PDA

View Full Version : Any way to get a tailgating page?

SmilinAssasSin27
01-01-2008, 11:40 PM
Forgive me if it's already somehwere I haven't seen, but to me the best part of the Mane (and I know this isn't the Mane) is that there is a page specifically for tailgate and event planning. We make plans as far as number of folks coming, hotels, parking, directions, what to bring, etc. It's really helpful. We also post a bunch of pics afterwards.

If someone can create one, I'll gladly start uploading some pix from recent tailgates. I have Buffalo, Indy and Detroit this year, Cleveland in 2006 and Buffalo in 2005.

Jody
01-01-2008, 11:56 PM
What a terrific idea. There never has been that I'm aware of, nor on the past broncomania board we were at. Excellent!

dogfish
01-02-2008, 06:37 AM
that's easy-- start a thread in the "what's on your mind" forum. . . .

Jody
01-02-2008, 06:45 AM
that's easy-- start a thread in the "what's on your mind" forum. . . .

True, that's an option, but it should get a tack then, so it stays afloat!

Tned
01-02-2008, 07:20 AM
Forgive me if it's already somehwere I haven't seen, but to me the best part of the Mane (and I know this isn't the Mane) is that there is a page specifically for tailgate and event planning. We make plans as far as number of folks coming, hotels, parking, directions, what to bring, etc. It's really helpful. We also post a bunch of pics afterwards.

If someone can create one, I'll gladly start uploading some pix from recent tailgates. I have Buffalo, Indy and Detroit this year, Cleveland in 2006 and Buffalo in 2005.

Are you just talking about a thread dedicated to this, or something else. I will try and take a look at the mane, to see what they are doing, but if you could post a link to the Mane's page, that would be great.

BroncoBJ
01-02-2008, 07:32 AM
I think he means like a picture type section on the homepage.
Is there even a homepage?
But I like that idea as well. I love looking at pictures of Bronco fans before, during and after Bronco games.
It be cool to have albums and stuff like that.

Tned
01-02-2008, 07:47 AM
I think he means like a picture type section on the homepage.
Is there even a homepage?
But I like that idea as well. I love looking at pictures of Bronco fans before, during and after Bronco games.
It be cool to have albums and stuff like that.

Currently, there isn't a homepage. That's why I put up the poll about content in the Town Hall, I am trying to figure out what type of info should be on a home page.

Bronco9798
01-02-2008, 09:18 AM
Just make a tailgating/game Forum so people can discuss wo is going to each game and make plans etc., Have one at th Mane and we had one at the Freak. They are great forums.

BroncoBJ
01-02-2008, 03:51 PM
Currently, there isn't a homepage. That's why I put up the poll about content in the Town Hall, I am trying to figure out what type of info should be on a home page.

Alright I'll go check that out. :salute:
I'm still getting use to navigating around the forum and stuff.
Theres so many sub-forums I get confused. :lol:

Bronco9798
01-02-2008, 03:52 PM
Tailgating forums are well worth it. We have organized many parties and tailgating events with them. They get used, trust me. They are outstanding for a football forum.

BroncoBJ
01-02-2008, 03:55 PM
It sounds like a good idea. :salute:

Bronco9798
01-02-2008, 03:59 PM
You create a forum and call it "The Tailgating/Party forum.

You list every game in a thread and people will use that thread to make plans to meet for the game, etc., We also had an annual Freakfest and other events where everybody organized everything in those threads. It was well worth it.

Example

Broncos VS Bills tailgating thread

Broncos VS Raiders tailgating thread

Broncos VS Jacksonville tailgating thread

You post all the games prior to the start of the season and you have all season to see whos going to what game and make plans in those threads

Or list an event you're having and make plans and invite people.

Tned
01-02-2008, 05:55 PM
Alright I'll go check that out. :salute:
I'm still getting use to navigating around the forum and stuff.
Theres so many sub-forums I get confused. :lol:

Well if you had been posting here and helping us 'create broncosforums', then you could have given input on the forum structure here: http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271

But, you were too busy goofing around on BM. ;)

You create a forum and call it "The Tailgating/Party forum.

You list every game in a thread and people will use that thread to make plans to meet for the game, etc., We also had an annual Freakfest and other events where everybody organized everything in those threads. It was well worth it.

Example

Broncos VS Bills tailgating thread

Broncos VS Raiders tailgating thread

Broncos VS Jacksonville tailgating thread

You post all the games prior to the start of the season and you have all season to see whos going to what game and make plans in those threads

Or list an event you're having and make plans and invite people.

That sounds good, I don't think anyone will object to this idea.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-02-2008, 06:00 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=36

This is the link to the Mane's tailgate page. Like 9798 said, it definitely gets used. I can honestly say, if these pages didn't exist, I'd have lasted on a message board. Planning and attending events is funa dn it helps ya get to know those you ya chat w/ every day.

BroncoBJ
01-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Well if you had been posting here and helping us 'create broncosforums', then you could have given input on the forum structure here: http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271

But, you were too busy goofing around on BM. ;)

That sounds good, I don't think anyone will object to this idea.

:lol: @ too busy goofing off. I think I was new back then.
And wow this site has been around since August?
It seems like it just opened. :eek:

Tned
01-02-2008, 06:50 PM
:lol: @ too busy goofing off. I think I was new back then.
And wow this site has been around since August?
It seems like it just opened. :eek:

August 27th, 6:00 pm Central time.

Bronco9798
01-02-2008, 07:40 PM
I think people would find it a valuable tool to plan game gatherings, parties, and events. It will be used.

Tned
01-02-2008, 11:02 PM
I think people would find it a valuable tool to plan game gatherings, parties, and events. It will be used.

Do we need a big bus-RV with a stripper pole in the kitchen??? ;)

Bronco9798
01-03-2008, 07:34 AM
Do we need a big bus-RV with a stripper pole in the kitchen??? ;)

Well, now you're talking. We need to talk to Meck!! I'm sure he will drop in if you have this forum. He's always putting something together!!

Colorado4Life
01-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Yeah I suggested this as well and was called a grasshopper by another certain someone who also has a crush on me. ;)

Tned
01-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Yeah I suggested this as well and was called a grasshopper by another certain someone who also has a crush on me. ;)

Yea, but if I remember, it was because you did it in the wrong place ;)

Bronco9798
01-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Will this idea be brought up the advisory people for a vote at anytime?

Just curious.

Tned
01-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Ok, this forum was created within the "Football Forums" area. The options were there, or within the "Everything but the gridiron" area.

http://broncosforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48

Bronco9798
01-06-2008, 05:53 PM
Great,,thanks Tred!!!

Tned
01-06-2008, 05:57 PM
Great,,thanks Tred!!!

Let me know if there is anything else specific you guys want, such as a stickied thread of any kind (like describing what/how things should be posted), or if the fact it will contain non-football parties as well, you want it moved to the non-football area.

If you guys that want this, just hash out details here, once a conclusion is reached, I will implement it.

Bronco9798
01-06-2008, 05:58 PM
I think its fine just like that so far...it's a very beneficial forum.

Tned
01-06-2008, 06:00 PM
I think its fine just like that so far...it's a very beneficial forum.

great. looking forward to seeing some meets get setup.

Bronco9798
01-06-2008, 06:00 PM
great. looking forward to seeing some meets get setup.

We actually do quite a few during the season.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Thanx Man. I'll start filling up some threads w/ content tonight!

BroncoBJ
01-07-2008, 03:05 AM
:lol: Tnedator is good stuff.
I come back and theres another new forum.

For the fans, by the fans. :salute: :elefant:

Colorado4Life
01-08-2008, 06:24 PM
Yea, but if I remember, it was because you did it in the wrong place ;)

There's no place like home, there's no place like home... My dancing pink elephant thanks you... :elefant: