Trade both 7th round pick for 6th round
6th round- Durant Brooks P Georgia Tech
UDFA
Mike Cox FB Georgia Tech
B.J. Raji DT Virginia Tech

What do you guys think?

MOtorboat
01-02-2008, 11:33 PM
Trade with Dallas 1st round and 4th round for both of their 1st round picks - Dallas wouldn't be that stupid, but let's say they are...(Draft value chart says that their two picks = about Pick No. 8, and the fourth rounder does nothing to really help that)
1st round- Sam Baker OT USC - Good pick if he's still there at 22.
1st round- Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois Not in the first round...
2nd round- Xavier Adibi OLB Virginia Tech A bit of reach, maybe.
4th round- Craig Steltz S LSU Definite reach
5th round- Art Carmody K Louisville Not in the fifth
5th round- Kirk Barton OT Ohio State Good pick
Trade both 7th round pick for 6th round No
6th round- Durant Brooks P Georgia Tech No
UDFA
Mike Cox FB Georgia Tech

What do you guys think?

Not a bad draft, just a few reaches in my opinion, but hey, it's early...

SmilinAssasSin27
01-02-2008, 11:56 PM
I don't like Baker

SmilinAssasSin27
01-02-2008, 11:57 PM
IF we go OT that early, the only guy I like at all is Otah.

fcspikeit
01-03-2008, 01:27 AM
Trade with Dallas 1st round and 4th round for both of their 1st round picks
1st round- Sam Baker OT USC
1st round- Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois
2nd round- Xavier Adibi OLB Virginia Tech
4th round- Craig Steltz S LSU
5th round- Art Carmody K Louisville
5th round- Kirk Barton OT Ohio State
UDFA
Mike Cox FB Georgia Tech

What do you guys think?

Dallas has the 22nd and probably the 31 pick in the first round. Both picks ad up to 1380 points. Our 14th and 4th round pick only ad up to 1284, If Dallas don't make it into the Superbowl they will have an even better pick and it will be worth more points.

Even if we threw in our 5th and 7th pick it would only ad up to, 1327.9

They would not trade their 2 first round picks to us for our 1st and 4th.

NFL Draft Value Chart (http://www.theredzone.org/2005/draft/draftvaluechart.asp)

Lonestar
01-03-2008, 03:49 AM
you totaly negelected the real problem on this team getting a stud DT.

CoachChaz
01-03-2008, 08:12 AM
A few thoughts on the last few posts.

Baker is a decent OT, but should be available in the 2nd...

Otah can be a stud, but is very raw and will be a 1-2 year project. Something we don't currently have the luxury of waiting on...

DT is NOT as big of a need if we run a different system. Even then, a 1st or 2nd round talent isn't necessary to accomplish the task...

Dallas will not trade their two picks unless it is to move up. Improvements in their secondary are priority.
________
Maine Marijuana Dispensary (http://maine.dispensaries.org/)

MOtorboat
01-03-2008, 08:32 AM
A few thoughts on the last few posts.

Baker is a decent OT, but should be available in the 2nd...

Otah can be a stud, but is very raw and will be a 1-2 year project. Something we don't currently have the luxury of waiting on...

DT is NOT as big of a need if we run a different system. Even then, a 1st or 2nd round talent isn't necessary to accomplish the task...

Dallas will not trade their two picks unless it is to move up. Improvements in their secondary are priority.

Really? Terrence Newman at one cornerback, Ken Hamlin at FS and Roy Williams at SS...the other cornerback position maybe?

And the guy they'd move up to get if that was the case would be Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State, and is he really that good, to give up two first round picks?

SR
01-03-2008, 08:34 AM
Really? Terrence Newman at one cornerback, Ken Hamlin at FS and Roy Williams at SS...the other cornerback position maybe?

And the guy they'd move up to get if that was the case would be Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State, and is he really that good, to give up two first round picks?

Dallas needs a better corner opposite Newman. Roy Williams, as far as being a safety, sucks. Yeah, he can blast people and is pretty quick, but his positioning and mechanics suck.

CoachChaz
01-03-2008, 08:46 AM

Newman is a shutdown corner...but Hamlin is a UFA and Williams couldn't cover me. Anthony Henry is slowing down at the other CB spot and will probably move to FS once Hamlin leaves. Their front 7 is fine, the o-line is in good shape, they are set at QB and RB, so all they need is a CB and a WR to groom for the days after TO and Glenn. My bet is they keep both 1st round picks and take one of each.
________
Marriage counseling (http://www.love-help.org/marriage-advice/)

MOtorboat
01-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Newman is a shutdown corner...but Hamlin is a UFA and Williams couldn't cover me. Anthony Henry is slowing down at the other CB spot and will probably move to FS once Hamlin leaves. Their front 7 is fine, the o-line is in good shape, they are set at QB and RB, so all they need is a CB and a WR to groom for the days after TO and Glenn. My bet is they keep both 1st round picks and take one of each.

OK...I can see that...I try not to pay attention to the Cowboys, and I guess name recognition screwed me there...

CoachChaz
01-03-2008, 08:54 AM
OK...I can see that...I try not to pay attention to the Cowboys, and I guess name recognition screwed me there...

Understood. I don't get much of a choice in the matter.
________
B Engine (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_B_engine)

SR
01-03-2008, 09:00 AM
Understood. I don't get much of a choice in the matter.

I wish I could get away with not paying attention to the Cowboys...unfortunately, I am surrounded by Cowboys fans in Texas and need to know what's going on with them if I plan on talking football with anyone.

CoachChaz
01-03-2008, 09:07 AM
I wish I could get away with not paying attention to the Cowboys...unfortunately, I am surrounded by Cowboys fans in Texas and need to know what's going on with them if I plan on talking football with anyone.

Wow. Does that mean you actually have intelligent Cowboys fans in your neck of the woods? I can't seem to find any around here.
________
Vapor genie vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/vapor-genie)

SR
01-03-2008, 09:41 AM
Wow. Does that mean you actually have intelligent Cowboys fans in your neck of the woods? I can't seem to find any around here.

Some of them are more educated than others. Most of them are idiots.

CoachChaz
01-03-2008, 09:52 AM
Some of them are more educated than others. Most of them are idiots.

That is the number one thing that makes me dislike the Cowboys. I like aot of the players, but the ignorance of the fans drives me insane. I have more friends that are Chiefs and Raiders fans that are more knowledgeable than any group of Cowboys fans I could come up with.

It amazes me that, according to them, Dallas never commits a penalty, but there is a penalty against them on every play. Roy Williams has never committed a horse collar tackle in his life...the list goes on. They are the NFL version of Tim Duncan.
________
SUZUKI TS90 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Suzuki_TS90)

SR
01-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Cowboy fans, by and large, are tards. I've managed to come across a few who actually know FOOTBALL outside of Dallas, which is nice.

CoachChaz
01-03-2008, 10:09 AM
Cowboy fans, by and large, are tards. I've managed to come across a few who actually know FOOTBALL outside of Dallas, which is nice.

Send them to Dallas to train the masses
________
Og kush (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWdazX4KGzw)

SR
01-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Send them to Dallas to train the masses

I can imagine. When you, DC, and I get together we'll have to go instruct the masses ourselves. :rockon:

mclark
01-04-2008, 04:02 PM
I don't like Baker

I'm not crazy about Baker either. He reads good in the press. But he spends a lot of time standing around when he's pass blocking; and a lot of time on the ground during run blocking.

HolyDiver
01-04-2008, 04:13 PM
I watched Frank Okam play and talk about a disapointment................At 325, you would think he could get SOME penetration at some point during the game.

lex
01-05-2008, 01:10 AM
Trade with Dallas 1st round and 4th round for both of their 1st round picks
1st round- Sam Baker OT USC
1st round- Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois
2nd round- Xavier Adibi OLB Virginia Tech
4th round- Craig Steltz S LSU
5th round- Art Carmody K Louisville
5th round- Kirk Barton OT Ohio State
UDFA
Mike Cox FB Georgia Tech

What do you guys think?

I like it through the 4th except Id take Otah. Why would Dallas want to trade to 12? They dont seem to have any huge need.

SoCoPoCo
01-05-2008, 08:29 AM

Dallas fans are, without question, the most fickle fans in professional sports. I remember in '95 or '96 when they were rolling in their prime and it was sickening to hear the fans talk about how they were the greatest team ever put together. Then, they went into Philly and lost on a boneheaded call by Switzer. Long story short, the loyal fans now wanted to blow up the team and trade Emmitt, Troy and anyone else while they had some value. It was the craziest thing I've ever seen and instantly moved the Cowboys into a special standing that had been reserved for the Raiders until that point.