces of crap they are both good football players. If McDaniels need replace them because he's moving the offensive line a different direction then so be it.

TXBRONC
11-01-2009, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I agree. I've been so pleasantly surprised this Season I found myself beginning to believe the press clippings. We are far better than I thought we'd be back in August. I also think we are nowhere near as good as most of us thought we were yesterday. That applies to Kyle Orton as well; better than I feared, and at times pretty good, but at the end of the day he is who he is - an average Quarterback with a good head on his shoulders but some pretty significant limitations. Lets see how we gameplan around them the rest of the Year, then we can think about long term plans and where he fits into them.

Yes we have weaknesses but I still think this team is heading to playoffs as either a division winner or a wild card.

topscribe
11-01-2009, 11:25 PM
So far, with the Broncos, there have been a number of times when he has had plenty of time and a wide open receiver (or at least a receiver with a step on the defender) and hasn't even come close to hitting the receiver.

Is it enough call for his replacement? No. However, at the same time it is impossible to have watched the seven Broncos games this season and make a case for Orton being accurate on the deep ball.

And there has been an overwhelming percentage of the time (near the top
among QBs) he has found his receiver and has drawn praise from his coaches
for his accuracy.

I was arguing the case for his overall accuracy. I said he was capable of the
deep pass, but I said nothing about his accuracy going deep in particular.

-----

EastCoastBronco
11-02-2009, 08:12 AM
We ran into a very desperate team playing at home in front of a rabid crowd yesterday. To put it bluntly, we ran straight into a meat grinder. In the few short minutes of the first quarter that I observed over my shitty internet connection (before it died) I could see that the intensity of the Ravens was light years beyond ours. This was a playoff game for them. For us...not so much.
In all actuality, I think the two weeks off hurt our momentum. This is a young team and a young coach and we got distracted.The train got off track a bit. It wasn't a division game and I never expected to be 7-0, let alone 6-1.
I have all the faith in the world that the team we saw in Baltimore yesterday will be a distant memory when the Monday Night Football trucks roll into Denver...

Bring on the goddam Steelers.

CoachChaz
11-02-2009, 08:19 AM
Like I said a few weeks ago...no one can expect a team to maintain the level of intensity that Denver was playing with for a full 17 weeks. There will be letdowns and pitfalls. Yesterday was one of them and next week could very well be another. Either way, this is a team that will be good for the next few years and it's exciting to watch

Traveler
11-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Offensive linemen like all other players can have a bad day. I'm not trying to whistle past the graveyard because I can see that Denver is moving in a different direction. That being said Weigmann and Hamilton are not pieces of crap they are both good football players. If McDaniels need replace them because he's moving the offensive line a different direction then so be it.

I don't think people are saying that Wiegmann & Hamilton are crap, just that they have trouble with big, physically powerful lineman like the Ravens have. It's an issue we seen over the years and should be addressed soon.

Since there aren't too many teams with defensive players like the type the Ravens have, this deficiency won't be exposed that often.

TXBRONC
11-02-2009, 08:52 AM
I don't think people are saying that Wiegmann & Hamilton are crap, just that they have trouble with big, physically powerful lineman like the Ravens have. It's an issue we seen over the years and should be addressed soon.

Since there aren't too many teams with defensive players like the type the Ravens have, this deficiency won't be exposed that often.

I didn't mean make it sound like I'm accusing anyone of running Weigmann and Hamilton although their are posters that will bash a player for having a bad game.

Mike
11-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Hamilton has been the worst OL on the team this season. It is past time to find a replacement.

broncofaninfla
11-02-2009, 10:02 AM
We can't win them all but I'd like to at least compete in our losses. McD said it himself, they were out coached and out played. Our offensive gameplan was predictable and too safe. I was happy with our defense for the most part just felt they were on the field too long and wore down towards the end.

topscribe
11-02-2009, 10:50 AM

Wiegmann has proven he can handle the big guys because he knows how to use
leverage and angles against them. But, as I have mentioned before, I question
whether it is good to have a man Hamilton's size next to Wiegmann at his size.
That is a pretty serious hole, IMO.

There was a time when Hamilton was noted for his pass blocking. Not any more.
I saw yesterday's game . . .

-----