TXBRONC
10-29-2009, 01:58 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_13669471

Lots of hitting in Broncos' practice
By Lindsay H. Jones
The Denver Post
Posted: 10/29/2009 12:43:04 PM MDT
Updated: 10/29/2009 12:52:48 PM MDT

The Front Range blizzard moved the Broncos' practices indoors for the second consecutive day, but the change in location hasn't taken the edge off the team's practices.

"We went hard on Monday, same thing yesterday, in pads," coach Josh McDaniels said. "A lot of hitting. It was probably as loud a practice we've had in a while. I mean, there was a lot of banging going on."

The Broncos will hold a two-hour practice this afternoon, another light practice on Friday and a walk-through practice on Saturday before leaving for Baltimore.

"I think they know what we know - we're 6-0, haven't accomplished anything and we have a heck of a challenge in front of us this week," McDaniels said. "I think they're excited to play this game. This is a really good team we're getting ready for."

McDaniels also seemed to share in what plenty of other Colorado sports fans are feeling right now: It's a good time to be a Denver sports fan, with the Broncos, Nuggets and Avalanche a combined 17-1-2 (Broncos 6-0, Avs 9-1-2 and Nuggets 1-0).

"The Nuggets won last night. I saw the end of that game," McDaniels said. "You've got to love it."

SOCALORADO.
10-29-2009, 02:04 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_13669471

Lots of hitting in Broncos' practice
By Lindsay H. Jones
The Denver Post
Posted: 10/29/2009 12:43:04 PM MDT
Updated: 10/29/2009 12:52:48 PM MDT

The Front Range blizzard moved the Broncos' practices indoors for the second consecutive day, but the change in location hasn't taken the edge off the team's practices.

"We went hard on Monday, same thing yesterday, in pads," coach Josh McDaniels said. "A lot of hitting. It was probably as loud a practice we've had in a while. I mean, there was a lot of banging going on."

The Broncos will hold a two-hour practice this afternoon, another light practice on Friday and a walk-through practice on Saturday before leaving for Baltimore.

"I think they know what we know - we're 6-0, haven't accomplished anything and we have a heck of a challenge in front of us this week," McDaniels said. "I think they're excited to play this game. This is a really good team we're getting ready for."

McDaniels also seemed to share in what plenty of other Colorado sports fans are feeling right now: It's a good time to be a Denver sports fan, with the Broncos, Nuggets and Avalanche a combined 17-1-2 (Broncos 6-0, Avs 9-1-2 and Nuggets 1-0).

"The Nuggets won last night. I saw the end of that game," McDaniels said. "You've got to love it."

I swear, this kid McDaniels just says all the right things.

Dirk
10-29-2009, 02:09 PM
I swear, this kid McDaniels just says all the right things.

A true man of the game for sure. :coffee:

Even though I am older than him. :lol:

TXBRONC
10-29-2009, 02:15 PM
He's doing an excellent job of keeping this team focused from one game to the next.

Iron Horse72
10-29-2009, 02:15 PM
Thanks for that.

The Nuggets won last night. I saw the end of that game," McDaniels said. "You've got to love it."

I like how last night they were saying how Denver gave the Lakers their best run in the playoffs last year.

Not true at all, Houston did, get it right.

honz
10-29-2009, 02:24 PM
Nuggets suck. :coffee:

BFI
10-29-2009, 04:32 PM
I like that statement..."we're 6-0 and havent accomplished anything yet..."

Thats how you stay hungry and humble.

The Broncos will go into Baltimore this weekend and "TAKE IT!"

:D

SoCoPoCo
10-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Anyone else see the irony that we hit more in practice this year - and apparently have since training camp - and it has resulted in a dramatically more sound defense; but we have been healthier this year than any year in recent memory. It's the old coaching adage that the best chance to get hurt is when you are going half-speed...