PDA

View Full Version : Broncos 2008 Opponents Finalized

Lonestar
01-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Broncos 2008 Opponents Finalized
By TheSportsGuru
Posted on Thu Jan 03, 2008 at 09:46:45 AM EDT

Loyal MHR reader mdierk started the conversation in this Diary.

Fourteen of the Broncos sixteen opponents on the schedule are pre-determined every year using the rotating schedule system. Next season those divisions are the NFC South and AFC East. The other 2 are based on the team's finish. Despite the Broncos finishing with a losing record, the AFC West was horrible and the Broncos still finished in 2nd place. Because of that "lofty" placement, the Broncos earned match ups with the second place team from the AFC North and AFC South, and neither will be easy.

The actual schedule won't be released until March we do know who we'll face at home and on the road. Here's how it breaks down --

HOME SCHEDULE -- Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, Buffalo, Miami, Tampa Bay, New Orleans, Jacksonville(2nd in AFC South)

AWAY SCHEDULE -- Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, New England, NY Jets, Atlanta, Carolina, Cleveland(2nd in AFC North)

Let's take a look at how each team fared in '07.

Division Opponents --

Kansas City(4-12) -- Early last summer I said the Chiefs would be awful. The offensive line was a shell of it's former self, and uncertainty at the quarterback position. All that, then Larry Johnson goes down. Talk about a recipe for disaster. The Chiefs have alot of work to do this off-season, and it started with Herm Edwards firing most of his offensive coaching staff. The Chiefs have alot of holes, and while a solid Top-10 draft pick should help, the team is getting old at other skill positions(Tony Gonzalez) and on defense(Patrick Surtain and Ty Law). The Broncos swept the Chiefs this year, and even though the Chiefs should get better, the Broncos will as well.

Oakland (4-12) -- The Raiders gave the Broncos everything they could handle in 2007, with each team winning on their home field. For awhile it appeared as though the Raiders were showing progress under their Pre-Teen head Coach, but late season blow-out losses to the Packers and Jags, where it appeared the defense just quit, proved the Raiders are in fact, the Raiders. Still, the Broncos were only able to gain a split, and looked bad in Oakland. Mike Shanahan has dominated the Raiders during his tenure in Denver, and for the Broncos to be successful they need to dominate the Raiders in 2008 as well.

San Diego (11-5) -- The Broncos have now lost 5 straight to the Chargers, and the last 4 haven't really been close. I did say Norv Turner would cost the Chargers 3 games, and they did go from 14-2 in '06 to 11-5 in '07. It was still easily good enough to win the West and bust up the Broncos twice. I'll know the Broncos are back when they beat the Chargers and not a minute before. The Rivers/Cutler situation will do nothing but make this rivalry more intense for the next 5 years, and if you put a gun to my head I would have to say the Chargers are the Broncos biggest rival right now.

The Rest Of the Home Schedule --

Buffalo (7-9) -- Did any team play harder, or do more with less than the Buffalo Bills? Right in the thick of the playoff race until the final weeks of the season, the Bills were decimated by injuries, starting Week 1 against the Broncos. Despite that they continued to play hard for **** Jauron, and had a real chance against several teams most of us would consider to be better than they. Buffalo will still need to hash-out the quarterback position, and will now be looking for a new personnel guy with Marv Levy announcing he will not be back. Let's just say I am glad this game is a home game. Buffalo is never a fin place to play, especially in the winter.

Miami (1-15) -- The Dolphins were an embarrassment in 2007. Needing overtime to salvage a 1-15 record, the 'Phins started the complete rebuilding process by bringing in a Tuna to rebuild the franchise. While I am not a huge Bill Parcels fan there is no doubting his results and he should have the Fish competitive in short order. That won;t be in 2008, however and this is a home game the Broncos NEED to win. It's hard to put any game in the W column this early, but this is a close as it gets.

New Orleans (7-9) -- If the Broncos don't have their defensive issues resolved it could be a long day when Drew Bree's, Reggie Bush and Co. come to town. After getting all the way to the NFC Championship, the Saints digressed in 2007. Expect the Saints to overhaul the defense this off-season in attempts to add a figment of defense to compare to a playoff-caliber offense. A tough game, indeed, though when the game is played could mean as much as where it is played.

Tampa Bay (9-7) -- Having wrapped up their division a couple of weeks before the end of the regular season, the Bucs used Weeks 16 and 17 to get healthy. As a result, they didn't play well and will ride a two-game losing streak into the playoffs. The Bucs are going to be a tough out in '08, though you have to winder just how many years guys like Derrick Brooks, Jeff Garcia and Joey Galloway have left. Another home game I think favors the Broncos, though this early one never really does know.

Jacksonville (11-5)-- A return visit from the Jags is our reward for "earning" a 2nd place finish in the West. You could easily look at the Jags game as the one that turned Broncos season around for the worse. The Broncos were 2-0, playing at home, and the Jags came in a physically put a beat-down on the Broncos. Want to know what the Broncos need this off-season? Look at the tape of the Jags game. It won't be any easier next year and the Jags will be a test of exactly where the Broncos are at, especially if the game comes early in the season.

The Rest of the Road Schedule --

New England (16-0) -- Just typing the 16-0 next to the Patriots is crazy. The Pats have enjoyed one of the best regular seasons in NFL History, though nothing short of a Super Bowl will truly make it a success. One bright spot about this game is the Broncos have enjoyed success against Bill Belichick and Tom Brady, going 5-1 against the all-world Coach/QB combo, including handing the pair their first playoff loss in 2005. My one fear? The League will screw the Broncos and have the trip to New England be the Thursday Night affair to open the season, should the Pats win the Super Bowl that is.

NY Jets (4-12) -- Like the Saints, the Jets were also a playoff team in 2006 before digressing in 2007. Playing in the same division as the Pats surely didn't help, and the Jets are also transitioning to Kellen Clemens at quarterback. I would love for the Broncos to win this game, but heading to the Meadow lands is never easy, and the place has been a house of horrors for the Broncos. Another game where the outcome could be determined by when the game is played.

Atlanta (4-12) -- The Falcons are a mess. They still don't have a coach, or a GM, or a quarterback, or many talented players. That said, the Broncos have a tendency of playing down to the level of their opponents. A loss, however, even on the road, would be an upset. Atlanta is not a strong home-field advantage and the Broncos should be a better football team.

Carolina (7-9) -- Another disappointing season for the Panthers, one that might still cost John Fox his job. The Panthers inability to win at home, they went 0-8 at point that past two seasons, has me feeling pretty good about this trip as well. The Panthers have big-time question marks surrounding their quarterback and the defense hasn't nearly been as impressive as it was during their Super Bowl years. Like a box of chocolates, you never really know what you are going to get form Carolina.

Cleveland (10-6) -- While the Browns ended the season in disappointing fashion, 2007 has to be considered a success. 10 wins, a 7-1 record at home, and an offense that appears on the verge of becoming simply explosive. The Broncos last visited Cleveland in 2006, earning a 17-7 win, then lost to the Browns in the '07 Pre-Season. Since I'll be at the game, I am hoping for a September visit, though when they were here in October it was just as cold and dreary.

Home Opponents '06 Road Record -- 23-41

Away Opponents '06 Home Record -- 34-30

Of the teams traveling to Denver in '08, only the Jags(5-3) had a road record over .500. On paper, and that is the key point, the schedule is favorable for the Broncos. The NFC South was just as bad as the AFC West, and the Broncos should even feel some confidence playing the Patriots.

http://milehighreport.com/

MOtorboat
01-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Win the home games. Win three or four road games. Playoffs.

I like seeing Atlanta on the road schedule. I think they are going to suck next year, but hey, what do I know...

Broncolingus
01-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Given the team now…prior to draft and FA...

The non-division road games are a legitimate concern...too many variables with those road teams.

Cleveland has build a solid (and yes, unspectacular) team and we will not beat NE next year at Gillette.

The assessment of Carolina is spot-on – hot or cold, you just don’t know.

The Atlanta game should be a win, but with road blowout losses to the Lions and (excuse you?) Raiduhs, Denver’s proven they can no longer win against teams they ‘should’ beat – at home OR on the road.

The division and all home games are what they always are...easily winable depending on the Denver team that shows up.

We’ll know more though after the draft, camp, and esp. coming out of camp though…

Bronco9798
01-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Win 8 at home and 4 on the road and you are in the playoffs.

Lonestar
01-03-2008, 07:50 PM

Your a dreamer when was the last time we won at home consistently

Unless they resurrect MILE HIGH it is not gonna happen any time soon..
Here is how I see it with a decent DT in the draft..

Losses in RED

maybe wins in yellow

HOME SCHEDULE --
Kansas City,
Oakland,
San Diego,
Buffalo, Miami,
Tampa Bay,
New Orleans,
Jacksonville

AWAY SCHEDULE --
Kansas City, depending on time of year..
Oakland,
San Diego,
New England,
NY Jets,
Atlanta,
Carolina,
Cleveland

Maybe 8-8 or as bad as 5-11
This is a WAG as we speak.

Stand Ablaze
01-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Lots of things can happen during the offseason. So I'll hold my predictions until the last game of the preseason.;)

Lonestar
01-03-2008, 08:24 PM
Lots of things can happen during the off season. So I'll hold my predictions until the last game of the preseason.;)3

I had to throw that out normally I do also I make a guesstimate after the draft and then hone it down after the last preseason game..

LoyalSoldier
01-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Um haven't we only lost 4 straight? We swept them in the '05 season. And I would say the one in Denver in '06 was close since the Chargers had to come from behind.

Bronco9798
01-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Your a dreamer when was the last time we won at home consistently

Unless they resurrect MILE HIGH it is not gonna happen any time soon..
Here is how I see it with a decent DT in the draft..

Losses in RED

maybe wins in yellow

HOME SCHEDULE --
Kansas City,
Oakland,
San Diego,
Buffalo, Miami,
Tampa Bay,
New Orleans,
Jacksonville

AWAY SCHEDULE --
Kansas City, depending on time of year..
Oakland,
San Diego,
New England,
NY Jets,
Atlanta,
Carolina,
Cleveland

Maybe 8-8 or as bad as 5-11
This is a WAG as we speak.

We went 8-0 at home just a couple of years ago, true? Help me here. It's a goal you set every year to protect your back yard.

TXBRONC
01-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Um haven't we only lost 4 straight? We swept them in the '05 season. And I would say the one in Denver in '06 was close since the Chargers had to come from behind.

Yes we have lost four straight not five. Hopefully we can rectify that in 2008.

BANJOPICKER1
01-03-2008, 10:13 PM
The browns have their QB on the open market,we win that one!Falcons=yucky
The Dolphins will still stink next year as will Kansas...I see us going with at least 10 wins!:D
GOOOOOOOOOOO 2008 BRONCOSSSS!

BroncoWave
01-03-2008, 11:25 PM
Just off initial reaction to the schedule I will say 9-7. I reserve the right to change that though.

broncosfanscott
01-04-2008, 12:02 AM
I just hope the NFL schedule people are nice to us this year and let us open the season at home........PLEASE!

Finally get the Bills at home and the Jags again. That NE road game will be a doozy.

Hopefully we will be able to at least split the games with SD.

LoyalSoldier
01-04-2008, 01:06 AM
I will not say a single record prediction until I see what changes we make. No one would have predicted that our defense would have been this bad this year and it could turn around if we get some quality defensive tackles.

I remember 2 years ago I predicted a 12-4 record and people said it was a stretch. We went 13-3 that year.

dogfish
01-04-2008, 01:41 AM
meh, doesn't look too bad but you never know in this league-- teams can change in a hurry. . . personally, i'm more worried about what WE'RE going to be doing than the other guys. . . if we make the right moves we've got a chance to be competitive-- if not, we'll suck again next year. . .

BroncoBJ
01-04-2008, 02:03 AM
Each year I always say 8-0 at home and 4-4 on the road.
Thats a lock to get in the playoffs pretty much.
Then when we lose a home game I say we need to go 5-3 on the road.

But IMO we will beat:

Kansas City,
Oakland
Buffalo
Miami
Tampa Bay,
New Orleans
Kansas City
Oakland,
NY Jets
Atlanta
Carolina
Cleveland

And the games that could go either way IMO are the:

San Diego
New England
San Diego
Jacksonville

But this year I really thought we would be good going into the year so who knows.

omac
01-04-2008, 02:10 AM
Normally, I wouldn't think twice on predictions, but the Broncos defense this season was just such an abberation that until we see signs of it improving, ANY team can beat us. No way did I expect a Broncos defense to be one of the worst in the league; I thought at worst, we'd be average.

The injuries played a big role, but the defense has been pretty bad most of the season. The last game was a microcosm of what the defense has been doing the whole season.

No way can we expect any kind of consistency with this defense. Hopefully, we'll see signs of life during the preaseason.

fcspikeit
01-04-2008, 03:32 AM
Each year I always say 8-0 at home and 4-4 on the road.
Thats a lock to get in the playoffs pretty much.
Then when we lose a home game I say we need to go 5-3 on the road.

But IMO we will beat:

Kansas City,
Oakland
Buffalo
Miami
Tampa Bay,
New Orleans
Kansas City
Oakland,
NY Jets
Atlanta
Carolina
Cleveland

And the games that could go either way IMO are the:

San Diego
New England
San Diego
Jacksonville

But this year I really thought we would be good going into the year so who knows.

So your predicting at least 12 wins with the other 4 being could go either way? LOL Your a blind homer! But it's cool, I like the way you think. :D

I know what your saying, when you look at the schedule, it really does look pretty easy. I can see us winning those 12 games and splitting with SD. But then I think of this team going 13 - 3 and I have to laugh. There is just no way! Maybe we will get some key players, maybe the players we have will get better, anything can happen, but right now I just can't see us going 13 - 3.

:beer: Here's to hoping for the best next year

BroncoBJ
01-04-2008, 04:08 AM
So your predicting at least 12 wins with the other 4 being could go either way? LOL Your a blind homer! But it's cool, I like the way you think. :D

I know what your saying, when you look at the schedule, it really does look pretty easy. I can see us winning those 12 games and splitting with SD. But then I think of this team going 13 - 3 and I have to laugh. There is just no way! Maybe we will get some key players, maybe the players we have will get better, anything can happen, but right now I just can't see us going 13 - 3.

:beer: Here's to hoping for the best next year

:lol: Well every game could go either way.
We could go 16-0 or 0-16 or somewhere in between.

I'm going to say between 10-6 and 13-3 though.

So 11-5 :elefant:

But looking at the schedule its hard for me to even think of 5 teams that will beat us.
It looks like an easy schedule to me.

fcspikeit
01-04-2008, 04:52 AM

But looking at the schedule its hard for me to even think of 5 teams that will beat us.

Your right, If we lose 5 games next year, I would have to say 2 would be by upset. :D

I wonder how many of those teams are counting us as a win next year? We are in the bottom half of the NFL. If we lose to the Raiders, people aren't that surprised,, Just the same, if we beat Cleveland people aren't surprised.

If we were to win 13 games next year, we would be consistently better then our opponents. The only thing consistent about us right now is that we're consistently inconsistent.

SoCoPoCo
01-04-2008, 05:00 AM

True. I recall the days not too long ago when ALL home games were chalked up as wins, regardless of who it was. Sad times that we're looking at a .500 record at home as accomplishing something. Oh well, this won't last forever.

TXBRONC
01-04-2008, 08:27 AM
meh, doesn't look too bad but you never know in this league-- teams can change in a hurry. . . personally, i'm more worried about what WE'RE going to be doing than the other guys. . . if we make the right moves we've got a chance to be competitive-- if not, we'll suck again next year. . .

Exactly, we need pay attention to the personnel moves we make not what the other teams are doing.

Bronco9798
01-04-2008, 08:53 AM
True. I recall the days not too long ago when ALL home games were chalked up as wins, regardless of who it was. Sad times that we're looking at a .500 record at home as accomplishing something. Oh well, this won't last forever.

I always project home games as wins and then try to find 4 games we can win on the road. Those are my hopes every year. :cool:

Broncolingus
01-04-2008, 08:56 AM
I always project home games as wins and then try to find 4 games we can win on the road. Those are my hopes every year. :cool:

This, actually, is what I grew up 'expecting' from Denver until they moved to the diaphragm...

I do think, in all seriousness, that is an excellent and very sound principle to follow in the NFL.

Maybe drop one at home - during an off week - but pick one up on the road you might not are 'supposed' to win...still 12-4.

...WHICH, ought to get you the division title 7-8 times out of 10.

Bronco9798
01-04-2008, 09:10 AM
I spit dew all over my keyboard when I looked at your Avatar this morning.

Broncolingus
01-04-2008, 10:03 AM
I spit dew all over my keyboard when I looked at your Avatar this morning.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/images/buttons/reputation.gif

MHCBill
01-04-2008, 10:08 AM
We have to remember... beat three teams in your division and you get the playoffs, at minimum a home game in the playoffs, and possibly a bye in the playoffs.

That's why we need to always shape our team around beating the likes of the Faid, Chefs, and Chokers.

Win those six games year after year and things will be grand!

BroncoAV06
01-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Wow after the season we had and everybody calling for heads and players people are on here looking at a 10-12 win season next year. A long way to go to get to that point and is definitly way to early to predict. A prediction at this point should be at best 8-8, then after the draft/FA, see how this team looks in pre-season and then a few wins may be added.

nmbroncosfan
01-04-2008, 11:12 AM
Which home game would be the best one to go see?

Lonestar
01-04-2008, 01:05 PM
We went 8-0 at home just a couple of years ago, true? Help me here. It's a goal you set every year to protect your back yard.

Once since moving to infecto,, vs how many years in Mile high. Sorry this new home has lost its magic no more fear from the visitors of MILE HIGH MAGIC.

Lonestar
01-04-2008, 02:29 PM

Yet for the past 4-5 years we get beat by teams we should be creaming.. Not gonna happen 9-7 at the best 7-9 like this year unless we fix the LINES both of them.. DLINE more so than OLINE

Bronco9798
01-04-2008, 02:31 PM
It's what I base every season on before it starts. Get 8 at home and 4 on the road. That's just how I think.

MOtorboat
01-04-2008, 02:35 PM
It's what I base every season on before it starts. Get 8 at home and 4 on the road. That's just how I think.

That's how niner rolls.

Lonestar
01-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Wow after the season we had and everybody calling for heads and players people are on here looking at a 10-12 win season next year. A long way to go to get to that point and is definitly way to early to predict. A prediction at this point should be at best 8-8, then after the draft/FA, see how this team looks in pre-season and then a few wins may be added.

Yep they want to fire everyone remotely close to the team.

Anyone that does not have orange colored glasses on KNOWS this real was not even a 7-9 team we won several games on a hope and a prayer..

Last second heroic kicks by Elam. Sure they were indeed wins but no one in the real NFL were scared of DEN this year..

I just threw my numbers out to shake up the knuckle heads.

Everyone expected a super bowl since Jay got some snaps in 2006. All the Jake haters insisted when Jay took it over they could still get to the SB.

This team in spite of the 13-3 record in 2005, has been on the slow decline since all the studs retired in 2000-2002.

We have been using more FA's and trades since then, instead of building through the draft like most of the great to elite teams have done..

This is really catching up with mikey..

When I brought up rebuilding over on BM last year they steadfastly stated it was only a reload..

I suspect we have one more second place finish next year because of all the youth getting stronger by the end of the year.. Coupled with SAN losing talent signed during their scum sucking years, they will decline. If OAK gets a solid coach and KC gets their OLINE back this division will be back to snuff.

Bronco9798
01-04-2008, 07:00 PM

Anyone that does not have orange colored glasses on KNOWS this real was not even a 7-9 team we won several games on a hope and a prayer..

Last second heroic kicks by Elam. Sure they were indeed wins but no one in the real NFL were scared of DEN this year..

Everyone expected a super bowl since Jay got some snaps in 2006. All the Jake haters insisted when Jay took it over they could still get to the SB.

This team in spite of the 13-3 record in 2005, has been on the slow decline since all the studs retired in 2000-2002.

We have been using more FA's and trades since then, instead of building through the draft like most of the great to elite teams have done..

When I brought up rebuilding over on BM last year they steadfastly stated it was only a reload..

I suspect we have one more second place finish next year because of all the youth getting stronger by the end of the year.. Coupled with SAN losing talent signed during their scum sucking years, they will decline. If OAK gets a solid coach and KC gets their OLINE back this division will be back to snuff.

I projected a 9-7 season before it even started. Saying your expectations are 8-0 (home) and 4-4 (road) doesn't mean you think they will achieve it. That's just what you shoot for. Some of us knuckleheads with these orange glasses are just saying what we expect. You're spin job is nice, but not complete.

TXBRONC
01-04-2008, 07:28 PM
I projected a 9-7 season before it even started. Saying your expectations are 8-0 (home) and 4-4 (road) doesn't mean you think they will achieve it. That's just what you shoot for. Some of us knuckleheads with these orange glasses are just saying what we expect. You're spin job is nice, but not complete.

I don't thinks having orange colored glasses on just because your expectation for the team is to finish 12-4.

I would much rather read something like that than a dark gloom and doom post of how we'll finish 3-13 or whatever and that's without having gone through the off season.

Jwalk - JayCutty6Goes - CasinoRoyal
01-04-2008, 08:06 PM
undefeated season next year, you heard it here first

NorthernLights
01-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Coupled with SAN losing talent signed during their scum sucking years, they will decline.

It might seem the Bolts should start a down trend, but AJ has signed almost every key player through 2009 and most longer. Along with having a young team with only 4 player with double digits in years (one being the long snapper), I wouldn't count on them losing talent any time soon. The increases in the cap have allowed them to sign the players. The only big name UFA will be Michael Turner.

And I would thank you to not bring up those "scum sucking" years again as it was too painful the first time around.

BroncoBJ
01-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Yet for the past 4-5 years we get beat by teams we should be creaming.. Not gonna happen 9-7 at the best 7-9 like this year unless we fix the LINES both of them.. DLINE more so than OLINE

:lol: I know. Games are won and lost in the trenches. But I dont think it can be much worse then this year. Can it?

This past year I saw us beating teams like Oakland, Detroit, Green Bay, San Diego(at least once) Jacksonville, Houston.

That was before the season started. So I was thinking 13-3 and 10-6 at worse. I didn't see us being as bad as we were.

Then during the Bears game we should have won that but before the season I thought they would be tough for us.

And this year I feel kind of the same way. I think this is the year we will sweep the NFC. It makes me sick losing to the NFC every year. And then the AFC East has 3 teams that we can easily beat and we have the Pats number so who knows. I'd love to give the Pats thier first loss over a 2 year span. :elefant:

I guess I'll just wait until after the draft and training camp to see wht I really feel about this team.

Broncospsycho77
01-04-2008, 09:50 PM

Just as many games that we won this year could be translated to games we lost last year... for example, the Green Bay game was essentially decided by a coin flip. We had the momentum in that one... a bad ST coach and punter costed us a game where we were destroying the Bears... If Devin Hester didn't exist then we'd be fine in that game...

We could play the "what if" game for eternity, but it won't solve any problems. Rather, let's look at the games in the past, find our mistakes, and correct them for the future.

Lonestar
01-05-2008, 01:02 AM
It might seem the Bolts should start a down trend, but AJ has signed almost every key player through 2009 and most longer. Along with having a young team with only 4 player with double digits in years (one being the long snapper), I wouldn't count on them losing talent any time soon. The increases in the cap have allowed them to sign the players. The only big name UFA will be Michael Turner.

And I would thank you to not bring up those "scum sucking" years again as it was too painful the first time around.

there is just so much money to spread around and while I suspect your wrong I do not see where it is coming from..

Although you do have a REAL GM so perhaps you are correct.

Something DEN certainly does not have..

Lonestar
01-05-2008, 01:07 AM
Just as many games that we won this year could be translated to games we lost last year... for example, the Green Bay game was essentially decided by a coin flip. We had the momentum in that one... a bad ST coach and punter costed us a game where we were destroying the Bears... If Devin Hester didn't exist then we'd be fine in that game...

We could play the "what if" game for eternity, but it won't solve any problems. Rather, let's look at the games in the past, find our mistakes, and correct them for the future.

do you really think mikey is the guy to (see above in red)

Regardless Todd did not kick to hester on his own he was told to do so by someone..

Your correct about what ifs, but someone looking at these games the past few years logically knows we have had more good bounces than bad ones..

I don not normally guess at games this early but unless there are major changes in this club and players I think it will be more of the smae or perhaps worse..

Broncospsycho77
01-05-2008, 03:21 PM
do you really think mikey is the guy to (see above in red)

Regardless Todd did not kick to hester on his own he was told to do so by someone..

Your correct about what ifs, but someone looking at these games the past few years logically knows we have had more good bounces than bad ones..

I don not normally guess at games this early but unless there are major changes in this club and players I think it will be more of the smae or perhaps worse..

Yes, I think Mike, with some help from the coordinators (:pray:) can turn this team around. In my eyes, this was a transition year. We had one when Griese took the helm, and Mike handled that fine (mostly by getting Griese out of the focus, and eventually out of the picture).

We went from 6-10 to 11-5 from there, made the playoffs, and lost. Of course, that's not guaranteed to repeat, but Shanahan did turn the team around then to moderate success.

I'm going to reserve my predictions until after the draft and offseason, hoping that some coaching changes/scheme changes happen... otherwise I'll agree with you.