PDA

View Full Version : An alternate skin

DallasChief
01-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Is it possible to get an alternate skin? Like maybe a black and white one? The blue really screams, "Hey, I'm not on a work-related website!!".

TIA

tubby
01-03-2008, 05:56 PM
I hear you DC. My fingers are kind of sore from pressing alt+tab so many times.

However, tned hooked me up with the secret web address. So atleast the IS guys won't harass me.

slim
01-03-2008, 05:57 PM
Is it possible to get an alternate skin? Like maybe a black and white one? The blue really screams, "Hey, I'm not on a work-related website!!".

TIA

You mean like gray and red?

DallasChief
01-03-2008, 05:59 PM

Black and white is fine. Thanks.

NightTrainLayne
01-03-2008, 05:59 PM
I hear you DC. My fingers are kind of sore from pressing alt+tab so many times.

However, tned hooked me up with the secret web address. So atleast the IS guys won't harass me.

Pressing alt+tab multiple times will get you nowhere. . .try ctrl+tab. . .it'll work the first time.

tubby
01-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Pressing alt+tab multiple times will get you nowhere. . .try ctrl+tab. . .it'll work the first time.

I don't get it. Was this yet another lame attempt at humor?

NightTrainLayne
01-03-2008, 06:20 PM
I don't get it. Was this yet another lame attempt at humor?

Probably. . .when you are using "tabs" for your internet browsing you press ctrl+tab to switch between tabs. I forgot that alt+tab was the "old way" of switching between windows vs. tabs.

Should I delete the bad joke, or leave it as a testament to my lack of humor?

tubby
01-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Probably. . .when you are using "tabs" for your internet browsing you press ctrl+tab to switch between tabs. I forgot that alt+tab was the "old way" of switching between windows vs. tabs.

Should I delete the bad joke, or leave it as a testament to my lack of humor?

I am not jumping between browsers. Different application.

MOtorboat
01-03-2008, 06:30 PM

GP Slim, GP.

Maybe that's why DC spent so much time at the Freak...because the Puddle was pretty identifiable as a non-work-related site.

NightTrainLayne
01-03-2008, 06:32 PM
I am not jumping between browsers. Different application.

Yes, Yes, I understand that. Sometimes I post really stupid stuff before I have a chance to think it through. Feel free to poop on my post.

But I agree, an alternate to the blue background would be very much appreciated.

claymore
01-03-2008, 06:44 PM
If Tned could decorate it to look like I was ordering office supplies or something that would be great. TIA.

frauschieze
01-03-2008, 07:19 PM
If Tned could decorate it to look like I was ordering office supplies or something that would be great. TIA.

I would need it to look like an Excel spreadsheet (not gonna happen). I already keep the window at a 6"x3" size in the lower corner.

My goal is to not get banned at work.....again. :elefant:

dogfish
01-03-2008, 07:35 PM
lord, the irony. . . .

:lol: :spit: :laugh: :pound:

Tned
01-03-2008, 08:25 PM
lord, the irony. . . .

:lol: :spit: :laugh: :pound:

I'm thinking a white background, maybe small black font, maybe just a tinge of dark blue on the right and left.....

Sound good, Dog ;)

frauschieze
01-03-2008, 08:28 PM
I smell an inside joke........

Tned
01-03-2008, 08:29 PM
I'll look into alternate themes/skins. I have been wanting to create a cell phone one, that could also possibly work for 'work' environments.

I just haven't had a chance to dig into how to add a new themse, and make sure that some of the changes I made automatically go over to the other themes or if I have to remake them.

However, one major consideration on having multiple themes with major difference in the color scheme is font color clashes. As some new members found, having blue text in your sigs doesn't really work. If I have a black and white/grey theme that some people use, they will likely start posting font colors that work great on that, but then when most people use the blue, some of the text might be unreadable.

So, give me some time, and I will see what it takes to create new themes, since as I said, I really want one that works better for use on my cell phone, but the font color thing does worry me if we go away from blue on some of the themes.
The cell phone theme would have minimal graphics

DallasChief
01-03-2008, 08:30 PM

No, that's the burrito I had for lunch. Sorry.

Tned
01-03-2008, 08:31 PM

Note the thread starter of this thread:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=97960

frauschieze
01-03-2008, 08:33 PM
No, that's the burrito I had for lunch. Sorry.

That was as unfunny as NTL. I expect better from you.

frauschieze
01-03-2008, 08:39 PM
Note the thread starter of this thread:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=97960

Hmmm. I see. I think it's kinda funny. When I first came here, the blue drove me nuts. Now the freak looks semi-blinding and the blue is nice and calming.

For the record, that link.....it takes too long to load. (That's a backhanded compliment, tned)

Kapaibro
01-03-2008, 08:54 PM
Hmmm. I see. I think it's kinda funny. When I first came here, the blue drove me nuts. Now the freak looks semi-blinding and the blue is nice and calming.

For the record, that link.....it takes too long to load. (That's a backhanded compliment, tned)

Push comes to shove, it boils down to this.

This blue look was the former Bronco-mania.

When it got corporatised, it went white. Many many Maniacs didn't like it, and the new heavy handed way of dealing with posters, and voila! Tned creates a Forum in the old Maniac style.

Now, we have some who want a 'white' look? Tres funny! :laugh:

slim
01-03-2008, 08:56 PM

When it got corporatised, it went white. Many many Maniacs didn't like it, and the new heavy handed way of dealing with posters, and voila! Tned creates a Forum in the old Maniac style.

Michael Jackson would agree :elefant:

frauschieze
01-03-2008, 08:57 PM

Didn't anyone tell you? We're just here to give y'all flashbacks!

Kapaibro
01-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Didn't anyone tell you? We're just here to give y'all flashbacks!

It THAT what y'all call it? :laugh:

Kapaibro
01-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Michael Jackson would agree :elefant:

That boy ain't white, he's just screwed up! Not even white people are THAT crazy!

Tned
01-03-2008, 11:05 PM
I just purchased a second VPS hosting server. It is about half the size (and cost) of this one, but I am going to use it so that the test server will be the exact configuration of the primary server, making testing more accurate.

Also, just as a heads up, I am going to move all my non-BroncosForums stuff (Broncos07.com, personal websites, email, etc.) and the backup/test server over to this second server. This will ensure that the speed we are now getting will continue, even if/when we have further growth.

In addition, I am going to start having daily backups automatically moved to this second server, so if for any reason this server crashes, I will be able to come back up on a temp or permanent basis quickly.

Once I get it confgured properly, which will probably take me at least through the weekend, I will start playing around with a cell phone and possibly other theme.

LordTrychon
01-04-2008, 12:32 PM
The configuration here hurts my eyes. :P

Kapaibro
01-04-2008, 12:42 PM

You hurt my eyes

Mike
01-04-2008, 12:42 PM

:eviltongue:

But we aren't controlled by the Emperor. The Ewoks run this show. :laugh:

LordTrychon
01-04-2008, 12:46 PM
:eviltongue:

But we aren't controlled by the Emperor. The Ewoks run this show. :laugh:

Aug!

They're gonna be drumming on my head?

Tned
01-04-2008, 12:48 PM

Trouble maker!!!

It's because you have gone over to the dark side and no longer are following the true path....

LordTrychon
01-04-2008, 12:49 PM
You hurt my eyes

I get that alot. :ugh:

:elefant: Hurts my eyes... yet I can't stop staring.

Tned
01-04-2008, 12:50 PM
I get that alot. :ugh:

:elefant: Hurts my eyes... yet I can't stop staring.

Yea, I can relate, I was in this strip club in Thailand....

:lol: j/k, I have never been to Thailand and don't frequent strip clubs.

LordTrychon
01-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Yea, I can relate, I was in this strip club in Thailand....

:lol: j/k, I have never been to Thailand and don't frequent strip clubs.

It's ok... you can finish the story via PMs. I'll wait till you log off to post it in the open.