PDA

View Full Version : Solid Piece About The O and D Lines

TheSportsGuru
01-02-2008, 08:40 AM
Solid piece heading into the off-season about the Broncos O-Line and D-Line.

http://www.milehighreport.com/story/2008/1/2/4430/49808

Check it out!

frauschieze
01-02-2008, 08:57 AM
Thanks TSG! Well-thought out and well-written. Give the writer my kudos!

atwater27
01-02-2008, 09:09 AM
That was one of the finest posts I have ever read.

TheSportsGuru
01-02-2008, 09:17 AM
Thanks...I will...He does solid work for my site, and I try to share when I feel it deserves it!

atwater27
01-02-2008, 09:18 AM
I will say, though, it fills me with a sense of dread about next season, and slso reinforces my belief that we should focus pretty much exclusively through the draft and free agency on our offensive and defensive lines. This order.....DT, LT, RT, Strongside LB or MLB (Depending on who is available), C (Depending on the horrifying possibility of Nalen AND Hamilton retiring).
This much is certain. This will be the most challenging offseason of Shanahan's career. If he fails in this critical time to make all the right moves, I truly believe next season will be his last. I myself am pulling for him. But I am thinking we need some luck as well.

atwater27
01-02-2008, 09:25 AM
We could start by going after Max Starks and perhaps Flozell Adams, Jordan Gross or Travelle Wharton at the Tackle positions.

BOSSHOGG30
01-02-2008, 09:28 AM
Travelle Wharton is a good value guy, Good player and won't cost as much as the other guys. I would stay away from Max Starks, he doesn't really fit the system. Jordan Gross would be my #1 option though. He is a very athletic tackle who we could count on right away.

NameUsedBefore
01-02-2008, 10:13 AM
32nd. Absolute worst in the league. We got this ranking in the following, narrowly defined field: Rushing offense on 3rd and 4th and less than a yard, as well as all goal to go downs where we rushed the ball. Ugh. In other words, the only way we get into the end zone or get that critical first down is by trickery, or by passing. We absolutely could not assert ourselves in short yardage situations where we were expected to run. Why? Because these are the off center runs, and when you are on your third string center, you just hope for the best. Nalen is one of strongest football players the Broncos have ever fielded. Myers, not so much...

This was probably the most notable thing all year for me.

omac
01-02-2008, 10:31 PM
Wow, great article, and put in a way that most people can understand. Thanks for the link TheSportsGuru, and great work styg50! :salute:

BANJOPICKER1
01-03-2008, 10:59 PM
This is the best read since I have been a Bronco fan (78,ish)...
Thank you soooooooooo much!:D