PDA

View Full Version : How about hiring Mike Leach as offensive Coord.

Npba900
01-03-2008, 06:51 PM
How about hiring Mike Leach as offensive Coord.

Humdinger(sp), has had two years to show what he's got....and has not shown much at all. Now I don't know how much this is due to Shanahan's philosophy, but I think Denver should offer the OC job to Texas Tech's head coach Mike Leach! Coach Leach has proven time and time again that he knows the aerial passing game. Its a great match for Denver, especially with a strong armed Cutler and the Broncos cast of current receivers.

If anything, Leach's passing innovations will breath new life into the Broncos stagnant and stale offense. Lets go ahead and offer the offensive genius of the College Football passing game a contract he can't refuse. Leach currently earns around $1.275 million per year at Texas Tech.

Mike Shanahan should relate to a passing genius like Leach b/c the passing game is who Shanahan once was known for, especially with the Forty Niners! Someone gave Shanahan a chance/opportunity to become an un-proven NFL Offensive Coordinator....why not extend the opportunity to Mike Leach!!!

I bet Leach would leave Texas Tech if the Bronco's offered him a 6 year guaranteed deal of lets say $2.5 million per year the first 3 years, and then $3.5 million his last three years. Bowlens pockets are deep! and of course, coaches salaries do not count against the salary cap. So there no financial excuses here! Perhaps a lack of vision and thinking outside the box on behalf of the Broncos---should choose not to hire Leach, but Denver can dam sure afford it!

Mike Leach, arguably one of the most innovative offensive coaches in the country, has not only transformed Texas Tech Football, but also the face of college football with an all-out aerial assault. This is evidenced by the number of programs incorporating more passing into their schemes than before. Leach's offense has become a hot, imitable commodity; but none have mastered it like the eighth-year Red Raider head coach.

Leading the nation's most prolific passing offenses in the country, Leach, who received the All-American Football Foundation's Johnny Vaught Head Coach Award last year, spreads the field with his exciting brand of football and guided the Red Raiders to four-straight NCAA passing titles and three-consecutive total offense titles during his tenure. Leach's offense produced school records in nearly every passing category in 2000, but surpassed those numbers in each of the last seven seasons. His seven teams have combined for over 151 team and individual records at Tech.

Texas Tech has established itself as one of the nation's leading producer of quarterbacks since the 2000 season. Quarterback Graham Harrell turned in the fourth-best single-season passing performance for a sophomore in NCAA history, throwing for 4,555 yards in his starting debut last year. Tech also won at least eight games for the fifth-straight season for the first time in school history. Cody Hodges and Kliff Kingsbury each posted nine-win seasons during their careers, while 2003 and 2004 signal callers B.J. Symons and Sonny Cumbie and Harrell each won eight games in their respective seasons as the starter.

http://texastech.cstv.com/sports/m-f...ch_mike00.html

BOSSHOGG30
01-03-2008, 06:54 PM
We would not be a good team if we passed every down.

aberdien
01-03-2008, 06:55 PM
I don't really want to pass the ball 95% of the time though. We aren't the Patriots...

TXBRONC
01-03-2008, 06:58 PM
How about hiring Mike Leach as offensive Coord.

Humdinger(sp), has had two years to show what he's got....and has not shown much at all. Now I don't know how much this is due to Shanahan's philosophy, but I think Denver should offer the OC job to Texas Tech's head coach Mike Leach! Coach Leach has proven time and time again that he knows the aerial passing game. Its a great match for Denver, especially with a strong armed Cutler and the Broncos cast of current receivers.

If anything, Leach's passing innovations will breath new life into the Broncos stagnant and stale offense. Lets go ahead and offer the offensive genius of the College Football passing game a contract he can't refuse. Leach currently earns around $1.275 million per year at Texas Tech.

Mike Shanahan should relate to a passing genius like Leach b/c the passing game is who Shanahan once was known for, especially with the Forty Niners! Someone gave Shanahan a chance/opportunity to become an un-proven NFL Offensive Coordinator....why not extend the opportunity to Mike Leach!!!

I bet Leach would leave Texas Tech if the Bronco's offered him a 6 year guaranteed deal of lets say $2.5 million per year the first 3 years, and then $3.5 million his last three years. Bowlens pockets are deep! and of course, coaches salaries do not count against the salary cap. So there no financial excuses here! Perhaps a lack of vision and thinking outside the box on behalf of the Broncos---should choose not to hire Leach, but Denver can dam sure afford it!

Mike Leach, arguably one of the most innovative offensive coaches in the country, has not only transformed Texas Tech Football, but also the face of college football with an all-out aerial assault. This is evidenced by the number of programs incorporating more passing into their schemes than before. Leach's offense has become a hot, imitable commodity; but none have mastered it like the eighth-year Red Raider head coach.

Leading the nation's most prolific passing offenses in the country, Leach, who received the All-American Football Foundation's Johnny Vaught Head Coach Award last year, spreads the field with his exciting brand of football and guided the Red Raiders to four-straight NCAA passing titles and three-consecutive total offense titles during his tenure. Leach's offense produced school records in nearly every passing category in 2000, but surpassed those numbers in each of the last seven seasons. His seven teams have combined for over 151 team and individual records at Tech.

Texas Tech has established itself as one of the nation's leading producer of quarterbacks since the 2000 season. Quarterback Graham Harrell turned in the fourth-best single-season passing performance for a sophomore in NCAA history, throwing for 4,555 yards in his starting debut last year. Tech also won at least eight games for the fifth-straight season for the first time in school history. Cody Hodges and Kliff Kingsbury each posted nine-win seasons during their careers, while 2003 and 2004 signal callers B.J. Symons and Sonny Cumbie and Harrell each won eight games in their respective seasons as the starter.

http://texastech.cstv.com/sports/m-f...ch_mike00.html

Leach's style of offense would not work in the NFL nor is compatible with Shanahan's offensive philosophy.

Npba900
01-03-2008, 06:59 PM
We would not be a good team if we passed every down.

I don't think we would be inclined to pass every down.....just allow the passing game to get un tracked and little more consistent.

frauschieze
01-03-2008, 07:00 PM
I read the title of this thread and thought it was about my adopted Bronco.

MOtorboat
01-03-2008, 07:02 PM
I read the title of this thread and thought it was about my adopted Bronco.

He'd be a better coordinator in the pros, so I can see why you would have thought that...

TXBRONC
01-03-2008, 07:03 PM
I don't think we would be inclined to pass every down.....just allow the passing game to get un tracked and little more consistent.

Leach would want to pass every down. As I said Leach's style would not be compatible with Shanahan's philosophy for that matter it wouldn't be Leach's philosophy isn't compatible with NFL.

MOtorboat
01-03-2008, 07:15 PM
I think he would want to throw more than Shanny would allow...

That said, I think Denver could learn a thing or two from this 'vertical' passing game and how he stretches the field...

Of course, when your QB is ducking every other down because the o-line can't handle 4 defensive linemen, that doesn't leave much time to throw long...

Oh, sounds like we've found the problem...

He doesn't stretch ****....He does screen pass, screen pass, crossing route, screen pass, screen pass, crossing route, screen pass...

Broncolingus
01-03-2008, 07:16 PM
He doesn't stretch ****....He does screen pass, screen pass, crossing route, screen pass, screen pass, crossing route, screen pass...

Once again...set straight for the idiot I am.

MOtorboat
01-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Once again...set straight for the idiot I am.

I didn't want to sound like I was patronizing you....Leach does try a few shots down field, mostly on wheel-type routes that complement the underneath crossing patterns, but they don't do a lot of stuff down the field, because they don't have the time. They have those wide spaces between the offensive lineman to try and open up passing lanes quickly and so that their quarterback can get the ball away quickly.

It will never work in the NFL, just like the spread option, the flexbone and the wishbone before it...linebackers are just too fast.

Lonestar
01-03-2008, 07:29 PM
NO OLINE NO PASSING.. Nothing to keep the DLINE honest, Jay is retired in 2009 after 12 concussions.3

Besides hummer is mikeys best friend he does not go unless mikey goes..

Its not the offense stupid..

dogfish
01-03-2008, 07:29 PM
if we want to abandon the running game, we could just hire mike "i wasted the last good years of marshall faulk's career" martz. . .

Simple Jaded
01-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Mike Leach from Texas Tech?

F' NO!!!!!!......Hell no!

I'd rather have Mike Leach the deep snapper coordinate the offense, I mean that......

Bronco9798
01-03-2008, 09:11 PM
I dont think so,,good grief..

slim
01-03-2008, 09:25 PM
NO OLINE NO PASSING.. Nothing to keep the DLINE honest, Jay is retired in 2009 after 12 concussions.3

Besides hummer is mikeys best friend he does not go unless mikey goes..

Its not the offense stupid..

That's the problem...dinger really needs to go. He won't, but he needs to.

NameUsedBefore
01-03-2008, 09:26 PM
First I thought you were talking about our long snapper (:salute:).

Anyway, no. First, Mike Leach is kinda crazy. I got a friend who attends that university and while he's a big fan of the team and the coach, there's plenty of examples of the guy being kinda loopy. Of course this is an exaggeration and it doesn't really pertain to his coaching ability; but all I have to say is this: pirates.

Second, all he does is pass. Pass. Pass. Ru--no, playaction, pass. Wouldn't work in the NFL.

Third, having two Mike Leach's on the same team would blow my mind.

Fourth, only the second had anything to do with anything.

Fifth, there is no fifth.

Sixth, ???.

Seventh, profit.

Broncogator
01-03-2008, 09:43 PM
We need Zam.

TXBRONC
01-03-2008, 10:06 PM
First I thought you were talking about our long snapper (:salute:).

Anyway, no. First, Mike Leach is kinda crazy. I got a friend who attends that university and while he's a big fan of the team and the coach, there's plenty of examples of the guy being kinda loopy. Of course this is an exaggeration and it doesn't really pertain to his coaching ability; but all I have to say is this: pirates.

Second, all he does is pass. Pass. Pass. Ru--no, playaction, pass. Wouldn't work in the NFL.

Third, having two Mike Leach's on the same team would blow my mind.

Fourth, only the second had anything to do with anything.

Fifth, there is no fifth.

Sixth, ???.

Seventh, profit.

Leach's offense wouldn't work in the NFL in my opinion.

SoCoPoCo
01-04-2008, 04:41 AM
Yeah, yeah...and if Leach can't make it we can always go find the Godfather of the Run and Shoot, Mouse Davis - he could always put some points on the board. We'll get Andre Ware to run the offense and...wait, Colt Brennan would want to come to Denver if we hired June Jones..

YEEESH!