PDA

View Full Version : Recipe Thread

dogfish
01-03-2008, 11:59 PM
i did a search, and we don't appear to have one of these here-- apologies to those of who who've already seen some of these recipes on mania. . .

feel free to share your favorites!

i'll start with what i had for dinner tonight. . .

Roasted Chicken and Vegetable Burritos

3 half chicken breasts
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
6 green onions, sliced
1 cup black beans, drained
I cup whole kernel corn
1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
4 buds of garlic, chopped
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
½ tsp ground cumin
Juice of 1 whole lime
2-3 T olive oil
5-6 large flour tortillas
2-3 cups Monterey jack cheese, shredded

Optional
Sour cream
Salsa
Hot sauce

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Chop chicken breasts and onions into bite-sized pieces, jullienne peppers. Combine chicken, peppers, spices and oil in 9 x 13 pyrex baking pan. Stir until ingredients are thoroughly coated with oil. Bake for 30 minutes, remove from oven and stir. Add corn, beans, cilantro and onions—stir in well. Bake for another 20 minutes. Spread sour cream on tortillas if desired, and roll ingredients into burritos with cheese and salsa.

dogfish
01-04-2008, 12:03 AM
Gameday Chili

1 poblano pepper, diced
1 anahiem pepper, diced
1 jalepeno pepper, diced
1 serrano pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
4 tomatoes, peeled and diced
2-3 stalks of celery, sliced
8 buds of garlic, crushed
¼ cup olive oil
1 29 oz can tomato puree
1 ½ lbs. ground beef
7 cups water
1 can each of kidney, pinto and black beans, drained
3 ½ tsp salt
3 ½ tsp chili powder
2 tsp black pepper
½ tsp oregano
¼ tsp ground cumin

Beef seasoning
2 tsp salt
2 tsp chili powder
¾ tsp black pepper

Optional
1 bell pepper, diced
1 cup of whole kernel corn
Any variety hot sauce
½ cup sliced black olives
2 carrots, peeled and sliced into discs

Fry onion, ground beef and seasonings in a separate pan, then drain and set aside. Heat olive oil in a 7 or 8 quart saucepan. Add diced peppers and cook for several minutes on medium heat. Add tomatoes and garlic and cook down for 15-20 minutes. Add water, tomato puree, beef, beans and seasonings. Cook for approximately 30 minutes on medium low. Raise heat back to medium, add vegetables, and cook until vegetables are tender. Turn off heat and let stand at least 20 minutes. Garnish individual servings with diced green onions, cheddar cheese or sour cream.

it's best when it's had a chance to sit in the fridge for a couple of days. . . i like to drink beer while i'm cooking, and pour some into the chili. . . . :beer:

schnooks1
01-04-2008, 06:31 AM
Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies

2¼ cups of flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup packed light brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 cup butter (softened only SLIGHTLY)
2 eggs
2 tsps vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Oven temp. 300 F for 22 to 24 minutes. Makes 30
cookies approx.

Beat the butter and eggs together well, and then add
eggs, sugars and vanilla.

Beat well again until fluffy.

Then gradually add the flour and baking soda until just
blended. Lightly stir in choc chips (and nuts) with a
spoon. Place spoonfuls 2” apart on greased cookie sheet.

The very best when slightly warm!!!

schnooks1
01-04-2008, 06:45 AM
Monkey Bread (Great with Game day chili)

Frozen Bread Dough
Butter
Bread pan or cake pan
Preheat oven to 375

Thaw frozen dough until easy to pull apart, not too soft though
Melt 1-3 sticks butter in a med sized bowl

Grease bread pan or cake pan (I use pam spray works great)

Pull pieces off of thawed bread dough, make them about 2 inches aprox and with a fork or very clean hands dip each piece of dough into the butter covering it very well and place into bread or cake pan. Cover the bottom of pan with bread dough very tightly.

Set pan aside, cover with *clean* kitchen towel and let rise a bit. Once it looks risen (takes about an hour or so) remove towel and put in oven for 40 minutes. (check to make sure done if not add 10 minutes)

When ready to serve dump out into bowl or onto plate. Pull apart to eat. Best when served warm, but very good cool or microwaved next day too.

* can dunk in cinnamon sugar after buttering, before placing in pan, let rise and bake for a great cinnamon bread. Great for breakfast!)

Broncolingus
01-04-2008, 10:51 AM
"Heaven"

- Take bottle of beer out of fridge
- Open bottle of beer*
- Drink bottle of beer

* Option: can pour bottle of beer into frosty mug and drink that way if you are a girl.

Repeat numerous times until you get sleepy or hungry, in which case then go to Taco Cabana (or Taco Bell) for food.

schnooks1
01-04-2008, 01:10 PM
"Heaven"

- Take bottle of beer out of fridge
- Open bottle of beer*
- Drink bottle of beer

* Option: can pour bottle of beer into frosty mug and drink that way if you are a girl.

Repeat numerous times until you get sleepy or hungry, in which case then go to Taco Cabana (or Taco Bell) for food.

I thought this was my dad's secret family recipe!! How did you get it?

GEM
01-04-2008, 01:22 PM
I'm headed out of Denver and over to Dog's house for dinner. :D

Jody
01-05-2008, 09:52 AM
I have a G R E A T recipe for disaster, anyone interested? ;)

Dog...
That first recipe sounds like my mom's that she always invites me over to her house for. It's very good. When she serves it to company everyone raves about it! Great choice.

When I grill steaks, I enjoy grilled onions and sauteed mushrooms.

Portabella mushrooms cut up into about 1-inch or larger sizes, as they shrink in the cooking process.

Butter

Beer (one for the mushrooms to saute and one for you)

Combine mushrooms, butter, and beer in a frying pan. Drink your beer. Bring the mushrooms to a boil then turn down to low (simmer), and keep drinking your beer. While your are drinking your beer and the mushrooms are simmering, it's highly recommended not to forget your steaks are grilling!
Check on your steaks by having one beer by the grill and one beer by the stove, so you never forget where you put your beer. This is also referred to as multi-tasking. During this process, do add more beer to the mushrooms, but not the beer you're drinking, the beer designated for the mushrooms. Again, remember to check on your steaks for a nice medium rare-medium quality. When you check on your steaks, make sure there is no fire that rages out when lifting the lid to the grill, as this can burn off facial hair. Have a water bottle next to your designated grill-beer to douse any flames that may arise during the grilling process. Meanwhile, while you are checking on your steaks, do drink more beer, but do not forget you have mushrooms simmering on the stove. Close lid, set grill-beer down, and go into kitchen where your mushroom beer awaits you. Make sure this entire process does not last longer than 20-25 minutes, depending upon the cut of steak you have grilling.

MileHighWrath
01-05-2008, 11:00 AM
MileHighWrath's Magic Margaritas

One can frozen Limeade
4 beers (Mexican beer works best but any will do)
Tequila, Cuervo Gold (Using empty limeade container measure 1/2 to 3/4 full)

Mix ingredients, salt rim of glass (optional) and pour over ice.

Makes one pitcher

:beer:

Be careful, unlike traditional margaritas, this is almost entirely alcohol, but tastes like a regular margarita and goes down way too easy.

Jody
01-05-2008, 11:44 AM
MileHighWrath's Magic Margaritas

One can frozen Limeade
4 beers (Mexican beer works best but any will do)
Tequila, Cuervo Gold (Using empty limeade container measure 1/2 to 3/4 full)

Mix ingredients, salt rim of glass (optional) and pour over ice.

Makes one pitcher

Be careful, unlike traditional margaritas, this is almost entirely alcohol, but tastes like a regular margarita and goes down way too easy.

Can't wait to try this recipe! Plus, I do not care for Rose's Lime, so this should have a better flavor by far. :D

Bronco9798
01-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Hot dogs

1. Open pack
2. Take knife and gently cut hot dog
3. Place in microwave for 45 seconds
4. Take hot dog out of microwave and place in bun
5. Add Ketchup or Mustard to hot dog
6. Eat hot dog

This is an old recipe my mom passed on to me.

claymore
01-05-2008, 01:41 PM
Hot dogs

1. Open pack
2. Take knife and gently cut hot dog
3. Place in microwave for 45 seconds
4. Take hot dog out of microwave and place in bun
5. Add Ketchup or Mustard to hot dog
6. Eat hot dog

This is an old recipe my mom passed on to me.
I always new you liked Hot Dogs.... :D

slim
01-05-2008, 01:43 PM
Nice, I am always on the lookout for a good Chili recipe. I will have to give that one a try...thanks, dog.

dogfish
01-28-2008, 10:17 PM
thought i'd bump this since i just made some of these. . .

Chicken Enchiladas

3 half chicken breasts
1 large onion, diced
7 cloves of garlic
8 oz cream cheese
1 ½ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
1 tsp chili powder
¾ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp oregano
Juice of ½ of a fresh lime
2-3 cups Colby jack cheese, shredded
12-15 corn tortillas
2 cups enchilada sauce

Splash or two of your favorite hot sauce (optional)
1 16oz can of cooked corn (optional)

Bake the chicken breasts until done all the way through, then put them in the freezer for 15-20 minutes, and when they’re cold shred them finely. Heat a little olive oil in a skillet, and brown onions. Add shredded chicken and seasonings, cook about 10 minutes on low heat—then add cream cheese and cook for about 5 more minutes. Set aside to cool.

Spray or coat a skillet with a little olive oil, and cook tortillas on med-low heat for about 30 seconds per side. Put some enchilada sauce on a plate or pie pan, and rub tortillas in sauce, then fill with chicken and roll into enchiladas. Spray an 11 x 13 pyrex or ceramic pan and place enchiladas in side by side. Smother with cheese and remaining enchilada sauce, and bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes. Can also be smothered with shredded lettuce and diced tomato before serving.

Hawgdriver
01-29-2008, 10:28 AM
I have a bunch of fish in my freezer from a fishing trip last Sept. I had to figure out something to do with it. This is my favorite recipe so far, and credit goes to some dude at sportfisherman.com:

Baked Wahoo:
Oven 400
A couple pates of butter on top of fish
A teeny bit of Minced garlic
a good splash of a light semi dry white wine like a---- oh heck what ever you have thats worth drinking-- but get 2 bottles at store (more later)
Black pepper
Sweet basil
a good swirt of fresh lemon
Cook a while and flip
repeat above
more wine
Don't over cook
If ya want a little smokyness to it, lay fish on bacon
top w/ bacon each side in oven last 1 or 2 min add some capers ( not too many)
Serve over buttered Grits--- no **** you yankees
Art Garfunkle, Rod Stewart or that long haired saxaphone player on the stereo cause you WILL get lucky tonight

Edit: I can't say I support Garfunkle, Stewart, Kenny G, or buttered Grits...but this recipe made me laugh.

dogfish
03-23-2008, 08:14 PM
seems like a good day to talk about food. . . . :D

and since there's been some discussion about green chili recently, and it's come to my attention that some sad souls on here have never even tried it, i thought that i'd share the recipe that i got from my best friend's mom (she was born in CO, but is of mexican descent). . .

Green Chili

Ingredients:

3 tablespoons vegetable cooking oil (not olive oil)
2 or 3 half chicken breasts or 3 to 5 pork chops or steaks (cut into bite sized pieces and lightly salted)
1 large or 2 small cloves of garlic minced
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup of flour
5 or 6 roasted, peeled, chopped green chili peppers (not jalapenos)
1 15 oz. can of whole tomatoes (use all the juice but dice the tomato and remove hard stem)
2 or 3 cups of cold water
salt to taste

Procedure:

Heat the oil in a large pot and add the meat stirring to get the meat cooked on all sides. After the meat has cooked for about 3 minutes add the garlic and onion and continue cooking until the onion is a little soft, maybe another 3 minutes. Add the flour and work it through the meat mixture with a metal spatula for about a minute scraping the bottom of the pan as you mix. Add the chili's, half the tomato/juice, and half the water and bring to a boil stirring constantly. Continue to scrape the bottom of the pot so that the flour doesn't stick and get lumpy. After the chili comes to a boil reduce the heat add salt and let it simmer until the meat is thoroughly cooked. Add more tomato/juice and water if the chili is too thick. Add more chili if it's not spicy enough. If you need to make it hotter buy a couple of jalapenos or one habanero pepper roast, peel, chop, and add them at the end. If you use jalapenos or a habanero be very careful and only handle the peppers with rubber gloves on. They have very dangerous oils that can seriously cause you a lot of pain both on your fingers or God forbid if you get the oil in your eye or nasal membranes.

All of the measurements are approximations. The important thing is to add more of the water and tomato mixture during the cooking process if it looks too thick.

Hawgdriver
03-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Ok, so I've got a freezer full of wahoo and tuna steaks from my fishing trip last September. I needed to find a super simple way to cook 'em up.

1 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup flour
spices (whatever turns you on, but 1-2 tablespoons in total is probably a good amount) I used Old Bay, but you could use anything (cayenne, dill, pepper, garlic, rosemary, etc.)

mix ^^ up

rinse fish and dredge

fry in oil on medium heat until medium golden brown

I improvised with miracle whip and dill relish for a tartar sauce, and that was tasty.

very simple, very tasty

edit: ha...didn't realize I had another fish recipe here... funny...call me fish-man

BeefStew25
03-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Hawg, sear the tuna sushi style. 30 seconds each side.

AlWilsonizKING
03-24-2008, 03:35 PM
"Steak Mashwich"

2-3 Ribeye Steaks
Roasted Garlic Cloves
1/2 Stick Butter
Salt and Pepper (as desired)
3-4 Potatos
1 Red Onion Sliced into "holes"
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
Hot Sauce
2 Cups Flour
1/2 Cup Cream
Hoogie Rolls

Season Steak, add to Hot Olive Oil in skillet at 350*.
Boil Potatos, Drain and return to heat, Smash, Mix in Butter, Cream, Salt and Pepper and Roasted Garlic Cloves.
Pour Hot sauce into bowl and add Onions, Add Flour and mix until blended well.
Add Onions to Vegetable Oil at 360*, fry until done.

To Serve:
1. Spread Hoogie on plate, add DSalt (optional)
2. Spread Mashed Potatos on Hoogie
3. Place Ribeye on Potatos.
4. Add Onions.
5. Serve and enjoy.

PEACE!!!

Hawgdriver
03-24-2008, 05:08 PM
Hawg, sear the tuna sushi style. 30 seconds each side.

You think it's still ok even though it's been frozen for 6 months? Will I catch lycanthropy or be a host for egg-planting vermin?

We did eat a load of tuna sashimi on the boat.

BeefStew25
03-24-2008, 05:27 PM
You think it's still ok even though it's been frozen for 6 months? Will I catch lycanthropy or be a host for egg-planting vermin?

We did eat a load of tuna sashimi on the boat.

Well, you better cook it all the way through. I don't know what is it your freezer. Was it next to the dead Thai boy?

claymore
03-24-2008, 05:38 PM
Was going to post this yesterday. Best ham I have ever had. Very easy with plenty of leftovers. Kids raved about it which is a plus.

Crock-pot Honey Glazed Ham

4 lb ham; boneless, fully cooked
1 can ginger ale
1/4 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon mustard
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Place ham and soda into crock pot. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours. Thirty minutes before serving, combine remaining ingredients, including 3 tablespoon drippings from bottom of slow cooker. Spread over ham and continue heating. Let ham stand for 15 minutes before serving.

Hawgdriver
03-24-2008, 06:07 PM
I tried this one out the other day, and thought it was pretty simple and tasty.

sugar

Enjoy!

SmilinAssasSin27
03-24-2008, 08:12 PM
Cookie Crisp

Buy box of cookie crisp
Open said box (and the bag inside)
pour Cookie Crisp into a pre-purchased cereal bowl
add milk to Cookie Crisp

Cookie Crisp

AlWilsonizKING
03-24-2008, 09:19 PM
"Homemade Ice Cream"

2 Cups Milk
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 tbspoon Vanilla
i30-40 Ice Cubes

Mix all ingredients in a large Ziplock bag. In another bag put in the ice cubes. Put the first bag into the bag with the ice cubes. Shake for 3-4 minutes until mixed well and remove first bag. Empty into a bowl and enjoy.

PEACE!!!

claymore
04-06-2008, 04:11 PM
Amy's Crockpot Ham & Hash Browns

1 28oz bag diced hash browns with peppers & onions
1 1-lb. package diced ham (fully cooked)
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 tsp. garlic pepper
1 tsp. onion powder

Stir everything together in crockpot and cook on low for 3-4 hours.

This sounds good, I will have to try it while the Fam is away. Similar to MB's recipe.

Broncospsycho77
04-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Toast:

Ingredients:
1 slice bread.

Instructions:
1) Put bread into toaster.
2) Push trigger down.
3) Wait 5 minutes before realizing toaster isn't plugged in.
4) Curse.
5)Plug it in and repeat steps 1 and 2.
6) Hope that it doesn't burn. There is no determined way to tell if toast will reach correct consistency and texture. Have fire extenguisher ready if necessary.
7) Wait for bread to pop out of toaster, it should be cooked. Anywhere from light brown to brown-black color is fine.

Optional ingredients: butter, jelly, jam, preserves, assorted cheeses.

Lonestar
04-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Two versions

6-8 slices of bread... or (Version 2) frozen hash brown potato's to cover baking dish
2 Cups grated sharp cheddar cheese..
1 1/2 lbs of bulk Italian sausage fried and drained
6 eggs
1 1.4 Cups of milk
3/4 teaspoon of dry mustard

use this next morning

1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 Cup milk

In a 9X13 well BUTTERED glass baking dish place cubed bread (or V2 hash browns) cover with cheese.

Crumble sausage over cheese layer.

Beat eggs, milk and dry mustard together.. pour over sausage, cheese and bread/hash brown mixture..

Cover with foil and refrigerate over night.

In the morning mix soup and remaining milk together and pour over the mixture..

Bake at 300 for 90 minutes..

BTW I have also placed green chili strips over the top of the egg mixture before refrigerating..

You can substitute the frozen hash browns for the bread and not refrigerate over night and just put it together in the morning and bake..

Eat and die later from heart attack..

Nurse Red
04-06-2008, 06:12 PM
This is one of my favorite foods, and we often joke that it's the best thing my step-dad brought to the relationship when he married my mom... :lol:

I made it tonight, and it rocked...

Easy, quick, and your kids will love it.

Onion Ring Casserole

1 lb. ground beef
2 cups macaroni (or other pasta), cooked
2 cups of cubed or grated colby or cheddar cheese
1 can tomato soup
1 can cream of celery soup
3 oz (1 small can) French's Fried Onion Rings

Brown ground beef, cook pasta. Mix soups, meat, and pasta. Top with cheese (I always WAY over-do the cheese, but I always say you can't have enough cheese, so why not, right?)

Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 min. Remove from oven, top with Onion Rings and place back in the oven for 5 min.

When you take it out, the cheese should be all bubbly and the Onion Rings should be nice and crispy and brown.

Mmmmmmmmmmm.

:hungry:

MOtorboat
04-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Drive to Papa Murphy's.

Open Door.

Order Pepperoni Pizza for 6 bucks.

Drive home.

Set oven to 425. Cook for 12-18 minutes.

Cut into slices.

Enjoy.

Lonestar
04-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Drive to Papa Murphy's.

Open Door.

Order Pepperoni Pizza for 6 bucks.

Drive home.

Set oven to 425. Cook for 12-18 minutes.

Cut into slices.

Enjoy.

YOUR ONLY socially redeeming value is..

Adopted-Bronco: Eddy Mac

MOtorboat
04-06-2008, 06:32 PM
YOUR ONLY socially redeeming value is..

Adopted-Bronco: Eddy Mac

What? Papa Murphy's is good pizza.

MOtorboat
04-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Would you like me to start posting recipes, spice rubs and marinades...because I can do that too...

dogfish
04-06-2008, 06:37 PM
well. . . the whole "order pizza, then eat it" schpiel was almost funny the first three or four times somebody did it, but it got stale pretty quick. . .

MOtorboat
04-06-2008, 06:44 PM
well. . . the whole "order pizza, then eat it" schpiel was almost funny the first three or four times somebody did it, but it got stale pretty quick. . .

Hey now...I drove to Papa Murphy's, and it's 30 minutes away.

Lonestar
04-06-2008, 06:47 PM

If it is any consolation My pizza is ready in 6 minutes.. You made me hungry..

MOtorboat
04-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Here, I'll make up for it.

3 Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts
1/4 lb. of Swiss Cheese, Deli Cut
Can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
Stuffng.

Set oven to 375. Place chicken breasts in baking pan, place Swiss cheese slices over chicken until covered. Smother in cream of mushroom soup and cover with stuffing. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until chicken is done (per your oven...mine takes a little longer.)

Cook some brown rice, place chicken casserole over bed of rice.

Better?

dogfish
04-06-2008, 06:54 PM

dude, i can almost make a pizza in that amount of time. . . :lol:

bit longer if i'm making my own dough, but it's definitely worth it-- i have yet to find a place anywhere that can equal my homemade pizza. . .

MOtorboat
04-06-2008, 06:56 PM

bit longer if i'm making my own dough, but it's definitely worth it-- i have yet to find a place anywhere that can equal my homemade pizza. . .

Me too, but I was in St. Joe shopping...thought I'd pick up a Papa Murphy's pizza...

Broncospsycho77
04-07-2008, 03:44 PM

:laugh::lol:

LMAO! Sorry, but that was a good. I don't care if it was intentional or not.

claymore
04-07-2008, 04:44 PM

bit longer if i'm making my own dough, but it's definitely worth it-- i have yet to find a place anywhere that can equal my homemade pizza. . .Post pics............. I found an awesome Reuben pizza/calzone recipe........

I gave up on making dough. I get it from the bakery for 2 bucks..........:D

Dreadnought
04-08-2008, 11:37 AM
I watched Anthony Bourdain on Travel Channel this weekend. Among other things, the episode showed the authentic traditional method of preparing and cooking Warthog Anuses - apparently a delicacy in Namibia. I did not take notes, but it was pretty simple.

1) Remove the Warthog's anus
2) Throw it in a fire
3) Eat it.

There was no wine recommendation.

claymore
04-08-2008, 11:50 AM
I watched Anthony Bourdain on Travel Channel this weekend. Among other things, the episode showed the authentic traditional method of preparing and cooking Warthog Anuses - apparently a delicacy in Namibia. I did not take notes, but it was pretty simple.

2) Throw it in a fire
3) Eat it.

There was no wine recommendation.I love that show.........

shank
04-08-2008, 01:39 PM
I love that show.........

dirty confession:

i love cooking shows. good eats and iron chef america are my favorite.

bourdaine is meh, but ok. andrew zimmern eats more crazy shit, but is equally annoying.

gionna is hot.

haroldthebarrel
04-08-2008, 01:41 PM

2) Throw it in a fire
3) Eat it.

There was no wine recommendation.

ROFL

girler
04-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Yesterday my kids watched an old Survivorman (the real one, not the faker) and he was lost in the Canadian wilderness somewhere and had no food, so he went into a pond and got a water lily. He boiled (in his hat with hot rocks) the "tuber" that was at the bottom of the lily and ate it. He hadn't eaten in like 3 days, and he said it was disgusting. Then he puked it up. 2 days later he ate 2 roasted snails.

He didn't recommend a wine either. He did say he needed garlic butter though.

Lonestar
04-08-2008, 02:16 PM
dirty confession:

bourdaine is meh, but ok. andrew zimmern eats more crazy shit, but is equally annoying.

gionna is hot.

Was chefs apprentice just after High School, before going into the Navy.. Worked at Central Bank downtown in their executive Dining room, learned alot of techniques but did not keep up with them over the years..

I love to cook but would not want to earn a living doing it.. I still like to cook but you really need qaulity equipment and facilities to do it correctly.. Got my professional French knife back from my ex wife about 15 years after the divorce, I had forgotten about it. Have since rebuilt my "good" knives from scratch.

Cooking for one just does not make it.

turftoad
04-08-2008, 03:39 PM
dirty confession:

gionna is hot.

I watch the food network A LOT.

I love "Diners, Drive Inns and Dives". Guy Fieri cracks me up.

Giada De Laurentiis is hot.

Dreadnought
04-08-2008, 03:53 PM
I watch the food network A LOT.

I love "Diners, Drive Inns and Dives". Guy Fieri cracks me up.

Giada De Laurentiis is hot.

Giada is blistering hot. Mrs D doesn't even get mad when I gawk at her, because its Food Network. Giada has perfect feet, among other things. Thats very rare - 98% of all feet are nasty.

BigDaddyBronco
04-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Giada is blistering hot. Mrs D doesn't even get mad when I gawk at her, because its Food Network. Giada has perfect feet, among other things. Thats very rare - 98% of all feet are nasty.
My wife calls Giada's show (Everyday Italian or something) "Everyday Boobies." She indulges my comments about her low cut, tight shirts. If that show is on while I'm flipping channels, I'm watching it. :shocked:

shank
04-08-2008, 07:37 PM

wow, when i wrote gionna, i meant giada. i guess i was too busy staring at the cleavage to listen to her name!

teeth are VERY high on my list of attractive qualities when it comes to women as well, and i agree hers are pretty amazing.

i'd average it out to say that 100% of guy feet are nasty and about 90% of girl feet are nasty. every once in a while i encounter a pair of girl feet that are just cute as hell for some reason...

Dreadnought
04-08-2008, 07:41 PM
i'd average it out to say that 100% of guy feet are nasty and about 90% of girl feet are nasty. every once in a while i encounter a pair of girl feet that are just cute as hell for some reason...

I agree on guy feet - totally revolting, every one ever made. I would never wear sandals in public, 'cause nobody want to see my nasty old dogs.

Womens feet I'd say even less than 10% are presentable.

AlWilsonizKING
04-08-2008, 10:26 PM
My wife calls Giada's show (Everyday Italian or something) "Everyday Boobies." She indulges my comments about her low cut, tight shirts. If that show is on while I'm flipping channels, I'm watching it. :shocked:

Does she ever cook anything, I can never tell staring a boobs the entire show...:salute:

PEACE!!!

shank
04-08-2008, 11:38 PM
Does she ever cook anything, I can never tell staring a boobs the entire show...:salute:

PEACE!!!

yeah she does, and i'm a picky eater. 9/10 things she makes, i would never eat, but 10/10 i would if she 'persuaded' me to.

dod gamn she's sexy.

Dreadnought
04-09-2008, 06:39 AM

PEACE!!!

I'm with you, Al. My wife does pay attention to the cooking though, and we often eat what we call "Giada meals", which are kind of improvised pasta dishes w/ olive oil, garlic, shallots, peppers, minced tomatoes, chicken, sausage, or what have you (depends on what she has available). Very good fast light meals.

I'll just watch the cleavage though :D

shank
04-09-2008, 02:26 PM
i learned what a dreadnought was today.

i guess i should have put 2 and 2 together a long time ago lol.

lol found this with a quick search: "giada cleavage"

http://taylorville.sunk.org/images/giada_cleavage.jpg

shank
04-09-2008, 02:28 PM
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z202/Jason3768/IMG_5751.jpg

that's my recipe for good tv (so you can't accuse me of getting off-topic)

i'm done.

OB
05-13-2008, 10:56 AM
:bump2:

For Davii's pierogies :whoo:

Davii
05-13-2008, 11:08 AM
i learned what a dreadnought was today.

i guess i should have put 2 and 2 together a long time ago lol.

lol found this with a quick search: "giada cleavage"

http://taylorville.sunk.org/images/giada_cleavage.jpg

Wait a minute. This young lady is on the cooking channel? WTH have I been watching?!

dogfish
05-13-2008, 11:09 AM
Lettuce Wraps

1 ½ cups cooked brown rice
2 cups black beans
12 oz tofu, cubed
1 cup diced green onions
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup diced shitake mushrooms
6 buds of garlic, chopped
2 stalks fresh lemongrass, finely chopped
1 ½ T tamari
1 tsp chili powder
1/8 tsp powdered ginger OR 1-2” piece of fresh ginger root, grated
1 ½ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
Juice of ½ fresh lime
1-2 T olive oil
12 fresh lettuce leaves

Heat oil in large frying pan. Put cubes of tofu in pan and crumble them with the edge of a spatula. Add ½ T of tamari and cook on medium-low heat for several minutes. Add other ingredients (except for lettuce leaves) and cook until vegetables soften, stirring frequently. Serve mixture wrapped in lettuce leaves.

OB
05-13-2008, 11:20 AM
http://michaelscomments.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/giada-delaurentiis-3-08073.jpg

http://www.joeydevilla.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/giada-tomatoes.jpg

tofu dog - eeewwww

Sassy
05-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Cappuccino Walnut Cheesecake

1 cup finely chopped walnuts (I used pecans! )
1 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons butter, melted
32 oz. cream cheese, softened (4-8oz. pkg.)
2 tablespoons flour
4 eggs
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup strongly brewed espresso (bean optional)
1 teaspoon instant coffee

Topping For Cheesecake:
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup espresso
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 tablespoon cinnamon
sugar to taste

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine walnuts, 2 tbsp. sugar, and butter in a bowl and mix well. Pour
mixture into a 9-inch spring form pan and press onto bottom. Set aside.
3. In a food processor (I used a blender) combine cream cheese and the rest of the cup of sugar. Mix until light and fluffy and completely combined.
4. Add flour and eggs one at a time.
5. Add sour cream and cinnamon.
6. Dissolve the instant coffee into the espresso and then add to cream cheese mixture.
7. Pour into pan and bake approximately 1 hour. Some ovens may require 10-15 extra minutes. Shake gently to test. Cake will be firm when done and top will be lightly browned. Cool completely.

Topping:
1. Heat all ingredients and stir until melted.
2. Drizzle topping over cooled cheesecake.
3. Chill cheesecake before serving.

GEM
05-13-2008, 05:20 PM
dirty confession:

gionna is hot.

Watch it shaw! That's my daughter's name, though hers is spelled Gianna.

Sassy
05-13-2008, 05:37 PM
Cappuccino Royales
(I half this recipe!)

Preheat oven to 350
With rack in middle position.

2 cups melted butter (4 sticks)
¼ cup instant coffee powder
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons brandy or rum extract
3 cups white sugar
3 beaten eggs
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 cups milk chocolate chips
5 ½ cups flour (don’t sift-pack down in cup)

Melt the butter in the microwave at 3 minutes
On high. Or melt it in a saucepan over low heat.
Mix in instant coffee, vanilla and rum or brandy
Extract. Stir until coffee powder is dissolved.

Add in the sugar, beaten eggs, baking soda and baking powder. Mix well.

Stir in the chocolate chips. Mix until evenly distributed.

Add the flour in 1 cup at a time, stirring after each
Addition. Mix well.

Form walnut-sized dough balls and roll them in sugar if desired.

Place dough balls on a greased cookie sheet and fatten the dough balls with the back of a metal spatula.

Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes. Let them cool
On the cookie sheet for 2 minutes then place on a wire
Rack.

Yield: 12-14 dozen cookies depending on size.
These will freeze well.

Sassy
05-13-2008, 05:38 PM
Sweet Potato Corn Chowder

3 oz. slab bacon
1 small onion, chopped
½ cup chopped red pepper
½ cup chopped leek
1 tsp. fresh or ½ tsp. dried marjoram leaves
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. black pepper
2 med. sweet potatoes-peeled/cut into ½ inch chunks
1 cup whole kernel corn
1 14.5 oz. can chicken broth
3 cups water
2 tsp. cornstarch
½ cup heavy cream
Fresh thyme sprigs

1. Saute bacon in 4 quart saucepan. Remove bacon with
Slotted spoon.
2. Add red pepper, onion, leek, thyme, marjoram, salt and pepper
To bacon oil. Saute ten minutes.
3. Add sweet potatoes, corn, chicken broth, and 2 ½ cups water to
Mixture in pan. Mix cornstarch into remaining ½ cup water, stir into
Soup mixture. Heat soup to boiling, stir consistently until thickened.
4. Reduce heat to low, stir in cream and bacon. Heat until just bubbles
Start to form. Garnish with fresh thyme, if desired.

Sassy
05-13-2008, 05:39 PM
P.S. None of these are diet! :lol:

frauschieze
05-13-2008, 05:41 PM
SOB. Now I'm hungry.

Sassy
05-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Splenda Blend Sour Cream Pound Cake

3 cups sifted cake flour 1 1/2 cups Splenda granular 1/4 teaspoon baking soda 1 cup butter, softened 6 large eggs 1(8ounce)carton sour cream 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions
Preheat oven to 325 degrees; GREASE and flour a 10-inch tube pan or a 12-cup BUNDT pan; set aside.
Combine flour, Splenda Sugar-Blend for baking, and soda in a large mixing bowl; cut butter into flour mixture with a fork or a pastry blended until crumbly, (this procedure may be done with a mixer at the lowest speed, cover mixing bowl with a tea towel to prevent spattering, I have a guard that fits on my mixer bowl-Kitchen Aid).
Combine eggs, sour cream, and vanilla in a small mixing bowl; add 1/4 of the egg mixture to flour mixture; beat on low speed of an electric mixer until blended; beat at medium speed for 30 seconds or until batter is smooth, stopping to scrap down sides of bowl; REPEAT PROCEDURE 3 times.
Spoon batter into prepared pan; Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean, cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan, cool completely on a wire rack.

GEM
05-13-2008, 05:48 PM
I'm headed over to Sassy's to eat!! :D

Sassy
05-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Ok...here's a healthier recipe! :lol:

“Sassy” Veggie Soup

In a large crock pot add:

3 cans beef broth plus about 1 tbsp. beef granules *
1 lb. hamburger, browned & drained
2 cans Hunts fire roasted tomatoes with garlic
1 can green beans
1 can corn & peppers (butter kernel)
Red, white, green diced onions
Baby carrots (1 small bag)
Celery (diced if you like)
Barley (if you want)
Baby potatoes (diced)
1 bay leaf
Salt & Pepper to taste

*may want more broth…but there may not be room in the crock pot!

Sassy
05-13-2008, 05:51 PM
If you need a "wow" recipe for work or a party...the cookies and the cheesecake ones will do it! :D
The corn chowder is an awesome fall main meal.

My personal agenda: Serve either of these with a fun flavored coffee like hazelnut cream or an espresso or latte.

Davii
05-13-2008, 06:15 PM
Alrighty, here it is, I have used this recipe many many times with great success.

Pierogies are easy to make and are some of the best damn food you will ever have. I use two types of filling, normally Mashed potatoes, cheese and onion, however I also use a Farmer's Cheese filling when I can get it. The recipe below is for the potato filling.

Prep time: about 30-45 mins Cook time 15-20 mins

Potato Filling: Peel and boil about 2 1/2 - 3 lbs of RED potatoes until soft. While the potatoes are boiling, chop up 1 large onion and saute in butter. Mash the potatoes with the sauted onions and 1/2 lb of grated cheddar cheese, add salt, pepper, and garlic to taste. Let the filling cool.

Making the Pierogies

Ingredients

2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup butter, softened and cut into small pieces
stick and 1/2 of butter and 3 Vidalia Sweet onions for sauteing
Fresh minced Garlic for sauteing

Dough
Mix together the flour and salt. Beat the egg, then add all at once to the flour mixture. Add the 1/2 cup sour cream and the softened butter pieces and work until the dough loses most of its stickiness (about 5-7 minutes). Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes for same day prep, or overnight; the dough can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.

Pierogies

Begin sauteing your butter, onions, garlic and if desired peppers (habaneros kick ass!), once butter is melted and onions start to become transparent keep on low heat until ready for sauteing of pierogies.

Roll the pierogie dough on a floured board or countertop until 1/8" thick. Cut circles of dough (2" for small pierogies and 3-3 1/2" for large pierogies) with a cookie cutter or drinking glass. Place a tablespoon of filling (for small) and a tablespoons and a half (for large) on each dough round and fold the dough over, forming a semi-circle. Press the edges together with your fingers or the edges of a fork. YOU MUST ENSURE A GOOD SEAL, water seeping in through holes in the dough or a bad seal will cause the filling to leak out during boiling. If you cant get a good seal your dough is too dry, add a small amount of water and knead into dough.

Boil (slow rolling boil) the perogies a few at a time in a large pot of water. They are done when they float to the top (about 8-10 minutes).

Add pierogies to saute pan and saute over medium heat until lightly crispy and golden brown. When all Sauteing is finished empty contents of saute mixture over pierogies.

Pierogies will be served with all the sauteed stuff with them. Sour cream can be served on the side with pierogies, personally, I like them by themselves or with a glass of white wine.

Dreadnought
05-13-2008, 06:39 PM
If you need a "wow" recipe for work or a party...the cookies and the cheesecake ones will do it! :D
The corn chowder is an awesome fall main meal.

My personal agenda: Serve either of these with a fun flavored coffee like hazelnut cream or an espresso or latte.

Corn chowder ROCKS. You are now not allowed to leave; we will have to hold you hostage, even after the 'Mane is unscrewed up....

I printed that recipe for Mrs. Dreadnought.

Sassy
05-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Corn chowder ROCKS. You are now not allowed to leave; we will have to hold you hostage, even after the 'Mane is unscrewed up....

I printed that recipe for Mrs. Dreadnought.

I am a soup freak!
She'd best triple it! :D

Sassy
05-14-2008, 11:21 PM
Alrighty...I have all the ingredients to make that cheesecake :D

cbs1177
05-16-2008, 10:35 PM
sourcream potatoe cass.

can of mushroom soup
eight red potato
package of chedder cheese
eight oz of sour cream

boil potatoes then skin the skins
chop up into quarters
mix cream of mushroom sourcream and cheese and pour over potato in a cass dish

cook for 30 min at 350 adjust for alt. yadda yadda

cool cass and family favorites at holidays

cbs1177
05-16-2008, 10:41 PM
dessert

tub of cool whip
6 oz of cream cheese
can of eagle milk
vanilla wafers
banana

soften cream cheese mix in cool whip and eagle milk

pour over wafers and cut bananas.

easy and so good.

Watchthemiddle
05-17-2008, 12:03 AM
I.P.A.

4 pounds, Munton and Fison light DME
4 pounds, Geordie amber DME
1 pound, crushed Crystal Malt
1-1/2 ounces, Cascade leaf hops (boil 60 minutes)
1-1/2 ounces, Cascade leaf hops (finishing)
1 teaspoon, Irish Moss
Wyeast #1056 Chico Ale Yeast (1 quart starter made 2 days prior)

Procedure:

Add the crystal malt to cold water and apply heat.

Simmer for 15 minutes or so then sparge into boiling kettle.

Add DME, top up kettle and bring to boil.

When boil starts, add boiling hops and boil for 60 minutes.

10 minutes before end of boil add 1 teaspoon of Irish Moss.

When boil is complete, remove heat, add finishing hops and immediately begin chilling wort.

Strain wort into fermenter and pitch yeast starter.

Primary fermentation should take about 4 days.

After about a week bottle and let set for another 2 weeks

dogfish
05-17-2008, 12:25 AM
you starting some homebrewing, WTM?

Watchthemiddle
05-17-2008, 12:29 AM
you starting some homebrewing, WTM?

Nah...looks to complex for me but I knew you would like that...:salute:

dogfish
05-17-2008, 12:37 AM
Nah...looks to complex for me but I knew you would like that...:salute:

good deal! that's a "beginner's" recipe, which would actually be about my speed-- reid and coach brew the real way, from all grain. . . someday i will learn how. . .

Sassy
05-29-2008, 06:57 PM
Splenda Blend Sour Cream Pound Cake

3 cups sifted cake flour 1 1/2 cups Splenda granular 1/4 teaspoon baking soda 1 cup butter, softened 6 large eggs 1(8ounce)carton sour cream 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions
Preheat oven to 325 degrees; GREASE and flour a 10-inch tube pan or a 12-cup BUNDT pan; set aside.
Combine flour, Splenda Sugar-Blend for baking, and soda in a large mixing bowl; cut butter into flour mixture with a fork or a pastry blended until crumbly, (this procedure may be done with a mixer at the lowest speed, cover mixing bowl with a tea towel to prevent spattering, I have a guard that fits on my mixer bowl-Kitchen Aid).
Combine eggs, sour cream, and vanilla in a small mixing bowl; add 1/4 of the egg mixture to flour mixture; beat on low speed of an electric mixer until blended; beat at medium speed for 30 seconds or until batter is smooth, stopping to scrap down sides of bowl; REPEAT PROCEDURE 3 times.
Spoon batter into prepared pan; Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean, cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan, cool completely on a wire rack.

cbs1177
05-29-2008, 08:25 PM
take cake mix and a 12 oz diet rite cola and mix together and bake as cake mix box says.

viola low fat cake and really really good.

Dreadnought
07-22-2008, 07:58 AM
This is a delicacy from the Inca Gods! First, clean and brine the guinea pigs, cut them up into pieces, rub them with minced fresh garlic and black pepper. Then...deep fry them in coconut oil if possible. Delicious :) For the complete recipe and post visit http://www.flickr.com/photos/cookingdiva/62203219/

If anyone tries this one please review for all of us. It doesn't look bad at all, and perhaps its a good method of ridding yourself of an annoying and unwanted pet rodent!

dogfish
07-22-2008, 12:31 PM
If anyone tries this one please review for all of us. It doesn't look bad at all, and perhaps its a good method of ridding yourself of an annoying and unwanted pet rodent!

sounds like a job for nut. . . .

frauschieze
09-03-2008, 08:39 PM
This is one of my favorite foods, and we often joke that it's the best thing my step-dad brought to the relationship when he married my mom... :lol:

I made it tonight, and it rocked...

Easy, quick, and your kids will love it.

Onion Ring Casserole

1 lb. ground beef
2 cups macaroni (or other pasta), cooked
2 cups of cubed or grated colby or cheddar cheese
1 can tomato soup
1 can cream of celery soup
3 oz (1 small can) French's Fried Onion Rings

Brown ground beef, cook pasta. Mix soups, meat, and pasta. Top with cheese (I always WAY over-do the cheese, but I always say you can't have enough cheese, so why not, right?)

Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 min. Remove from oven, top with Onion Rings and place back in the oven for 5 min.

When you take it out, the cheese should be all bubbly and the Onion Rings should be nice and crispy and brown.

Mmmmmmmmmmm.

:hungry:

Tried this tonight after looking for something quick and easy. MUCH better than I anticipated and my daughter loved it. This will be added into the rotation. Thanks Nurse!

AlWilsonizKING
09-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Got a good one.....

1. Pull up to Arby's drive through.
2. Order a #3 with Curly Fries and a Mtn. Dew no ice.
3. Wait until she says total and clears screen, then add an 8 piece Chicken Shakers.
4. Drive to window.
5. Pay total (Arby's is so damn expensive :mad:)
6. Drive home.
7. Enjoy dinner.

:D

PEACE!!!

claymore
12-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Got this from my new New Mexican buddy...

Green Chili
Brown meat (pork)

Move all browned meat to one side of pan.

Use the grease from the meat to brown about 1 and 1/2 to 2 TBSP of flower (like gravy) Add additional oil to pan if necessary.

After flower is browned and thickened add about 1/2 cup to 1 cup of chopped green chile (Hatch of course) and mix together.

Slowly begin to add and stir in 1 can of Chicken Broth (or water) Chicken broth adds better flavor. Make sure not to add too much to quickly or it will be too watery. Slowly mix to allow thickening.

Add 1 TBS of fresh diced garlic.

Add Onion powder to taste

Add Garlic powder to taste

Add salt to taste.

Makes about 6 to 7 servings. Too make more, add more meat, oil, and broth. Don't forget the chile, the hotter the better.....

horsesense
01-12-2009, 03:23 PM
I slow cooked a turkey in the crock-pot yesterday.

I 6 lb. (bone in) turkey breast.
1 package onion soup mix.
1 small can (8 oz) chicken broth.

Thaw turkey, rinse, and rub down with soup mix, add chicken broth to slow cooker. (just enough to cover the bottom).
Cook on high for 1 hour, and then swithch to low heat for remaining 6-7 hours.
The turkey pulled away from the bone(s), and was delicious. The only thing easier was the clean-up.
Enjoy!!

Lonestar
01-12-2009, 03:28 PM
I slow cooked a turkey in the crock-pot yesterday.

I 6 lb. (bone in) turkey breast.
1 package onion soup mix.
1 small can (8 oz) chicken broth.

Thaw turkey, rinse, and rub down with soup mix, add chicken broth to slow cooker. (just enough to cover the bottom).
Cook on high for 1 hour, and then switch to low heat for remaining 6-7 hours.
The turkey pulled away from the bone(s), and was delicious. The only thing easier was the clean-up.
Enjoy!!

think I would have added some veggies potato's and carrots and maybe some red onions quartered just to add some flavor to both.. fill that crock pot to the brim so to speak while your cooking get the most out of it..

Thanks for sharing your recipe

horsesense
01-12-2009, 03:44 PM
You can do that, but the soup mix adds plenty of flavor. Ive never cooked red onions. Ive eaten plenty raw (on salads and such), but have heard brown, and yellow are for cooking.

Lonestar
01-12-2009, 03:59 PM
You can do that, but the soup mix adds plenty of flavor. Ive never cooked red onions. Ive eaten plenty raw (on salads and such), but have heard brown, and yellow are for cooking.

the red ones cook up really nice and caramelize real well and are IMO sweeter as well as give a nice color to the plate..

all can be cooked, roasted, sautéed equally the same.. I just prefer the taste of the red one then of course there are the vidailas they are the sweetest of the group..

horsesense
01-12-2009, 04:03 PM
the next steak I grill Im gonna try the red onions. Thanks for the info.

Lonestar
01-12-2009, 04:05 PM
the next steak I grill Im gonna try the red onions. Thanks for the info.

sauté them in real butter slowly,, brings out the sweetness in them..

horsesense
01-31-2009, 08:19 PM
so, Ive slow cooked one of those pre packaged santa maria tri-tips for tomorrows machaca, but I added enough potatoes (sliced), and a half bag of baby carrots when i started for an extra meal or two. I took out 75% of the meat after slow cooking apprx. 8 hours. that Ive put away in a zip lock bag until Im ready for it tomorrow. The veggies and the rest of the meat can be folded/mixed together while leaving the crock pot on warm. I use these leftovers for taquitos, and tacos, and theyre awesome. Everyone loves these as appitizers. Even the little ones as they cant really taste the veggies. I cut the taquitos in half and serve'em with guacamole or use for taco meat the next day.

Lonestar
02-04-2009, 09:12 PM
Worst "Healthy" Sandwich Blimpie Veggie Supreme (12") 1,106 calories
6 g fat (33 g saturated fat) 2,831 mg sodium 96 g carbohydrates
Sure, a Veggie Supreme sandwich sounds healthy, but this foot-long comes with three different kinds of cheese, and it’s drenched in oil. After Blimpie gets done with this vegetarian nightmare, you’d be better off consuming two Big Macs than sitting down with this sandwich.

Worst Kids' Meal Chili’s Pepper Pals Country-Fried Chicken Crispers with Ranch Dressing and Homestyle Fries 1,110 calories 82 g fat (15 g saturated) 1,980 mg sodium 56 g carbohydrates
Most kids, if given the choice, would live on chicken fingers for the duration of their adolescent lives. If those chicken fingers happened to come from Chili’s, it might be a shorter one. A moderately active 8-year-old boy should eat around 1,600 calories a day. This single meal plows through 75 percent of that allotment. So unless he plans to eat carrots and celery sticks for the rest of the day (and we know he doesn’t), find a healthier chicken alternative.

Worst Dessert Romano’s Macaroni Grill Dessert Ravioli 1,630 calories
74 g fat 33 g saturated fat 1,150 mg sodium 223 g carbohydrates
Would you eat a Quarter Pounder for dessert? How about four? That’s how many it takes to match the calorie-load of this decadent dish. It’s the quickest way to ruin what may have been a sensible dinner. (Then again, if dinner was at Macaroni Grill, chances are it was anything but sensible.)

Worst Burger Chili’s Smokehouse Bacon Triple-The-Cheese Big Mouth Burger with Jalapeno Ranch Dressing 2,040 calories 150 g fat (53 g saturated) 110 g protein
4,900 mg sodium
You know this burger's in trouble when it takes more than 20 syllables just to identify it. If you think the name’s a mouthful, just wait until the burger hits the table. You’ll be face-to-face with two-and-a-half days' worth of fat—a full third of which is saturated. To do that much damage with roasted sirloin, you’d have to eat about eight 6-ounce steaks. (It’s nearly three days’ worth of saturated fat.)

Worst Starter Uno Chicago Grill Pizza Skins (full order) 2,400 calories 155 g fat (50 g saturated) 3,600 mg sodium
This appetizer is like eating a Large Domino’s Hand-Tossed Sausage Pizza! Would you ever think of saying to a waiter: “Why don’t you start me off with a large meat pizza?” If you’re ordering for a party of more than five, it might be OK, but for smaller groups, it's tilting toward gluttony gone wild. Order the Thai Vegetable Pot Stickers instead—the only item carrying fewer than 800 calories.

The Worst Food of 2009 Baskin Robbins Large Chocolate Oreo Shake 2,600 calories
135 g fat (59 g saturated fat, 2.5 g trans fats) 263 g sugars1,700 mg sodium
We didn’t think anything could be worse than Baskin Robbins' 2008 bombshell, the Heath Bar Shake. After all, it had more sugar (266 grams) than 20 bowls of Froot Loops, more calories (2,310) than 11 actual Heath Bars, and more ingredients (73) than you’ll find in most chemist labs. Rather than coming to their senses and removing it from the menu, they did themselves one worse and introduced this caloric catastrophe. It’s soiled with more than a day’s worth of calories and three days worth of saturated fat, and, worst of all, usually takes less than 10 minutes to sip through a straw.

For the complete list of the 20 Worst Foods in America 2009,

http://www.menshealth.com/eatthis/20-Worst-Foods-2009/index.php?cm_mmc=Yahoo_Blog-_-ETNT-_-The_20_Worst_Foods_in_America_2009-_-The_20_Worst_Foods

Dreadnought
10-08-2009, 08:36 AM
Consisting of a bacon cheeseburger with a buttered, grilled and glazed doughnut standing in for a bun, the Craz-E Burger puts such fatty delights as the deep-fried Mars bar in the shade.

Its 1,500 calories of sugar and saturated fat did not stop it from becoming a huge hit at a major fair in Massachusetts.

Organisers of the Big E, which finished on Sunday, said visitors bought around 1,000 Craz-E burgers each day of the fair's 17-day run.

The fair's website described it as "classic fair food" but noted: "No single ingredient dominates the burger. They all complement each other with artistry expected from a celebrity chef."

It added: "The glaze smooths over the burger and oozes into a foreign but delicious combination with the crisp of the bacon."

The burger was believed to have been created by a bar owner in Decatur, Georgia, who substituted a doughnuts when he ran out of buns.

The restaurant also serves a hamdog, a hotdog wrapped in a beef patty and deep-fried.

The Decatur doughnut burger was named the Luther Burger after the singer and record producer Luther Vandross, who is said to be a fan.

The Gateway Grizzlies, a minor league baseball team in Illinois, serves the Luther burger at games, piling on further coronary heartache by deep-frying the Krispy Kreme doughnut used as the bun.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01496/donut_1496819c.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/6267060/Craz-E-Burger-Americans-embrace-1500-calorie-doughnut-burger.html

scottieboy561
10-15-2009, 02:31 PM
Man Burgers

its kinda ruff cuse i just wing it but there always amazing

get some burger patties
mash em up
add brown suger and bbq souce
saute some chooped onions and bacon together
cook the meat till crispy
note these should not be in the form of burgers there open face
toast a roll or other form of bread
lay down your man meat
sprinkle large amounts of chedder or swiss cheese
top with sour cream and enjoy

there amazing i tell you sorry its kinda sloppy ill try to get exact stuff this week

Dreadnought
11-20-2009, 10:41 AM
With my wife being very sick since last weekend, I have had charge of the kitchen and related stuff since Saturday. Out of this I present Dreadnought Schnitzel, a dinner of my own invention and of which I am mighty proud

Take boneless pork chops or pork tenderloin. Pound Hell out of them until they are really thin, like maybe 1/16". Dip in egg, flour, and fry in olive oil, sprinkiling a good bit of paprika on them as they fry. While these are frying do up the sauce.

The sauce is prepared as follows.

1/4 cup light cream
1 large onion
1 Hungarian wax pepper
1/2 cup white wine
Hungarian paprika
white pepper
a couple of cloves of garlic
a bit of butter
salt

Chop up and sautee the garlic, onion and pepper in the white wine and butter. Once these are pretty well cooked stir in the cream and season with white pepper, salt, and paprika to taste. Serve the whole mess on top of egg noodles. I accompanied it with white wine from a box. Its actually pretty easy and fairly cheap but it looks like a complicated fancy meal. I earned major points for this one

claymore
11-20-2009, 10:47 AM
With my wife being very sick since last weekend, I have had charge of the kitchen and related stuff since Saturday. Out of this I present Dreadnought Schnitzel, a dinner of my own invention and of which I am mighty proud

Take boneless pork chops or pork tenderloin. Pound Hell out of them until they are really thin, like maybe 1/16". Dip in egg, flour, and fry in olive oil, sprinkiling a good bit of paprika on them as they fry. While these are frying do up the sauce.

The sauce is prepared as follows.

1/4 cup light cream
1 large onion
1 Hungarian wax pepper
1/2 cup white wine
Hungarian paprika
white pepper
a couple of cloves of garlic
a bit of butter
salt

Chop up and sautee the garlic, onion and pepper in the white wine and butter. Once these are pretty well cooked stir in the cream and season with white pepper, salt, and paprika to taste. Serve the whole mess on top of egg noodles. I accompanied it with white wine from a box. Its actually pretty easy and fairly cheap but it looks like a complicated fancy meal. I earned major points for this one
Sounds good as hell. WTF is a hungarian wax pepper though?

Dr Velcro
11-20-2009, 10:50 AM
Man Burgers

its kinda ruff cuse i just wing it but there always amazing

get some burger patties
mash em up
add brown suger and bbq souce
saute some chooped onions and bacon together
cook the meat till crispy
note these should not be in the form of burgers there open face
toast a roll or other form of bread
lay down your man meat
sprinkle large amounts of chedder or swiss cheese
top with sour cream and enjoy

there amazing i tell you sorry its kinda sloppy ill try to get exact stuff this week

Michael: Guys! Beef: it's what's for dinner! Who wants some man meat?
Dwight: I do! I want some man meat!
Jim: Michael, Dwight would like your man meat.
Michael: Well then, my man meat he shall have.

Dreadnought
11-20-2009, 10:50 AM
Sounds good as hell. WTF is a hungarian wax pepper though?

We have them in our fancy-Dan northeastern grocery store produce sections. Italian peppers would work too I think, though they're not as hot