PDA

View Full Version : Upset of the Week: Week 8

EastCoastBronco
10-30-2009, 06:47 AM
Lot of close looking games this week. Tough call.
I'm going with Cleveland to beat Chicago and send them into a tailspin...

Timmy!
10-30-2009, 07:00 AM
I'll take the 49er's to shock the Colts.

EastCoastBronco
10-30-2009, 07:17 AM
I'll take the 49er's to shock the Colts.

That would be hilarious. Although, with Alex Smith at QB they might be able to give them a run for their $$$

Timmy!
10-30-2009, 07:19 AM
That would be hilarious. Although, with Alex Smith at QB they might be able to give them a run for their $$$

Probably wishful thinking on my part, but I have a feeling.......might just be the Chipotle I had for dinner last night. :whoknows:

BroncoInSkinland
10-30-2009, 07:31 AM
I'm sticking with Atlanta over the Saints, with the Saints defense being the week link. They won't generate turnovers and Turner will grind them away on the ground.

EastCoastBronco
10-30-2009, 07:42 AM
If the Saint's defence is their weak link then the whole league is in trouble...;-) They've been playing lights out lately. Sharper especially.
That being said, I think that's the best upset shot for the week.

threefolddead
10-30-2009, 08:11 AM
Broncos over the Ravens.

broncofaninfla
10-30-2009, 10:06 AM
Broncos over the Ravens.

Mine as well! Not just saying it because I'm a Broncos fan, I'm actually betting the game + the points.

Dortoh
10-30-2009, 10:13 AM
Egirls shock the world by beating the New York football Giants.

weazel
10-30-2009, 10:36 AM
I think the Chiefs can actually beat out the bye week without a loss! It'll be tough but I know they have it in them to come out of the bye week without another tally in the Loss column.

In a real game, I will say Cleveland over Chicago

T.K.O.
10-30-2009, 10:37 AM
i cant see it as being an "upset" when a 6-0 team beats a 3-3 team regardless of what vegas has to say about it.
and i keep thinking at first glance we have all the players and attitude to beat the ravens down at their house....then i look at things like the fact that there 3 losses have been by a combined total of 11 points against 3 very good clubs.
and the fact that they are fighting for their playoff lives.
then i say....so where the bolts....and it was their house.
then i think about when they were 3-0 and had been mentioned as the best team in the nfl......then
i say damnit the broncos are better than any of the so called experts think......then.....well you get the point.
i know one thing this is gonna be a great game to watch and i'm STOKED!
i am going over to missoula,mt. to visit my daughter and i got a room at the marriott with a 42" lcd tv and a mini fridge (beer will be required for this one) and i hope there are no unsuspecting travelers trying to nap on the same floor as my room ...cuz it might get kinda LOUD !:beer::elefant::salute:

GO BRONCOS 7-0

broncofaninfla
10-30-2009, 10:40 AM
i cant see it as being an "upset" when a 6-0 team beats a 3-3 team regardless of what vegas has to say about it.
and i keep thinking at first glance we have all the players and attitude to beat the ravens down at their house....then i look at things like the fact that there 3 losses have been by a combined total of 11 points against 3 very good clubs.
and the fact that they are fighting for their playoff lives.
then i say....so where the bolts....and it was their house.
then i think about when they were 3-0 and had been mentioned as the best team in the nfl......then
i say damnit the broncos are better than any of the so called experts think......then.....well you get the point.
i know one thing this is gonna be a great game to watch and i'm STOKED!
i am going over to missoula,mt. to visit my daughter and i got a room at the marriott with a 42" lcd tv and a mini fridge (beer will be required for this one) and i hope there are no unsuspecting travelers trying to nap on the same floor as my room ...cuz it might get kinda LOUD !:beer::elefant::salute:

GO BRONCOS 7-0

I'm saying upset soley based on odds makers having us as a underdog in this game.

Cugel
10-30-2009, 10:44 AM

If that happens it's good for the Broncos draft pick!

But, I wouldn't bet on it. The Bears defense is their weak link right now. That team looks a lot like the 2008 Broncos -- can score but can't stop people from scoring. Their WRs aren't as good as the Broncos, and their defense isn't as bad as Denver's was last year, but it's the same dynamic.

Cutler is taking more chances because he has to, and throwing INTs as a result.

In the three games they won, Cutler played conservatively and didn't make mistakes. In their three losses, the defense gave up big plays and then they need a desperation play. That doesn't work out well for anybody for very long -- just as it didn't for Denver last year.

I wish Cutler well in his career, just NOT this season when the Broncos are counting on that draft pick! :)

T.K.O.
10-30-2009, 10:45 AM
I'm saying upset soley based on odds makers having us as a underdog in this game.

i know i even pointed out earlier that the 2 teams are statistically a dead heat with the home field 3 points factored in.....it will be a bruiser of a game!
and may the best team win......the broncos !:salute:

Cugel
10-30-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by OaklandRaider

And yes, JaMarcus Russell is more talented than John Elway

Wow. Just wow. :eek:

I've seen some delusional fans, but that one just made me sit back a bit and think. Wait a second. Did I just read what I thought I did? :laugh:

CraigHwk
10-30-2009, 10:56 AM
No way in the world is Chicago going to lose to the Browns, nor will SF win over Indy.

I'll take the Broncos in an upset over Baltimore. :)

EastCoastBronco
10-30-2009, 11:02 AM
Broncos over the Ravens.

I assumed that was a given...

oobehr
10-30-2009, 09:48 PM
St. Louis over Detroit.

Day1BroncoFan
10-30-2009, 10:27 PM
I don't consider the Broncos winning an upset. I'd be more upset if they lose.

My upset for the week is Oak over SD.

Nomad
10-31-2009, 06:22 AM
It's hard for me to say this, but hopefully Oakland over SD!!

Cugel
10-31-2009, 03:16 PM
It's hard for me to say this, but hopefully Oakland over SD!!

What's so unlikely about that? True Oakland sucks but SD isn't playing great either. The few times that JaMarcus Russell has looked good this season is when he has plenty of time to throw.

Of course he still sometimes throws picks for no visible reason even then. But, the Chargers defense won't challenge him. He should have time to throw the ball and has some decent WRs to throw to.

The Chargers pretty much suck outside Phillip Rivers and Antonio Gates. But, the Raiders can put Namdi Asomugha to take away either Gates or Vincent Jackson. Asomugha is now the best young cover CB in the NFL and can totally shut down a WR all day.

I wouldn't ever PREDICT a Raiders win over anybody (except the Chiefs), but they COULD easily win, and it wouldn't be that big of an upset. Especially since both teams are in the division and division matchups tend to be close, no matter what the disparity between teams.

Nomad
10-31-2009, 03:34 PM
What's so unlikely about that? True Oakland sucks but SD isn't playing great either. The few times that JaMarcus Russell has looked good this season is when he has plenty of time to throw.

Of course he still sometimes throws picks for no visible reason even then. But, the Chargers defense won't challenge him. He should have time to throw the ball and has some decent WRs to throw to.

The Chargers pretty much suck outside Phillip Rivers and Antonio Gates. But, the Raiders can put Namdi Asomugha to take away either Gates or Vincent Jackson. Asomugha is now the best young cover CB in the NFL and can totally shut down a WR all day.

I wouldn't ever PREDICT a Raiders win over anybody (except the Chiefs), but they COULD easily win, and it wouldn't be that big of an upset. Especially since both teams are in the division and division matchups tend to be close, no matter what the disparity between teams.

16 1/2 pt underdogs would be an upset, I could give two shits what you think!!

broncophan
10-31-2009, 03:41 PM

It would be an "upset" if the Clowns offense scored a td in this game.....let alone actually win at Chicago....