PDA

View Full Version : What? No Sunday Night Football????

Overtime
11-01-2009, 03:04 PM
It's obvious there is no Sunday Night Football tonight because of the Worthless Series, but I must say I'm pretty pissed because I'd rather watch football than watch the Worthless Series between the Spankmee's and the Dillweeds. No one gives a rats ass. **** you baseball, **** you spankmees and **** you Dillweeds. I hope every game gets rained out and no champion gets crowned.

I want my SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!! To hell with Baseball.

How dare the NFL not schedule a game on Sunday Night because of the Worthless Series. MLB probably paid big bucks to make that happen, because they're afraid the football game would get more viewers and better ratings than their invalid steroid tainted, non-salary cap equalized, Worthless Series.

:mad:

Devilspawn
11-01-2009, 03:23 PM
It's obvious there is no Sunday Night Football tonight because of the Worthless Series, but I must say I'm pretty pissed because I'd rather watch football than watch the Worthless Series between the Spankmee's and the Dillweeds. No one gives a rats ass. **** you baseball, **** you spankmees and **** you Dillweeds. I hope every game gets rained out and no champion gets crowned.

I want my SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!! To hell with Baseball.

How dare the NFL not schedule a game on Sunday Night because of the Worthless Series. MLB probably paid big bucks to make that happen, because they're afraid the football game would get more viewers and better ratings than their invalid steroid tainted, non-salary cap equalized, Worthless Series.

:mad:
Two things of note.

1) Callng a team The Spankmees means that you've been a very naughty boy and deserve a spanking. You might be dressed in tight ass leather and have a red ball in your mouth. Me and my wife do this a few times a month.

2) While football is the better sport BY FAR, the Yankees are going after their 27th World Championship, which will also be the 7th for the Greatest Owner of All Time, The Boss, George Steinbrenner. :elefant:

Overtime
11-01-2009, 03:32 PM
Two things of note.

1) Callng a team The Spankmees means that you've been a very naughty boy and deserve a spanking. You might be dressed in tight ass leather and have a red ball in your mouth. Me and my wife do this a few times a month.

2) While football is the better sport BY FAR, the Yankees are going after their 27th World Championship, which will also be the 7th for the Greatest Owner of All Time, The Boss, George Steinbrenner. :elefant:

1.) I call them the Spankmees cause George Steinbrenner reminds me of that little spoiled brat kid from "A League of their Own" who always threw temper tantrums when he didn't get his way.

2.) No one gives a shit about what the Yankees are going after.

Sorry but Steinbrenner isn't the Greatest Owner of All Time. If he had accomplished what he has with a salary cap in place, then I might be convinced, but when baseball is nothing more than a financial free for all that comes down to who spends the most money to buy a championship, that's not really anything special to brag about.

Once again...**** baseball.

Devilspawn
11-01-2009, 03:52 PM
2.) No one gives a shit about what the Yankees are going after.
If that were true, the game would be played on TBS. I think Fox knows what it's doing since the WS has been played on Sunday for about 15 years without any ratings dip. The NFL seems to know this as well, otherwise they'd market a ball game that would compete with the national past time's championship event.

Sorry but Steinbrenner isn't the Greatest Owner of All Time. If he had accomplished what he has with a salary cap in place, then I might be convinced, but when baseball is nothing more than a financial free for all that comes down to who spends the most money to buy a championship, that's not really anything special to brag about.

Once again...**** baseball.
It's fine you hate baseball, it needs a salary cap. It also needs a salary floor. Steinbrenner didn't buy 36 Champioships during his years, he only purchased 6. It's within the rules. As soon as a salary cap is in place, I'm sure the Yankees will be at that cap number, within the rules of course.

There's a chance the NFL won't have a salay cap for the next two years. Will you watch or complain if Bowlen spends more money than usual to get another ring in Denver, outbidding teams with less luster and shallow pockets? Of course you won't.

ursamajor
11-01-2009, 09:10 PM
If that were true, the game would be played on TBS. I think Fox knows what it's doing since the WS has been played on Sunday for about 15 years without any ratings dip. The NFL seems to know this as well, otherwise they'd market a ball game that would compete with the national past time's championship event.

It's fine you hate baseball, it needs a salary cap. It also needs a salary floor. Steinbrenner didn't buy 36 Champioships during his years, he only purchased 6. It's within the rules. As soon as a salary cap is in place, I'm sure the Yankees will be at that cap number, within the rules of course.

There's a chance the NFL won't have a salay cap for the next two years. Will you watch or complain if Bowlen spends more money than usual to get another ring in Denver, outbidding teams with less luster and shallow pockets? Of course you won't.

Don't bother DS, you are wasting your breath. I am not a Yankees fan, but they are the most valuable team in all of sports for a reason.

KCL
11-01-2009, 09:25 PM
One Sunday night without football...oh noooooooooooo...:rolleyes:

Seriously...I am not big on baseball but it has it's place in this country just as much as football does! It's the friggin World Series!!!! :beer:

http://www.autoweb.com/images/Features/Chevrolet_Baseball_ApplePie/165/2007_Chevy_Tahoe_26.jpg

gnomeflinger
11-01-2009, 09:29 PM
My complaint is it's November! Baseball isn't supposed to go into November.

:tsk:

Midnight Blue
11-01-2009, 10:08 PM
And baseball is boring. Almost as boring as watching golf on TV.

Poet
11-01-2009, 10:08 PM
There isn't a team in American sports with more fans than the Yankees. Trust me, people care. I'm not a big baseball guy but I always watch the series.

KCL
11-01-2009, 10:14 PM
I like the atmosphere at a baseball game..went to one this summer that my daughter took us to...we had fun..and it's boring compared to football but there are LOTS of fans.

weazel
11-01-2009, 10:34 PM

LOL, Fox airing the game has nothing to do with the Yankees. It doesn't matter who's freaking playing, the game is scheduled...

for the record, I started watching it but turned it off. It's just way too boring. I'd rather go masturbate with a cheese grater, less painful.

Overtime
11-01-2009, 10:40 PM
My complaint is it's November! Baseball isn't supposed to go into November.

:tsk:

I agree. They need to shorten the ******* season by 62 games, so this crap is over with the time football season starts. The Worthless Series should be finishing up by the 2nd week in September, not the first week of November.

One Sunday night without football...oh noooooooooooo...:rolleyes:

Seriously...I am not big on baseball but it has it's place in this country just as much as football does! It's the friggin World Series!!!!

No...it's the Worthless Series.

And baseball is boring. Almost as boring as watching golf on TV.

:beer: It's about as boring as old people *******. :coffee:

KCL
11-01-2009, 10:43 PM
OT..Is there much of anything you don't bitch about? I mean really?

studbucket
11-01-2009, 10:44 PM
I love baseball as a sport and grew up playing it. I understand "the finer points" and the little things".....

But I hate the MLB and don't give a crap. Screw the world series, screw the 30 teams and diluted talent, screw the 162 game season, screw the players' union, screw the owners, screw the lack of a cap, and screw the Yankees, Red Sox, Mets, and Cubs.

The MLB is dead to me, and will be until wholesale changes are made.

I want my SNF, not a World Series game announced by my least favorite announcer in the world (Joe Buck, stick to baseball please) that I won't even watch for two teams in two markets I can't stand.

Devilspawn
11-02-2009, 12:00 AM
Well good news for you all is that it's almost over now. :elefant:

Shazam!
11-02-2009, 12:14 AM
I hate the ****ing Yankees. There are so many phony imposter Yankees fans here (in NY) it's disgusting.

Devilspawn
11-02-2009, 12:20 AM
I hate the ****ing Yankees. There are so many phony imposter Yankees fans here it's disgusting.
Who? What makes you say this?
EDIT: Did you mean this forum or the Bronx? I forgot for a sec that you live here.

Poet
11-02-2009, 12:21 AM
I hate the ****ing Yankees. There are so many phony imposter Yankees fans here it's disgusting.

That I'll give you. I don't think any franchise has as many bandwagon fans as they do. That being said I don't hate them. They do what I want my team to do (the Reds) but they CAN do it and we can't. Thems the breaks I guess.

Shazam!
11-02-2009, 02:13 AM
I meant in the Bronx, NY DS. I should've been more specific. My bad.

OrangeHoof
11-02-2009, 02:36 AM
Well, you never know what's going to happen at a baseball game.

Take tonight's, for example.

The Phillies had just tied the game at 4-4 and looked to have all the momentum to tie the Series. Brad Lidge had easily retired the first two hitters when Johnny Damon fouled off several pitches before lining a single to left.

The next hitter was a lefthanded pull hitter so the Phillies put a shift on where the shortstop played close to 2B and the third baseman played where the shortstop normally plays, leaving a huge hole where the third baseman should normally be.

Damon took off running for second and stole the base. When he noticed the third baseman had gone over to catch the throw to second by the catcher, Damon got up and ran to third since there was nobody over at third to cover the bag.

Having a runner on third forced Lidge to throw more fastballs since his deadly slider in the dirt might skip away from the catcher so the Yankees then ripped him for three runs.

The Yankees won, 7-4, but it all happened because one player alertly realized that a normally covered base had been left wide open for him to run to which changed the rest of the inning. That's the beauty of baseball but I can understand why some people would rather watch cars making a bunch of left turns in a big circle over something like that.

ursamajor
11-02-2009, 03:55 AM
That I'll give you. I don't think any franchise has as many bandwagon fans as they do. That being said I don't hate them. They do what I want my team to do (the Reds) but they CAN do it and we can't. Thems the breaks I guess.

Bet you were creaming all over yourself in 1990. Crap I wish Lou could get my Cubbies up like he did your Reds that year.

ursamajor
11-02-2009, 04:03 AM
Well, you never know what's going to happen at a baseball game.

Take tonight's, for example.

The Phillies had just tied the game at 4-4 and looked to have all the momentum to tie the Series. Brad Lidge had easily retired the first two hitters when Johnny Damon fouled off several pitches before lining a single to left.

The next hitter was a lefthanded pull hitter so the Phillies put a shift on where the shortstop played close to 2B and the third baseman played where the shortstop normally plays, leaving a huge hole where the third baseman should normally be.

Damon took off running for second and stole the base. When he noticed the third baseman had gone over to catch the throw to second by the catcher, Damon got up and ran to third since there was nobody over at third to cover the bag.

Having a runner on third forced Lidge to throw more fastballs since his deadly slider in the dirt might skip away from the catcher so the Yankees then ripped him for three runs.

The Yankees won, 7-4, but it all happened because one player alertly realized that a normally covered base had been left wide open for him to run to which changed the rest of the inning. That's the beauty of baseball but I can understand why some people would rather watch cars making a bunch of left turns in a big circle over something like that.

You can ask my wife, I told her right after Damon saw his 7th pitch that the Yanks were about to rally, and it would be game over. After he got his single, I told her that the Phillies were lucky that he didn't yard it, and they needed to pull that pitcher. That he was about to crumble. You can read this crap. She didn't think so, then whammo, blown defense allowing Johnny to get 3rd for free on his steal of second. Everything was going the Yankees' way. Even the foul ball that had it been anything else, would have been out 3 with the airhead crap that A-Rod pulled on 2nd.

I knew that the Phillies had no shot at that point. Hell if that last batter would have held up on first, I think we would have seen one of the most bungled 9th innings in World Series history.

Poet
11-02-2009, 10:55 AM
Bet you were creaming all over yourself in 1990. Crap I wish Lou could get my Cubbies up like he did your Reds that year.

I was 3 hahahhahahahaha.

Overtime
11-02-2009, 12:01 PM

I don't know what game you were watching but the 3rd baseman was not covering the shortstop position, he was over talking to one of the coaches and the replay clearly showed him coming up from the area of the Phillies dugout.

Joe Buck even pointed this out during the game when the play happened.

:rolleyes:

KCL
11-02-2009, 12:34 PM
I don't know what game you were watching but the 3rd baseman was not covering the shortstop position, he was over talking to one of the coaches and the replay clearly showed him coming up from the area of the Phillies dugout.

Joe Buck even pointed this out during the game when the play happened.

:rolleyes:

Don't tell me..You were watching the game?????? okay do tell me..were you?

ursamajor
11-02-2009, 01:46 PM
I was 3 hahahhahahahaha.

3 as in 3 years old? I thought you were older than me.

Overtime
11-02-2009, 02:38 PM
Don't tell me..You were watching the game?????? okay do tell me..were you?

i was watching Storm Chasers on Discovery, but during commercials I flipped over just to see the score, and I saw the botched play by the Phillies that let Damon get to 3rd. it was tied 4-4, but at that point I knew the Phillies were screwed.

turns out I was right cause when I checked the score this morning it was 7-4 Steroidees. :tsk:

Devilspawn
11-02-2009, 03:35 PM
I meant in the Bronx, NY DS. I should've been more specific. My bad.
Unfortunately I agree with you. I saw TONS and I mean TONS of Yankee hats today. TONS.

Devilspawn
11-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Well there's Monday Night Football tonight, and a GREAT game, too.

Now someone will have to refresh my memory, but was there Sunday Night Football on ESPN during the World Series, but no Monday Night Football? I think this was the case.

KCL
11-02-2009, 05:10 PM
Well there's Monday Night Football tonight, and a GREAT game, too.

Now someone will have to refresh my memory, but was there Sunday Night Football on ESPN during the World Series, but no Monday Night Football? I think this was the case.

:confused: I are confused...:lol:

Devilspawn
11-02-2009, 06:10 PM
heh sorry I should've elaborated.

ESPN is going against the World Series because as a cable wife beater network, they're not nessesarily competing with the Big 4 Networks (CBS, NBC, ABC, Fox)

NBC (and ABC at the time they had MNF) won't compete against Fox as they risk plummeting in the Nielsons during this time slot with brand new programming. You see this all the time, where one of the Big 4 networks will have a major event while the other three show reruns, but most cable wife beater channels continue with their normal programming. In ESPN's case, they're going after the football audience but at the same time not risking a huge ratings dive because they're judged by cable wife beater ratings, not national ratings, if that makes sense.

Poet
11-03-2009, 12:30 AM
3 as in 3 years old? I thought you were older than me.

I'm 21 (almost 22).

Overtime
11-03-2009, 12:40 AM

we know this...it's the only plausible explanation we have as to why it is you're a chiefs fan. :rolleyes:

Poet
11-03-2009, 12:42 AM
we know this...it's the only plausible explanation we have as to why it is you're a chiefs fan. :rolleyes:

I was going to go with geography and loyalty, but maybe that's just...no, it's not just me.

Overtime
11-03-2009, 12:49 AM
I was going to go with geography and loyalty, but maybe that's just...no, it's not just me.

nah...it's either confusion....or just plain downright stupidity. however, I'll give KCL the benefit of the doubt, and just cite is as confusion. :D

Poet
11-03-2009, 12:53 AM
OT, I say this with love; go read a book, man.

Overtime
11-03-2009, 01:20 AM
OT, I say this with love; go read a book, man.

hell i've read about 4,000 since I was in the 2nd grade.

Poet
11-03-2009, 01:25 AM
Playboys don't count.

Devilspawn
11-03-2009, 01:31 AM
Playboys don't count.
Nobody reads Playboy.

Overtime
11-03-2009, 03:06 AM
Playboys don't count.

im talking books.

I was reading Tom Clancy books in the 3rd grade. read "Red Storm Rising" in 3 weeks and understood it all. a month later I had read "Cardinal of the Kremlin" and "No Remorse".

Read all of John Grisham's books that he had out at the time in 5th grade.

read biographies, autobiographies, memoirs, lots of fiction novels, non-fiction, and so on.

KCL
11-03-2009, 06:39 AM

nah...it's either confusion....or just plain downright stupidity. however, I'll give KCL the benefit of the doubt, and just cite is as confusion. :D

:rolleyes::coffee::rolleyes:

It's okay King...he wouldn't get it! And I don't care if he does!

frauschieze
11-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Nobody reads Playboy.

I do. :hi:

Devilspawn
11-03-2009, 09:51 AM
I do. :hi:
I would too... if they were in braille. :elefant:

Devilspawn
11-05-2009, 12:52 AM
See. That wasn't so bad, was it?

Now you get your Sunday Night Football back. We get our World Series swagger back. Everyone's happy. :)

Aren't you happy? :)

I know I'm happy. :)

Devilspawn
11-05-2009, 12:55 AM
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab50/oocoocachoo/YES3.jpg

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab50/oocoocachoo/YES.jpg

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab50/oocoocachoo/YES5.jpg

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab50/oocoocachoo/YES7.jpg

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab50/oocoocachoo/YES2.jpg

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab50/oocoocachoo/YESCore4.jpg

:)

jhildebrand
11-05-2009, 01:14 AM
Did the yankees do something? :confused:

Congrats Devilspawn. I am sure it makes the sports world more palatable for you right now.

Devilspawn
11-05-2009, 01:20 AM
Did the yankees do something? :confused:

Congrats Devilspawn. I am sure it makes the sports world more palatable for you right now.
Two owners of my favorite teams were born on the 4th of July. One of them "gets it".

*turns to Al Davis, looks at watch*

Shazam!
11-05-2009, 02:04 AM
All these idiots here are honking their horns all night long. ****ing ****s.

Devilspawn
11-05-2009, 11:06 AM
All these idiots here are honking their horns all night long. ****ing ****s.
Dude unfortunately I have to agree with you. I step out the door, Yankee hats and jackets a plenty. The train, littered with them. I can't argue though, I'm buying some Championship hoodies myself. :elefant:

Shazam!
11-05-2009, 11:12 AM
9 out of 10 Yankee 'fans' here aren't fans at all. Not only do they know nothing about baseball, but a Yankee could walk by them in the street and they wouldn't know them.

Poet
11-05-2009, 03:21 PM
9 out of 10 Yankee 'fans' here aren't fans at all. Not only do they know nothing about baseball, but a Yankee could walk by them in the street and they wouldn't know them.

On a sidenote, have you ever ran into any sport stars?

Overtime
11-05-2009, 09:46 PM
to hell with the Yankees. buncha frauds, roid users,and cheaters. their championship is tainted.

Shazam!
11-05-2009, 11:39 PM
On a sidenote, have you ever ran into any sport stars?

Gary Carter, Browning Nagle, Scott Kaminieki, Darryl Strawberry and three guys from Anthrax (the classic metal band, not sports guys but still) live (lived, not sure now) close by. I also worked with a guy who was drafted by the Mets in 1980 or 1979 or something but he was a degenerate gambler and ruined his shot. Dumb ****.

Shazam!
11-05-2009, 11:42 PM
to hell with the Yankees. buncha frauds, roid users,and cheaters. their championship is tainted.

Mercenaries. Don't forget a squad of mercenaries.

Devilspawn
11-07-2009, 03:10 AM
Parade was awesome. Can't wait for next year's. :elefant:

Overtime
11-08-2009, 01:34 AM
Parade was awesome. Can't wait for next year's choke job to BoSox.

fixed it for ya.

Shazam!
11-08-2009, 02:30 AM
Parade was awesome.

It was? Really.

Do you live in NY?