PDA

View Full Version : Let's Go Mets!!!

SmilinAssasSin27
01-01-2008, 11:43 PM
It's gonna pretty much just be me and Scar, but all are welcome to bask in the glow once the season begins.

BroncoBJ
01-02-2008, 12:28 AM
:lol: be happy when the season starts. Because I'm ready to enjoy another epic collapse by them. :popcorn:

Rick
01-02-2008, 12:31 AM
Just so long as they don't get in the way of the Rockies they can make it to NLCS for all I care :)

Tned
01-02-2008, 04:37 AM
It's gonna pretty much just be me and Scar, but all are welcome to bask in the glow once the season begins.

You can add me to the list. I am already signed up for MLB Extra innings renewal to watch as many Mets games as I get time.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Where are you located? I do Mets games in Pittsburgh, Cincy and NYC...and any AL city they may be playing at nearby. Went to Detroit last year.

Escobar
01-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Just so long as they don't get in the way of the Rockies they can make it to NLCS for all I care :)

the rockies? The biggest 1 hit wonder in years....marked words.

Escobar
01-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Where are you located? I do Mets games in Pittsburgh, Cincy and NYC...and any AL city they may be playing at nearby. Went to Detroit last year.

you do mets games? or go to them?

Tned
01-02-2008, 06:49 PM

I try and get up to St. Louis once a year for a series with a friend of mine, who's also a Mets fan. We didn't make it in '07, because the Mets series was in early April (opening series or second series of the season), and I had just gotten back from a business trip.

Bronco9798
01-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Mets suck!!

SmilinAssasSin27
01-02-2008, 09:57 PM
But the Reds are AWESOME!!!!!

Bronco9798
01-02-2008, 09:59 PM
They will be,,sit tight...

SmilinAssasSin27
01-02-2008, 10:09 PM
I may go see the Mets in Cincy this year. Lemme know if ya wanna make the trip.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Mets @ Reds July 17-20 (Thurs-Sun)

Tned
01-02-2008, 10:59 PM
I haven't checked out the Mets at Busch yet, as I have still been sworn off baseball, but that will change soon.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-07-2008, 11:01 PM
Mets trade for outfielder Pagan from Cubs

January 6, 2008
With general manager Omar Minaya jetting to Israel, the Mets announced a trade before takeoff yesterday by acquiring outfielder Angel Pagan from the Cubs for minor-leaguers Corey Coles and Ryan Meyers.

Pagan, 26, a fourth-round pick of the Mets in the 1999 draft, likely is headed to Triple-A New Orleans to provide outfield depth after the team non-tendered Ben Johnson last month. Pagan played all three outfield positions in 71 games for the Cubs last season and batted .264 (39-for-148) with four home runs and 21 RBIs.

The Mets remain interested in making a deal for Johan Santana, and if the Twins ever back off their demand for Jose Reyes, such a trade likely would involve sending the club's top outfield prospects - Carlos Gomez and Fernando Martinez - to Minnesota. By the time Minaya departed for Israel, not much had changed in those talks, and it seems as if the Yankees and Red Sox are further along in those discussions than the Mets.

Minaya also has been interested in the Orioles' Erik Bedard and Oakland's Joe Blanton, but he was not convinced either pitcher would be traded in the immediate future. With Athletics GM Billy Beane in rebuilding mode, however, Blanton could follow Dan Haren and Nick Swisher out the door before spring training begins next month.

Coles, 25, played mostly for Double-A Binghamton last season and batted .296 with one home run in 66 games. Meyers, 22, went 1-4 with 13 saves and a 2.14 ERA in 33 games for Class A Savannah.

Tned
01-08-2008, 12:16 AM
Did I hear milledge was traded? I have been avoiding baseball news. What did they get for him?

SmilinAssasSin27
01-08-2008, 01:14 AM
A OF and a C from the nationals. Good trade for NY. Milledge was having issues w/ LF and he was never gonna play CF w/ Beltran there. Also his speed wasn't translating to good baserunning...and he's gonna be a cocky head case.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-08-2008, 01:15 AM
Ryan Church is now the starting RF:

http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=425508

SmilinAssasSin27
01-08-2008, 01:15 AM
Brian Schneider is the new C:

http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=150411

Tned
01-08-2008, 01:22 AM
Good, Church had some decent stretches, I had him on one of my fantasy teams.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-08-2008, 01:25 AM
Yeah, I like him a lot. He shuld flourish as an everyday player in that lineup. Delgado needs to get back on track though. Hopefully his hands are finally healthy.

Tned
01-08-2008, 01:32 AM
Yeah, I like him a lot. He shuld flourish as an everyday player in that lineup. Delgado needs to get back on track though. Hopefully his hands are finally healthy.

I'm blanked out baseball due to the pain of the collapse, but what I remember of church is that he had been in the league for a few years with promise and not able to win a starting gig, and then in Washington (I think) last year, he got playing time and produced pretty well. I might have that scenario off by a year, but I( thought last year was his first year with close to full time at bats.

ChampWJ
01-08-2008, 03:06 AM
Go Braves!!!

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Chipper-Jones-R.jpg

SmilinAssasSin27
01-08-2008, 09:53 AM
WOW...THAT's not cool.

MOtorboat
01-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Met's Suck.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-08-2008, 09:55 AM
So do you.

MOtorboat
01-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Your mom.

:D

{This post is completely sarcastic)

SmilinAssasSin27
01-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Your mom.

:D

{This post is completely sarcastic)

Your Mom wears combat boots.

Kapaibro
01-08-2008, 10:02 AM

We'll make sure to have the EMT's standing by to administer the Heimlich when you choke so impressively again! :laugh:

MOtorboat
01-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Your Mom wears combat boots.

She does?

How the hell do you know :rolleyes:

SmilinAssasSin27
01-08-2008, 10:06 AM
She does?

How the hell do you know :rolleyes:

She left em at my place

oh no he didn't...ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM

MOtorboat
01-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Little Johnny is running through his house trying to find his dad.

"Daddy, daddy, where are you?"

He comes to his parents door and he hears strange noises. Not knowing what they are, he barges in, and dad is just going at mom. "Son, close the door, I'll come find you in a little bit."

So Johnny closes the door and moves on about his business. A little later, Dad is going through the house looking for Little Johnny, and he comes to one of the doors in the house and hears noises on the other side of the door. He opens the door and there's little Johnny just going at grandma.

"Johnny! What the hell are you doing?"

"Not so funny when it's your mom, huh?"

SmilinAssasSin27
01-08-2008, 10:33 AM
classic!!!

Tned
01-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Ok, this looks like the Met's lineup as of now. What do we think of this?

C Schneider
1B Delgado
2B Luis Castillo?
SS Reyes
3B Wright
RF Church
CF Beltran
LF Alou

SP Martinez
SP Maine
SP Perez
SP El Duque
SP Pelfrey/Humber

MOtorboat
01-09-2008, 10:43 PM
Ok, this looks like the Met's lineup as of now. What do we think of this?

C Schneider
1B Delgado
2B Luis Castillo?
SS Reyes
3B Wright
RF Church
CF Beltran
LF Alou

SP Martinez
SP Maine
SP Perez
SP El Duque
SP Pelfrey/Humber

Maine has been one of those "young stud" guys, but I think the mets need another pitcher to really compete. Perez is way too inconsistent, Martinez is aging, and I'm not sure Maine is the real deal. El Duque is like 80...

Don't be surprised if they try to get another starting pitcher...

slim
01-09-2008, 10:44 PM
I love the Mets.

Do you know why they called them the "amazing mets"?

SmilinAssasSin27
01-09-2008, 10:45 PM
Miane is a stud in the making. I'm still livid about the bannister trade though. Had Minaya not needed yet another Hispanic arm, we'd be set at SP. As it stands, we'll likely land Blanton or Santana.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-09-2008, 10:46 PM
I love the Mets.

Because you are gay?

slim
01-09-2008, 10:47 PM
Because you are gay?

LOL...yes, because I am gay.

BTW, why are you a mets fan?

SmilinAssasSin27
01-09-2008, 10:48 PM
LOL...yes, because I am gay.

BTW, why are you a mets fan?

Because you are gay.

MOtorboat
01-09-2008, 10:50 PM
Miane is a stud in the making. I'm still livid about the bannister trade though. Had Minaya not needed yet another Hispanic arm, we'd be set at SP. As it stands, we'll likely land Blanton or Santana.

Yeah...thanks for that. He's our No. 3...if not our No. 2...

Tned
01-09-2008, 10:55 PM
I love the Mets.

Because anything on or from the Island (Queens is close enough) is amazing...

It's probably a trick question, but I thought they got the nick in '69 when they won the world series. I have heard Kiner and the guys talk about it in the past, but can't remember specifics of how they got it.

Hopefully Pelfrey and/or Humber can be solid back of the rotation guys, and I was thinking they had another young guy getting close, but am drawing the blank.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Because anything on or from the Island (Queens is close enough) is amazing...

It's probably a trick question, but I thought they got the nick in '69 when they won the world series. I have heard Kiner and the guys talk about it in the past, but can't remember specifics of how they got it.

Hopefully Pelfrey and/or Humber can be solid back of the rotation guys, and I was thinking they had another young guy getting close, but am drawing the blank.

In all seriousness, I'm about 93% sure he was looking for some sort of "less than hetero" response. It's just who he is.

Tned
01-09-2008, 10:57 PM

Yea, but I read that there is talk of Reyes going for Santana, I know we need a big arm, but I'm not sure about that. Hope it is just a rumor.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-09-2008, 10:59 PM
That's what Minny wants...never happening. Minaya laughed at em.

Tned
01-09-2008, 10:59 PM
In all seriousness, I'm about 93% sure he was looking for some sort of "less than hetero" response. It's just who he is.

:lol: Ok, I have been involved in serious discussions at work and on here for about the last 14 hours, so am having trouble flipping on the :laugh: switch. :D

In-com-plete
01-11-2008, 01:18 PM
I'm not a Mets fan, but I just ran into this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G_trnJJYuI&feature=related). Thought you "Metropolitans" would enjoy.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-22-2008, 10:12 AM
Santana offers diminishing
Posted: Tuesday January 22, 2008 07:18AM ET
The Twins say they're not panicking while holding out for the best deal for Johan Santana. But word within baseball circles is that offers by the Yankees (no more Phil Hughes) and Red Sox are diminishing by the week. Best bet now for a trade of the two-time Cy Young Award winner appears to be with the Mets in a deal that would not include fast-rising hitter Fernando Martinez."

MHCBill
01-22-2008, 11:25 AM
Mets suck!!!

SmilinAssasSin27
01-22-2008, 08:14 PM
so do U

MHCBill
01-23-2008, 01:07 PM
No u do!!!

SmilinAssasSin27
01-23-2008, 01:27 PM
nuh uh.

MHCBill
01-23-2008, 03:28 PM
uh huh

SmilinAssasSin27
01-23-2008, 03:43 PM
nuh uh

BOSSHOGG30
01-29-2008, 05:18 PM
USA Today believes the Mets have landed Johan Santana from the Twins for Carlos Gomez, Deolis Guerra, Kevin Mulvey and Philip Humber.

A contract extension would still have to be worked out, so even if it is officially agreed to, this will likely linger through Friday at least. It's a pretty disappointing day for Twins fans. Both packages being discussed by the Red Sox and Yankees during the winter meetings seemed more attractive to us. Gomez and Guerra are big-time talents, but Gomez lacks plate discipline and might not fit in the top half of the lineup and an awful lot could go wrong before Guerra even sniffs the majors. Mulvey and Humber are third starters at best and probably more like fourths. It's a whole lot better than losing Santana for draft picks next winter, but we'd have taken a Phil Hughes or Jacoby Ellsbury package over this. Jan. 29 - 4:29 pm et
Source: USATODAY.com

MHCBill
01-29-2008, 06:31 PM
Mets still suck!

Tned
01-29-2008, 07:44 PM
USA Today believes the Mets have landed Johan Santana from the Twins for Carlos Gomez, Deolis Guerra, Kevin Mulvey and Philip Humber.

A contract extension would still have to be worked out, so even if it is officially agreed to, this will likely linger through Friday at least. It's a pretty disappointing day for Twins fans. Both packages being discussed by the Red Sox and Yankees during the winter meetings seemed more attractive to us. Gomez and Guerra are big-time talents, but Gomez lacks plate discipline and might not fit in the top half of the lineup and an awful lot could go wrong before Guerra even sniffs the majors. Mulvey and Humber are third starters at best and probably more like fourths. It's a whole lot better than losing Santana for draft picks next winter, but we'd have taken a Phil Hughes or Jacoby Ellsbury package over this. Jan. 29 - 4:29 pm et
Source: USATODAY.com

Well, if this happens, based on the Mets track record or trading prospect, Gomez and Humber will probably become all stars.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-29-2008, 11:18 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I just hope he stays healthy. That trade w/ the Nats is gonna be huge for the Mets...bigger than folks realize. Ryan Church won't be an All-Star, but he will be more than solid in NYC. I can't frickin wait!

Devilspawn
01-29-2008, 11:33 PM
I'm glad they got him. Keep him away from Boston. And the Yanks don't break the bank again, right Pavano.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-29-2008, 11:44 PM
The Mets just needed a spark after last year's collapse. Some say it was historic, but anyone who watches NYM could see it coming. The bully was a farce...smoke and mirrors til the end. The absence of Duaner Sanchez was killer. Also, Carols Delgado's hands bothered him all year. Milledge's weaknesses in any spot but CF were glaring and the injuries around the OF cost the squad defensively. Add to that the age and tired legs of LoDuca, Green, Alou, etc and it was a combination for disaster. Not excuses. Just observations as to why I was actually just waiting for it to happen...and took longer than I thought.

As good as Santana is, I think the idea of getting him is as important as his on field production. This team was in game 7 of the NLCS in 2006 and had the fall last year. This will breath new life into em. And as I already mentioned, I think the Church deal will end up being HUGE for NY.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-30-2008, 12:04 AM
Just got me 2 seats to the April 13 game vs Milwaukee at Shea!!!! I know I won't be so lucky, BUT if he pitches every 5th day, Santana should be taking the mound that afternoon.

MHCBill
01-30-2008, 07:28 AM
I sitll don't think the Mets will have enough to overtake the Phillies.

Assuming both teams stay relatively healthy (no team ever does) I think the Phillies have a better infield and equal pitching staff. The outfield edge probably goes to the Mets, but if they play a little below their best and the Phillies outfield plays a little above their best I think it's close.

I will admit, both teams are very close and should make for an exciting NL East race again.

CoachChaz
01-30-2008, 08:13 AM
The Mets really got away with the better end of the deal. I can't beleive the Twins settled for that package.

BigDaddyBronco
01-30-2008, 09:17 AM
The Mets really got away with the better end of the deal. I can't beleive the Twins settled for that package.
I agree, no proven players, just a bunch of prospects. It might not matter much if Pedro doesn't return to form, but they look like the early favorites in the NL.

Being a huge Cubs fan I wasn't happy.

MHCBill
01-30-2008, 11:56 AM
The Mets did make a good deal.

Twins dropped the ball... either deal with the Yanks or Sox would have landed at least one major league ready player plus good prospects.

Mets deal doesn't provided any major league ready players and four okay prospects.

CoachChaz
01-30-2008, 03:54 PM
Gomez is probably ready to play and Humber isn't far away, but I would have held out for a better deal. The one the Orioles are looking to get for Bedard actually sounds better than this Mets deal.

MHCBill
01-30-2008, 04:06 PM
I agree with that.

The Beddard deal may be a better haul of talent than what the Twins got for the best pitcher in baseball.

Puts it into perspective.

Gomez needs atleast another half season of AAA in my opinion. Humber may be ready soon, but he's at best a #3 starter.

Twins got hosed unless Guerra becomes a stud.

Requiem / The Dagda
01-30-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm extremely pissed that the Mariners are giving up Jones; but oh well - when you have another one of the top five prospects in baseball (Balentin) who is just as good as Jones who is MLB ready, it doesn't matter.

BOSSHOGG30
02-01-2008, 02:45 PM
SI.com's Jon Heyman believes the Mets and Johan Santana are closing in on a six-year extension worth about $22 million per season.

Other sources have said the Mets are holding firm at five years, perhaps with a vesting option, but Heyman has said all along it'd be six years. Heyman also says the Mets would add about $7 million to his 2008 salary of $13.25 million. That'd mean Santana would earn about $152 million over the next seven years.
Source: SI.com

CoachChaz
02-01-2008, 02:57 PM
I'm extremely pissed that the Mariners are giving up Jones; but oh well - when you have another one of the top five prospects in baseball (Balentin) who is just as good as Jones who is MLB ready, it doesn't matter.

The crazy thing is it was actually notioned that Seattle would give up both in the deal. I can't tell you how thrilled I would have been if they were dumb enough to do that.

Adam Jones is expected to be "better than Torii Hunter" and Chris Tillman is a stud pitching prospect.

BOSSHOGG30
02-01-2008, 03:17 PM
how did you guys get on the subject of a Seattle and Baltimore trade in the Mets Thread?

CoachChaz
02-01-2008, 03:28 PM
how did you guys get on the subject of a Seattle and Baltimore trade in the Mets Thread?

Based on what the O's will get for Bedard...the Twins got fleeced for Santana.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-01-2008, 05:17 PM
I sitll don't think the Mets will have enough to overtake the Phillies.

Assuming both teams stay relatively healthy (no team ever does) I think the Phillies have a better infield and equal pitching staff. The outfield edge probably goes to the Mets, but if they play a little below their best and the Phillies outfield plays a little above their best I think it's close.

I will admit, both teams are very close and should make for an exciting NL East race again.

The Mets will be healthier...deeper...and better than in 2007 and 2008 and the Phils lost one of their top 3 players. They have better baseball players and the distraction of Milledge is gone. The return of Duaner Sanchez to the bully will do wonders for the team overall. Phils are solid, but if the Mets stay healthy they can't hold their jock.

MHCBill
02-01-2008, 05:18 PM
I'm extremely pissed that the Mariners are giving up Jones; but oh well - when you have another one of the top five prospects in baseball (Balentin) who is just as good as Jones who is MLB ready, it doesn't matter.Sorry, but Balentin is not even close to one of the top five prospects in baseball.

MHCBill
02-01-2008, 05:21 PM
The Mets will be healthier...deeper...and better than in 2007 and 2008 and the Phils lost one of their top 3 players. They have better baseball players and the distraction of Milledge is gone. The return of Duaner Sanchez to the bully will do wonders for the team overall. Phils are solid, but if the Mets stay healthy they can't hold their jock.
The Phillies did not lose one of their best three players. Without including Hamels the Phils top three players are Utley, Rollins, and Howard.

Victorino is better than Rowand in the outfield and for the money Rowand got there's no way the Phils should have resigned him.

Whoever's pitching staff stays healthier will win out between the Phils and Mets.

Offensively they're close.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-01-2008, 05:32 PM
Sorry...4th best. I'd take Rowand over Victorino every day of the week and he was a huge leader for that team...can't be undervalued...overpriced or not, they will still miss him. Not to mention that Victorino was a nice spark off teh bench. Now he's starting...who will take HIS role? pedro Feliz?

I like hamels, but their bully is still a HUGE question mark. I know ya can't assume health, but the injury bug couldn't get too much worse for NY last year. Pedro, Carlos, Duaner in that fender bender, etc...etc... If healthy, they won't crack up again.

In 2006, they destroyed that division. In 2007, they blew a 9 (or more) game lead late. What happened was not talent based...it was health and mental. I believe the changes they made will refresh the squad and they'll win it again rather easily.

MHCBill
02-01-2008, 05:42 PM
There really is no logical reason to think the Mets will be healthier this season.

They're already old in the outfield, first base, second base, and pitching staff.

If anything, they'll be injured more. The older you get the more apt you are to get hurt.

Rollins
Victorino
Utley
Howard
Burrell
Jenkins
Feliz
Ruiz

Reyes
Castillio
Beltran
Wright
Delgado
Alou
Church
Schneider

Edge Phillies

Hamels
Myers
Kendrick
Moyer
Eaton/Lohse

Santana
Maine
Perez
Martinez
Hernandez

Edge Mets - only because of Santana... without him the Phillies are better. Either way, whoever's staff stays healthier wins.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-01-2008, 05:53 PM
There really is no logical reason to think the Mets will be healthier this season.

They're already old in the outfield, first base, second base, and pitching staff.

If anything, they'll be injured more. The older you get the more apt you are to get hurt.

Rollins
Victorino
Utley
Howard
Burrell
Jenkins
Feliz
Ruiz

Reyes
Castillio
Beltran
Wright
Delgado
Alou
Church
Schneider

Edge Phillies

Hamels
Myers
Kendrick
Moyer
Eaton/Lohse

Santana
Maine
Perez
Martinez
Hernandez

Edge Mets - only because of Santana... without him the Phillies are better. Either way, whoever's staff stays healthier wins.

Delgado will finally be fully recovered from his hand injury. They got rid of Glavine, LoDuca, Green and replaced them with Santana, Church and Schneider. Maine is young. As is Oliver Perez. Santana isn't old. Nobody really know how old El Duque is, but he's not typically injury prone. I'm willing to bet Pedro doesn't mis over 100 games due to injury again and they do have Pelfrey who although had a rocky start is progressing.

Rollins, Utley, Howard=Reyes, Wright, Beltran.

Looking at the rest, gimme Castillo, Delgado, Alou and Church over Burrell, Jenkins, Feliz and Ruiz w/o question.

And again, the Mets have stabled the bully. what has Philly done to fix what has been their achilles heel for a half a decade now?

MHCBill
02-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Brad Lidge

SmilinAssasSin27
02-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Is he over his mental block yet?

BOSSHOGG30
02-01-2008, 08:29 PM
Johan Santana reportedly will make $150.75 million over the next seven years under the terms of his deal with the Mets.

Santana was already owed $13.25 million for 2008, so this is a six-year, $137.5 million extension. He's expected to get $7 million in the form of a signing bonus.
Source: SI.com

Tned
02-01-2008, 08:32 PM
According to the NYP via Rotoworld:

Pedro Martinez's agent said Thursday that his client wants to continue pitching beyond this season.

"As long as he's able to pitch without the discomfort and the pain, he's going to want to play for a long time," agent Fernando Cuza said. "He enjoys the game." Martinez is in the final season of a four-year, $53 million contract.
Source: New York Post

DenverBronkHoes
02-01-2008, 08:47 PM
step right up and kill the mets

SmilinAssasSin27
02-01-2008, 08:54 PM
That won't be happening much this year.

Scarface
02-02-2008, 09:20 AM
So freakin sweet!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.newsday.com/media/photo/2008-01/34994661.jpg

SmilinAssasSin27
02-02-2008, 09:30 AM
Just think, if they hadn't traded Bannister to the Royals....

Johan
Pedro
Maine
Bannister
Perez

MOtorboat
02-02-2008, 10:26 AM
Just think, if they hadn't traded Bannister to the Royals....

Johan
Pedro
Maine
Bannister
Perez

Well, I really like Bannister a lot, but let's see if last year was a fluke or not. I know he's not a met, but here's a really great interview with Bannister at mlbtraderumors.com

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/01/brian-bannister.html

SmilinAssasSin27
02-02-2008, 10:43 AM
I doubt it was a fluke as he was showing the same promise that Maine did before being shipped off for that loser of a reliever KC sent us.

I was really excited about the prospect of Maine, Bannister and Pelfrey solidifying the future of the roatation...but alas...it was not to be.

MOtorboat
02-02-2008, 10:44 AM
I doubt it was a fluke as he was showing the same promise that Maine did before being shipped off for that loser of a reliever KC sent us.

I was really excited about the prospect of Maine, Bannister and Pelfrey solidifying the future of the roatation...but alas...it was not to be.

LOL, yeah, what was his name...Burgos?

SmilinAssasSin27
02-02-2008, 10:49 AM
yup...Minaya has man crushes on any Latino player in the league

MOtorboat
02-02-2008, 11:14 AM
yup...Minaya has man crushes on any Latino player in the league

Well, to Minaya's credit, Burgos has got one hell of a live arm and could be a very good set-up/closer type if he can stay healthy and be consistent...

DenverBronkHoes
02-02-2008, 11:30 AM
METS=FLUKE

any questions?

SmilinAssasSin27
02-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Well, to Minaya's credit, Burgos has got one hell of a live arm and could be a very good set-up/closer type if he can stay healthy and be consistent...

...and learn how to pitch

SmilinAssasSin27
02-02-2008, 12:38 PM
METS=FLUKE

any questions?

They are clearly a fluke. They were 1 game from the WS in 2006 and in 2007, their injuries and lockerroom issues finally caught up w/ em...and still won 88 games. They only have some of the best young talent in baseball and added one of the top 3 pitchers in baseball.

Definitely a fluke.

DenverBronkHoes
02-02-2008, 01:55 PM
They are clearly a fluke. They were 1 game from the WS in 2006 and in 2007, their injuries and lockerroom issues finally caught up w/ em...and still won 88 games. They only have some of the best young talent in baseball and added one of the top 3 pitchers in baseball.

Definitely a fluke.

sorry.... i just have too many met fan friends.. on the real tho...

they look good. Definately the best starting pitching in the national league. Their young guys are awesome. U have to love wright and reyes's defense and theres some good power hitting... Delgado better wake up this season....

the division is theirs as long as they play their game. In the end, its going to be how well you guys respond when yu in the playoffs.... Prey for healthyness.

better?

PS.... hanley ramirez will be better than reyes this year and forever!!!

SmilinAssasSin27
02-02-2008, 02:09 PM
I think Delgado will be fine now that his hands are fully recovered. he was a shell of himself last year.

I'm a converted Blue Jays fan and followed Delgado his entire career. Loved him from day 1. I switched to the Mets when the Jays even hinted at trading Delgado. I don't need to follow a winner, but I at least want a team that tries. I thought about becoming a Tigers fan when they were AWFUL, because you could at least see an effort there. I also went w/ the Expos/Nationals since their AA team the Harrisburg Senators were local, but most of my friends in Harrisburg were Mets fans and they took me to NYC for a game...I was hooked. PLUS, I hate all teams in Philly so it helps that the Mets are a rival. I'm glad I switched up (and yes, it was before they got good) cuz i LOOOOOVE David Wright. Getting Delgado a couple of years later iced the cake for me.

DenverBronkHoes
02-02-2008, 02:23 PM
well... im a marlin fan cuz i like going to games to chill and watch baseball. Over the years i fell in love with the team.... As crappy as they have been, and still 2 championships.

its great to be able to get cheap seats and sit where u want and watch other teams stars play.

Greatest baseball moment for me......

red sox came to play the fish... Game 1, Mike Lowells first at bat got a standing ovation for 3 minutes. Hes the kind of player u fall in love with... It was a very emotional for me, my fellow marlin fans(all3k of them), and the 15k red sox fans....

wow

SmilinAssasSin27
02-02-2008, 02:27 PM
I like the marlins, but I have trouble rooting for Florida teams...dunno why though.

Pittsburgh is the same way...EMPTY. One season in the late 1990s they almost made the playoffs...and were hovering around .500. They lost to Houston on the last day to just miss out, but it was fun going to the games.

MHCBill
02-03-2008, 09:57 AM
yup...Minaya has man crushes on any Latino player in the leagueYea... Kazmir for Zambrano... nope, not that Zambrano.

Rex
02-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Congrats METS......someone finally made the Yankees and Red Sox look like a small market team. This is SO GOOD for MLB.

Tned
02-03-2008, 02:33 PM
Yea... Kazmir for Zambrano... nope, not that Zambrano.

Yea, I know at the time the Mets were hoping to get some pitching for a playoff run, but they really could use Kazmir in their rotation now.

MHCBill
02-05-2008, 12:42 PM
Yea, I know at the time the Mets were hoping to get some pitching for a playoff run, but they really could use Kazmir in their rotation now.They would have been better off promoting Kazmir than trading for Victor Zambrano. He sucked!!!:laugh:

SmilinAssasSin27
02-05-2008, 09:44 PM
My tix came in the mail...I'm giddy.

Too bad all the Broadway shows suck right now. I've seen Avenue Q, but all the others I wanted to see are done with.

Devilspawn
02-07-2008, 01:26 PM
A video of Pedro Martinez and Hall of Famer Juan Marichal at a cockfight was posted this week on YouTube.

The two took part as honorary "soltadores," the word used to describe the person who puts the animal to fight. Cockfighting is legal in the Dominican Republic, where the incident took place, so Pedro doesn't have to worry about joining Michael Vick in prison. Still, the Mets can't be happy about the publicity this is going to bring.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-23-2008, 12:33 PM
JOHAN 'FEELS GREAT' DESPITE GIVING UP A SURPRISING HR
By BART HUBBUCH

February 23, 2008 -- PORT ST. LUCIE - Salomon Manriquez will be telling his grandkids years from now what he did to Johan SantanaJohan Santana yesterday.

Manriquez, a 25-year-old catcher who has never been above Double A, took the MetsNew York Mets ' prized left-hander deep during Santana's first stint against live hitters since he was with the Twins last September.

Of course, Manriquez knew what pitch was coming - Santana had catcher Brian SchneiderBrian Schneider tell all five batters what pitch he was about to throw.

That explains why Santana and the Amazin's shrugged off Manriquez's shocking, 400-foot shot to left-center and were all smiles after the two-time Cy Young winner made his long-awaited spring training debut.

"It was good," said Santana, who threw with the first group on the No. 6 diamond at Tradition Field. "I felt good. I threw [all three of] my pitches, and I feel great."

With GM Omar Minaya, most of the team's pitching coaches and a throng of media and fans looking on, Santana calmly and expertly threw a total of 25 pitches to five hitters during the mid-morning session.

The opposition was a mix of stars and minor-league hopefuls. David Wright, infielder Olmedo Saenz, new right fielder Ryan Church and backup infielder Damion Easley joined Manriquez in the cage.

To a man, they came away awed by Santana's efficiency, command and velocity, especially so early in camp and for someone who hadn't faced a hitter in nearly five months.

"Guys were still getting fooled, even knowing what was coming," said Wright, who went first and finally grounded an inside fastball on the last pitch he saw. "For a big-league hitter, that's not supposed to happen. That shows why he's won a couple of Cy Youngs."

Santana threw his trademark mix of mid-90 mph fastballs and sliders while mixing in what scouts consider his best pitch - a change-up in the low 80s that is often unhittable because it comes from the same release point as his fastball.

Tned
02-23-2008, 01:40 PM
Mets lost to Oliver Perez in arbitration and will pay him $6.5 million or so (versus the $4.5 million or so they offered). First time they have lost an arbitration case in around 16 years.

Scarface
02-24-2008, 08:57 PM
http://i.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0802/mlb.old.faces.new.places/images/johan.santana.jpg

Tned
02-24-2008, 09:43 PM
http://i.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0802/mlb.old.faces.new.places/images/johan.santana.jpg

Looks good in pinstripes. That looks like a 5 on his uniform, which I know it can't be, since that is Wright's number. The second number must just not be visible.

MOtorboat
02-24-2008, 09:44 PM
Looks good in pinstripes. That looks like a 5 on his uniform, which I know it can't be, since that is Wright's number. The second number must just not be visible.

Most likely 57...that's what he wore with the twins...

Scarface
02-24-2008, 11:35 PM
Most likely 57...that's what he wore with the twins...

Dat is correct.

http://us.ent3.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/contrib_pix/c/h/hds/chris_farley.jpg

MHCBill
03-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Ha ha ha... Mets are really going to be scary this year.

They'll have probably two healthy players all year... Wright and Reyes.

Moises Alou has been sent back to New York for tests after compaining of a sore groin.

There's no way the Mets could have this rash of injuries without Alou getting involved in the action. The team has to be in the market for another bat already.
Source: Newsday

SmilinAssasSin27
03-11-2008, 12:35 AM
Landed 4 Mets in my fantasy draft tonight...Wright, Beltran, Castillo and Delgado. My team name is "All the Wright moves".

SmilinAssasSin27
04-01-2008, 06:44 PM

Looks damn good so far. Shoulda heard the dudes on the sports talk radio show while he was piching yasterday. He was embarrassing the Marlins and they couldn't help but laugh and make comments about how good he looked. Handley ramirez became his biotch.

Tned
04-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Pedro left the mound with what looked like a pulled groin or hamstring. I had to turn the sound off because of a call right after that, and haven't had a chance to figure out what happened.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-01-2008, 08:39 PM
Yeah...I heard. He has a habit of that during poor outings.

Tned
04-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Pulled hamstring. He heard a pop.

CoachChaz
04-02-2008, 07:20 AM
The thing that I thought was STUPID about Santana's start was the announcers and newspapers saying he was "better than advertised". I'm sory, but...have they been paying attention to ANYTHING the last 5 years? Were the expecting a middle of the rotation guy?

MHCBill
04-02-2008, 03:40 PM
Ha ha ha... Mets are really going to be scary this year.

They'll have probably two healthy players all year... Wright and Reyes.

Moises Alou has been sent back to New York for tests after compaining of a sore groin.

There's no way the Mets could have this rash of injuries without Alou getting involved in the action. The team has to be in the market for another bat already.
Source: Newsday
WOW... didn't see this coming. Mets' players getting hurt...

METS SUCK!!!

ha ha ha... PEDRO...

BOSSHOGG30
04-02-2008, 03:43 PM
WOW... didn't see this coming. Mets' players getting hurt...

METS SUCK!!!

ha ha ha... PEDRO...

Wow Bill, I didn't know you were a Mets fan... I will have to take you up to Binghamton and we can see a AA Mets game together.

DenverBronkHoes
04-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Mets Suck.......

Go Marlins!!!

DenverBronkHoes
04-02-2008, 04:34 PM
after tonight.....

mets will be 1-2

DenverBronkHoes
04-02-2008, 06:09 PM
batter up!

NY goes home tonight with soggy eyes and skid marked droors!!

MHCBill
04-02-2008, 07:17 PM
It's not so much that I hate the Mets... I really, really like Reyes and Wright, but their fans are almost as bad as Cowboys' fans.

DenverBronkHoes
04-02-2008, 08:39 PM
ok ill go shoot myself now

SmilinAssasSin27
04-02-2008, 09:22 PM
hahahahahahahahaha...but no...really...please do.

j/k

BroncoBJ
04-02-2008, 09:39 PM
It's not so much that I hate the Mets... I really, really like Reyes and Wright, but their fans are almost as bad as Cowboys' fans.

Yea Mutt fans are funny stuff :lol:

SmilinAssasSin27
04-02-2008, 09:46 PM
WOW...are we really that bad? I HATE Cowboys fans.

BroncoBJ
04-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Yea Thier pretty bad. They have 1 good season and then all thier fans start talking trash. Maybe since a lot of my cousins are Met fans and they always love to talk trash and last year was great. I hope it happens again. They talked so much to me back in May :lol:

Devilspawn
04-02-2008, 10:17 PM
That was a butt whooping dejour tonight.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-02-2008, 10:46 PM
David Wright is a beast. I can't wait til we go up.

ESPN just said the Mets will ahve to use a spot starter from the minors on the 12th in place of Pedro. My question is, does everyone else get pushed up and THEN the newbie gets a start or does the newbie simply fill where Pedro would be?

Reason I ask, I am going up to NYC to see a game on the 13th. If everyone is moved up and the newbie fills the 5th spot on the 12th...That means the #1 is starting the game I'll be at.

MOtorboat
04-03-2008, 08:16 AM
David Wright is a beast. I can't wait til we go up.

ESPN just said the Mets will ahve to use a spot starter from the minors on the 12th in place of Pedro. My question is, does everyone else get pushed up and THEN the newbie gets a start or does the newbie simply fill where Pedro would be?

Reason I ask, I am going up to NYC to see a game on the 13th. If everyone is moved up and the newbie fills the 5th spot on the 12th...That means the #1 is starting the game I'll be at.

Well, according to their Depth Chart, they are all sorts of out of whack because of it. Maine should have got the start as the No. 2, but Perez came in and started last night. So, I'm assuming Maine gets Friday's game at Atlanta, then Pelfrey and Santana on Sunday. Perez on Tuesday, Maine on Wednesday, Pelfrey on Thursday, Santana Friday, spot starter and then Perez on Sunday...that would be my guess at this point.

MHCBill
04-03-2008, 08:18 AM
Present company excluded as Mets fans are as bad as Cowboys fans... at least you love the Broncos!!!

DenverBronkHoes
04-03-2008, 10:56 AM
That was a butt whooping dejour tonight.

yea my marlins got SHELLED tonight

there will be more like this for sure

DenverBronkHoes
05-26-2008, 01:31 PM
welll....

what do u know.... the mets are falling to pieces..... no met fan has the walnuts to poke his/her head around?

Well... be prepared for more L's, the 1st place Marlins are in town and ready to "beat the mets, kill the mets, step right up and pee on the mets.. Bring the little turds, bring the mistress............."

Tned
05-26-2008, 01:33 PM
welll....

what do u know.... the mets are falling to pieces..... no met fan has the walnuts to poke his/her head around?

Well... be prepared for more L's, the 1st place Marlins are in town and ready to "beat the mets, kill the mets, step right up and pee on the mets.. Bring the little turds, bring the mistress............."

Well, I guess I have plenty of nuts, as I haven't hidden my Mets fan status.

The smack forum is that way ===============>

DenverBronkHoes
05-26-2008, 01:45 PM
sorry T.....

its just the last person to post in here was ME on April 3rd..... im not even a met fan... If that doesnt call for atleast a little smack........

good luck tonight

Tned
05-26-2008, 01:49 PM
sorry T.....

its just the last person to post in here was ME on April 3rd..... im not even a met fan... If that doesnt call for atleast a little smack........

good luck tonight

Right now the Mets need something closer to divine intervention than luck...

SmilinAssasSin27
05-26-2008, 04:34 PM
It's playoff time in hoops...once that's over I'll be all over this thread...win or lose.

DenverBronkHoes
05-26-2008, 09:22 PM
i saw a funny sign on TV watching thw game...

it read "SAVE THE METS, FREE WILLY"....

Personally.... i think baseball managers are least important of the 4 major sports's head in charge.... How many games will a manager win a baseball team? 5? 10? I tihnk its a joke...

Jack McKeon came in 03 when the Fish were 15 games below .500.... eventually winning the world series and stickin it too the most hated baseball team ever(yankees)..

I tihnk its wrong for fans to want to fire the manager.... Especially in the middle of a season.... What do u guys think about Willie? If i were a met fan i would not be blaming Willie for the blunders

SmilinAssasSin27
05-28-2008, 10:16 PM
i saw a funny sign on TV watching thw game...

it read "SAVE THE METS, FREE WILLY"....

Personally.... i think baseball managers are least important of the 4 major sports's head in charge.... How many games will a manager win a baseball team? 5? 10? I tihnk its a joke...

Jack McKeon came in 03 when the Fish were 15 games below .500.... eventually winning the world series and stickin it too the most hated baseball team ever(yankees)..

I tihnk its wrong for fans to want to fire the manager.... Especially in the middle of a season.... What do u guys think about Willie? If i were a met fan i would not be blaming Willie for the blunders

Willie is awful. he has no control of the lockerroom and no game management skills. Our obviosult racist GM is worse. Let's trade away all our good players for awful latinos and overspend aftre the Yankees showed it doesn't work. BRILLIANT. Brian Bannister should still be a Met. So should Nady.

DenverBronkHoes
05-28-2008, 11:29 PM
great game tonight....

a real shame to watch it go to the mets...... Reyes played a great series, and i still dont like him

SmilinAssasSin27
05-29-2008, 06:41 AM
Lets Go Mets!

Tned
05-29-2008, 06:48 AM
Wrights been productive in all but average, but Reyes has struggled except for his recent HR binge.

Injuries again have hurt, which isn't too surprising with the age of people like Alou and Martinez. Delgado's best days seem to be behind him. They need to get healthy and more consistant with their starting pitching real quick.

DenverBronkHoes
05-29-2008, 10:43 AM
u guys are tough fans dude

MHCBill
06-09-2008, 03:02 PM
The Mets are sure basking in something... a pile of crap.

Go Phils... 7 1/2 game lead already! They should win this division by 15 games.

MOtorboat
06-09-2008, 04:06 PM
The Mets are sure basking in something... a pile of crap.

Go Phils... 7 1/2 game lead already! They should win this division by 15 games.

I'm not sure I'd bring up big leads in discussion of the NL East. :laugh:

SmilinAssasSin27
06-09-2008, 04:39 PM
This season has been vomit inducing thus far. It seems that on a daily basis, all that can go wrong..does. Mets finally score some runs and Wagner blows a lead. Mets get 3 good pitching outings and lose 2-1 (or sumthin like that) 3 straight games. UGH!

MHCBill
06-10-2008, 09:30 AM
One big difference I see between the Phillies and the Mets this year is HEART!!!

The Phillies ALWAYS play with heart... don't thing the Mets always do.

imo

MOtorboat
06-10-2008, 09:48 AM
One big difference I see between the Phillies and the Mets this year is HEART!!!

The Phillies ALWAYS play with heart... don't thing the Mets always do.

imo

Minaya = Money?

MHCBill
06-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Money doesn't by happiness or championships.

Agreed.

MHCBill
06-17-2008, 10:29 AM
WOW... in less than three months I think Mets' fans have gone silent.

I saw this coming... the Mets are old, overpaid, and play with little or no heart.

Love Reyes and Wright, but that's all they've got.

Tned
06-17-2008, 01:52 PM

I saw this coming... the Mets are old, overpaid, and play with little or no heart.

But, other than that, they're great!

Medford Bronco
06-17-2008, 03:26 PM
But, other than that, they're great!

better than my sucky Dodgers :tsk:

they still have Santana one of the best in the game.

SmilinAssasSin27
06-17-2008, 05:36 PM
First, I do NOT like HOW this went down, but it had to happen. Why they wait til he wins 3 of 4 and start a west coast roady is beyond me.

Finally he is gone and with the awful basecoaches. I know some onus is on Minaya and the players too, but I'm sick of seeing his poor decision making...like Schneider not being pinchrun for the other night being down by 1 run late AND the 3B coach for sending him on a sac fly attempt (he was out by 8 feet BTW). Too much of that crap. I think manuel will be good for the club. Unfortunately, and I've been calling Minaya a racist for a while, his addiction to Latin players may have caused a divide that may be too far to recover from. Delgado and Alou are as good as gone in 2009, but Reyes, Beltran, Santana, Sanchez and Castillo may keep the vibe going.

Finally...Reyes makes the team go, pure and simple, and he did NOT get along w/ randolph. Hopefully this gets him jumpstarted.

SmilinAssasSin27
06-17-2008, 05:38 PM

Don't forget beltran. Church is a stud as well. Schneider is a very good catcher. Duaner Sanchez is a stud in the bully. Otheriwse...I agree

I miss Cliff Floyd. His leadership is underrated.

Tned
06-17-2008, 07:37 PM
First, I do NOT like HOW this went down, but it had to happen. Why they wait til he wins 3 of 4 and start a west coast roady is beyond me.

Finally he is gone and with the awful basecoaches. I know some onus is on Minaya and the players too, but I'm sick of seeing his poor decision making...like Schneider not being pinchrun for the other night being down by 1 run late AND the 3B coach for sending him on a sac fly attempt (he was out by 8 feet BTW). Too much of that crap. I think manuel will be good for the club. Unfortunately, and I've been calling Minaya a racist for a while, his addiction to Latin players may have caused a divide that may be too far to recover from. Delgado and Alou are as good as gone in 2009, but Reyes, Beltran, Santana, Sanchez and Castillo may keep the vibe going.

Finally...Reyes makes the team go, pure and simple, and he did NOT get along w/ randolph. Hopefully this gets him jumpstarted.

I'm not sad to see Peterson go. I can't say for sure how good or bad a pitching coach he is, but what I do knoiw is that based on what I heard he is the primary reason we don't have Scott Kazmir. He stated confidently that if he had five minutes with Victor Zambrano, he would turn him into a super star. The Mets bought it and traded their top pitching prospect (who has been tearing up the AL for four years) for nothing.

Devilspawn
06-17-2008, 07:42 PM
You can always come back home, Willie.

Screwed up though, they let him do the press conferences with the "we" this and "we" that, then he's gone.

Let's go Mets.

SmilinAssasSin27
07-11-2008, 04:11 PM
Starting to heat up...FINALLY! And they're beating good teams too. The Giants aren't great, but took 3 of 4 from Philly and looked good vs NYY. Got the Rockies this weekend. Hope it continues.

Tned
07-13-2008, 02:07 PM
Starting to heat up...FINALLY! And they're beating good teams too. The Giants aren't great, but took 3 of 4 from Philly and looked good vs NYY. Got the Rockies this weekend. Hope it continues.

I haven't been able to keep tabs on them, because I am in Europe and have had no time to get on the internet until today. Right before I left, I went up to St. Louis for two games on June 30th/July 1st. The Mets lost to the cards on Monday, one on Tuesday.

First game I had tickets first row behind the Mets dugout, the second game first row behind Cards dugout. A friend got them for us and it was AWESOME.

Tned
07-17-2008, 05:43 PM
Ok, the second half begins. Mets on a 9 game win streak and only 1/2 game behind Philly.

Lets Go, Mets Go!!!

Kapaibro
07-18-2008, 03:27 AM
The good news is, the Mets will probably choke like a President with a pretzel come September!

;)

Tned
07-18-2008, 06:45 AM
The good news is, the Mets will probably choke like a President with a pretzel come September!

;)

I'm sorry, did you say that they would choke like an intern with a president in the room...

MHCBill
07-18-2008, 10:15 AM
I'm not worried... the Mets have had to win 10 in a row while the Phillies have played poorly just to get even.

The Mets will trail off come September.

SmilinAssasSin27
07-18-2008, 04:12 PM
I love that noone came after you, but you feel the need to tell us yer not worried. I'm no psychologist (it was only my minor), but if I were I'd think that you really are worried. Remember, Mets were 4-2 vs Philly this year when they sucked and 3-1 since the recent improvement. I loved that folks thought the Phils were in the Mets heads, when reality is that the collapse was ALL NY. Granted, Philly slipped in and took advantage (more power to em), but it didn't matter who the Mets were playing...they were a mess. The lack of bullpen depth finally kicked in, as did Reyes' dislike for Randolph...then once the defense went, it was all over. They still make the playoffs if they beat Florida on the last did...and Glavine gets hammered. Lucky Phils. I'm actually more worried about the Marlins. They play as a team, their lockerroom isn't a madhouse now (as is Phily's) and they actually have some pitching.

SmilinAssasSin27
07-24-2008, 05:26 PM
Make that now 9-4 vs Philly this year.

MHCBill
07-24-2008, 08:12 PM
Mets will falter... too many old, old players.

Just remember September '07.

SmilinAssasSin27
07-24-2008, 08:26 PM

Just remember September '07.

Different mentality. Different Team. Delgado is healthy...he wasn't in 07. Alou and Shawn Green are gone. In there places are Church and a couple of other youngsters. Castillo is as good as done. Easley ain't young, but some youth is getting infused there as well. The Mets are about to call up 19yo Fernando Martinez....STUD! They are not as old as you want them to be.

Glavine gone, Pedro never contributed, El Duque is as good as gone. Santana, Maine, Oliver and Pelfrey are far from old. Wagner is old, but still dominant. Ask the Phils.

Most important, the mindset has changed and the team is playing much more relaxed. They did flop last year, but it's far from a trend.

Devilspawn
09-29-2008, 09:54 AM
*bump*

tee hee

DenverBronkHoes
09-29-2008, 10:10 AM
the only bright spot on yesterday's festivities. 2 years u eat raw fish for dinner... Im proud of my $22 million dollar payroll team.....

crybaby met fans

Bronco9798
09-29-2008, 10:16 AM
I love seeing the Mets choke.

SmilinAssasSin27
09-29-2008, 01:53 PM
What are you all talking about??? It's football season.

MHCBill
09-29-2008, 07:54 PM

Just remember September '07.Thanks for remembering this cswil.

MHCBill
09-29-2008, 07:55 PM
Different mentality. Different Team. Delgado is healthy...he wasn't in 07. Alou and Shawn Green are gone. In there places are Church and a couple of other youngsters. Castillo is as good as done. Easley ain't young, but some youth is getting infused there as well. The Mets are about to call up 19yo Fernando Martinez....STUD! They are not as old as you want them to be.

Glavine gone, Pedro never contributed, El Duque is as good as gone. Santana, Maine, Oliver and Pelfrey are far from old. Wagner is old, but still dominant. Ask the Phils.

Most important, the mindset has changed and the team is playing much more relaxed. They did flop last year, but it's far from a trend.Sorry, what were you saying?

Devilspawn
09-29-2008, 08:51 PM
I found it weird that they decided to close Shea Stadium with the festivities after the game and not before.

Awkwaaaaard.

SmilinAssasSin27
09-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Sorry, what were you saying?

Still completely different. The TEAM did not choke. Unlike last year the hitters kept hitting and the D stayed solid. The bully was the problem from the door. It hurt when the closer went down, but he too had blown 7 on his own. The SPs played solid, the youth excelled, Delgado and Beltran got healthy and, again, the bully let the team down. This team was simply not talented enough in all areas to win the division. There was no "choking" this time around...simply an incomplete team.